New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Fel's House]

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Neverest looks between the people and the statue.
    "Nah, probably not."

"Oh! You must actually be Felandria. Unless it's that little guy there? Probably not."
    He looks adorable. And very fluffy.

"Honey brought me back here for the night after the, uhm, the- the Spooktober party. Was too far to Skulltown."
    Felandria nods.

Yeah, that’s me.

This is Reginald.

She gives him a scritch.

I hope you two had a good sleep.

I can make breakfast if you like.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

2. - Top - End - #482
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Home 24: A house in this market?

Nora's Suite

Fayyaad will recognize the high-rent apartment complex that the taxi takes the trio to. A doorman lets them in and Nora has to use her own personal keycard in the elevator to get to her floor. Her place takes up half of the entire floor and once the door is opened up both Gustav and Fayyaad will find that she has fairly good taste in decor. She has dark hardwood flooring, matching the furniture's with dark green upholstery. Nora saunters her way in, tosses her purse onto a hook next to her door and makes her way directly to a large liquor cabinet full of crystal bottles filled to the brim with dark amber liquids. She seems to take her alcohol seriously as she's even locked it with an electronic keypad. She covers it for a moment just to unlock it before opening it wide. Lights turn on, highlighting every precious bottle. "Gentlemen, a wonderful night awaits." She declares with a grin as she reaches back behind the bottles to drag out the single pitch-black bottle without a label.

Three tiny glasses are pulled with it and she pours each one delicately before holding one out for each of her guests. "Careful. It's 116 Proof and about a year old for every proof there is." She tells the pair. "Just, uh, ignore the outfit in the corner. Please." She asks.

Of course, now that she brings attention to it they'll find a mannequin wearing a fairly scandalous outfit made of white and blue ribbon, including a blindfold. It barely allowed for any sort of public decency.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Titan in the Playground

[Nora's Suite]

Fayyaad recognizes the place, but decides he can ask Nora if she's met Tina later. Nora is clearly only interested in men, but that hasn't stopped Tina before. The decor of this apartment is certainly different than Tina's, though. As he takes the glass, he glances over at Gustav, smiles slightly and tries to pull him close, wrapping his tail around his waist.

"If you say so, but I find it quite interesting."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Halfling in the Playground

[Nora's Suite]

Gustav takes his glass with a smile, then glances down as Fayyad's tail wraps around him. It seems the tiefling caught him by surprise with that little gesture. He was probably expecting Nora to be the one getting wrapped up in that tail.

...speaking of wrapped up, Gustav can't help but stare at the outfit for a bit as soon as Nora mentions it. It is very hard not to look at something when told so directly to ignore it. He turns back to raise an eyebrow at Nora, as with a little burst of magic, a long copper-scaled tail winds its way out past Fayyad's and snakes round to mimic the tiefling's gesture, trying to curl round his waist in turn. "It is quite the unusual outfit. I'm sure there's a fascinating story behind it." But while he talks to Nora, his eyes are on Fayyad, eager to see his reaction to suddenly being matched tail-for-tail.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Barbarian in the Playground

Fel's House

Hey screw you, I definitely remember trying to hit that. Violet says to Neverest, but her heart's not really in it. She'll finally notice Reginald and barge past Neverest to get to him. WHO IS THIS! Are you looking at this little idiot! She asks Fel in apparent disbelief. Come here you stupid fluffy moron. She has descended into baby talk immediately, reaching up towards Reginald to try and gently pick him and cradle him in her arms. She's probably just tall enough to get up to Fel's shoulder. If she can get her hands on him she'll slowly rock him in her arms and scritch his stomach while gentle cooing to him: Who's a big stupid idiot, huh? A big dumb idiot with the fluffiest fur in the world holy <frangipani>. Either way she'll refocus on Fel. Yes, food, good. She says.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

6. - Top - End - #486
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Fel's House]

"Yeah. Emphasis-is on 'trying'."
    Neverest totters over to pick up her gun and sling it over her shoulder.

"Hello Felandria. Hello Reginald."
    What sort of creature is that fluffy little fellow? He looks like he'd make a good coat.
    And very patient to put up with Violet's nonsense.

"Food would be nice, if it's something hot." Humans eat a lot of gross cold things. Giant humans probably the same way.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #487
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Lake Cabin - Private Party]

Fayyaad's eyes widen when magical bindings suddenly hold him down, but he adjusts to the situation quickly as Electra pounces him. As it's Cassandra's first time with a woman or more than one person, he'll let her and Electra set the pace and simply do his best to satisfy them both. When the curtain rises, it's much later and they're all presumably in bed by then. The tiefling is positioned between his friends, fairly exhausted.

Cass is a reasonably fit mercenary adventurer, but it's still safe to assume they had a little bit of a workout.

Still, the expression on her face is less one who's tired out, and one who looks to be out for some mischief.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Orc in the Playground

Fel’s House

Reginald is snuggling up in Violet’s arms, he can handle the insults if scritches are being given.

Felandria nods and looks towards the kitchen.

Biscuits and Gravy with some country fried steak?

Sound good?

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

9. - Top - End - #489

Fel's House

What! But I... It's slowly dawning on Violet that she did not convert last night. Maaaaan.

Reginald will certainly be getting tonnes of scritches. Yeah that sounds dope, hey, listen, we <farced> last night, right? Violet, Reginald does not need exposure to this sort of language at his young age. Right?
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

10. - Top - End - #490
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Ravanys' Place]

It isn't immediately after Zee leaves, but deliberately some time later, that a perfectly ordinary street urchin is handed some hold and a package, with instructions to deliver it to an address.
    It's Ravanys' warehouse, but the kid doesn't know that.

He's just been told to deliver a weird box to some probably weird people, courtesy a definitely weird lady.

So at some point, whenever it is probably inconvenient amidst the movie watching and gizmo tinkering, there will be a banging on whatever is most like a front-door on the warehouse.
    The kid is going to scamper away with his money pretty much immediately, but the package will remain.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

11. - Top - End - #491
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Fel's House]

"Steak is good."

I'm not sure she's ever had biscuits. It doesn't seem likely.

"Don't talk much, do you Reginald?" Neverest chuckles, going to pat the creature with a mitten-covered hand.
    Even when not buried in blankets, she's completely covered up by layers of jackets, sweaters, shawls, ponchos, scarves, masks, gloves, mittens, more scarves, etc.
    Nothing but eyes visible to prove she isn't actually a heap of winter clothing brought to life by holiday magic.
    Which I guess could still be true. No one's proven otherwise.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #492
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Fettina's Place]

Thankfully Fettina is pretty good at reading the language of the body. She just sighs. "This... whole look. The metal skin, and the wings. This isn't normal for me. I guess you could say I have a curse, but it's a pretty funny kind of curse. My lips feel like... a statue. I got nothing wet in me. I can't feel certain... things..." Tina lowers her gaze. "I guess I'm pretty boring if you were hoping to kiss and snuggle up. Any other night I would probably have tried to get you out of that dress already..." Fettina's mouth twitches to one side and she leers at Cantie a little, openly and amusedly.
    It takes a moment for Fettina's meaning to come across, but when it does, Cantata takes the meaning in with grave understanding. She allows a soft chuckle at the pianist's final remark, but the smile she gives is fleeting, a pang of empathy in her eyes. Letting her hand retract a little reluctantly, she types a response.
    I'm... sorry to hear that someone did this to you. I... I know what it's like, to lose a function so intrinsic to your identity. Cantata didn't mean to imply promiscuity here, and it hadn't occurred to her that her comment could be taken as such. To her, such base desires and urges are just a basic aspect of human nature. Why wouldn't they be part of everyone's identity in some way or another? If there's... If there's any way I could help?
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

13. - Top - End - #493

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Bob View Post
    [Ravanys' Place]

It isn't immediately after Zee leaves, but deliberately some time later, that a perfectly ordinary street urchin is handed some hold and a package, with instructions to deliver it to an address.
    It's Ravanys' warehouse, but the kid doesn't know that.

He's just been told to deliver a weird box to some probably weird people, courtesy a definitely weird lady.

So at some point, whenever it is probably inconvenient amidst the movie watching and gizmo tinkering, there will be a banging on whatever is most like a front-door on the warehouse.
    The kid is going to scamper away with his money pretty much immediately, but the package will remain.
    [Ravanys' Place]

A moment later, the door opens. Ravanys stands there, looking around a bit. She's wearing a black tank top and flannel pajama pants. Must have been taking a day off.

Not seeing anybody around, the tiefling finally looks down and notices the box.

Curious.

She'll pick it up and carefully look it over, checking for an address. Or label. Or something to identify it.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

14. - Top - End - #494
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Ravanys' Place]

It is a fairly boring, brown cardboard box around the size to contain a basketball.
    Lifting it up, it seems to be...really heavy. "What's in here, bricks?" heavy.

There is a simple white sticker label on the top, scribed with "To: Occupants" and shrouded in a cutesy red marker heart.
    Absentee Spirit

15. - Top - End - #495

[Ravanys' Place]

...Curious...

Ravanys turns her head a bit to her side, keeping the box in her vision.

Hey Hannah!? She calls inside.

Yeah?

You order a package?

Nope!

Hm...

This thing was getting heavy. Time to make a decision.

Curiosity gets the best of the tiefling, and she takes it inside, closing the door with her foot. She brings it just to the living room area, setting it on the coffee table there. By this point, Hannah has climbed up the stairs, curious as well.

What's that?

Ravanys shrugs, hesitant to open it yet. Not sure. Randomly showed up, after somebody beat on the door. No real label or anything.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

16. - Top - End - #496

[Ravanys' Place]

Sardus is creeping up the stairs shortly behind Hannah.

At her insistence they had been watching Ghost Busters.

Apparently there are many classics which anyone living in this household should be aware of, and thus one of Sardus' very important duties is familiarizing himself with old movies.

They had just gotten to the part where the ghost busters were confronting Gozor!

Sardus was pretty sure that Gozor must be some kind of terrible faerie since angels don't want to destroy the world and faeries usually mascaraed as gods since they're beings of belief and emotions instead of real things that make sense. Hannah told him that she had no idea and maybe Gozor was a grumpy Old One? Sardus wasn't sure what that was, but then Ravanys started yelling and Hannah paused the movie and he followed her up to the living room and now here he is!

He sniffs experimentally in the box' general direction.

"Is it a gift? Who's it for?" he asks curiously.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

17. - Top - End - #497
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Ravanys' Place]

The box is placed upon the table with a bit of a fwump.

Sardus will probably be able to note that the box smells a familiar sort of unpleasant. Not deeply, but...that foul odor does seem to be present in some small quantity.
    Like the lingering odor of rot, from a long gone corpse.
    Absentee Spirit

18. - Top - End - #498

[Ravanys' Place]

Hannah shrugs to Sardus. No idea yet.

Ravanys thinks for a moment. This could be something innocent. But the timing was off. All of this trouble with the fairies, and whatever that bug thing was, and then suddenly there's a mystery package at her door? No. Something was wrong here.

Question was, what?

Hey, Hannah. See if you got something that can look inside this. I don't think we should open it yet.

Hannah doesn't seem to think there's anything bad here, but she shrugs a bit and complies, heading back down the stairs to grab a scanner. It's a basic one that'll pick up on any high energy levels.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

19. - Top - End - #499

[Ravanys' Place]

Sardus bristles at the scent.

And not just the scent, the feel.

His mother's magical senses, and thus his, are more like the lateral line of a shark than anything else. They feel currents, changes in energy flow, flux. Sources of power as they move through the world, or as the world moves around them.

But most people aren't familiar with that kind of sensory input so Zee just calls it 'smell'.

"There's something bad in there," Sardus warns. "Or something bad was touching it."

He's not totally sure which.

Maybe both?

Awful things come in the 'both' category all the time.

20. - Top - End - #500

[Ravanys' Place]

Ravanys raises an eyebrow at Sardus' comment. Yeah?

Hannah frowns at her scanner a bit. Hm. You sure? This isn't showing anything.

The tiefling turns her attention to Hannah. Zee left him here for stuff like this. I'm gonna go with his knowledge.

I think it's just a random box, and you guys are worrying for nothing.

Really only one way to prove that.

Before Ravanys can stop her, Hannah goes for the box and pries it open.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

21. - Top - End - #501
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Ravanys' Place]

The box is opened!
    And reveals a bundled up black garbage bag, which itself seems to be wrapped tightly in what looks like transparent shrink wrap.

If prodded, it is slightly squishy.

Nothing else happens.
    Last edited by Chaotic Bob; 2019-01-05 at 01:26 AM.
    Absentee Spirit

22. - Top - End - #502

[Ravanys' Place]

Well.

At least it didn't explode, right?

Sardus is quite quickly up on his hind legs to peer into the box.

Whatever it is? It's bad.

He's sure of it.

"It's got that squirmy rainbow stuff in it, but only a little bit?" Sardus warns. "I should burn it."

Unless he's told no (after all, Ravanys and Hannah are in charge) that's probably what he's going to be doing here pretty quick. One way or the other, he'll reach into the box with his little wing-claws and pull the whatever it is out. Then he'll turn his back to Ravanys and Hannah and rip the packaging open!

He's kind of curious about what's inside, too. And burning plastic, especially in doors, is bad for people.

And if it blows up?

Well.

His body will shield them from the blast at least a little bit. And he's made of pretty stern stuff.

23. - Top - End - #503

[Ravanys' Place]

Ravanys and Hannah both hesitate a moment, not sure how to react to the box not doing anything.

Well...that was anticlimactic...

Ravanys nods a bit. Yeah. And burning it might be a good idea. Do it outside, though. Don't want it to explode and destroy stuff in here, after all.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

24. - Top - End - #504
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Ravanys' Place]

The bag is cut open! And inside...

It is full of human hearts. Only vaguely fresh ones, judging by the stink roiling out from the no-longer-sealed packaging.
    After being opened, a small shadow seems to pass over the area Sardus occupies, before it drives itself down into the hearts.

Whereupon they will all start beating, touched by some remote necromancy.
    Thump thump. Thump thump. Thump thump.
    Absentee Spirit

25. - Top - End - #505

NinjaGuy

Electra is on Fayyaad's other side, tracing lines up and down his chest with her finger. Her expression is one of amusement and satisfaction, though a bit of Cass' mischief is reflected in her own eyes.

"Ready for round two?"
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

26. - Top - End - #506
    Titan in the Playground

"You know I'm always ready," Fayyaad says, though his bluster might not be entirely convincing to the two. "But being in the clutches of two gorgeous women will wear anyone down. And... maybe someone else could be bound this time."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

27. - Top - End - #507

[Ravanys' Place]

Upon seeing the hearts, Hannah and Ravanys have different reactions.

Hannah immediately makes a disgusted face. Oh gods... And when they start moving? Hannah gags a little. And immediately heads for the bathroom. Hurling noises can be heard from there.

Ravanys, on the other hand, narrows her eye, her expression becoming hard and serious. She had seen a lot of death and violence before, so a pile of hearts didn't bother her as much. But seeing them reanimated like that? That was more disturbing than usual.

She lets out a breath through her nose, turning her attention to Hannah's noises.

Sardus. Can you get rid of those?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

28. - Top - End - #508

[Ravanys' Place]

Sardus doesn't have to get told twice.

With the box of hearts in his weird little wing-claws, he'll start moving toward the back door at a pretty impressive clip.

Assuming something doesn't happen between the living room and the yard, Sardus is going to be torching the whole box of things.

We'll see how this goes for everyone shortly, no doubt.

29. - Top - End - #509
    Ogre in the Playground

Nora's Suite

"Well, I suppose I kinda...walked...into that one."
    Nora says, her eyes glancing down at the tail hugging the two close. She gives a visible shudder, her imagination running absolutely wild as she passes over the alcohol. "I'm a white mage of the third circle. Probably doesn't mean much out of context, but it means I'm a very competent healer. That...outfit was given to me upon reaching the Third Circle, and it enhances what I can do. I can't help but wonder if a pervert designed it though." She admits. Of course she's being entirely hypocritical when it comes to perverts it seems, but she won't comment on that just yet. "As such, I don't care to wear it too often even if it comes with major mojo attached to it. It wasn't the only thing I got though." She says with a proud smirk.

She takes a sip of her drink finally, closing her eyes and savoring it before letting out a long breath. "...okay, we're going to have to work hard tonight to beat this." Nora admits, lifting up her tiny glass before setting it aside. As soon as her hands are free, she removes her top as she faces the pair, but instead of sauntering and swaying, she lets them have a moment to enjoy her booze as she shows off a long white-rose vine that crawls up from her left hip, along her abdomen, and up over her heart and shoulder. "If you ever meet another guy or gal with this sort of tattoo, they're a member of the Circles. White rose for healing, black rose for destruction magic. Four parts to the tattoo. I've yet to get to the Inner Circle, but that'd mean politics. Dunno if that'd be fun." She explains, stepping over to a record player to turn on some smooth jazz.

"Not as fun as tonight's gonna be anyway."
    She says, picking up her drink once more and stepping over to deliver each of her visitors a lingering, caramel-sweet kiss.

30. - Top - End - #510
    Titan in the Playground

[Nora's Suite]

Fayyaad looks down at the tail wrapping itself around him and grins. This evening is just looking better and better. Then his attention is pulled away by Nora. It's safe to say his eyes are focused on other parts of her than the tattoo, though.

"I'm fine with working long and hard tonight," he says, before Nora kisses him. He wraps his arm around her to keep her close, and once she pulls away, he turns to Gustav and kisses him deeply as well.