New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Riverside X

Two Days In - River Mouth

"I... hmm. Let me make a call or two. I'll see if my friends are in town... don't think we could get you any such creatures today..."

She seems to think a bit. "Well, not any that could make for a stable population, much less the beginnings of an ecosystem. Anyway, I could call my fellows and we could discuss this in detail right now, if you want."

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Then I'll tell you what you can do for the first shipments in lieu of that, and give you time to arrange for the animals for ones to come later. Do not investigate or meddle with the vines along the river's bed any more, and I'll let you have the first ones on faith." In this way, she would secure a favor from her father, a very lucrative deal by any standards. She could hang it under his nose and taunt him with it the next time he wants her to do some inane task for him.

"I- damnit. Something has happened in my forest that I need to deal with. Do you agree to the terms?" There's a scent in the air that Lenai knows, her trees are alerting her to a change in the forest while she is away.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

Viln Ehmin thinks about it... maybe a bit longer than would seem necessary. "Agreed. We will not mess with the vines, and see about getting you some animals." something deep inside her says this is a bad idea. She ignores it; she realized a long time ago that most things deep inside her are insane.
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2012-08-27 at 09:27 AM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Northside Hotel]

Astrana nods, but instead of walking out the door she takes a seat at the table. "But before we go, I think you need to explain your changes. I wasn't going to ask this until later but I feel like it's important now."
    [Northside Hotel]

"Right..." Valente sits across from Astrana. "I'm not exactly sure of everything, but I'm stronger and faster than before. I got a cut once. My blood was black and it healed right before my eyes. And, well, I noticed that I could sort of hypnotize people just by looking in their eyes."

5. - Top - End - #65

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post

Viln Ehmin thinks about it... maybe a bit longer than would seem necessary. "Agreed. We will not mess with the vines, and see about getting you some animals." something deep inside her says this is a bad idea. She ignores it; she realized a long time ago that most things deep inside her are insane.

"That will have to do for an agreement. You can send someone to pick up the barrels I have left, and then again after a week. Once the vines leave, we'll negotiate for whatever animals you have pulled together." Lenai sinks into the ground and departs, anxious to see just what has taken place in Wildside.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Northside Hotel]

The tiefling arches an eyebrow as she hears Valent's explanation. "What caused this? I assume it isn't normal to your type of vampires." She asks.

[Letter to Dio]

The letter Irena wrote to the wine god loosely describes the temple they were abducted in and taken to what she guesses is the flying castle over the city.
    She also mention a number of names which had been written in Adriane's diary including Dena's and Niccaru's names of course (not that the rogue were an actual follower to the goddess.)

Apparently Niccaru and Adriane were members of a cult which was called 'the fourth tower'. This cult was devoted to find various ways to gain magical power and abuse them as much as possible according to the diary.

The members became supernatural creatures, sold their souls to devils and worshiped various gods, all to become more powerful.

So not all the members of this cult were actually worshiping the goddess, but there were a few which are mentioned in the diary.

Lanre, a caretaker of sort who helped raise children within the cult. He was the one that took care of Adriane during her pregnancy. Irena remembers he had some sort of scorpion pet which marked him as a follower to her.

Sekai, a scorpion woman who enjoys to spend her time in harsh terrains.

Kojo, a young man who looks up to Lanre (who have raised him) and works as a sculptor of both clay and other materials. Apparently he could make persons more beautiful with the same method.

Mirembe, a weretiger follower who apparently weren't particularly faithful and followed a couple of other deities.

These four were the only ones mentioned particularly as followers to the goddess.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-08-27 at 10:45 AM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

[Northside Hotel]

"Well, it's sort of similar in some ways, but it's... more powerful I guess?" Valente sounds uncertain. He thinks back to when it happened. Ilpholin had said she would be her prince, and then she bit him? "Ilpholin did it to me. I'm not exactly sure what it was." He remembers that it hurt, though.

8. - Top - End - #68

[Northside Hotel]

"How did she do it exactly? A magic ritual? An artifact? Did she inject something?" Astrana asks.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

[Northside Hotel]

"Uh, well. I think she bit me..." Valente never saw it, but he sure felt it and it wasn't hard to guess what she did. It certainly didn't feel like regular teeth, though.

10. - Top - End - #70

[Northside Hotel]

"Where and when did she bite you? Before or after you arrived at AMEN?" Now this is starting to sound like an interrogation. Astrana looks nothing but concerned however.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

[Northside Hotel]

"After. It was after awhile, and on my neck." Valente doesn't want to be any more specific than that. "Now that I think about it... Something happened to her before that."

12. - Top - End - #72

[Northside Hotel]

Now this sounded interesting, it could explain why her curse hadn't worked. "What happened to her Valente?" She asks softly.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

Democracy Now

"I made trade arrangements for the Masselvein corridor caravans."

"That's international trade through a hot zone. I made the arrangements to make sure the caravans were well-stocked and had enough ammo. That was the highlight, of course, I have experience other than that."
    "Sounds good." If it's true, of course. "Where can we find you if we have need of your expertise?"

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Residential Area

There is indeed something affecting them all, in the form of a low level compulsion that induces camaraderie, lowered inhibitions, rowdiness, and a general good mood. The most interesting thing about it is that while the effect is mild on its own, to the point of being easy to ignore if you have a good grasp on your emotions, it reacts like a flame when in the presence of other effected individuals. When two or more come together, the effect flares up larger and hotter than the sum of its parts.
    This isn't good. Whoever is doing that obviously wants to incite chaos in Riverside... for who knows what purpose. They're being pretty subtle, too. No way for the Hunters to track the perpetuator down yet.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

[Northside Hotel]

"Well... I- I turned her into a vampire. I wasn't feeding and I ended up losing control. But then later, she spoke to this woman. The woman granted her a wish, and ended up removing her vampirism. But she never turned back to normal. Her skin was darker and she grew a tail and curled horns. I don't know what she became, though." Valente looks down at the table, reminded of the intense fear he'd felt when he'd almost killed Ilpholin. Not to mention the shame of losing control of himself like that.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

Residential Areas

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    This isn't good. Whoever is doing that obviously wants to incite chaos in Riverside... for who knows what purpose. They're being pretty subtle, too. No way for the Hunters to track the perpetuator down yet.
    The Hunters might see a convertible going by, packed with partiers, with Billie shouting "Praise Dionysus!"
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

16. - Top - End - #76

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    [Eastside on day four]

A burly thug with a coarse red beard looks up from the huddled conversation, and his face splits into a grin when he sees Fade, "We're just talking mate, no harm in that right? Come over and join us!"

The man waves a big, muscled arm, and the other members of the group move aside so that Fade can take a place among them if he wants. It's almost as if they expected him.
    [Eastside Thug Groupe- Day Four]

And he does. The feeling of pain remains, but the need to cause damage is lowered. He still holds his side like something hit him. Infact there isn't anything, but the emotions aren't common for him and appear different to humans.

"So what's going on ´here. Many groups appear and strange tings happen."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

17. - Top - End - #77

[Northside Hotel]

Astrana secretly wishes Ilpholin had died right there but makes no notion if this. "Sounds like some sort of deity or genie turned her into a devil or demon." That would explain why the curse failed. "Where exactly did you met this woman?"

18. - Top - End - #78
    Dwarf in the Playground

Democracy Now

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    "Sounds good." If it's true, of course. "Where can we find you if we have need of your expertise?"
    She pulls out a piece of paper and writes an apartment address and a phone number on it. Very clean hand writing.

"Here you go. That's the address I'm staying at; I'm not often there so you should call the number if you want me."

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Residential Areas

The Hunters might see a convertible going by, packed with partiers, with Billie shouting "Praise Dionysus!"
    Two Hunters - both women, one a respectably dressed young blonde with the looks of a businesswoman and one a middle-aged red-haired lady with the appearance of a housewife - approach Billie when she stops the car.
    "Dionysus? Who's that?" the blonde asks.

Democracy Now

She pulls out a piece of paper and writes an apartment address and a phone number on it. Very clean hand writing.

"Here you go. That's the address I'm staying at; I'm not often there so you should call the number if you want me."
    "Will do. And you'll be hearning more about us soon enough, hopefully."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Dwarf in the Playground

Democracy Now

"Yes, I certainly hope so. Until then,"
    She turns with a slight wave and heads off.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

Residential Area

Two young men who are rather drunk lift a keg out of the car and set it up on the corner. One of them soon finds a girl to make out with, while the other one starts serving drinks.

"He's God!" Billie proclaims. "The God of good times and good wines, the God of freedom and fun, the God of laughter and liberation."

She steps onto the shoulders of one of the other men in the car, with several people supporting her legs, and lifts a glass high.

"AND THIS CITY IS HIS TEMPLE!"

Cheers and shouts from Billie's followers and some of the standers-by ring out at her declaration.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

[Northside Hotel]

Astrana secretly wishes Ilpholin had died right there but makes no notion if this. "Sounds like some sort of deity or genie turned her into a devil or demon." That would explain why the curse failed. "Where exactly did you met this woman?"
    [Northside Hotel]

"Uh, the Gambling League of Gambling. I forget why we were there." Valente replies after a moment of thought.

23. - Top - End - #83

[Northside Hotel]

"And she just asked for a wish and got one? Interesting, it begs for some investigation." She says thoughtfully. The idea of just being granted wishes like that was tempting indeed.

"But I suppose we should head to eastside first, shouldn't we?"

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

[Northside Hotel]

Valente seems relieved that this line of questioning has ended. "Yeah, I guess so." Not that he's all that keen on meeting these Forth Tower people, either.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Kami Hunting

As the two leave, the Kami will sit down (?) in the fountain. Never having been manifested before, it doesn't really know what's going on. It's just going to stay here and see if she goes back to normal...
    Kami Hunting

As her thoughts slowly become clearer the sorceress moves to sit down at a nearby bench while looking in the direction of the kami they just left behind. Could she really let it wander around like that?

"Are you alright Harnel?" She asks the half-dragon, while she was partly resistant to the spirits abilities, her friend her likely weren't.
    Kami Hunting

"I... guess?"
    Harnel thinks as he sits beside her.
    "I'm really hungry for ice cream right now and I don't know why..."
    He wasn't hungry just a little while ago... or is it a lot? How long has it been anyways? Harnel looks around for some indication of the time too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

26. - Top - End - #86

Four Days In

A small sparrow flitting innocently about on the warm air currents risky up from Eastside's collective chimneys suddenly receives the shock of it's life, as it's lesiurely viewing of the shiny pretty colors dancing about below is abruptly interrupted by some unseen object tearing past, sending the bird into a brief, undignified spiral of surprised squawking and loosed feathers.

A second later it rights itself, searching in a panic for the hawk or the eagle or whatever predator nearly killed it, but there's only empty air, the faint hum of an engine and several more birds screeching out bird-obscenities as they too are thrown from the path of the invisible craft.

Finding a suitably secluded lot almost entirely sealed in by recent construction, the ship drops earthwards like a stone only now remembering gravity, boosters kicking in to bring it to a full halt at the last second and sending detritus scurrying across the asphalt.

Three minutes latter the Puddle Jumper is safely parked and powered down except for it's cloaking engine, Francium standing at the edge of the alleyway connecting the lot to the main thoroughfares, watching the people going by. It's weird, seeing so many different faces going by, not knowing what any of them are thinking, where they're going or why. He's as good as lost in the tide of all these unknowns, but, that's what he wanted, isn't it?

No-one looking into his mind, telling him what to think and do. No more identical faces reminding him ever day of how replaceable he is. Absolute freedom, comparatively speaking. Could get used to that. Tucking hands into his pockets, Francium steps out into the swell of people and allows himself to be carried along by the crowd.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground

Wildside-two (maybe three?) days in

"Are you sure about this?"

"No... I figured it was worth a try."

"Well, depending on the quality, I might be able to-"

"Yes! Quality is everything. Less talking; where is this caretaker and brewer?"

Walking through the woods is a trio of quelans; purple-skinned and tentacled-haired, but easy enough to tell apart.

One is in robes, has shoulder-length tentacles and is looking around distractedly. One is in a woman's buisness suit, a bit more feminine than the first one, has a bit shorter tentacles, small, rectangular glasses, and is following the first one. One has tentacles down to the middle of her back which curl upward near the bottom, has on a fine evening dress (the latest fashion from Inside! Tres chic!) looks like she's wearing too much make-up (including blue lipstick) and seems to want to be somewhere else right now. Anywhere else right now.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Residential Area

Two young men who are rather drunk lift a keg out of the car and set it up on the corner. One of them soon finds a girl to make out with, while the other one starts serving drinks.

"He's God!" Billie proclaims. "The God of good times and good wines, the God of freedom and fun, the God of laughter and liberation."

She steps onto the shoulders of one of the other men in the car, with several people supporting her legs, and lifts a glass high.

"AND THIS CITY IS HIS TEMPLE!"

Cheers and shouts from Billie's followers and some of the standers-by ring out at her declaration.
    "We didn't ask any god to make this city his temple," the red-headed woman says indignantly. "We want no part in this!"

29. - Top - End - #89

Wildside

"Not quite so comfortable with entering another's domain this time?" Lenai's voice calls out wryly from the branches, her body unseen for the moment, "Things have changed here slightly, and I can only protect you from what is under my control, so you are right to be cautious. The barrels are what is left after the others have had their share, but there is enough for an exclusive run to interest what clients you might have lined up." A few feet to their left, some roots part revealing a hole beneath, and a barrel is shoved forwards. Apparently Lenai has been storing the fruits of her labor underground, cool, damp, and protected from thieves.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Eastside Thug Groupe- Day Four]

And he does. The feeling of pain remains, but the need to cause damage is lowered. He still holds his side like something hit him. Infact there isn't anything, but the emotions aren't common for him and appear different to humans.

"So what's going on ´here. Many groups appear and strange tings happen."
    Eastside Thugs - Day Four

"It's great isn't it? Everyone I've been talking to feels alive right now. People are going around throwing parties and just celebrating life. I watched a little old grandmother kick over a garbage can and set it on fire. me and the boys are just talking about what we could do. What we should do." The thug replies, and everyone nods in agreement. Fade can see that many of these people are from completely different places, and would have never run into each other and started talking in the street normally, but something has changed that.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2012-08-28 at 08:33 AM.

30. - Top - End - #90

Kami Hunting

"We met a confusion kami, it's perfectly normal." Cessie assures the half-dragon. "I think I will just watch it from a distance for now until we taken care of more dangerous kami." She knew that confusion could potentially could be very dangerous but she just didn't have the heart to destroy a sapient kami. It wouldn't be hard to find again after all and it could probably wait... right?

"Let's go and find another... and eat some ice cream alright?" She suggests to Harnel with a smile.

[Northside Hotel]

Astrana nods. "We need to disguise you before we leave though. I have an illusion rod you could use but it's set to a very specific illusion, just warning you." The tiefling replies as she picks up a bandolier filled with various rods. "It's the purple one, just tap it twice while holding it and it will activate."

[Suncrest Manor]

During the last week a lot have changed around the manor as a a spiked fence have been erected around it, keeping out all outsiders. Irena have also started to set up security cameras, alarms and locks around the house to prevent anyone unwanted inside.

Nadia might wake up to the sound of her girlfriend singing to herself outside their window. As the curtain is still drawn she can't actually see what she's doing outside but presumingly she's setting up security cameras on a step ladder.

"I'm a Mother Lover, you're a Mother Lover. We should...!" The rest of the lovely tune is not forum appropriated however but Nadia sure get's to hear the witch's best attempt to mimic it.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-08-28 at 08:33 AM.