New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 203536373839404142434445
Results 1,321 to 1,347 of 1347
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Thanqol Learns To Draw!

Not sure about revelations, but that's indeed a fairly cool looking picture. Lacking the effects that were supposed to cover up the hand (spellcasting, I presume), but looking great nevertheless.
    Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    ---------------------
    Current occupation: Considering drawing a better Psionic Flame avatar.
    ---------------------
    Skills: Competent Modder, Proficient Programmer, Accomplished RTD Game Master, Adequate Artist, Dabbling Writer
    ---------------------
    Join Dropbox! It's free! And useful!

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Mirrsen View Post
    Not sure about revelations, but that's indeed a fairly cool looking picture. Lacking the effects that were supposed to cover up the hand (spellcasting, I presume), but looking great nevertheless.
    The revelation is that I did all that colouring on a single layer.

That I didn't spend 45 minutes fussing over it to get each line clean, smooth and perfect. I embraced a little roughhousing with the picture, a little relaxation from fastidious smoothed linework, and it really worked out. That all feels like a genuine artistic breakthrough to me.

And yeah, the spell effect I did but it looked kinda rubbish and it'd take ages to get right so I nixed it. Oh well.

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Ogre in the Playground

That coloured drawing of the girl with the staff is amazing! The pose and proportions all look so natural* and I especially love the folds of the fabric.

* Except for that outstretched hand, but you already knew that, and who am I to complain about hands anyway.
    Further tips for improvement: See if you can't make hair look a bit more hairy and fluffy, as opposed to one solid mass. Now, the way you've got it hanging down is quite unexpectedly realistic (hair that long would have huge mass, but usually people still depict it being all floaty and feather-light), but it could really use some loose strands here and there being all free, you know what I mean? Especially seeing as the hair is only clasped all the way at the bottom, which means all those strands of hair that is only growing to be that length would be unrestrained.
    *Above post: Additional terms and restrictions may apply.
    My old OotS fanart
    My art on Instagram

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Dwarf in the Playground

A couple of tiny little monster psycho juvenile felines have been taking up all my time recently, because there are very few things harder than leaving two purring kittens who look at you with big sad eyes and start mewing for you to come back whenever you start to leave. Here, have a picture:

Spoiler
    Show

On a non-kitten related note, I really like your most recent piece. The anatomy looks pretty sound, and it's got some details but not too many, and I can really get a sense of her personality. I think that the new coloring works great. The slight roughness of it gives it some nice texture and life. The cityscape drawing you're working on is also really nice. I'm a big fan of that color scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    The revelation is that I did all that colouring on a single layer.

That I didn't spend 45 minutes fussing over it to get each line clean, smooth and perfect. I embraced a little roughhousing with the picture, a little relaxation from fastidious smoothed linework, and it really worked out. That all feels like a genuine artistic breakthrough to me.
    Oh man, I remember when I realized how much easier everything was for me to just have all the coloring in a single layer, except for maybe the background. It's different for every artist, but I found that everything became so much easier and less rigid.

On the topic of not fussing over every line and trying to make them all smooth and perfect . . . I certainly consider that to be a very important artistic breakthrough. That's what the sketching I was talking about a while back is all about, actually. Not caring if the lines are pretty or perfect, just getting them down on paper, getting the shape and movement in.

On the topic of sketching, there's another method of sketching that I use in digital art that you might find useful, if you don't use it already. I've heard it called "lineless sketching" or "colored sketching," and it's basically where you take a fairly big brush in your art program of choice, and just start slapping down color. You figure out where the light hits and what the shapes are with the colors and the form of your brushstrokes, rather than with lines. Usually, I use a gradient that matches the general colors that I want the background to be and put that on a background layer, and then make a new layer for the main subject(s), and just start trying to get the shape and color of it down. Then I work at refining those shapes in the same way that I refine the lines of a sketch, only I take this all the way to completion. I use a rectangular brush for this because it makes sharp lines easier, but round brushes work as well.

I'm fighting against imaginary perfect me and he's a jerk.
    I'm pretty sure that's something that almost every artist has to deal with--I know that I do. You summed it up perfectly . One of the great struggles of art is learning to tell imaginary perfect you to shut up and go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Yes. Yes you really, really do, if you've never seen it.

On top of the brilliant characterisation, drama, humour and plot, it has some of the most intense starship battles I've ever seen. I mean literally edge-of-your-seat, even-though-you've-known-what-happens-for-twenty-years intense.

(That's just about my highest praise.)

Also, that One Moment with Vir Coto (in season four). I won't say more, so as not to spoil it, but there's One Moment that makes the entire series worthwhile for that moment alone. You'll know it when you see it.
    Oh my god, that One Moment. That . . . that was honestly probably the most amazing moment in any TV series that I have ever seen. It was awesome.

And I completely agree on everything else. Speaking of B5 having the most amazing battle scenes ever, I found this B5 fanvid on YouTube earlier today. It seems appropriate.

My deviantART account: link.

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Posted what? O_o
    Sorry. Solipsistic time magic.
    Specifically, about a week ago I started playing with your hair, complimenting you. It caught up to you yesterday.

Day 358: Legendary

Took an attempt at drawing Amy Acre, a NPC from my Waiting For Rain game (don't worry about spoilers). Succeeded in a big way - I'm very happy with this and the form I used to draw this. It's a deliberate avoidance of detail perfectionism. Will almost certainly colour this.

Ignore that one hand, it'll be covered by SFX

Links

Time: 1 hour
    Music: Party With Pinkie [VIP]
    Holy ****.

With any luck!

Day 359: Learning The Ropes

This picture was a revelation. In terms of style, in terms of basic technique. I finally learned a new method for doing linework that's amazing. I finally learned to stop sweating the small stuff and trying to get my pictures pixel-perfect. I broke a whole bunch of time consuming and useless habits. And I made something cool along the way.

Today was a success.

Links

Time: 1 hour
    Music: Learning The Ropes
    [Buy Some Apples].
    My consolation prize is in knowing this thread will still be here, full of resources, when I get the equipment for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Silviya View Post
    A couple of tiny little monster psycho juvenile felines have been taking up all my time recently, because there are very few things harder than leaving two purring kittens who look at you with big sad eyes and start mewing for you to come back whenever you start to leave. Here, have a picture:

Spoiler
    Show
    There's an hour OC my life gone. Kittiiiiieeee~

Oh man, I remember when I realized how much easier everything was for me to just have all the coloring in a single layer, except for maybe the background. It's different for every artist, but I found that everything became so much easier and less rigid.
    Remarkably valid. Even thinking about how that would work tangibly relaxed me.
    Art isn't in perfection. It's in bull****ting. So long as the end result is art, Thanqol, the minutia don't matter. [/hypocrisy]

On the topic of not fussing over every line and trying to make them all smooth and perfect . . . I certainly consider that to be a very important artistic breakthrough. That's what the sketching I was talking about a while back is all about, actually. Not caring if the lines are pretty or perfect, just getting them down on paper, getting the shape and movement in.

On the topic of sketching, there's another method of sketching that I use in digital art that you might find useful, if you don't use it already. I've heard it called "lineless sketching" or "colored sketching," and it's basically where you take a fairly big brush in your art program of choice, and just start slapping down color. You figure out where the light hits and what the shapes are with the colors and the form of your brushstrokes, rather than with lines. Usually, I use a gradient that matches the general colors that I want the background to be and put that on a background layer, and then make a new layer for the main subject(s), and just start trying to get the shape and color of it down. Then I work at refining those shapes in the same way that I refine the lines of a sketch, only I take this all the way to completion. I use a rectangular brush for this because it makes sharp lines easier, but round brushes work as well.
    Could you maybe do a picture, and take a bunch of screen captures on the way? This sounds very good, but done of it eludes me without examples.
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2012-05-11 at 06:12 AM.

6. - Top - End - #1326

Quote Originally Posted by Kaytara View Post
    That coloured drawing of the girl with the staff is amazing! The pose and proportions all look so natural* and I especially love the folds of the fabric.

* Except for that outstretched hand, but you already knew that, and who am I to complain about hands anyway.
    Further tips for improvement: See if you can't make hair look a bit more hairy and fluffy, as opposed to one solid mass. Now, the way you've got it hanging down is quite unexpectedly realistic (hair that long would have huge mass, but usually people still depict it being all floaty and feather-light), but it could really use some loose strands here and there being all free, you know what I mean? Especially seeing as the hair is only clasped all the way at the bottom, which means all those strands of hair that is only growing to be that length would be unrestrained.
    Ah, very good point. Normally I'd do such but I was deliberately stepping away from my normal style with that piece so I decided not to. I'll re-adopt the practise.

Quote Originally Posted by Silviya View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    *arms in air* KITTY!*

On a non-kitten related note, I really like your most recent piece. The anatomy looks pretty sound, and it's got some details but not too many, and I can really get a sense of her personality. I think that the new coloring works great. The slight roughness of it gives it some nice texture and life. The cityscape drawing you're working on is also really nice. I'm a big fan of that color scheme.
    Grand, grand, thank you

You know, this breakthrough was directly inspired by a commission I had done recently. The artist include a full resolution version, and I kind of stared at the detailing for a while, wondering how something that was so, well, sloppy close up could look so good zoomed out.

I still get commissions from time to time even though one of the stated goals of this project is getting to the point where I can produce the pictures in my head without paying someone. There's a lot I can learn from watching and working closely with someone.

I actually think I've done this a few times; that's what I call Pure Paints. I usually sketch out some boxes for the general area of the picture in blue pencil and then do everything else in pure colour. Here's some examples of pictures I've done that style

I'm pretty sure that's something that almost every artist has to deal with--I know that I do. You summed it up perfectly . One of the great struggles of art is learning to tell imaginary perfect you to shut up and go away.
    He's fine to have around so long as he has me producing things and getting better rather than paralysed with doubt and insecurity. I'm generally in firm enough control of my mind to partition artistic disappointment from the rest of my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Holy ****.

[Buy Some Apples].
    My consolation prize is in knowing this thread will still be here, full of resources, when I get the equipment for this.
    What's that? The sweet sounds of envy? Sounds like victory.

Remarkably valid. Even thinking about how that would work tangibly relaxed me.
    Art isn't in perfection. It's in bull****ting. So long as the end result is art, Thanqol, the minutia don't matter. [/hypocrisy]
    Increasingly becoming to realise it. But I feel - *pauses while a random crank call comes through. Thanqol switches to troll mode and starts describing in lurid detail the sexual prowess of his beefcake manservant until the cranker gets disturbed and hangs up* - that you're right.

Gosh that crank call came at the narratively appropriate moment.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2012-05-11 at 06:58 AM.

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry. Solipsistic time magic.
    Specifically, about a week ago I started playing with your hair, complimenting you. It caught up to you yesterday.
    Daww. Thanks?

What's that? The sweet sounds of envy? Sounds like victory.
    Does it taste like napalm?
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

8. - Top - End - #1328

3:20 of this video through to about 7:10. This thread and my super power in a nutshell.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2012-05-12 at 02:19 AM.

9. - Top - End - #1329

Day 360: 13

Drew a pony.

Links

Time: 45 minutes
    Music: Friendship is Magic for Orchestra

10. - Top - End - #1330

...and it is a fairly pretty pony.

Happy Three Hundred Sixty Days of Drawing, Thanqol.

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Story Time View Post
    Hee. Seconded.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

12. - Top - End - #1332

Happy Three Hundred Sixty Days of Drawing, Thanqol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Hee. Seconded.
    Glad you think so!

Day 361: Rebuttal

Unfortunately, starting a major write project directly cuts into the drawschedule. Only got so much time to create every day.

Modelled directly off a Dr McNinja panel.

Links

Time: 30 mins
    Music: Clocks
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2012-05-13 at 05:51 AM.

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Banned

Glad you think so!

Day 361: Rebuttal

Unfortunately, starting a major write project directly cuts into the drawschedule. Only got so much time to create every day.

Modelled directly off a Dr McNinja panel.

Links

Time: 30 mins
    Music: Clocks
    Fist is off.
    The fist is crossing our field of vision directly perpendicular, while the target is flying backward at an angle. even with a haymaker or hook you're not going to get that reaction.

Off the top of my languishing art skill, you could draw a medium-large circle, with a medium one overlapping it but to the left and up a bit (smaller circle encompasses top left quadrant of big circle). Connect the non-overlapping parts with lines; that's your forearm pointing towards the target. Then add a fist in excruciating detail, erase the detail where it's covered by the arm, and swear about wasting twenty minutes instead of sawing some lumps and a line.

Finí!

14. - Top - End - #1334

wow, I noticed that you are approaching a year in your endeavor. now is the time to reflect and compare. Take a look at your day 1 drawing and then look at your latest. See the improvments? you have come a long way.

what's changed? is it an improvement? where do you think you still should work on? is there any habit that has been established?

your lines straighter? your curves smoother? how about time? Do you remember how long it use to take?

where to go from here? if you choose to continue.

I must say I am sorry I haven't been keeping track so I don't have much advice. However, here is one thing I think you should try next.

Line composition - increase the thickness and width of the lines at certain points, it makes your curves fuller and addes some depth and texture to your line drawings. One of the things in some comics and cartoons is to use thicker lines on the outer edge of a line drawing. makes it pop out from the paper.
    Have your line end at sharp points and rounded ends, depending on the drawing.
    Last edited by Kairaven; 2012-05-14 at 06:25 AM.
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

15. - Top - End - #1335

Fist is off.
    The fist is crossing our field of vision directly perpendicular, while the target is flying backward at an angle. even with a haymaker or hook you're not going to get that reaction.

Off the top of my languishing art skill, you could draw a medium-large circle, with a medium one overlapping it but to the left and up a bit (smaller circle encompasses top left quadrant of big circle). Connect the non-overlapping parts with lines; that's your forearm pointing towards the target. Then add a fist in excruciating detail, erase the detail where it's covered by the arm, and swear about wasting twenty minutes instead of sawing some lumps and a line.

Finí!
    *Nod nod* Will reflect and investigate

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    wow, I noticed that you are approaching a year in your endeavor. no wis that time to reflect and compare. Take a look at your day 1 drawing and then look at your latest. See the improvments? you have come a long way.

what's changed? is it an improvement? where do you think you still should work on? is there any habit that has been established?

your lines straighter? your curves smoother? how about time? Do you remember how long it use to take?
    Ultimately, I think what I've gained most has been familiarity. I still haven't settled into my ideal arrangement and every day I experiment with at least one new thing. What I've appreciated must about this project is that I haven't left perpetual learning mode. I said a hundred or so days ago that, by that point, if I picked a style and stuck to it then I'd probably be reasonable at that style by now but I'd be a much worse off artist overall.

I like challenging my ideas and habits day by day. My lines did get smother and then, a few days ago, I experimented with very rough lines and it worked out great - now I've got another tool to my arsenal. I don't like thinking in progress I've made towards specific goals, I like thinking about what I learned today. Each day I can point to one unique thing, say, "I learned this", and claim victory.

And ultimately, I treasure that. There are times of our lives that would just go by in blurs, the daily grind, things happen and it all just blurs together in the indistinct past. Today if someone asks me what I did three months ago, I can say, "I got better". Every day is measurably worth something.

where to go from here? if you choose to continue.
    I chose to continue. I chose to make this a permanent part of my life, a daily ritual I shall carry out for as long as I have the ability to do so. This road has no end.

I must say I am sorry I haven't been keeping track so I don't have much advice. However, here is one thing I think you should try next.
    I'm actually really happy you stopped by to comment - I still treasure the original Mask avatar you drew for me and all that eventually came to mean. I still make it policy to go back to it time to time.

Line composition - increase the thickness and width of the lines at certain points, it makes your curves fuller and addes some depth and texture to your line drawings. One of the things in some comics and cartoons is to use thicker lines on the outer edge of a line drawing. makes it pop out from the paper.
    Have your line end at sharp points and rounded ends, depending on the drawing.
    I admit, I have not got the hang of getting my lines to reliably end in sharp/rounded points, probably due to lack of familiarity with all my brush settings, and it's probably laziness which stops me from rapidly switching line weights as I'm doing a single picture. I shall add it to the practise schedule, thank you.

Day 362: Requesssssst

For Bakuel, a quick Minimalism sketch. Deadlines creeping up, art time on a momentary downswing. Probably won't have time to relax properly for another two weeks.

I do quite like how the eyes turned out. Not completely sold on the hair. Hmm.

Time: 30 minutes
    Music: The Prismriver Sisters
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2012-05-14 at 06:37 AM.

16. - Top - End - #1336

I admit, I have not got the hang of getting my lines to reliably end in sharp/rounded points, probably due to lack of familiarity with all my brush settings, and it's probably laziness which stops me from rapidly switching line weights as I'm doing a single picture. I shall add it to the practise schedule, thank you.
    just to illustrate what I mean, here is an old line drawing of Berry Ann I had

Spoiler
    Show

I use the outline trick here, it's not perfect cause I am using paint, but imagine if I just used pencils to make the outline thicker.

See what I mean by pop out? it's a quick and simple trick used by cartoonists. of course you don't have to make the outlines as thick as I did here, as long as it's slightly thicker outside than the lines you used on the whole drawing.
    Last edited by Kairaven; 2012-05-14 at 07:33 AM.
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

17. - Top - End - #1337

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    just to illustrate what I mean, here is an old line drawing of Berry Ann I had

Spoiler
    Show

I use the outline trick here, it's not perfect cause I am using paint, but imagine if I just used pencils to make the outline thicker.

See what I mean by pop out? it's a quick and simple trick used by cartoonists. of course you don't have to make the outlines as thick as I did here, as long as it's slightly thicker outside than the lines you used on the whole drawing.
    Cool, cool-cool-cool. Will investigate.

Day 363: On The Fifth Day, There Was Pain

Good gracious these worked out all right. Got me out of a small bit of an art funk, doing these.

Links
    Two
    Three

Time: ~45 minutes
    Music: Jeeves and Wooster Electroswing

18. - Top - End - #1338
    Ettin in the Playground

Music: Jeeves and Wooster Electroswing
    You're welcome.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

19. - Top - End - #1339

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    You're welcome.
    Double thanks for the Where's Your Wonderland link, that album is pure Changeling inspiration.

Day 364: The Ancient Pact

Just some practise with some Changeling characters [Yes, be prepared for random acts of shipping]. Mediocre overall, but good practise and a lot of tricky parts to it.

Links

Time: 40 minutes
    Music: Too Clever By Half
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2012-05-16 at 04:22 AM.

20. - Top - End - #1340

Day 365: Betrayal

Once, there was a pony who learned to trust.

Big mistake.

Links

Time: 45 minutes
    Music: This Is How It Goes

21. - Top - End - #1341

...sad things...are sad. I should really rant about how art is a philosophical tool to share feelings and meaning with others and how, "With great power comes great responsibility."

On top of all that is the question, "Is such a negative subject really the best choice for Day Three Hundred Sixty Five of drawing?"

But...the art itself is pretty clean, neat, and evocative ( of a sort ).

Maybe Thanqol is just celebrating the ability to put a mask on a pony's face... But really the general visual concept is good, it's just the theme that I'm bothered by.

Progress, Thanqol. Progress.

22. - Top - End - #1342

...sad things...are sad. I should really rant about how art is a philosophical tool to share feelings and meaning with others and how, "With great power comes great responsibility."

On top of all that is the question, "Is such a negative subject really the best choice for Day Three Hundred Sixty Five of drawing?"
    Day 365 isn't the achievement picture. It's a leap year. Day 366 is the achievement. I'm not even sure I should celebrate it at all. In the words of Terry Pratchett, "Either every day is holy or none of them are".

Art should make you feel. This picture was drawn in response to a feeling I had. I don't have any responsibility to make people happy with my art. I think if I have a responsibility, it's to be honest with it. It's communication, like my other attempts at communication. I want to tell you a story, and it might not be the story you want to hear.

Also, my very first tablet drawing was this. I liked the balance, the reflection, of seeing how far I'd come.

But...the art itself is pretty clean, neat, and evocative ( of a sort ).

Maybe Thanqol is just celebrating the ability to put a mask on a pony's face... But really the general visual concept is good, it's just the theme that I'm bothered by.

Progress, Thanqol. Progress.
    Mask has always been a tragic character in my mind, and of my mind. I can't make excuses for that. Sad things make me happy. It's voyeuristic and introspective at the same time.

There are cycles. Through my drawing project, I drew Mask with that red/gold/orange hair more and more frequently. I stepped away from her original appearance and into my own design. As this was happening, she got more and more open, more and more talkative, more and more trusting.

And then she got hurt and she's trying to retreat back into herself, retreat back to the way she was. Undo all her growth and experiences because it'd be easier than facing the pain. She's trying to backslide. But she can't. Those lessons she learned, the things she did, the path she took to become a better pony can't be undone that easily. When you cut and bind something, something has changed. The thickness is different. That old life is forever changed by the presence of the new. She can't turn back the clock.

And now she's going to have to step forwards again, knowing that she can't go backwards. She can't keep on the path she knew. Something has to change. She's going to have to start moving again, even through the pain and the sorrow.

Just like I couldn't undo the year of improvement by going back to my original subject, neither can she. We've got no way out but forwards. Together.

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Ogre in the Playground

Big mistake.

Links
    D'aaaawwwwww! She just wants a hug!

Comments on the picture (as oppose to the art): she's got a giant-fluffy-squirrel-ish tail happening there. Maybe she should switch to a different shampoo? And I know it's a cliché, but...

24. - Top - End - #1344
    Ettin in the Playground

Big mistake.

Links
    You'd think that pony, of all ponies, would have known better than to trust an actor. And therein's the rub, isn't it? Trust Invites Betrayal, and the gods are capricious and only want to be entertained.

Darn it, Thanqol. Now I see the world through an Arcadian lens, and we are the Gentry to the characters we create.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

25. - Top - End - #1345

Quote Originally Posted by Dexam View Post
    D'aaaawwwwww! She just wants a hug!

Comments on the picture (as oppose to the art): she's got a giant-fluffy-squirrel-ish tail happening there. Maybe she should switch to a different shampoo? And I know it's a cliché, but...
    Mask's tail is super giant and fluffy by design.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    You'd think that pony, of all ponies, would have known better than to trust an actor. And therein's the rub, isn't it? Trust Invites Betrayal, and the gods are capricious and only want to be entertained.

Darn it, Thanqol. Now I see the world through an Arcadian lens, and we are the Gentry to the characters we create.
    Ah, what cruel things we do to our toys.

Day 366: End Of Year One

So a milestone has been reached. I made it a year.

It's been a good year. A long year. I've come a long way. You can see that progress in a video I made here.

But I feel curiously serene. At peace. Not proud, or smug, or arrogant. I haven't achieved a goal. I've discovered a lifestyle. This is who I am now.

Art is a part of me.

Forever.

Links

Time: One Year
    Music: Silence

26. - Top - End - #1346

And it's time for a new thread.

Thank you, everyone who took the time to post or comment or request or anything else. Thank you to everyone who took the time to lurk. Your presence means more than you know.

27. - Top - End - #1347
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Thumbs up Re: Thanqol Learns To Draw!

Hey I hope you find this tutorial helpful.. How To Draw realistic faces

The concept is for drawing realistically but can also apply to any drawings! If you master the two techniques that were mentioned.. Observe and Draw.. :)
    Last edited by mrmaquilan; 2012-07-24 at 08:45 AM.