New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

smile [3.5]Need candy versios of powers+spells and some monsters/locations for "Candy Land"

I am shocked that my thread in the General Forum about adding the Elemental Plane of Candy to my cosmology took off, so now I want to go all out with this!

What I need to make this all fly:
    • Ideas on how to add the Candy Energy type to Powers like Energy Missile and Energy Wall, and the same for spells (sorry, very limited experience with magic), since Candy is now apparently an element in my cosmology.
    • Specific spells based on Candy. There have been some great ideas mentioned in the above thread (Inflict Minor/Light diabetes was awesome), but I want to get into more and actual detail to actually put it all in my games.
    • Monster ideas, or any monsters you can reference from actual published material, or even homebrewed material you can link to.
    • Locations on the Plane of Candy. already heard a few good ones in that thread, like the Great Wall of Chocolate.
    • NPCs which would work well here. I want to start with the Candy Land characters, if anyone has any ideas for how to stat them.
    • I think I will go the route of having Queen Frostine/Princess Frostine as the ruler/Archomental/deity of this plane, so I need to figure out how to stat her as such, and what to stat her as.
    • If possible, any ideas for models, and even terrain I can use or convert for this. I am already thinking of repainting one of my large Astral Constructs miniatures in candy cane colors...

Absolutely any ideas or advice would be GREATLY appreciated here!
    Last edited by newbDM; 2008-11-18 at 11:35 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5] Need candy versios of powers+spells and some monster/Locations for "Candy L

I guess it's a start. I'll keep looking for stuff...

Duke of URL posted some ideas on a Candyland RPG here.

Monsters
    Birthday Cake Golem by Kellus
    Butterscotch Pudding Golem by Vorpal Tribble
    Candy Oozes by Danu
    Chocolate Golem by Maerok
    Figgy Pudding by Bhu
    Gingerbread Golem by Rich Burlew
    Gingerbread Man by drawingfreak
    Peanut Butter Golem by Vorpal Tribble
    Rabbits of Cadbury by drawingfreak
    Rock Candy Elemental by drawingfreak

Spells
    Flesh to Chocolate by Orzel

Locations
    Locations by drawingfreak

Items
    Various Candies by Jayngfet
    Last edited by Lappy9000; 2008-11-18 at 06:11 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5] Need candy versios of powers+spells and some monster/Locations for "Candy L

what about candy breathing? whenever you have any kind of candy in your mouth, you are sustaned as far as breathing goes, but you can only get that from candy.
    awsom avvy by simius
    srry 'bout the spellin'

OoTS Graveyard

R.I.P OoTS #1-#443
    Fell right into her grave. OoTS#120-#464

4. - Top - End - #4

Quote Originally Posted by Lappy9000 View Post

Monsters
    Candy Oozes by Danu
    Figgy Pudding by Bhu

Spells

Locations

Items

Thank you so much for all those links!

There is some great stuff in there.

Since the Candy Land RPG is in another system, I do not see how I can use that, but a lot of that other stuff will be great.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am already trying to tweak two of those monsters to my needs/setting. The Candy Oozes. When I saw them, my heart jumped, because I had finally found the perfect creature(s) to use as Porings (from Ragnarok Online) in my games. Even training and familiar rules to boot!

Please let me know what you all think of these changes I am trying to use to make them more Poring-ish:
    Alterations to the Candy Oozes (aka Porings) for my setting

1. Candy Oozes can form simple faces if they choose. They alter their ooze structure, and darken certain areas to form two cute button-like eyes and an adorable little mouth. They can see through the eyes they form (although they retain the Blindsight ability), and can use their mouths to manipulate objects as any other creature could.

Notes:
    -Essentially, they resemble the Porings from Ragnarok identically, except for their sizes. See the included pictures.

2. Ignore the "A candy ooze familiar never gains the ability to speak to others of its own kind" part of the familiar section.

3. Ignore the "It advances as its master’s caster level was two levels lower then it actually is" part of the familiar section.

4. I agree with, and will implement the "I'd specify that the cherry candy's acid doesn't affect inorganic material, unless you meant it to ("all but the dead" implies that you didn't)."

5. Porings/Candy Oozes have a fondness for apples. Using ripe juicy apples to train them gives you a +2 to your Handle Animal checks.

I have even started a binder for all this plane's material, and I have made a few pages for these guys (for visual references for the players, and because they are just so cute..):

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I now really want to stat out the Devil Poring from Ragnarok.

Anyone know how I can alter the Candy oozes for this one?

I also made a cover for the binder, and divided it into the following sections with tabs:
    1. Information (on the setting)
    2. Locations
    3. Settlements
    4. NPCs
    5. Mosters
    6. Powers
    7. Spells
    8. Items

edit:
    Oops. Need to correct the Cherry Ooze image.
    Last edited by newbDM; 2008-11-18 at 11:44 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by aaron_the_cow View Post
    what about candy breathing? whenever you have any kind of candy in your mouth, you are sustaned as far as breathing goes, but you can only get that from candy.
    Um, I am kind of confused. What do you mean? Why breathe through candy?

6. - Top - End - #6

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by newbDM View Post
    Um, I am kind of confused. What do you mean? Why breathe through candy?
    If there's nothing else available for you to breathe.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5]Need candy versios of powers+spells and some monsters/Locations for "Candy L

Licorice Men:
    Spoiler
    Show

Licorice Man
    Medium Outsider (Extraplanar, Candy)
    HD: 8d8+24 (56 hp)
    Init: +6
    Speed: 30 ft
    AC: 18 (+6 natural armor, +2 dex)
    BAB/Grapple: +8/+18
    Attack: Slam +14 (2d8+6)
    Full Attack 2 Slams +14 (2d8+6)
    Face/Reach:5ftx5ft/5ft
    Special Attacks: Improved Grab, Constrict
    Special Qualities: DR 10/fire or bite attack, soda weakness, regeneration 5
    Saves: Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +9
    Feats: Combat Expertise, Improved Trip, Improved Initiative
    Abilities: Str 22, Dex 14, Con 16, Int 14, Wis 16, Cha 15
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Climate/Terrain: Candyland
    Organization: Solitary, Pair, or Patrol (5-6)
    Challenge Rating: 11
    Treasure: Double Candy
    Allignment: Always Neutral Evil
    Advancement: 9-12 HD (medium), 13-18 HD (large)

A group of strange insectlike creatures hustle towards you. They have red bodies that seem to be wound out of rope... licorice rope. Their arms coil and uncoil unconsciously as they approach you.

Licorice men are evil creatures from the Plane of Candy. They are bloodthirsty reavers that strike from their fortress deep in the bowels of the molasses swamp. They swear fealty to the Black Licorice King, who styles himself as the true king of the Plane of Candy.

Licorice men have a cruel curiosity, and like to capture other candy creatures to experiment on, creating such monsters as The Taffy Tyrant (stats to come).

Combat

Licorice men are very intelligent and fight in organized units. When they manage to grab an enemy they will usually attempt to grab another one.

Regeneration (Ex):

Fire and bite attacks deals normal damage to a licorice man. If a licorice man loses a limb or body part, the lost portion regrows in 3d6 minutes. The creature can reattach the severed member instantly by holding it to the stump.

Improved Grab (Ex):
    To use this ability, a licorice man must hit a Large or smaller opponent with a slam attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold and can constrict. Licorice men receive a +4 racial bonus on grapple checks, which is already included in the statistics block.

Constrict (Ex):
    On a successful grapple check, a licorice man deals 2d8+6 points of damage.

Soda Weakness:
    When struck by at least 2 gallons of any sort of Soda, Pop, Cola, or similar beverage, a licorice man must make a fortitude save (DC 18) or immediately crystallize and become petrified. Only a Wish or Miracle can undo the crystalization, though you'd be hard pressed to find someone willing to cast it.

I made some monsters.

Can you tell that I've thought of this before?
    Last edited by starwoof; 2008-11-19 at 12:14 AM.
    I used to do avatars on request, feel free to use them.

8. - Top - End - #8

Default Re: [3.5]Need candy versios of powers+spells and some monsters/locations for "Candy L

The Revised Portable Hole Full of Beer has an Elemental Plane of Candy. I don't know if you're starting with that. It has, amongst other things, the (Stay Puff) Marshmallow Golem.

There is also a pastry golem in one of the free WOTC adventures.

Sigurd
    Logo by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #9

Default Re: [3.5]Need candy versios of powers+spells and some monsters/locations for "Candy L

Quote Originally Posted by Sereg View Post
    If there's nothing else available for you to breathe.
    Oh, I see.

Damn, I guess I made an error. I was imagining it would have a surface, which would be a lot like Candy Land (as in the game). But as en elemental plane, wouldn't that mean that it is nothing but solid candy like the elemental plane of earth?

I think I messed up the whole thing here.

Quote Originally Posted by starwoof View Post
    Licorice Men:
    Spoiler
    Show

Licorice Man
    Medium Outsider (Extraplanar, Candy)
    HD: 8d8+24 (56 hp)
    Init: +6
    Speed: 30 ft
    AC: 18 (+6 natural armor, +2 dex)
    BAB/Grapple: +8/+18
    Attack: Slam +14 (2d8+6)
    Full Attack 2 Slams +14 (2d8+6)
    Face/Reach:5ftx5ft/5ft
    Special Attacks: Improved Grab, Constrict
    Special Qualities: DR 10/fire or bite attack, soda weakness, regeneration 5
    Saves: Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +9
    Feats: Combat Expertise, Improved Trip, Improved Initiative
    Abilities: Str 22, Dex 14, Con 16, Int 14, Wis 16, Cha 15
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Climate/Terrain: Candyland
    Organization: Solitary, Pair, or Patrol (5-6)
    Challenge Rating: 11
    Treasure: Double Candy
    Allignment: Always Neutral Evil
    Advancement: 9-12 HD (medium), 13-18 HD (large)

A group of strange insectlike creatures hustle towards you. They have red bodies that seem to be wound out of rope... licorice rope. Their arms coil and uncoil unconsciously as they approach you.

Licorice men are evil creatures from the Plane of Candy. They are bloodthirsty reavers that strike from their fortress deep in the bowels of the molasses swamp. They swear fealty to the Black Licorice King, who styles himself as the true king of the Plane of Candy.

Licorice men have a cruel curiosity, and like to capture other candy creatures to experiment on, creating such monsters as The Taffy Tyrant (stats to come).

Combat

Licorice men are very intelligent and fight in organized units. When they manage to grab an enemy they will usually attempt to grab another one.

Regeneration (Ex):

Fire and bite attacks deals normal damage to a licorice man. If a licorice man loses a limb or body part, the lost portion regrows in 3d6 minutes. The creature can reattach the severed member instantly by holding it to the stump.

Improved Grab (Ex):
    To use this ability, a licorice man must hit a Large or smaller opponent with a slam attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold and can constrict. Licorice men receive a +4 racial bonus on grapple checks, which is already included in the statistics block.

Constrict (Ex):
    On a successful grapple check, a licorice man deals 2d8+6 points of damage.

Soda Weakness:
    When struck by at least 2 gallons of any sort of Soda, Pop, Cola, or similar beverage, a licorice man must make a fortitude save (DC 18) or immediately crystallize and become petrified. Only a Wish or Miracle can undo the crystalization, though you'd be hard pressed to find someone willing to cast it.

I made some monsters.

Can you tell that I've thought of this before?
    That is awesome!

Even comes with pictures.

May I steal?

p.s. Just wondering, why did you make them evil?

p.s.2 The Black Licorice King. I love that. Brilliant. Just brilliant dude!

p.s.3 Are you describing the king/them as a rival to Queen Frostine/Princess Frostine? if so, I like how you worked that out. Plus it gives me some great plot/plothooks to work with here.

p.s.4 Damn, and here I thought I was on to something cool and original.

Quote Originally Posted by sigurd View Post
    The Revised Portable Hole Full of Beer has an Elemental Plane of Candy. I don't know if you're starting with that. It has, amongst other things, the (Stay Puff) Marshmallow Golem.

There is also a pastry golem in one of the free WOTC adventures.

Sigurd
    Yup. If you see the thread I linked to in the opening post, that book is what caused all this to spark in my mind. That series was amazing in my opinion. I even want to play a Field Chef as a player!

And do you know where the golem was in?

However, I fear there might be a bit too many golems out there vrs. other critters.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And here is my attempt to photoshop the Sweettooth Dwarves from the book Bride of Portable Hole Full of Beer, which is where the Elemental Plane of Candy was published:
    This cartoon character was the only dwarf-like figure I could think of that fitted this theme. However, my photoshop skills are awful.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And I remember a module at my local shop which I believe had a Hansle and Greddle (I know I butchered those names) theme. Does anyone know what it was called, or if it is a good module? Would it be easy to insert into this plane instead of the Material?
    Last edited by newbDM; 2008-11-19 at 01:18 AM.

10. - Top - End - #10

That is awesome!

Even comes with pictures.

May I steal?

p.s. Just wondering, why did you make them evil?

p.s.2 The Black Licorice King. I love that. Brilliant. Just brilliant dude!

p.s.3 Are you describing the king/them as a rival to Queen Frostine/Princess Frostine? if so, I like how you worked that out. Plus it gives me some great plot/plothooks to work with here.

p.s.4 Damn, and here I thought I was on to something cool and original.
    Yeah sure go ahead and use it! I had the characters already made I just statted them out for you. 1. They were the main villains in one of my old webcomic ideas, and they just look really nasty, don't they?

2. :)

3. Yes.

4. Its definitely original, I only thought of it because the guy in the molasses swamp is really evil looking and it gave me the idea to make evil candy-bug people.

EDIT: I love the Sweettooth dwarves.
    Last edited by starwoof; 2008-11-19 at 01:31 AM.
    I used to do avatars on request, feel free to use them.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, I don't have the time to homebrew the actual spells and monsters right now, but I think I have some truly interesting ideas.

And that's just the tip of the sweet, sweet iceberg.
    Awesome Avatar by Shattersnap.

Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to El Goonish Shive for the banner image.

Give a player a fish, and he’ll probably try to sell it to an NPC fisherman.

Teach a player to fish, and next week he’ll show up with the book, “The Complete Adventuring Fisherman”. He’ll start hunting for some monstrous leviathan to catch and enslave, and he’ll be dual-wielding two fishing poles.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Wow, well done Enlong, those are awesome...

Some slowing taffy spells are likely in order. Maybe choking stuff...

Some kind of spell that gums up your mouth so you can't speak/cast with verbal components.

Caramelize: offensive spell that encases an enemy inside of a shell of sugar, requiring a lot of time, a lot of water, or a very high strength check to get out of.

Gummy shield of reflecting spells and attacks.

Those are the first ideas that come to mind.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Oooh! Yes! A Gummy Shield could provide a miss chance like Entropic Shield for projectiles, with a chance of deflecting them back. ANd I'd like to introduce weapon properties to make magical swords and such made out of candy. A Pepperminted Sword could deal extra Cold and Candy damage on hits, for example.

Oh, and oops, missed some. Really, when I say tip of the iceberg, I mean it. With a high enough IMAGINATION stat, we could probably come up with so many conjuration spells and such based on those awesome things.

Oh! May I suggest a spell that causes an enemy to get SBLOUNSKCHED! ?
    Last edited by Enlong; 2008-11-19 at 02:02 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

Teach a player to fish, and next week he’ll show up with the book, “The Complete Adventuring Fisherman”. He’ll start hunting for some monstrous leviathan to catch and enslave, and he’ll be dual-wielding two fishing poles.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Enlong View Post
    I always thought getting SBLOUNSKCHED! would be something you'd do to an ally. Sigh...the mysteries of life. Also, you just gave me a sudden urge to stat out Marshie. And, possibly, his disturbing cousin Gel-Arshie.

You also need Candy Bandits...or Sugar Thieves...some sort of race/monster/organization that runs around stealing candy. In a happy, whimsical way of course...like the Hamburglar. They could be displaced or framed by a more violent group of Candy Thieves as a plot hook.
    Last edited by Raging Gene Ray; 2008-11-19 at 02:13 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

I suggest that there be a candy variation on vampires, most likely the candy corn vampires Enlong suggested. They should drain the sugar out of your body, draining energy (exhaustion).

In fact, there should probably be a spell to pull sugar out of another's body.

OH! Candy consumable: Haste!
    Last edited by Icewalker; 2008-11-19 at 02:29 AM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah. In addition to high DEX score and Reflex save as a result of their abnormal VAMPIRE SPEED, Candy Corn Vampires should definitely feed on the blood... sugar of healthy individuals.

... Wait, does that make Candy Corn Vampires diabetic?

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17

Quote Originally Posted by Lappy9000 View Post

Monsters
    Candy Oozes by Danu
    Figgy Pudding by Bhu

Spells

Locations

Items
    Still working on these.

I just tried to adapt the Casbury Rabbit to my cosmology/setting:
    Changes to the Cadburry Rabbits for my setting

1. Cadburry Rabbits are Magical Animals native to the Elemental Plane of Candy.

2. They have an Int score of 2 instead of -.

3. These rabbits lay eggs as chickens do, except that their eggs have a hard chocolate shell, and the yoke inside is a delicious creamy confection. These eggs are completely edible (except when they are fertilized), and are quite delicious.

Notes:
    -These eggs are prized as rare delicacies by the upper-classes on the various planes, where Cadbury Bunnies are not common. The average market price for one of these eggs is around 5gp.

4. Cadbury Rabbits can be taken as familiars by casters, or manifesters who take the Obtain Familiar feat.

They grant their master a +5 (+10) feet base speed, and they themselves can speak (as all familiars in my settings can).

5. Ignore the laying eggs only when they die part.

6. Cadbury Rabbits cluck like chickens. This is often an unexpected, and unusual, surprise for those not native to the Elemental Plane of Candy.

What do you guys think?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, I don't have the time to homebrew the actual spells and monsters right now, but I think I have some truly interesting ideas.

And that's just the tip of the sweet, sweet iceberg.
    That is an interesting comic.

So basically candy leather-ish armor?

Quote Originally Posted by Icewalker View Post
    Wow, well done Enlong, those are awesome...

Some slowing taffy spells are likely in order. Maybe choking stuff...

Some kind of spell that gums up your mouth so you can't speak/cast with verbal components.

Caramelize: offensive spell that encases an enemy inside of a shell of sugar, requiring a lot of time, a lot of water, or a very high strength check to get out of.

Gummy shield of reflecting spells and attacks.

Those are the first ideas that come to mind.
    That gummy spell sounds like an awesome idea. Not very good with spells, though.

What level, and classes would you make it? And how would you word the needing time and effort needed to dissolve/eat/get rid off the mouthful?

Oooh! Yes! A Gummy Shield could provide a miss chance like Entropic Shield for projectiles, with a chance of deflecting them back. ANd I'd like to introduce weapon properties to make magical swords and such made out of candy. A Pepperminted Sword could deal extra Cold and Candy damage on hits, for example.

Oh, and oops, missed some. Really, when I say tip of the iceberg, I mean it. With a high enough IMAGINATION stat, we could probably come up with so many conjuration spells and such based on those awesome things.

I was thinking of candy weapons lats night as I went to bed myself. I love the diea of a candy cane sword. I can even make it into models!

We still need to figure out what Candy Damage is though, and what it means/causes. Again, I would also like to insert it into the psionic powers which let you choose from the energy types for your powers (Cold, Electricity, Fire, Sonic).

Oh, and what about having a Will Save to keep yourself from eating your new +3 sword!

Quote Originally Posted by Raging Gene Ray View Post
    I always thought getting SBLOUNSKCHED! would be something you'd do to an ally. Sigh...the mysteries of life. Also, you just gave me a sudden urge to stat out Marshie. And, possibly, his disturbing cousin Gel-Arshie.

You also need Candy Bandits...or Sugar Thieves...some sort of race/monster/organization that runs around stealing candy. In a happy, whimsical way of course...like the Hamburglar. They could be displaced or framed by a more violent group of Candy Thieves as a plot hook.
    What is SBLOUNSKHED?

And I love the Candy Bandit idea. However, how would you explain them stealing candy, when they can literally just scoop down and grab some chocolate crushed dirt/soil (you all must remember that as a kid), some licorice grass, or some mint/whatever candy rocks?

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

What is SBLOUNSKHED?
    It's what you feel like when you eat one of these... Like you just got SBLOUNSCHKHED!

As for the candy bandits...perhaps the Sweettooth Dwarves refine the natural candy into improved versions that are sold in Candy Stores on the Plane of Candy. Or perhaps one type of candy only grows in a certain place and the bandits take it back to their homeland i.e. stealing from the Gumdrop Mountains and bringing it back to the Lollipop Forest.

19. - Top - End - #19

This looks very interesting. Someone should design a Diabetic Shock status effect.
    Spoiler
    Show

Do you surmise it's wise to have laser beams emitting from your eyes?
    -They Might Be Giants, "The Lady and the Tiger"

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Ooh! I just thought of something else about Candy Craftsmanship. The Sweettooth Dwarves would veer towards making those old fashioned classics really well. Like chocolate chip cookies that have just the right choco-chunk distribution and crunchy to chewy ratio.

The Gumdrop Gnomes, however, would veer towards mixing candy elements in new and unique ways (like the SBLOUNSCHKHED!!! bar) and, maybe those novelty candies you see that cost around 3 bucks for about three Jolly-Ranchers worth of candy. (Lollipop flutes that give bonuses to Bardic Music?)

Oh, and I like what you did to the Cadbury Bunnies...I didn't really like the "only laying eggs when they die part." Makes me feel guilty about eating those things...It also means there can never be more than the original number of Bunnies in the world.
    Last edited by Raging Gene Ray; 2008-11-19 at 02:45 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21

How about a Marshmallow Cube? It's like a gelatinous cube, but . . . fluffier.

Of course, you could always just have a gelatinous cube with bits of fruit floating in it, but I'm not sure that really counts as candy. I'd also offer up Twinkie the Kid as a character/monster, but again, I'm not sure he counts as candy.

How about some spells? Since I don't know what system you'll be running, I'll try to keep these generic and let you work out the specifics.

Peppermint Blast - For the duration of the spell, the target takes an appropriate amount of "candy" damage, and all damage from cold/water based spells are doubled.

Already Been Chewed - You coat your opponents in pre-chewed bubble gum, limiting their ability to move about the battlefield.

Sugar Rot - The target of the spell is made to believe their mouth is full of cavities. Until they shake this effect, they're limited in the number of actions they can take in a given turn.

Sugar Rush - A haste-like effect, but when the duration is over the target takes "candy" damage.

Sweeten the Deal - Transmute an opponent's weapon/armor into a non-magical candy material, which deals less damage and is easier to break. The higher level the spell, the more delicate the material transformation (ex. Candy Cane and low levels, chocolate bar at higher levels)

Trick or Treat! - The next time the target of the spell tries to draw a weapon or pull an item from a pack, they have a 50% chance of being dealt "candy" damage.

All right, my creative juices are slowing down. As for locations, a hot cocoa volcano would be appropriate, as would a "pixie stick" desert and a lake filled with caramel. And, of course, all of the gnomes in this setting should be inexplicably orange-skinned and green-haired.

That's all for now. Maybe I'll come up with more later.
    Halbert's Cubicle - Wherein I write about gaming and . . . you know . . . stuff.

22. - Top - End - #22

My favorite, simple, candy hack - Psionic Power points are now M&M's.
    Quote Originally Posted by true_shinken View Post
    Ya know, Strife, I'm really happy for you and I'mma let you finish, but streakster made one of the the best analogies of all time. Of all time.
    The perfect fighter fix.
    Hey, the magnificent Shades of gray made me the cool paladin! Give him a hand!
    From time to time, I vanish from the boards. Like Frosty, though, I'll be back again some day!

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Ideas:

The stars are made of lemon drops (the bigger ones are lollipops)

The Donut Mountain is a giant frosted mountain which resembles a donut when looked at from above, its like a volcano and in the middle is a lake of donut batter. It follows a semi-regular season of being dormant, creating rivers of donut batter which flow down the mountain, or erupting violently and sending globs of donut batter across the countryside. Donut batter has the unusual property that it will naturally form into small donut shapes if it drops into a liquid or it stays airborn long enough. When a donut volcano erupts then those in the immediate vicinity may get drenched in batter, and those far away have donut-shaped globs fall from the sky.

Hot grease springs are formations that litter the Bready plains notably around Donut Mountain. If donut batter falls into them they cook up the donuts.

Sugar clouds fly overhead and rain life-giving sugar on the world below. On high mountains it forms into frosting which 'bready' creatures and plants try to cover themselves to help prevent crumbs from coming off. Sugar also helps vitalize the various Soda Pop lakes and rivers. Raw sugar that falls on the ground is usually collected by the various creatures to make more candy-stuff.

The molasses swamp is a dangerous region filled with primal oozes that live in the ultra concentrated molasses gunk. Most creatures avoid it because the sticky molasses can trap them like a tar pit, and the less friendly molasses oozes may drag trapped creatures down where they may never come out again. A molasses ooze is thought to digest normal candy and turn it into molasses, they occasionally will venture out of their swamp and infest other areas. Sentient Molasses creatures have reached agreements with the various candy races and try to control the non-sentient molasses creatures to avoid war. Though when one wages war with the molasses creatures, it will be a messy and awful war indeed.

There have been occasional wars between the Chocolate Kingdom and Candytown, M&Ms have tried to remain neutral in these affairs but have been seen with suspicion by both sides.

The Chocolate Kingdom (and other predominanlty chocolate civilizations) are noted for their industry and art, various chocolate scientists have been working on new chocolate mixes to allow their people to exist in warmer or moister climates (milk is no longer dangerous to the more 'advanced' chocolate creatures) their architecture and people are usually carved into ornate shapes which their chocolatly form can take, they care little about color and 'shape' and engineering is more what they concern themselves with. Chocolate creatures are generally lawful.

Candytown and other areas in candyland have more color and a huge variety in the building materials, most of the materials in candyland grow like plants and are harvested for use, with only occasionl additions of gingerbread to make walls with. Candy creatures prefer to have lots of colors in their lands and often give minimal attention to the structural integrity of a builging. If its damaged they just add frosting or stick more material on to fix it... or start a new one. Candy creatures are generally more carefree.

spells:

shape chocolate

wall of marshmellows

Gingerbread shelter - creates a building like Secure Shelter

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

So... Candy Corn Vampires... I think I may have hit on something with them being diabetic (stop me if I am being horribly offensive, please). Because of it, they drain blood sugar from their victims, afflicting them with their form of the disease, which, if it kills them, raises them as a candy corn vampire spawn, continuing the cycle.

Oh, is there any kind of candy that is bat shaped? If not, we can just have them turn into a chocolate bat.

Oh! We should make "chocolate form" a template, like Dustform in Sandstorm: creatures made out of animated chocolate. Failing that, Jell-o Jiggler template. Makes the templated creature an ooze, gives them a slam attack that deals candy damage, etc. gives them an inexplicable obsession over nu...

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Thoughts:

An "Icing" Spell that boosts cookie type monsters
    Chocolate, Marshmellow, and PAsrty materials like Steel, Cold Iron, and Mithril.
    Not forgetting Yldenfrei and the wonderful avatar she made.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

What would be the plane that opposes the Plane of Candy? The obvious route would be the Plane of Healthy Snacks (Fruits, Veggies, Tuna Sandwiches), but the Plane of Candy could be invaded by non-candy junkfood creatures (Grease Golems, Pizzaface Elves, etc).

Also...I'm not sure if the players would like this or not, but you could have the miniatures representing the encounters be chocolates, and the player that strikes the finishing blow has to eat it. This also depends on how willing you are to part with your delicious choccies.
    Last edited by Raging Gene Ray; 2008-11-21 at 09:50 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Heh, set up the plane of candy opposed to the plane of health food... then the plane of song and dance against the plane of boredom and sloth.

Then right in the center of the second great wheel is Lazytown where the demigods Robbie Rotten and Sportecus are trying to shift the balance of power in the cosmos. The character alignment grid has been changed from good vs evil to veggilitios vs. crunchtastic. and law and chaos have been replaced with groovy vs square.

Actually I think somebody did a groovy vs square alignment thing a while ago...

The biggest threat that Candyland could ever face is an invasion of toothpaste abominations from the dental realm.

28. - Top - End - #28

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Randel View Post
    It was Kellus. He called it Funky vs Square. He's using it for don't vote up a monster. It's an excellent piece of work.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

So... Candy Corn Vampires... I think I may have hit on something with them being diabetic (stop me if I am being horribly offensive, please). Because of it, they drain blood sugar from their victims, afflicting them with their form of the disease, which, if it kills them, raises them as a candy corn vampire spawn, continuing the cycle.
    Candy Corn Vampires do Con drain by way of hypoglycemia (too little blood sugar) perhaps? As a side effect, they cancel any hyperglycemia effect (too much blood sugar) the victim may be under prior to causing the con drain from hypoglycemia.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Randel View Post
    Heh, set up the plane of candy opposed to the plane of health food... then the plane of song and dance against the plane of boredom and sloth.

Then right in the center of the second great wheel is Lazytown where the demigods Robbie Rotten and Sportecus are trying to shift the balance of power in the cosmos. The character alignment grid has been changed from good vs evil to veggilitios vs. crunchtastic. and law and chaos have been replaced with groovy vs square.

The biggest threat that Candyland could ever face is an invasion of toothpaste abominations from the dental realm.

How about a plane of Savory?

That makes sense. Kinda.

Anyway, more Thoughts:

Candy Corn Vampires: +1
    Marshmellow: Fives damage resistence, but is spongy and takes a reduction from damage on all weapons except bludgeoning?
    Chocolate: Like good old fashioned everyday terrestial steel, except tasty and possible a spell component.
    Pastry: Skip it, Not Candy like.
    Hard Candy: Bonus to Damage Reduction, High hardness

A staff of Candy Transmuting? Like the "Everything I touch Turns to Skittles" commercial?
    Not forgetting Yldenfrei and the wonderful avatar she made.