New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] GLoG 81: Ghostbusters!

[Pathfinder's Hut]

The Huldra nods back. He can understand that well enough. Protecting kids and all. He briefly considers correcting Pathfinder that these creatures aren't 'spirits' but decides that it probably isn't really worth it at all.

"There are many demons of Discord that might cause trouble. The first is the Bogart. They can sometimes be child-like and playful, which only makes them all the more dangerous. They're tricksters. They play pranks and cause misfortune. But unless they're given food offerings their pranks can grow increasingly malicious,"
    which would be terrible. "And it's vitally important that they're never named."

Which makes things even worse.

"The second is the Revenant. They're terrible undead that hate the living and sow misery and death wherever they can. Hanging garlic above doors and windows bars them from entry. And a line of salt mixed with garlic oil forms a barrier they can't cross."

No one likes having horrible undead things murdering them.

"There are the Huldra. Like..."
    Freddy's ears droop a bit. "...me."

He sounds ashamed to even admit it.

"Huldra feed on memories, on the soul. But they can't take anything violently or by force unless attacked or offended first. So instead they seduce in order to steal them,"
    that sounds pretty terrible. "Only adults are in any danger of a Huldra's deceptions. We..." he glances over at Lily. "We can't harm children. Ever."

That's sort of encouraging?

"A sprig of allheal allows a person to see a Huldra for what it really is. And... uummm... You don't need to worry about me eating anyone. I've been feeding only on the echoes of the dead so I don't have to harm the living. And I've already been told that the ghosts here in GLoG are off limits. I'm here with the hope that the people of GLoG might be able to help me curb my appetites,"
    Freddy explains. At least he's being honest, right?

[Story Time]

Freddy finally manages to figure out the trick of getting the chocolate coins open and pops one in his mouth!

Eyes go wide!

Ears perk up!

WOW! That's really good! It totally tasted like more!

He'll begin shelling more chocolate coins! Probably going to give himself a stomach ache before the night is over.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

2. - Top - End - #302

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Storytime!

The Dragonite makes the closest sound it can to "HMPH!" It'd bet his fish that the the big bronze lizard just then remembered it when he was criticized. "Gonite, Dragon. Dragonite."<Then you should offer first, rather than beg. Just asking is what a hatchling does.> They are dragons after all. Symbols of power, strength, divinity, protection. "Dragonite." <Your too much bigger to ask for little one's food.>

The dragon pokemon refuses to respond to the bronze dragon's tongue flicking. It is above such childishness... Until Kashi turns around. Then it retaliates with the silliest face it can. One of its antenae is curled up in a spiral while the other is zigzagged like a lightning bolt, one of its eyes is squinted, and its tongue hangs out the side of its agape mouth. It only holds the silly face for a moment. Pride of a dragon and all that.

After that nonsense face is finished it will focus it's attention towards the story, eating bits of the fish as it waits.
    Storytime!

Kashi grumbles under his breath at the dragonite's reproach, "Snyyuuuuuii... <You should stop talking about stuff you don't undrstand like you're an expert. I am a hatchling.>" That's true enough, although perhaps a bit hard to believe. Despite Kashi's massive, fully grown size, he's a little under half a year old, and acts appropriately.

He doesn't see the dragonite's silly face though, so he lets it drop, taking another chunk out of his salami.

As he eats, his odd digestive system begins to kick in, and a few lone coins poke out from between his scales, shedding into the pile of chocolate gelt Freddy is swiftly devouring.

That could be bad, if he's careless about unwrapping those things.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2012-04-28 at 03:23 PM.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Orc in the Playground

Storytime!

Natalie will wave hello to Brinika and eat whatever food is available. She's not especially greedy, but she can put a surprising amount of food away when she sets her mind to it.

Also, hearing all the commotion, Myrim arrives. The marsh goblin is wearing a dress of water weed over her green skin and her darker green hair is loose around her neck. She has big, pointed ears located above feathery gills, and her fingers and long, splayed toes are webbed. She's carrying a small bag filled with gudgeon, roach, rudd, sticklebacks and minnows. They're raw, but she'll eat them alongside other food anyway. She's used to eating raw fish- it's not the entirety of her diet, but it's a larger part than cooked and seasoned food.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

4. - Top - End - #304
    Troll in the Playground

Storytime!

"Hi Myrim!" Tito says. After he finishes bringing out the food, he goes to sit with Waterstrider and Renetta.

Lily is tempted to do the same, because OMG CUTE BABY! But then again, she has a Freddy and a dragon, and she can stay where she is and take turns petting them. So she does!

Forest Hut

While the grownups talk about grownup stuff, Lily climbs up onto Pathfinder for hugs and snuggles. She might fall asleep, though she'd never ever admit she could do with a nap!
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

5. - Top - End - #305
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Storytime!]

Suddenly, black rain!

Well no, not really.
    But a small, fuzzy black sphere does fall out of...somewhere, directly into the fire pit, accompanied by four more.

This may or may not make a faint mess with ash or embers, but that probably doesn't matter.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

6. - Top - End - #306
    Bugbear in the Playground

Storytime

Oh look. There's a little black dot up in the sky. And it's moving quite rapidly. Towards the bonfire, it looks like. Starting to get bigger, too. Little arms and legs, flailing about in the air.

As the incoming figure grows closer and closer, a faint, far off noise fills the air. It gets louder and lower pitched the larger the figure becomes.
    "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!" says the figure.

By now it's close enough that those assembled around the bonfire can see it. It appears to be an orc of some variety, clothed in a black suit. A tie sits around his neck, flapping in the wind as the orc falls. Clutched in one of his hands is an axe of rather pointy design.

I really hope someone down there knows Feather Fall, or else there's going to be an ugly, red mess.
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

7. - Top - End - #307

[Story Time]

"Oh! Aah..." Freddy suddenly registers that the little girl nearby was talking to him! And not the little girl that was giving out pets, either. "I'm Freddy, Pleased to meet you m'lady."

See.

He was rather preoccupied by the chocolate.

Getting the wrappers off is really hard!

And his mouth is getting all smeared with gooey chocolaty goodness, too!

Several coins later he encounters one that he can't get the wrapper off!

This is very irritating!

After a few minutes of unsuccessful fiddling he decides to bite it!

"...why is there a real coin in here...?"
    the Huldra asks no one in particular.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-04-28 at 09:40 PM.

8. - Top - End - #308

Storytime!

As Freddy asks about the coin, another pops out from over Kashi's shoulder as the massive dragon leans into the petting gratefully, letting out a low, trill-like purr.

Just as his eyes are beginning to close contentedly, Kashi spots something rapidly approaching in the sky! What the heck is that?

Whatever it is, Kashi's instincts kick in, and then dragon scrabbles to his feet and unfurls his wings, taking flight a moment afterwards.

He's going to catch the thingy!

Kashi swoops up on a collision course with the descending orc, aiming to catch him under the arms with the dragon's somewhat massive forepaws. It may be a bit jarring, but it'll certainly be better than a splat-fall that he'd get otherwise.

Hopefully he won't be able to keep hold of that axe. It looks painful and nasty, and such things don't belong around children and storytimes. Better it gets discarded somewhere over by the cactus fence for later retrieval, perhaps.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Storytime!]

Meanwhile, while all of this is happening, those five black specks at walked out of the fire pit.
    It seems they have arms and legs.
    Also two very large eyes.

They may also be completely and utterly adorable.
    And meandering towards the coins that Kashi has been slipping out before jumping to save the falling figure.

Slow!
    Stealthy!
    Tactical approach!
    The ash motes aren't very good at being sneaky, but they're small enough they may go completely unnoticed.
    Absentee Spirit

10. - Top - End - #310

Storytime!

The little motes don't go entirely unnoticed. The Dragonite notices the tiny things go toward the gold, but unlike traditional DnD style dragons, he doesn't care about gold or hoards. He does think the little orbs are interesting though, and until the story really kicks in he pays attention to the little things. He crawls a little closer to the motes, like someone watching ants. This also brings him closer to freddy's group, which may look strange if they don't know what he's looking at.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

11. - Top - End - #311
    Troll in the Playground

Storytime

Lily is knocked over by Kashi's sudden flight, and then suddenly... little black specks!

Lily remembers what Freddy was telling Pathfinder earlier about evil monsters. "Boggarts! They're boggarts!" She flings a handful of candy at them and tries to climb onto Freddy for safety!
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

12. - Top - End - #312

[Story Time]

The Huldra closes his eyes and leans away suddenly when the dragon wooshes into the sky! Wow! That was abrupt! Wonder what he's-

And then Lily begins screaming. And climbing onto his back. Given that there's still a blanket draped over his back Lily can feel free to hide under the covers, too. Everyone knows that keeping yourself fully under a blanket wards off terrible monsters.

It takes him a moment to train his vision on the object of the girl's fear and-

He sniffs at the little soot-balls a few times.

"I don't think those are Bogarts, Lily,"
    he says in a reassuring tone to the halfling girl. "They're all sooty like Bogarts. But their eyes are way too big. Don't worry, I think these little fellows are just here to listen to the story."

Bogarts have little pin-prick eyes! The sort that can be mistaken for a pair of stars on a dark clear night. That was an important part of their description.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Nexus] GLoG 81: Ghostbusters!

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Lucy and Bill --> Andy's Cabin
    "Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa."*
    *Yes, I've noticed that no one is afraid of me either...
    "Rararararararararararara."*
    *I'm also quite glad that thing didn't hurt you. You're the first friend I've made for a while now, I'd hate to lose you.
    Lucy briefly looks around, still awe-struck with the Nexus.

"Thank you, I too am very glad to have made a wonderful friend such as you."

The nurse says with a smile.

(Sorry! I should have posted much sooner. ^_^')

((Any idea if Andy's Cabin is still locked? ))
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

14. - Top - End - #314

[Kitchen] ((Different Timeline then Andy's Room))

"This is the Good League of Good. One of the big Organisations in this world, the Nexus. We redeme people here and our members help to create a peaceful ground for families and people who seek peace."

Andy's Cabin

The door will be locked until late morning. Andy needs sleep.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

15. - Top - End - #315

[Kitchen]

"I wanna say that sounds pretty strange, but then I remember where I've ended up." Aiden stretches his arms a little. "So, I probably already know the answer to this, but can I stay here? I wont be able to pay or anything."

16. - Top - End - #316
    Troll in the Playground

{Island Cave}

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "It's got to be supernatural otherwise the torch would be working. I don't suppose you leveled up and learned the Flash spell?" Vincent asks as he takes Caroline's hand.
    Oh. Caroline blushes in the darkness. She goes to the level up screan, and does just that... twice. I forgot. After a moment, she casts Flash. Let there be light!

There might be a moment of blindness, but when Vincent looks around them, he'll find they are surrounded by fish-head creatures. *CRRSSSHH!*

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ogre in the Playground

{Island Cave}

"Oh bloody typ-"
    Battle time!

Well Vincent is going to open up by casting a spell to give his sword the lightning property. A small chance of stun, but facing water based creatures it should be a nice massive boost in damage.

But it eats up his turn this time around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

18. - Top - End - #318

Storytime

The orc falls,
    falls,
    falls,
    suddenly comes to a stop. His shouting comes to a stop as the wind is quite rapidly knocked from his lungs. For a few moments, the orc dangles in the dragon's paws, dazed.
    Then he manages to draw a breath and looks around himself to see why he's still alive and not a little smear of blood on the ground. After all, he'd resigned himself to that fate all of forty-five seconds ago. The sudden change was rather... jarring.

"What?" he says. He looks around. He notes that he's being carried by something. Curious. His gaze follows the paws carrying him to the beast they belong to.
    Oh. It was a dragon. A dragon made of metal. That was quite unusual. The orc had never seen a dragon like that before - and he was quite experienced with dragons.

So experienced, that is, that the orc very nearly swings his axe at the dragon's face. The only thing that stops him is the sudden realization that his axe is no longer in his hand. He looks down just in time to see the weapon falling down to the ground.

Leaning back, the orc sighs. Dragons. Why did it have to be dragons.

"So, then," the orc says to the dragon in a deep, gruff voice. "Are you going to eat me now or are you going to set me down?"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal

19. - Top - End - #319

Storytime!

Kashi, once the orc is safely not hurtling towards the ground anymore, swoops back to solid earth to set him down. Orcs are really heavy to carry around like that.

Once everyone's standing safely, Kashi tilts his head at the orc curiously, "Snyui? <Why would I eat you? You're all alive and stuff.>" Kashi doesn't eat people, that would be silly for... some unexplained reason.

Probably because of how young and naive he is, let's go with that.

Of course, unless the orc is experience enough with dragons to know at least some of their language, he's probably not going to understand a word Kashi says. Such a shame.

The dragon is too preoccupied to notice the balls of fluff, or Lily's reaction to them just yet.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Troll in the Playground

{Island Cave}

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "Oh bloody typ-"
    Battle time!

Well Vincent is going to open up by casting a spell to give his sword the lightning property. A small chance of stun, but facing water based creatures it should be a nice massive boost in damage.

But it eats up his turn this time around.
    Caroline fires a frozen dart at one of the enemy. Critical! He's frozen for the next few turns.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

21. - Top - End - #321
    Orc in the Playground

Story Time

Natalie smiles at Freddy. "It's nice to meet you, Freddy, but I'm no lady. My aunt is, but I'm not in the line of succession- Mum abdicated her right to the title when she married Dad because he's not noble." Still rich, successful and knowledgeable- he does own and run an university anyway.

Myrim smiles and heads to sit with Tito, Renetta and Flamecrest. "Hello. I'm Myrim, who are you?" She smiles and sets the bag of raw fish nearby- she's willing to share, though I'm not sure anybody else is.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

22. - Top - End - #322

Storytime

And so the orc is set to his feet! Despite how bulky and slow he looks, he manages to hope down quite cleanly. As he stands and straightens, he adjusts his tie. It seems to have gotten rather disheveled as a result of his flight. The tie is sharp red, contrasting against his dark-grey suit - off the rack rather than tailored - and green-grey skin. Easily over six feet tall, the orc stands with the proud grace of a confidant warrior. His chin is sharp and square, with two tusks jutting out from his lower lips to curve up and almost reach his nose. Bald, the orc's scalp is a network of scars old and new. Two ears curve up into short, slightly rounded points.

With steel-grey eyes, the orc looks around himself. There was the fire he'd been aiming for. Surrounding it was the sort of mix of races he'd come to recognize as common to the area. Mostly humanoids, but there was at least one more dragon in sight. Not... an especially threatening looking dragon. Compared to the ones back home, this one looked almost cuddly.
    Bloody dragons.
    But as much as he'd like to do something about the dragons stinking up the place, this place was clearly peaceful and he didn't have his weapon anyway. And the last time he fought a dragon from this kingdom...

Well. That didn't go so well.

Where was he, anyway? Might as well ask and find out!

The orc glances around before approaching a goblin standing off to the side, clearing his throat to get her attention. "'Scuse me," his low-pitched voice carries somewhat of a northern accent, "I seem to have dropped in rather unexpectedly." His lips twitch in amusement at his own somewhat accidental pun. "My name is Tel-Zaf Kax. I'm rather unfamiliar with the area."
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal

23. - Top - End - #323
    Titan in the Playground

[Storytime]

Reelshka looks up at the orc. So what's why the big dragon who had got there from who knows where in the first place flew up. Even in the Nexus, orcs falling out of the sky don't happen every day. At least this one looks disinclined to use goblins as ammunition.
    You're in the Good League of Good and no, I don't know who came up with that name, it happened before my time. I'm Reelshka Trollfinger. I take it you didn't intend to land here, then.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Story Time

Myrim smiles and heads to sit with Tito, Renetta and Flamecrest. "Hello. I'm Myrim, who are you?" She smiles and sets the bag of raw fish nearby- she's willing to share, though I'm not sure anybody else is.
    Don't forget Waterstrider is there too, but Wolfy won't be posting for him at the moment. "Oh, hello. I'm Renetta and this is Flamecrest." Renetta waves the little cub's paw for her. I don't know if you're aware, Earl, but Renetta has quite dramtically changed in appearance. She is in my sig banner on the right side. Flamecrest resembles her of course, as well as Waterstrider oddly, but Myrim won't know why it's odd.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Storytime!]

Ah, someone's screaming!
    And someone else is sniffing them!

Predators?

The ash sprites throw their arms up in immediate terror, flinging about a coin or two in the process, then immediately begin scrambling in all directions.
    This, of course, is completely ineffective at escaping, as they most just keep running around in varying circles.

Little guys were just trying to get some food, not be food!
    Absentee Spirit

26. - Top - End - #326

Storytime!

Aaaand it looks like the orc can't understand him either. Kashi pads back to his place around Lily and Freddy then, noting the random burst of terror that has sprung up in his absence.

And the five little crazy running fluffballs. That's new. Kashi also takes a sniff of them, but since they presumably smell like ash, doesn't bother trying to eat any. Ash isn't tasty at all.

As he's passing by the ash sprites, a stray coin tumbles from between his scales, possibly landing on one of the flailing creatures. The dragon keeps walking though, content to ignore the silly little things in favor of wrapping around Freddy and Lily protectively. Protect the bringers of the noms Kashi!

27. - Top - End - #327

Storytime

The Good League of...
    Well that certainly was an odd name. Kax raises an eyebrow at the name but doesn't comment. For all he knew it was a perfectly good name in this community and it'd be rude of him to scoff.
    This nexus place was weird.
    "Well... not exactly, no." For a moment, Kax's eyes flick to the bonfire, but he looks back at Reelshka. "I didn't really have a lot of control over it, though. So this is an organization of some kind?" The orc glances around at the campground and surrounding forest as he speaks. Maybe this was one of the organizations he'd heard of when he first arrived. Maybe they could help him. But he doubted that.
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal

28. - Top - End - #328
    Titan in the Playground

[Storytime]

Reelshka tilts her head. Looks like another Nexus newcomer. Who was literally thrown in here.
    This is an organization dedicated to works of charity and redemption. At the moment, we've gathered for a bit of storytelling.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    {Island Cave}

Caroline fires a frozen dart at one of the enemy. Critical! He's frozen for the next few turns.
    Go Caroline!

Which begs the question though as to how many there are and if it's their turn?

Cause if it's Vincent's turn again he's going to whack the one next to the frozen one with a basic attack empowered by the electricity. If it's their turn, then there's nothing he can do but stand there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

30. - Top - End - #330

Storytime!

What eats little ash sprites? Not dragonites, certainly.

And now they're freaking out like little bugs. Cute. The dragonite will attempt to pin one or two down with his antenae, out of curiosity.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters