New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 44 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Random Superpowers

oh I got a new application for my three powers.

the steps:
    1. produce enough me's to form a corporation
    2. use illusion control to make everyone look different
    3. use the super-teamwork me and my duplicate plus my paint powers to become the best paint company in the world.
    4. make more duplicates of me to buy stocks in my own corporation.
    5. totally become rich. then use my duplicates to buy out other companies without anyone knowing, eventually controlling the entire worlds economy, and since I can always make a new duplicate, I'll be technically immortal. maybe.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #542
    Pixie in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I got... um... illusion awareness....

I would use my powers to ruin a magician's day.

If I got three of them, they would be:

Illusion awareness
    Amphibian mimicry
    Intangibility

So apart from destroying David Copperfield's carreer, I would also hide inside solid objects all day so that no one would witness my 15' long tongue or slimy amphibian skin.

I'm thinking I'm going to be an embittered super villain with these powers, but a petty one, stealing only what I need to survive while avoiding the public eye. Still, as my resentment grows at being shunned by society, who knows what darkness might take root in my soul?

Plus, for fun on weekend nights I'd jump from building to building with my toad legs.

3. - Top - End - #543
    Halfling in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Okay, powers...

1. Reanimation

2. Mental Manipulation

3. Poison Generation

This has to be one of the weirdest power sets I've ever seen and I did all of these at random (and is it weird that I can sort of see how they'd be tied together?)

I'm pretty sure I'd be hell bent on using these powers for good just to prove I friggin' could since two of these are pretty villainous powers and the other comes with a host of ethics issues (mental manipulation).

The Poison Manipulation and Reanimation would be awesome for medical and law enforcement purposes. Reanimation to have the deceased assist in the capture of their killers and speaking to spirits would allow me to give comfort and solace to their loved ones while the Poison Manipulation would let me remove poison and illness (hopefully while being immune to pathogens myself). The mental manipulation could theoretically be used in therapy to help unlock buried memories or uncovering the causes of other problems. I'd like to use that one in Law Enforcement to make people tell the truth but then there are those ethical issues again.
    Last edited by windweaver; 2011-07-23 at 06:45 PM.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Titan in the Playground

I got season control (by the way, whoever wrote that Deerling controls seasons has never actually played Pokémon), air manipulation and cosmic manipulation. Hm, I sense a theme here (I swear it was random). I'd probably abuse them, though I wouldn't actively use them to be evil, simply chaotic.

EDIT: Ah ha! I would use them for space travel and survival on other planets (and screw with the seasons on the planet of anyone who dared screw with me). Air manipulation is effectively telekinesis, so that would probably be used for simple things like fighting and creating shelter.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2011-07-22 at 05:28 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

5. - Top - End - #545
    Pixie in the Playground

Hehe, mine: Elemental Transmutation.
    Extra two were Duplication and Energy Blasts.
    Fun stuff, vigilanteism, here I come.
    Pessemistic embodiment of chaos of the Twin-Blade Illusionists: the Girard Draketooth Fanclub!

My homebrew: Book Sprites

6. - Top - End - #546
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Monster Mimicry
    Evolution
    Illusion Manipulation

This is actually a pretty decent set. I can transform into a monster and then evolve that form to upgrade it in various ways. I guess the Illusion Manipulation would just help increase the effect on enemies, I suppose.

Still a pretty great set.

7. - Top - End - #547
    Bugbear in the Playground

1. Omnipotence
    2. Destruction
    3. Portal creation

Okay, that's pretty much the jackpot. Omnipotence is pretty much the only one I need from them.

How would I use them? I would pretty much just live life making things far easier for myself.
    Last edited by Mekboy; 2011-08-26 at 06:36 AM.

8. - Top - End - #548
    Troll in the Playground

Shapeshifting?

I wanted time stoppage.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2011-08-26 at 06:40 AM.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

9. - Top - End - #549
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Shapeshifting?

I wanted time stoppage.
    If you don't think Shapeshifting is a good power play five minutes of Prototype and you will want the power for the rest of your life.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

10. - Top - End - #550
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Shapeshifting?

I wanted time stoppage.
    Remember, I got Double Jump. I'd call you a winner with your shapeshifting.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

11. - Top - End - #551
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    Remember, I got Double Jump. I'd call you a winner with your shapeshifting.
    And I got power negation in a world without any other supers.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

12. - Top - End - #552
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

I got ... Automatically Enhanced Ability Acquisition...

Okay, so now I have the ability to best even the top military snipers in the world in any competition, beat any world-class athlete at the Olympics, make Stephen Hawking look like a baboon in comparison...

*censored* that! I'm going to mimic Warren Buffett's business acumen and make a KILLING!
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

13. - Top - End - #553
    Orc in the Playground

http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Multi-Power

...what? So, my power is to be able to use two powers? But I don't have any other powers! Unless this is like one of those tables where if you get 100 you can roll 2 more times, in which case my other powers are: List of Methods of Flight (Which can be stretched into Flight, if you agree to it), and Radiation Manipulation

So, under the first interpretation, I'm useless, under the second interpretation, I'm pretty badass.

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Spikey Mace of Looking at All Sides of the Question
    Anyone who can tell me what my avatar is gets a cookie.

14. - Top - End - #554
    Barbarian in the Playground

First I got was Season Control.

A sub-set of weather control... so I can make it winter, but I can't force a snow day when I'm feeling crappy. Or keep it spring when I want it to be nice outside. Okay, I guess...

Then there is Ectoplasm Control and Stinger Protrusion for my next two powers. I'm a ghost bee that controls the seasons? Hark! Fear me flowers!

15. - Top - End - #555
    Dwarf in the Playground

I got the incredibly awesome power of Hibernation.

If we do the tree superpower thing I also get Healing and Mediumship.
    Now, I find it boring to describe what I would do with them separately, so instead I will combine them into one fun and balanced power.
    I am now able to heal people, but will fall into a coma in which my spirit leaves my body and can not enter it for a time dependent on the amount of healing I did. As I am disembodied I will be able to see the spirit world and communicate with its inhabitants. And then there is the thing that other spirits can enter my body while I am barred from it, but only if I don't stop them in my spirit form. After my forced waiting period I will be able to easily exorcise (under the condition that they are not especially powerful beings and that I am actually there) that I am there them and take back my place in my body.

...Yeah, that sounds like fun .
    Last edited by Rafinius; 2011-08-29 at 04:26 PM.

Current Status: Awake

Total War Factions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Co-GM of Imperial City.

Shards of War: The Caliphate of Ethiopa. Faithful inheritor of Kherans godly empire.

Broken City: Orc Uprising. Liberated Orcs that want to build a new life at the outskirts of Sav Altulas.

Voyage: Free Folk - Green Star. Your friendly neighbourhood anarchist pirate community.

[Defunct]
    Warhammer 40k: Gronarks Band. Kunning Blood Axe Warband.

GMT +2

16. - Top - End - #556
    Orc in the Playground

Dimensional Storage, which may also grant Summoning and Weapon Summoning.

The power to store objects/organisms in a "pocket dimension" and cause them to re-materialize at will.

The user can put items into a separate dimension for safe keeping, and can summon them back with relative ease. Some users have different methods of "Pocketing", some have holes or areas on their body that "suck" objects in. Some use a "Bag of Tricks" or "Magic satchel" to hold infinite amounts of objects inside. Wile other can mentally make a portal.
    Well, there would be the boring (but incredibly useful!) things such as using this power instead of a schoolbag and pockets.

Given the ability to summon weapons, in a combat situation, I would fight like Noctis Lucis Caelum (FFVersusXIII), calling and dismissing a variety of swords just for the heck of it. I might also spam throwing weapons or one-shot firearms .

I would also eliminate the need for CGI monsters if I can summon any one I want.

Some of my creature summons could be new friends!
    (also...Shiva. 'nuff said )

17. - Top - End - #557
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Add_new_power_here

I got..."Add new power here."

...ookay...

EDIT: Wait a second...

Gives the user the ability to create a new power and use it instead of this own.Not to confuse with Miming,as Miming only allow the user to mime another's abilities.Add new power here allows the user to create abilities,even though they're not seeing it at the moment,or have never seen it.
    That's actually awesome...
    Last edited by Elite_Lurker; 2011-09-02 at 03:50 PM.
    Running a Warlock in a 3.5 game. Because Warlocks are fun.

Dragons are officially awesome. All arguments against this are null and void.

FFRP characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #558
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

I got:
    Light Mimicry (apparently I can fly and move FTL. )
    List of all Superpowe....oh.
    Enchanted Artistry (I draw things and the happen)
    List of all S...HEY!
    Omnipotence.

I think I win.

19. - Top - End - #559
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Jumping Jack: The ability to jump as high as I want.

The Rabbit Hole: The ability to put your opponent in a spinning piledriver and then turn into a vortex to slam them. You could hold your opponent them upside down by the waist, then leap into the air in a sitting position with the opponent's head between your legs and set them up for a spinning piledriver, but once activated you'll glow & turn into a ball which dissolves into a vortex and slam the opponent head hard into the ground that causes massive damage.

Age Shifting: The ability to alter one's age at will

huh i don't know about the age shifting bu jumping jack and the rabit hole work great together.
    My Class is Artificer ... "I see the secret patterns of magic, and through the items I carry, I can use that magic to protect you, heal you... or make you explode."

20. - Top - End - #560
    Pixie in the Playground

I got "Omnipresence"
    Spoiler
    Show
    The divine ability to be everywhere in existence at once.

Then "Destruction"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Destruction is the immeasurably and limitlessly strong and powerful God-like universal power and ability to literally reduce and destroy anything, everything and everyone to total and utter nothingness, destruction, ruin and silence. This the complete opposing force of Creation itself . One with this unlimted ability can destroy entire cities, areas, countries, states, continents, worlds, dimensions, inter-dimensions, parallel worlds, solar systems, suns, stars, and even whole galaxies and universes. Some infinite, cosmic and immeasurably high-level possessors of this highly destructive ability and power can literally go beyond space-time itself, thus wiping out and destroying all that exists in the entire uinverse and way beyond.

And last "Creation"
    Spoiler
    Show
    The extremely powerful ability to create substance and matter from one’s mind. Not to be confused with Mental Projection or Animation.

Frankly, I thing this is an amazingly weird combo.

I would probably just be Everywhere at the same time. Then I would just continue to destroy, then recreate everything at the same...

21. - Top - End - #561
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

so i looked back at jumping jack and it only says i can jump as high as i want but what about how far??
    My Class is Artificer ... "I see the secret patterns of magic, and through the items I carry, I can use that magic to protect you, heal you... or make you explode."

22. - Top - End - #562
    Troll in the Playground

Reanimation as my first one, and then Afterimage Creation and Mechanical Intuition. So, basically, I'm the most helpful sidekick ever but I need someone else to provide me with raw material.

E: Blood, oil, skull, steel, it's all the same, whatever you've discarded will be your downfall!

Then I make my robot/zombie army look even bigger with afterimages.
    Last edited by OracleofWuffing; 2011-09-04 at 07:22 PM.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

23. - Top - End - #563
    Bugbear in the Playground

I got Angelic Mimicry.

Sounds sweet.

Also, Hypercognition. So I am super smart.

And Tracking Evasion. Now I can't be found! Ever...

Anyone need a super-smart, impossible-to-find, angel?
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

24. - Top - End - #564
    Halfling in the Playground

I got reality warping, scarlet witch all up in the house and what not.
    Avatar by thepsyker, cause he's awesome. And so are Minsc and Boo!

25. - Top - End - #565
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Manjix View Post
    I got "Omnipresence"
    Spoiler
    Show
    The divine ability to be everywhere in existence at once.

Then "Destruction"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Destruction is the immeasurably and limitlessly strong and powerful God-like universal power and ability to literally reduce and destroy anything, everything and everyone to total and utter nothingness, destruction, ruin and silence. This the complete opposing force of Creation itself . One with this unlimted ability can destroy entire cities, areas, countries, states, continents, worlds, dimensions, inter-dimensions, parallel worlds, solar systems, suns, stars, and even whole galaxies and universes. Some infinite, cosmic and immeasurably high-level possessors of this highly destructive ability and power can literally go beyond space-time itself, thus wiping out and destroying all that exists in the entire uinverse and way beyond.

And last "Creation"
    Spoiler
    Show
    The extremely powerful ability to create substance and matter from one’s mind. Not to be confused with Mental Projection or Animation.

Frankly, I thing this is an amazingly weird combo.

I would probably just be Everywhere at the same time. Then I would just continue to destroy, then recreate everything at the same...
    so..basically you are Time
    All hail Smutmulch for crafting my avatar!
    Cursed zombies are more realistic.
    Spoiler: siggatar and previous avatars.
    Show

the Badass Monkby Avi. Aktarus by Chd. Dehro by Wojiz

26. - Top - End - #566
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Time-Manipulation

Super-Speed

Chronolock:

I can move so fast I ignore Time itself!
    call me Dragon

I have left this site for a while. I probablt wont be coming back.

27. - Top - End - #567
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGirl

Skin Manipulation
    Danger Intuition
    Laser Emission

Wow. That is actually a pretty good combat-oriented set. Laser Emission gives me a nice long-range attack capable of piercing things (and if recent technology ideas are any indication, "things" would include battleships), Danger Intuition means that I'm always on even footing or better as far as surprise goes, and Skin Manipulation is minor shapeshifting with some tanking and regeneration capability. I like it, but it doesn't really fit me all that well, to be honest.

...that set could work very well for a villain, what with the 'sawing the lady love in half with a laser' thing that shows up very rarely and the not being surprised when the hero shows up thing.

28. - Top - End - #568
    Ettin in the Playground

1. Sound Mimicry
    Well, now I can sing (better). NICE!
    2. Stinger Projection.
    3. Techniques... (which ends up being able to use your powers in cooler ways that you wouldn't think of otherwise)
    Eh, sound mimicry is good enough for me. Now I don't need an ipod, since I memorize songs really easily.
    LGBTA+itP

29. - Top - End - #569
    Ogre in the Playground

1) Additional limbs

Taken by itself: I can give awesome hugs! Also, once I get it coordinated, I should be able to manage all sorts of complex tasks, which leads into:

2) "Techniques" (which I'm interpreting as "can apply other superpowers in highly specialised ways)

3) Replication

Now this is fun... let's say I started out with a weirdly altering anatomy and duplicating limbs, and then started being able to create entire duplicates of myself, which themselves also have the same powers. Properly weird, but definitely entertaining.

30. - Top - End - #570
    Ettin in the Playground

Haven't done this one in a while..

Life-Force Absorption
    ouchie... that's by definition an ugly one
    Yin & Yang Manipulation
    huh.. combined with the first one I'm starting to look like an epic level Judge Dredd
    Simian Mimicry
    not sure where to go from here...

basically, Judge Dredd..with 3 levels of punishment
    if you litter I'll make you feel guilty until you go pick it up..
    if you do something more serious I'll fling my poo at you
    and if you commit a capital crime, I'll snuff your life out with a kiss... or a whack with my tail, if you're a dude

alternatively, I could become a master criminal.. a trapeze artist by day, I'll guilt trip you into giving me all your stuff by night "...or else"
    Last edited by dehro; 2011-09-11 at 10:05 AM.
    All hail Smutmulch for crafting my avatar!
    Cursed zombies are more realistic.
    Spoiler: siggatar and previous avatars.
    Show

the Badass Monkby Avi. Aktarus by Chd. Dehro by Wojiz