New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXVI: Applebloom to Zecora!

Quote Originally Posted by Beeskee View Post
    Probably an old one, but still awesome:

Spoiler
    Show

Poor women is never going to live down signing those modeling contracts in her filly days.

"I was young and foolish and needed the money! Pink hair was ALL THE RAGE!"

Somebody's getting banished to the moon for Pinkestia
    Last edited by Eakin; 2011-10-06 at 12:42 AM.
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

2. - Top - End - #482
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    *We need to find a way to make Midnight's life more complicated. Love triangle worked, but maybe Blueblood II could have a saucy 'improving' of their meeting published as part of a book

*Already happened. Twice. In the past 10 seconds
    I think we need to combine the two of these.

Cause it's either that, or... Hey, Lix, would you like to play Exalted Pony Lix too?
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Troll in the Playground

Seeing that bidding stuff there makes me wonder if I should make that printable model I'm working on a Fluttershy. She's probably my favorite, but I really shouldn't use an existing pony for something to print like this. Also, just looking around to see if anyone else has ponies on their Shapeways, I did come across a few...

Twilight Sparkle, only one I saw in color-printable-readiness.

Rainbow Dash, I'm jealous of this guy's wings but there's no way that's going to play well in the colored material.

A blank pegasus, maybe Fluttershy based. I like the seams he's got going there, but those look like really thin wings. Painting the head/hair area would get frustrating, too.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

4. - Top - End - #484

I think some of our more ship happy members need to go review the forum Sexual Harassment Policy
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    I think some of our more ship happy members need to go review the forum Sexual Harassment Policy
    that was AWESOME!!
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

6. - Top - End - #486

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    that was AWESOME!!
    I KNOW RIGHT?

I was SO sure the video it was based on was a spoof of some kind. But I looked at the source video and it honestly looks like something a human resources department would whip up, so now I think there's roughly a 63.7% chance that it's genuine.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    Eeeyup. Opera is best browser.
    Why?

I would honestly say start from here and move forward. Make going through the backlogs kind of a "rainy day" project, if you wanna split them 13 and 13 that would be cool with me.

Also I don't know precisely how well I'm going to be able to keep up with this. At least until I get settled in at work. Time = No lately.

Also, are you thinking a document containing our quote-posts? Or just like...

TOPICS:
    *Fluttertree Conspiracy
    *Out in the Cold
    *Season 2 Episode 3 Spoilers and Discussion
    *Lix successfully clones herself, self shipping ensues
    *etc...
    I would think more like the list, except anything of real note could be done in a paragraph or two, rather than just a bullet point. I would also prefer we do it in tandem, if only because we each find different things important; some things we both quote, sure, but there are also differences which lead to a rounded perspective.

Given the nature of the project though, I think I'll establish a set of google docs to record the annals of pony. Annals. Two Ns. Good gracious you people are dirty-minded.

I am the quotesman, why not take it up a notch to archivist? All I need is a tutorial on how gdocs works on the iPhone, and I'm set. Or to buy that desktop Thanqol made me want.

...Wow. Okay yeah. Point. I need to go to bed, not look at ponies on ebay. I think this might end poorly if I do.

I'm calm, I'm calm. I think I had a minor hemorrhage at seeing one that's actually show accurate (don't get me wrong the other ones are cute but you can still tell they're amateur). Don't worry, it's not going to happen.

...I guess now take it at face value for the lulz?

...P-Please?
    It's cool. You just triggered my contingencies with specific numbers.

Winning the lottery is a life changing event because I'm poor. Always have been. It's not even a money issue, but an outlook one. I could live the next ten years at a dead-end job I love in a $600/month one bedroom apartment, because I have what I need; integrity, friends, imagination and hobbies.

2 million in the bank at 1%+ interest (not hard to find at that level) generates 20k a year - average salary for the first 3 years somepony works. Add a job you love, and boom! Set for life. If I win the lottery, random friends and family are getting accounts worth 2mil each, and if they ever ask for a cent I'll punch their lights out XD

$10,000 USD specifically - what you considered bidding - is an adventurig fund. Get supplies (backpack, water skins, rations, walking stick, change of clothes, extra socks, prepaid phone, medkit, overcoat, hat), put $500 on your person spread out in $5-20 increments, and squirrel away the rest in a prepaid debt card. Then go backpacking across the country, with plenty of money for hotel rooms, taxis, and a flight home if you wuss out.

That is to say, it is an amount of money I have specifically put a lot of romanticized thought into, so I had an immediate idea of how you could make it more worth your while.

... More words I throw out, more condescending I sound. I really need to reevaluate my communication processes...

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    I have a phobia against spending money in general.
    Me too! It makes it all the stranger that I seem to run out so fast XD

8. - Top - End - #488

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

2 million in the bank at 1%+ interest (not hard to find at that level) generates 20k a year - average salary for the first 3 years somepony works. Add a job you love, and boom! Set for life. If I win the lottery, random friends and family are getting accounts worth 2mil each, and if they ever ask for a cent I'll punch their lights out XD

$10,000 USD specifically - what you considered bidding - is an adventurig fund. Get supplies (backpack, water skins, rations, walking stick, change of clothes, extra socks, prepaid phone, medkit, overcoat, hat), put $500 on your person spread out in $5-20 increments, and squirrel away the rest in a prepaid debt card. Then go backpacking across the country, with plenty of money for hotel rooms, taxis, and a flight home if you wuss out.

That is to say, it is an amount of money I have specifically put a lot of romanticized thought into, so I had an immediate idea of how you could make it more worth your while.

... More words I throw out, more condescending I sound. I really need to reevaluate my communication processes...
    You can do WAY better than the 1% a year return from a checking account, even playing conservatively. At 1% a year you're losing real wealth to inflation all the time. But I totally agree about using money to have an adventure or experience rather than just buying a thing. People who do that are happier according to my favorite scientific journal, Articles I Read Somewhere On The Internet One Time.

9. - Top - End - #489
    Ettin in the Playground

SPOILERED FOR FINANCIAL STUFF: Do not open if you care about how much money I have. (Trust me it makes sense. I just know that flashing money can be considered in very bad taste but that is not the point of this image I promise aaagh paranoia go away!)
    Spoiler
    Show

...S-Should I do it? I'm hovering over the bid button. AND I DON'T KNOW WHY.
    I say the NEIGH!!

[color="green"]

Aye. Once a writin endeavor is underway, it's a lot like exploring a cave. Going in, you know it runs north, bears east, is about 3 meters wide/tall, rough, and ends in a big room.

Actually going through, you see things that just didn't occur, because they were irrelevant at that level. The floor undulates. There are columns of rock formed by stalac- and stlagm-ites. You come across a pool of blind fish, and realize that you should have been mentioning the ever-growing puddles you've been coming across this whole time, and have to go back and foreshadow. Etc.

Writing is an arduous process, because an idea, and a well-written idea are different by magnitudes. I suspect folks like Thanqol and Raz use ultrasound and echolocation to map out more specifics than my line, circle, and approximations.
    Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. I'm starting to think I should just say the high-level planning I've done so far is good enough and start getting "into the cave" so to speak and writing up chapters. However, I did see some writing advice that stated "plan plan plan plan" is the way to go for best results, hence why I wanted to check before moving off that stage.

That said, while I think I have a handle on the "Actions/Events" cave system I have a feeling I need to take another look at the "Character Progression" layer of things and see if that makes sense. I have a feeling that will be the harder one to plot out properly, and I've always found that to be the one that makes or breaks a story.

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Element of Stabbing has not been taken as far as I can tell.

Happens all the time. Especially if you suddenly get THAT IDEA that demands to be written into your story.
    Yeah, the scene that just demands to be included. The concept that just clicks to explain why someone does something. That will come in time once I get writing I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Can I grab Element of Smiles? (If that's ok )

I'm kind of scared to click that link ... thankfully it's a moot point until I get home where youtube is no longer blocked :P
    Last edited by BlasTech; 2011-10-06 at 01:10 AM.

10. - Top - End - #490

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    I'm kind of scared to click that link ... thankfully it's a moot point until I get home where youtube is no longer blocked :P
    It's worth clicking when you get home. Truuuust in uuuus.
    LGBTitP

11. - Top - End - #491
    Orc in the Playground

Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

PonyFort: IC and OOC threads.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ettin in the Playground

Sure.

Now, for some DisQordin'!

13. - Top - End - #493
    Colossus in the Playground

I think my favourite take on Derpy is Hardworking Derpy. The Derpy who believes in herself and gives 100%, damn the consequences.

14. - Top - End - #494
    Orc in the Playground

I definitely prefer that over the ones where she's some form of damaged goods. Let's face it tho, like any background pony with no lines or written personality, she's such a complete blank slate that people can fill in with *anything* and it will fit. I've seen some things where she has a PHD in theoretical physics.

If she didn't have crossed eyes in the first episode, she wouldn't have stood out at all. I'm glad she did.

C-c-c-combo breaker. Not Derpy.
    Last edited by Beeskee; 2011-10-06 at 02:09 AM.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rappy View Post
    It's worth clicking when you get home. Truuuust in uuuus.
    Wellp, if the element of Honesty vouches for it, what's the worst that can happen?

*Watches the video*

... wat

*dies (from Laughter)*

16. - Top - End - #496
    Titan in the Playground

I got really behind in this thread.

Have a derpy. <3

Spoiler
    Show

I d'aw'd and lawl'd all at the same time. /)w(\

17. - Top - End - #497
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Hey, Midnight...

I think my favourite take on Derpy is Hardworking Derpy. The Derpy who believes in herself and gives 100%, damn the consequences.
    I definitely prefer that over the ones where she's some form of damaged goods.

I've seen some things where she has a PHD in theoretical physics.
    These aren't really mutually exclusive. A combo canon cannon: Derpy has a degree in theoretical physics, but when Pinkie proved that physics don't actually work in Equestria, it "broke" Derpy. She's still smart, just mentally discombobulated just beyond absentminded professor, and with a degree that doesn't have much use. So, in between being Dr. Whooves' companion, she's the town mailmare/delivery person, Carrot Tops' fridge raiding roommate and a mother.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

18. - Top - End - #498
    Ogre in the Playground

First of all, thanks to everypony for their best wishes, hugs, and concern.

Five weeks to go...

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    This, this, a thousand times, this. The best character ideas I've had have sprung up as a character is being played. Seeing them in action, something about their personality and the situations they find themselves in just clicks and you suddenly start realizing backstory details that you just thought of, but totally have fit the character this whole time.
    This is what I was talking about when I said to feed the character and let it go. Very few characters spring to mind fully-formed. Creation is a positive feedback loop - they need interaction with other characters to know how they act and react.

This is something I struggle with a lot with my characters, and something that is a major risk to including yourself in a character. Yes, every character starts with a speck of their creator, but that's all you want to add; a speck. Too much, and you find that your thoughts and your character's thoughts are similar 90% of the time. Which makes it incredibly easy to ignore that last 10% of vital character difference, and before you know it, you're just RP'ing as yourself. I've fallen into that trap numerous times, and only some last-minute character flaws that popped up as I was playing them kept them separate from me.
    I agree with adding a speck of the creator remark. That is what I mean by the "seed". In many of my characters, I've taken an aspect or two of my personality and isolated it in order to explore it. A couple of my characters... they are not nice people, and don't really belong in a ponythread. To be honest, I kind of didn't like them, and they scared me a little.

The seed part is the tricky part here (I think of it in terms of aiming/preparing conditions for momentum). I've got a method for it that works wonders for me, though. I give each character an Ideal - what their perfect world and enlightenment looks like, and then I come up with a flawed version of the Ideal that will lead them down the wrong path. And the characters literally write themselves from there.
    Interesting... I shall have to give that a try next time I want to flesh out a character concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Ok, you have me there. I suppose I should narrow it down to there being no terrible wasting sicknesses. For example, no bubonic plague, polio, influenza or the like. Sweetie Bell being sick is one thing, Sweetie Bell getting giant puss filled sores of liquid pain is something completely different.

Either that, or Equestria is a lot less of a utopia than we are shown. Perhaps the entire series is a propaganda reel by Princess Celestia to blind people of the great injustices of pony society.
    Spike caught a cold at the end of Winter Wrap Up, so clearly viruses exist, and are transmissible from equine to dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    Consider this an e-hug to the both of you! Or at least a hearty, cheerful slap on the shoulder, and an invigorating grin.

Note: invigorating grin might instead be creepy. No refunds.

Not so awesome. What can be said but press on, stiff upper lip, and look forwards to the prize that is being run for. Don't falter, don't give up, and never surrender. Just keep running until you can run no more, and then keep running, though it costs you everything.

Preach it, brother.
    1. Nothing wrong with creepy grins. *stares, grinning*

2. And that's just the nature of my job. Miss a day or two, and stuff just piles up.

3. I have been. Some of my real life friends who I think would be total bronies if they would just watch the show are proving to be resilient.

Names must:
    - Have a nickname/affectionate version
    - Be able to be shouted
    - Sound reasonable at every level of shortening/lengthening.
    - Colour the personality of the character who grew up with that name.
    <snip>

Sound matters more than meaning.
    Agreed - how a name sounds is vital in reflecting the nature of the character. Essentially, the name is summary of the character - just look at the Mane Six and many of the supporting characters for perfect examples of this.

19. - Top - End - #499
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    In defense of the other guy, not only were they the new and improved awesome ponys, and toy's that are show accurate, but they were the size of the TANKS!

But seriously, that is Win. And I'd never though I'd say that to a Lich. Like, ever.
    *tips helmet*

The irony is, of course, I was actually playing the blue tanks in the actual game...

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    (pats gently on skull from behind)
    I'll get you one day.
    AAAAAARGH!

Video! Video! Video!

Actually, boss, technically we don't have a policy for that here, because you used your discretionary powers to ignore it because you thought it was pointless because "how in the fragging hell can you sexually harass a Lich?!" But I'm covered, since I'm still not relichificated yet.

Curse you, naiveity!!!!
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2011-10-06 at 04:14 AM.

20. - Top - End - #500
    Orc in the Playground

I found a reply I missed. Oops.

That is awesome. And in this economy it's a blessing to actually land a job, never mind one in a field you truly want to work in.

I hate that the news is only motivated on ratings, and that negative stories and slander/partisan politics (*points to FOX News*) get those ratings. It's a vicious downward cycle that's next to impossible to break out of. Well, until you discover the magic of online news and RSS feeds / FARK.
    Definitely. Thank you, and thanks to everyone else too for the well-wishing.

As far as news goes, I think any company which actually delivered good news would have a receptive market. I've heard the idea of a "good news channel" from a few different people.

Beeskee: Can I be the Element of Spam?

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Hey, Midnight...

These aren't really mutually exclusive. A combo canon cannon: Derpy has a degree in theoretical physics, but when Pinkie proved that physics don't actually work in Equestria, it "broke" Derpy. She's still smart, just mentally discombobulated just beyond absentminded professor, and with a degree that doesn't have much use. So, in between being Dr. Whooves' companion, she's the town mailmare/delivery person, Carrot Tops' fridge raiding roommate and a mother.
    Pinkestia: Let's fly to the castle!

That's definitely one possible theory. I actually like it a lot. Hehe and I love the Derpy fridge raiding thing she has going on. I've seen a few of the comics where she's staying with Carrot Top, they're adorable.

Edit: Oh and I think I am caught up on all the Midnight stories. They're all really, really good. Even though I got confused about who wrote some of the side stories that were by other authors, heh. Oops. (I picked Derpy as an icon for more than one reason...)

Edit: To Dexam: Good luck, I hope things go well!
    Last edited by Beeskee; 2011-10-06 at 04:54 AM.

21. - Top - End - #501

Wellp, if the element of Honesty vouches for it, what's the worst that can happen?

*Watches the video*

... wat

*dies (from Laughter)*
    Little did you suspect that, as a champion of the shapeshifter cause, I am actually the element of Deception.

Works every time...
    LGBTitP

22. - Top - End - #502
    Ettin in the Playground

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rappy View Post
    Little did you suspect that, as a champion of the shapeshifter cause, I am actually the element of Deception.

Works every time...
    Little did you suspect that, as the Element of Smiles, dying from laughter only makes me MORE POWERFUL!

MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

And yes, this laughter does set up a positive feedback loop!

PS: Oh Celestia, I fail at getting my posts correct first time ><

Spoiler
    Show
    "Hm?" The gold-coloured pony looked up from her own thoughts, and then reflexively bowed her head. "Good afternoon. Do not concern yourself about my wellbeing; I merely learned an important lesson about waterproofing."

The formality was crisp and practised, politeness taking absolute priority over the hint of bafflement in her eyes.
    Welp, let's go nuts then shall we?

Clockwork Pony RP

Spoiler
    Show
    A larger than usual unicorn stallion paused on the path down from Canterlot, taking in the two ponies before him. He took a moment to adjust the blue-plumed helmet he wore in an attempt to better shield his eyes from the sunlight. It was a futile gesture, as the fringe on the helmet was far too short to provide any real shade.

Not that he would complain about that, any more than he would about his charcoal grey coat. Both of these were marks of his station which he bore prominently and proudly.

Reaching into his saddlebags with his magic, he retrieved a scroll of parchment which he held up before his eyes. His gaze flitted back and forth between the paper and the travellers for several seconds before he rolled it back up into his saddlebags with a satisfied nod. No doubt one of these ponies was the one his orders pertained to.

But which one? He wondered. His orders had not been very specific after all …

Undaunted, he approached the two; snapping a salute once they noticed him.

“Well met, madam, sir” He intoned, with parade-ground precision. “Your assigned escort has arrived.”
    Last edited by BlasTech; 2011-10-06 at 05:26 AM.

23. - Top - End - #503

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    Meet his coworker and assistant [name needed]:
    Reels?

SPOILERED FOR FINANCIAL STUFF: Do not open if you care about how much money I have. (Trust me it makes sense. I just know that flashing money can be considered in very bad taste but that is not the point of this image I promise aaagh paranoia go away!)
    Spoiler
    Show

...S-Should I do it? I'm hovering over the bid button. AND I DON'T KNOW WHY.
    Just for laughs, I'm going to keep saying "no" until you say you won't do it. No no no no no no no no no no- oh, you already said you won't do it? Alright, good plan. Burning through $12,000 on a single plushie just screams of a bad plan.

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Stormpony Avatar by Dirtytabs

24. - Top - End - #504
    Barbarian in the Playground

Heck, for $1,000 you can buy a book on how to make plushes, and pick up a ton of material and filling, and make all the ponies you want...

Hang on I need to go buy a book.
    Yeah, me too...

Reels?
    I wanted to stay away from that, mostly because that just screams 'overused' for a pony name, at least to me.

You are now terrified of Fluttershy:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Or love her more if you are into that sort of thing.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

25. - Top - End - #505
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Ido Nos View Post
    Goodnight everypony!

Have some pic-a-tures:
    Spoiler
    Show

That last gif...

Woooooooooah...

Guys... could I have an element...

Maybe?
    Last edited by Tectonic Robot; 2011-10-06 at 07:01 AM.

26. - Top - End - #506

Spoiler
    Show

Poor Celestia. I can't imagine what growing up must have been like if she had to deal with that the entire time.

Why?
    Extremely lightweight, and speed dial is gorgeous. I can't go back to being without it.

I would think more like the list, except anything of real note could be done in a paragraph or two, rather than just a bullet point. I would also prefer we do it in tandem, if only because we each find different things important; some things we both quote, sure, but there are also differences which lead to a rounded perspective.

Given the nature of the project though, I think I'll establish a set of google docs to record the annals of pony. Annals. Two Ns. Good gracious you people are dirty-minded.

I am the quotesman, why not take it up a notch to archivist? All I need is a tutorial on how gdocs works on the iPhone, and I'm set. Or to buy that desktop Thanqol made me want.
    Alright, cool. I can start working forward from here; I'll set up a google docs account specifically for pony and go from there. Hey, I already have 17 (or so) google accounts, why not one more?

And yes. Yes we are dirty minded. Very much so.

It's cool. You just triggered my contingencies with specific numbers.

Winning the lottery is a life changing event because I'm poor. Always have been. It's not even a money issue, but an outlook one. I could live the next ten years at a dead-end job I love in a $600/month one bedroom apartment, because I have what I need; integrity, friends, imagination and hobbies.

You don't sound condescending, it's cool man. That actually sounds really cool, and I have already said I want to hike the Appalachian trail some day...

I say the NEIGH!!
    Managing to look out for my well being, and still putting in a pony pun. I applaud you.

D'awwww. I vote yes. Granted there is no voting system or like... Acceptance or nomination system. But still![/QUOTE]

Just for laughs, I'm going to keep saying "no" until you say you won't do it. No no no no no no no no no no- oh, you already said you won't do it? Alright, good plan. Burning through $12,000 on a single plushie just screams of a bad plan.
    I'm aware, don't worry. But part of me, buried somewhere deep, deep inside was just going, in a monotone repeating voice...

Pooonnnnyyy...... Pooonnnnnyyy...... Pooonnnnyyy..... Poonnnyyy....

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    You are now terrified of Fluttershy:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Or love her more if you are into that sort of thing.
    She should have named her gun "Gala".

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    That last gif...

Woooooooooah...

Guys... could I have an element...

Maybe?
    Of course you can! Just go on ahead and pick one!
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

27. - Top - End - #507
    Colossus in the Playground

Rogue Trader session failed due to partial attendance. In it's place, I managed to get in a session of My Little Pony: Wannabe Heroes. Used the Heroquest system, ran character gen and a quick off-the-cuff adventure.

The characters:
    The guy from Monkey Island as an Earth Pony (Notable abilities: Inventory, Duck and Cover, Insult Fighting)
    A pegasus pony specialised in making winter who aspires to be a Royal Guard (Notable Abilities: Reflective Golden Armour)
    A unicorn named Spotlight who's basically The Great and Powerful Trixie as a showboating colt (Notable Abilities: "Stand Back, I'm Going To Try Magic" and "I meant to do that").

They arrive in the town of Bridle Shores, which is being held hostage by Thistle who is playing the role of utterly ineffective supervillain. She does, however, have a DOOM LASER aimed at the town. The party storms her doom fortress, overcoming a terrible robot and a pit trap before confronting Thistle and beating her by hitting her in the self esteem. She tries to fire the mind control laser, the pegasus uses his armour to reflect the beam back onto her, and the party instructs her to turn herself in.

Phase two is they move on to Fillydelphia where the Wonderbolts are putting on a performance. Using... that guy who plays Grills in the RP...'s suggestion, I roll a D6. 1. Which means Trollestia's in town. The ladies' colt fails his contacts roll to get tickets to the show, which means he gets the tickets - to Trollestia's private box. Now, Trollestia don't take too kindly to this, so she organises a half-time event where she volunteers Spotlight to go and perform some flying tricks. He's also informed that magic is cheating. Upon using magic anyway, he attempts to one-up Trollestia by claiming he can do a lap of the course with the entire Wonderbolts team trying to stop him.

That doesn't end so well for him.

It was a blast An extended hilarity match between three wannabe heroes and their attempts to be big shots. There's no way I could do that justice in wordings.

Welp, let's go nuts then shall we?

Clockwork Pony RP

Spoiler
    Show
    A larger than usual unicorn stallion paused on the path down from Canterlot, taking in the two ponies before him. He took a moment to adjust the blue-plumed helmet he wore in an attempt to better shield his eyes from the sunlight. It was a futile gesture, as the fringe on the helmet was far too short to provide any real shade.

Not that he would complain about that, any more than he would about his charcoal grey coat. Both of these were marks of his station which he bore prominently and proudly.

Reaching into his saddlebags with his magic, he retrieved a scroll of parchment which he held up before his eyes. His gaze flitted back and forth between the paper and the travellers for several seconds before he rolled it back up into his saddlebags with a satisfied nod. No doubt one of these ponies was the one his orders pertained to.

But which one? He wondered. His orders had not been very specific after all …

Undaunted, he approached the two; snapping a salute once they noticed him.

“Well met, madam, sir” He intoned, with parade-ground precision. “Your assigned escort has arrived.”
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Escort?" Charger's brow furrowed. "I'm not sure who thought that this would be funny, but I assure you I'm not quite that desperate. No offence intended."

28. - Top - End - #508

Rogue Trader session failed due to partial attendance. In it's place, I managed to get in a session of My Little Pony: Wannabe Heroes. Used the Heroquest system, ran character gen and a quick off-the-cuff adventure.

The characters:
    The guy from Monkey Island as an Earth Pony (Notable abilities: Inventory, Duck and Cover, Insult Fighting)
    A pegasus pony specialised in making winter who aspires to be a Royal Guard (Notable Abilities: Reflective Golden Armour)
    A unicorn named Spotlight who's basically The Great and Powerful Trixie as a showboating colt (Notable Abilities: "Stand Back, I'm Going To Try Magic" and "I meant to do that").

They arrive in the town of Bridle Shores, which is being held hostage by Thistle who is playing the role of utterly ineffective supervillain. She does, however, have a DOOM LASER aimed at the town. The party storms her doom fortress, overcoming a terrible robot and a pit trap before confronting Thistle and beating her by hitting her in the self esteem. She tries to fire the mind control laser, the pegasus uses his armour to reflect the beam back onto her, and the party instructs her to turn herself in.

Phase two is they move on to Fillydelphia where the Wonderbolts are putting on a performance. Using... that guy who plays Grills in the RP...'s suggestion, I roll a D6. 1. Which means Trollestia's in town. The ladies' colt fails his contacts roll to get tickets to the show, which means he gets the tickets - to Trollestia's private box. Now, Trollestia don't take too kindly to this, so she organises a half-time event where she volunteers Spotlight to go and perform some flying tricks. He's also informed that magic is cheating. Upon using magic anyway, he attempts to one-up Trollestia by claiming he can do a lap of the course with the entire Wonderbolts team trying to stop him.

That doesn't end so well for him.

It was a blast An extended hilarity match between three wannabe heroes and their attempts to be big shots. There's no way I could do that justice in wordings.

Spoiler
    Show
    "Escort?" Charger's brow furrowed. "I'm not sure who thought that this would be funny, but I assure you I'm not quite that desperate. No offence intended."
    Oh man, that sounds like soooo much fun. I really need to run a pony campaign.

Spoiler
    Show
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

29. - Top - End - #509

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    *We need to find a way to make Midnight's life more complicated. Love triangle worked, but maybe Blueblood II could have a saucy 'improving' of their meeting published as part of a book
    l
    *Midnight twitches. She just....twitches.

I think we need to combine the two of these.

Cause it's either that, or... Hey, Lix, would you like to play Exalted Pony Lix too?
    "Don't you encourage them!"

Hey, Midnight...
    You keep away from my cutie mark too!

Edit: Oh and I think I am caught up on all the Midnight stories. They're all really, really good. Even though I got confused about who wrote some of the side stories that were by other authors, heh. Oops. (I picked Derpy as an icon for more than one reason...)
    Hee hee, yeah, the Midnight series is one of the few fanfiction series in the MLP to have multiple authors contributing stuff, so I can see how it can be confusing. Glad you liked them, though!

Also, Titanium, glad to see you didn't do the foalish thing and buy that.

30. - Top - End - #510

So as you all know, Psychoshutin is playing a Changeling that goes by "Trixie" in my current campaign, illusion specialization. So, in keeping with my OTP, I've decided that in my next campaign after the Arena Fight, Trixie's new found fame is going to kind of go to her head (we worked this out together), and that I'm also going to introduce a woman in a yellow dress that is seen in the audience who begins whooping and cheering and jumping at Trixie's most recent feats.

I need to come up with a human-esque variant of the name Fluttershy for this NPC. Actually... Would elf work better? No... Crap, I need a race now too.

Romantic interest will ensue. I am shipping ponies in a D&D campaign. In a campaign where only myself and Psycho are bronies. I feel way too accomplished at this. XD

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    Also, Titanium, glad to see you didn't do the foalish thing and buy that.
    Looking at it with sleep and coffee in my system? Me too.
    Last edited by Titanium Fox; 2011-10-06 at 07:59 AM.

Spoiler
    Show