New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [FwM] Recruitment/OOC/Character Thread

Another flavor villain/doomsday weapon. The only known example is destroyed though, but I thought it would fit in with this world nicely.

Name: 'Yami'
    Title: Emperor of Everlasting Darkness, Ruler of Eternal Night, Lord of Endless Shadows, King of Immortal Gloom, Monarch of the Lightless Umbra, Empty Death, Void of Despair, Harbinger of the Great Eclipse, The Dark Moon, The Black Sun, Horror From Beyond The Stars, The Un-Pony Device
    Race: Mechanical Doomsday Weapon
    Appearance: An orb black as night with nightmarish glowing lines upon its surface.
    Skills: The weapons housed within the device are as numerous as they are potent, and it can shape itself into an undetermined number of battle capable forms. Its most terrifying ability however is what can only be called 'Weaponized Despair'. It sucks out all the talent, vibrancy, and light from its targets and plunges them into a state of helplessness and hopelessness. This ability is all that most of its victims ever experience.
    Biography: A long time ago, a group of space ponies was fleeing a 'Great Darkness' and boarded a ship that would take them far from their former planet and the threat the 'Great Darkness' posed. However, they would soon learn that the 'Great Darkness' had somehow managed to enter their own ship ahead of them. Trapped inside, and unable to escape without unleashing the 'Great Darkness' on their ship, they elected to crash it into a mountain lake and use the last of their power to freeze the ship there for all time. By the time any inhabitants discovered the ship, which they would call the Ark of Yamato, it had been frozen in the lake for an unknown period of time. The ship remained in that frozen lake in the frozen northern reaches of Equestria, never thawing once for over five hundred years before a band of adventurers known as the Starlight Six unwittingly freed it on the day of the solar eclipse about a year ago, fulfilling an ancient prophecy. They battled the horror atop the alien ship underneath the dark of the eclipse and defeated it by breaking its hold of darkness and unleashing the light of the sun upon it.
    Personality: As a machine, it has no personality.
    Relationships: The only relationships it recognizes are 'targets' and 'threats'.
    Cutie Mark: N/A
    Last edited by Crisis21; 2011-07-26 at 11:36 PM.
    Wind & Sound Elemental Eric Greenhilt avatar by Akrim.elf
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    Ninja-Pirate of BvS's Privateer village! Come and join me!
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Name: Fox Trot

Appearance: Essentially the same in the pony-lite RP, tall, dark and handsome but with a perpetual smirk on his face. Still an earth pony.

Skills: He's rather quick and only has few peers who can match him in reflexive actions. He has made dodging an art form. He is very perceptive and reads body language very well, which he is always doing, a sort of perpetual effect. Combat wise, he's a fragile speedster. While he can do massive damage with a few precise strikes at weak points and sneak attacks, he's not that good at tank-style combat. His possesses a variety of skills that came from his special agent training.

Biography: Once upon a time, as a young stallion, he had it all. He was a star in Broadmane. Bits, mares, fame, he was on top of the world, he was living his dream of doing the thing he loved, dancing. But as quickly as he gained his stardom, scandal broke out. Or at least fabricated scandal broke out. It was enough to strip him of his dream forever. He swore vengeance on those who took this away from him, swearing to track them down and dish out his justice. Rumors of them being Celestia supporters were what drove him to find his means of trying to find them.

It was through sheer luck and connections that he was given a chance to work as a LFBI agent. (Lunar Federal Bureau Investigations). This was indeed an odd career change, and one that he should not have gotten so easily. But he found himself with the skills that for some reason just came so easily to him. Most of his work involved counterintelligence efforts. Spy work as it were. Which was odd that he would be promoted so quickly to such sort of work. Within a few years he had crawled up the ladder...so quickly.

Personality: Once upon a time he was but a sweet foal who wanted nothing more but to dance and be a star, but his father had other plans for him. On occasion he can be rather sweet and affable when he feels like it. He's an amiable guy, because he wants you to think he's as such. His true persona is an smug, narcissistic jerk who really can't care for anypony else if he can't use them to achieve his goals. He has a low opinion on mares and sees them as nothing more than, well whores as his father told him. To use and throw away like tissues his father told him. He's a smug snake with a high opinion of himself who can be frightfully charming. He has become a twisted far cry from what he once was.

He's also not as smart and collected as he likes to portray himself 24/7, he's prone to acts of general foolishness as well, more so since Icy entered his life.

Lately, he began to develop genuine romantic feelings for a certain mare.

Relationships: Most of those he befriended in the pony-lite roleplay.

Icy- Fox, to put it, has fallen for the ice queen. It bothers him that he cares for a mare so much. As much as he tries to put logic to why, he cannot truly understand how this mare has such a hold over him. It frightens him a bit that he knows he would lay down his life for her. Very slowly and somewhat subtly he has been trying to change his ways, he does wish himself to see her as nothing more but a conquest.

Esmeralda- To him, she was nothing more but the very whores his father spoke of and one of those easy lays. She reminds him too much of the pony he does not want to be. At the same time he dislikes her and yet can't help but see a similar messed up creature. She annoys him but he couldn't wish ill on her either.

Lone Star- He claims to not care for this heathen as he calls him. He's convinced he hates him and that he does not see him as a proper rival either for Icy's affections. He considers Lone Star beneath him, and yet at the same time that he wishes much ill-will against him...he...Well, it quite hard to explain it.

Cutie Mark: Comedy/Tragedy Masks
    Last edited by Benson; 2011-10-13 at 05:30 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak586 View Post
    Zach then relaxed in his chair. There was no possible way for someone to find the hideout.
    "Hey look! The resistance hideout!"
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Somepony is going to find out eventually. Rather soon if Zach walks back into Smoothie's room.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Barbarian in the Playground

Celestia's Resistance:

Now with Portal Guns.

You known you've wanted one.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

I thought we were supposed to be at Steampunk levels of technology (at most DieselPunk)....not this...Portal Gun level of tech.....gah..
    Last edited by Benson; 2011-05-24 at 04:37 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    I thought we were supposed to be at Steampunk levels of technology (at most DieselPunk)....not this...Portal Gun level of tech.....gah...

Yeah, I kind of have to agree with Benson on this. That seems a lot more advanced than what we're going for.

Also, if Soft does find out what the end goal of the resistance is, the closest resistance member is in for a lecture.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

I thought we were supposed to be at Steampunk levels of technology (at most DieselPunk)....not this...Portal Gun level of tech.....gah..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    Yeah, I kind of have to agree with Benson on this. That seems a lot more advanced than what we're going for.

Also, if Soft does find out what the end goal of the resistance is, the closest resistance member is in for a lecture.
    Magic.

Extended Sig

9. - Top - End - #39

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Magic.
    Remember, there are aliens who can pass as regular ponies from more technology advanced cultures.
    Busy with Life

10. - Top - End - #40

I thought we were supposed to be at Steampunk levels of technology (at most DieselPunk)....not this...Portal Gun level of tech.....gah...

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ........................
    There is alien technology lying around in various spots for anypony who can make it work. I'd assume that the portal gun is one of these.

These devices are, however, extremely rare. Having even one is a feat in and of itself whether it works or not.

Fun plot twist fodder: Don't assume your character knows every function of an alien-tech based device, much less the details of its inner workings or the forces it harnesses.

Also, @Mindfreak586, I take it that the plot to merge the two princesses may end up a story arc in the future?
    Last edited by Crisis21; 2011-05-24 at 04:45 PM.
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Magic.
    Ah okay.

Don't try and get in Smoothie's room with that.

12. - Top - End - #42

Quote Originally Posted by Crisis21 View Post
    Also, @Mindfreak586, I take it that the plot to merge the two princesses may end up a story arc in the future?
    Yup, just churning out the first story arc.

And Zach hasn't really been testing the gun. So who knows what might happen when he tried to use it.

And one of the Brilliant scientists is an alien in Disguise

DUN DUN DUN!
    Busy with Life

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Yup, just churning out the first story arc.
    Both Soft and Smoothie would be adamantly opposed to the idea of merging them. You're going to have to make sure they don't find out.

14. - Top - End - #44

Both Soft and Smoothie would be adamantly opposed to the idea of merging them. You're going to have to make sure they don't find out.
    A rather large number of ponies would be opposed to this idea, I'm sure. Roy and Eric included.

---------------------------------------------

Name: Xykon
    Race: Pony Lich
    Appearance: A skeletal pony who wears a small crown and a red cape.

Skills: While it is unknown if he was ever actually a unicorn, Xykon clearly has access to a wide range of magics, including dark unholy magics that are forbidden to practice by order of both Luna and Celestia.
    Biography: Xykon has always been an evil little piece of manure. Even those few who dealt with him prior to his willing transformation into an undead abomination had nothing good to say about him.

He plotted a way to access Celestia's prison and draw out the corruption and power that made her into the 'Iron Hoof' (and kill her in the process) and use it to conquer Equestria. He nearly succeeded too.

He and his army of enslaved Desert Ponies and animated pony corpses were eventually defeated by a band known as the Order of the Stick, led by Roy of clan Greenhilt. Xykon was completely destroyed with no chance to ever reconstruct himself, but it cost the lives of two of the Order to do so.
    Personality: Xykon loves exactly two things. Power, and watching other ponies suffer.
    Relationships: Xykon pretty much has only two types of relationships worth noting. Enemies and victims.
    Cutie Mark: None, as he was a skeleton.
    Last edited by Crisis21; 2011-05-25 at 03:11 PM.
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

A rather large number of ponies would be opposed to this idea, I'm sure. Roy and Eric included.
    Just out of sheer curiosity, what's your reason?

Mine is that merging the two is in essence, killing both of them in order to create a being which they aren't even sure would be benevolent, and if it isn't, we are completely screwed.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2011-05-24 at 05:04 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Just out of sheer curiosity, what's your reason?

Mine is that merging the two is in essence, killing both of them in order to create a being which they aren't even sure would be benevolent, and if it isn't, we are completely screwed.
    Mine would be that, at best, they would create a pony with a split personality to lead. And split personalities aren't known for their consistency and/or stability

Extended Sig

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

There is alien technology lying around in various spots for anypony who can make it work. I'd assume that the portal gun is one of these.

These devices are, however, extremely rare. Having even one is a feat in and of itself whether it works or not.

Fun plot twist fodder: Don't assume your character knows every function of an alien-tech based device, much less the details of its inner workings or the forces it harnesses.
    I just find it in bad taste that its being introduced so early and apparently readily available right off the bat.

That means that I can just decide to say "Oh hai, btw Fox Trot found a ray gun that shoots ponies with beams that makes them tell the truth, two weeks ago, and knows how to use it real well already, k?" That's the assumption I'm seeing in the RP regardless despite what you just put up that post.

Pero, que sera, que sera, then.

18. - Top - End - #48

Mine would be that, at best, they would create a pony with a split personality to lead. And split personalities aren't known for their consistency and/or stability
    Pretty much this. Eric might have even seen this done (magically) to someponies before and watched them nearly go insane from it. He'd be terrified of the prospect of somepony merging Luna and Celestia like that.

I just find it in bad taste that its being introduced so early and apparently readily available right off the bat.

That means that I can just decide to say "Oh hai, btw Fox Trot found a ray gun that shoots ponies with beams that makes them tell the truth, two weeks ago, and knows how to use it real well already, k?" That's the assumption I'm seeing in the RP regardless despite what you just put up that post.

Pero, que sera, que sera, then.
    I'm surprised to see it this early myself, but it's not my character or plot.

When I said 'lying around' it was along the lines of 'what the heck is this thing?' plot or a convenient excuse if anyone wanted to include computers as they would be a tech that ponies could more readily recreate and make available to other ponies. However, I can't rightly call 'foul' when someone has a different interpretation.

If Mindfreak586 really wants to start introducing stuff like that this early, I'm not going to tell him 'no' without a really good plot-related reason.
    Last edited by Crisis21; 2011-05-24 at 05:27 PM.
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

19. - Top - End - #49

If Mindfreak586 really wants to start introducing stuff like that this early, I'm not going to tell him 'no' without a really good plot-related reason.
    The resistance isn't so ready to use it. It still has a 75% chance to explode when use. Only Hedgesworth is willing to take that risk.
    Busy with Life

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

The resistance isn't so ready to use it. It still has a 75% chance to explode when use. Only Hedgesworth is willing to take that risk.
    I wrote what I hadtyped when it said 2% earlier at the time, but if you're willing to provide a balance, then fine.

21. - Top - End - #51

I wrote what I hadtyped when it said 2% earlier at the time, but if you're willing to provide a balance, then fine.
    Yeah, I changed it for balance. They probably won't use it till much later. Probably waiting to use it until they can use it for their final goal.
    Busy with Life

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

Assume Icy was there all the while. That said I'm probably playing a much more violent version of Icy.

23. - Top - End - #53

Name: Eric
    Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show

Orange unicorn pony with short black mane and tail. Has a keytar cutie mark and black eyes. Like to flirt with the ladies.

Skills:

Eric is a Bard, and while he is quite competent with his rapier, and has an eclectic array of spells at his command, his true might lies in the use of music. He is a master of manipulating emotions through song and sound, and that's before any supernatural effects come into play.

Every so often, Eric shows an ability to affect the world around him in a more substantial way through his music. He hasn't offered any explanation as to the nature of this ability, but most ponies would assume that he's using his music as a medium to cast spells. Such an explanation.... is not quite accurate.

Eric currently has a headset that allows him to project his music, and its effects, across a large area.

Biography: Eric is a happy-go-lucky kind of guy. He cruises through life in search of the next interesting thing and rarely stays at any one task for very long. Despite this, he's very intelligent and can follow conversation that goes over other ponies' heads. He likes to think of himself as very dashing and a ladies pony.
    Underneath Eric's goofy and flirtatious exterior is a veteran, though not quite famous, adventurer and combatant. He does a variety of high-level exercises every day to keep himself fit in addition to the normal Guard training.
    Eric is a former member of the now disbanded Starlight Six, but few ponies would believe him if he told them so as he doesn't really seem like a near legendary hero just by looking at him. Eric considers this a novel way of remaining anonymous.
    Eric has a fair deal of pain in his past, most of which he, understandably, blames upon his deceased father. Among other things, Eric had to run away from home to attend his dream school, the Manehattan Academy of the Arts. He was also estranged from his older brother, Roy, for a time, but the two have reconciled and neither seem to hold anything against the other.

Personality: Very laid back and cheerful. Flirtatious, but also dependable and kind. Will not hesitate to help a friend in need.

Eric works best outside the box, which tends to give numerous straight-laced ponies that he works with headaches. About the only reason that he continues to get away with it is that he produces results. Oddly enough, he works almost seemlessly with his older brother in combat despite the fact that their personalities and styles are very different.

Relationships:

Acquaintances: Every pony he's met so far
    Casual Friendships: Smoothie, Soft Serve, several guardsponies.
    Close Friendships: Some unnamed former adventuring buddies (they write each other), Mike, Mica, Issun.
    Family: Roy (Older Brother, have not seen each other in years), Julia (Younger Sister, lives elsewhere), Parents (deceased)
    Intimate Friendships: None as of right now.

Cutie Mark: Keytar
    Last edited by Crisis21; 2011-07-09 at 11:38 PM.
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

I decided waiting in the bar was boring.

Extended Sig

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

Pretty sure this will end in someone getting stabbed soon.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

Ya know mindfreak, perhaps using the forum roller if you're going to be rolling a dice, for confirmation sake

27. - Top - End - #57

I don't know how to use it though! I'm still too new.
    Busy with Life

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

I don't know how to use it though! I'm still too new.
    HTML Code:
    [ROLL]1D20[/ROLL]
    There ya go

Extended Sig

29. - Top - End - #59

So I just put down:

[ROLL]1D20[/ROLL]?
    Last edited by Mindfreak; 2011-05-24 at 07:30 PM.
    Busy with Life

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

but don't include the blankspaces in between! :D

So...am the only one who imagines this setting with very high saturated colors and more dead trees than green? With an orangery blue sky? xD

it might not work on this particular section on the board though...The Roll tester...yea,
    Last edited by Benson; 2011-05-24 at 07:34 PM.