New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachitP: Reborn: OOC Thread 13

I am fairly sure it is an extra-governmental organization, and as such, unique.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Strawberryman can confirm, but I'm pretty sure there's just SWORD. Not multiple branches. For PLAWT reasons, they have a large facility in Phoenix town, but there aren't multiple Agent 01s, for instance.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Strawberryman can confirm, but I'm pretty sure there's just SWORD. Not multiple branches. For PLAWT reasons, they have a large facility in Phoenix town, but there aren't multiple Agent 01s, for instance.
    There could be an Agent 01+3i...

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    There could be an Agent 01+3i...
    *Slaps Prime with a wet fish*

5. - Top - End - #275
    Dwarf in the Playground

So I was bored in Sociology today. Really, really bored.

Spoiler
    Show

Magatsu, now with 100% more adorable. But still horrible stabbing death.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Currently, timeline of the game seem to be a bit muddled.

To recap:

In Soul Society, there are characters who are seemingly still in the evening / night after Ep. 3. At least Sayuri and Yuuta fall to this category due to Hadrian being absent - does anyone know of the man? It seems Taiki, Natsuko and possibly Karite are also in this group.

Then, there are characters who are three days or more into the future - these include at least Sigint, Goto, Seiko, Kazuma, Michiko and possibly Yoshi and Kazuo.

I suggest all people are time-skipped to the same time frame as 11th Division as soon as possible - I can fix Sayuri as soon as Hadrian posts. I suggest Taiki's discussion with Karite takes place "in the future" too, maybe simultaneously with giving his sword back.

However, I ask people to NOT move more than one day further from current 11th division timeframe. This is due to two reasons: 1st, Mortal World will otherwise be severly lagging behind, and 2nd, Soushi opening that Senkai gate will happen that day, and there are in-game events required to take place that have yet to happen before I can safely advance that plot thread.

In the Mortal world, there are events of the Shrine and events of the Cemetery that are taking place one day apart from Angry Janitor plot.

Then there are Izumi, Rex, Milla and Shou who have acted during the evening of the same day, and are now moving to the next.

I suggest the second group move to the Halloween Episode with Erima and Takara, leaving the first group to advance Michiko's plot in the main thread. I don't think it's safe to timeskip the main thread untill or unless Callos gives a go-ahead.

Hueco Muendo is slightly better of, due to having less connections to the other threads. However, Von Geister sending the bird did not happen too long ago, so it can't be that far from Mortal World.

I'm waiting for Edge's character to complete his mission in Hueco Muendo.
    To keep everyone on the same line, I felt like reposting this.

For clarity, I'll use day of the Joint Ops / Angry Janitor fight as Day 0. Mortal World and Hueco Mundo are teetering on Day +1 to +2, roughly. With Kazuma getting out of hospital, Soul Society jumped to Day +7. Because Soushi is supposed to open the damn Senkaimon on Day +8, I'd rather have people sloooowly updating their Soul Society characters to evening of Day +7.

---

Somethings about Reiatsu detection: there are several different methods to go about it. I'll use stumbling through a dark forest as analogue to compare them.

Ordinary Reiatsu sense is like looking for flashlights of other people. You can tell direction and magnitude of the light, but if they turn those flashlights off or somethings comes in between to block the light, you're out of luck. Likewise, if someone comes to wave his flashligt on your face, you won't see weaker lights past that.

Reiatsu sense excels at:
    telling presence or absence of people.

Reiraku tracking, following those spirit threads, is like tracking people via a rope tied to their ankles. Even if you have no light at all, you still won't lose track of them, and if you follow long enough, you'll find your way to their exact position unless they sever the rope. Even then, you'll end up to one of their past locations.

Reiraku tracking excells at:
    tracking down invidual persons.

Pesquisa is like taking a kilowat streetlight and illuminating the whole damn forest with it. Those invidual flashlights kinda lose meaning, because you're not relying on them anymore to see or recognize people.

Pesquisa excells at:
    giving a clear view of your surroundings.

I bring this up, because to many people the division seems to be a bit murky. Reiatsu sense is used too much like Pesquisa and Pesquisa to much like Reiatsu sense, while Reiraku tracking was largely forgotten about until Mayumi used it.

Reiatsu sense relies near-exclusively on output of other people; it is good only for detecting presence, direction and identity of a person. It cannot be used to discern their past locations, and it's easy to defend against. It's also really poor for tracking people in a spiritually rich location like Phoenix town - too much noise to the signal.

Reiraku tracking is better, requiring less output from the targets. It can be used to discern exact and former locations, and is less suspectible to noise. However, it's still "passive", relying on output of other people, and still easy to defend against.

Pesquisa is a radar - an "active" method that also utilizes Reiatsu of the user. This obviously means it's much harder to defend against - just suppressing or hiding one's Reiatsu isn't enough, one must also make sure the Reiatsu from Pesquisa is absorbed or redirected in a manner that doesn't give away their position. Theoretically, Pesquisa doesn't just detect people, but everything else as well, and is thus a viable alternative to sight.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    "'hat's lady's make-up haf ta do wid anyding?"

A) I'm personally surprised MORE people haven't showed up, considering the ceros and things Lalita is throwing out with abandon. B) I don't mind either which way. C) Four's only a crowd if the fourth is disliked. I do not dislike you or Rouga.
    I've been waiting for Edward, Eriku, and several other people to jump on the scene any moment now myself. Callos was very right with the bolded part - the whole top of Segunda's Palacio should look like it's on fire now! XD

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    It's four right now. Zane's standing there watching.
    Zane really shouldn't be standing anymore, but getting the hell out of dodge. Lalita is systematically destroying everything within close proximity so Genoveva won't get to jump on him anymore.

---

Also... any comments on Mihail Yashin?
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ettin in the Playground

Actually, Frozen. Pesquisa, in canon, has been likened to a Sonar. So it is not "using the biggest light avaiable to light all of the surroundings", it is actually very subtle, it sends a barely detectable pulse (compared to normal reiatsu, including that of the arrancar using pesquisa) that travels out and then echoes back, pinpointing the positions of each source of reiryoku in the area it could reach.

What you described has no known analogue, not even Shinigami interdimensional scans, which are the largest, meanest means of spiritual detection.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    I've been waiting for Edward, Eriku, and several other people to jump on the scene any moment now myself. Callos was very right with the bolded part - the whole top of Segunda's Palacio should look like it's on fire now! XD
    Well I did make a post about Edward heading back to his palace saying I was unsure whether you would or wouldn't mind if he was involved in the hopes of an answer. :P I didn't want to interfere with anything that you guys wanted to play out before anyone else entered the scene. It all seemed pretty dramatic and I didn't want Edward returning to seem meta-ish even though I had meant to make a post about him doing so much earlier anyway.

Oh well, it's no big deal to me. I'll make a post soon I guess.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-11-03 at 10:00 PM.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ettin in the Playground

@Draken: hey, didn't say it was a good analogue.

Buth honestly, if you translate sonar to visible light frequencies, that's how it works - you generate light of your own, and see how it reflects back to you. What was off in my analogue was the relative magnitude, not the general principle. And in case of Sabas Fortunato, or some other "Master" of Pesquisa, that 1 kW lamp probably isn't that off the mark, at least when compared to those with poorer Pesquisa.

@nc: It is Edward's palacio that's being blown to pieces...
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2010-11-03 at 10:05 PM.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Orc in the Playground

There is only one SWORD. There are 100 "elite" agents, probably hundreds more of unseated-type correspondents, and plenty of front companies (like Katzbalger Pharmaceutical, and Hrunting... whatever it was).
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

11. - Top - End - #281
    Halfling in the Playground

Oy... Life, right? Car trouble. Sickness. Fable 3 School. Anyways. Enough excuses for now. I can't post tonight, but I am going to try to get caught up on threads by tomorrow and have responses up. Sorry for my delays. _(_ _)_
    Ceci n'est pas une signature.

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    Bleach Reborn characters:
    All of 'em

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ettin in the Playground

Remember to start the Halloween episode with Takara & Erima investigating that haunted house!

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ettin in the Playground

Venti Buon should be open but under the care of Rosa and Eirine. Since Donovan is out, just saying so Inyu and Shades can provide proper attention.

Unless we want to make a trend of Yui never managing to get her coffe, of course.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ettin in the Playground

"Nyaaargh! Despair! Lack of caffeine has left me in despair!"

15. - Top - End - #285
    Orc in the Playground

...SWORD is behind this. They're trying to weaken the strongest spiritual enemy they have ever imagined through psychological warfare and forced withdrawals.
    Last edited by InyutheBeatIs; 2010-11-04 at 12:17 AM.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Pixie in the Playground

Okay, the explanation of various reiatsu detection makes sense to me, and it's one of the reasons why I decided to have Mayumi find a bit of Auset's reiraku there. It's not well used in canon, since they mostly ignored it after Uryu mentioned it that one time, and I like the concept. By the way, I'm basing a lot of Mayumi's abilities on what Uryu has done, can you tell?

Also, new Ginto technique! Schweben Augen, which, if a friend of mine who speaks a little German is correct, is translated to Soaring Eyes.
    Effects
    Spoiler
    Show
    Allows the user to control the Ginto telekinetically, up to a maximum distance of 10 Kilometers. At any time, the user may give up vision in either of his eyes to "see" through the Ginto, at any angle he wishes. The user may animate a number of Ginto according to his ability, but the usual number is two, since no more can be used at once.

Curiously, this technique does not use up the reiatsu in a Ginto immediately, but rather slowly siphons it from the Ginto, allowing it to be used for a maximum time of an hour for an ordinary Ginto.

Incantation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Look upwards into the heavens and cast down thine judgment - Schweben Augen! X (Where X is the number of Ginto being controlled, in German of course)!

I was thinking that Mayumi would use this for sniping, and with up to all ten of the Ginto on her bracelet, though obviously she couldn't see through all at once. But instead of patrolling, she'd just set up a central location and send out her Ginto to patrol for her. What do y'all think?
    Last edited by Kayne650; 2010-11-04 at 12:51 AM.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Orc in the Playground

German always makes me think someone is sneezing. I don't know why.

So, any definitive answer on having Rouga crash the party?
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

18. - Top - End - #288
    Barbarian in the Playground

In a similar vein, what about Henry's powers? It was talked about a bit before and I posted something on the last page about it.

Reposted here so you don't have to trawl the thread:

Henry as a Substitute Fae - Alternative title: "Why I hate Ireland" By Henry Rheims Coleby
    Spoiler
    Show

20 years ago, Henry wandered into something that he really shouldn'tve. All he can remember was a flash then waking up in hospital. But there was more to the incident than a simple flash of light, and Henry gained more than just spiritual sensitivity from it.

The Full Story

Spoiler
    Show

For Henry was not actually knocked unconscious by the flash. He was momentarily stunned, and when he came to he could... see something in front of him? Something big, and something person-sized... doing something. Fighting, maybe. It was rather hard to tell, considering he had had about 5 seconds to adjust to his new spiritual senitivity. So, with this limited information, Henry makes quite possibly the worst decision in his life ever.

He approches the pair, cautiously trying to get their attention. He caught their attention alright, and an arm across the face from the large figure. After picking hismelf up sans a few ribs from a nearby tree, Henry against all advice tried to limp back up to the pair, this time shouting. He manages to distract the smaller figure enough to get it punched through a tree, and is rounded on by the other figure. A rather unlikely way to die all told, but Henry looked to be going that way anyway.

Until he realises that the smaller figure dropped something - a sword. As the monstrosity in front of him prepared to turn him to mush, he scrabbles over and hacks desperately at the creature with all his strength. This proved to be surprisingly effective, inflicting deep gashes in the Hollow's leg...

...Distracting it just enough for the other figure to reenter next to Henry. He didn't know this at the time, but the form above him was a Fae, more precisely a Fian. And according to the rules of his kingdom, he really shouldn't involve mortals in his business. But this particular Fae is not under the rules of his kingdom, having left it as a Fian, and he figures he needs the help. He didn't even like the rules anyway.

Henry is no longer sure what the hell is going on, and his confusion is further compounded by the figure he had just helped out wrenching his sword from him and plunging it into his chest. Next thing he knows, he's standing next to the Fae that stabbed him with a flanged mace in his hand. With thousands of questions surging through his mind, he attacks the beast in front of him with his inexplicable new weapon. With a satisfying crunch, he lays the beast low with his 'friend's' help.

But the Fae is having second thoughts about giving power to a mortal. As Henry turns to ask him what is going on he is stabbed again, there is another flash of light, and he is back on the floor. With a gaping hole in his lung. He soon loses consciousness.

This may all seem irrelevant to Henry today. But if the impetuous young Fae had actually listened to his elders about the subject, he'd have known that you can't really do what he tried to do. So his attempt to stab Henry in a spiritual focus point resulted in Henry's powers being sealed away, and him losing all memory of his about a minute of being a spiritual warrior. It was a pretty strong seal, all told, but it wasn't maintained at all. As it wore away over the 20 years, Henry grew more and more spiritually aware, eventually reaching the level he is now. In fact, the seal is just about ready to break... All it would take at this point would be to regain that two minutes or so of memory that he lost all those years ago.

Treoir Anam - Túr Cruach
    Spoiler
    Show
    Appearance
    A flanged mace with a long handle. Seems to be made from steel with a vine pattern inlaid with oak on the handle.

Spirit and Inner World
    Spoiler
    Show
    Túr Cruach takes the form of a sarcastic brown-haired woman of about the same age as Henry. She wears flowing robes of green and carries with her a huge tower shield of granite. By all rights she really should not be able to even lift that thing but she seems to have absolutely no trouble with it at all.

Shockingly enough, the tower she resides in is indeed plated with steel although the interior is stone. When Henry is not there, she spends her time in the uppermost throne room which is fashioned entirely out of copper. This may not seem a big deal, but outside the tower is storm shattered wetland that sees constant lightning strikes. When Henry is ready to recieve Rhyddhau, he must cross the throne room to reach Túr Cruach, a sort of test of courage.

Rhyddhau - not yet achieved

Fae Powers - Not yet achieved either. Come on, man! He's only been a Fae for like two minutes!
    Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #289

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    German always makes me think someone is sneezing. I don't know why.

So, any definitive answer on having Rouga crash the party?
    *sneezes*

*many times*

*in a violent manner*

NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

20. - Top - End - #290

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wolf View Post
    *sneezes*

*many times*

*in a violent manner*

WITH A KNIFE!!!!!
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

@Moon Wolf: Probably a good time to have Lilianna show up. I intend to have Josiah go home in his next couple of posts.

EDIT: "Show up" at home, that is. Not in the secret lab for the company she doesn't know exists.
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2010-11-04 at 06:24 PM.

22. - Top - End - #292

Well I knew that.

Just got perfect on my lab~
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

23. - Top - End - #293
    Orc in the Playground

*sneezes*

*many times*

*in a violent manner*

I'll take that as a yes.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Well I knew that.

Just got perfect on my lab~
    Grats on the lab!

I like being specific.

Also, Sucrose, MW, hope you don't mind the bit I threw in at the end there, about Lilianna trying to set up a "group event" or whatnot.

25. - Top - End - #295

Skydiving you say...

I've done that before...let's just say illegally. Please don't turn me in.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

26. - Top - End - #296

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    Caiphus stood over the proceedings, a reasonable distance away. He had felt the massive fluctuations in reiatsu from Caos Encarnado, and had been curious as to their origins. He had never imagined that the Primera would be fighting a Fraccion, even if it was one of the Segunda's.

Caiphus smiled beneath his mask. Perhaps Edward would get involved. If that was to happen, then it would be possible that he would be harmed and weakened as a result, potentially even killed. Or maybe, outnumbered as she would be, Genoveva would be hurt. A disturbance in the hierarchy that high up would cause a great deal of turmoil in Las Noches.

That sounded like fun.
    Uhm. Why does that matter? At all?
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

27. - Top - End - #297
    Dwarf in the Playground

Because of the sheer power difference involved? Genoveva is pretty scary, more than a match for a Fraccion. Not a usual tournament match.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

28. - Top - End - #298
    Titan in the Playground

Is Carmelia a (non-Menos) natural arrancar? Because most Hollows aren't that that intelligent or human-looking... or clothes-wearing.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-11-05 at 06:53 AM.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    Uhm. Why does that matter? At all?
    I take he's amazed Genoveva doesn't just walk over Lalita (or that Lalita has guts to fight dear Jenny. *shrug*). Caiphus is thinking it exactly because it doesn't matter; while a Fraccion of such high-ranking Espada is expected to be strong, he's not expected to be strong enough to threaten Genoveva. It's for emphasis.

Is Carmelia a (non-Menos) natural arrancar? Because most Hollows aren't that that intelligent or human-looking... or clothes-wearing.
    If I recall right from her first IC description, Carmelia's "clothes" are actually wings or folds of her skin. If she were to open them in full, she'd look more like a large butterfly than a human. And Hollows can act intelligent - Sora could be reasoned with, and Shrieker showed to have pretty much same brain capacity and personality as in life.

Inyu can correct me, of course.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2010-11-05 at 08:15 AM.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Pixie in the Playground

Frozen,

How would you think Hirokatsu's reiatsu 'detection' abilities stack up in your concepts of reiatsu detection?

I am curious

thanks!