Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: [BitP:R] Soul Society 3

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Aya uses Sai.

Sai is ineffective!

The Bakudou doesn't seem to so much as cause Kazuma to blink. What just happened?

Kazuma swings his Gantou one-handed, a wide arc in Aya's direction. At first it doesn't seem like it'll even reach her - but then a shocking gust of wind buffets Aya following the swing.
    "Whoah!" yelps Aya as the wind blasts her back. Unable to react to that sudden gust of wind sends the petite woman on her bum on the hard ground. His weapon can do that? thinks Aya between phases of delirium from the effects of the sake.

Getting up takes some effort. Not like Aya is hurt in anyway, but handicapped by the alcohol that also serves to loosen her up and lift her inhibitions, Aya readies her weapons again and charges straight for Kazuma, this time to execute a triple strike flurry designed to get through the guard of any opponent wielding an over-sized weapon.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

2. - Top - End - #272
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklance View Post
    "Whoah!" yelps Aya as the wind blasts her back. Unable to react to that sudden gust of wind sends the petite woman on her bum on the hard ground. His weapon can do that? thinks Aya between phases of delirium from the effects of the sake.

Getting up takes some effort. Not like Aya is hurt in anyway, but handicapped by the alcohol that also serves to loosen her up and lift her inhibitions, Aya readies her weapons again and charges straight for Kazuma, this time to execute a triple strike flurry designed to get through the guard of any opponent wielding an over-sized weapon.
    It is probably to her surprise that she finds Kazuma's movements of a levity very unlike his current weapon. He seems to parry the first two strikes, and just as she's about to get through with the third... he tweaks the blade in such a way that her off-hand is pulled back in front, as if attempting to throw her balance off-center. Should he succeed, a short foot sweep at her ankle should send her down face-first.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [11th gardens]

Michiko chuckles slightly. "No, I don't think I have. I have been quite busy lately", she rasps. "You make it sound like you have something in mind. Do you?"
    "Not quite. I've been reading a lot of strategy texts Masaru-taichou recommended me. That reminds me, I should see when he's able to spar again. Can you believe that man actually thinks he's been getting rusty? I should HOPE to get to his rust's level." But there he goes talking about work again. "I'm sorry, Michiko-san. I can't seem to be able to talk about anything other than my training and fighting... I'm pretty hopeless, huh?"
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

3. - Top - End - #273
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

It is probably to her surprise that she finds Kazuma's movements of a levity very unlike his current weapon. He seems to parry the first two strikes, and just as she's about to get through with the third... he tweaks the blade in such a way that her off-hand is pulled back in front, as if attempting to throw her balance off-center. Should he succeed, a short foot sweep at her ankle should send her down face-first.
    A short bout of sleepiness creeps up on Aya as Kazuma's foot sweeps at her ankles. But with a body relaxed as to the point of sleep, the momentum of Kazuma's pull allows Aya to sail over Kazuma with a twist of her hips. Flipping nearly over Kazuma's head, Aya lifts a leg up and drives her heel downwards at Kazuma's shoulder blades.

"More sake!" Aya yells at one of her squad mates, who promptly returns with another bottle.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

4. - Top - End - #274
    Orc in the Playground

A short bout of sleepiness creeps up on Aya as Kazuma's foot sweeps at her ankles. But with a body relaxed as to the point of sleep, the momentum of Kazuma's pull allows Aya to sail over Kazuma with a twist of her hips. Flipping nearly over Kazuma's head, Aya lifts a leg up and drives her heel downwards at Kazuma's shoulder blades.

"More sake!" Aya yells at one of her squad mates, who promptly returns with another bottle.
    Aya's strange, drunken acrobatics manage to catch the 11th divisioner square in the shoulderblades. Impact seems to be relatively weak, considering her much lighter frame and Kazuma's own muscles.

Instead of attempting to resist, Kazuma flows with the motion. He bends at the waist as he pushes the Gantou into the soft ground, flipping forward in an apparent effort to kick upward. As he arrives to the other 'side', he yanks the blade back off, sending dirt and that strange gust of wind careening upwards towards Aya.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

5. - Top - End - #275
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Aya's strange, drunken acrobatics manage to catch the 11th divisioner square in the shoulderblades. Impact seems to be relatively weak, considering her much lighter frame and Kazuma's own muscles.

Instead of attempting to resist, Kazuma flows with the motion. He bends at the waist as he pushes the Gantou into the soft ground, flipping forward in an apparent effort to kick upward. As he arrives to the other 'side', he yanks the blade back off, sending dirt and that strange gust of wind careening upwards towards Aya.
    A clod of dirt smacks Aya in the face, blinding her as she is tossed upwards like a rag doll. "Kyaa!"

Taking the opportunity, one of the squad members shouts at Aya as he throws the bottle of sake up, which Aya grabs while using the other hand to quickly wipe the dirt away from her face, particularly her eyes. Breaking the bottle cap with her thumb, Aya proceeds to down the second bottle while spinning in mid-air.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

6. - Top - End - #276
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Not quite. I've been reading a lot of strategy texts Masaru-taichou recommended me. That reminds me, I should see when he's able to spar again. Can you believe that man actually thinks he's been getting rusty? I should HOPE to get to his rust's level." But there he goes talking about work again. "I'm sorry, Michiko-san. I can't seem to be able to talk about anything other than my training and fighting... I'm pretty hopeless, huh?"
    Katisugo begins to laugh deeply.
    Heheheh, don't sweat it kid.
    Katisugo takes another sip of tea.
    So, here's is something interesting I learned recently. Apparently in the Mortal World, there is going to be population of these Cicadas this coming Summer. heard they add a lot of atmosphere to the evenings.
    "All humans are weak creatures. It is how those weak creatures fight and grow, that they eventually become strong. If you are weak, don't despair. Fight! --Saitama"

7. - Top - End - #277
    Bugbear in the Playground

Karite left his division, whistling. For the first time in years, he had finished all of his paperwork. A major accomplishment, for someone who had avoided it like the plague.

The people following who him, who were told to report back to Central 46 on his every move had nothing to do with why he had finished it. Nope.

Karite's aimless meandering took him towards the Eleventh Division, to chat up Seiko, and maybe shamelessly flirt with a few of the officers. And then get kicked off the grounds for causing several of the younger unseated to burst into tears with stories of his fights with Hollows.

The usual.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Pixie in the Playground

[1st Division]
    "No, I believe the situation here is under wraps. Kyomon." Sayuri walks towards Seiko, facing Yuuta all the while, a transparent screen materializing between her and the Vice-Commander. "While we wait, would you mind me asking you had any business of your own here, Yukimura-san?" Hopefully, the 11th Division Lieutenant has enough good sense to not reveal any sensitive information while Yuuta is within hearing range.
    "I have..." Seiko paused, eying Yuuta. "Important news for the Commander-General. Very important. Is he available? I'd rather he heard me sooner rather than later."
    Last edited by Kayne650; 2011-05-18 at 10:39 PM.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

[10th Division Barracks]

Far too late in the day for a supposed nobleman, Hayashi Goro, 7th seat of the 10th Division, lifted his head from what, for the sake of argument, shall be taken as a pillow, given its placement on his floor mat.

Memories flitted through his mind. Last night had been particularly bad. More murderers were born every day in Zaraki, but last night, it seemed as though his reputation, the fear of law that he had sought to instill in the criminals, had gone out the window. He'd not gotten back until just before dawn. The sun had been fully up by the time that his hands were cleaned.

Goro needed a drink.

He slowly climbed to his feet, and adjusted his spare shihakusho. His sakkat nicely covered his messy hair, and his stubble wasn't yet long enough to cause too much comment. Murderous Shark was well-secured on his belt. Thus readied, he stepped out, and headed for the 10th Division larder. He was there for some time. Eventually, he re-emerged, his zanpaktou no longer readily visible. He walked a winding, random path, sometimes stopping, closing his eyes, and taking a few deep breaths. Finally, he emerged at the 10th Division training grounds.

After staring at 4th Seat Konpaku for a moment, Goro shifted his gaze toward one of the members of her squad. His eyes widened. The shoulders of the prematurely-aged shinigami slumped. He slowly turned and took a seat on the steps leading into the 10th Division building, following the fight with vacant eyes.
    Last edited by Sucrose; 2011-05-18 at 10:57 PM.
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ettin in the Playground

[11th Division gardens]

Spoiler
    Show
    Michiko gives Kazuma a sad smile. "I tust you'll find... something else to fill your mind. Eventually", she says. Then, her smile widens a bit. "Maybe some other lady to pursue, after I'm gone", she adds jokingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Righty View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Katisugo begins to laugh deeply.
    Heheheh, don't sweat it kid.
    Katisugo takes another sip of tea.
    So, here's is something interesting I learned recently. Apparently in the Mortal World, there is going to be population of these Cicadas this coming Summer. heard they add a lot of atmosphere to the evenings.

"Cicadas...?"
    Michiko trails off into some distant dimes. Cicadas... she can remember listening to their noisy chirping in the world of the living, so, so long ago. For some reasons, the insects had never seen it fit to make home in 11th gardens. "Funny. I've never thought of that before. Wonder why is that?", she muses absent-mindedly.

---

[1st Division, Sayuri's office]

"I'm afraid not"
    , Sayuri says. She doesn't elaborate until a group of lower-ranking officers hurry into the room, carrying a pair of familiar red shackles. Sayuri dispels her Kyomon, and they proceed to chain Yuuta's wrists. He can feel his Reiatsu being cut off as his powers are supressed. Sayuei hurries to explain.

"... no major offences, just trespassing. I've detained him due to possible association with former Kido Corps Commander. I turst you can get someone to interview him?" The squad leader nods, and after Sayuri's Bakudo is removed as well, they lead Yuuta away to 1st Division jail to wait for his hearing.

Then, Sayuri turns back to Seiko, now somewhat less on her guard. "Soutaichou left for the Mortal World. To my understanding he's returned, but he hasn't yet come back to 1st Division facilities. You can leave your message with me, and I'll report it to him as soon as possible."

[Later that night, Sayuri's aparment]

It's just slightly before midnight when Sayuri finally makes it home. Of course, her reprieve won't likely last for long - the crisis is still on-going, and she might be called back at any moment. It helps he apartment is so close to her Division grounds, and within the perimeter of the newly-set patrols - otherwise, she might have not been allowed to go at all.

Hopefully, 3rd seat Eiji Ito can keep the Division running for a little while, bumbling fool as he is. Not that it's really the time to criticize fellow officers for their minor shortcomings. I just have to set a better example to him, Sayuri muses as she walks to her fridge. She's starving.

When she opens the door, her eyes fix on strawberry cheesecake, still fresh to eat despite having been there for a couple of days.

"Oh yes. Monday", she mutters to herself.

Kiku-chan...

Suddenly, it strikes her at full force. She'd planned to call Kiku over today. But she'd forgotten. Her heart leaps, and she's halfway to summoning a Jigokuchō, when she remembers it's futile.

Last night, her friend had been promoted to the Royal guard. Without doubt she'd already left for the isolated realm of the King and his family.

No message could reach her now. Even if they could, she could not abandon her duties for the sake of her friend.

For a moment, Sayuri just stares at the cake. Then she picks it up and puts it on a table, leaving the fridge door to close by itself. Absent-mindedly, she fetches two plates, two cups and two spoons, setting the table for two. Finally, she takes an old picture from the top of one of her drawers, and carries it to the table, taking seat opposite to it.

She cuts a slice of the cake and puts it on her plate, forgetting for a moment who'd brought it, or how she'd skeptically checked it for sleeping Kido and narcotics.

Remember what day it is, Kiku-chan?, she muses, looking at the old, white-and-black picture. It's a picture of Kiku, a wide grin on her face, with a cup of sake in her hands. The picture hardly shows it well, but Sayuri can remember she was garbed in the red and white uniform of an academy student. You were always so forgetful about dates. It's a wonder you ever made to any of the Captain's meetings...

Sayuri chips off a spoonful of the cake and brings it to her mouth, only to find she doesn't have will to eat it. The spoon lingers in her hand for a moment, before she sighs and puts it back down. It lets out a slight, mournful clatter when it touches the porcelain plate.

To think it's been two hundred and eight years since we met... happy anniversary, Kiku-chan...
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

11. - Top - End - #281
    Orc in the Playground

A clod of dirt smacks Aya in the face, blinding her as she is tossed upwards like a rag doll. "Kyaa!"

Taking the opportunity, one of the squad members shouts at Aya as he throws the bottle of sake up, which Aya grabs while using the other hand to quickly wipe the dirt away from her face, particularly her eyes. Breaking the bottle cap with her thumb, Aya proceeds to down the second bottle while spinning in mid-air.
    Time to kick this up a notch.

While Aya is spinning and drinking, Kazuma is readying his next move. He readies his Gantou with both hands above his head, and starts emanating Reiatsu from his forearms, running up the length of the blade. This quickly starts a massive air current as the rock starts sucking up the energy, creating a vaccuum of Reishi that forces movement. It seems to wrap around the blade like a tornado.

"Senkou Fuuretsujin!" Kazuma cries out as he brings the blade down, and sends the swirling current barrelling towards Aya.

Spoiler
    Show
    Senkou Fuuretsujin = Flash Wind Crack Blade

[11th Division gardens]

Michiko gives Kazuma a sad smile. "I tust you'll find... something else to fill your mind. Eventually", she says. Then, her smile widens a bit. "Maybe some other lady to pursue, after I'm gone", she adds jokingly.

"Cicadas...?"
    Michiko trails off into some distant dimes. Cicadas... she can remember listening to their noisy chirping in the world of the living, so, so long ago. For some reasons, the insects had never seen it fit to make home in 11th gardens. "Funny. I've never thought of that before. Wonder why is that?", she muses absent-mindedly.

---
    Kazuma turns beet red at that suggestion. "I've never been one for skirt-chasing... Or very competent at it for that matter..."
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2011-05-19 at 09:51 AM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #282
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Time to kick this up a notch.

While Aya is spinning and drinking, Kazuma is readying his next move. He readies his Gantou with both hands above his head, and starts emanating Reiatsu from his forearms, running up the length of the blade. This quickly starts a massive air current as the rock starts sucking up the energy, creating a vaccuum of Reishi that forces movement. It seems to wrap around the blade like a tornado.

"Senkou Fuuretsujin!" Kazuma cries out as he brings the blade down, and sends the swirling current barrelling towards Aya.

Spoiler
    Show
    Senkou Fuuretsujin = Flash Wind Crack Blade
    Aya disappears before the swirling current hits her and appears on the ground again. "Hado #8: Tetsuiba!" yells Aya as she swings her black blade towards Kazuma's position, sending a metal spike spinning in a very tight spiral from her Zanpakuto towards Kazuma.

As if that is not enough, Aya runs towards Kazuma, a short distance behind the spike but going at the same speed.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

13. - Top - End - #283
    Orc in the Playground

Kazuma is only too happy to respond with brute force this time. Levelling his blade horizontally with the metal spike, his left leg steps backward as he swings, simultaneously deflecting and sending another blade-like gust of wind towards Aya.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #284
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Kazuma is only too happy to respond with brute force this time. Levelling his blade horizontally with the metal spike, his left leg steps backward as he swings, simultaneously deflecting and sending another blade-like gust of wind towards Aya.
    "Bakudo 8, Seki!" grunts Aya as a round shield of reiryoku springs before her. Using it to charge through the gust of wind, Aya finally manages to return to melee range with Kazuma.

Aya swings her blades at Kazuma in a cross slash with a really red face and wild expression in her eyes now that Kazuma is close enough to see.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

15. - Top - End - #285
    Orc in the Playground

She's really into this.

Another half-step backwards, and Kazuma is able to swing upwards from a diagonal angle, deflecting both blades above Aya's head.

For someone wielding a weapon that's supposed to bring down his strength, Kazuma is doing a really good job of letting his swordsmanship show through.

Even as he completes the swing, he quickly transitions into a short-range shunpo, his shoulder bashing towards Aya's torso.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #286
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

She's really into this.
    Spoiler
    Show

Another half-step backwards, and Kazuma is able to swing upwards from a diagonal angle, deflecting both blades above Aya's head.

For someone wielding a weapon that's supposed to bring down his strength, Kazuma is doing a really good job of letting his swordsmanship show through.

Even as he completes the swing, he quickly transitions into a short-range shunpo, his shoulder bashing towards Aya's torso.
    Aya's Inner World

The platform is spinning. And wobbling.

Aya sits at the center dais looking at a large screen of her fighting Kazuma, but her eyes are half-closed and her body is rocking in a circular motion.

Hakumujou and Kokumujou stand on their respective dais as it spins with the platform. "Two bottles of sake! Two points!" yells Kokumujou. "Two bottles of sake. Two Points." nods Hakumujou.

Aya remains on the center dais. As her Zanpakuto spirits look at her with approval in their eyes.

-------------------------------------------------

Back to the fight

With her losing all sense of control over her body, the shoulder tackle feels as if Kazuma is trying to bash into a wool-filled pillow, with only a tiny cough from Aya's lips as they collide.

At the point of impact Aya's feet are totally pulled up from the ground as Kazuma's speed and momentum overpower her own, as the two bodies stick together in that split second Aya's legs quickly wraps around Kazuma's torso as she brings one sword to rest on Kazuma's neck and smashes an empty bottle of sake over Kazuma's head.

Where did that bottle come from? Apparently Aya dropped Hakumujou during the point of impact and the bottle was hidden in Aya's uniform sleeve.

"Game over...*hic*..." Aya slurs as she passes out on Kazuma's shoulder, dropping Kokumujou as well.
    Last edited by Nicklance; 2011-05-19 at 11:03 AM.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

17. - Top - End - #287
    Dwarf in the Playground

[11th Division gardens]
    "Cicadas...?"
    Katisugo nods.
    Yes, apparently these insects follow a 13-year cycle of a population boom. I asked my son when got a chance if he could catch some for me during his patrols in the Mortal World. I'd love to see some of them in the gardens at my house.
    "All humans are weak creatures. It is how those weak creatures fight and grow, that they eventually become strong. If you are weak, don't despair. Fight! --Saitama"

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ettin in the Playground

Kazuma turns beet red at that suggestion. "I've never been one for skirt-chasing... Or very competent at it for that matter..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Righty View Post
    Katisugo nods.
    Yes, apparently these insects follow a 13-year cycle of a population boom. I asked my son when got a chance if he could catch some for me during his patrols in the Mortal World. I'd love to see some of them in the gardens at my house.
    Michiko is visibly amused by Kazuma's flusterment. It's a good thing, then, that Katisugo's intervention spares him from further embarrassement.

"I don't think that would be a good idea, Ichimyori-san"
    , Michiko says solemnly. "After all, what would they eat here? Could they even see the food around them, let alone eat and be sustained by it? Maybe their spirits would linger... but it's not a Shinigami's place to decide who is to enter the afterlide and when, is it? Even if they're just insects..."

19. - Top - End - #289
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Aya's Inner World

The platform is spinning. And wobbling.

Aya sits at the center dais looking at a large screen of her fighting Kazuma, but her eyes are half-closed and her body is rocking in a circular motion.

Hakumujou and Kokumujou stand on their respective dais as it spins with the platform. "Two bottles of sake! Two points!" yells Kokumujou. "Two bottles of sake. Two Points." nods Hakumujou.

Aya remains on the center dais. As her Zanpakuto spirits look at her with approval in their eyes.

-------------------------------------------------

Back to the fight

With her losing all sense of control over her body, the shoulder tackle feels as if Kazuma is trying to bash into a wool-filled pillow, with only a tiny cough from Aya's lips as they collide.

At the point of impact Aya's feet are totally pulled up from the ground as Kazuma's speed and momentum overpower her own, as the two bodies stick together in that split second Aya's legs quickly wraps around Kazuma's torso as she brings one sword to rest on Kazuma's neck and smashes an empty bottle of sake over Kazuma's head.

Where did that bottle come from? Apparently Aya dropped Hakumujou during the point of impact and the bottle was hidden in Aya's uniform sleeve.

"Game over...*hic*..." Aya slurs as she passes out on Kazuma's shoulder, dropping Kokumujou as well.
    "You've got spunk, I'll give you that." Kazuma admitted to his now asleep opponent. "But you've still got a long way to go." With that, he removes the hand he'd pressed against her abdomen when she wrapped her legs around him. She had quite a bit of willpower and imagination - under optimal circunstances this match would've dragged a lot longer.

He didn't seem to be bleeding from the broken bottle over his head. Carefully, he picked her up, as well as her Zanpakutou (assuming it returned to unreleased form) and carried her away to the 10th division's dormitories. He deposited the much smaller girl on her bed, as well as a note and a small pack of herbs.

Spoiler
    Show
    This should help with the hangover.
    Kazuma

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #290
    Pixie in the Playground

[1st Division, Sayuri's office]

"I'm afraid not"
    , Sayuri says. She doesn't elaborate until a group of lower-ranking officers hurry into the room, carrying a pair of familiar red shackles. Sayuri dispels her Kyomon, and they proceed to chain Yuuta's wrists. He can feel his Reiatsu being cut off as his powers are supressed. Sayuei hurries to explain.

"... no major offences, just trespassing. I've detained him due to possible association with former Kido Corps Commander. I turst you can get someone to interview him?" The squad leader nods, and after Sayuri's Bakudo is removed as well, they lead Yuuta away to 1st Division jail to wait for his hearing.

Then, Sayuri turns back to Seiko, now somewhat less on her guard. "Soutaichou left for the Mortal World. To my understanding he's returned, but he hasn't yet come back to 1st Division facilities. You can leave your message with me, and I'll report it to him as soon as possible."
    Seiko turns to watch the squad as they carry Yuuta away. It seemed like the Seireitei was collapsing around his ears. Seiko sighed and walked into Sayuri's office, closing the door behind him. "I don't want anyone to overhear just yet." He said in explanation.

Seiko's eyes were downcast. Sayuri had probably never even seen him upset before, much less this depressed. After a moment he seemed to regain his will and looked Sayuri in the eyes. "Himura Michiko-sama resigned earlier this afternoon." He said simply. "She wanted me to bring the news to the Soutaichou as soon as I could. She also..." Here his voice broke, and Sayuri might be able to notice a single tear in Seiko's eye before he quickly wiped it away. It wasn't a secret how much Seiko admired and respected his captain.

"She also requested an escort to the Rukon, to a new home." He finished, his voice strong again. "If you could please inform the Soutaichou as soon as you can, I'd appreciate it. I'd rather not keep Himura-tai...sama waiting."

He turned back towards the door, partly to leave, and partly to hide his expression from Sayuri. He hated being seen as vulnerable. "I believe that's all, Sayuri-san. I appreciate your understanding."
    Star Wars iTP characters

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Bugbear in the Playground

The (might as well be former) Vice-Commander, and his escorts, resemble a cluster of ants surrounding much larger prey as they make their way the former's future cell. With all of the typical routines executed professionally, Yuuta finds himself meditating to pass the time.

"This is an OUTRAGE!" Roars the pacing, crowned behemoth before Yuuta. "It is entirely unacceptable for you, my pathetic, fleshy prison, to allow yourself to be treated in such a manner while you are a host to me!"

Yuuta's eyes close as he pinches the bridge of his nose. "This is all standard procedure, as it is written in the law of the land. Given your crown, I would have assumed you could appreciate that fact."

"'You'? 'You'!? I will be addressed by name, peasant! I am <Muffle-Muffle>, and though 'you' may yet be entirely unfit to utter it, I will not stand for anything less than to be addressed properly!" Eschewing the use of his massive kanabō, the imposing figure forcefully backhands Yuuta's internal projection, easily bowling the Vice-Commander over. Meanwhile, outside of Yuuta's inner plane, blood begins to trickle from the nose of his physical body after it appears to be physically jarred off balance for a moment.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    If anything, the term should be What Would Toho Do?
    Of course, in all situations the answer is Be A Badass.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Dwarf in the Playground

Michiko is visibly amused by Kazuma's flusterment. It's a good thing, then, that Katisugo's intervention spares him from further embarrassement.

"I don't think that would be a good idea, Ichimyori-san"
    , Michiko says solemnly. "After all, what would they eat here? Could they even see the food around them, let alone eat and be sustained by it? Maybe their spirits would linger... but it's not a Shinigami's place to decide who is to enter the afterlife and when, is it? Even if they're just insects..."
    Katisugo chuckles at how theoretically preposterous his idea sounded, and without missing a beat replies taking a another drink of his tea.
    Hey, that may be true Michiko; but nothing ventured, nothing gained. Worse for worse, I'll just have to get a permission to take leave for the Mortal World, and see those little critters for myself.
    Last edited by The Librarian; 2011-05-19 at 03:13 PM.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ettin in the Playground

[1st Division]

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Seiko turns to watch the squad as they carry Yuuta away. It seemed like the Seireitei was collapsing around his ears. Seiko sighed and walked into Sayuri's office, closing the door behind him. "I don't want anyone to overhear just yet." He said in explanation.

Seiko's eyes were downcast. Sayuri had probably never even seen him upset before, much less this depressed. After a moment he seemed to regain his will and looked Sayuri in the eyes. "Himura Michiko-sama resigned earlier this afternoon." He said simply. "She wanted me to bring the news to the Soutaichou as soon as I could. She also..." Here his voice broke, and Sayuri might be able to notice a single tear in Seiko's eye before he quickly wiped it away. It wasn't a secret how much Seiko admired and respected his captain.

"She also requested an escort to the Rukon, to a new home." He finished, his voice strong again. "If you could please inform the Soutaichou as soon as you can, I'd appreciate it. I'd rather not keep Himura-tai...sama waiting."

He turned back towards the door, partly to leave, and partly to hide his expression from Sayuri. He hated being seen as vulnerable. "I believe that's all, Sayuri-san. I appreciate your understanding."
    Worry furrows Sayuri's brow. A Captain? Resigning in the middle of crisis? How is she supposed to feel about that? It makes her feel hollow inside. Should she consider such dishonorable, or had dishonor been the reason? Had Himura-taichou lost, or trying to save her face?

"I see. I shall report this to Tsukada-soutaichou. I suggest you ask Himura-sama to stay in her former apartment for the time being. I'm afraid we require her to wait till the current crisis is truly over. For our... her safety."

"You may leave."

After Seiko is gone, Sayuri sits behind her desk and takes an empty sheet of paper from her desk drawer. "Define reality, Namae no Ataenushi", she whispers, her Zanpakuto turning into an elaborate quil pen. She begins joylessly writing her report.

[Later same evening]

Eiji Ito is given a letter by one of the adjudants, closed by Sayuri's personal seal. "Yamamoto-fukutaichou has left for a break", she tells. "In the case Tsukada-soutaichou returns during her absence, you are to give him this. It seems the 11th Captain is requesting to resign."

[4 days after the invasion, 1st Division jail]

Quote Originally Posted by Hadrian_Emrys View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The (might as well be former) Vice-Commander, and his escorts, resemble a cluster of ants surrounding much larger prey as they make their way the former's future cell. With all of the typical routines executed professionally, Yuuta finds himself meditating to pass the time.

"This is an OUTRAGE!" Roars the pacing, crowned behemoth before Yuuta. "It is entirely unacceptable for you, my pathetic, fleshy prison, to allow yourself to be treated in such a manner while you are a host to me!"

Yuuta's eyes close as he pinches the bridge of his nose. "This is all standard procedure, as it is written in the law of the land. Given your crown, I would have assumed you could appreciate that fact."

"'You'? 'You'!? I will be addressed by name, peasant! I am <Muffle-Muffle>, and though 'you' may yet be entirely unfit to utter it, I will not stand for anything less than to be addressed properly!" Eschewing the use of his massive kanabō, the imposing figure forcefully backhands Yuuta's internal projection, easily bowling the Vice-Commander over. Meanwhile, outside of Yuuta's inner plane, blood begins to trickle from the nose of his physical body after it appears to be physically jarred off balance for a moment.
    Yuuta's following few days are dull. Much of it consists of waiting in his cell, and periodically being dragged to repetitive interviews where they ask him same questions over and over again as Gotei members meticulously double, triple and quadruple-check his words and motives.

On the fourth day, Sayuri comes for a visit.

"Hello, Yama-san"
    , she greets, bowing. "My apologies that this has taken so long. We've been rather low on resources, as I hope you understand. We've had to interview many of your underlings as well. Fortunately, there... haven't been new defectors after the initial outburst, at least not yet. Still... of the 51 who eloped, 31 are still missing, Kitano included. 12 have been captured. They're under jurisdiction of 10th now. 8, I'm afraid to inform you, were slain - by their own hand. Their names are enclosed herein." She hands him a paper roll through the bars.

Sayuri's voice is calm, her features solemn and impeccable... as usual. But she can't wholly hide the hint of grief and righteous anger in her cold blue eyes. "I'm glad to inform you that this concludes your hearings. Shortly, you will be released and allowed to resume your normal duties."

"But before that, mind if we talk a bit?"

24. - Top - End - #294
    Barbarian in the Playground

Prison

Suzume Kimi sits in her cell alone, cold, underfed, and oddly smiling. "Those two that stayed with me while you guys came to get me. What's their faces? Soushi and that other one. Kid with the labcoat. I want to see them, pretty please?" She bats her eyelashes "cutely" and whistles a bit. Almost enough to forget she'd been following a psychopath and just blew up two divisions and would have murdered any number of divisioners if she hadn't been caught so soon.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

25. - Top - End - #295
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"You've got spunk, I'll give you that." Kazuma admitted to his now asleep opponent. "But you've still got a long way to go." With that, he removes the hand he'd pressed against her abdomen when she wrapped her legs around him. She had quite a bit of willpower and imagination - under optimal circunstances this match would've dragged a lot longer.

He didn't seem to be bleeding from the broken bottle over his head. Carefully, he picked her up, as well as her Zanpakutou (assuming it returned to unreleased form) and carried her away to the 10th division's dormitories. He deposited the much smaller girl on her bed, as well as a note and a small pack of herbs.

Spoiler
    Show
    This should help with the hangover.
    Kazuma
    Perhaps the amazing thing was that Aya never released her Zanpakuto. That was a sparring session of pure skill and imagination.

Waking up with a hangover, Aya spots the note and pack of herbs and smiles. That was a good sparring session. Though I need to get used to alcohol in my system as well. Using some healing kido on herself, Aya returns to the training grounds to train with her squad, and realizing she had slept throughout the rest of the day yesterday, had missed a training session with her Zanpakuto spirits. But the roaring laughter in her mind seems to tell her that it is alright.

As she drills with her squad, her mind wanders a bit. She has not heard from Shishiou in a while. Perhaps she would visit him this evening, for dinner perhaps.

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, either Kazuma or Ren can spar with Aya this time.
    Last edited by Nicklance; 2011-05-19 at 05:19 PM.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

26. - Top - End - #296
    Pixie in the Playground

[11th Division grounds]

Seiko returned to the division to collect his thoughts. It was there that Karite would find him, pacing the grounds as he attempted to figure out where to go from here. Seiko's hand constantly went to his blade hilt, as if he expected answers to spring forth from the handle. Thankfully, that was known to happen from time to time with Zanpakutou.

The right answer isn't just going to pop into your head, you know. Maikenoumaru's voice rang in his mind like the whistle of a blade in the air.

I'm aware. But it's not going to come any easier if I stand still. Maybe movement will help.

And what makes you think that? You just feel trapped. And for once in your life, there's no captain for you to run to. And you don't know how to deal with that.

No, I don't! Michiko-taichou has always been there, and now she's just...not.

Well, maybe it's time for you to step up, then. I think that we have some work to do. And I do mean 'we'.

Seiko gripped the handle of sword. It seemed like he had come to some sort of decision.
    Star Wars iTP characters

27. - Top - End - #297
    Orc in the Playground

Seems that coincidentally enough, Kazuma is drilling the new recruits. So as of right now, he's unavailable for sparring. Not that the unseated under his command don't try to talk him into it - it seems Kazuma demands of others as much he does himself.

Shishiou should be about done with his rounds for now, though.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #298
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Seems that coincidentally enough, Kazuma is drilling the new recruits. So as of right now, he's unavailable for sparring. Not that the unseated under his command don't try to talk him into it - it seems Kazuma demands of others as much he does himself.

Shishiou should be about done with his rounds for now, though.
    Dismissing her squad members after their morning patrol, Aya sends a note, as well as two tickets, to Tsukikage Shishiou, a request to watch a movie and have lunch together.

Konpaku Aya waits at the cinema, looking at the poster of the movie they are watching. Apparently its this show about a huge ship that in the Mortal World was claimed to be unsinkable, but still sunk anyway.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    Prison

Suzume Kimi sits in her cell alone, cold, underfed, and oddly smiling. "Those two that stayed with me while you guys came to get me. What's their faces? Soushi and that other one. Kid with the labcoat. I want to see them, pretty please?" She bats her eyelashes "cutely" and whistles a bit. Almost enough to forget she'd been following a psychopath and just blew up two divisions and would have murdered any number of divisioners if she hadn't been caught so soon.
    [12th Division]

It wasn't terribly long before 20th Seat Hirako Yoshi got the news the prisoner wanted to see him. A confusing matter. He was told he was under no obligation to attend, but if he did, it would be recorded.

"I'd be recording it anyways, so that's fine."

Some pondering later, and he stands to go. Before he does, he grabs a few things...
    [Later, Outside 10th Division Holding Area]

Yoshi stops outside the building that houses Suzume, pondering the situation again.

He cut a rather striking figure right now. Not only was he in his uniform and lab coat, with his staff strapped to his back, he'd clearly made some upgrades to his equipment.
    Perhaps the most obvious change was the much more sophisticated visor he wore in place of his old eyepiece. Even now data flickered across his vision.
    The two pistols strapped to each side seemed a bit more advanced than his last set.
    And while the large gun on his back didn't look quite as "slick" as some of his previous models, it would make sense it, too, was a more advanced model.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

30. - Top - End - #300
    Orc in the Playground

Dismissing her squad members after their morning patrol, Aya sends a note, as well as two tickets, to Tsukikage Shishiou, a request to watch a movie and have lunch together.

Konpaku Aya waits at the cinema, looking at the poster of the movie they are watching. Apparently its this show about a huge ship that in the Mortal World was claimed to be unsinkable, but still sunk anyway.
    Shishiou was about ten minutes late, apparently arriving in a hurry. He couldn't turn down Aya's invitation, but neither could he leave his duties unattended. And despite the fact he was normally ahead of his workload, Kitano Takeshi's choice of refuge meant he had to oversee as many reports of the 13th's patrols as he could to check for any leads.

"Sorry I'm late!"

[10th division's holding cells]
    Soushi came up not long after Yoshi did. He looked a little tired; apparently, despite his Captain's efficiency, 8th had a considerable amount of stress put on it during the time he was on suspension. It was a matter of protocol in either case, for not following proper procedures; there was word of a potential bonus after his return, and the loftier talks were of promotion.

He still seemed well and truly chipper for that, however.

"20th seat Yoshi, correct? I'm Nagamichi Soushi, Vice-Captain of the 8th. We've met, but I didn't get the chance to properly introduce myself."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show