New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [FwM] Bridle Shores 90210-Mlp without the Kiddy Thread XIII

"We've been better..." Lemongrass replied, rubbing his head. He winced as he brushed past a nasty bruise near his forehead. "Ow... that's gonna sting tomorrow," he said ruefully. He glanced around for his fellow guards. "Hey Tyrol, you okay down there?"

"... why don't you try being sat on by a heavily armoured pony?" came the pained reply.

Lemongrass chuckled. "No thanks. I'm glad you appreciate my sincere concern."

Tyrol just grunted and slowly eased himself into a sitting position. His whole body hurt. He belatedly realised there was suddenly a lot of new faces in the immediate vicinity. "Oh... thanks for the help. We would have taken worse casulties had you guys not rolled in."

In the meantime, Snowflake and Idle was hustling, hustling away towards the clinic. The one with the irate competent doctor.

"What now?" the doctor greeted with customary acid as the two barged in.

2. - Top - End - #992
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaros

"I am sorry that we had to. Though...does this happen often?" He puts a hoof lightly on Lemongrass' head and lay-on-hoof's some healing energy into the bruise, and then funnels the rest into a general healing spell on Tyrol.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

3. - Top - End - #993
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
    Zaros

"I am sorry that we had to. Though...does this happen often?" He puts a hoof lightly on Lemongrass' head and lay-on-hoof's some healing energy into the bruise, and then funnels the rest into a general healing spell on Tyrol.
    Lemongrass felt the nasty headache that was coming on receding. He nodded his thanks. Field healing magic wasn't so common these days. "Well, not every day..."

"Every two weeks is more like it," Tyrol added.

"It feels like every week now."

Tyrol rolled his eyes. "That's because it really was every week for the past month."

"Huh."

4. - Top - End - #994
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    She's binded, bounded, and then Blades chops her horn off!
    She pretty much rages now, struggling hard, REALLY hard to get unbound of Arvadraa's tentacles, who may be wondering why she isn't wailing out of pain, having the horn attacked while casting a spell, shouldn't that cause a backlash?
    "Heh. That'll make things more even here..."

Then Blades ran out of adrenaline and collapsed.

Quote Originally Posted by Luka
    He's tossed aside, but his horn glows even bright, a LOT brighter, he looks at the ground and his comrades and the horn gives out a flashbang like.... Flash

When everpony looks around, the attackers are gone... It seems the green one teleported them out or did some ninja trick; there's several things left on the ground though: What would look like a tiny shard of metal, close to Dawnstrider, a metal plate Night Jewel could pick up.... And some purplish-black tentacles appearing around Flare's previous chasm location, they would be growing small at first, but you never know.
    "...Huh. Seems they do have some sense." Night Jewel picked up the plate to examine it. "This could be very useful."

Flare simply shook her head and drew up some lava to douse the tentacles in.

She gives an adorable 'eep' sound and falls back, accidentally hugging herself. With the tentacles. She leaps up and brushes them off, looking around in surprise and worry. But not for the attackers.

"Blades! Are you okay?"
    The metalworker stirred. "Don't ya worry, girl. I'm not dyin' or anything. Just a lil' winded from that magic... I might want a lift back to the shop, though."

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360
    He rolls off of whomever he may happen to be pinning, and brings his sword to bear against, ah, nothing.

His armor fades slowly back to black, his eyes close, and he sheathes his blade.

"Is everypony alright?" He asks tonelessly.
    "I'm fine. Just a little disturbed by all this violence."

Flare actually hesitated. "I do not seem injured. However, I'm experiencing a few... unexpected sensations in my stomach and throat. I wonder if you would be familiar with them?"
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

5. - Top - End - #995
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Lemongrass felt the nasty headache that was coming on receding. He nodded his thanks. Field healing magic wasn't so common these days. "Well, not every day..."

"Every two weeks is more like it," Tyrol added.

"It feels like every week now."

Tyrol rolled his eyes. "That's because it really was every week for the past month."

"Huh."
    "Once every two weeks?" He repeats, but in a tone more representative of 'is that all?'. "That would explain your battle prowess, then. Though, I should ask your commanding officer to assign battlefield medics."

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    The metalworker stirred. "Don't ya worry, girl. I'm not dyin' or anything. Just a lil' winded from that magic... I might want a lift back to the shop, though."
    "Of course." She says quietly in her best 'tucking in baby squirrels' voice. "I'll get you nice a- hey!" She shoots upright and gapes at what one would assume to be some sort of epiphany. "I'm conscious this time!"

Oh, sorry, would you prefer not to be?

Thank you.

I- Wait, what?

"But, ah. That's a later-thing, not a now-thing."

Flare actually hesitated. "I do not seem injured. However, I'm experiencing a few... unexpected sensations in my stomach and throat. I wonder if you would be familiar with them?"
    "Well..." She begins slowly, mulling it over while also trying to figure out how to move Blades. "How long has it been since you ate or drank anything? Besides lava. Wait, can you even drink lava? I mean you-you, not ponies-you, although I suppose..."

Semi-victory apparently equals time for tangents.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

6. - Top - End - #996
    Troll in the Playground

Advanced Vampony Fracas

[Daniel]

"Perhaps a mook to you, perhaps but a mook to the enemy during the war, but I know what I am," The earth pony replied with intense furrowed brows. "I am still a soldier." He glanced down at the unicorn with the snapped stake in her throat. He couldn't grab it with his teeth without pushing it further in by accident. They'd need another unicorn to levitate it out. The irony. "I'm sorry Moon Dazzle...your pain will need to be a bit longer....until we get this sorted out." Moon Dazzle glurked. Anyways.

The soldier earth pony brandished his sword. "Yes...I am dead, undead rather, but there is even a true death, which we shall fight to. Prepare your bow and I, my sword, we duel." He then sniffed the air and tensed up.
    ------

[Silverpine/ Gearstride]

Gearstride groaned and dropped her combat knife as it clattered on the stone floor. Her blood spilled unto the stone, pooling and, matting into her fur. The vampony pegasus bared its fangs, the smell being really nice and delicious smelling right now. The vampony pegasus stared at Gearstride and then looked at Silverpine a short distances away. She smirked and dove after Gearstride to finish her off.
    -------

[Sandy]

The flaming earth pony grunted as Sandy tried to corkscrew it. Getting weaker by the fire, the earth pony knew he was done for. This was it, he took comfort knowing he died for the sake of his Master. Oh so he felt like he needed to believe that. He took this moment as he was stabbed in the midsection to send off a whispered prayer to Luna, princess of the night. He fell to the floor on his back as his black blood rushed out his mouth. "Hurry....up...I did all I could..."
    --------

[Staccata]

Unicorn #1, sluggish from the fire, but not quite completely snail paced. He opted to bite on her cloak as they flipped over in order to flip her over again and land on him. His goal of course, was to try to set her on fire.
    --------

[Rainbow]

Pegasi #2, an old mare with a messy power bun and len-less glasses smiled. "Oh, hello child. Sorry aboot this but I need to kill you, orders and all, I do like your mane. Its verry nice....wait...do you have a hair dresser you go to? I'd like to know before you cannot answer anymore."
    --------

[Miss M/Zephyr]

It truly did pain Miss M to see her progeny get beat up like that. So, she ran towards the nearest pillar to them and super vampony jumped off it to kick their asses.
    --------

And Bonita and Clod seemed to have disappeared.

========================

Ember and Lochbed

"Noo...I mean...I don't think I meant it like that...I...uh....nuts....I don't know what I meant by that.."
    Ember smiled sheepisly and lowered his ears.
    ========================

Southern Gate

Silent is lying on the dirt trying to get up, he seemed to have hurt his hoof when he hit the ground hard trying to avoid those spikes.

In Town at the Medic

Idle almost burst into tears as the irate doctor asked what was going on.

"Violet!....She's dying! Please...please save her! She's only a rookie...she doesn't deserve this....she can't die!"
    The doctor would see, of course a bleeding in her abdomen and whatever else.

7. - Top - End - #997
    Ettin in the Playground

"Heh. That'll make things more even here..."

Then Blades ran out of adrenaline and collapsed.

"...Huh. Seems they do have some sense." Night Jewel picked up the plate to examine it. "This could be very useful."

Flare simply shook her head and drew up some lava to douse the tentacles in.

"You planning to throw up? Bush is that way," Lemongrass said, before eyeing Night Jewel. "Found something you like? We don't normally keep trophies... Captain hates that, so you're welcome to anything before we clear the mess up. Please don't tell them I said you can loot the bodies... or whatever that is left here."

"Once every two weeks?" He repeats, but in a tone more representative of 'is that all?'. "That would explain your battle prowess, then. Though, I should ask your commanding officer to assign battlefield medics."
    "Were that we actually could train battlefield medics," Tyrol replied, deadpan. "Unfortunately, Bridle Shores is just a small town." He glanced up at the stone walls ringing the town. "A very fortified town, admittedly, but we're no army camp."

"Of course." She says quietly in her best 'tucking in baby squirrels' voice. "I'll get you nice a- hey!" She shoots upright and gapes at what one would assume to be some sort of epiphany. "I'm conscious this time!"

Oh, sorry, would you prefer not to be?

Thank you.

I- Wait, what?

"Well..." She begins slowly, mulling it over while also trying to figure out how to move Blades. "How long has it been since you ate or drank anything? Besides lava. Wait, can you even drink lava? I mean you-you, not ponies-you, although I suppose..."

Lemongrass just tilted his head in confusion. Lava? The hay was going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    [Silverpine/ Gearstride]

Gearstride groaned and dropped her combat knife as it clattered on the stone floor. Her blood spilled unto the stone, pooling and, matting into her fur. The vampony pegasus bared its fangs, the smell being really nice and delicious smelling right now. The vampony pegasus stared at Gearstride and then looked at Silverpine a short distances away. She smirked and dove after Gearstride to finish her off.
    "Not so fast." The cold rage underneath his voice was warning enough. With a short burst of speed, he crossed the distance between the three, his shotgun already up and tracking. He would fire off his two shots, drop his shotgun and pivot to buck the vampony just as he came within melee distance.

In Town at the Medic

Idle almost burst into tears as the irate doctor asked what was going on.

"Violet!....She's dying! Please...please save her! She's only a rookie...she doesn't deserve this....she can't die!"
    The doctor would see, of course a bleeding in her abdomen and whatever else.
    "Cool your jets. She's not dying just yet," the doctor replied in a bored tone. A pair of nurses quickly carried Violet over to the nearest empty bed. The unicorn began examining her throughly, unwrapping the bandage and making thoughtful sounds all the while. A brief jet of green magic, and the doctor looked up. "Looks like someone stopped the damage before you get her here. Good for her. Bad news is that it looks like the same weapon that got Flameshield and Idle before."

"It's them again..." Snowflake whispered.

8. - Top - End - #998
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Cool your jets. She's not dying just yet," the doctor replied in a bored tone. A pair of nurses quickly carried Violet over to the nearest empty bed. The unicorn began examining her throughly, unwrapping the bandage and making thoughtful sounds all the while. A brief jet of green magic, and the doctor looked up. "Looks like someone stopped the damage before you get her here. Good for her. Bad news is that it looks like the same weapon that got Flameshield and Idle before."

"It's them again..." Snowflake whispered.
    Violet just remains silent there, unconciouss and everything.
    Still he would be able to notice something new: It would seem like if there was a spiky ball-shaped small explosion around the stab area, producing some internal damage and bleeding, Arvadraa could have stoped some of it though....
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #999
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Rainbow

Rainbow wipes her lip and spits. "You know what? I'll do you one better. I will introduce you to my mane dresser. He name is Rightly O'Dowd." She springs up and launches a right fore hoof to the older pegasus vampony's face.

Lochbed

"Well you need to change ye attitude to us fae and embrace what ye have. Access to we fae be day best resource ye have available other than ye name and the relationship it brings. We fae be not as bad as ye think once ye get used take us fae."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Lochbed

"Well you need to change ye attitude to us fae and embrace what ye have. Access to we fae be day best resource ye have available other than ye name and the relationship it brings. We fae be not as bad as ye think once ye get used take us fae."

"Yea, I guess, I'll do my darnest...mmmmm, unrelated, but sometimes, it just feels like there's much on my plate I need to do, I don't really know what I'm doing....I'm just so...mentally taxed."
    Ember sighed and leaned to his left and frumped on the couch's side arm.
    ====

Idle Chat- Clinic

"I know...why...though...what do they want?..."
    He softly whispered.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-11-08 at 09:06 AM.

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Titan in the Playground

Advanced Vampony Fracas

[Sandy]

The flaming earth pony grunted as Sandy tried to corkscrew it. Getting weaker by the fire, the earth pony knew he was done for. This was it, he took comfort knowing he died for the sake of his Master. Oh so he felt like he needed to believe that. He took this moment as he was stabbed in the midsection to send off a whispered prayer to Luna, princess of the night. He fell to the floor on his back as his black blood rushed out his mouth. "Hurry....up...I did all I could..."
    --------

[Staccata]

Unicorn #1, sluggish from the fire, but not quite completely snail paced. He opted to bite on her cloak as they flipped over in order to flip her over again and land on him. His goal of course, was to try to set her on fire.
    His last words fell on deaf ears; Sandy jabbed the stake in his heart once more, heedless of the vampony ichor spurting all over him. His blood and glamour-tinged eyes swept the battlefield, finding the nearest enemy. Nearby, that rogue and a unicorn vampony were tussling; perfect.

With the vampony going sluggish, he'd be easy prey for the engineer. In a flash, he'd rammed horn-first into the flaming enemy, stabbing, slashing, and even biting away at his midsection. Although one could think that he was taking advantage of the fact that his magic could easily douse flames and his combat armor was strictly non-flammable, judging by the manic energy behind his attacks, such thoughts were not foremost in his mind.

(tldr: Sandy horn-rams the flaming unicorn flipping Staccata, then goes into a frenzy of slashes, stabs, and bites to its midsection.)
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Dwarf in the Playground

"You planning to throw up? Bush is that way," Lemongrass said, before eyeing Night Jewel. "Found something you like? We don't normally keep trophies... Captain hates that, so you're welcome to anything before we clear the mess up. Please don't tell them I said you can loot the bodies... or whatever that is left here."
    "Trophy? No, this is a little more than that." Night Jewel held up the metal proudly. "It's a piece of whatever that metal was they were using. Now I can figure out more about it!"

"Well, that's mighty- Eh?" Blades shook her head. "Now ya're gettin' me confused."

"I... suppose that makes sense. I have not needed food or drink for centuries now. I must have forgotten." Flare smiled. "Oh well, that should be remedied easily enough.

"As for your other question, I have never attempted to drink lava. I am still not completely heatproof, and I suspect it would be fatal."
    Last edited by PurityIcekiller; 2012-11-08 at 10:37 AM.

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Troll in the Playground

Elsewhere

While the defenders were sent out to battle to essentially die, along with others on their way, in another area of the underground temple, there was a small gathering of the rest of the clan. Twenty in all here in this group, divided into two groups. Five in one, and the rest in the other. The Master stood at the center with Worry Wart at his side and the pegasus mare from way earlier who I don't think I named.

"...We should probably cut our losses, Spectre. We haven't even made a real dent in those eight and you've already lost the majority to all the fruits of your efforts. Ptt. Your little experiment to create an army...hah...laughable when it proved no more helpful as a crippled blind foal."
    A white maned pegasus mare with a blue coat stood in front of the group of five said and glowered at this Spectre.

It is not my fault Zippity Do.They weren't ready, I did not have the time to properly assimilate them, to refine the process.
    There was an annoyed grunt from the vampony. Not when I had those blasted wannabe heroes on my ass!

"Yes well, perhaps you shouldn't have tried to attack that unicorn with the odd blood."

"Because I knew he had powerful allies right who would start interfering with my plans right?"

"I don't know, you tell me, you're the one who has been around for almost a millennium, surely there's some experience you picked up."
    Zippity Do snorted and nickered angrily.

"So what? You're telling me you're going to leave? After how far we've gotten?"

"There's nothing past this. Your attempts to rebuild our race's past glory will only fail, again. I no longer wish to be a part of it. We vamponies are a dying race and you should accept that. Our time is over and we should just be content to live out our immortality with what we have, who we have.

I only stuck with you for so long because you were my big brother. But no more, not when I see you so willingly content with sending out your children to slaughter. Tell me, how many have you lost in this single night? And for what real reason?"

My means will justify our ends.

"Only those who don't really know what they're doing say that. Well I will not be having my children die anymore. Losing Scouter and Flash Step tonight was bad enough, and right now Honor Guard is fighting for something pointless, and I don't want him to die for that."

"So what, you're just going to leave? Denounce our alliance after all this long? The enemy won't let you just simply pass you know? Your hooves and fangs are stained just as well, you are no innocent party here and that's all they will see. Just another "evil" vampony that needs to be put down."

"...Perhaps I may die....but if I stick with you, then my children and I are guaranteed to die."
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-11-08 at 11:36 AM.

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    Violet just remains silent there, unconciouss and everything.
    Still he would be able to notice something new: It would seem like if there was a spiky ball-shaped small explosion around the stab area, producing some internal damage and bleeding, Arvadraa could have stoped some of it though....
    Idle Chat- Clinic

"I know...why...though...what do they want?..."
    He softly whispered.
    Snowflake shook her head slowly. "I don't know... but they just hurt another innocent..."

Meanwhile, the doctor continued to repair the wound with precise burst of healing magic. Slowly, ever so slowly, the damage was undone. By the end of it, the wound was but a shallow gap in the coat. The doctor wiped errant beads of sweat off his brow, before stepping off to let his nurses handle the rest. "She'll be fine. Just needs rest and observation for any of those side effect from... whatever caused this."

"Trophy? No, this is a little more than that." Night Jewel held up the metal proudly. "It's a piece of whatever that metal was they were using. Now I can figure out more about it!"
    "Huh. That would be helpful." Lemongrass filed away the factoid for later. Captain might want to know.

"Well, that's mighty- Eh?" Blades shook her head. "Now ya're gettin' me confused."

"I... suppose that makes sense. I have not needed food or drink for centuries now. I must have forgotten." Flare smiled. "Oh well, that should be remedied easily enough.

"As for your other question, I have never attempted to drink lava. I am still not completely heatproof, and I suspect it would be fatal."
    "Eh wha...? What is all this about lava?" Lemongrass interrupted, scratching his head.

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Yea, I guess, I'll do my darnest...mmmmm, unrelated, but sometimes, it just feels like there's much on my plate I need to do, I don't really know what I'm doing....I'm just so...mentally taxed."
    Ember sighed and leaned to his left and frumped on the couch's side arm.
    "Ah know. Ah know." The kelpie laid down on Ember's side. She petted him and frowned. "This be a hard thing to do. There be no rush on when ye act but ye have to secure your resources. Just do that. Donnae have to think lon term. Just meet the folk."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Firbolg in the Playground

Vampony Bowl-Down

Sandy's gone pretty mad hasn't he. With the vampony slowing down from the pain, it seems Staccata has options for dealing with it. Her cloak... hopefully it can be put out before it's completely gone since its enchantment would put it back. There is a more pressing concern though.

Either to make sure Sandy isn't stuck with a vampony kabob or to make sure the flaming vampony goes away from her, the mare bucks away unicorn #1. Because she hasn't quite learned her lesson about kicking the things.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    "Ah know. Ah know." The kelpie laid down on Ember's side. She petted him and frowned. "This be a hard thing to do. There be no rush on when ye act but ye have to secure your resources. Just do that. Donnae have to think lon term. Just meet the folk."

"I...okay Lochbed......and thank you,"
    He lifted a hoof and leg and laid it over her side.

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"I...okay Lochbed......and thank you,"
    He lifted a hoof and leg and laid it over her side.
    "Ah be pact bound take help ya." Lochbed smiled. "We go this afternoon?"
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Ogre in the Playground

Daniel

"Neat a trick as that'd be, I'm not actually going to kill you. Re-kill you. Whatever. Matter of fact, I aim to douse you in a vat of mook-be-gone, make you what you used to be.

That is to say, sentient and not a mindless drone. Figured you ought to know, even though you're probably still going to fight for your drone-dom. Don'tcha just love mind control?"
    He nabs two more arrows and triple-fires into whatever weak spots he can find, preferably far enough apart to force his opponent to pick and choose just one to block, if at all.

"Oh, and 'tag'."

(tl;dr - explain explain triple-shot into the chinks witty comment)

([Normal Arrows Left: 11 (immediate)]
    [Fire Arrows Left: 1 (immediate)])

--

Zaros

"Then it seems you are fortunate to have the greatest healer of the previous generation staying here. My father can provide assistance for the time being."

"When I find him." He mutters.

--

Arvadraa

"Oh, that's-"

Oh, let her have her fun.

"Bad luck in fights recently, remember? I guess practice does make perfect."

"Easily enough, yes." She spots a nearby bird and chirrups at it. It flies off hurriedly. "There we go, they don't exactly do muffins but you should have a snack at least when we get back."

"Eh wha...? What is all this about lava?" Lemongrass interrupted, scratching his head.
    "Semi-code devised by our part of the merchants guild. More of a series of in-jokes, really. She's a new recruit from a mining operation near Stalliongrad..." She assures Lemongrass patiently.

Stalliongrad? What?

Work with me, here.

"As part of our magical goods apprenticeship program. 'Lava' is what they call burnt orange juice and hay fries down there..."

Hay fries? Now I know you're messing with me.

I know, I know.

"And, well, I guess that's part of the reason she signed up!" She laughs charmingly while Horne busily prays that Flare and Blades stay as quiet as possible.

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Troll in the Playground

Advanced Vampony Fracas

[Silverpine]

The pegasus shot up into the air avoiding the buck and sucked in her breath before springing out the shrapnel in her body back at Silverpine.

[Rainbow]

"Fascinating! Is that with two w's or one?" She asks blocking her hoof and pushing Rainbow down by her own hoof. "Though, you can't really introduce me since when this is over you're to be dead or something and stuff, ya know?"

[Sandy/Staccata]

And so that earth pony died. Moving on. The rabid Sandy, a frightening halfling beast attacks a burning unicorn. The unicorn stumbles backwards and twists, falling on his stomach with a shallow wound where Sandy's horn struck. The bloody flaming mess of a unicorn is literally trying to crawl away having had seen a real monster to strike fear. He soon finds himself with a buck to the head and death coming behind him.

From above the hamster ball of doom appears out of nowhere aimed for Sandy and Staccata.

[Daniel]

"Trick? I know not what you mean." The earth pony replies and super jumps behind the boulder by passing the arrows. Though that's not to say the arrows are wasted, they're there somewhere to be found and reused again. "I do not fight under their Master's orders." He said punching a piece of the boulder with his fore hoof and sending an avoidable large chunk of rock at Daniel.

[Miss M/Zephyr]

The red unicorn pushing herself off the pillar jumped at the pegasi's beating up Zephyr tackling them both to the ground as Zephyr himself fell toward the ground from the exhaustion of the beating he took.
    =====

Ember & Lochbed-Morning

"This afternoon? Sure...I think....I still got to talk to Big Bruce.....but...it...could be a thing."
    A thing he wasn't really ready for.

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Ogre in the Playground

Daniel

"So you're trying to kill us for no particular reason other than that's what you do?" He rolls and fires another arrow, this one at the sword's handle. "Not making yourself especially save-able, or whoever's yanking your leash, either. If you didn't know we aren't firing to kill, then that one is basically throwing you into what they think is the fire.

Which means, your boss? Not even remotely better than this 'Master'. Kind of puts things in perspective."

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Firbolg in the Playground

Vampony Bowl-down

Reflex save! Jump away! Well that was a seemingly logical move. If Staccata knows her insane bloodthirsting beserkers, Sandy's in danger of not knowing he should run away. However, personal running is the first order of business. Plans can wait until she knows where the ball will roll.

[Staccata ran away. She bravely ran away!]
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Huh. That would be helpful." Lemongrass filed away the factoid for later. Captain might want to know.
    "It would, wouldn't it. I'll be sure to share my findings." After all, the more trustworthy I look to you, the easier it'll be to talk my way out of trouble.

"Bad luck in fights recently, remember? I guess practice does make perfect."
    "Oh, right. I'm glad one of us is doin' better, at least."

"Easily enough, yes." She spots a nearby bird and chirrups at it. It flies off hurriedly. "There we go, they don't exactly do muffins but you should have a snack at least when we get back."
    "Good. I do not want to inadvertently starve myself on my first day."

"Semi-code devised by our part of the merchants guild. More of a series of in-jokes, really. She's a new recruit from a mining operation near Stalliongrad..." She assures Lemongrass patiently...

..."As part of our magical goods apprenticeship program. 'Lava' is what they call burnt orange juice and hay fries down there..."...

..."And, well, I guess that's part of the reason she signed up!" She laughs charmingly while Horne busily prays that Flare and Blades stay as quiet as possible.
    Flare twitched her ears. "Do you really expect... I'm an earth mage, so the lava is literal."

Blades didn't add anything, fortunately.

Interesting story. I wonder what the penalty for bringing a living apocalypse into town is? If she has to lie like that, I'd guess it's not something you get away with easily, but I'm nowhere near as familiar with this legal system as I am with my homeland's.

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

[
    [Rainbow]

"Fascinating! Is that with two w's or one?" She asks blocking her hoof and pushing Rainbow down by her own hoof. "Though, you can't really introduce me since when this is over you're to be dead or something and stuff, ya know?"
    "How about I introduce you to the Grim Reaper before I go?" Rainbow kicked her hindleg upward and flicked her wrist. Her intention was to fire a bort right through the mare's heart. She fired.

Ember & Lochbed-Morning

"This afternoon? Sure...I think....I still got to talk to Big Bruce.....but...it...could be a thing."
    A thing he wasn't really ready for.
    The kelpie was puzzled. "Want meh to come with ye?"
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Ettin in the Playground

Zaros

"Then it seems you are fortunate to have the greatest healer of the previous generation staying here. My father can provide assistance for the time being."

"When I find him." He mutters.
    "I'm sure we're most fortunate to have him..." Tyrol remarked dryly. He most certainly wasn't aware of a renowned healer in town. He'd have to check back on the long list of ponies who recently wandered into town. Though to be fair, they weren't exactly in urgent need of healers. There was that crazy teched up medic from three weeks ago... and assorted mages and stuff.

"Semi-code devised by our part of the merchants guild. More of a series of in-jokes, really. She's a new recruit from a mining operation near Stalliongrad..." She assures Lemongrass patiently.

Stalliongrad? What?

Work with me, here.

"As part of our magical goods apprenticeship program. 'Lava' is what they call burnt orange juice and hay fries down there..."

Hay fries? Now I know you're messing with me.

I know, I know.

"And, well, I guess that's part of the reason she signed up!" She laughs charmingly while Horne busily prays that Flare and Blades stay as quiet as possible.
    "It would, wouldn't it. I'll be sure to share my findings." After all, the more trustworthy I look to you, the easier it'll be to talk my way out of trouble.

"Oh, right. I'm glad one of us is doin' better, at least."

"Good. I do not want to inadvertently starve myself on my first day."

Flare twitched her ears. "Do you really expect... I'm an earth mage, so the lava is literal."

Blades didn't add anything, fortunately.

Interesting story. I wonder what the penalty for bringing a living apocalypse into town is? If she has to lie like that, I'd guess it's not something you get away with easily, but I'm nowhere near as familiar with this legal system as I am with my homeland's.
    Lemongrass rolled his eyes. "Now you're just pulling my tail, yes? I know what lava is." Apparently, Lemongrass wasn't as dumb as he liked ponies to think. That and he was suddenly grateful for his geology teacher for making him stand through all her classes. "Now, let's try again. What was this about lava?"

Advanced Vampony Fracas

[Silverpine]

The pegasus shot up into the air avoiding the buck and sucked in her breath before springing out the shrapnel in her body back at Silverpine.
    Too slow. Far too slow. For Silverpine. His momentum carried him way past his intended target, and by the time he managed to turn around to face his target, he was greeted by another faceful of shrapnel. He reflexively dove again to the ground to avoid the worst of the sharpnel, but pain lanced his sides as the metal fragments dug in. "Nngh, come back here!" he yelled, diving into the air to try and drag the pegasus back down. Probably not the smartest decision with regards to vamponies, but then, Silverpine wasn't exactly thinking straight at this point.

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Ogre in the Playground

Arvadraa

"No, I'm not pulling your tail, but don't worry, it sounded strange when I heard it, too. Though, ah..." She comes closer and leans in to hold a quieter conversation.

"I didn't want to bring it up in front of her - I'm sure you know how episodes can be after a traumatic event...but she was imprisoned. Deep underground. I don't know whether it was fanatics, or slavers, or something else, but they...well, they played with her mind. Her only friends down there were herself, a magic cell, and some lava pools. She has a history with my friend, so we freed her and now we're offering her a home. If that isn't allowed, please tell me now so we can make arrangements." It might be less convincing if she wasn't technically telling the truth, too.

--

Zaros

"Mm, but words are free. Belief is more important. And I expect nopony to believe simply because I say so." Is that the barest hint of a smile? Naahhh.

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Barbarian in the Playground

Southern gate
    The armored colt just tried helping Silent up a bit, but then after that just went behind some wall.

Most likely nopony would notice, but the armored colt's just sitting on his haunches, somewhat dejected
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-11-08 at 10:45 PM.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Titan in the Playground

Advanced Vampony Fracas

[Sandy/Staccata]

And so that earth pony died. Moving on. The rabid Sandy, a frightening halfling beast attacks a burning unicorn. The unicorn stumbles backwards and twists, falling on his stomach with a shallow wound where Sandy's horn struck. The bloody flaming mess of a unicorn is literally trying to crawl away having had seen a real monster to strike fear. He soon finds himself with a buck to the head and death coming behind him.

From above the hamster ball of doom appears out of nowhere aimed for Sandy and Staccata.
    The unicorn would not have long to fear. Sandy drove the stake through his middle so hard, the sand-hardened tip cracked the rock beneath him.

His hyper-alert senses told him of the hamster ball long before he looked up. A derenged grin stretched across his face, twisted by the shattered angle of his broken jaw. Was that all? Just a little, tiny layer of magic between him and two of the enemy?

The unicorn stood ready and tensed his legs, summoning up a thick layer of sandy grit around each hoof. His blades took point above him, flanked by two stakes on either side. His horn bled magic, all restraint swept away in his battle-lust, and the weapons spun into a blur. The sand on his hooves flashed with magic at the same moment his spring-loaded muscles all fired, sending him screaming into the air. Behind his makeshift drill, the mad unicorn clutched his last stake between his bared teeth, foreleg outstretched like the insane Superpony he was.

[tldr: Sandy is the drill that will pierce the hamster ball. That, or get wrecked like a chump. Both might happen!]

(Note: I'm perfectly okay with Sandy losing/merely breaking even on this exchange, it's just...I''ve been picturing the guy's on PCP or something. He's going to ram that thing. )
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Troll in the Playground

Advanced Vampony Fracas

[Daniel]

"Its complicated, the relationship between my mistress and the other's master. Details, I cannot understand. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I am being mind controlled after all." He did a twist, the sword held in his mouth, though it did not hamper his speaking, and smacked the arrow, splitting it. "I do not know how to explain this feeling that I have free will but at the same time know I must fight you to the death, maybe its not free will, maybe its an illusion, I don't know. And if your group are not firing to kill, then they are failing." And cue a choking scream from Sandy's new victim.

[Sandy and Staccata]

And the unicorn died, his ichor staining the ground, Sandy. Staccata made her tactical retreat while Sandy with victories under his sandy belt felt he could take on the murder hamster ball.

"Sh**...bastard killed Provolone....he owed me a pizza," Bonita dead panned and brought more wind to her thrust. "Harden the shield, we're squashing this Ranbo wannabe!"

"Aye babe!" Clod grunted and shot out another spark of his horn adding an extra layer. It came down and did not break, make of that what you will.

[Silverpine/Gearstride]

The pegasus mare seemed to mock Silverpine and move just out of his reach and flapped her wings to hit him with a gust of wind. Meanwhile, Gearstride, grunted in pain and blood loss and crawled to pick up her knife. It may not have been a bomb, but she still did know how to aim. With a flick of her neck and remnants of her strength, she flicked the knife towards the jeering pegasus and stuck her in the wing.

The pegasus grunted and dipped too long trying to shake it off, leaving her low enough for Silverpine to reach.

[Rainbow]

The mare was not blind, these were lenless glasses afterall. She simply power hopped over to the side. "Grim Reaper? Is that a band? Ooh...that's a great name for a band. Not sure about a manestylist name though. Maybe a motorcycle gang name!" She was likely gearing to be an annoyance.

[Miss M]

And so she and the two pegasi began to fight what seemed to be the equivalent to dog fighting, it leaned more toward the bestial visceral side. A whole leg even flew over landing near Rainbow, thankfully it wasn't a red one.
    ===============================

Ember and Lochbed

Ember looked at the kelpie for a moment an puckered his lips in thought. ".....yea...I want you to come."
    ===============================

Southern Gate

Silent hurt all over and tried to survey what was going on exactly right now and seeing who was fighting who.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-11-09 at 01:07 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Ogre in the Playground

Daniel

"Here's a rule of tip - if you want to do something but feel like you should do something else, odds are either you're being mind controlled or are a conformist. Which is really the same thing." Because bards can't be lawful. "Also, 'complicated' doesn't work as a great excuse when you're trying to explain away, oh...mindrape and mass-murder. I'm just saying."

He's either decided to not be a moron or is enjoying the conversation too much, because he nocks two more arrows but fires neither. Yet.

([Normal Arrows Left: 2 (nocked) 9 (immediate)]
    [Fire Arrows Left: 1 (immediate)])