New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Random Places and Plots 4

[Harnel's Birthday Party]

"Adir is a great dancer." Sakura nods sagely.
    >.> <.<
    She doesn't believe it for a second. They still need to get daning lessons after all.

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Mount Anthor]

Hildur hears the singing, and it just barely manages to calm her down enough to realize it might be beneficial to her long-term health to follow it, assuming she recognizes it.

Actually, even if she doesn't recognize it, Hildur follows the singing. Still blindly running, which isn't very smart.

3. - Top - End - #1383

[Mount Anthor - Fleeing From a Yeti!]

Ruuuun!

Except running is hard because of the snow! So trudge quickly instead!

Trude quickleeeeeee!

As Hildur rushes blindly forward she'll soon be met by a golden glow that pushes back the snow storm! Up ahead is the Abbey! And Sister Agatha is singing!

That golden aura has solidified around her in the form of a brilliant halo whilst rays of light extend from behind her in a fashion reminiscent of wings. Her song drives away the wind and the snow!

But then the yeti lunges at Hildur!

Oh noooo! Will it devour her? Will she duck under its horrible claws in time? Or will she get bapped and knocked silly?
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

4. - Top - End - #1384

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Adventure!]

That IS a pretty dirty way to fight for a knight.

One guy gurgles as his throat is slashed.

And the other?

He begins to flail around in a blind panic whilst screaming about spiders crawling all over him.

Sadei, meanwhile, is humming a familiar tune to anyone who ever went to kindergarten. One about very small arachnids that like to climb drain-pipes.

The guy covered in illusionary spiders will eventually collapse on the ground, twitching in the fetal position.

Poor guy. Better than being dead though.

[Abbey]

"Great! Hehe, you usually don't get up this early, do you?" Sister Agatha laughs. "I noticed that when I was in that big city. Most people were really sleepy when the sun still wasn't up yet!"
    Adventure!

Sticking to the grounds around the outside of the camp he searches for where they would likely hold hostages. I.E. He's totally guessing where to look for the girl.

((Could we get a description of the bandit camp? I believe we haven't been given yet.))
    Last edited by OrchestraHc; 2012-04-13 at 10:42 PM.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

5. - Top - End - #1385

[Mount Anthor - Yeti]

Hildur only ends up underneath the yeti's claws through sheer luck, tripping over either something in the snow or her own feet. Still desperate to be not dead, she does her best to scramble up to her feet and keep trudging fast.

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Outside the Clinic]

"Judge it by how well you did compared to the others. did you strike more hits? more powerful hits? Were you better at keeping someone from attacking you? That's what I'm asking."
    "I wasn't hit hardly at all, sir," E11 says, knowing that's a generally a good thing for combat, so he sounds proud. "I hit E20 and E41. Several times. Knocked them down, sir."

E11 reaches up to start taking off his helmet. Several clamps are removed, and there's the hiss of an internal oxygen system venting.

"I think my side has been bruised, sir," Wait a moment, that voice doesn't sound right. The deep, muffled tones from before have become light and feminine. Her helmet comes off, and E11 looks at Evan with an expression that seems to be seeking approval. Just by looking at her neck and face it's easy to tell that E11 is a small creature. She's bald, with thin features and bright blue eyes. The large, powerful-looking armor seems to be a facade. "My armor is fine."

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post

Harnel rolls his eyes, "I'm afraid that one's your problem, Adir," and he sits back down, clearly amused by where all this is going.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Harnel's Birthday Party

Cessie shoots another stare at Adir, this wasn't exactly what she had planned. "Do you waltz Adir? I fear it really won't be much of a dance at all in this state." The idea of physical activity wasn't too tempting right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post

"Adir is a great dancer." Sakura nods sagely.
    >.> <.<
    She doesn't believe it for a second. They still need to get daning lessons after all.
    "I can waltz," Adir says with a grin. He and Sakura did practice with that video. All of one time.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-04-14 at 06:02 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

7. - Top - End - #1387

[Adventure!]

The bandit camp itself is a bit hard to see. Mostly because it's up in that big craggy rock somewhere. No doubt there's a cave at the base of the crag that leads up into the camp!

And probably more people guarding that entrance.

People who may or may not be more competent than these two.

When being quiet is mentioned Sadei raises one hand tentatively. "I quieted everything. Didn't you notice?"

C'mon!

Give the girl some credit.

[Mount Anthor - YETI!]

Hildur narrowly avoids getting cut to ribbons by the yeti!

Sister Clare suddenly stands in the monster's path and with a whisper of, "Justice~" prods the raging beast in the chest with two fingers.

First there's a crunching sound as the fur around the point of contact begins to twist.

And then all at once the yeti is launched spiraling backwards as though it had just been fired out of a cannon! Probably with enough force to hurl it clean off the mountain. If the impact didn't kill it the fall no doubt will.

"Are you okay Hildur?" Agatha asks, hoping down into the snow to help her friend up.

8. - Top - End - #1388

[Mount Anthor - Mo More Yeti]

"No, I'm not," Hildur moans as she's helped up. Physically, she's fine, of course, she did manage to evade getting killed, but her pride's been stung a bit. "I feel so useless." Agatha will probably notice that Hildur's eyes are tearing up a bit.
    Last edited by Devixer; 2012-04-14 at 07:47 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1389

[Mount Anthor - Yeti Be Gone]

"Ooooh... please don't cry!" Sister Agatha pleads as soon as she notices Hildur's eyes fogging up. "No one is useless! The Emperor is kind enough to give everyone talents that they can use to help others! Sometimes it just takes a while to learn what yours are."

Unless Hildur declines Agatha will begin leading her back to the Abbey. Clare is glaring off into the distance even as the snow storm begins to die down. "A bear tainted by Discord," she mutters. "Such creatures shouldn't be here..."

Wuh oh!

Something must be up!

Probably something nefarious. The Nexus seems to conspire to make peaceful places less peaceful.

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Adventure!]

"I'm afraid not my lady, I was somewhat distracted by killing this man." The knight looks down at the dead bandit. "I didn't want to take any risks, I don't feel as confident in my own skills in this form. My armor and sword feels heavier, out of balance..." The knight shakes his/her head sadly. Such a waste of life.

"Alright, then you should know it's the man who starts." Cessie says while slowly standing up from the table, her stomach swelling outwards in nearly every direction.

"Offer me a dance." She needs in the stag's direction.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-04-14 at 09:16 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1391

[Mount Anthor - Lack of Yetis]

"I've only ever had one talent in my life, and it's never helped anyone," Hildur says as she's led to the Abbey, sniffling a little. She doesn't listen to Clare that much, though she is a little confused at why she would've been attacked on what was supposed to be consecrated ground.
    Last edited by Devixer; 2012-04-14 at 09:21 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Halfling in the Playground

"Of course," Adir stands and approaches Cessie. In his best 'suave' voice, and with his most idiotic grin, Adir asks, "May I... have this dance?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

13. - Top - End - #1393

[Abbey]

Hildur will be lead back inside and Sister Agatha will fetch her a bucket of war water to put her feet in. Dashing around blindly like that in the snow usually leaves one rather cold.

"You only have one talent that you know of," Agatha corrects. "The Emperor would never leave anyone totally useless to others. That isn't His way."

...course she doesn't seem to be considering that Hildur is from another world and all.

"Maybe we can teach you some things to make you feel a little less useless?" Agatha offers. "Not even Nun stuff. You would have to become a Sister for that. But something that anyone can do with a little practice and proper guidance."

Oooh...

Might that be interesting?

14. - Top - End - #1394

[Abbey]

Hildur takes off her boots and dips her feet into the bucket. She manages a smile at Agatha's words, even if she doesn't quite believe them.

But when Agatha asks about Hildur learning some things, and she doesn't think about it much. Though she doesn't say anything, the nod she gives is probably sufficient.

15. - Top - End - #1395

[Abbey]

Nods totally count.

Agatha nods too!

"Okay! I'll be right back!" she replies before hurrying off!

....the water is nice. Warm and steamy.

True to her word Agatha returns shortly carrying a small stone shaped like a little four-sided pyramid. Would look quite a bit like a d4 if Hildur was the sort to place games that used oddly shaped dice. Each face is a different shimmering, glassy color. One red. One blue. One green. And one yellow.

Agatha holds it out to Hildur for the snowboarder to take.

16. - Top - End - #1396

[Abbey]

Hildur stays in thought until Agatha returns with the strange stone in hand. She takes the stone, and turns it to see each side. "What is this?" she asks.

17. - Top - End - #1397

[Abbey]

"A touchstone," Sister Agatha replies. "I'm hoping it'll still work for you since you aren't from our world. Even if it doesn't then we can try something else!"

What does the touchstone do?

Well... For a person from the Empyreum a touchstone would reveal their elemental inclination based on how it reacts to their touch. Mostly by changing color, whether to a single color in the case of the four Cardinal Elements (earth, fire, wind, and water) or a pair of colors in the case of the six Sidereal Elements (sand, ice, wood, metal, lightning, and mist).

Or...

It might just do nothing.

Depends on whether Hildur is the sort of person who carries her world's physics with her or adapts to new worlds.

18. - Top - End - #1398

[Abbey]

"Oh, okay then." Though Hildur still isn't entirely sure what she's doing, she takes one of her gloves off so she can actually hold the stone.

After a few moments, she's shocked as the whole stone turns to the color representing wind (I think it's yellow?) "I, um, I think that's a good thing?"

19. - Top - End - #1399

[Abbey]

Yay wind!

Rebo would have bet on ice given Hildur's love of snowboarding.

Anywho!

Agatha grins a rather silly grin. "It is! This means you can use a focus!"

Yay! A focus! What's that?

"Touchstones change color when someone holds them. They're made of a perfect balance of all four Cardinal elements, so they'll shift in reaction to becoming just a little off-balance," Agatha then reaches out to take the stone and hold it herself.

And after sitting in her hand for a little while it changes from four colors to swirling of two. "See? Yellow and blue. That means I'm aligned with ice."

She'll then plop it back into Hildur's hand. "Yellow means you're aligned with wind."

20. - Top - End - #1400

[Abbey]

The way Hildur snowboards, she's in the air just as often as on the snow. I don't know, it made sense to me.

Hildur is a little surprised by the sudden fact that she's aligned with an element. "So, what does that mean for me? How can I use this focus?"

21. - Top - End - #1401

[Abbey]

Agatha smiles a rather mischievous smile. "It means the Emperor gave you other talents that you can use to help people. You'll just need to learn how to use them!"

Woohoo!

Not being helpless!

"A touchstone is a really weak focus. It's good for learning basics. But if you're really interested in getting we would need to get you a focus made of Gossamer," Agatha replies. "But the touchstone will do for now!"

Hmm...

Wonder how she learned all this stuff?

"Try blowing. But instead of blowing through your mouth, try to blow through the stone. It's... well... kind of hard to explain. But once you manage to do that come tell me! I have some work I have to see to! Bye!"

And with that she's off!

Leaving Hildur alone to practice.

It'll probably take some time to figure out how to perform even such a simple task.

22. - Top - End - #1402

[Abbey]

Hildur has absolutely no idea where to begin with what she was just told to do. Blow through a stone? How in the world was that supposed to work? Unfortunately, Agatha's gone before she can ask any sort of question.

She removes her feet from the bucket of water so that she can pace around while staring at the touchstone. How could she go about this? For now, she just focuses as hard as she can on the stone, to see if she can even feel anything.

23. - Top - End - #1403

[Abbey]

The stone feels like a stone.

It also feels vaguely like an extension of Hildur's own body.

But...

Vaguely.

Weakly.

Like Agatha said, a real focus would be required to do anything beyond the basics. This thing is just a diagnostic tool, honestly. While it can suffice for learning the simplest aspects of Shaping it really won't get her very far.

But you've got to start somewhere!

24. - Top - End - #1404

[Abbey]

"Huh," Hildur mutters to herself. That felt... weird. Not bad, just strange. Maybe she could actually do something with this.

Experimenting a little, she breathes in, and then rather than breathing out, tries to push the air to the stone instead. She feels silly doing it, and it probably won't actually result in anything.

25. - Top - End - #1405

[Abbey]

Nothing.

Hildur notices nothing.

But maybe that's because she had no way to tell whether or not her little endeavor had actually worked or not? If there was a breeze from the stone it would have been too insignificant to feel.

However...

Maybe if she got something to try blowing over?

Like a bit of paper, perhaps?

26. - Top - End - #1406

[Abbey]

Hildur is a little disheartened when she doesn't feel anything, and it takes her a few minutes to realize she might just need to affect something else with a tiny breeze. With that in mind, she grabs her last granola bar from her backpack and unwraps it.

While eating it, she flattens the wrapper as best as she can, and folds it in order to set it on the floor. Hildur lays down, touchstone still in hand, and tries again, this time trying to blow over the wrapper.

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post

"Of course," Adir stands and approaches Cessie. In his best 'suave' voice, and with his most idiotic grin, Adir asks, "May I... have this dance?"

Cessie barely manages to hold back the laughter as she says, "You may." With a smile, accepting the stag's hand, or at least the hand she expects he will offer. If he does she will put her other hand on the back of his neck.

Then they will dance, or at least attempt to do so if Adir is able. Cessie is somewhat encumbered by her nine months pregnant belly though so she isn't all that agile either.

28. - Top - End - #1408

[Abbey]

Now we're getting somewhere!

Okay...

Just...

Blow.

Nothing.

Nothing.

Still no- wait.

Wait, the wrapper just moved a little.

29. - Top - End - #1409

[Abbey]

Hildur sees the wrapping move just a tiny bit, and it helps her on her confidence issue, and she focuses even more on the touchstone and trying to get the wrapper knocked over. She still has little to no idea what she's doing, but she hopes she's at least doing whatever it is well.

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "I wasn't hit hardly at all, sir," E11 says, knowing that's a generally a good thing for combat, so he sounds proud. "I hit E20 and E41. Several times. Knocked them down, sir."

E11 reaches up to start taking off his helmet. Several clamps are removed, and there's the hiss of an internal oxygen system venting.

"I think my side has been bruised, sir," Wait a moment, that voice doesn't sound right. The deep, muffled tones from before have become light and feminine. Her helmet comes off, and E11 looks at Evan with an expression that seems to be seeking approval. Just by looking at her neck and face it's easy to tell that E11 is a small creature. She's bald, with thin features and bright blue eyes. The large, powerful-looking armor seems to be a facade. "My armor is fine."
    [Outside the Clinic]

Evan manages to keep the surprise off his face when he sees that E11 is female, "Let me see your helmet," Assuming E11 hands Evan the helmet, he'll go over whatever cracks are left in it before handing it back, and checking the armor itself for damage "... Hmm. We have to do something about all that damage... In any case, the fact that you did better in sparring than your peers is good. keep working on that skill and you should end up quite good at what you do." He then stands, and moves to the next drone, doing the same process with this one - asking for the helmet, inspecting the armor, asking how the sparring went, then handing the helmet back with a comment on how they should continue with things.

He'll go through this process all down the line.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.