New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf V: Werewolf DnD

Ink goes to the tavern since the walrus man has promised free drinks.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Dwarf in the Playground

Alec punches his fist in the air, and shouts his happiness into the air. He happily take Altharis up on his offer of a drink, before going back to his house with a spring in his step.
    "That's replacing the octopus in my nightmares!"
    "There's an octopus in your nightmares?"
    "Not any more!"

3. - Top - End - #243
    Dwarf in the Playground

*Has a big party, bakes cookies, parties almost all night long, has a great band planned.*

*Comes home completely Pisssshed!*
    Attack of the most awesome Ceikatar!!!!!

My stocks:OOTS 40, HNJO 88, GOLD 5.

What do you get when you cross Star Wars, Star Trek, OD&D, and percentile rolls, and jumble it up in a big pot of surrealism? This game right here.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Altharis' crown is beautiful in its simplicity, a symbol of understated elegance and a sign that this man is both aware of his power and his responsibilities; the sort of guy Spider-Man would like to have a drink with.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ugh. Did multiple days go by? I was in a coma or something. ((or unable to post. That one more likely. I keep going to bed instead of posting.))

Hey look, a dead wolf. Neat. I guess the village is slightly safer. Time to go get irresponsibly drunk for no particular reason just like every good villager after something good happens. ((no actual weight to that one, just failing to be funny. ugh.))

What should I do when I sober up? Probably go unconscious for a week. I hear it's a new tradition starting up. Hello random drunk person! did you formerly used to be Blood, or are you just so drunk you look like him? Nevermind, I'll just get drunk enough everything looks like a frilly pink elephant. The joy of lynching wolves!
    "Actually I don't know how to write a post, I just write essays and put them on forums"
    Spoiler
    Show

"We have a visual on the ninja, he appears to be... coding? *gurk*"
    Ninja 7/Rogue 7/Bard 1
    All above pictures are Ceikatars!

5. - Top - End - #245
    Bugbear in the Playground

Okay folks - I've been waffling back and forth on making this post for a few reasons - not the least of which is the fact that whenever someone tries to defend themselves in Werewolf, it seems almost inevitably they get lynched instead. But I feel the need to address a few issues vis a vis both my posts and Xire's interpretation of said posts, so I'm just going to have to take the chance.

I'd like to thank you, Xire for your heartfelt attempts to associate me with a wolf by some sort of blind-man's bluff. As you noted in your private message (the one I got when I got home from work and thus didn't even get to read until after the lynch for the night had already occured), I am new to the game - or more accurately, I am new to the net version of the game. I'm much more familair with the live version with about 10-20 people; wherein turns happen in quick succession so the events of work and life don't have a chance to drive things out of memory. I'm glad that your memory for such things is so very keen; I however, am not so fortunate; things that are insignificant to me (like the results of a vote held more than two days ago in which I wasn't even close to danger) don't linger in my mind well unless I'm forced to dwell on them. So yeah, when it was initially said that I'd been pointed to, I denied it - because I had no recollection of being accused _within the prior day_. Had I stopped long enough to consider the matter, I would have checked back to day 1, and then my initial reply would have been, obviously, substantially altered. Also, as Lucky pointed out, before the list edits, I was, in fact, #26 on the list, and as further pointed out, there is code on the boards designed to make cheating a die roll quite difficult; which weighs evidence once again on the theory of Tormskull having actually done this randomly as he stated.
    However, that is not the way things went down, and because of that, you seem to have become convinced that I am playing the role of one of the werewolves.

So yes, I took steps to defend my record that turned out to be incorrect due to my own faulty memory. I would like to hope otherwise, but if that is sufficent evidence for you to banner me up as a werewolf, then there is nothing I can do beyond presenting my case to stop that. Having done this now, I am going to leave the matter quiet unless someone asks pertinent questions that I can answer.

~ Helgraf
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
    I thought of that myself, but if you quote a die roll, if it was a real roll it will appear as [roll0] and not [1d50]26 or whatever. If you check my quote, you will see it is [roll0]. Or if you don't trust me, quote it yourself and it should say [roll0].

It's a good theory, but the board has ways of making sure you can't fake a die roll, seeing as many rolls would be faked.

Of course it's possible he coincidently rolled a wolf, but the odds are against it.
    I think you miss my point. If Tormsskull does a die roll, he has to submit the post to get the result. He then would need to go count down the list to find out he was pointing at, and THEN EDIT HIS POST! There was no edit. He can't get the number and enter the name that corresponds to that number IN THE SAME POST without editing it.

You may be right about the fact that it is difficult to fake a die roll. Let's try it myself (this may take a few practise runs/edits).

Here's a real roll: [1d50]
    EDIT: Second attempt: [roll]1d50[/roll]

Here's a fake: [1d50]13

=====

EDIT:

Ok, so the fake worked fine first time but I got the syntax for the real roll wrong. Also, lucky, how come when you quoted Tormsskull it came out as [roll0] but when I quoted your supposedly "real" die roll it came out exactly as you wrote it. There is something decidedly fishy going on here, and I am starting to have serious distrust for you. You are arguing very heavily to save Helgraf, who has been suspicious in my eyes, and now your arguments don't add up either.
    Last edited by Jontom Xire; 2007-01-13 at 02:21 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Damn Jontom and his twisting logic that make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

Evnafet's GitP WW archive is here.

7. - Top - End - #247

Right, here goes:

Real: [roll0]
    Fake: (1d50)[13]
    Spoiler
    Show

Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

8. - Top - End - #248

Quote Originally Posted by Jontom Xire View Post
    Right, here goes:

Real: [roll0]
    Fake: (1d50)[13]
    And now quoted. We'll see how this turns out. If they both say [roll0] then I'm absolutely 100% correct and Tormsskull faked his die roll.

======

EDIT:

Ok, so we have the following options:

1) Tormsskull did in fact, somehow that I cannot figure out, fake his die roll in a much better way than me so that when quoted it appears as [roll0].
    2)Tormsskull faked the die roll and Lucky altered Tormsskull's text when quoting it.
    3) Somehow that I can't figure out, Tormsskull did a real die roll AND managed to see the result before submitting his post so that he could then enter Helgraf's name.

Well I can test theory 2.

===

EDIT:EDIT:

Well I tested theory 2 and it looks like a real die roll (when I quoted Tormsskull's post myself it came out as [roll0]). So it looks like theory 1 or 3 is true.
    Last edited by Jontom Xire; 2007-01-13 at 02:59 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #249

*The fairy hovers about the corpse of the werewolf and hollers at LLink.*
    "This is a werewolf. You'll have to hit it with your sword a few times. Its really tough."

*The llama looks on frustrated.* "It's gonna take me a long time to fix the recorder and get out of here. We should try to help this village out with their werewolf problem. Damn it all that I don't have the silver arrow yet and the Master Sword isn't the right material. Let's get to sleep somewhere."
    *The fairy flies over Jontom*
    "This looks like some kind of demon. It seems civilized, though. Maybe its a lumberjack."
    "Gah! Navi! That's really rude. Let's go."
    *The llama and his "sidekick" head to the inn*
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jontom Xire View Post
    I think you miss my point. If Tormsskull does a die roll, he has to submit the post to get the result. He then would need to go count down the list to find out he was pointing at, and THEN EDIT HIS POST! There was no edit. He can't get the number and enter the name that corresponds to that number IN THE SAME POST without editing it.
    Actually, this is all just new things with the board software. If you edit within the first (5)? minutes after you post, it won't appear as an edit.

Ok, so the fake worked fine first time but I got the syntax for the real roll wrong. Also, lucky, how come when you quoted Tormsskull it came out as [roll0] but when I quoted your supposedly "real" die roll it came out exactly as you wrote it. There is something decidedly fishy going on here, and I am starting to have serious distrust for you. You are arguing very heavily to save Helgraf, who has been suspicious in my eyes, and now your arguments don't add up either.
    ... That's because I just wrote how I remembered a real roll to work, in order to show a 26. I didn't mean to imply that I actually rolled.

Honestly, why would I even bother faking that die roll? It makes no sense, the die rolled meant nothing. There was no point in tricking people into thinking I rolled.

I value a lot of your theories, don't get me wrong, you are a good player, but this just seems like your grasping for people to lynch someone that you tell them to. Perhaps the sign of a wolf?

Of course, this would required you to have sold out one of your own, but assuming people fall for it, it would have a clear upside in doing so. Remove you of any suspect, and insure that will not be lynched, taking you right to the end, where you could always lean on the fact that you found a wolf when in an argument in who to lynch.

I don't necessarily believe this myself, but you do seem quite desperate at the moment.
    Spoiler
    Show

Pirate Lucky by Ceika, Lady Luck by Ego, Lucky Luke by Captain Van Der Decken

11. - Top - End - #251

Actually, this is all just new things with the board software. If you edit within the first (5)? minutes after you post, it won't appear as an edit.
    Really? That would explain it then.

Thanks for the info.

===

EDIT:

Edited it as a test.

===

EDIT:EDIT:

Ok, tested and Lucky is right. So that makes my option 3 correct and Helgraf is off the hook as far as I'm concerned.

Lucky, I'm not desperate, but I'm a control-freak, super-logical, perfectionist. And I just wanted to entirely rule out my theory based on facts, not hearsay, that I proved to my own satisfaction.

So the theory why Tormsskull was a wolf is still valid from the point that he DIDN'T jump on the bandwagon, but Helgraf is off the hook in that he does in fact appear to have been randomly chosen, and Tormsskull wasn't just doing an El J.
    Last edited by Jontom Xire; 2007-01-13 at 05:03 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #252

Doing an El J? What's that?
    I WILL round this Cape, even if I have to keep sailing until doomsday!
    Engaged in A Spat with Jibar.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Decken by Ceika
    Spoiler
    Show
    Devil Lord-to-be and proud member of the Baatezu Lovers club!

13. - Top - End - #253

It's when you try to frame your own team to make yourself (or other undisclosed members of your team) look better overall and remove suspicion from yourself.

El J did it as a mason; Xire seemed to think Tormskull did it to detract attention from me as a possible werewolf ... I think.

It's nearly 6 am here and I should have been to sleep 3 hours ago, so I'm a touch foggy at the moment.
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Orc in the Playground

Day 3 Begins

As written by the wolves:

A truly gruesome scene greets the first villagers upon exiting their homes. The corpse of Jontom Xire has been propped up in the middle of the village square. One wold almost mistake the dead schemer as an early riser save for two things: the glossed over eyes which are still open and staring, and the wicked twist of his shoulder joints that seems macabre and unnatural. It seems both of Jontom Xire's arms have been twisted behind him severely and a missive clawed between the bloody stumps where his wings used to attach to his torso. "Thought we'd give his biggest fan easier access to his own back."

A search of Jontom's corpse reveals a Yin-Yang symbol tattoo.

Jontom Xire, a villager and the Monk, was killed by wolves.

Day 3 ends at 1:00 PM Monday. Be there or be square. Sorry, that was corny.
    The Chronicles of Jakwin A 3.5 D&D Campaign Setting.

avatar is a cool guy eh can bend air and doesn't afraid of anything

Don't say anything. I think my avatar might be the Avatar!

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Helgraf View Post
    It's when you try to frame your own team to make yourself (or other undisclosed members of your team) look better overall and remove suspicion from yourself.

El J did it as a mason; Xire seemed to think Tormskull did it to detract attention from me as a possible werewolf ... I think.

It's nearly 6 am here and I should have been to sleep 3 hours ago, so I'm a touch foggy at the moment.
    El J did no such thing to my knowledge. I was a mason last game. No framing was had. We did agree to sometimes point at one another to throw off suspicion. But to frame someone for your betterment is in no way "Pulling an El J". FYI.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

So thats why he was so concerned about wqhat the Monks advantages were...

Anyway, Krystal Tiger, as my prime suspect for now... A pointing finger goes your way. Due to your vehement defence of a known wolf.

*Points at Krystal Tiger*
    Last edited by Selrahc; 2007-01-13 at 01:48 PM.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Orc in the Playground

Blood walks out of his house with his daily cup of coffee and heads to the town square, wondering who will be dead today...

As he sees the mutilated corpse, he nearly drops his coffee in his rush to cover his eyes. "I'm so scared. I don't want to die!!" Blood peeks between his fingers at the crowd. "We have to stop those stupid wolves!" His finger rests on King of Griffins and Gralamin for a moment, but then switches over to Krystal Tiger. "You defended the wolves. We must kill them all, or die ourselves! Make a choice, citizens!"
    Yup.

18. - Top - End - #258

The whispy ghost of Jontom Xire wisps (as whispy ghosts are won't to do) through the village.

"I knew it", whispers the whispy ghost, "Such talent as mine was too good to be left alive".

/OOC. Now I just need to learn how to bring my skill to bear without a) bragging (although bragging usually refers to innacurate boasting, and let's face it, I rock), and b) becoming a target.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #259
    Dwarf in the Playground

((posting may be a little intermittant for the next few days))
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad

20. - Top - End - #260
    Pixie in the Playground

Church walks out. "Wow, I slept throught the day and the night? YES! We got a wolf! It's a Christmas Miracle!"
    Behold my Ceikatar! Spiffyness leaks out of it at every angle, forcing you to bow before it's superior majesty!
    Spoiler
    Show

Law? Who likes Law? Chaos is more fun!

21. - Top - End - #261

Decken's ghost appears. He doesn't look happy.

"Pie Cuthbert Domine,
    Dona eis requiem."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Decken by Ceika
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #262
    Orc in the Playground

*Ceika stepped out into the sunlight and stretched. Upon seeing Jontom's body displayed as it was, she closed her eyes momentarily, muttering a quick prayer for his passing.*

This is sick! We cannot allow this kind of thing to continue! Now they're just taunting us!

*With that, Ceika takes his body down to give a proper burial to a brother in the guard.*
    Still taking avatar requests! Visit my Portfolio!
    Feel free to send me a request. I'll get to it as soon as I can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Indurain
    Just...anytime you get hard on yourself, remember you're loved very much by a nudist and a quadraped

23. - Top - End - #263

Mal exits his house yawning, holding a cup, which is promptly fulled by his breakfast after he sees the scene...

Un..hoooooly CRAP!! i-gods-may...

he promtly covers his mouth and attempts to regain composture, on which he succedes, at least, for now...

...welll...pretty sick from their part to leave him with the eyes like that... ....
    ...i'm trying to look away...b-but i can't....some help? p-please?

Mal keeps staring at Xire's eyes, while sweating cold

((i think i've seen too much "grounded for life"... ))

Inner Circle

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy
    But I must say the Izzet bunch are as crazy as a rabid goat with a rat biting its tail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    *ahem* *picks up megaphone*
    Attention everyone! Mal absolutly rocks!

Mal, I name you Fangirlfreind. Whenever you are in aid, call and we shall answer.
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...alpromteal.png

24. - Top - End - #264

*Ahem*

*Points to Gnome Barbarian
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #265
    Pixie in the Playground

Church glances at Lucky. "Lucky? Why Gnome Barbarian? You haven't said anything for a while, and certainly nothing incrimiating him."

"Ah, now I see. Your arguement is persuasive. I believe that you are correct, and that Gnome Barbarian was not only too quick to vote, but also did support a known werewolf. Krystal didn't jump the gun like he did, and therefore has less suspicion from me, though it isn't gone." Points at Gnome Barbarian.
    Last edited by churchofbanjo; 2007-01-13 at 02:32 PM.
    Behold my Ceikatar! Spiffyness leaks out of it at every angle, forcing you to bow before it's superior majesty!
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #266

Quote Originally Posted by churchofbanjo View Post
    Church glances at Lucky. "Lucky? Why Gnome Barbarian? You haven't said anything for a while, and certainly nothing incrimiating him."
    Oh? Have I not?

On that note, I do have some suspicion towards Gnome Barbarian, he followed along with Krystal Tiger, refusing to vote for someone who was discovered as a wolf. Also, he was included on my list of people who could be wolves, which was about 12 long.

How did he act? He acted, instead of like he was on a list 12 people long, like I had specifically called him out. Now, what is one sign one person is wolf? They get highly defensive when someone points at them, he got defensive before anyone pointed at him. No one on that list was so offended.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #267

The ghosts stares at Ceika, thinking for a moment.

"Wait.. I was never buried! I demand a proper burial!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Decken by Ceika
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #268
    Pixie in the Playground

(Oh, sorry Lucky, didn't see thatr post. Note edit: Points at Gnome Barbarian)
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #269
    Orc in the Playground

*finishing up Jontom's Burial, Ceika rejoins the group.*

Good point, Church... What do you have agains Gnome Barbarian, Lucky?

*Tries to remember what all has happened (i.e., looks back through the thread)*

Then again, he did bandwagon against Gezina, come to think of it... and if memory serves, he also went after Jontom Xire as well... both of whom we now know to be villagers...

*Ceika carefully considers this information then points at gnome Barbarian*
    Still taking avatar requests! Visit my Portfolio!
    Feel free to send me a request. I'll get to it as soon as I can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Indurain
    Just...anytime you get hard on yourself, remember you're loved very much by a nudist and a quadraped

30. - Top - End - #270

You're reasonings seem sensible enough...

*Raldor points at Gnome Barbarian