New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Minecraft Thread X: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the ... SSSSSSSS

Continuing to build my tower up. Actually decided to switch to to the BDcraft texture pack, but there are weird symbols on any stone blocks with it, not sure why. It's a bit annoying. Might switch to something like Dokucraft.

I've actually breached open air with my tower building! On the other hand, it isn't actually the top of the mountain yet.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2012-05-28 at 07:58 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #272
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Minecraft Thread X: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the ... SSSSSSSS

Quote Originally Posted by Meta View Post
    I'm a bit unfamiliar with minecraft but I've tried the xbox 360 version because my brother is a big fan. He really enjoys it, but I gather there are some pretty intense limitations on the console version. I'd like to help him get set up to play on my old macbook. He's only eleven, and not a poster on GitP, but is it possible for both of us to get whitelisted to play on the server? I wasn't sure who all could get whitelisted, but I can sign up there if non-Gitp posters are welcome.

It might be a little tricky for me to play as much come fall (teaching in Asia) but I can definitely contribute a good bit in the summer, and I'm sure he will too, year round.
    His non-GitPness is fine; we're an extended family. Amount that you contribute doesn't matter; you can come and go. The only concern is his age; make sure to talk to him about respecting others and the things they build.
    What are the Minecraft names to be listed?

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Continuing to build my tower up. Actually decided to switch to to the BDcraft texture pack, but there are weird symbols on any stone blocks with it, not sure why. It's a bit annoying. Might switch to something like Dokucraft.

I've actually breached open air with my tower building! On the other hand, it isn't actually the top of the mountain yet.
    Painterly, remains popular.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

I actually kinda want a different look to it, to be honest. I might switch to Dokucraft. The High variant should fit the look of my planned tower just fine.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ellardin View Post
    Hey guys,

Does anyone know of a good minecraft world that is focused on fantasy/rpg?
    We have an RPtown on this server. Not sure if that's what you want, though. It's not strictly fantasy, there are other genres represented.
    LGBTA+itP

6. - Top - End - #276
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Some of the teleporters on Spawnworld appear to be borked.

To wit, those at 115, 99, -29 and 111, 72, -34 appear to be intended to be a linked pair, but both give "you have not specified a destination" errors when you try to use them.

(Also, the nether portal right in front of the latter doesn't return you to sender...)
    They are borked because they are old. Also, the nether portal doesn't return you to sender because that is also old.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

7. - Top - End - #277

Quote Originally Posted by Saposhiente View Post
    His non-GitPness is fine; we're an extended family. Amount that you contribute doesn't matter; you can come and go. The only concern is his age; make sure to talk to him about respecting others and the things they build.
    What are the Minecraft names to be listed?
    Awesome. I will definitely tell him to mind his boundries, but I know when he plays with his friends he's the one trying to make forts while they're setting things on fire so I think he'll be fine .

My minecraft name is iNuzzle and I believe his is haloreachNPHclan. I'll double check that when he gets back from school.

On the technical side of things: Any particular version, updates, mods, etc. that we need or should have to play?
    Szilard has all of those sweet trophies for a reason. Awesome avatar is his handiwork.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Troll in the Playground

On the technical side of things: Any particular version, updates, mods, etc. that we need or should have to play?
    The server is on the current version (1.2.5) and requires only vanilla Minecraft - all the "mods" (Runecraft, etc.) are server-side plugins that require nada on the client side to use.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

9. - Top - End - #279

My minecraft name is iNuzzle and I believe his is haloreachNPHclan. I'll double check that when he gets back from school.
    Added .

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    Spoiler
    Show
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Troll in the Playground

Hey, once the new trade place is done, would it be alright if I converted the old one into a Runecraft hut?

Basically, install the basic, infinite use runes, some brewing stations, an enchanting table, and let people use it freely, so long as nothing is removed. Maybe have some books on runecraft basics that can be taken.

Sound good?
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

So we dont use mcedit on the server right? Because sethbling made a little thing that lets us turn chests into villigers, with the items in the chest determining what the villigers buy and sell. could make the market a lot easier in RPtown.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #282
    Bugbear in the Playground

If we're going to be making ships, we'll need a sea, will the admins provide a nice, huge one? And our plots will have to be bigger than the last ones.
    Sometimes, I have strong opinions on seemingly inconsequential matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisis21 View Post
    Phhase he played four
    He played nick nack on my door
    With a nick nack paddy whack
    Give a dog a bone
    Phhase came rolling home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventruenox View Post
    You found a way to backstab... with a ballista...

I want to play at your table.
    Spoiler: How to have a Good Idea
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Buy a lava lamp, it more than doubles the rate of good ideas :p
    Better yet, buy this lava lamp.

13. - Top - End - #283

Quote Originally Posted by memnarch View Post
    Ok, there will definitely be another competition starting Monday evening around 11pm CST. The theme will deal with ships, but designing a sail is a bit too limiting for a contest, so I can tell you it won't be that. The contest WILL run for 2-3 weeks; definite date will be added when I get a better sense of my RL schedule.

Sign-up sheet here, to have a spot made in advance!
    My weekend was busier than I thought it was going to be, but now contest is now open!

Theme: Airships!

Special Block: Mushroom block! Type "/i 99" or "/i 100" to get them.

If you want to compete, and I'm not around, just SIGN UP ON THE SHEET, put a name plate on a door way, and start building. Also, make sure you signed up on the sheet.

Rules, not inclusive, are 1) the build must be within 50 blocks on the "landing pad". 2) the ship must contact the pad in some fashion, either with a ladder up the middle block (you can remove it), or a ladder down to it. 3) no breaking any other blocks on the landing pad, walkway, or other builds. 4) please try to stay within the glass lines. 5) keep the size of the ship reasonable. 6) have fun building!

End time; June 16ish or so. I will try to make reminder posts about the end time.
    Last edited by memnarch; 2012-05-30 at 01:16 AM.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ettin in the Playground

The permissions dont seem to be working for ironcraft, I get a "you do not have permission for this area" error message when I try to build in my spot
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

15. - Top - End - #285
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    The permissions dont seem to be working for ironcraft, I get a "you do not have permission for this area" error message when I try to build in my spot
    Yea I get the same message.

16. - Top - End - #286

I just put my name on the list, so it just might not have my name on the thing, but I get a similar message.

Also, to clarify, all blocks must be within 50 blocks of the dock? If I go 50 blocks out on a level then up/down a number of blocks, does it no longer count?

Also, must it be a unique, creative design, or are builds of existing airships cool?
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #287

50 blocks out, 50 blocks up/down.

Sorry about the build problem, that should be fixed.

18. - Top - End - #288

Minding the glass seems like it shall be my greatest challenge...

How important is the secret ingredient in judging? Is it a simple pass/fail presence/absence, or is it more like a theme I'm supposed to run with?
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #289

Clarification: Is the secret ingredient the Red Mushroom top block, the Brown Mushroom top block, the Stem block, or all 3?

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ettin in the Playground

Seeing as /i 99 gives the stem block, that's the one I'd guess.
    LGBTA+itP

21. - Top - End - #291

Quote Originally Posted by Eldest View Post
    Seeing as /i 99 gives the stem block, that's the one I'd guess.
    No, /i 99 gives the Giant Red Mushroom block, albiet without any red on it. Check it with /i hugeredmushroom.

Does anyone know of a way to get the red/brown mushroom sides to actually be the proper colors without having to grow them by hand and then piston them into place?

22. - Top - End - #292
    Troll in the Playground

Yes, actually. It's all about the damage code. You can check it out on the wiki, but for example... /item 99.5 1 will give you one brown mushroom block with skin texture on the top, and other damage codes (the item after the decimal) will give you other configurations. I think. I have successfully built my own mushroom before, so it's doable.
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-05-30 at 11:56 AM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

23. - Top - End - #293

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    Yes, actually. It's all about the damage code. You can check it out on the wiki, but for example... /item 99.5 1 will give you one brown mushroom block with skin texture on the top, and other damage codes (the item after the decimal) will give you other configurations. I think. I have successfully built my own mushroom before, so it's doable.
    I figured it was something like that, but wasn't aware there was a way to use the item command to give different damage codes. Thanks, Deme.

24. - Top - End - #294

(It's : , not . All ids are integers.)

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #295
    Troll in the Playground

I find that a decimal point works just fine, actually. It produces the result.
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-05-30 at 12:30 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

26. - Top - End - #296
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sun View Post
    What is the most fun thing you guys have done in MC?
    Hm... Not a clue.

ALso, signed up for the Ironcraft. Let's see what I can do...
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Troll in the Playground

I built the Cakepanion Cube and the Fishbowl with littlebottom. That was loads of fun.

Also, Maxios...Sorry for the trouble, but...You built your house right where the road was going to go to get to the gate we were going to build. See that glowstone behind? That was my marker to Taejix. I can refund you the stone and glass if you'd be willing to move it...It'd be a big help to the town.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

28. - Top - End - #298

Yogbox is awesome...

But it gives me just enough lag to be annoying...
    -\==/-
    I always ask a big question on the League thread right before bedtime so I have something to read while trying to wake up.
    Responses of any sort are wonderful.

Spoiler
    Show
    I like coming up with concepts for characters, and will do so often. But writing up crunch, especially for anything that isn't level 1, takes me a while, and after wasting lots of time writing unused characters on Mythweavers, I generally don't make a sheet unless a DM really likes the concept. Sorry.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    Also, Maxios...Sorry for the trouble, but...You built your house right where the road was going to go to get to the gate we were going to build. See that glowstone behind? That was my marker to Taejix. I can refund you the stone and glass if you'd be willing to move it...It'd be a big help to the town.
    Oh yeah, forgot I'd said I was gonna build a second gatehouse for you. I should stop playing Dragon's Dogma and ME3 and get around to finally building that, shouldn't I?
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground

i was just online and in RPtown if you want any help
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show