New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] GLoG 81: Ghostbusters!

He's done for now, so awaiting for Rot we shall.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Infirmary

Reinholdt murmurs and slowly wakes up.

It was... all a dream right? He wasn't actually... one of...
    He looks around.
    Still in the Infirmary. Not a good sign.

Slowly Rein reaches up to feel inside his mouth.
    ... Fangs.
    Shakily he lowers his hand as he carefully sits up. Though it isn't before long he's quite simply trembling all over. This can't be real. It just can't be real...

The worst of it all was...
    He was really quite hungry.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-04-22 at 10:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Poplar Cabin - This Morning

"Good! Cause I want to marry you when I grow up, and I can't if you're already married to Miss Reelshka." Lily says, hugging Pathfinder tightly. "It's not fair I'm not grownup yet and she is!"

Sapling Cabin

Pansy has that 'want to hold the baby itch', but she lets Brinika take first peek. She's already seen and held little Flamecrest.

"How is Renetta?" Pansy asks.

Pathfinder seems to pause a moment before hugging Lily tighter to himself and nipping her neck affectionately. "No, it's not. But it'll be okay. Promise." He swears.

Sapling Cabin

"We got her back to our hut, and she's resting at the moment."
    Waterstrider tells Pansy as he kneels down for the pair to see his beautiful daughter. It seems he can't keep his eyes off of her.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

[Sapling Cabin]

Brinika's eyes open wide as she looks at the wolfen baby and she trembles with excitement as she carefully examines Flamecrest. Finally, she claps her hands over her mouth and squeaks: She's so cuuuuuute~
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-04-23 at 07:42 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #125

[GLoG Entrance]

Some time after a trip to a certain haunted hospital it is to here that Freddy returns! Why? Because he heard that this place is apparently dedicated to helping people with a predisposition toward evil to do good.

Which...

Is basically exactly what he needs right now.

If nothing else having some people he can complain about being on fire inside to would be nice.

But...

He has no idea how to actually join!

As such the demon-fox will wander around the campsite until he runs into someone he can ask!
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground

{Island Cave}

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Vincent is perplexed at the torch's uselessness. That's what a torch is for in the first place! How could it not actua-"Oof."

Vincent bumps into Caroline. Stupid fish.
    Ow! Caroline will instinctively try to elbow Vincent off of her. Sorry. I ran into a wall.
    She reaches her hand out behind her, trying to take Vincent's. This place is really dark.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

7. - Top - End - #127
    Troll in the Playground

Yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Outside GLoG => Wherever Pansy Is

The shaman doesn't speak for now, instead mulling over the encounter in his mind, trying to detail what happened, when, and by who while taking Lily's story into account. It looked like a misunderstanding, but he couldn't be too sure.
    Pathfinder finds Pansy in the Main Cabin. As soon as he sets the children down, Lily goes to hug her brother. "You came to rescue me from the scary onion lady!"

Tito pushes her away. "You're so STUPID, Lily! Why were you talking to a monster?"

"Freddy's not a monster! He's nice!" Lily says, her lip wobbling.

"You're never careful enough, Lily! You could have gotten hurt!" Tito yells.

Pansy meets Pathfinders eyes with a sad smile and mouths 'Thank you' before turning her attention to the children and their argument.

Parenting happens. It probably takes quite some time.

This Morning

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post

Pathfinder seems to pause a moment before hugging Lily tighter to himself and nipping her neck affectionately. "No, it's not. But it'll be okay. Promise." He swears.
    "Alright!" Lily says in complete trust. "Can I braid your mane?"

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Sapling Cabin]

Brinika's eyes open wide as she looks at the wolfen baby and she trembles with excitement as she carefully examines Flamecrest. Finally, she claps her hands over her mouth and squeaks: She's so cuuuuuute~
    Pansy thinks little goblin girls are 'so cuuuuuuuute' at the moment, and chuckles silently.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sapling Cabin]

Flamecrest stares at Brinika with her dark eyes. More people looking at her! These ones are different though.

((Don't feel like you have to wait for me. Just wanted to make a post.))

9. - Top - End - #129
    Orc in the Playground

[Lakeside - Tomorrow]

Well, it's hard to put an exact value on a chest full of gold and valuable objects. Mostly since the coinage is foreign, the gems and jewelry are of varying worth, and the documents' values are subjective. But it's definitely worth a lot of money. There are about 10,000 gold coins, give or take a thousand, and the combined value of the gems and jewelry are about equal to the coins.

The wills, deeds, and charts might not be worth much to Julie and Justin. Some of them are flat out from Ermine's world and useless in the Nexus, but there are some Nexusian papers that could be worth quite a lot in the right hands. Some of the maps do seem to show the locations of other buried treasures, but in places not anywhere near GLoG and without written labels.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

{Island Cave}

"It's got to be supernatural otherwise the torch would be working. I don't suppose you leveled up and learned the Flash spell?" Vincent asks as he takes Caroline's hand.

[Infirmary -> Campgrounds]

Fine. Fine, Rein can do this. He doesn't need anyone's help to recover from absolute shock and trembling in terror and shaking in hunger.

He'll just get out of bed, and rip a curtain off the window, being careful not to hit himself with sun when he does it. Draping it over himself he goes to duck out of the Infirmary.

He... he knows he probably needs some... but... how could he possibly drink that? Even freshly provided in cans. It just... EWW.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

11. - Top - End - #131

[Campground]

Freddy has been mostly unsuccessful when it comes to figuring out what he's supposed to do. The ghosts are basically unhelpful (big surprise) and talking to them for too long makes the Huldra hungry. So he wisely moves along before he eats someone he isn't supposed to.

In the course of his search he notices some guy wearing a...

...umm...

Is that a curtain?

He's pretty sure that fellow is wearing drapery.

Welp.

Crazy person might prove more useful than the echoes of the dead. Only one way to find out!

The demon fox goes bounding toward Rein! "Hey! Can you tell me how I'm supposed to join gloooOOOH Emperor's crown you're that Revenant from before!" he puts his breaks on mid-bound by simply sitting down and letting his hind-end scrap along the ground. Looks like it might have been uncomfortable.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

[Campground]

Reinholdt stops with a scowl, but only from being stopped.

"You're mistaken. I'm not related to the Empire or Remnant at all. If you're looking to join well then you just need to... wait. You sound vaguely familiar."

That's rather a lie. Freddy sounds less familiar than he does smell familiar and that confuses the hell out of Rein. He's never had a good sense of smell as a human.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

13. - Top - End - #133

[Campsite]

The demon-fox just stares at Rein blankly for a while after the vampire kitty replies. Mostly because he knows nothing of an Empire or a Remn-oh!

Oh!

That's the name of the court that runs Inside? Right? So what did that have to do with what he just said...

"Ahh... well..."
    the Huldra scoots back a little further. "I said Revenant. Not Remnant. You know. Nocturnal undead fiend. Feeds on the innocent. Repelled by garlic."

The Huldra's ears fold down a little.

"Not that I have any blood for you to drink. I'm hollow inside after all! Ha ha!"
    yay, nervous laughing!

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

[Campsite]

Reinholdt's eyes flash a dangerous colour briefly.

"Shut up. SHUT UP! I'm not a vampire and I don't want any stupid blood!"

Rein says, stepping towards Freddy a bit intimidatingly before stepping back almost immediately and almost nervously.

"What do you want? Why are you here?" Reinholdt knows the answer already but if it redirects everything via repetition, he doesn't care.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Rowan Cabin]

Oh good, vegetables. The meal will be just fine then. "I think she'll be okay. I fed her not too long before we came." Sakura wouldn't ever think to bother with baby formula either; She wouldn't see the point.

One day Sakura and Adir will wear down Cessie to the point that nudity doesn't bother her anymore. =O
    [Rowan Cabin]

"Why don't you ladies sit and chat? I can be the nice helpful guy and get food for everybody." Without waiting for a response, Eric will move for the door, and unless someone stops him, he'll be away fairly quickly.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

16. - Top - End - #136

[Campsite]

A dangerous color?

It's red, isn't it? Red is totally a dangerous color.

Freddy scoots away a little further when the creepy Revenant guy edges closer, his ears folding flat. "I... umm... okay. If you say so."

Awkward pause!

A cough from the Huldra.

"I... uuh... I was hoping to join glog actually. I heard that the people here help people like me."

That is, people who want to stay good! Or maybe convert to good?

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

[Campsite]

I don't even know of another dangerous colour! Except maybe orange, but that's pretty close to red.

Reinholdt narrows his eyes. Fire Fox thing still seemed familiar...

"Yeah. Sure. FINE." Reinholdt says as if this is the last thing he wants to do. It my very well be too!

He'll stomp on over to the Main Cabin, expecting Freddy to follow him. If Freddy does, Rein will head inside, throw the curtain to one side and retrieve a form for the huldra.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-04-23 at 08:03 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

18. - Top - End - #138

Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    [Lakeside - Tomorrow]

Well, it's hard to put an exact value on a chest full of gold and valuable objects. Mostly since the coinage is foreign, the gems and jewelry are of varying worth, and the documents' values are subjective. But it's definitely worth a lot of money. There are about 10,000 gold coins, give or take a thousand, and the combined value of the gems and jewelry are about equal to the coins.

The wills, deeds, and charts might not be worth much to Julie and Justin. Some of them are flat out from Ermine's world and useless in the Nexus, but there are some Nexusian papers that could be worth quite a lot in the right hands. Some of the maps do seem to show the locations of other buried treasures, but in places not anywhere near GLoG and without written labels.
    Lakeside - Tomorrow

Wow, that is an amazing amount of cash. Far more than she's ever had on hand before, that's for certain. Julie, despite her earlier haggling, will be splitting most of the loot precisely down the middle, even if the chocolate coins were certainly not worth a 20th of the treasure. This gag against Ermine is worth just that much to her.

After inspecting which of the deeds are to Nexus properties and splitting those up evenly as well, she looks at the maps and pushes all of them into Justin's pile. He'll get far more use out of them than she ever would, since he doesn't have a family to look after.

"Consider those a bonus hun. You do seem to favor the adventurous life, and if you can figure out where these lead, you're welcome to them. Mind if I throw these off-world deeds back into the chest for a bit of verisimilitude?" She gestures to the mostly worthless documents left behind.

And yes, before you ask, Justin's pile has that crown he was gunning for. Julie think's it only fair, and went for the smaller jewellery that she could actually wear and sell easily anyway.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

19. - Top - End - #139

[GLoG Main Cabin]

Freddy follows the grumpy totally-not-a-Revenant!

And then Rein throws back the curtain! Thankfully no one is curtaining behind the curtain because otherwise this would probably be really awkward.

"So... if you aren't a Revenant what are you exactly?"
    Freddy inquires as he looks over the form. Wow. This is going to require a whole lot of writing.

Too bad he doesn't have any fingers.

Hmmm...

Have to improvise maybe?

Think of a solution, Freddy!

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

Reinholdt folds his arms in front of him, stares at Freddy intensely and very seriously answers...

"A cat."

Duh. I mean... how could you not tell?
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-04-23 at 08:15 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

21. - Top - End - #141

Lakeside-Tomorrow

"If anything comes up worth the legwork, I'll offer you a cut too. Fair's fair." he says as he puts on his new crown, looking quite regal. "And sure toss'em in. I don't do the long lost nephew bit." He then starts droping his coins and jewlery into big plastic zip-bags. He puts an R on the jewelry bag to seperate it from the costume jewelry he keeps around. "Let's dump the chocolate coins in." he says, standing up and shifting to get used to the new weight.

My Characters

22. - Top - End - #142

[Main Cabin]

Freddy settles on focusing a wisp of fox fire down, lightly singeing his name into the paper. That will totally work!

Writing with fire is fun!

Just don't leave the wisp in the same spot for too long or the form with catch on fire!

And then Rein responds to him.

At which the Huldra just stares at him blankly.

"...what?"

Whoops!

Form just caught on fire!

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

"I'm. A. Cat." Reinholdt replies with a sigh, grabbing another form and passing it over again.

"The most infamous cat of all even."
    Rein frowns.

"The whole... not vampire thing is new."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

24. - Top - End - #144

[Main Cabin]

Ooookay.

The crazy vampire thinks that he's a cat.

Alright.

Freddy is cool with that.

It isn't the most absurd thing the Huldra has encountered in the Nexus yet. But it's pretty darn close. He'll fill out the second form with incident this time around.

"Right... New to the cursed to be a horrible monster thing... kind of like what I'm stuck with," Freddy comments as he passes the form back. "Though at least you still look human. Eerr... like a cat I mean."

Yes.

Like a cat.

"In fact, as from smelling kind of like one you don't look like a Revenant at all," the demon fox observes, quirking his head off to the side a bit.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

"I'm not a horrible monster!" Reinholdt yells, flailing.
    "Anymore." He feels the need to clarify.

He snatches the form.
    "And I ought to look like a human as far as I can tell." Why would he look like a cat? That's just madness!

Reinholdt waves the form he just got around. "This needs to get to one of the redeemers in charge of helping people. Sophie or Quinn or... well I'm sure there's others too." Maybe.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

26. - Top - End - #146

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Lakeside-Tomorrow

"If anything comes up worth the legwork, I'll offer you a cut too. Fair's fair." he says as he puts on his new crown, looking quite regal. "And sure toss'em in. I don't do the long lost nephew bit." He then starts droping his coins and jewlery into big plastic zip-bags. He puts an R on the jewelry bag to seperate it from the costume jewelry he keeps around. "Let's dump the chocolate coins in." he says, standing up and shifting to get used to the new weight.
    Lakeside - Tomorrow

Julie nods, and gets to work opening up the crates of chocolate coins, dumping them in wholesale. It might not be enough to fill it to the brim, but it'll give it some weight at least.

Her share of the loot goes into her purse, which is portal-linked to a warehouse her family owns. Once it's finally in there' she's going to breathe a sigh of relief. A job well done, in her opinion.

Just one more thing to take care of, right? It's got to go back in the whole now.

"Ready for some more earth moving?" Julie pants a bit just thinking about it.

((Everything attempted, and Justin can stop her at any point before the chocolate filling happens. Just wanted to skip some of the boring stuff.))
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

27. - Top - End - #147

[Main Cabin]

Yes!

FLAIL!

Flailing is the best and only proper response to any form of distress ever.

Anywho!

This guy isn't acting much like a Revenant either. Revenants are well known for hating everything alive and expressing this hate in the form of murder. Living things remind them of their horrid, tormented existence. Not that the murder makes them feel any better.

And this guy who totally isn't a vampire hasn't murdered anything yet!

The Huldras ears flatten out a bit at the yelling. "Umm... sorry... I... what should I call you then?"

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

"Well have you considered that maybe I have a name and that maybe you should ask for it and maybe you could call me by my name?"

Maybe?

Perhaps.

Reinholdt peers intently at Freddy.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

29. - Top - End - #149

Lakeside-Tomorrow

"Can't be any harder than digging it up." Justin comments. He eats a chocolate coin or two. He bought them, so who can complain? Beyond that, they can bury the chocolate treasure, unimpeded.

My Characters

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Sapling Cabin]

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Yesterday!

Pathfinder finds Pansy in the Main Cabin. As soon as he sets the children down, Lily goes to hug her brother. "You came to rescue me from the scary onion lady!"

Tito pushes her away. "You're so STUPID, Lily! Why were you talking to a monster?"

"Freddy's not a monster! He's nice!" Lily says, her lip wobbling.

"You're never careful enough, Lily! You could have gotten hurt!" Tito yells.

Pansy meets Pathfinders eyes with a sad smile and mouths 'Thank you' before turning her attention to the children and their argument.

Parenting happens. It probably takes quite some time.

This Morning

"Alright!" Lily says in complete trust. "Can I braid your mane?"

Pansy thinks little goblin girls are 'so cuuuuuuuute' at the moment, and chuckles silently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Sapling Cabin]

Flamecrest stares at Brinika with her dark eyes. More people looking at her! These ones are different though.

((Don't feel like you have to wait for me. Just wanted to make a post.))

Sapling Cabin

Waterstrider's ears perk up when Brinika gets excited. "You can pet her, but be gentle. She's not very hardy yet."

Main Cabin - Yesterday

Pathfinder gives Pansy a smile to tell her that it's okay, but when she goes to break up the argument, he just sets a paw on her shoulder to stop her. "Let them have their fun. Has everything been okay?" He asks her. It wasn't often he was on the campground proper, but he wanted to check in on Pansy. "If these two have been running all around you, I could take them off your paws for a couple days. Give you and Brand some time to yourselves." He offers in a low voice, hoping Lily and Tito don't hear.

Poplar Cabin

"Any time."
    Pathfinder promises Lily before leaning his neck forward to let her do so, his tail wagging in happiness.