Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default MHR-Fury's Secret War IC

Time-Present Day, 23:46
    New York City
    Doom Pool: 2d10
    Everyone starts with 1pp

It's been over a year since the tragedy at Stamford, and while the SHRA is still being debated, passions on both sides of the issue are running hot. Banners and graffiti intermingle across the streets of New York as citizens vehemently announce which side of the issue they stand.

Tonight however, the city that never slept seemed to want a night in. The streets were almost empty, even crime was mostly abated, and anyone out at this hour seemed to be moving quickly, as if to escape the tension grabbing the city.

Something was going to happen tonight that would change everything.

Luke Cage
    You feel the world shake, the screams of outrage from those around you. Speedball is tossed through a window glowing bright orange, Spider-man is being covered by the shield of a Black suited Captain America. Finally you look up to the patch wearing SOB who brought you here.

"The Rainstorm comes down like Hammers." He whispers into your ear...

You awake to the sound of the phone ringing down the hall. You glance to the side of your bed, wondering where Jessica is before you remember she was in Canada.

Bewildered by the dream you just had, and confused by what the dream might have meant, you almost miss the voicemail.

"Luke, it's Colleen Wing. Please pick up! Danny's in critical condition."

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    the timeline's fairly fluid right now, so it's your call whether or not Jessica is in Canada reporting for the Pulse, or there to avoid the SHRA like the comics. Also your call whether she's given birth yet or not.

Spider-man
    Out late on Patrol, Spider-man is a bit lost in thought over his recent conversation with Tony Stark. Tony was offering him a position in Stark Industries' fledgling biochemical division. Highly paid, good hours, a boss who understood his 'tardiness' and no Jameson, it sounded too good to be true.

But the fact was, it was too good to be true. Peter knew how awful Tony had been feeling after Stamford, and how he was getting a lot of pressure to throw his support behind the SHRA. If he joined Stark Industries, would he have to sign the SHRA? And would that be so bad? He wouldn't need to hide the truth from Aunt May anymore for one, but still...

Penance and U.S. Agent
    Since the attempted assassination 8 months ago, Penance has been under SHIELD protection 24/7. He hasn't been let out of their special holding facility since then, but tonight was a special occasion.

2 hours ago a man contacted SHIELD through a secure channel and claimed he had information on the location of Nitro. The man said he would only divulge his information to Speedball, and if he met him at Grand Central Terminal at midnight. If he sees any SHIELD Agents however, the deal is off. The man identified himself as Night Thrasher.

The U.S. Agent, has been working with SHIELD since before Stamford, and as the closest Super Agent during this time period, is assigned to watch over the proceedings. Under his command are a squad of 4 agents, with more ready to arrive if he calls in via communicator.

The Terminal has been closed off from the public, and all trains have been ordered to go elsewhere until morning. The agents are waiting for orders on how to be positioned.

The two superheroes are waiting in an unmarked truck outside the station. Your aware you have about 15 minutes before the meeting is due.
    Last edited by CoreBrute23; 2012-11-02 at 12:46 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: MHR-Fury's Secret War IC

U.S.Agent

John Walker sits in the van with an annoyed look on his face. He doesn't like playing bodyguard to anyone, least of all some snot nose would-be reality TV star. Six hundred and fifty people died because of this kid's and his friends' little stunt. A whole school was blown away. Now, we had a chance to enact revenge on the real enemy - Nitro. Still, the Super Soldier didn't like baby sitting.

Walker yawns as he stares out the van's darkened window. He eyes the passersby and the terrain, making mental notes of what to do if/when this situation degrades into a fight.

"I don't trust this contact. He's smarmy, at best. My gut tells me this is a trap but far be it for me to question the higher ups on the damned Hellicarrier." The super soldier groans as he shifts his weight around.

"I don't want any fancy heroics in there. We get in, we get out. If there's a fight, don't go crazy. Let me do the heavy lifting. I'm keeping my eye on you, so don't think of running off either."
    DMing:
    ❶ AGAINST THE GIANTS: IC | OOC

3. - Top - End - #3
    Halfling in the Playground

Imp

Spider-Man
    Okay, Peter. Lets play pros and cons. This Stark guy comes around and offers you a job.

Pro: Financial Security.
    Con: Sell your soul to capitalism.

Pro: The boss is at least as lazy as you.
    Con: The boss is probably even lazier than you.

And this SHRA business. Well at least I can be honest to you Aunt May then? Well I could be already. So, actually I
    have to be honest with Aunt May then. I guess my reasons, if I still have any valid ones, wouldn't go away by signing a contract with the devil. Well, at least not by signing a contract with Nick Fury.

On the other hand, I'd be famous. Peter Parker, the Spider-Man. Those sexy coeds would come flying at me! And I'd be the star at school! And everyone who holds even the slightest grudge at me - everyone obviously - will go after Aunt May. Or MJ. Or anyone I care for. Actually, after everyone I know, caring or not. Because they can.
    And because they are bored. I bet they are bored all the time when I'm not around to play with them.

Okay, no big reveal for Spidey - for now. Besides, then I'd have to make pictures of Spider-Man
    and Peter Parker because no one can get them right. So much work!

Spidey keeps rambling on as he swinglines through downtown New York.
    Last edited by d3vil; 2012-11-02 at 09:21 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Luke Cage

Luke shakes his head, partially to clear the last of the cobwebs, partially at Danny's stupidity.

"Chill, chill Colleen. What happened? Which hospital? Never mind. Text me the details. I'm on my way now. Stay calm, I'll be right there.

He hated hanging up on a friend. But he did anyway.

What on earth was that idiot Danny thinking? Their current case wasn't that critical that he had to go and get into a scrap with whoever put him down.

Luke shook his head again, he was glad Jess wasn't around to watch him run into something stupid. Again.

He should have taken up Richards' offer of permanent spot on the team. FF had flying cars fer God's sake. At least then he wouldn't be running after his dumbass partner at godawful at night.

He threw on a leather jacket to keep out the chill in the air, not that he felt it much anymore. He carefully locked the apartment and put his keys in his pocket as another hideous thought hit him.

Where in the heck was he going to get a cab in this neighborhood, at this hour?

Luke Cage shook his head and growled under his breath. Looked like he was in for a long run.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

Penance doesn't answer at first - doesn't even move. He just sits there, half-hidden in the shadows, head down. You couldn't even tell if he were awake or asleep behind that faceless visor. And then he does answer, shifting in his seat, "Where would I run?"

"I want Nitro as much as you do. More, even. So don't worry about me, Agent." his voice has a raw edge to it as he finishes, "I sure won't."

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Walker can't help but think, "This kid has definitely flown over the cuckoo's nets..."

Once more shifting his weight uncomfortably, U.S.Agent responds, "Well I'm glad I don't have to worry about you. I'm still keeping my eye on you though." John then taps his comm and talks to his SHIELD Agents, "I want you guys to hang back, don't come in unless I say so. Even if there's a fight, stay put. I am in command, am I clear?"
    DMing:

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Penance and US Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Felhammer View Post
    John then taps his comm and talks to his SHIELD Agents, "I want you guys to hang back, don't come in unless I say so. Even if there's a fight, stay put. I am in command, am I clear?"
    The radio communication comes back after a moment with a, "Crystal sir." Whatever Director Hill's feelings about Superheroes may be, her agents know how to follow orders.

A general survey of the area reveals that the Terminal appears Completely Deserted with naught but a few Abandoned Trains to litter the area. Despite the lights being on, the figure of the man you were supposed to meet has only now appeared. He is dressed in a long cloak, and appears to be in a wheelchair of some kind, although you can't make out his face.

When you (and/or Penance) eventually walk within his sight he demands, without looking up, "I said I would only speak to Speedball. Where is he?"

Luke Cage

As you get out the front door the text from Colleen comes through:
    Danny was found in civilian wear. He had deep lacerations across his chest, and was choking on some sort of gas when the ambulance found him. The paramedics said he seemed to be suffering from electrical burns as well, before they took him to the closest hospital. Misty was his emergency contact-she told me all this before she got on her motorbike and rode off. Even riding like the damn Ghost Rider she'll take at least an hour to get there.

The address of the hospital is one only a few blocks from your neighborhood. That however is very strange, because the case you were both working on was on completely the other side of town-nowhere near that hospital. What was Danny doing near here-and what or who could do this to him?

As you walk down the tense streets you feel a sharp gust of wind blow across your back setting off car alarms all around you. Are you imagining things or are you being watched?

Spider-man

As you ponder on what Mary Jane would think if she knew u were picturing sexy flying coeds, your spider-sense brings you out of la la land in an instant. Leaping with the experience of a decade ling crime fighter, you determine the source of the danger is on a rooftop almost right next to you.

From a safe distance, you squint at the roof Above the New York Skyline you see a crumpled purple figure surrounded in a pool of blood-apparently it's own. After a moment though you recognise the individual as the Prowler, an old friend and fellow Wallcrawling Superhero. He groans loudly in pain, but despite The Ominpresent sense of Danger your certain Prowler isn't the source.

OOC: Incase it isn't clear the bold phrases are Scene Distinctions. Again I plan on another group post but once we get to an action scene I will be introducing an initiative order, even though your in different scenes.
    Last edited by CoreBrute23; 2012-11-03 at 08:19 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

U.S.Agent

The U.S.Agent slowly gets out the van and slings his distinctive black, red and white shield on his arm. He grasps the leather straps a few times, making sure the shield is in working order. His eyes naturally scan the deserted area, as well as peering inside the abandoned trains (trying to spot any hint of an ambush). He waits for Penance to get out of the car. As he waits, Walker calls out, "Speedball is here. He's just using a different costume. Now you promised us the location of Nitro and we're here to collect. Where's Nitro and how the hell do you know where he is?"
    DMing:

9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground

Penance

Penance follows U.S. Agent's lead, stepping down out of the van. He moves slowly, apprehensive. He peers hard at the cloaked figure, careful not to move too close. Could it really be him? Had Dwayne survived the blast at Stamford too? How could that be possible?

Aloud, he said, "Is that you, Thrash? Are you here for real?"

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Luke Cage

Luke pauses as he walks down the tense streets. He carefully scans the area. Somebody was watching him, but who? And more importantly, why?

He turns up the collar of his leather jacket, making it look like he paused to brace himself against the early autumn chill. He slowly lowers his hands, but does not put them back in his pockets. Instead they slowly curl into hard as iron fists.

Sneak up on me will you? Yeah, you better show your ugly mug. Come Get Some!

Spoiler
    Show

Including the Watchers distinction and invoking one of my own.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Halfling in the Playground

Imp

Spider-Man
    Is that Prowler over there?

Spider-Man climbs onto the roof where his co-worker lies wounded and carefully examines the scene before approaching him.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Spider-man

Prowler coughs as he turns to look at you, with fear in his eyes.

"No get away, you idiot! It's a-"
    before he could finish quoting General Akbar, your Spider Sense had finally identified that out of all the potential danger around you, the green spiked tail should probably be a priority.

"Your finally mine Webhead!" The Scorpion yells as he strikes at you from behind.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: I spend a d10 from the doom pool to get past Spider-man's reflexes and allow Scorpion to go first.

Attack= Scene Distinction d8 (surrounding danger made you misjudge spider-sense) + Solo d8+ Superhuman Strength d10+ Cybernetic Tail d8+ Combat Expert D8=

4d8+1d10 → [5,8,6,8,7] = (34)
    16 with a d10 effect. The effect is Physical stress, no opportunities.

OOC: Scorpion picks the guy following Cage to go next.

Luke Cage
    From above a cackle is heard over the sound of a very distant (or soft) jet engine. The cackle tells you facts-one, this person has been holding it in for a very long time. Two, the person laughing is definitely insane.

"Oh Danny boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling, From glen to glen, and down the mountain side, The summer's gone, and all the flow'rs are dying...what an odd time to start thinking of a funeral song? What have I done today that's put a song in my heart and a skipin my step?"
    Finally you look up to see the Hobgoblin, floating above you on a Glider. But isn't the Hobgoblin in jail or something?

"Whatever it was, I think it bears repeating, BWAHAHAHA!" The goblin screams as it throws several pumpkin bombs at you. As the gas releases you discover it's not explosive, but it's making it difficult to think clearly.

Spoiler
    Show

Insane Distinction d4 (gave away his position before attacking), Solo d8, Flight D8, Goblin Bomb d10, Menace Expert d8=
    1d4+3d8+1d10 → [2,6,7,7,4] = (26)
    14, effect d10. Mental stress. However since it's essentially holding your breath to avoid taking in the gas superhuman Stamina can be used as a defense. I'm not that unfair...in the first round.
    Doom pool is currently 1d6+1d10. Hobgoblin picks to go next...

Penance and US Agent

The man in a wheelchair glances at Penance.

"This pincushion is Speedball? Heh. I guess it's only right that the bringer of so much death should so resemble a corpse."
    It remarks in a cruel tone. "Perhaps you think pricking yourself makes up for all those tombstones."

As he talks however, Walker glances up, as he hears a roaring sound from above. Like a furnace.

"I guess this makes our meeting fortunate. You need to make up for your transgressions to those you murdered,"
    he says slowly before

CRASH

Glass shatters from the rooftop as a man adorned in powered armour but with a glass see through dome over his head flies down, fire coming out his jetpack.

This however momentary distraction diverts both heroes from the sight of Night Thrasher standing up from his wheelchair and raising his arm in a strike. His hood falls back revealing who he is.

"By joining them in Hell!" The Grim Reaper screams, as his scythe unfolds out of his right sleeve, to strike at Penance's turned back.

Spoiler
    Show
    Grim Reaper's roll: Buddy d6, Agent of Life and Death distinction d8, D8 weapon, D8 Menace expert=3d8+1d6 → [5,5,1,5] = (16)
    10 with an effect of d8, one opportunity available for Penance or US agent to buy. The effect is emotional stress; the attack itself will likely miss or glance off, but what he said and the whirlwind of emotion Penance is going through will leave him confused or angry or depressed. Maybe all three or something else entirely, but that's the intent with why it is emotional stress.

Grim picks his buddy Scorcher.

Not paying attention to the drama Grim Reaper is enacting, the inferno scientist raises his flamethrower gauntlets at the walls around them.

"Sorry boys but this job will set me for life. All i need is an order of couple of doo folders extra crispy."
    Flames come out, setting the building itself on fire.

Spoiler
    Show

Buddy d8, get out of Crime distinction d8, Science Expert d8, Flame Blast d10, D6 area effect sfx=

1d6+1d10+3d8 → [1,2,4,1,1] = (9)

Wow. That's just awful. I was going to put a complication on each of you, trapped in a burning building, but yeah. No way your going to fail either of those rolls.

Essentially 3 opportunities either of you can use, a 6 is aimed at US agent with a d4 effect. I don't have enough to split between you two.

OOC: ok now I would pick the next hero to go, however, I will instead say whoever posts next goes. Remember to roll your reaction rolls first, then take your action. When your done either name a hero or just say whoever posts next like I did.

If anyone has a problem with anything I wrote, please let me know OOC or by PM.
    Last edited by CoreBrute23; 2012-11-07 at 06:25 AM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

The U.S.Agent hoists up his heavy shield as fast as he can and protects himself from the hot flames generated from the inferno scientist's flamethrower. He is momentarily reminded how he once saw footage of Captain America doing much the same. Walker grits his teeth as he shoves the mental image from his mind.

Spoiler
    Show
    d8 Buddy; d4 In Cap's Shadow; d8 Enhanced Reflexes; d12 Godlike Durability (shield), d8 Combat Expert.

Buddy (1d8)[8]
    In Cap's Shadow (1d4)[3]
    Enhanced Reflexes (1d8)[8]
    Godlike Durability (1d12)[10]
    Combat Expert (1d8)[2]

18 total with a d8 Effect die.

I'll spend the PP I generated to

U.S.Agent laughs, "How predictable! The idiots try to attack us!" Walker hits his comm and yells, "Don't move in yet, I can handle this!" John rushes to his left then, suddenly, whirls around and flings his heavy shield at one of the Abandoned Trains. The loud thud echoes in the deserted streets. The shield slams against the train and ricochets in the opoosite direction, flying straight for the Inferno Scientist's head.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using the Ricochet SFX, which allows me to step up or double Weapon die, remove the highest rolling die and use 3 dice for my total.

Abandoned Trains (1d8)[1]
    Arrogant (1d8)[1]
    Enhanced Strength (1d10)[4]
    Weapon #1 (1d8)[1]
    Weapon #2 (1d8)[8]
    Combat Expert (1d8)[1]
    Stunt Die Weapon #1 (1d8)[7]

o___________________________O;;;;;;;;

FOUR ONES!? Ouch!

Uhhh....

Ok so remove the highest die and use the three lowest... So a 4 and a 7 = 11. Automatically get a d4 effect die.

Last edited by Felhammer; 2012-11-06 at 08:01 PM.
    DMing:

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Scorcher reaction
    Spoiler
    Show

Buddy d8, I want out of this business distinction d8, Enhanced Durability d8=
    3d8 → [1,5,6] = (12)
    11 d4 effect. So you actually hit, with a D4 physical stress. You wanted to inflict stress right?

I activate your opportunities, giving the Doom pool 2d6 and 1d8. So you get 3PP. Which hero did u want to go next? Or are you just going to say whoever posts next can go like I did?

Doom pool is 3d6+1d8+1d10

As the shield arcs towards the scientist, he raises his arms quickly to block his glass dome. He then smiles at the negligible damage.

"Are you kidding? I've had Wasp stings that hurt more than that."
    Last edited by CoreBrute23; 2012-11-07 at 06:21 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

U.S.Agent

As Walker catches his shield he yells, "Penance, go!"

Spoiler
    Show

Penance can go next.

DMing:

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Luke Cage

Luke staggers slightly under the assault of the Hobgoblin's gas. He glares balefully up at the Hob's glider and holds his breath. Of course, attacked by a flying idiot

Spoiler
    Show

Solo d6 (1d6)[5]
    Come Get Some d4 (1d4)[2] I'll use that PP in a bit.
    Superhuman Stamina d10 (1d10)[1]
    That's one oppurtunity for the Watcher

Luke takes two steps back and runs in to a brick wall. Literally.

He grins savagely. Bet you don't see this coming Gobby.

He runs toward the flying menace and jumps up mightily, executing a flawless layup. One fist clenched tight, one hand stretching towards the Hobgoblin.

Spoiler
    Show

Solo d6 (1d6)[2]
    Spend that PP to get Versitile 2d8 for the jump (2d8)[2][6](8)
    Combat Expert d8 (1d8)[5]
    I'll take that 11
    Last edited by Meriss; 2012-11-14 at 11:04 AM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Luke Cage
    Spoiler
    Show

OOC: finally a post. I was worried people had forgotten this game.

How much mental stress did u get from the hobgoblin attack? It would be nice if you posted what your result and effect reaction die was, so I can incorporate any stress or complications into my reaction roll.

From what I can tell you failed your reaction roll by 7. That means the d10 mental stress effect die is stepped up to d12. Correct me if I am wrong.

Get a pp for the opportunity. The Doompool steps up a d6 to a d8.
    Doom pool is currently 3d6+2d8+1d10

IC: Hobgoblin looks at the leaping Hero for Hire in surprise, before he stepped off the board ending up in freefall but avoiding your attack. Just as it looked like he was about to crash into the ground, the glider flew underneath him and he landed to safely. He laughed maniacly as he started to come round to face Cage.

Spoiler
    Show

Insane D4 (add d6 to Doompool), Solo D8, Flight d8, Enhanced Durability d8, Acrobatic d8= [2,2,1,8,5] = (18)

13 with a d8 Effect. One opportunity if you want it.
    I forgot to the add the mental stress, but he avoided the attack anyway so I felt it unnecessary to add it.

However his SFX activates: SFX: Easy Glider. On any successful reaction that includes FLIGHT, convert opponent's effect die into a Goblin Glider Stunt. So next turn Hobgoblin gets a d8 Glider Blades Stunt

OOC: So Spider-man or Penance. Either of you can post next. No need to wait. Doompool is currently, after me using Insane as a d4, 4d6+2d8+1d10

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

US Agent

Penance glows with orange energy as he lunges at Grim Reaper, putting both of them through the wall of a train. Before US agent can respond though, Scorcher starts firing his blaster again.

Spoiler
    Show
    Essentially just writing off Penance and Grim Reaper out of this scene. You can consider Penance a potential unlockable Back-up rather than a PC, as long as his player isn't around. I'll mention the unlockables again in ACT 3.

Walker moves out of the way of the blast, only to discover what Scorcher is really doing. He's surrounding both himself and the hero in a giant circle of fire.

"You feeling the heat yet? 'Cause i can't-this suit can withstand the heat of a meteorite. So I'm just going to make me some barbeque Captain Wannabe." He laughs again.

Spoiler
    Show
    Scorcher is trying to inflict a complication on US agent-Trapped in a Ring of fire.

Solo d4+Brilliant Chemist d8+d10 Flame Blast+d8 Menance Expert=
    1d4+1d8+1d10+1d8 → [4,8,10,5] = (27)

Spend a d8 from the doompool to add an extra d8 to my total.
    4+10+8=22 with an effect d8.

Doom Pool is currently: 4d6+1d8+1d10

Luke Cage

Laughing maniacally, the Hobgoblin swerves to skewer you in mid air. As he does so, you notice that the sharp edges of the glider have been elongated into blades. But can Luke Cage dodge the hit, given how hard he is finding it to think after the gas?

Spoiler
    Show
    Insane D4 (Instead of adding d6 to Doompool, I'm stepping up a d6 to d8), Solo D8, Flight d8, Glider Blades (Stunt) d8, Combat Expert d8+ Cage's Mental stress d12= 1d4+4d8+1d12 → [1,3,3,5,8,7] = (27)

Result=15 and effect die is 8-intention is to inflict physical stress. One opportunity available for you to activate. will you take advantage of his blatant insanity?

The anticipation is killing me!
    Last edited by CoreBrute23; 2012-11-16 at 04:06 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

U.S.Agent

Walker grits his teeth as he looks around. Penance is gone, the SHIELD Agents will have to play baby sitter now because... Walker is going to have some fun.

A coy smile crosses the U.S.Agent's face as he yells, "This isn't hot, you idiot! This is like a trip to Florida in the summer. I thought you were supposed to be some kind of Fire Expert... After seeing this, even you have to admit - you're pretty LAME!" Walker takes his shield and hoists it in front of his upper torso and head. He then bolts straight for the ring of fire and lunges over the flames.

Spoiler
    Show

Solo: (1d10)[5]
    Arrogant: (1d4)[4] +1PP
    Enhanced Reflexes: (1d8)[7]
    God Like Durability: (1d12)[8]
    Acrobatics Expert: (1d8)[3]

Total: 15, effect die: d10.

Total PP: 2

DRAT! I was really hoping to roll a bit better... But I suppose 22 is a really hard target to hit.

Last edited by Felhammer; 2012-11-16 at 05:00 PM.
    DMing:

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

US Agent

Walker makes a heroic attempt, but he can't quite make it over the fire before he feels a hot pain across his legs. As he stumbles to the ground, he finds the flame creeping over his entire costume. If he doesn't put it out soon, he will be burnt alive.

Spoiler
    Show
    So since 22 is 7 higher than 15, the effect die of the complication goes up to d10. However, since your effect die is higher than my original total, it goes back down to d8.

So you have a d8 complication-but given your description I'm changing it from 'trapped in a ring of fire' to 'Set on fire'.

OOC: Luke Cage, or our new guest Deadpool will be arriving. Remember what I said about your entrance AvianMalkavian.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Make it epic!

21. - Top - End - #21
    Bugbear in the Playground

Deadpool!

First a damn shield hitting off the side of his bedroom/bathroom/kitchen, now a guy covered in spikes cuddling with a gimp HANDICAPABLE PERSON. Enough was enough!

With a cacophony of shattering glass and the thunderclap of gunfire, accompanied by a frenzied "BANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANG!" as that loveable, dashing, rogue Deadpool jumped out the window of an abandoned train, opening fire on the Iron Man Wannabe.

Spoiler
    Show
    Buddy Die: (1d8)[7]
    Distinction: Merc With The Mouth (1d4)[2] (Woo! Plot Points!)
    Toys For Boys: Weapon d8 w/ 'Unnecessary Sales-Boosting Violence!' SFX: (1d10)[2]
    Weapon X Augmentation: Enhanced Reflexes (For Coolness!): (1d8)[6]
    Combat Master: (1d10)[4]

Total: 10
    Effect Die: d10

"I am TRYING to get some sleep! Talk about being railroaded into a fight, huh?" Said to Captain America before he turned to his hated enemy, "Ah! Fire-Dude! We meet again! ... For the first time!"
    Last edited by AvianMalkavian; 2012-11-16 at 05:36 PM.
    Amazing ponified avatar by Madcrafter!

Original avatar by the awesome Savannah:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Scorcher looks up in surprise at both the smattering of bullets, and the sound effects that accompany them.

"Deadpool! How the hell did he get here?" He remarks, raising an arm to protect himself from the shots.

Spoiler
    Show
    Solo d4, I want out of this buisness d4(stepping up my d10 to a d12), Enhanced Durability d8=2d4+1d8 → [3,2,6] = (11)

In this case, I can either spend a d6 to keep a d4 for the total and avoid the attack, or activate invulnerable SFX by paying a d6 and just negate all physical stress. I choose the later-also cause I want to see what Deadpool can do besides cut up tanks.

Doom pool=3d6+1d8+1d10

The bullets bounce off the protective layering in his armor. He turns to look at US agent.

"Seriously, you went and got Deadpool as backup? SHIELD must have really run out of friends when Fury got the sack."

Spoiler
    Show

OOC: What I want to know is-how did US agent miss Deadpool? He checked the trains!
    We are ninja.
    What the-Get out of my post Deadpool!
    Believe it!

Cage is up next I believe, then he can pick whether the heroes start the next round (including himself) or the Watcher characters.
    Last edited by CoreBrute23; 2012-11-16 at 06:20 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Luke Cage

Luke looks down at the ground, in another time, another place, he would be holding up a sign that said "Help!". But here and now he simply wears a puzzled frown. Where was he, why was he flying through the air?

What was going on?

Something calls him back to reality, whether it is Hobgoblin's maniacal laughter or the blaring car alarms or what no one can say.

His mouth snaps open in a primal roar of anger. He twists in the air, reaches forward and grabs the shining blades of the on rushing glider.

Hey Gobby! You forgot one thing.

Luke flexes his steel hard muscles and drags the flying maniac down towards the ground.

This is my hood!

Spoiler
    Show

Solo (1d6)[6]
    Come Get Some! (1d8)[1]
    Versatile (2d8)[1][7](8)
    Combat Expert (1d8)[2]
    Activate Watcher Opportunity as a Stunt (1d10)[1]
    Throw another PP to add The scene Distinction in (1d8)[2]
    Why? WHY???? WHY!?!?!

Well I've got one option.
    Total is 13 Effect die is d8, the rest is all gravy. For the watcher.
    Last edited by Meriss; 2012-11-16 at 09:25 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Luke cage

Hobgoblin chortles as he watches you grab the blades. "Hey Goofball, your IQ needs to be this," holds up seven fingers, "high to ride the ride!" He then points all Seven fingers at you as they begin to glow.

"Now get!" He says as they fire at you, the pain causing you to let go of the glider.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I feel really sorry for you man, the reaction failed That's just bad luck. On the plus side Plot Points! Take 2 pp as I add a d6 and a d8.

You have D8 physical stress. Also did u remember to add 1xp because your facing a challenge in your neighbourhood?

Doom pool is 4d6+2d8+1d12!

As Cage hits the ground, he hears the Hobgoblin remark with a sneer,

"At least Iron Foot put up a decent fight. At least it won't take long before we get to finish him off." He laughs again at his own cruelty.

Spoiler
    Show
    inflicting Emotional Stress. Why? Because I can.

Solo d8, Insane (the fact he is crazy makes the threat more realistic) d8, Flight d8 (could get to the hospital at anytime if you can't stop him), Menace Expert d8= 4d8 → [8,3,8,1] = (20)

16 with a d8 effect, one opportunity. To be fair I didn't add mental stress because being groggy would have made it difficult to hear what he said-making the threat less effective.

I will finish off the rest of the watcher characters later-my iPad is dying and I have to go filming later. It might not come up until this evening. Luke feel free to post a reaction though. However PCs u can act like its your turn if you are around.
    Last edited by CoreBrute23; 2012-11-17 at 07:27 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

US Agent and Deadpool

As Scorcher finds himself surrounded, he raises his arms at both enemies. "Grim Reaper, seriously finish things off with your little BDSM buddy, I need some back up!"

Suddenly the sound of glass shattering (again ) turns both PCs heads as a figure comes through the glass wall. The man is floating on what seems to be jet boots, while wearing a purple costume decorated with numerous boomerangs.

"G'day mate! Sorry for the delay, but I was looking for Deadpool. The miscreant must have gone off the grid. I even hit his favourite strip clubs-you know the one with the 70s theme? There was this one chick called Bea or something and man what she could do with a turn of phrase-"

"Fred?"

"Yeah Scorchie?"

"I promise that you stop talking and start throwing your boomerangs, I won't burn you alive when we're through. Are we clear-" At this point the Australian began quickly and haphazardly throwing boomerangs at the two heroes.

"Crystal Scorchie."

Spoiler
    Show
    Captain Boomerang is throwing explosive boomerangs at US agent and Deadpool. I'm triggering his SFX: Dual Boomerangs: Step down and double the Gimmick Boomerangs die from Boomerang Gear. Spend a d6 from the doom pool to attack two targets.

I'm not certain from the phrasing of that sfx whether that means I get two effect die, or the same effect die affects two PCs. I'm going with the former if no one corrects me.

Buddy d4+ Perfect Pitching Arm d8+ Deadly Accuracy d10+ Gimmick Boomerangs 2d8+ Combat Expert d8=
    1d4+1d8+1d10+2d8+1d8 → [3,5,8,3,3,2] = (24)

13 result with an effect die of d8 and d8 on Deadpool and US agent respectively. The intent is physical stress.

Doom pool is 3d6+2d8+1d12.

Scorcher just shakes his head and begins blasting both heroes with his flamethrowers.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using area effect to hit both of you heroes. Intention is to inflict (or in the case of US agent step up) the complication-set on fire.
    Buddy d8+ Hot Tempered d4 (step up a d8 to d10)+ Flame Blast d10+ Set on Fire (complication) d8+ 1d6 (area effect sfx)=
    1d8+1d4+1d10+1d8+1d6 → [5,4,9,6,3] = (27)

Result is a 15 with an effect die of 8 on both Deadpool and US agent. The complication is 'set on fire'.

Remember-if you want to fight the complication 'stop drop and roll'!

Any player can post next.
    Doom pool is 3d6+1d8+1d10+1d12.

26. - Top - End - #26

Deadpool!

"Well darn! I used my Guns, but it wasn't very effective!"

The Merc with the Mouth gave the Sentinel of Liberty a big thumbs up, "Don't worry, Cap, I'll save you!" Guns were immediately tossed aside while Deadpool began searching his inventory.

"Ah, yes, a katana! The very best they is! When you absolutely, positively, gotta dismember every B-Lister in the room? Accept no substitutes! Hikibah! Hah!" With that, he jumped at Flame Guy like the Spartan guy in that one movie. Did you ever see that? So cool! We could use some slow down and speed up action in here! Where's Zack Snyder when you need him?!

Spoiler
    Show
    Affiliation: Buddy (1d8)[2] (Cap & Deadpool's Marvelous Marvel Team-Up!)
    Distinction: Totally Insane (1d8)[7] (Who attacks an Iron Man knockoff with a sword? Deadpool, that's who! Also Jedi.)
    Toys For Boys: Weapon (w/ Unnecessary Sales-Boosting Violence, of course!) (2d8)[5]
    Weapon X Augmentation: Enhanced Strength (1d8)[5] (Thanks, Canada!)
    Specialties: Combat Master (1d8)[6] (Stepped back by one to use the 'They Can Cut Through A Tank...Honest!' SFX! Rules!)

Total: 16
    Effect Die: d8
    Current Mood: Apathetic
    Last edited by AvianMalkavian; 2012-11-17 at 07:37 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27

Deadpool

"Watch out, Cap! It's Paul Hogan and he's pissed!" Not bothering to notice whether he actually cut Frank Flambeau, Deadpool immediately starts attempting to dodge and teleport away from the incoming boomerangs and the fire!

Spoiler
    Show
    First rolling reaction against Captain Boomerang: Buddy d8, Completely Unpredictable d8, Teleport d8, Enhanced Reflexes d8, Combat Master d10=1d8+1d8+1d8+1d8+1d10 → [5,4,2,7,2] = (20)

Total: 12, Effect: d10

Against Scorcher, using the same pool=1d8+1d8+1d8+1d8+1d10 → [5,2,7,6,2] = (22)

Total: 18 (Spending 1 PP to add a third die to the total), Effect: d10

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Deadpool

Spoiler
    Show
    Superior effect die on your part reduces the D8 physical stress you would have received from the boomerang to d6. No on fire complication.

Now to deal with katana violence: 1d8 buddy, Hot Tempered d4 (add a d6 to Doom pool), Enhanced durability d8=

1d8+1d4+1d8 → [6,3,3] = (12)
    9 with a d8 effect. That would hurt but...SFX invulnerable, eating up the die I just added to the Doompool.

Doom pool is 3d6+1d8+1d10+1d12.
    Last edited by CoreBrute23; 2012-11-17 at 08:06 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

U.S.Agent

"Now I have an S&M weirdo to look after and a nutjob...? Great... My life is just getting better and better these days. I could have been on the Avengers but instead I went off to work for SHIELD. What a great career move John... Oh, and you're still on fire! GAH!"

Suddenly Walker senses a Boomerang headed straight for him. John suddenly sees an opportunity to do something that is both really flashy and will help end this fight faster. "I'M SICK OF YOU VILLAINS! YOUR TIME IS UP CAPTAIN KANGAROO!" U.S.Agent takes his shield and hurls it right at the Boomerang. The two objects hit in mid-air, sending walker's Shield off into the Abandoned Trains. Being made of Vibranium means that the Shield will bounce right off and - if he gets the angle just right - fly right at Captain Boomerang's throwing arm, hopefully dislocating or breaking it.

Spoiler
    Show

Using Ricichet: Step up or double weapon die against a single target, remove highest die, use 3 dice for result.

Buddy (1d8)[3]
    Arrogant (1d4)[3] +1 PP
    Abandoned Trains (1d8)[6]
    Enhanced Strength (1d10)[1]
    Weapon 1 (1d8)[4]
    Weapon 2 (1d8)[5]
    Combat Expert (1d8)[3]

If I beat your 13, I intend to spend 1 of my Plot Points to use my Effect die against Captain Boomerang to inflict a "Broken Throwing Arm" complication against him.

So... 1 Opportunity.

I automatically loose the 6.

I use 3 dice for my total... So 5+4+3 = 12.

I will spend a PP to use add another die to my total, which is now 15.

I will then spend my last PP to create a d8 Complication against Captain Kangaroo Boomerang called "Broken Throwing Arm".

PP: 0

Last edited by Felhammer; 2012-11-18 at 01:34 PM.
    DMing:

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Thumbs down Re: MHR-Fury's Secret War IC

US agent

Boomerang smirked when he saw the explosion, before he heard a sound to his right.

"What the-" CRUNCH! "OH jesus my arm!" As the shield neatly flies back into the US agent's waiting grasp, Captain Boomerang holds his right arm while screaming in pain. The arm is definitely at a weird angle.

"This is why Bullseye got the adamantium lacing dip****." Scorcher remarks.

"Shut up! I'm gonna kill this *******!" The Australian retorted!

Spoiler
    Show
    US agent you forgot to roll against Scorcher stepping up your fire complication. Oh don't forget, he has D4 physical stress from your first attack.

Spoiler
    Show
    US Agent, Luke Cage, you guys have actions left this round.
    Last edited by CoreBrute23; 2012-11-18 at 04:23 PM.