New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Echo Bazaar

1. - Top - End - #751
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Echo Bazaar

Yeah, that's it. That Which Lives in Shadow.

I got the first two words right!

2. - Top - End - #752
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

OOOH! I have a Haunted-looking Dog! I understand they are rare (how rare, I'm unsure) but he is so cute and useful (Watchful +3)!

I love him.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Ogre in the Playground

IIRC, the only thing harder to find is the Salt Weasel. So congratulations.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ryenke View Post
    OOOH! I have a Haunted-looking Dog! I understand they are rare (how rare, I'm unsure) but he is so cute and useful (Watchful +3)!

I love him.
    where in the world did you get him? I'd love to snag me a +3 Watchful pet, the best I have is a raven for +1(I think it's my raven anyways)

5. - Top - End - #755
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    where in the world did you get him? I'd love to snag me a +3 Watchful pet, the best I have is a raven for +1(I think it's my raven anyways)
    It's a really, really, really rare opportunity card.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Orc in the Playground

Oh, that's rare? I have one too!

I use my raven though because bizarre is so much cooler than dreaded.

Incidentally I have a boxed cat if anyone wants one.

7. - Top - End - #757
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Well, it is rare enough that Fallbetter put text:
    [This is a Rare Opportunity - you lucky thing! Allowing your Menaces to get too high, or leaving Fallen London, may mean losing this card. Use it wisely!]
    on the card to make me take note!

I was working on persuasive in Veilgarden when I got him, I think.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Ogre in the Playground

Bah, I've died again. And it looks like the boatman's gotten better at chess.

Curses upon all Dangerous failures that give more than one wounds point!

9. - Top - End - #759
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luzahn View Post
    Bah, I've died again. And it looks like the boatman's gotten better at chess.

Curses upon all Dangerous failures that give more than one wounds point!
    Careful use of equipment can often get your watchful juuuust low enough to qualify for one of the lower-level chess options, which might give you better odds.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Orc in the Playground

Oh my god! I just got my Starveling Cat from the Box! I'm not sure which one was that, but either Starwulf or Musashi, they sent the last few Boxes. Big thanks to anyone who helped me on this, I'm now off to get rid of my Soul as much times as I can
    "Don't make me go all Darth Vader on your teddy." - BBEG of the month
    ---
    Awesome avy by Serpentine <3

11. - Top - End - #761
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bodez View Post
    Oh my god! I just got my Starveling Cat from the Box! I'm not sure which one was that, but either Starwulf or Musashi, they sent the last few Boxes. Big thanks to anyone who helped me on this, I'm now off to get rid of my Soul as much times as I can
    Woot! Congratulations man! That's pretty damn awesome! have fun having your soul taken away :) :)

On that same note...would those of you whom were sending Bodez the boxed cats possibly start sending them to me? The Starveling cat is one of those things that I need to acquire now as well, though I'll need to GET my soul back before I can have it taken away again, lol.

Twitter is @Starwulf99, Fallen London username is Starwulf.

Again, congratulations Bodez(though, now I keep wanting to refer to you as PanjDagger), from what everyone has said coupled with personal experience, you acquired one of the hardest things to get in Fallen London :)

12. - Top - End - #762
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh my. It seems we have more content for the Heart's Desire ambition. I've heard advice that it's wise to bring a Fourth City Airag to Polythreme, for those it may concern.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Troll in the Playground

Glad to know I might have helped!
    And I lost my soul quite a long time ago. Guess I'll worry about it later.
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode

14. - Top - End - #764
    Orc in the Playground

Woot! Congratulations man! That's pretty damn awesome! have fun having your soul taken away :) :)

Again, congratulations Bodez(though, now I keep wanting to refer to you as PanjDagger), from what everyone has said coupled with personal experience, you acquired one of the hardest things to get in Fallen London :)
    Well, you guys did most of the work, I just did the lucky part :D
    On a sidenote, Bodez (well, spelled bodež actually, but forum does not allow strange letters) is Croatian for Dagger, so you can't miss that much But yeah, I had to double check your names too, this gets a bit confusing. We really should get OP to get us a table with names.

On to moving forward: I'm already sending all my Boxes to Starwulf, so when he gets lucky enough (hopefully soon) we need a new target for our Boxes. Any volunteers?
    Last edited by Sila Prirode; 2012-05-04 at 07:24 AM.
    ---

15. - Top - End - #765
    Troll in the Playground

*waves hand*
    Unless someone needs a Starveling Cat more. Honestly, I don't need it right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode

16. - Top - End - #766
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

I don't get many boxes, but I have been sending most of them to Starwulf, so I'll keep doing so.

My twitter @aryenke (I'm Ryenke in Fallen London) and I'm available for social stuff btw.

Note: I'm pretty low in the game - stats mostly in mid 50's except for Shadowy at 92 (but I think it got that high due to a bug - hmm never did hear back about my bug report.)

I don't need a Starveling Cat YET.... But I'm sure I will someday so you can put me at the tail end of the list.
    Last edited by Ryenke; 2012-05-04 at 10:17 AM.

17. - Top - End - #767
    Orc in the Playground

Well, I don't think anyone really needs a Starveling Cat, it's just us fools that deal with something better left alone
    Added you on twitter by the way. Oh right, another thing, if anyone is on Heart's Desire, and needs Coins, I think I have around 50 more then I need for ambition (at least for current content).
    ---

18. - Top - End - #768
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bodez View Post
    Well, I don't think anyone really needs a Starveling Cat, it's just us fools that deal with something better left alone
    Added you on twitter by the way. Oh right, another thing, if anyone is on Heart's Desire, and needs Coins, I think I have around 50 more then I need for ambition (at least for current content).
    Coins? First City Coins? Is that something you guys need for that Ambition? If so, I have 30 that I just have sitting around doing nothing, accumulating dust.

19. - Top - End - #769
    Ettin in the Playground

Coins? First City Coins? Is that something you guys need for that Ambition? If so, I have 30 that I just have sitting around doing nothing, accumulating dust.
    Exactly 30, eh? Got them as a gift, or a robbery? Or I heard you get that many from buying a Fourth City Airag, although I haven't tested it myself yet.

But yes, at least 77 First City Coins are necessary for the Heart's Desire ambition, and they are a pain to get. I already have mine, dunno if anyone still needs more.

20. - Top - End - #770
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eurus View Post
    Exactly 30, eh? Got them as a gift, or a robbery? Or I heard you get that many from buying a Fourth City Airag, although I haven't tested it myself yet.

But yes, at least 77 First City Coins are necessary for the Heart's Desire ambition, and they are a pain to get. I already have mine, dunno if anyone still needs more.
    From the Fourth City Airag is how I got them. Traded in the 5 Cellars of Wine with the opportunity card ^^

21. - Top - End - #771
    Orc in the Playground

I think that you get 30 of them because you if you want to give them out to someone you need to give them 30 with one storylet. And the "regular" way to get them is reaaaaally grindy. I had to trade in my Connected: Masters of the Bazaar because I got really frustrated with grind.
    And if what I have red before in this thread is correct, you need Fourth City Airag to continue the Ambition, so they probably want us to help out people on same Ambition.
    ---

22. - Top - End - #772
    Orc in the Playground

Just got a rare Opportunity Card about the Scribnett Sisters, which gave me some moon pearls but more importantly

329 Ragged Clothing

What do I do with that. What do I do with that much clothing.

23. - Top - End - #773
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    *waves hand*
    Unless someone needs a Starveling Cat more. Honestly, I don't need it right now.
    As I was doing with Bodez, I'll do with you, I'll send you my cats while you send me yours. Hopefully I'll get mine within a month or so, then we can focus full-time on you(unless you're like a leprechaun or something and get one just from my boxes).

I do need your twitter handle and stuff so I can follow you and add you in-game to friends.

24. - Top - End - #774
    Orc in the Playground

Musashi is Imposteur In Red on twitter. At least I have him on that name.
    ---

25. - Top - End - #775
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

I'm so glad I found this thread on the forum, y'all are wonderful!

I've had no luck getting real-world friends to join (my husband started, but got frustrated at the stop and go nature of it, so he is like level 5 to 10 on his stats and never picked it up again). Therefore, it is SO nice to have a place to talk about this fantastic game until I do succeed in getting some friends to get addicted to it too.

I'm still sending my cats to Starwulf, but had to miss a couple because my connected to the Duchess was on the cusp and I didn't want it to drop - but I'm able to pass them on again now!

I'm in a grind just now, I just adore the Flit but my Shadowy is getting so much higher than my other stats (Shadowy 92, everything else still below 60) that I'm trying to grind my way into being able to really do things outside of the other initial three locations. I'm SO tired of the Veilgarden, Watchmaker's Hill and Ladybones Road items I've done over and over but sometime next week I should finally be able to really move on, I can't wait!

However, it hasn't all been grind: in between my working my stats up this week I have two accomplishments that thrilled me. First the Melancholy Curate AND his Enigmatic sister and I enjoyed quite the evening. Then I "stole that which cannot be stolen!"

Oh yeah, I finally came up with the perfect name for my clique:

Confident Rogues and Counterfeit Scholars
    Last edited by Ryenke; 2012-05-04 at 11:44 PM.

26. - Top - End - #776
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ryenke View Post
    I'm so glad I found this thread on the forum, y'all are wonderful!

I keep trying to get my friends and loved ones into the game, but am having no luck (my husband started, but got frustrated at the stop and go nature of it, so he is like level 5 to 10 on his stats and never picked it up again) doing so.

It is SO nice to have a place to talk about this fantastic game until I do succeed in getting some friends to get addicted to it too.

I'm still sending my cats to Starwulf, but had to miss a couple because my connected to the Duchess was on the cusp and I didn't want it to drop - but I'm able to pass them on again now!

I'm in a grind just now, I just adore the Flit but my Shadowy is getting so much higher than my other stats (Shadowy 92, everything else still below 60) that I'm trying to grind my way into being able to really do things outside of the other initial three locations. I'm SO tired of the Veilgarden, Watchmaker's Hill and Ladybones Road items I've done over and over but sometime next week I should finally be able to really move on, I can't wait!

However, it hasn't all been grind: in between my working my stats up this week I have two accomplishments that thrilled me. First the Melancholy Curate AND his Enigmatic sister and I enjoyed quite the evening. Then I "stole that which cannot be stolen!"

Oh yeah, I finally came up with the perfect name for my clique:

Confident Rogues and Counterfeit Scholars
    ^^ Congrats on the Melancholy Curate and his Sister tryst. Sadly I got frustrated with that storylet and gave up on it ever so long ago, and I'm pretty certain I'm locked out of it now, which sucks :-(.

Yeah, I'm very glad I found this thread as well, Fallen London is such an awesome game, and everyone on this thread has been nothing but helpful since I joined in. Even better is now that I'm fairly experienced, I get to give help back ^^

I'm pretty stoked at the moment, I'm nearly capped on all my stats, and just about done grinding out for my ship. Less then a week and I should have it. 3 Strong backed labours, and 7 Lens. Lens is going to suck a bit, it has so many different components, and I don't know of anywhere that I can grind to just get one as a reward at the end like the Labor and Whirring Contraptions.

One of my prouder accomplishments at the moment is my plant. He's up to level 15 now :) He's a big ole sucker. I wonder what kind of reward you could get if you had someone haul it off once you cap it's growth. Doubt I"ll ever know, I can't imagine just giving up my wonderful little plant. He's (pardon the pun) rather grown on me.

edit: Musashi, I requested to follow your twitter, I have a cat already primed and ready to send, so approve when you get the chance and I'll go ahead and send you the cat ^^
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2012-05-05 at 01:18 AM.

27. - Top - End - #777
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmm, is there any storylet you can do(or work up to) that gives Maniac Prayers as a reward? I'm finally working on my Bejewelled Lens now, after finally grinding out all 30 Whirring Contraptions and 20 Strong-Backed Labours, now I need 1400 Maniac Prayers, and 210 Correspondence Plaques. The Plaques is easy enough, they can be gotten in the Foreign Offices, but the only way I know to get a large # of Maniac Prayers is to get an even larger # of Primordial Shrieks, and I'm wondering if there is an shorter route.

28. - Top - End - #778
    Troll in the Playground

Let's see, there's a few options for Prayers, though they're mostly opportunity cards. The only ones that are both repeatable and give more prayers than you could by grinding and converting Shrieks are:

You can trade scraps for them. 15 scraps gets you either 20 or 80 prayers.

The Correspondence Savages Your Dreams and Song of the Mandrake cards both earn you a few prayers, enough to be worth playing.

A loop through Polythreme can earn you 130 Prayers if you can get both Fascinating and Investigating up to 7 and choose What's Going On Here? at the end. Should you fail to do so, A Distressing Lack of Progress will still net you 65.
    Last edited by Tome; 2012-05-07 at 05:50 PM.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

29. - Top - End - #779
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    Let's see, there's a few options for Prayers, though they're mostly opportunity cards. The only ones that are both repeatable and give more prayers than you could by grinding and converting Shrieks are:

You can trade scraps for them. 15 scraps gets you either 20 or 80 prayers.

The Correspondence Savages Your Dreams and Song of the Mandrake cards both earn you a few prayers, enough to be worth playing.

A loop through Polythreme can earn you 130 Prayers if you can get both Fascinating and Investigating up to 7 and choose What's Going On Here? at the end. Should you fail to do so, A Distressing Lack of Progress will still net you 65.
    Hehe, I need the screams so I can go TO Polythreme(on my ship) or can you go to Polythreme without your own ship now? I haven't paid much attention to the new stuff added in the last 2-3 months, I've been steadily grinding for very specific things lately and I've been basically wearing blinders to everything else with the exception of stuff added via opportunity cards(affluent photographer ftw! Month 3 or 4 now).

Thanks for the tip about the scraps, I have plenty of scraps to spare right now(almost 300), so if I get that particular relicker, I'll definitely risk it.
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2012-05-07 at 06:34 PM.

30. - Top - End - #780
    Troll in the Playground

You can, in fact, get to Polythreme without owning a ship now.

It takes a while though. You're probably better off just grinding the Shrieks while keeping your eye open for the Opportunity cards.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/