New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The aberration: fighter sub-class PEACH

Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    Why unarmored defense can either add con and or add dex is so that both a strength fighter or dex fighter would both want go unarmored. And keep in mind that they can match AC of a full plate fighter yes, but not until level 6 at max and even then they have to invest at least two ability score improvements (assuming that they start out with 16 con or dex) to get 18 base AC. Lizardfolk and draconic sorcerers both get a similar benefit (AC=13+dex) without having to get disadvantage on stealth though, so I doubt that it would be that big of a concern, especially considering that they get it at level 1. I suppose the gold cost could be of some concern, but it seems like a rather miniscual problem.

If other people bring it up or you can prove it that it is unbalanced than I will look into changing it, but for now I will keep it. Let us see what the play-testing will reveal in the future though, i plan on doing that fairly soon. Whenever exactly a week has gone by and there was no arguement put up against me that I could not counter (I wish I could find a better word) , then I would go into play-testing. So far the planned date is the 12th, since that is 7 days away from when I agreed to give the Aberrations natural weapons after an incessant arguement witrh GalacticAxeKick.
    That's fair, and in truth my pointing out was that I got a feeling of worry about it, it is most likely just fine

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    So Galactic, you have not posted in about 24 hours so I was wondering, did I address all of your issues and you have nothing left to argue about or do you still have a problem with the class that you would like me to fix? JNA already gave me the okay but I have not yet heard one from you (or Avigor) yet.
    We still disagree in some fundamental ways (Fighter vs Sorcerer subclass, cursing equipped weapons vs having innate powers) but I have nothing new to say on those matters. I can agree to disagree.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by GalacticAxekick View Post
    We still disagree in some fundamental ways (Fighter vs Sorcerer subclass, cursing equipped weapons vs having innate powers) but I have nothing new to say on those matters. I can agree to disagree.
    I did create an alternate feature to Awakend mind which allows you to gain natural weapons if you would like to look at that. But, yes, we did have some clearly different views on certain subjects. I hope that I did not seem too stubborn or unreasonable though, I really was considering and looking into your ideas. Although, my comprehension of those ideas could have been better. I really did think that your intense opposition made me think on a deeper level as to why I made the decisions that I did. In a way, I fe as if the debating caused the class to become more solidly built, which is exactly what I was going for in a PEACH thread.
    -
    I have designed a Gothic Horror TTRPG built for actual play performances. If you want to play some sessions using it or talk theory, read more about it here!

My D&D 5e Homebrew Content

The Necronomicon. An >30 Page Cthulhu Mythos Supplement

Faerie Vampyre Monsters. Won 1st place in the GitP Monster Design Contest: Shapeshifters.

Check here for my extended homebrew signature!

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Exclamation Re: The aberration: fighter sub-class PEACH (and play testing)

The play-testing for the Aberration has been completed and the final verdict shows that it is indeed balanced and ready to be used in campaigns. For those of you who are interested in the process that I went through, go the second link in the original post opens up a google document where I recorded all my findings. I will now consider the aberration in its final draft and it is completely finished and hashed out. Now that it has been completed, suggestions about changing it will be considered but are unlikely to happen. Thank you to everyone who has participated in the creation of this sub-class! It would have been extremely hard to build this on my own, and your help has allowed it to turn into a well-balanced and thematic archetype. I hope that Those of you that have shown an interest in this sub-class enjoy playing as or seeing someone play as an aberration. Several changes have been made since the original draft so make sure to check in on it if you have not visited it in a while. Good luck and thank you all for showing an interest in my homebrewed creations.

Edit: also, anyone who has a good idea of a picture to use to represent the aberration please speak up. I can’t seem to find a suitable one yet and I think it improves the perception of them if a picture is put in. It is not necessary, but it is still a useful addition.
    Last edited by Requilac; 2017-11-19 at 03:41 PM.
    -
    I have designed a Gothic Horror TTRPG built for actual play performances. If you want to play some sessions using it or talk theory, read more about it here!

My D&D 5e Homebrew Content

The Necronomicon. An >30 Page Cthulhu Mythos Supplement

Faerie Vampyre Monsters. Won 1st place in the GitP Monster Design Contest: Shapeshifters.

Check here for my extended homebrew signature!