New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Kobold

Default [3.5] spells/psi powers to repair objects

Ahoy-hoy!

Aside from mending, are there any spells or psionic powers that can repair objects? I've found several that can repair constructs, but not, say, a stone wall, or a sundered sword.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: [3.5] spells/psi powers to repair objects

Make Whole.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Banned

Animate objects and psionic/repair damage. Also, fabricate. Limited/wish, bend reality/reality revision, and miracle should also do it.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

And technically Rebirth of Iron, if it's rusted.
    Wriggle avatar by memnarch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthromancer View Post
    Animate objects and psionic/repair damage.
    I'd thought that, too, though it does seem a roundabout way to do it. And I wouldn't think it would work with something broken into two or more pieces -- the animate object would just give you two animated objects/constructs, not one broken/damaged one that you could then repair.

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    Make Whole.
    Also, fabricate
    Any suggestions on guidelines for those spells? Restores X hp/caster level? Restores Y points of hardness per caster level?

Limited/wish, bend reality/reality revision, and miracle should also do it.
    Those spells/powers should be able to do the job, sure, but I'd prefer to not have to resort to something that high a level (or XP costly) when my psion or wizard needs to fix a hole in their tower's wall after the a bunch of goblins (or the Kool-Aid Man) busts through ;)

6. - Top - End - #6

XP costs for spells are actually fairly low. The XP cost for Limited Wish? You should be getting more than that every encounter. The cost for an actual Wish spell? 3 encounters, tops.

Real men use Truenamers to repair their weapons. It stimulates the economy and makes people feel useful.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hand of Vecna View Post
    I'd thought that, too, though it does seem a roundabout way to do it. And I wouldn't think it would work with something broken into two or more pieces -- the animate object would just give you two animated objects/constructs, not one broken/damaged one that you could then repair.
    Depends on if they're cracked (and thus broken) or if they're in multiple pieces. If it's the latter, then probably not.

Any suggestions on guidelines for those spells? Restores X hp/caster level? Restores Y points of hardness per caster level?
    So long as you make the Craft check (and you have enough mass you can affect with the spell or power), you restore it to full hp automatically.

Those spells/powers should be able to do the job, sure, but I'd prefer to not have to resort to something that high a level (or XP costly) when my psion or wizard needs to fix a hole in their tower's wall after the a bunch of goblins (or the Kool-Aid Man) busts through ;)
    As was mentioned, 500 xp really isn't that much when you reach that point. If you're 1 level behind the group (say, 200 XP behind), you'll be getting a ton of XP from your next level-appropriate encounter, meaning you could even end up being a bit ahead of everyone else.

Also, the Item Crafting feats allow you to repair a heavily damaged (to the point of destroyed) magic item for 1/2 its original cost.