New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXLIII

Nycca will head for the door, leading to the Random Places and Plots thread!
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

2. - Top - End - #662
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kallista will ride there, on Talina!
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

3. - Top - End - #663
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yuki is almost always ready to get lead anywhere, the only thing she owns in the world is her robe so she really doesn't need much time to get ready. Her nachos all finished she will happily follow Alysha to GLoG.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

4. - Top - End - #664
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Meli begins shaking her head, but stops abruptly. Internally debating the issue, the amnesiac chimera smiles and quickly replies.

"It would be good to talk about it, it is very confusing on my own. But I think I want to find a place to stay first."

Meli writes, looking around curiously, as if living quarters might suddenly appear in a crowded tavern. Noticing Louis' menu, Meli quickly continues.

"Sorry, I did not slow your meal on purpose. Is Trog's food good? It looks very strange and mysterious."
    "You didn't slow my meal at all. I was pretty much just looking to pass the time. The food here is... as good as you want it to be." That's not a terrible way to describe Trog's menu. He then turns his attention to Meli's housing problem. "Trog's rents rooms for a fee, but if that's not appealing you might ask your friend for a place to stay. I'd offer, but I don't actually live in the Nexus."

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

5. - Top - End - #665
    Orc in the Playground

Brian Finally manages to wake Landon from unconsciousness.

Brandon shakes the pain and wearyness from his heads. As the ettin stands, he begins to massage his temples in an attempt to assay the splitting headache Landon is suffering.

As the more unpleasant sensations fade, confusion takes their place in both heads

Hrm... if this rock doesn't belong to The Dreamer, then where did it come from? and where did my lute go?

What happened? I was casting a spell, then everything went dark and pain and...

The short ettin looks worried and confused. I wonder what happened to his lute?
    Custom avatar by me - based on my Half-Orc Eldritch Knight, Keth d'Lordran
    Spoiler
    Show

Tabletop RPGs
    Started with D&D 3.5, these days I mostly play 5E and occationally Call of C'thulu. Currently running two D&D 5E games over roll20

Magic: the Gathering
    Started with Return to Ravnica/Innistrad. I'll draft every once in a while but EDH is my favorite format by far.
    Decks: Lord Windgrace, Neyith of the Dire Hunt, Rielle the Everwise

Other Geeky Hobbies
    Ridley/Lucina main SSBU

6. - Top - End - #666
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Nycca will head for the door, leading to the Random Places and Plots thread!
    And Rhyan follows.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

7. - Top - End - #667
    Me.
    Guest in the Playground

smile Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXLIII

Quote Originally Posted by Chas the mage View Post
    "Elvish, eh?" he says, with a nod, "Haven't heard that in a while. And its all good, nothing serious happened." Then, when his scent if brought up, both Chas and Aether tense up slightly, and after a pause, he replies "I... uh... camp. in the woods - a lot. and I grow lots of plants in my home." he takes a large drag of his cigarette, "so I smell like plants."
    "Good, was afraid you might not know Elvish, but guessed it likely, so I figured why not give it a try? 'Tis a beautiful language in my opinion.And I'm glad, you seem to be a very chivalrous man."
    At the remark regarding the smell, Samantha smiles and gives a hearty chuckle, throwing back some of her auburn hair "I have camped many a time as well, and I too grow many herbs. In fact, potions happen to be my specialty, so don't think that little excuse fooled me. However, to each their own I suppose." She politely pushes the cigarette back to him, and says humbly "But I'm afraid I'll have to refuse your offer. Thanks for the thought though." She politely smiles again as she declines, and takes another sip of her fruity beverage.

8. - Top - End - #668
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    Kitty takes the offered hand without any hesitation. "Lead the way."
    'Victor' grins broadly, a dark echo of his doppleganger's signature smile, and leads Kitty upstairs.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

9. - Top - End - #669
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Me. View Post
    "Good, was afraid you might not know Elvish, but guessed it likely, so I figured why not give it a try? 'Tis a beautiful language in my opinion.And I'm glad, you seem to be a very chivalrous man."
    At the remark regarding the smell, Samantha smiles and gives a hearty chuckle, throwing back some of her auburn hair "I have camped many a time as well, and I too grow many herbs. In fact, potions happen to be my specialty, so don't think that little excuse fooled me. However, to each their own I suppose." She politely pushes the cigarette back to him, and says humbly "But I'm afraid I'll have to refuse your offer. Thanks for the thought though." She politely smiles again as she declines, and takes another sip of her fruity beverage.
    He snickers at the use of the word chivalrous, "I wouldn't go that far... I've cut ties with all my elvish heritage for years now; My homelands went to hell in a hand basket a ways back." As the conversation continues, he smirks at 'growing many herbs,' and then once the cigarette is refused, he puts it back in the pack - quoting the mandated warning label on the side "Quitting Smoking Now Greatly Reduces Serious Risks to Your Health." He shrugs "You're probably better off not being an addict anyways," he says.
    avvie by Sneak

10. - Top - End - #670
    Ogre in the Playground

Some not insignificant time later, Kitty makes her way down the stairs, this time without company. She has a distracted little smile on her face as she steps down the last stair and into the tavern proper. She pauses for a moment to run her fingers through her disheveled hair before wandering out the door.

11. - Top - End - #671
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    "You didn't slow my meal at all. I was pretty much just looking to pass the time. The food here is... as good as you want it to be." That's not a terrible way to describe Trog's menu. He then turns his attention to Meli's housing problem. "Trog's rents rooms for a fee, but if that's not appealing you might ask your friend for a place to stay. I'd offer, but I don't actually live in the Nexus."
    Meli looks immediately at the stairs to Trog's second floor, eyes bright with realisation. Writing an optimistic reply, Meli almost turns the notebook back just as quickly. Something dawning to the young Elf.

"It's of no problem, though I have no coin. There must be plenty work to find in the city."

Making sure that Louis has finished reading, Meli quickly writes another message. A very surprised look on the otherwise unworried face.

"Iiit's possible to leave Nexus?"
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

12. - Top - End - #672

Louis nods. "I hear it's normally impossible if you come here by accident, but apparently I'm one of the lucky ones. It's kind of weird and arbitrary too. If I fly backwards between two specific buildings, I wind up in the Nexus. And then I fly backwards where I came in and *Poof* I'm back home."

My Characters

13. - Top - End - #673
    Orc in the Playground

Two people walk in. They seem to be a couple, which is unusual. Not because one is male and one is female, but because the male seems to be an elf, and the female is an orc. They both wear red silk clothes; the elf's clothing consists of red silk trousers and a pair of bronze armbands, with a belt around his waist with a rapier dangling from it. The orc is wearing a red silk dress that ends above her immensely muscular knees and bronze armbands that match the elf's, and she has a double-headed axe at her belt. They look around and find a table to sit at; it's out of the way, but they aren't actively discouraging others to avoid them.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

14. - Top - End - #674
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Louis nods. "I hear it's normally impossible if you come here by accident, but apparently I'm one of the lucky ones. It's kind of weird and arbitrary too. If I fly backwards between two specific buildings, I wind up in the Nexus. And then I fly backwards where I came in and *Poof* I'm back home."
    Meli's face drops as Louis speaks, but the hope is still visible in the residentially challenged part-Elf's eye. Cheering up as the initial disappointment fades, Meli continues writing.

"I do not remember how I got here, maybe I could go back. It would be amazing to see where I came from."

Dreamily savouring the hope, Meli writes another message.

"Is it possible to visit other worlds?"
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

15. - Top - End - #675
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't know how it happened, but Nadas, the bookish drow in heavy robes, also arrives here after Sitar's Strings and puts his giant book pile down on a table, sitting with a sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

16. - Top - End - #676

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Meli's face drops as Louis speaks, but the hope is still visible in the residentially challenged part-Elf's eye. Cheering up as the initial disappointment fades, Meli continues writing.

"I do not remember how I got here, maybe I could go back. It would be amazing to see where I came from."

Dreamily savouring the hope, Meli writes another message.

"Is it possible to visit other worlds?"
    "I think so," Louis offers, trying to keep Meli's hope alive. "It'd take a lot of planning and reasearch, but anything is possible."

My Characters

17. - Top - End - #677
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Eyes, even the mechanical one, wide in awe, Meli excitedly writes on. Cheerfully displaying the notebook's message.

"Amazing! Maybe I could visit your world sometime. Even if I cannot find my own, there are so many worlds."
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

18. - Top - End - #678
    Orc in the Playground

The elf seems to stare at Nadas, but rather than have a hostile gaze, or one full of loathing and fear, he seems curious more than anything. The orc sitting at the table with him is far more interested in eating her steak. Should Nadas notice his stare, the elf will wave him over.

19. - Top - End - #679
    Ogre in the Playground

Nadas notices after a while. He points at himself. Presuming some nod or other affirmation. He'll grab his books and move them to a nearby table closer to the elf/orc couple.

"May I provide you with some assistance in a matter?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

20. - Top - End - #680
    Orc in the Playground

"I have not seen any drow before. Are your kind common here?" The elf is smiling, and seems good-tempered.
    "Kally, your phrasing is pretty poor. He means no offence; he's a bit thick sometimes." The orc goes back to eating after her remarks.

Now he's closer, Nadas may note that the elf's eyes are the colour of beaten bronze, whilst the orc's are a deep and vibrant red.

21. - Top - End - #681
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh hey. They're disguised dragons.
    Maybe.
    Or demon and angel.

"There are a fairly large quantity of drow here in the city, though I could not give you precise measurements. They may not be considered common however, depending on the numerical percentage used to define common amongst a population."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

22. - Top - End - #682
    Orc in the Playground

"Really? Huh. I'll have to keep an eye out, then. Um, they won't be hostile because I'm an elf, right? I hear a lot about how elves and drow don't get on. And I'm clearly an elf." Kally is starting to babble, and is insisting he's an elf a bit too much.
    "You speak like a scholar, sir. What's your primary area of interest?" The orc who hasn't said her name yet has finished eating.

23. - Top - End - #683
    Ogre in the Playground

"There's a high probability they will be." Nadas replies to the elf, not sugarcoating it at all.

"I study a variety of things, though my primary interests are magical theory, botany, linguistics, anthropology, archeology, geology..." He continues listing a few things. Might want to interrupt him.

Basically, if it's considered a dry science, with exception to magic perhaps, he studies it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

24. - Top - End - #684
    Orc in the Playground

"Well, I'll try not to hurt them. And I'll be sure not to let them hurt me." Kally is very confident, isn't he?
    "Magical theory? Does that give you any practical abilities? I'm a practical magician, myself, and so's Kally. By the way, my name is Maggie, this is Kally; what's your name?" Maggie the orc smiles. She's rather pretty, for an orc anyway.

25. - Top - End - #685

Louis gives that a moment of thought."That doesn't sound like a terrible idea. I'd have to work out some safety precautions, figure out if I can bring anybody through the portal but it'd be nice to show someone my world."

My Characters

26. - Top - End - #686
    Ogre in the Playground

'Orc'. Right...
    >>

"It provides me with useful tools in pertinent situations though I specialize in ritual magics more than other forms." Yay time and forethought.

"My nomenclature is Nadas Xar'cha. It's a pleasure to make both of your acquaintances." Nadas says, giving a deep bow.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

27. - Top - End - #687
    Orc in the Playground

It is possible! Her tusks are small and dainty, and she has a nice complexion. At best, she'd be a plain human, but that's still plain, rather than downright ugly.

"Oh, ritual magics? We're more general, but we don't know any magical rituals." Maggie sounds very interested.
    "I'm more... Defensive, but yes, I'm not a specialist either." Kally smiles, but isn't quite as interested in magic.
    Last edited by Earl of Purple; 2012-08-19 at 04:34 PM.

28. - Top - End - #688
    Ogre in the Playground

"I admit, I've been a bit unpracticed as of late. An unfortunate accident with my books and I've been studying an intriguing place called the Weald." Darn lava burning all his rituals.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

29. - Top - End - #689
    Orc in the Playground

"If we had fled with more of our hordes, perhaps we could have helped you. I had some fascinating tomes on magical theory copied onto stone slabs so I couldn't accidentally burn them, and they are hardly portable." Maggie seems rather sad about that.
    "We could still help, if you need bodyguards, or research assistants, or whatever. We won't charge too much." Because if they get greedy, nobody will employ them.

30. - Top - End - #690
    Ogre in the Playground

"Fled? From whom or what?" Nadas asks, now curious. It wouldn't do to hire outlaws and such.

Not that Nadas has much money to hire anyone really. I think Cessie was going to fund his expedition but that sort of fell by the wayside somewhere.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast