New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 62122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition

I just noticed something quite troubling. It seems that even though my fighter is level 3, Defensive Spin reduces his AC only by one point. I'm not sure why. Maybe it only counts Blade levels for the purposes of this ability?
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #902
    Troll in the Playground

I checked it in Near Infinity and it seems it's just the Def Spin progression being weird as ****.

It starts at -1 AC at level 1.
    Then nothing.
    Then it goes all the way to -4 at level 4.
    Then progresses at every even level thereafter.

I don't even know why the hell it would be like that, but you should see it go down to -4 after the next level up; I can see no class checks on a cursory glance.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Isn't all roleplaying escapist fantasy (especially to the eyes of People Who Don't Like That Sort Of Thing?)
    Sure, but it all depends on how you as a player approach that thing. I'm sure most of us do it to get away for some time, or because they're just interested in the genre and like the feeling of exploring foreign worlds, and that's fine.

But then there are people living vicariously through their alter egos, and that isn't.

At a loss as to how a pretend romance is any different to a pretend friendship or a pretend bad-ass Swordsman With Attitude.
    I'm not sure if you're just being facetious here, but come on, it may all be silly make-believe to most of us, but you know there's guys out there jacking off to horrible hentai fan art right now.
    Last edited by Johnny Blade; 2012-12-08 at 04:51 PM.

3. - Top - End - #903
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    I checked it in Near Infinity and it seems it's just the Def Spin progression being weird as ****.

It starts at -1 AC at level 1.
    Then nothing.
    Then it goes all the way to -4 at level 4.
    Then progresses at every even level thereafter.

I don't even know why the hell it would be like that, but you should see it go down to -4 after the next level up; I can see no class checks on a cursory glance.
    Huh. "Weird as ****" is quite an apt description. I reached level 4 in the meantime - I was a bunch of XP away when I wrote that post - and it does reduce my AC by 4 points. When I use it, my Skirmisher with 18 Dexterity and wearing a +1 Studded Leather has AC -2, 1 point higher than Ajantis wearing the gloves of Dexterity, a plate mail and a +1 shield.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-12-08 at 05:03 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

4. - Top - End - #904
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Huh. "Weird as ****" is quite an apt description.
    It gets better. I was intrigued by the sheer strangeness of this, and looked a bit more into it.

First off, of the 10 effects activating the Spin has, only one actually changes (the one that gives the AC bonus, obviously), the rest stays constant at all levels. So you can't even explain this with laziness, because giving it a proper progression would be copy-pasting the Spell ability and changing exactly two numbers for each level.

Weirder still, Defensive Spin progresses at levels 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20.

So the kit description - which says you get -1 AC/level - is, as noted previously, a big fat lie.

What turns out isn't a lie is that it's capped at -10 at level 10. But the duration is fixed at 24 seconds.

So I wondered. And I compared the effects it has at two progression levels beyond 10. Unless I have missed something, every single line is exactly the same.

I...just don't understand.

But at least this means it's absurdly easy to fix.
    Last edited by Johnny Blade; 2012-12-08 at 05:17 PM.

5. - Top - End - #905
    Titan in the Playground

That is weird. Why give it progression beyond level 10 if the AC bonus doesn't get higher and the duration is 24 seconds regardless of level?

6. - Top - End - #906
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, from level 10 on it seems to be a progression without, well, anything actually progressing, as it were.

You could probably take the 10 individual Spell ability entries that it has right now and adjust the two numbers that do change (Minimum level and the amount your AC is reduced by, that really seems to be it) to make it work as advertised.

It would take like 10 minutes.

Actually, I'll do it right now, I want to see if messing with it causes anything terrible to happen or if it's really just the progression being as nonsensical as it seems to me.

EDIT: And I'm done. Now to test.

EDIT again: Tested at levels 1, 3, 7, 10, 28, 39. Works just fine for all I can tell.

Morty, can you tell me if your Defensive Spin Spell Ability entry for level 1 looks like this:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Type: Melee (1)
    Unknown: 00 h
    Ability icon location: Innate slots (4)
    Icon: SPCL522B.BAM
    Target type: Caster (5)
    Range: 1
    Minimum level: 1
    Casting speed: 0
    To hit: 0
    Dicesize: 6
    # dice: 0
    Enchanted: 0
    Damage type: Piercing (1)
    # effects: 10
    Effect index: 0
    # charges: 1
    Unknown: 01 00 h
    Projectile type: None(1)
    Effect: Type: Modify script state (282),Targettype: TargetSelf (1),Power: 0,Value: 2,State: SCRIPTINGSTATE4 - 3,
    Effect: Type: Bonus to AC (0),Targettype: TargetSelf (1),Power: 0,AC value: 1,Bonus to: ( All weapons ),
    Effect: Type: Movementrate bonus (126),Targettype: TargetSelf (1),Power: 0,Value: 0,Modifier type: Set (1),
    Effect: Type: Blur (65),Targettype: TargetSelf (1),Power: 0,Unknown: 00 00 00 00 h,Unknown: 00 00 00 00 h,
    Effect: Type: Display portrait icon (142),Targettype: TargetSelf (1),Power: 0,Unknown: 00 00 00 00 h,
    Effect: Type: Play sound (174),Targettype: TargetSelf (1),Power: 0,Unknown: 00 00 00 00 h,
    Effect: Type: Play sound (174),Targettype: TargetSelf (1),Power: 0,Unknown: 00 00 00 00 h,
    Effect: Type: Protection from spell (206),Targettype: TargetSelf (1),Power: 0,String: Spin already active.,
    Effect: Type: Immunity to effect (101),Targettype: TargetSelf (1),Power: 0,Unknown: 00 00 00 00 h,
    Effect: Type: Protection from spell (206),Targettype: TargetSelf (1),Power: 0,String: Spin already active.,

(Open the spell in Near Infinity, switch to the Edit tab, scroll down until you see things labeled Spell ability in the Attribute column, compare the code of the first Spell ability entry to what I just posted.)

If they match up, I could upload the edited version of the spell file somewhere and you could play with a proper AC progression.
    Last edited by Johnny Blade; 2012-12-08 at 06:00 PM.

7. - Top - End - #907
    Titan in the Playground

I'm not sure if you're just being facetious here, but come on, it may all be silly make-believe to most of us, but you know there's guys out there jacking off to horrible hentai fan art right now.
    And my point is: so what?

Is it, cosmically speaking, worse than any other form of sexual fantasy? Visually or auditory aided (or with assistance from Significant Others) or otherwise?

What other people do in their spare time should not be of concern to you, or to me; unless they are forcing us to view it (which is unacceptable behavior regardless of whether you're talking about sex, football, ponies or mushy peas).

Cosmically speaking, what gives other people their jollies is their business (so long as it's legal) and is neither yours, nor mine, nor our place to judge.

Personally, I frankly find the whole affair squicky, regardless of what genders involved and whether there are real or imaginary people. There are lots of people out there having sex and I don't particularly find the thought of that any less (or more) squicky that what someone on their own does. From my point of view, sex with other people has zero more (and no less) legitimacy than, as you delicately put it, "jacking off."

Again, if you are advocating a complete and total removal of sexuality of all stripes - from all media (let's replace it all with something worthwhile, e.g. starships or something) - then hey, yeah, right behind you.

But I personally find the rationale of "I don't like romance in computer games because somebody might be pleasuring themselves to it" to be as creepy as you do the aforementioned, to be honest. There are plenty of legitimate reasons to not want romances (or badly done romances) in games (starting with flat-out "I don't like romance/sex/etc, period", but I do not believe that "other people who I will probably never meet might be doing something I don't like" should rank among them.

Sorry, I was really trying not to get into this and derail the thread. I just felt I had to address this (hopefully with a bit more reasonable discourse than on some of the Obsidian and Bioware forums).

For the record, I wouldn't care a jot if they ditched the romances and used the spare space and time to build meaningful friendships (etc) with party members instead, as they did with ME.

(Ditching that character/party interaction altogether for more combat would be, I think, rather missing one of central concepts of a party RPG. While I have no objection to building your own entire party as an option (as you could do with BG and will be able to do in Project: Eternity), I do think it should be an option and not the default.)
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-12-08 at 06:06 PM.

8. - Top - End - #908
    Ogre in the Playground

Huh. I played through Baldurs Gate many times over the years, and I have never encountered the "amazon brigade", at least, not that I remember.

On another matter:
    Spoiler
    Show
    What's the deal with Ender Sai? The guy in the bandit leaders' tent; he's an awesome little minor character, but he's only around for that scene. You never meet him again, even in the city. Is he from some other media, like a book or some other game? Is he a reference to something else? (like the Ender's Game books?)
    Spoiler: Ironcage Keep
    Show
    Initiative:

- Leo
    - Enemies
    - Frith (Light, 92 rounds), Obergrym (rage 5 rounds, 14/17 hp), Melrik - CURRENT
    - Enemies
    - Jade
    - Enemies

9. - Top - End - #909
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Perhaps you could bother to learn the difference between your subjective opinion and objective fact.
    This, oh, so much this.

Btw, guys. Is there any news regarding BG2 EE?

10. - Top - End - #910
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Seharvepernfan View Post
    Huh. I played through Baldurs Gate many times over the years, and I have never encountered the "amazon brigade", at least, not that I remember.
    They are in the map that is exit from mines. To the right of that area of the map.

I've fought them before going into mines before. Which is funny because they act like I've done something to Iron Throne people.

11. - Top - End - #911
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Haha, it's so fun reading all these comments ^^
    This was the very first game I played that got me into D&D, I remember when it came out and I was completely mystified by it. I can remember dying in every other encounter because I was a thief mage. I would never listen to my friend who told me to make the main character tanky. I thought maybe I died so much because I never really understood the 2.0 mechanics... But in reality I can see now that everyone had some trouble with it :D

I just tried installing the original game on my computer, sadly one of my discs is scratched and the game crashes as I try to import my character into a fresh game :(

I suppose I will just have to re-purchase it :D

"Those who live by the sword, get shot by those who don't."

12. - Top - End - #912
    Titan in the Playground

Morty, can you tell me if your Defensive Spin Spell Ability entry for level 1 looks like this:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Effect: Type: Modify script state (282),Targettype: TargetSelf (1),Power: 0,Value: 2,State: SCRIPTINGSTATE4 - 3,
    Effect: Type: Bonus to AC (0),Targettype: TargetSelf (1),Power: 0,AC value: 1,Bonus to: ( All weapons ),
    Effect: Type: Movementrate bonus (126),Targettype: TargetSelf (1),Power: 0,Value: 0,Modifier type: Set (1),
    Effect: Type: Blur (65),Targettype: TargetSelf (1),Power: 0,Unknown: 00 00 00 00 h,Unknown: 00 00 00 00 h,
    Effect: Type: Display portrait icon (142),Targettype: TargetSelf (1),Power: 0,Unknown: 00 00 00 00 h,
    Effect: Type: Immunity to effect (101),Targettype: TargetSelf (1),Power: 0,Unknown: 00 00 00 00 h,

(Open the spell in Near Infinity, switch to the Edit tab, scroll down until you see things labeled Spell ability in the Attribute column, compare the code of the first Spell ability entry to what I just posted.)

If they match up, I could upload the edited version of the spell file somewhere and you could play with a proper AC progression.
    What I have looks like this:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Effect: Type: Unknown (B0) (176),Targettype: TargetSelf (1),Power: 0,Value: 0,Modifier type: Set (1),
    Effect: Type: Play sound (174),Targettype: TargetSelf (1),Power: 0,Unknown: 0c 7a 00 00 h,
    Effect: Type: Play sound (174),Targettype: TargetSelf (1),Power: 0,Unknown: 0c 7a 00 00 h,
    Effect: Type: Protection from spell (206),Targettype: TargetSelf (1),Power: 0,Unknown: ee 64 00 00 h,
    Effect: Type: Protection from spell (206),Targettype: TargetSelf (1),Power: 0,Unknown: ee 64 00 00 h,

It mostly matches up, but there are some differences. I'm also getting an error message when I try to open the entry for Defensive Spin.
    In other news, it seems I've already encountered some new items, like a +1 Longsword with some bonuses against undead that wasn't there in the vanilla BG. I've yet to find any magical bastard sword, though, which makes me consider switching Ajantis' proficiency to Longsword. I need to switch it somehow anyway, since he's got two points in Two-Handed Sword that are going to waste. I'd put those points in the Sword-and-Shield style if it wasn't so lame.
    I'm also wondering about the applicability of the Glitterdust spell. Blinding enemies is nice, but it doesn't take them out of the fight the way Web, Horror or Stinking Cloud do. On the other hand, it only affects enemies, so you don't risk hitting your own party. And unlike with Horror, you don't have to chase the enemies all over the place.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-12-09 at 07:21 AM.

13. - Top - End - #913
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ~Nye~ View Post
    Haha, it's so fun reading all these comments ^^
    This was the very first game I played that got me into D&D, I remember when it came out and I was completely mystified by it. I can remember dying in every other encounter because I was a thief mage. I would never listen to my friend who told me to make the main character tanky. I thought maybe I died so much because I never really understood the 2.0 mechanics... But in reality I can see now that everyone had some trouble with it :D

I just tried installing the original game on my computer, sadly one of my discs is scratched and the game crashes as I try to import my character into a fresh game :(

I suppose I will just have to re-purchase it :D
    Your choices are gog version 5 dollars or enchanced version 20 dollars. Enhanced has a lot of bugs fixed, new content, and actual support.

It mostly matches up, but there are some differences. I'm also getting an error message when I try to open the entry for Defensive Spin.
    In other news, it seems I've already encountered some new items, like a +1 Longsword with some bonuses against undead that wasn't there in the vanilla BG. I've yet to find any magical bastard sword, though, which makes me consider switching Ajantis' proficiency to Longsword. I need to switch it somehow anyway, since he's got two points in Two-Handed Sword that are going to waste. I'd put those points in the Sword-and-Shield style if it wasn't so lame.
    I'm also wondering about the applicability of the Glitterdust spell. Blinding enemies is nice, but it doesn't take them out of the fight the way Web, Horror or Stinking Cloud do. On the other hand, it only affects enemies, so you don't risk hitting your own party. And unlike with Horror, you don't have to chase the enemies all over the place.

Harrower Longsword?
    Horror only hits enemies just like glitterdust. Spook is single target but has a save penalty unliker horror.

Due to AI blind enemies are helpless versus ranged, they only fight back vs melee.

14. - Top - End - #914
    Troll in the Playground

What I have looks like this:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Effect: Type: Unknown (B0) (176),Targettype: TargetSelf (1),Power: 0,Value: 0,Modifier type: Set (1),

I marked the two parts you'd have to edit. You really just have to change the red numbers to ones that make more sense and give you a proper progression.
    I did it by going through the entries in succession. So the first entry (for level 1) stayed the same, the second one (level 4) had both numbers changed from 4 to 2, the third (6) from 6 to 3 etc.
    That was probably too much work (Minutes were wasted!); you could most likely just use the superfluous entries (levels 12+) and change them to give you Spell abilities for the missing levels (2, 3...).

The error messages are probably just due to Near Infinity not recognizing some EE-added things. At least that's what I think, since the ability seems to function in your game.

However, if something bad happens, the edited version of the ability is stored in your Override folder, as SPCL522.spl. Should it unexpectedly kill your game, just go there and delete it.

I like Glitterdust a lot because it has a short Casting Time (but so have Web and Horror) and almost nothing - might actually be nothing in BG1, I have successfully blinded Slimes - is immune to blindness.
    It's a great catch-all emergency debuff.
    This gets more relevant with SCS, which makes enemies use spells better and gives them potions that they chug with wild abandon, so it's possible that Web and Horror won't work on the enemies you need them to stop. Glitterdust doesn't have that problem. Not sure how the AI is in Enhanced Edition, of course.

@ Aotrs Commander, spoilered for derail:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Cosmically speaking, what gives other people their jollies is their business (so long as it's legal) and is neither yours, nor mine, nor our place to judge.
    I disagree about two things here.
    First, I don't think legality is the be-all-end-all here. Of course, going into this is not even something we're allowed to do here, but let it be known that over here in Germany, we've had debates about finally prohibiting bestiality again after it's been legal for over 40 years.

Second, when someone recedes into his/her escapist fantasies instead of actually living in and confronting the real world, I'm perfectly willing to judge. Actually detailing the thoughts behind that would be a massive derail however, and to be perfectly honest I don't particularly want to have that discussion, so I'll just leave it at that.

But I personally find the rationale of "I don't like romance in computer games because somebody might be pleasuring themselves to it" to be as creepy as you do the aforementioned, to be honest. There are plenty of legitimate reasons to not want romances (or badly done romances) in games (starting with flat-out "I don't like romance/sex/etc, period", but I do not believe that "other people who I will probably never meet might be doing something I don't like" should rank among them.
    First off, I think you may have confused me with cnsvnc('s hyperbolic first post on the subject) here; I never said I don't want romances in games.
    I just don't want them to be added to a game just because certain people demand them when they don't fit.
    I also don't want them to be badly written, but I don't think anyone really wants to pay 60 bucks for a badly written game, so that's not much of a point.

Anyway, there are two reasons why I have an issue with romances being written for the aforementioned audience:

First, nothing exists in a vacuum, and how we see a work's context will always influence how we judge the work itself to some degree. It's just the way it is. And once you get the feeling that something is written with the fantasies of some basement-dwelling creeps in mind it's pretty hard to shake. It won't necessarily make me feel uncomfortable, but it's hard to take a romance seriously enough to actually enjoy the writing once you think of it as elf porn for weird people.

Second, jerk-off material just doesn't make for good writing.

Anyway, that's where I stand as far as romances in RPGs are concerned. As mentioned before, I don't really want to take this discussion any further, this is just to make clearer where I'm coming from.
    Last edited by Johnny Blade; 2012-12-09 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Spin stuff now in technicolor

15. - Top - End - #915
    Titan in the Playground

I did what you said. The game doesn't crash and I can use the Defensive Spin normally. I'll see what happens when I hit level 5 and use it.
    Also: is there an actual point to using bastard swords instead of longswords? I've never thought about it before, but now I realize that their damage is identical, but bastard swords are slower. And their magical versions are more rare and expensive.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-12-09 at 04:02 PM.

16. - Top - End - #916
    Troll in the Playground

Well, you get half a point more damage on average. But, overall, they really are kind of bad, not factoring in modded or EE items.

17. - Top - End - #917
    Troll in the Playground

Also: is there an actual point to using bastard swords instead of longswords? I've never thought about it before, but now I realize that their damage is identical, but bastard swords are slower. And their magical versions are more rare and expensive.

Apparently you are more likely to roll >=2 on a 1d4 than you are a >=4 on a 1d8, plus it's 2d4+1 instead of 1d8. And that's it. I guess the good B.Swords start appearing in the sequel.
    Last edited by Winthur; 2012-12-09 at 09:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

18. - Top - End - #918
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Winthur View Post
    Apparently you are more likely to roll >=2 on a 1d4 than you are a >=4 on a 1d8, plus it's 2d4+1 instead of 1d8. And that's it. I guess the good B.Swords start appearing in the sequel.
    It's more that you're less likely to roll <=2 twice on 2d4 than you are to roll <=4 on 1d8 (the downside is that you're also less likely to roll >=3 twice than you are to roll >=6 on 1d8, but as a rule predictability works in favor of the player). Rolling 2d4 gives a range of 2-8 with an average of 5 and a marked central tendency (that is, results cluster around the mean), while the 1d8 gives a range of 1-8 with mean of 4.5 and no central tendency. Of course, 2d4+1 boosts that even a little higher: a range of 3-9 with a mean of 6 is nearly on par with a 2d6 (range of 2-12, mean 7 with a slightly weaker central tendency), and you can still use a shield with it.

Phil the Piratical Platypus avatar by Serpentine

19. - Top - End - #919
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    It's more that you're less likely to roll <=2 twice on 2d4 than you are to roll <=4 on 1d8 (the downside is that you're also less likely to roll >=3 twice than you are to roll >=6 on 1d8, but as a rule predictability works in favor of the player). Rolling 2d4 gives a range of 2-8 with an average of 5 and a marked central tendency (that is, results cluster around the mean), while the 1d8 gives a range of 1-8 with mean of 4.5 and no central tendency. Of course, 2d4+1 boosts that even a little higher: a range of 3-9 with a mean of 6 is nearly on par with a 2d6 (range of 2-12, mean 7 with a slightly weaker central tendency), and you can still use a shield with it.
    Exactly.

Oh jumping back into this thread... maybe someone has already asked this: Have they added gear so it is WORTH taking anything but longsword as a skill? This irritated me to no end when I played it back then... you have all these skills and weapon types, and you have what? 5 times the ammount of magic longswords compared to any other weapon type?
    Blizzard Battletag: UnderDog#21677

Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

20. - Top - End - #920
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Avilan the Grey View Post
    Exactly.

Oh jumping back into this thread... maybe someone has already asked this: Have they added gear so it is WORTH taking anything but longsword as a skill? This irritated me to no end when I played it back then... you have all these skills and weapon types, and you have what? 5 times the ammount of magic longswords compared to any other weapon type?
    I'm level 5 now, going through Cloakwood, and the only new melee weapon I can recall was, you guessed it, a longsword. At least, I think it was new - a +1 longsword with a +3 to hit and damage against undead.

21. - Top - End - #921
    Banned

22. - Top - End - #922
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Ooh, I gotta get me that Stupifier for Viconia.

23. - Top - End - #923
    Titan in the Playground

Albruin is the new bastardsword: +2 damage bonus, prot from poison for user and detect illusion once per day

I can't find Simmeon on that note.

I have 4 Int so the cursed item Big fisted belt will raise my Int to 6? Need to do Rasad's quest to get it.

And Katana's don't break (nonmagical ones)

24. - Top - End - #924
    Bugbear in the Playground

Where can you get non-magical Katana? All I've found is the magic one.
    ~ZA

25. - Top - End - #925
    Barbarian in the Playground

Sorry if it was said like a hundred pages ago, but has anyone figured out what the new experience cap is? I finally picked up the game and I'm trying to figure out what I want to play.
    Ponified Remilia avatar by Kurien.
    Quote Originally Posted by BayardSPSR View Post
    Do you have 'craft: disturbing mental image' as a class skill?
    Attempt at converting the characters of Touhou to the world of D&D 3.5: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181050

Attempt at converting Berserk characters to 3.5: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186155

Attempt at converting Geralt of Rivia to 3.5:
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208270

26. - Top - End - #926
    Troll in the Playground

I don't know any reason they would change it from the 161000 it was in the original + TotSC.

As for romances in CRPGs, they're optional. If you don't like them, you're under no obligation to play them.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

27. - Top - End - #927
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    I don't know any reason they would change it from the 161000 it was in the original + TotSC.

As for romances in CRPGs, they're optional. If you don't like them, you're under no obligation to play them.
    Eh. Increasing the level cap by one single level couldn't hurt. :/

28. - Top - End - #928
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet-Devil View Post
    Sorry if it was said like a hundred pages ago, but has anyone figured out what the new experience cap is? I finally picked up the game and I'm trying to figure out what I want to play.
    Same in the new Vanilla. It raises to 600,000 in the Black Pits.

29. - Top - End - #929
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ZeltArruin View Post
    Where can you get non-magical Katana? All I've found is the magic one.
    Inn at Candlekeep has one I believe.

30. - Top - End - #930
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Armin View Post
    Same in the new Vanilla. It raises to 600,000 in the Black Pits.
    That's a little disappointing. I was under the impression that they were going to increase it a bit to account for the new areas and stuff.
    Ponified Remilia avatar by Kurien.
    Quote Originally Posted by BayardSPSR View Post
    Do you have 'craft: disturbing mental image' as a class skill?
    Attempt at converting the characters of Touhou to the world of D&D 3.5: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181050

Attempt at converting Berserk characters to 3.5: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186155

Attempt at converting Geralt of Rivia to 3.5:
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208270