New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1472
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXVIII

Crash Site

Katherine will find a nine foot tall mech with a spherical core roughly jammed in where a head or cockpit would be. One arm is missing and both legs have moderate damage.

It looks like the only thing in working condition is the arm points at the sky. Also, if she knows Aperture tech she might surmise that the mech itself isn't a piece of Aperture tech. Too many sharp angles, not many curves, then again that might just be the impact damage.

Was in space....not in space now.
    Last edited by The Bandicoot; 2012-01-21 at 02:45 AM.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Pixie in the Playground

Orc Camp

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Tent

She puts on her clothes. I can help you. Ill distract the guards. I can escape by myself.
    Good. Go. Jurren gets ready to dash to safety. Speed was now his best bet as the stupid human was still out of it, and he was the shadow-dancer. For a moment the smell of blood and the sight of it on his paw, matting the dark fur, distracts him but, no. He has no time for that now. Escape is the priority.
    Last edited by orb_of_blood; 2012-01-21 at 03:08 AM.
    Thank-you Ceika so much for my awesome avatar!

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Ogre in the Playground

Trent

Tge female flirts with the guards int'l Jarren escapes. Tgen she erins.

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Pixie in the Playground

Orc Camp

((Spelling please SN. It doesn't have to be perfect, but you misspelled the word 'the'!))

While the guards attention is elsewhere Jurren makes a break for it. He runs on all four paws, streaking across the camp as fast as he can.

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Ogre in the Playground

Orc Camp

(autocorrect is useless...)

Jarren is not seen.

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Pixie in the Playground

Hill - Plains

Jurren almost smacks into Niki, he's running so fast. He manages to screech to a halt, leaving long scratch marks in the dirt. It's done. Derrick still hasn't recovered, so Jurren decides he's in charge for a while.

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by orb_of_blood View Post
    Crash Site

Well, for now Drift is just thankful that she knows what she's doing, as he wouldn't have been very helpful at all. He tries to climb down after her, if only to ensure that he's not actually needed. What happened?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hipho View Post
    Crash Site

Katherine will find a nine foot tall mech with a spherical core roughly jammed in where a head or cockpit would be. One arm is missing and both legs have moderate damage.

It looks like the only thing in working condition is the arm points at the sky. Also, if she knows Aperture tech she might surmise that the mech itself isn't a piece of Aperture tech. Too many sharp angles, not many curves, then again that might just be the impact damage.

Was in space....not in space now.

[Crash Site]

Kate is not familiar with Aperture technology, unfortunately, nor has she ever heard of it. However, that's not the issue at the moment. She looks over the damage once more, and then takes a quick look around.

"Alright, I see what's wrong. The damage to the right arm is mostly superficial, and repairs are unnecessary. The left arm is gone, so I'll have to jury-rig one. The Legs are damaged, but all they really need are some new hinges, a steam valve, and maybe some structural support.

She turns to the elf.

I can start on the legs now. Would you go and fetch some strong pieces of metal from the crash? I'll need two rods about the length of a human arm, and some smaller pieces of plating for structure."

Opening her knapsack, Katherine reveals a pair of fairly small steam pumps, only a few cubic inches in size. Then, using a screwdriver, she'll bend a small nearby piece of metal, preferably something elastic, and wedge it into the pump before using a high-powered device, not dissimilar to a soldering iron, and using it to attach both ends of the pump and a hinge to the left leg. Finally, she attempts to wire it into whatever the leg would be normally powered by. Then she repeats the process with the other leg.

Now, grabbing a nearby domelike piece of steel, she uses more items from her personal bag of tricks to transform it into a functioning shoulder joint, before attempting to attach it to the point where the missing arm goes.

All of the godmoding actions are attempted, naturally, and happen over about the course of an hour. She doesn't take breaks when engrossed in something.

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by orb_of_blood View Post
    Hill - Plains

Jurren almost smacks into Niki, he's running so fast. He manages to screech to a halt, leaving long scratch marks in the dirt. It's done. Derrick still hasn't recovered, so Jurren decides he's in charge for a while.
    Niki sighs wearily, Where do wer go? ...thanks Jurren.

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Pixie in the Playground

Crash Site
    ((I think BladeofObliviom has this covered. Drift has to be elsewhere anyways.))

Drift does as is asked, dodging loose wires the entire time to avoid getting electrocuted. He then watches the woman work. But Drift is easily bored, and after only ten minutes he's impatiently stomping around. Machines. They break and someone fixes them. Someone else naturally. She appears to have this under control, so he doesn't feel at all guilty about leaving. He needs to find Sleet anyways. So he scurries back up the side of the crater (with some difficulty at the slippery dirt) and walks away, wondering what just happened. Great, now he's covered in mud, not the best way to meet Sleet at last...

Hill - Plains

We go back to town and figure out something from there. Jurren's impressed that she has learned to tell him and Derrick apart. That went about as painlessly as I could have hoped. Who was he anyways? Yes, great, you've told me he was evil, but that's about it...

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Ogre in the Playground

Plains
    He was a slaver.

(to BBD? Trogs?)

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

All actions Katherine attempts succeed. Drift returns with two lengths of pipe and some pieces of metal that look like they were part of a wall. That's all he could find in the crater. The core moves, disconnecting a wire it was connected to. Hey. Lady. Wha the core suddenly shuts off and the arm slowly moves down until its back in its original position(I.E flat, not pointed at the sky)
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Orc in the Playground

Forest Road

Thick trees loom over the old, worn cobblestone road that twists through the more wretched parts of the forest. The smell of death fills the chill air with its overpowering stench.
    Along the road walks Myestaa, a young forest Minosa wearing dark black robes that are trimmed with a scarlet red. He hair is black streaked with bright green that stands out against her pale, unblemished skin. Hanging from all parts of her are daggers and blades, yet none of them seem to be designed for combat, instead they all appear to be made for ceremonial or surgical purposes. Hanging on Myestaa's neck are several holy symbols, all representing different death deities. With each step she makes her hooves quietly clop and the blades jingle together. The air seems to be getting smokier as she progresses.

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Ogre in the Playground

[Forest Road]
    From behind her, a swirl of smoke coalesces into a grey-shrouded figure, spidery hands wrapped in faded black cloth.
    The wraith glides around to face the Minosa, matching her pace as it moves along the road about a yard in front of her.
    The trail behind is clear, mistress. None dare pursue you through this place.
    Its voice is a sleeper's breath mixed with autumn wind, dry and cold as old bones.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Orc in the Playground

Forest Road

Of course not! Who would be crazy enough to step into a den of rot such as this place, hm? No one! No villain dare follows in MY footsteps!

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Quinsar View Post
    Forest Road

Of course not! Who would be crazy enough to step into a den of rot such as this place, hm? No one! No villain dare follows in MY footsteps!
    Villains.
    ... Yes, of course, mistress.

The wraith is so sure those angry townsfolk from this morning were just hiding their black capes and top hats and evil cackles.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Orc in the Playground

Forest Road

They just don't understand the art.
    Now shhh! I sense death ahead.

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Ogre in the Playground

[Forest Road]
    The wraith drops back to glide along the road at its mistress's side, quiet for now.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Orc in the Playground

Forest Road

The group comes upon a carriage, crashed off the side of the road, it is partly on fire.

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Ogre in the Playground

[Forest Road]
    The wraith swoops ahead to observe.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Orc in the Playground

Forest Road

There is a dead family in and around the carriage, four people.
    They have been robbed of their valuables.

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Ogre in the Playground

[Forest Road]
    The wraith returns to report the scene.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1402
    Troll in the Playground

{Melody's Island}

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Reinholdt melts into a puddle of cat.

Or just hugs them back. He's a bit surprised it's time for bed already, but maybe they take naps or something. He knows he takes as many as he can get.

"You're welcome. It's always good to see you."
    They run off to bed.

Melody spreads her wings. So, where would be the best place to get a music box?

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Orc in the Playground

Forest Road

She thinks for a moment after listening.
    Looks like we have a crime to solve!

24. - Top - End - #1404
    Ogre in the Playground

[Forest Road]
    Oh.
    I see.
    I suppose we do.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Orc in the Playground

Forest Road

She grins and pulls a large surgical knife of a chain.
    Let's go!
    She moves for the scene!

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Orc in the Playground

Woses Wood

I don't have any people around. Somebody else might choose to introduce another character, though. Or he could use that stick; that might work. Unfortunately, this wood seems rabbit-less.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Ogre in the Playground

[Forest Road]
    The wraith follows her, smothering the fires.
    I'm sure nobody will come along and make assumptions about our attentions.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Orc in the Playground

Forest Road

Of course not!
    And she begins to line the four bodies up on the side of the road, grinning.

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Ogre in the Playground

[Forest Road]
    The wraith keeps watch for anyone who might come along.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Ogre in the Playground

Post compiling.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Field of Battle

Not gonna happen. For one reason or another, that whip seems capable of hurting Gordon, so Prometheus sees it as his job to buy the boss time to recover. In the blink of an eye he's moved to intercept, blocking the first strike with his shield and using the edge of his already damaged wing to deflect the second, possibly inflicting damage to both weapons. He doesn't fire at Ilphy though. Nope. He fires at the strand of webbing on which she swings, figuring that the shock will travel down the line and zap her, unless the spiderweb is somehow heavy resilient to electricity, aiming for where the web is rooted to the forcefield.

Normally it would be pretty difficult to multi-task like that, but the targeting computer in Prometheus's visor quickly lines up the shot for him, meaning he can keep his eye on the pestilent drow while simply aiming and shooting where the readout says.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    AMEN Battlefields

Magtok has no idea how thick Prometheus's armor is, or what it would be able to withstand. He decides against shooting the guy with his pistol right now, as it'd be far too risky, with only the most miniscule chance of anything good happening. The way Mag sees it, his teeny laser blast would either bounce off the armor, get absorbed by the armor, melt only a small fraction of the armor, or activate some sort of automatic defense system that might machine-gun the cyborg's face off.

Figuring Ilpholin can deal with that on her own right now, he instead seeks out the extra suit of armor that Prometheus and Gordon just casually dumped onto the battlefield earlier. The cyborg's curious as to whether the generator attached to the armor could be turned against the duo. I mean, if it magnetized Gordon to its surface and nearly killed the guy once before, it could do so again, right? It might be a trap; Prometheus could be waiting for Maggy to try something like that and then magnetize him to the generator's surface, but on the other hand, it might be the best plan ever. I don't think he could really live with himself if he passed on the best plan ever, after all.

"Come on, babe. Let's show your daddy what happens when he meddles in sciences beyond his lowly mortal comprehension."

Magtok tries to remove the generator from the armor as quickly as he can. As long as Prom and Gordon are busy with Ilpholin and not looking his way, he decides he has a wonderful window of opportunity, but that window could shatter to pieces at any moment, and he can't risk losing it before he finishes here.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    AMEN Battlefield

Gordon, happy that Prometheus is keeping Ilpholin busy, coughs up the poisoned blood, the rest of the poison is still in his systems. Now with that bit of business done, its time to make sure that there's not going to be a repeat. Gordon flies towards the fight in the air, and tries to grab Ilpholin in his large armored claws. If this works, Ilpholin is going to be hard pressed to move, either away from Gordon or to swing her whip to attack.

[The Glory Fields]

Ilpholin's magicbane, quite sharp, incredibly thin whip may cut into Prom's shield a bit when he blocks. I don't know. It's already been determined what happens when Prom's wing and whip meet, the two doing a good job of just instantly cutting through each other. Prom loses more of his wing and Ilpholin loses another third of her whip.

As for the webbing, Ilpholin has been shooting out webs, zipping up a bit, cutting, and shooting out new webs to change course a bit. Obviously, this is apparent, so I think it pretty clear that Prom would shoot as she makes a new one so as not to get a random cut and move on. But I also mention it because it is starting to get a little crowded up there if you know what I mean.

Shooting at the web for zappage is quite clever and I wish I had thought of it. All the same it required a fair bit of research to figure out the results cause I had no idea whatsoever. And thanks to Slii and one Bettye Smith from the University of California, I can safely conclude that spider web is pretty terrible at conducting electricity. This is largely because the primary ingredient in spider silk appears to be amino acid alanine, which is non-conductive. So Ilpholin feels a slightly painful shock, but it's probably the least damage she's taken in this fight. Shame. I really liked that idea too.

And now Gordon is closing in from another side for a grab. Both of her opponents are close. She'll probably never quite get another opportunity like this. She waits until Gordon is close before she goes to whip her whip quickly around in what appears to be a frenzy. Particularly hard on her wrist, since that's used more than the arm in proper whipping. I'm sure one day she'll get carpal tunnel syndrome or arthritis and be crippled from it.

Something that very, very few people know is that Ilpholin's whip is a bonded item. Quite the magical little artifact, tied to her in ways no Becky could ever hope for. Now when Ilpholin changed so drastically, it had a choice. Either be severed from her or adapt to her. It ended up adapting. But even certain adaptive tricks require energy from somewhere. That's where the wound on her back earlier came from. She was feeding the whip to return it to it's normal strength, preparing for an extension attack later as a surprise.

That however, won't be enough. Without build-up at all, when she spins the whip around, a line of blood forms across her forehead, down her cheeks, across her shoulders, down her arms, chest, legs, back. Wounds spread out across her that almost form perfect symmetry and connect in intricate ways. Like a web. Her whip grows.. twice it's size. Four times, five times, eight times, ten times, longer and longer and longer all in one fell motion, a single sweep, a massive cut of spinning, dancing proportions. A deadly whirlwind from a painful fetish weapon. If one were to examine a tangled string ball and remove the inside and replaced it with Ilpholin, it would look very similar to what is happening here. She is almost literally giving her all and it's making her more red than black.

This is a case of lashing out at everything. Her whip is the usual magic-bane cutting form, with black poison and electricity added. She wouldn't have used electricity, but a few very dangerous jolts recharged it enough recently. Sure it won't work against Gordon, but Prometheus is still there. And yes, she does expect parts of her whip to get cut off during this maneuver. Just a part of the necessary sacrifices.

But in a quick summary, Ilpholin is twirling her whip about in a flurry dance of a thousand lashs to attack Gordon, Prometheus, Gordon, Prom's wings, Gordon, Prom's shield, Gordon, Prom's shotgun, Gordon, and as a final unexpected twist in her wrist dance, Prom's grenades just hoping for the surprise slice element there. Oh and Gordon. He just doesn't have gear to hit like Prom does.

This is her big offensive, an ace up her sleeve. It's wild, it's quick, it's dangerous, and it's mad. If Gordon endures through this attack, he'll have caught Ilpholin in his claws as he had hoped. Otherwise, since her own web line gets unavoidably cut during this, she goes into a semi-controlled fall instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    {Melody's Island}

They run off to bed.

Melody spreads her wings. So, where would be the best place to get a music box?
    [Melody's Island]

"Ah, well I've heard about this new Mall that opened up. We can try there. Oh! I have something to show you too."

Rein pulls out an amulet he found a while ago and puts it on. Out of his back come magical butterfly wings! He gives a few flaps and gently lifts off the ground before landing again. They're quite pretty, in my opinion.

"What do you think?"
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-01-21 at 04:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.