New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1482
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: WW Central VII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

ANNOUNCEMENT: I have taken over as narrator for Random Person's Ghost WW. The problem is, I haven't yet died.

If there is anyone, who hasn't already played in the game and would be interested in taking over as my role, please PM me and I will place you in the game after the next day's narration. Thank you.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: WW Central VII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

I was thumbing through the archives, and I saw that it has been over a whole year since a round of Ye Olde West was played.

So put me down for a spot in July.

Ye Olde West V - True Wit.

And Lex - I'll take on your role if you like. Nevermind. Looks like Teron offered in the game thread itself.
    Last edited by Supagoof; 2011-04-28 at 09:49 AM.
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

3. - Top - End - #1023

Speaking of the archives, how is the thread purge for old structured threads coming along? Was the idea scrapped when a comparison was made with the SMBG? Has it merely been put on hold and is there a chance the old threads might eventually still get deleted?

Reason I'm asking is this: if memory serves, Jontom Xire and evnafets had a separately-stored archive for WW/structured games in case the forum crashed or old threads would get purged. However, JX seems to have left the playground and evnafets hasn't posted in a long time either. Evnafets' WW archive seems to be offline too. It would be a shame not to have some sort of back-up plan here.
    Spoiler
    Show

Sigatar by Crimmy

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Troll in the Playground

Brrrr. *Feels chill up spine* I find it best to just ignore this topic. Everytime someone brings it up, I worry that a sleeping beast will awaken and make good on it's threatened action.

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Freshmeat View Post
    Speaking of the archives, how is the thread purge for old structured threads coming along? Was the idea scrapped when a comparison was made with the SMBG? Has it merely been put on hold and is there a chance the old threads might eventually still get deleted?

Reason I'm asking is this: if memory serves, Jontom Xire and evnafets had a separately-stored archive for WW/structured games in case the forum crashed or old threads would get purged. However, JX seems to have left the playground and evnafets hasn't posted in a long time either. Evnafets' WW archive seems to be offline too. It would be a shame not to have some sort of back-up plan here.
    When the thread purging was initially going on, I asked that Structured Games get an extension until we could get the archives in place. And then, after the extension expired, we were no longer having the server issues that prompted the purge in the first place and people got busy and it was kind of forgotten about. Having a backup wouldn't be a bad idea in any case, but in the event that purging comes back on the table, I'll make sure we have enough warning to get the off-site archives in place again.

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alarra View Post
    When the thread purging was initially going on, I asked that Structured Games get an extension until we could get the archives in place. And then, after the extension expired, we were no longer having the server issues that prompted the purge in the first place and people got busy and it was kind of forgotten about. Having a backup wouldn't be a bad idea in any case, but in the event that purging comes back on the table, I'll make sure we have enough warning to get the off-site archives in place again.
    And could we get rid of this stickied thread purge thread that is hanging like a damocles sword on the top of the Structured games forum? Please?

I mean, if there is another thread purge arising we wouldn't notice it because the thread was there since the dawn of the structured games forum and nobody reads the thread anymore anyway. Just saying.
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Ogre in the Playground

Now, I'm planning on making the witchunt thread and starting recruiting this sunday. Is there another small game scheduled for that week? Also, again I'd really apreciate if someone would help me out by narrating that'd be great (I know the rules can seem hard and difficult, but the co-narrator's job would be to make awesome narrations, while I handle the mechanics).

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

8. - Top - End - #1028

Quote Originally Posted by Freshmeat View Post

SHODAN Freshmeat lives!
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Troll in the Playground

I think more people should join Joosbawx's The Maltese Falcon: Fate of The Shadow game. Please.

10. - Top - End - #1030

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    I think more people should join Joosbawx's The Maltese Falcon: Fate of The Shadow game. Please.
    I just want to say, for those that weren't posting here yet when Joosbawx was last narrating the Mafia games, that he's got an excellent style that won't disappoint, particularly if you like the feel of a gritty noir detective novel like the one the game is named after. I can also vouch that he's not a flighty narrator and will be around until the end of the game.

As an added bonus, Helgraf and Alarra, as well as many others, have amazing RP interaction in these games that make even the day to day posting worth the read.
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb The Troll View Post
    I just want to say, for those that weren't posting here yet when Joosbawx was last narrating the Mafia games, that he's got an excellent style that won't disappoint, particularly if you like the feel of a gritty noir detective novel like the one the game is named after. I can also vouch that he's not a flighty narrator and will be around until the end of the game.

As an added bonus, Helgraf and Alarra, as well as many others, have amazing RP interaction in these games that make even the day to day posting worth the read.
    QFT
    I don't even remember the last game I played, but I'm in for this one.

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Ogre in the Playground

Witchunt 4 has been submited for aproval. Again, if someone would help me co-narrate it or has any suggestions for a name, I'd be thankfull.

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry for the double post, but the witchunt game has been aproved already and can be found here.

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb The Troll View Post
    I can also vouch that he's not a flighty narrator and will be around until the end of the game.
    What does that mean exactly? I'm a flightly narrator, and I stick around to the end of my games. Are you being pixieist?

15. - Top - End - #1035

Ahem, "flighty narrator" is not the same as "narrator that flies".
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

16. - Top - End - #1036

Like fight or flight. Flighty as in drops the game.

EDIT: Saturday I think is the earliest I can begin Insane Mafia recruitment. It should be up sometime then.
    Last edited by 101jir; 2011-05-03 at 08:11 AM.
    Long Sig (now with nonsense riddles).

Squadron leader of =Knights of Wolf= in War Thunder

...you either learn to laugh, or you go insane. I prefer to laugh.
    -Ee'char STDS9: Hard Time

17. - Top - End - #1037

(Sorry for the double post, but I thi nk it is ligit under the circumstances)

Insane Mafia is recruiting!

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Abhorsen WW should thread should be submitted late Thursday. Keep an eye for it over the weekend. Also, spread the word around, (I believe I'm only in Joosbawx's game) but I will have limited internet access from May 13th to May 17th.

and for my reference:

Game Rules from 2:
    Spoiler
    Show

Welcome one and all! I hope to see more involvement and hope that you enjoy the sequel to a good book series. Now first of all, it doesnt not matter if you have not read the series. That is more for fluff and will be more enjoyable, but even if you have never read the series, I encourage you to apply. Thst being said... Welcome to!

Abhorsen's WW 2: Chaos Rises

Narrators: Deathslayer7 and Sanity702

Bell Mechanic’s
    Spoiler
    Show

• If a person is night killed and has a bell, it goes to team evil.
    • If a wolf is lynched it goes to team good.
    • If team good (villager or power role) is lynched and has a bell, it goes randomly to all remaining players still alive.
    • A person can have more than one bell.
    • A single bell can be passed during the night. If you pass a bell to someone, the passer remains anonymous. Any bells passed are considered hand-me downs and as such are subjected to the one night cooldown.
    • Any bells passed to another person have a one night cooldown, except below.
    • If a person who started with a bell passes it away but then receives it again, they can use it as they normally could without the one night cooldown.
    • Only one bell action can be used per night.
    • If a person uses a bell that has a one night cooldown, it affects all bells that the person may have. i.e. If Sabriel has Saraneth and recieved Dyrim and chooses to use Dyrim during the night; then both Dyrim and Saraneth have a one night cooldown on them.

The Seven Bells
    Spoiler
    Show

Ranna, the Sleeper: takes all those who hear it into slumber. Given to Touchstone at the beginning of the game. Once per night it the ringer can use it to void a person’s point for the next day. Night Action.

Mosrael, the Waker: throws the ringer further into death but the listener into life. Given to a Necromancer at the beginning of the game who is put into contact with Uncle Festy and Hedge. Once per night he can choose to void someone’s night action for the night, if they have one. Is not told whether it succeeded or not. Cannot be used on the same person consecutively.

Kibeth, the Walker: gives the dead freedom of movement or forces them to walk at the ringers will. Given to the Disreputable Dog at the beginning of the game. Once per night, the ringer can use it to redirect a person’s action at another person. This bell can only redirect the action, not change it. Cannot be used on the same person consecutively. Night Action. Cannot redirect to self.

Dyrim, the Speaker7: grants speech to dumb, tongueless dead, or gives forgotten words their meaning. Given to Sanar and Ryelle at the beginning of the game. Once per night, they can choose to scry a person for their role OR see if they are holding a bell. If they have both Dyrim and Belgaer, then they can scry for both a role and bell. Night Action.

Belgaer, the Thinker: restores independent thought and memory to those who hear it. Given to Hedge at the beginning of the game. Once per night, he can choose to scry a person for their role OR see if they are holding a bell. If he has both Dyrim and Belgaer, then he can scry for both a role and bell. Night Action.

Saraneth, the Binder: shackles the dead to the ringer's will. Given the Sabriel at the beginning of the game. Once per night she can choose to bane someone and protect them from night kills. Night action.
    If this bell gets into the hands of the wolves, then it becomes a day baner. If a day bane is successful, there is a two night cooldown. Night action.

Astarael, the Sorrowful: casts all those who hear it (including the ringer) into deep death. Given to Uncle Festy at the beginning of the game. Once per night he can choose someone whom he wishes to night kill. Night Action. Always stays with team evil.

The Roles
    Spoiler
    Show

Sabriel the Abhorsen – Taking up in her father’s footsteps, she now commands the bandolier he wore as well as his sword. Now married to Touchstone, they have two children who are going to follow in their footsteps. Starts off with the bell Saraneth.

Prince Sameth – Child of both Sabriel and Touchstone, he is the next Abhorsen-in-Waiting. But he is deathly afraid of becoming The Abhorsen. As such Prince Sameth is told he is The Abhorsen, but in actually he is just Prince Sameth. He will be told he has the bell Saraneth and can use a night action, but such a night action will never go through. If Sabriel banes Prince Sameth, he is told he is Prince Sameth.

King Touchstone – After surviving for over two hundred years as a statue, he now knows why. He carries the Royal Blood in him and is the last remaining survivor to continue the line. Starts with Ranna.

Sanar and Ryelle – They have the power To See, but only when together. They are twins and they are the some of the strongest women The Clayr have To See the future. While this role has two people in it, it will only be given to one person. Starts off with the bell Dyrim.

Lirael – A daughter of The Clayr, she’s been working there for years now and still doesn’t have The Sight. She was also the one who found The Disreputable Dog who is her best friend. Thinks she is Sanar and Ryelle and has the bell Dyrim. If scried by the real Sanar and Ryelle, Lirael is told her real role. May send in a fake scry which will give a predetermined random result which may or may not be correct.

The Disreputable Dog – You don’t argue with this dog. Period. She can dispute anyone and anything. She is friends with Lirael. Starts off with the bell Kibeth.

Mogget – The cat is back again, and this time accompanying Sabriel’s children. But watch out, this little sucker is tricky. It seems he didn’t die as expected. Neutral. Goal condition to be decided. Suggestions welcome. Will be given to Mogget only.

Uncle Festy (Alpha) – Managed to send both Sabriel and The Abhorsen to Death where they are currently trapped. As such, he has been favored high among his own kind of Necromancers and has part of an evil power imbued within him. No bells work on him. Scries as Villager. Starts off with the bell Astarael.

Hedge (Devil) – Works as a servant for Uncle Festy and makes sure all goes according to plan. He is a Necromancer himself who plans to do very evil things. Starts off with the bell Belgaer.

Chlorr of the Mask (Beast) – A Greater Undead like Kerrigor, but works for Hedge and Uncle Festy. No one knows why.

Necromancers – Normal wolves who wish to follow Uncle Festy in his footsteps for power and glory and honor.

Charter Mages – Normal Villagers caught in the crossfire.

Other Important Things to Note
    Spoiler
    Show

• Only the wolves who start off with a bell know each other from the beginning.
    • If Team Good gets Mosrael and voids the wolf who has Astarael, the kill will still go through, but a one night cooldown is added to the bell. Does not affect Uncle Festy.
    • If "Nothing Happened during the Night" this means one of few things:
      a) the wolves did not send in a night kill
      b) the wolves targetted another wolf and were put into contact
      c) someone was baned.
    • If Uncle Festy is killed, Astarael will stay with team evil who then can use the night kill with a one night cooldown.
    • No roleclaiming please. It ruins the fun.

Player List:
    Spoiler
    Show

{table=head] Player | Role | Died
    Thufir | | Accidentally
    The Bushranger | Day 3 | Villager
    billtodamax | | Fried in Oil
    Fleeing Coward | | Eaten
    Aemoh | | Poached
    Lex-Kat | | Broiled
    cd4 | Night 4 | King Touchstone
    Murska | | Thrown Away
    Eternal Drifter | | Baked
    Mustiado | | Shot
    Calar | Night 2 | Villager
    TheLaughingMan | Day 1 | Sanar and Ryelle (Seer)
    Strategos | | Died in Battle
    Uncle Festy | Day 3 AL | Villager
    Dark Corax | Day 4| Necromancer
    Shadowcaller | Day 2 | Villager
    DarkLightDragon | Night 1 | Sabriel the Abhorsen (Baner)
    Atreyu the Masked Llama | | Used as a pin cushion
    The Cyberwolf | Night 3 | Villager
    Elder Tsofu | | Tastes bad so dumped
    [/table]

Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Troll in the Playground

Assassins IV has finished a while ago. The Royal Guard killed all the Assassins.

But I'm sure I'll figure a way to bring them back later.

DnD WW has finished with a Perfect Victory for the Dread Necromancer and his minions.

If there is a second one, the mechanics need to be worked on a little.

Shape-Shifters 2 also finished. This was a win for the Shape-shifters, if I remember correctly.

20. - Top - End - #1040

Thufir: you may want to note that Insane Mafia is recruiting.

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Dwarf in the Playground

DnD WW has finished with a Perfect Victory for the Dread Necromancer and his minions.

If there is a second one, the mechanics need to be worked on a little.
    No pointless QTs.
    Allow PMs.

There we go.

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Abhorsen WW III: Shining Night has been submitted for moderator approval.

and it is approved here.
    Last edited by Deathslayer7; 2011-05-11 at 06:45 PM.

This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

23. - Top - End - #1043

LT has just said that Mummies Ressurection has been cancelled.

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Dwarf in the Playground

At long last...Classic XIII has been submitted for approval. Watch this space.

25. - Top - End - #1045

Ghosts WW - The Spectre of Forgetfulness has ended with a town win.
    We'd like to thank Random Person for creating it and Lex-kat for reviving it

Spoiler
    Show

"Leave my Rakkoon alone!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    What shall I say to thee, rakkoon, thou cruel,
    Ingrateful, savage and inhuman creature,
    That knewst the very bottom of my soul,
    That almost mightst have coined me into gold
    Wouldst thou have practiced on me for thy use?
    Supa Songs about me

Thanks to Elder Tsofu for the banner and Rowsen for the avvie!

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Abhorsen's WW is still looking for at least two players. Pleeeeassse.

*cake and cookies will be involved*

Recruiting ends late night tomorrow, and pms will go out.
    Last edited by Deathslayer7; 2011-05-16 at 10:27 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1047

Insane Mafia recruitment should end this coming Monday.

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Ogre in the Playground

Is anyone else concerned about the low number of games currently planned for the next few months? I know that things have generally dropped off from the mid 2009 levels, when quite honestly there were too many WW's on the go at once, but even so the number of new games being scheduled really seem to have tailed off.

Currently there are 3 WW games running, 3 in the process of recruitment, and another 4 scheduled to start in the next 6 weeks or so. There have been times when games have been sceduled four or five months in advance due to the amount of people vying for a spot for their games, but everything's gone quiet at the moment.

Are we experiencing narrator burnout? Lex and Goof in particular seem to always be running games, and I know from experience that constantly narrating can really tire you out. If so, what can we do about it to make sure there are games available when regular narrators want to take a break?

I'm quite possibly overreacting, but to me the drop-off in scheduled games coming up is pretty stark. Please tell me there are a raft of new games and/or sequels just around the corner!
    Last edited by banjo1985; 2011-05-17 at 10:54 AM.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Ogre in the Playground

It's not just narrators. The entire player base seems to have dropped off a bit. A lot of games seem to be scrambling just to get twenty players sometimes. I know I myself don't join but a few games anymore, so I'm contributing!
    To the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Ettin in the Playground

Me myself, I just feel burned out with the whole WW scene in general.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.