New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Minecraft Thread X: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the ... SSSSSSSS

Quote Originally Posted by Forbiddenwar View Post
    Wow, so they are not bothering to fix any of the extensive bugs in 1.3? Or make the game challenging at all? And instead have come out with a whole new release, with a whole new range of bugs in addition to the old ones.

Fix your game Notch!Fix it by taking it away from Jebs
    Woah. Stop right there. Not challenging? Try playing full vanilla, on normal or hrad, then get back to me. Also, what bugs in specific? And two questions for the public: What are creosote oil and nikolite for? They're on tekkit, no idea what for. Oh, and please get commands up and running. I really, really need warps and /home on tekkit.
    Sometimes, I have strong opinions on seemingly inconsequential matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisis21 View Post
    Phhase he played four
    He played nick nack on my door
    With a nick nack paddy whack
    Give a dog a bone
    Phhase came rolling home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventruenox View Post
    You found a way to backstab... with a ballista...

I want to play at your table.
    Spoiler: How to have a Good Idea
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Buy a lava lamp, it more than doubles the rate of good ideas :p
    Better yet, buy this lava lamp.

2. - Top - End - #962
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Minecraft Thread X: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the ... SSSSSSSS

Quote Originally Posted by Phhase View Post
    Woah. Stop right there. Not challenging? Try playing full vanilla, on normal or hrad, then get back to me. Also, what bugs in specific? And two questions for the public: What are creosote oil and nikolite for? They're on tekkit, no idea what for. Oh, and please get commands up and running. I really, really need warps and /home on tekkit.
    Creosote Oil is used in Railcraft. Nikolite can be used in RedPower (I think there's a machine or two that either needs nikolite or the alloy formed from it), and is also worth a decent amount of EMC for EE.

3. - Top - End - #963
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

Woah. Stop right there. Not challenging? Try playing full vanilla, on normal or hrad, then get back to me
    Erm... I don't really find vanilla challenging at all anymore, to be honest. Hunger helped, but all it takes is the time needed to set up a farm. non-vanilla is actually harder, with things like the mocreatures ogres and whatever mod has cyclones.

4. - Top - End - #964
    Titan in the Playground

Nikolite is used in Bluetric power from the RP2 mod. This is needed for setting up an IC2 power setup with water mills, some pneumatic tubes, and a Filter, a Retriever, and a Deployer. It's basically a bucket brigade which provides 2 eu/tic per water mill, and 2x water mills per generator. Get it all going, and it can be about the best IC2 energy production short of 9x Geothermals hooked up to gold waterproof piping and a constant source of lava.

Nikolite is also used in Bluetric Batteries, Battery Box, and 1x silver + 4x Nikolite is needed for Blue Alloy Ingots, needed to make some of the aforementioned devices, plus needed for Bluetric Wiring. Nikolite is also needed in making Blue Doped Wafers, needed for bluetric solar panels.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

5. - Top - End - #965

I used most of my stockpile of Nikolite to get a lot of the common discoveries: its quite Abundant down in the depth and when you are not doing anything needing it builds up fast
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

6. - Top - End - #966
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    I used most of my stockpile of Nikolite to get a lot of the common discoveries: its quite Abundant down in the depth and when you are not doing anything needing it builds up fast
    Yea, if you are using it, however, it goes by *fast*. You can go through a stack and not realize it.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #967

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    Yea, if you are using it, however, it goes by *fast*. You can go through a stack and not realize it.
    EE could come in handy there - either using a transmutation table for converting coal/redstone/EE fuels and the like into nikolite or using a condenser to turn anything into nikolite (perhaps using the block breaker + cobble generator setup to get a stream of cobble to condense)

8. - Top - End - #968
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Volt View Post
    EE could come in handy there - either using a transmutation table for converting coal/redstone/EE fuels and the like into nikolite or using a condenser to turn anything into nikolite (perhaps using the block breaker + cobble generator setup to get a stream of cobble to condense)
    Cobble is worth very, very little though. You'd be a lot better off setting up a large cactus farm. (or any kind of farm, really, but cacti is one of the cheapest/easiest to automate)
    Excellent avatar by Elder Tsofu.

9. - Top - End - #969
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Volt View Post
    Eh, if you're going to do that, then just go whole hog, set up some collectors to some condensers and start cranking out diamonds every tic.

One of the several reasons I no longer play with EE. It trivializes literally everything else. It really needs a significant investment to get going so you can't just get it up as soon as you hit your first hit and run into the nether for glowstone. Something like the research mechanic from TC2 would be a significant speedbump, and would be quite fun as well. Without that... meh.

Don't get me wrong, EE is internally balanced. It's just not balanced against literally every other mod out there.
    Last edited by ShneekeyTheLost; 2012-08-10 at 06:49 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #970

I think EE is disabled on the Tekkit server.
    Phhase he played four
    Give a dog a bone

Show

11. - Top - End - #971
    Troll in the Playground

Woah. Stop right there. Not challenging? Try playing full vanilla, on normal or hrad, then get back to me.
    *yawn* I've played full vanilla on hard since September 2010. Ah, the good days before regenerating health, beds and good armor. I have survived for several weeks in Hardcore before I took off my armor put away my weapons, just to make it more interesting.

I know I can mod it to play Ultra Hardcore. That's a challenge. Or I can avoid food and beds like the plague. But I just remember when hard was, you know, hard, without breaking the game in a conscious effort in order to make it hard.

Also, Ogres hard? I guess they were at first. I remember going to sleep and have an ogre destroy my bed while still in. Good times, good times. But Mo creatures, last I checked, also added things to make the game much easier, like easy to find tame and breed flying mounts.

Specific bugs: They didn't fix multiplayer, they just broke single player by making it multiplayer, so now we have server lagging mobs, and every other multiplayer bug, IN SINGLE PLAYER!

Also,
    Zombies no longer attack players if they get hit by one. They just stop moving and look stupid.

The heart of my rage is the idea that mojang has given up on making 1.3 work and went straight on to making 1.4. Now, logically, I can understand having one team of people fix bugs in the current update, while another team work on developing the next update, I just didn't think Mojang invested that many different teams to minecraft.

Now, as an old minecraft player, i have to say. Get Off of my lawn!
    Last edited by Forbiddenwar; 2012-08-10 at 08:40 PM.

12. - Top - End - #972

Now, as an old minecraft player, i have to say. Get Off of my lawn!
    And I say to you, show me screenshots of the all fleecy boxes in say Legendary or Waking Up.

Bet those'll give you a good challenge.
    Last edited by memnarch; 2012-08-10 at 09:16 PM.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

13. - Top - End - #973
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by memnarch View Post
    And I say to you, show me screenshots of the all fleecy boxes in say Legendary or Waking Up.

Bet those'll give you a good challenge.
    Not too familiar with playing vechs maps, but I've seen lots of videos on them. I should give them a try.

14. - Top - End - #974

BlackDragon

Also, Ogres hard?
    Mostly because of them knockin' down my wall several times, really

Also, they have not stopped work on 1.3. they are going to be releasing bugfixes, but they are also working on major features for 1.4.

15. - Top - End - #975

Maybe its time to take a break from it if its no longer challenging your boat to the degree it used to - many things are better after a time away from them.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

16. - Top - End - #976
    Ettin in the Playground

Good news: I got a really nice new laptop and Tekkit works on it!
    Bad news: I can't find the Tekkit server IP address after digging through several pages of this thread!
    Ugly news: none.
    LGBTA+itP

17. - Top - End - #977

Uf.serveftp.com
    Phhase he played four
    Give a dog a bone

Show

18. - Top - End - #978
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eledragon View Post
    Erm... I don't really find vanilla challenging at all anymore, to be honest. Hunger helped, but all it takes is the time needed to set up a farm. non-vanilla is actually harder, with things like the mocreatures ogres and whatever mod has cyclones.
    I admit, I would enjoy a few extra challenges in the world. In vanilla, once you survive that first night and set up a farm, it's pretty easy. Sure, you've got occasional dangerous bits like dungeon exploration, but those are fairly few and far between, and avoidable.

I'd definitely welcome more types of mobs, environmental challenges, and so forth.

19. - Top - End - #979
    Titan in the Playground

the Beacon effect's i'm not too sure of, just seems like a little too much magic then is really necessary in minecraft i think. Though i do welcome the zombie villagers for the sake of zombie apocalypse maps. Unleash one zombie into a city full of villagers and little or no iron golems, then just wait to see how long you can last.

I just hope the zombie villagers don’t keep spawning normally like normal zombies, otherwise you can just cure a random spawned zombie villager and start a new village in the middle of nowhere.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #980
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tyndmyr View Post
    I admit, I would enjoy a few extra challenges in the world. In vanilla, once you survive that first night and set up a farm, it's pretty easy. Sure, you've got occasional dangerous bits like dungeon exploration, but those are fairly few and far between, and avoidable.

I'd definitely welcome more types of mobs, environmental challenges, and so forth.
    Aye, I to would enjoy more challenges in minecraft, the zombie villages sound like they could end up fun though, even more so if they are a common terrain feature to spawn(and if soem sort of hostile golem is introduced for them)
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-08-11 at 04:05 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

21. - Top - End - #981

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    I just hope the zombie villagers don’t keep spawning normally like normal zombies, otherwise you can just cure a random spawned zombie villager and start a new village in the middle of nowhere.
    How is this a bad thing? Makes it slightly less of a giant PITA to populate a newly constructed village and gives golden apples a reason to exist in a potion-filled world.

22. - Top - End - #982
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ogremindes View Post
    How is this a bad thing? Makes it slightly less of a giant PITA to populate a newly constructed village and gives golden apples a reason to exist in a potion-filled world.
    Because Project Pokemon is awsome?
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #983
    Ettin in the Playground

what is project pokemon?
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

24. - Top - End - #984
    Titan in the Playground

The Invasion Mod might also bring some interesting challenges for you.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #985

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    The Invasion Mod might also bring some interesting challenges for you.
    I tried it with my friend in multiplayer and had a blast, but I would really count that as more of a gamemode rather than a difficulty enhancement.

26. - Top - End - #986
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    what is project pokemon?

Gathering villigers from a villige, putting them into minecarts, and then sending them off to a new destinaition by using a pair of furnace minecarts to chug them along up hills and prevent them from falling backwards
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #987

I just logged into the Hardcore map for the first time in a while. Someone killed all my dogs :(

28. - Top - End - #988
    Ettin in the Playground

could it be because I aggroed them by mistake?(I didn't kill any, but could that cause them to become buggy?)
    Meow(Steam page)

29. - Top - End - #989
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hey all. I've gone and added my name to the list for the server and am now posting here as instructed. Just out of curiosity, is it a very active place?

30. - Top - End - #990
    Titan in the Playground

Everyone seems to have moved on to a Tekkit fad for the time being, but theirs one or two people on the normal server working on persional projects most times.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show