New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default [3.5 Template/Disease]Fevirification [PG 13+ish]

ahem... well.... I got the idea from reading a manga about 30 min ago....
    I could use some help on Level Adjustment. Otherwise to buff? to weak? to much of something? Something I missed or you think I should add?
    I'm scaling it next to vampirisim.

well... here it is:

Fevirification

^pic: a Feviri midway into fevirification.
    "This is so embarrassing!"
    ~famous quote nearly every Feviri utters.

Intended to the the next evolution in the species, The Feviri virus was created in an Arcane Research center specializing in body mods. The Feviri was intended to increase the effectiveness of humans by combining the genders, all the best traits of either sex with a little arcane push. In an unfortunate accident the virus was released in vapor form infecting the entire team of seven who were working on the project. The building was quarantined and to be entrapped in a barrier while the area was decontaminated. It was for nothing however, as the unfinished copy escaped, Spreading airborne at alarming speeds unbeknown to the researchers.
    The seven were put under watch in a contained environment for months to both monitor the conditions and make sure theres no danger. Within 24 hours after infection changes to the subjects were apparent. The two women infected grew male genitalia minus reproductive parts (*cough*noballs*cough), their features hardened, becoming more defined but were otherwise unscathed. The men however, in 24 hours time had femininized. While still identifiable they had obviously become visually female. They lost their testicles in favor of developing breasts and a vaginal tract leading to a semi-developed womb that while functional for the most part- is unable to create life.
    Non apparent transformation included weight gain due to rapid increase in muscular density, in effect becoming able to lift more with less muscle. Brain functions were increased, processing information and sending at much faster rates and they gained heightened mental capacity allowing each Feviri to manifest limited psionic power untrained, and one thing is for sure. They sure got charismatic whether it be cuteness, seductiveness, forcefulness. That part differed from subject to subject. But one such trait was amplified in all of them.

Many years later cases of Feviri have popped up across the plane and more knowledge is known of them. The Feviri seem to mature much faster, reaching physical and mental maturity three times as fast as the base species, They remain in full maturity never aging again until they die naturally of old age, which through the help of divination magic is discovered to be four times farther away then base species. It was also noticed by a young blue mage that Feviri seem to have twice sexual activity, which many find odd as they are incapable of reproduction. Later note revealed why; Fevirification is also an STD with 20% effectiveness (chance of infecting partner).

Fevirification has long since left the air, becoming grounded/finding hosts or just dying off. However any exposed to it have a forever more 5% chance of passing it on to their children if they themselves did not get effected. This 5% chance always remains, though it lowers to a minimum of .0001% chance eventually for future generations the Feviri virus never leaves their gene pool ( -1% each for each generation )

Now at present date (Default, change if you want in your own use) Feviri are known little of. The oldest ones are sometimes regarded as divine beings in some cultures, demonic in some others. But generally in the more advance cultures: Weapons. Their skills make them useful as powerful fighters for special task forces, or excellent tools for churches against the Undead. Their abilities letting them fight against the vampire threat more safely then a normal human with an but an ax. Feviri can pop up anywhere, by now though the chances of new Feviri is low, about .001% chance that you'll become a Feviri in puberty. Laws and restrictions prevent most Feviri from spreading their disease to non Feviri, they must use powerful protection or remain with other Feviri and in most parts of the world are restricted from going public about what they are. In young new Feviri they are usually kept silent due to the embarrassment of waking up one morning to find you have male parts, and a bad case of morning wood. Sometimes this change takes place at school, or in public, Its generally very inconvenient.
    But none can doubt their capabilities.

Racial Features
    1st +2 Str, +2Dex, +2App, -1 con, +2 Cha
    5th +1 Str, +1 Dex, +1 App, -1 con, +1 Int. +1 wis, +1 Cha
    10th +1 Str, +1 Dex, +1 App, -1 con, +1 int, +1 wis, +1 Cha

Base Land Speed:
    1st +5ft
    5th +5ft
    10th +5ft

Low-Light Vision (Ex):
    1st +Low light vision
    5th +darkvision: 30ft
    10th +darkvision: +30ft.

Psionics:
    The Feviri gains power points they can spend on augmenting their Special abilities if augment-able. They as such, may also take psionic feats and obtain psionic focus, they also add Autohypnosis as a class skill.
    1st 5 power points
    5th 10 power points
    10th 20 power points

Special Abilities:
    Manifestation level equal 3/4th character level.
    1st Far hand, at will. Missive, at will.
    5th Telekinetic Force, Cha mod/day, Telekinetic Thrust, Cha mod/day, Body Adjust, Cha/day, Body Purify, Cha/day
    10th Telekinetic Maneuver, Cha mod/day, Psychic Reformation, Cha mod/day
    15th Temporal Acceleration, Cha mod/day
    20th Iron Body, At Will, Telekinetic Thrust and Force, at will, Body Adjustment, at will.

Weaknesses:
    Feviri are not all benefits, it was an incomplete virus after all.

Temperamental: Feviri are very temperamental and are prone to mood changes on the fly. They take a -1 penalty to will saves, -4 to diplomacy, Otherwise this flaw is all
    in the hands of the roleplay.

Fragile constitution: Though physically they are fit, the nature of the virus shreds their Immune System, They take a -2 penalty to saving against diseases and poisons and are more prone to suffer from high or low climates (They hate summer and are quite prone to violent teeth chattering during winter) Treat weather conditions ten degrees colder or warmer depending for purposes of determining environment based effects.

Lust Dependency: Feviri require sex bi weekly, otherwise they grow incredibly week. Every three days (starting at -0) they get a -1 to they're constitution, and a -2 to they're strength scores until they reach 1.

Alternative- Bloodthirst. Feviri require the blood of sentient beings once every week or suffer -2 to all abilities every day after the first 7 days until they all reach 1.

Special:

The Geviri: Exactly the same, however it turns all males into complete females. and all females... into even more female! (+2 extra Appearance)
    Otherwise exactly the same, still keeping lust, however Blood drain is now not optional, it is used in addition to lust. Lust however, is still optional only if campaign does not allow such things.
    Last edited by Cipher Stars; 2013-01-06 at 01:06 PM.

My Homebrew

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: [3.5 Template/Disease]Fevirification [PG 16+]

No one wants to comment despite the nice views for the time.

Wonder why. xD

My Homebrew

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Let's just say that while BoEF has its fans, there aren't too many of them on these boards.
    My latest homebrew: Majokko base class and Spellcaster Dilettante feats for D&D 3.5 and Races as Classes for PTU.

Currently Playing
    Raiatari Eikibe - Ghostfoot's RHOD Righteous Resistance

4. - Top - End - #4

Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    Let's just say that while BoEF has its fans, there aren't too many of them on these boards.
    Its just another source in my eyes. Despite that I did provide alternate features to make them workable elsewhere where such things are not as acceptable. (For some reason, I mean who doesn't have a game with a G rated "I seduce the waiter!")

My Homebrew

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

BoEF may just be another source, but it's... pointless in most games. Few people like to get sex lives involved with their D&D, especially at that level. There's also a pretty healthy squick element with this one. Ignoring those extra parts (hur hur), I'd call this around LA +3 or +4. Probably more, if you're going by examples from the MM, but I like to pretend that they meant LA to be actually worth levels. The at-will psi-likes do it in.
    Last edited by Solaris; 2011-06-09 at 05:53 PM.
    My latest homebrew: Majokko base class and Spellcaster Dilettante feats for D&D 3.5 and Races as Classes for PTU.

Currently Playing

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

Yeah, although at will hustle is stupidly good. I might suggest scrapping that.
    Excellent Ponsoon avatar by Akrim.elf!
    Quote Originally Posted by Red XIV View Post
    Everybody outsmarts Nale. Including Nale.
    I will be unable to post for an undetermined amount of time due to medical problems and family problems. Just a notice.

7. - Top - End - #7

I can't believe I'm commenting on this myself, but since you don't have the decency to let it die on its own, I guess I'll make a few comments.

One, this fails biology forever. A womb that cannot sustain life isn't "functional for the most part": it's entirely dysfunctional. Life is the purpose of the womb. Drinking blood somehow introduces this blood into your bloodstream that doesn't have enough blood in it because the heart doesn't produce enough. I cannot even begin to say how wrong this is. Even in a fantasy setting, this is just terribad biology. The heart doesn't make any blood. Drinking blood won't put that in your bloodstream. The idea of a creature that can't make enough blood to sustain itself is ridiculous in and of itself. A contagious airborne virus that just... stopped being contagious and airborne. Because.

Becoming a hermaphrodite via poorly explained magical disease gives you psionic powers for... no apparent reason.

It has powers comparable to a vampire's without any of the crippling drawbacks.

I'd give it LA +30, just to ensure that no one plays this. Ever.

More realistically, LA +8. Ish. Still pretty unplayable.
    Last edited by Hyooz; 2011-06-09 at 07:06 PM.

Current Contest Entries:

Prestige Class Contest: In the Shadows -The Ghost Wyrm

Base Class Contest: Altar of Naught - The Nihilist

Monster Competition: Beings of Legend - The Omni Template

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Hyooz View Post
    I can't believe I'm commenting on this myself, but since you don't have the decency to let it die on its own, I guess I'll make a few comments.

One, this fails biology forever. A womb that cannot sustain life isn't "functional for the most part": it's entirely dysfunctional. Life is the purpose of the womb. Drinking blood somehow introduces this blood into your bloodstream that doesn't have enough blood in it because the heart doesn't produce enough. I cannot even begin to say how wrong this is. Even in a fantasy setting, this is just terribad biology. The heart doesn't make any blood. Drinking blood won't put that in your bloodstream. The idea of a creature that can't make enough blood to sustain itself is ridiculous in and of itself. A contagious airborne virus that just... stopped being contagious and airborne. Because.

Becoming a hermaphrodite via poorly explained magical disease gives you psionic powers for... no apparent reason.

It has powers comparable to a vampire's without any of the crippling drawbacks.

I'd give it LA +30, just to ensure that no one plays this. Ever.

More realistically, LA +11. Ish. Still pretty unplayable.
    Wheren't the psionics explained as being a result of the disease being meant to help improve humanity?

9. - Top - End - #9

Functional for the most part simply meant it was living and not some dead piece of inside flesh.
    It isn't meant to be a biological report in the first place. It stopped because what was in the air at the start left the air, it settled, finding hosts, that sorta thing.

It wasn't about becoming a hermaphrodite... Figures someone would see it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by wiimanclassic View Post
    Wheren't the psionics explained as being a result of the disease being meant to help improve humanity?
    Yes, yes it was.
    Last edited by Cipher Stars; 2011-06-09 at 06:32 PM.

My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Cipherthe3vil View Post
    It wasn't about becoming a hermaphrodite... Figures someone would see it that way.
    I don't think you know just what that word means. Whether or not it is about that, characters with this template do become such.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Peace View Post
    "See these cookies? Note how while good they taste sort of bland. Now try these, they're the same cookies but with chocolate chips added. Notice how with the second batch we expended slightly more ingredients but dramatically enhanced the flavor? That's metamagic."
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Seriously, can we kill this misconception now? A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He shops for precisely what he means to.

Winner of Junkyard Wars 31.

11. - Top - End - #11

Quote Originally Posted by Thrice Dead Cat View Post
    I don't think you know just what that word means. Whether or not it is about that, characters with this template do become such.
    {{scrubbed}}
    Last edited by LibraryOgre; 2011-06-10 at 11:50 AM.

My Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #12

{{scrubbed}}
    The mechanics have been touched on quite a bit, actually. The weaknesses are laughable in the face of the benefits for this template. Vampires get one move action to get out of direct sunlight and die. These need to have an RP 'encounter' 1/day or eventually start to see noticeable effects. Kind of. Or drink blood, which puts it in their bloodstream. Somehow.

+4 is really low for what you get. A Phrenic creature gets 1 psi-like ability usable 1/day, for +2 LA. This gets a grand total of 7, most usable at-will. Probably at a +6 just from those. Toss in the ability score adjustment, more speed, and other similar stuff? +8, easy.
    Last edited by LibraryOgre; 2011-06-10 at 11:50 AM.

Current Contest Entries:

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #13

Well, Vampires also gain Damage Reduction, more Ability increase, Undead, Fast Healing, shapechanging, and if they die they poof into smoke to run to their crypt.

Changed Psionics down to four that I think best represent what I had in mind.

My Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #14

Well, Vampires also gain Damage Reduction, more Ability increase, Undead, Fast Healing, shapechanging, and if they die they poof into smoke to run to their crypt.

Changed Psionics down to four that I think best represent what I had in mind.
    +6 is probably fine for what's there.

Current Contest Entries:

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15

Great, then I guess now that it seems to be playable,,, I can let it die as you wished in your first post.
    Last edited by Cipher Stars; 2011-06-09 at 09:05 PM.

My Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Allow me to note a dislike of the LA system as standard, especially with regards to things like this. I'd nerf the heck out of this template - perhaps grant it abilities that scale instead of a bunch of high-level at-wills - in order to make it a lower LA and thus significantly more playable. As it is, a character made with this template is going to hurt compared to a character without it. See, the problem with granting it LA +6 is that it doesn't have the staying power required. It has a Con penalty and no damage reduction, fast healing, or regeneration. All it can do is heal themselves 1d12 damage a number of times per day equal to their App modifier, and recover 2 ability point damage a similar number of times per day. Assuming a roll of 18, with the +4 modifier, that's still only six times per day to counterbalance the feviri being very fragile compared to other creatures of her ECL.

Currently Playing

17. - Top - End - #17

Allow me to note a dislike of the LA system as standard, especially with regards to things like this. I'd nerf the heck out of this template - perhaps grant it abilities that scale instead of a bunch of high-level at-wills - in order to make it a lower LA and thus significantly more playable. As it is, a character made with this template is going to hurt compared to a character without it. See, the problem with granting it LA +6 is that it doesn't have the staying power required. It has a Con penalty and no damage reduction, fast healing, or regeneration. All it can do is heal themselves 1d12 damage a number of times per day equal to their App modifier, and recover 2 ability point damage a similar number of times per day. Assuming a roll of 18, with the +4 modifier, that's still only six times per day to counterbalance the feviri being very fragile compared to other creatures of her ECL.
    I've never liked LA either, but its just the system...

How would you level it out then? And do you mean as they level up normally within classes they gain traits as they mature?
    Or do you have to sit around and wait six or so levels of taking your own race before you can have fun with your actual wanted class.

My Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

I've never liked LA either, but its just the system...
    Bah, that's neither reason nor excuse. Just because Wizards couldn't be bothered doesn't mean we shouldn't work for something better.

How would you level it out then? And do you mean as they level up normally within classes they gain traits as they mature?
    Or do you have to sit around and wait six or so levels of taking your own race before you can have fun with your actual wanted class.
    Apologies in advance, I'm not terribly familiar with spell lists and don't have time to be mucking about them right now.

Take the telekinesis ability, for example. Instead of starting right out the gate with at-will, I would grant the character mage hand usable X times per day (probably at-will - it's a useful cantrip, but a cantrip nonetheless). At about 2 or 3 HD, it gets greater mage hand (or shield, mage armor, something like that) usable 1/day per 3 HD. At 9 HD, that's when you get the full-blown telekinesis, though usable only a few times per day. Maybe stick with the 1/day per 3 HD, or maybe go with 1/day per 5 HD.

I'd also tone down the physical ability boosts, as well. Perhaps replacing them with a haste-like ability, not necessarily magical, that allows the feviri to move faster for brief periods. It seems like it would fit better with the 'advanced, but flawed' thing you've got going on here than just a straight +4 Str, +4 Dex. It'd also help justify reducing the LA, because LA with Con penalty and no protections generally equates to dead character.

Currently Playing

19. - Top - End - #19

Bah, that's neither reason nor excuse. Just because Wizards couldn't be bothered doesn't mean we shouldn't work for something better.

Apologies in advance, I'm not terribly familiar with spell lists and don't have time to be mucking about them right now.

Take the telekinesis ability, for example. Instead of starting right out the gate with at-will, I would grant the character mage hand usable X times per day (probably at-will - it's a useful cantrip, but a cantrip nonetheless). At about 2 or 3 HD, it gets greater mage hand (or shield, mage armor, something like that) usable 1/day per 3 HD. At 9 HD, that's when you get the full-blown telekinesis, though usable only a few times per day. Maybe stick with the 1/day per 3 HD, or maybe go with 1/day per 5 HD.

I'd also tone down the physical ability boosts, as well. Perhaps replacing them with a haste-like ability, not necessarily magical, that allows the feviri to move faster for brief periods. It seems like it would fit better with the 'advanced, but flawed' thing you've got going on here than just a straight +4 Str, +4 Dex. It'd also help justify reducing the LA, because LA with Con penalty and no protections generally equates to dead character.
    Right. Hear ye hear ye, thread now hushed until I make something along these lines.
    *back to drawing board*

My Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Right. Hear ye hear ye, thread now hushed until I make something along these lines.
    *back to drawing board*
    Bwahahaha, I've infected another one.
    >_>
    <_<

Currently Playing

21. - Top - End - #21

Bwahahaha, I've infected another one.
    >_>
    <_<
    Edited, theres my first shot at it.

My Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Let me just say, I'm somewhat fond of this. Can I see myself using it in a game? ... Maybe. I roll with a weird crowd IRL. But that's not important. What is important, is that I want to commend you on being so bold with your material. You did a brave thing honestly posting this, much less keeping it open to critique. So you deserve that if nothing else.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

23. - Top - End - #23

Quote Originally Posted by The Tygre View Post
    Let me just say, I'm somewhat fond of this. Can I see myself using it in a game? ... Maybe. I roll with a weird crowd IRL. But that's not important. What is important, is that I want to commend you on being so bold with your material. You did a brave thing honestly posting this, much less keeping it open to critique. So you deserve that if nothing else.
    well... clearly labeled in the title to be mildly mature
    There shouldn't be any problems.

anyway
    to anyone: Is the staged progression better, or did I make it worse?
    Last edited by Cipher Stars; 2011-06-10 at 12:41 AM.

My Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #24
    Colossus in the Playground

Let me start off by saying that I like the concept, because it opens up the door for awkward characters, and awkward characters are fun to roleplay in my opinion.

As for the progression, you've got the power points spread out, the speed boost spread out, and a -3 Con that takes place over the same time as +4 Str, +4 Dex, +3 App, +2 Int, +2 Wis, +4 Cha. I personally think that since you're using the Appearance score here, the Charisma shouldn't get boosted at all. You mentioned nothing about the infected's force of personality changing at all, and since you're already boosting their Appearance score, it doesn't seem like there's a valid reason for a Cha boost. (Taking it away would cut down the LA a great deal, a +4 boon to Cha is nothing to sneeze at)

The Lust weakness is great, and will come up a lot in the type of game that this template is most likely to appear in, that is, a BoEF/Nymphology game.

The flavor is good, the description is good, and the picture is good. It's very "you", Star. I'd say a +6 LA, personally.

25. - Top - End - #25

I don't know what to more baffled by.
    1. That this is a thing. A thing that is and was written by someone.
    ---or---
    2. The overall nonchalant response it's received.

There's no denying how squick-tacular the vast majority of players(persons) would find this, but that being said, I'd love to use it as a horrific practical joke on anyone playing up the stereotypical womanizing bard type.

PC: I roll to seduce her!
    Me: Oh god, again? Wait... you know what... no need to roll. She seems really into you. She invites you to her room.
    -later-
    PC: She has a what?! I get the hell out of there!
    Me: Haha, oh I'm sure you try. Let me double check the grapple rules real quick.
    -later-
    PC: What do you mean my hair is falling out?!
    Me: Hm? Oh well not all of it of course. Just your beard and leg hair and what have you. Ah! Right, also, you cloths are starting to get a little loose everywhere but the hips, and your chest is getting a bit itchy.
    PC: What the hell? I go get cure disease cast on me.
    Me: By all means, tehehehe
    PC: ........
    Last edited by DoomHat; 2011-06-10 at 01:30 AM.
    ...with a vengeance!

26. - Top - End - #26

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeraphi View Post
    You mentioned nothing about the infected's force of personality changing at al
    I didn't?
    I didn't... fix'd

My Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #27

Quote Originally Posted by DoomHat View Post
    I'd love to use it as a horrific practical joke on anyone playing up the stereotypical womanizing bard type.

PC: I roll to seduce her!
    Me: Oh god, again? Wait... you know what... no need to roll. She seems really into you. She invites you to her room.
    -later-
    PC: She has a what?! I get the hell out of there!
    Me: Haha, oh I'm sure you try. Let me double check the grapple rules real quick.
    -later-
    PC: What do you mean my hair is falling out?!
    Me: Hm? Oh well not all of it of course. Just your beard and leg hair and what have you. Ah! Right, also, you cloths are starting to get a little loose everywhere but the hips, and your chest is getting a bit itchy.
    PC: What the hell? I go get cure disease cast on me.
    Me: By all means, tehehehe
    PC: ........
    I laughed so hard xD I'll be sure to do the same in a game eventually.

My Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, this certainly wasn't something I expected to find here. Still, it reminds me of a song someone once showed me.

Owrtho
    Tables
    Want them to look nice? Have a guide

My Homebrew
    [creature]Shiny: Monster Competition XXXVI entry.
    [class]Wisp fire guide: Follow me. I have such sights to show you.
    [class]Ozodrin: A class to play as an eldritch horror.
    other hombrew

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

This is so wrong in so many ways, yet for some reason I guite can't grasp, I like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    So please, by Anthony Bourdain's left nut, do not call gravy blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekkin View Post
    the only way to get it into space was to build the atmospheric stages on top of it like a 400-ton hat made of fire and structural inadequacy.

30. - Top - End - #30

Quote Originally Posted by dethkruzer View Post
    This is so wrong in so many ways, yet for some reason I guite can't grasp, I like it.
    hahaha! Yush! you cannot escape. :3 Horrid attraction is just one of those things. Its like that PrC for Owrtho's monstrous class. Your either attracted or repelled. or very repelled, or very attracted. but you get the idea.

My Homebrew