New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Firbolg in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: The Ultimate Conflict (Of Havens and Empires) IC

Nasiri gives off a quiet yet regal chuckle as Korshim mentions how she is 'lightweight.' "Humorous. Usabhar had told me the same thing when I first met the paragon." She flies towards a nearby face and eyes it carefully. "My specialty lies in magic but I am no helpless lamb up close." She demonstrates by quickly constricting one of the faces and crushes it between her scaly body. Blood on her body aside, she seems quite pleased with her results. "What do you think? The blood is of awful sight but it is tolerable after being around Usabhar for so long. The paragon drinks the blood of his foes like dwarven ale."
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-09-05 at 02:10 PM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Colossus in the Playground

The robot dragon shrugs. Not bad. But I know you can't do this. With his mechanoid wings, he flies only a few feet into the sky, but it's enough to give him the fall distance to belly-flop onto a group of faces with a satisfying crunch and a splash of cyan blood.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2012-09-05 at 02:17 PM.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    Though if memory serves, the dissections discovered not only a creatures' strengths, abilities, and weaknesses but allowed him to gain those abilities.
    Only when he grafted the requisite organ onto a body. Like the time he grafted part of troll to one of the inhabitants of the world, allowing him to regenerate. Of course, it backfired when the person also became like a troll and tried to attack us
    #GoreMutualarejerks

4. - Top - End - #94

Quote Originally Posted by MikelaC1 View Post
    Only when he grafted the requisite organ onto a body. Like the time he grafted part of troll to one of the inhabitants of the world, allowing him to regenerate. Of course, it backfired when the person also became like a troll and tried to attack us
    Oooh yes! He points to Celestica, clearly amused by the recollection. They were running around, screaming, and then that guy came out. By my Throne that was hilarious!
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2012-09-05 at 02:41 PM.

5. - Top - End - #95

SwashbucklerGuy

Usabhar could only shake his head in complete, utter amazement about this doctor they traveled with. The dwarf bets that the doctor wasn't even the most insane of the group.

Nasiri whines just a tiny bit as Korshim belly-flops onto a bunch of faces as if he was jumping off a springboard into a diving pool. It couldn't be denied however that the *CRUNCH* is nothing short of a wonderful sound. "You are right," she says in a clearly faux-ashamed tone. "Such an undignified lack of grace isn't something I can accomplish. Besides, a flop as such does not have the range as this." Nasiri moves over to a spot where the faces are placed in a nice line and fires out a ray of heavenly fire. She slowly arcs her head upwards until it creates a neat line of disintegrated faces and divine energy.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

At long last, the citizens return, filling the fields where once they stood and arriving just in time to witness another great feat of magic.

Up in the sky, a song of untold beauty rains down from a light far greater than any sun. The people can only look up in amazement as the entirety of the sky shatters, revealing a second, flawless night sky behind it. Slivers of the sunlit sky rain down from the heavens like fireworks, each one fading out of existence long before it hits the ground.

Up in the sky, however, you see more than the moon and stars. A message has been written across the night sky in faint, glowing letters.

Wero, Celestica, Usabhar, Rahja:
    Spoiler
    Show

"If you possess the strength to read this portent, know that the Great Wheel requires your strength"
    "The gate to the meeting grounds has opened"
    "May we all survive into the next golden age"
    I'm try not to be too vain but this was too perfect not to sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!
    At long last, I have an extended signature

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

Amazed, stunned, relieved at what is happening, Rahja can barely believe what is happening, marvelling at the wondrous sight, making her forget, just for a moment, all the horrible things that just happened. The words just come on their own as she sings as the night sky is formed and the shattered day rains downwards in a mesmerizing display, making the young aasimar dance across the sky. She cannot help it as this moment is treasured in her mind forever, celebrating this moment with the innocence of a child.

"Thank you, Shelyn. Thank you," Rahja whispers, thanking the Eternal Rose for showing her how she can help. The act of healing a world is something unlike she has ever done or experienced. In a way, it is equal to healing just a single person. But at the same time, just like many things in life, it is uniquely wonderful.

The aasimar descends towards the ground, a truly happy smile on her face. Suddenly, she places a hand onto her chest and bows deeply. "It was a great pleasure to have helped defend this world alongside heroes like all of you. And it seems a calling has just been revealed." Rahja briefly looks up to the letters in the sky again. "I would be honored if you'd like me to lend my assistance again."

8. - Top - End - #98

Probably not, but a disintegration line doesn't make a nice crunchy sound when you destroy them. He then proceeds to walk on the faces, accentuating each step with a verbal Crunch each step.

Lord Wero looks up at the sky, noticing the message.
    Huh, "the gate to the meeting ground has been opened." He can't help but wonder what they are talking about. Obviously this kind of thing doesn't JUST happen, so he figures that some sort of gate must open, or have opened. Somewhere. Maybe the sky itself is the gate.

Also... he muses aloud to the four of them. Does anybody else find it odd that a planet-destroying crack in reality itself was removed from this city alone? I have circumnavigated numerous worlds. They are very large. I cannot help but wonder whether or not there are other cracks on this world.

Father!
    The massive crystalline automaton calls out to Lord Wero in a flawless replica of Prince Zurkar's voice. The massive purple dragon turns his attention towards the golem.
    Father. The Eternals have reported that other fissures have been spotted on 60 other Eclipsian worlds. Fortunately Emanacal is safe, but General Yoweth and Lord Shadow Renemendus may be in need of your guidance. Celestial and Fiendish forces have been spotted fighting against the...ermh...incursions coming from the Fissures, and...uhh...Tiamat herself and Hextor himself...have...been seen fighting against the Incursions. I haven't heard anything about any of these forces engaging hostilities against Eclipsian forces but...I...we're not sure how to proceed.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2012-09-05 at 06:29 PM.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ridai View Post
    "I would be honored if you'd like me to lend my assistance again."
    CELESTICA

You would be honoured? I dont know about the rest of the group, but I would be the one honoured if you came to lend your assistance. Now does anyone have any ideas about just how to proceed?
    #GoreMutualarejerks

10. - Top - End - #100

Quote Originally Posted by MikelaC1 View Post
    You would be honoured? I dont know about the rest of the group, but I would be the one honoured if you came to lend your assistance. Now does anyone have any ideas about just how to proceed?
    Yes. There are 60 of my worlds that are experiencing fissures. We shall travel to each world, close every fissure, and make every monstrosity that dares to undermine my rule bleed as we have here. They can be beaten, and we know how to do it. We will travel through the Portal Chambers and undo all the damage in my worlds.

He looks to the golem.

Tell my forces to observe the Outsiders for now. Incursion forces are still to be engaged with no mercy or restraint. Make no attempts to engage in hostilities except in self-defense, and refrain from communicating with them....within reason. Should they deliberately attempt to communicate with us, I wish communication to be delegated up to my family. Furthermore, tell our forces that the cracks are vulnerable to direct-damage, and every attempt should be made to physically or magically damage it. High-powered attacks are recommended, and extremely powerful healing spells seal up cracks that cannot be damaged further. Shutting off cracks neutralizes creatures that come forth.

ASTRAL PLANE
    Spoiler
    Show

Prince Zurkar relays the High Lord's orders to the Eternals to be relayed to Eclipsian forces.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2012-09-05 at 06:51 PM.

11. - Top - End - #101

SwashbucklerGuy

Usabhar looks up to the skies where the message is stated proud and clear to him. The day universe calls to ask him and the other mighty beings here to aid; against what, no one seems to have an idea. The fact that sixty planets in an empire has come under attack by such similar cracks means that there the Great Wheel could really be at risk of a fatal existence. As both Rahja and Celestica speak up to give assistance to such a monumental task, Usabhar nods and confidently says, "I do not take kindly to a destructive force of nature that tries to bring an end to every world we know of. The law that the dwarves of Sargti obey is to remain defiant against the odds, no matter how great. Keltahkonkmet's chosen, Usabhar Sigurhavok shall lend his weapons to the bitter end."

The dwarf takes a look at Rahja. Her beauty seems completely unfit for what is coming up. "Aasimar, Rahja I believe." His tone starts out pretty friendly but quickly grows serious. "I must ask, are you fit to constantly be on the battlefield? Your skills are amazing but this battle can't even be called a skirmish compared to many other battles that will be coming later on." He gives a grim look at the taller figure. "...I will not lie, you appear frail. You are not someone like me who can last out when a foe strikes with his blade. On the battlefield, injuries are inevitable and wars are never bloodless. You must be ready to suffer in the heat of battle and I want to know that your apparent fragility is nothing more than due to appearance." He takes a look at Celestica now. "While we have met a couple times before, I want to be sure that you will be able to hold your own in battle as well. This was the first I saw of you in combat; I hope you are just as effective up in melee range." He takes one last look at Wero now. "...Though if the High Lord knows you well enough then I will take his word for it."

Nasiri giggles once more as Korshim makes audible crushing noises while stomping on the faces. Once Usabhar made his speech, she excuses herself from the slaughtering of faces to go to her master's side. "I am here paragon," she softly mentions to Usabhar. She looks to Wero a moment later. "Shall we split up or do you prefer we work as a single group?"

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

For her answer, Celestica says nothing, but immediately goes into a melee attack against the nearest face. Although the creature is motionless, the sheer number of attacks that the monk is able to launch is impossible to follow by the dwarf's eye, and she finishes her display by launching herself into the air to deliver a spinning leg kick that completely decapitates the monster (the head landing and rolling to a spot just in front of the dwarfs foot). The tangled ruin that is left of the body is easily equal to the ruins made by the heavy stompings of others.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

The young woman is actually flattered as she hears Celestica speak. When Usabhar regards her, Rahja's smile fades, being frank with him in turn. "The High Lord cannot claim to know me. As for myself, no, I am not a soldier. My magic is limited to protection, healing and to a lesser degree illusions and enchantments. My combat abilities are fit to deal with threats like pit fiends and such, whether with my hands or with my bow, but I feel they pale in comparison to anyone of you. And honestly, I prefer not to resort to violence."

"On the other hand, my music fortifies me against harm and improves my prowess in combat dramatically, if you pardon the pun, as does my magic. Up to a certain point, if someone should succeed to kill me, I will simply come back from the dead, free of any injury. I can give the same to all of you, given an hour or two, as well as mend injuries as they happen, at a distance. You have seen glimpses of what I can do and I feel that, with all due respect, I can help you fight better and last much longer against adversity with what I have at my disposal." Rahja clearly dislikes having to describe the extend of her powers, partially because it feels like bragging, partially because she isn't certain how useful her powers truly are to these epic heroes. She doesn't feel comfortable... "selling herself", though she can understand if others might have doubts about her.

"This is what I am able to do on the battlefield, paragon. If you feel I am inadequate, I apologize and will not bother you any longer." Rahja bows again and silently awaits judgment.

14. - Top - End - #104

I can already tell your healing abilities are the only lasting solution we have to the fissures, as they are called, I would dare say you are indispensable in this regard. The Lord comes to a realization that may cause complications.
    How many more times can you use that power today?

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

"Only once before needing to rest, I am afraid. While my body can replenish the energy required for lesser powers easily, this one takes a lot out of me. All in all, given enough time to rest, I think I could manage to use it roughly nine times within 24 hours. Though I can still use my lesser powers to seal the cracks and care for the sick and wounded in between, as well as teleport between worlds and planes at-will."

16. - Top - End - #106

SwashbucklerGuy

Usabhar sees no need to speak more words to Celestica. Her demonstration of her martial prowess is clearly enough that being at risk of attacks won't be a concern. He nods quietly in acceptance before turning to Rahja. He clearly takes appreciation at her serious response. Up until the very end of her explanation, he refuses to change his facial emotion. It's only when she says awaits judgement that he smiles subtly and speaks in a calm, mentoring tone. "You are beyond adequate Rahja. I just want you to promise that you will not stray to the front line for my sake. I have seen resurrection before and you have seen what came of that." the dwarf obviously refers to the general that had brought them all to this city in the first place.

"I would much rather avoid someone aside from myself from performing a stunt that may result in the loss of one's own life. We all appreciate your abilities and I owe you myself as your guardian for the sake of protection." He places his hand on Rahja's shoulder. His skin is like that of rock, almost frozen to the touch. It's a sign, though one that only scratches the surface, of what Usabhar's lands and the dwarves there are like, cold, calm, and stubborn. "Do not forget that on what will probably be a long crusade of liberation."
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-09-06 at 11:09 AM.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

Rahja gives an angelic smile, another clear sign of her heritage, placing a hand on his own. Of course, her body is not nearly as strong and resilient as Usabhar's, but he can feel that she still far outmatches any normal mortal, including dwarves. Yet her light skin is soft, flawless, soothing warmth flowing from her into Usabhar's icy hand. "I will not, paragon. My place is where I can aid all of you, not at the tip of the charge. Thank you."

For some reason, Rahja seems genuinely happy and relieved at being welcomed so warmly, not even trying to hide the fact. Even with what she did before, she doesn't take any of this for granted.

18. - Top - End - #108

So we can save many of my worlds before needing to rest, sealing the fissures on them, while neutralizing the fissures on many others. This is wonderful. Truly. He can barely suppress a smile.
    There is hope.

Though I still find it strange that this crack threatens this city alone, yet it is supposed to represent apocalyptic doom for the world. Maybe it was only a small splinter which if allowed to fester, would truly cover the world?

Travel between worlds is no trouble. As the High Lord of the Empire of the Eternal Eclipse, no doors are closed to me. Through my Portal Chamber, we can travel between my worlds, limited only by the physical distance between the portals themselves.

He looks towards the Golem.
    Tell the Eternals to expect me, and that I have found a lasting solution to the Fissure problem.

He looks back at the group
    For now though...I need to know I can trust you. I know I can trust her- The High Lord gestures to Celestica because i've known her for decades. I don't know you, I hope you can pardon me for feeling skeptical about allowing you to move through my Empire's most strategically critical points.

ASTRAL PLANE
    Spoiler
    Show

And I have further word from the High Lord. The young dragon says with a fair amount of giddiness.
    My father has found a lasting solution to the fissues, and has already saved a world. He said I should warn you to expect him to personally come through with a cohort of helpers.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2012-09-06 at 12:16 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

Ive known Usabhar for some time now, we've met in some of my side travels, and I performed in his home once or twice. So far, hes given me no reason to not trust him.
    And even though Ive only known Rahja for a short period of time, I know I can trust her. Call it woman's intuition, call it elvish intuition, but I have no thoughts that she would betray us.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

Looking up to gigantic Wero, Rahja answers firmly and openly. "I understand your concern. I only desire to help people and lessen their burden. I seek neither power, nor to bring war or bloodshed. I won't lie, I do not agree with some of your empire's practices and ideologies, but trying to disrupt it's leadership will only bring more misery to innocents and I do not want that. All I want is to heal the worlds that are suffering these attacks. As far as I am concerned, even one world falling, regardless of who it's inhabitants are, is one too many."

She looks Wero in the eye, filled with determination, speaking only the pure truth.

21. - Top - End - #111

SwashbucklerGuy

Usabhar looks to Celestica, then to Rahja, then nods at both before speaking to Wero in a regal tone that a king deserves to be addressed with. "High Lord, As Celestica says, she and I have met on several occasions. I seek to fight and bring an end to whatever chaos threatens your worlds and the worlds beyond. As what Rahja says, I cannot completely agree with all of your empire's traditions and ideals but the Empire of the Eternal Eclipse has shown to be a very stable kingdom; it's well more than I can say for many other so-called governments I have seen and heard of." He looks at Rahja once more before continuing. "A single world can easily house millions of people. To lose one world is a seriously crippling matter no matter what the planet was. To the very end I will fight those that seek destruction of the untold numbers that exist peacefully."

As he finishes, Usabhar's weapon flash in a bright light and disappear from where they were held on his metal strap. "As a test of my faith, I shall move through these critical points of the High Lord's unarmed barring immediate emergencies." He now awaits Wero's decision before doing anything else.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Astral Plane:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The eternals spring into action, spreading both instructions and the news that reinforcements may be on the way. As things move along and troops are mobilized, news begins to spread that Eclypsian worlds are starting to triumph on worlds with weaker creatures. Within 10 minutes, it is known that 5 worlds have closed and/or healed their cracks and 10 additional planets have contained the enemy menace away from the populace.
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!

23. - Top - End - #113

ASTRAL PLANE
    Spoiler
    Show
    As new information comes and goes, Prince Zurkar paces around, calm under pressure with a mechanical percision only an artificer used to multitasking could possibly mimic.
    Send my compliments to forces that were able to close or contain the cracks, and if it isn't already known that directly attacking the cracks neutralizes incursions, let it be known.

And can I get a list of planets that are losing ground against unusually strong incursions? We will need to prioritize which planets are in need of saving in the most efficient manner. Also, tell General Yoweth I recommend moving legions to worlds in need of assistance, for what it's worth. Not that she'll listen to me, she never listens to me.
    Master General Yowethegmar being Lord Wero's second-eldest daughter, and the absolute highest-ranking member in the Eclipsian armed forces.

Lord Wero had locked a critical gaze on Rahja as she made her promise. The latter being more than happy to return the gaze, all in all, the Purple Dragon detected no trace of deception or trickery in her. They are allowed to have a difference of opinion, Tiamat knows him and Chancellor Vorelogelend have had disagreements on numerous occasions, but it is what makes life interesting. Lord Wero simply didn't have draconic patience, however much he'd like others to realize. Mmmm...I do accept your charge. As I have said, I consider you to be indispensable in this endeavor, and I suspect when the Empire triumphs over this foe as it has countless others, and as it always shall, there are other worlds I suspect that command... for a brief moment, he fumbles around with an intelligible string of word-fragments. our attention. I have no doubt you saw the message in the sky.

He then does the same with Usabhar. Having detected no deception from him, he gives him a different message. Though as for you, I do do not doubt your words are sincere. However whether you intended it or not, you still must answer for having undermined my rule and authority. As High Lord of the Empire of the Eternal Eclipse I hold absolute authority over all aspects of existance within Eclipsian jurisdiction. As such, I sentence you to my service, to serve and protect my person as well as my family in such a manner as I see fit, until such a time as I deem otherwise. He pauses briefly. Within reason of course. Those under your charge are not pressed to my service.

Interesting. ANYWAYS.... The golem speaks again.
    Good news. 5 worlds are reporting having closed the cracks, while 10 are reporting having contained incursions. And within record time too. 10 minutes? That is FAST! I'm gathering a list of priority worlds, stand by.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

"Before we go, please excuse me for a moment so I can warn a few more worlds of this threat. Don't worry, I will make no mention of the Empire."

Retrieving her aspect mirror from her bag, Rahja activates it and contacts the mirror located on Dera within Selayna's sanctum, the center of the enormous tree that holds the remnants of a large piece of land aloft that has been ripped form the earth. The most sacred of sites of the Earthmother's Shield.

"Selayna, are you there?" Rahja waits for the Shield's leader to step in front of the aspect mirror, Selayna, the eldest of the nymphs of Dera (or rather, the Earthmother's Daughters), formerly known as the Winter Widow, old, weak, delirious and slowly dying, a shadow of her former glory, before Dera was healed, causing Selayna to be reborn and restored to the eternal, mesmerising prime of her life as the Spring Bride, her beauty, grace and power on Dera only second to Rahja's (though the latter would never say so). It was the nymph's idea for the Earthmother's Shield to support Rahja (Dera's chosen) and she has effectively become Haven's "second in command" (if there was a strict hierarchy).

Seeing her good friend brings a smile to Rahja's face. "It's good to see you. I need you to inform Haven of a grave development. Please listen closely. The plane itself is being damaged, leading to the sky of several worlds literally starting to crack. I mean this very literally. Dangerous beings invade these worlds through the cracks, attacking everything on sight. The cracks can be closed through physical harm until they are only scars and they can also be healed with magic. It is of absolute importance that the cracks are closed immediately and healed if possible. The invading creatures will immediately become inert once the cracks are closed and can be destroyed harmlessly. I am working with others to close cracks on several worlds. Worlds that are unable to close the cracks on their own are to contact you and me immediately. Please keep me informed about the states of the worlds where Haven is present. I am hoping with all my heart that everyone will be spared this horror."

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Astral Plane:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Reports continue coming in as troops are redistributed, outsiders teleport en masse, and scores of battles wage on across the empire. Even on planets with more powerful creatures, it would seem that the cracks are equally vulnerable. As such, matters of success and failure largely depend on the availability of flight to both sides of each conflict.

Yoweth, to her credit, does re-allocate the troops as required but focuses far more on high-priority worlds (even ones that are already winning) than high-risk worlds and seems quite insistent on only withdrawing once the final cracks on a world have been sealed. With the contributions from the outer planes, the size of the available army has been increased by at least half and the two deities seem to clear up worlds in only a few minutes for each. One way or another, the battle will be over before an hour has passed and the odds are looking greatly in your favor.

As far as You can tell, the only two planets at high immediate risk are Udor, the colonized moon of another gas giant, and the wasteland planet of Aegun. The former seems to be overrun with what are described as "floating, sentient mouths" while the latter contains voids of emptiness that suck the living inwards. While the voids are described as far stronger, the planet of Udor seems to be in more dire straights as it is almost completely defenseless. Its extra guards and Shadows were withdrawn early on in the conflict before cracks appeared in the sky and its remaining forces were caught unprepared.

With Yoweth continually fighting on other worlds, many of the men begin bypassing your Liaison to speak with you directly, especially as you are caught up to speed with current events.

Standing at opposite end of the chamber, a small contingent of Elite Soldiers waits at attention for Yoweth's next orders. This team is being kept out of the action presumably to rush to Emanacal the moment cracks appear or to Yoweth's side if things take a turn for the worse.

"A pleasure to speak to you," responds Selayna, waving to Rahja through the mirror. "We've seen the cracks and the creatures you speak of on a few worlds now, though not Dera. We discovered the scarification process thanks to a couple of our more eager recruits. That we can heal them, however, is welcome news to me. We'll open some gates to the positive energy planes and see what we can do. Do you need anything else?"
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2012-09-08 at 05:35 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116

ASTRAL PLANE
    Spoiler
    Show

Overall this is good news. Troops are being allocated swiftly and efficiently and successes drown out the bad news by incredible factors. Overall this looks like the most easily won major conflict ever, if only because they have spread their forces thin and allow themselves a great vulnerability. Speaking of vulnerability...

Tell Yoweth to not put a billion soldiers on one world. That leaves other worlds vulnerable, and the High Lord will have her head if Genehha is lost because it "didn't have cracks at the time." Genhenna being one of the first worlds the Empire gained a foothold on when it began to expand into the multiverse. At the moment it is a supremely dominant superpower on that world, and decades away from being Genhenna's sole government. It is largely a paradise planet that, thankfully, is one of the 23 worlds not afflicted with cracks, though Prince Zurkar questions how long that will last, if there is a possibility that Emanacal might soon experience cracks. And if he knows General Yoweth and her "drown them in men" military philosophy, a billion soldiers on one world is totally her modus-operandi.

Anyways, he looks over at the queue, a bit irritated that this means he'll have to spend longer time in the Astral Plane than he'd like. One useful thing about governing the Astral Plane holdings is that the Eternals govern themselves, all he has to do is say "yes" and "no" every now-and-then. Looking towards the first in the queue, he wants this to be done as quickly as possible.
    What do you need? Do be quick.

Okay. The golem speaks. Two worlds are in immediate need: Ugor and Aegun. The former is believed to be in more immediate need, its incursions are "floating, sentient mouths." I expect spellcasting or possibly truenaming abilities.

Hm, so my dear Master General is prioritizing worlds. Good for her.

((Also, Shadows are police, not military, though they can be of supplemental help.))
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2012-09-07 at 07:36 PM.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

CELESTICA

If Udor is defenseless, we should go there to help.
    Oh, and by the way, since Rahja proved the fissures are sealed with healing magic, I should point out that as a paladin, I possess a rather powerful healing ability. I dont know if it will work the same way, but since it comes from the same source, it should.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

28. - Top - End - #118

I would agree with that sentiment, and I am certain by omission, my son was guiding us towards that course of action anyways. He says with a slight mischievous glint in his eyes.

And...you would be correct. I can't tell you the geography as I haven't been myself, but I am told Udor is a habitable moon that orbits a gas giant.

Excellent. You should get moving now, I will linger behind to address my subjects. I will follow along shortly.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

Rahja nods to Celestica, confirming the truth of her words, before turning back to Selayna. "Excellent thinking on opening the gates. Please also watch worlds that have not experienced cracks yet, especially Dera, and stay on your guard, so we can react quickly if we need to. Tell the people that the gods themselves have stepped onto the Material Plane to seal the cracks and are bringing their forces as well, like Shelyn herself. We will get through this, my beloved friend. Please, take care, Selayna. I look forward to seeing you again."

After hearing the high nymph's answer, Rahja turns off the aspect mirror and puts it away again. The leader of the Earthmother's Shield has been Rahja's first true friend and early on a sort of mentor, especially with making the young aasimar learn to love life again, generally being a joy to be with and also having a fondness for the goddess Shelyn. Even despite her eternal duty and wisdom, Selayna at times is a bit amorous towards Rahja, often to tease her young friend a little or cheer her up with a bit of flattery, but given her nature and Rahja's connection to Dera, there is some genuine emotion behind it. So far, Rahja has neither refused nor accepted these playful advances, though she is thankful for for her brand of care.

"I agree that Ugor needs our attention first. Let us head to the portal chamber immediately."

30. - Top - End - #120

SwashbucklerGuy

Usabhar slowly and calmly nods to Wero as the dragon explains the dwarf's sentence. "Very well High Lord. Until you state otherwise, I am under your service to be your loyal and stalwart protector to yourself and your family." Protection is Usabhar's strong point in his line of work; aside from that he possibly needs to stay within Wero's sight, his service to the High Lord changes nothing about his plans. The cracks appearing around the Great Wheel are going to feel the paragon's might no matter what occurs. Nasiri goes to Usabhar's side and asks, "Paragon, if you are to travel the Great Wheel, let me come to your aid." Usabhar looks to Nasiri and gently brushes her head. "The need to say that shouldn't be so great Nasiri. Do not be so... Energetic about it however. This will be far worse than you've ever seen before."

Looking over to Rahja, Usabhar walks up next to her and waits for a moment to speak with Selayna. "Great nymph of Dera, may I ask for a moment of your time?" His tone is gruff but regal when speaking to Selayna. "If it is possible, I wish of you to watch my planet Wesslorne during my absence of it. It will eventually be attacked by the cracks that threaten the end of a planet's existence. The kingdom of Sargti is mighty but I will want to know of it's status in time. I must come to it's rescue if they may begin to become overrun." Though Usabhar places faith in the dwarves and frost giants that serve his kingdom, he can never fully believe that they will overcome everything without the paragon's assistance, At some point he'll also need to send Salin back there. At least for now he'll be among the rescued civilians.