New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXIX: The Spoilers have been DOUBLED!

Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    I'm also a loner. The pony thing has a nice group (herd lolz?) mentality tag with it that is interesting but I've always been distant from other people. I just can't connect with others on the level required to be a "brony". It's interesting to peer in on your thoughts and workings but I can't directly connect with anyone. Oh well.
    That's what I defined myself as about two years ago. And it was incorrect. What's happening is you're defining yourself, and thereby limiting yourself. "I don't have friends therefore I am a loner" becomes "I am a loner, therefore I don't need friends" so easily. And from there, the fact that you are "A loner" starts defining you, and shaping you, and changing you and making you something that you are not. You put on a mask, and the mask is wearing you.

I'm absolutely certain that you can connect to others. You're a human being; of course you can. Saying that you can't makes it so.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Sort of! Not directly, you understand, but science involves the occasional reign of terror, which means that I've got to at least sound the part." Tinker said, scrunching up her notepaper and throwing it over her shoulder. "I've been working with a vocal coach. Anyway, all the big obvious ideas are crossed off the list. No golemism, no haunting, no supercomputer, no possession, maybe vampirism -" Charger rolled her eyes "- and you don't seem like much of a werewolf to me. I'm getting close to the guessing stage."
    Clockwork:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Yeah, I know that phase pretty well..." The pony hung his head a bit. "Still, maybe I'm kind of a computer? One that can think, but that doesn't have to be strictly logical all the time...? Oh, I don't know...I feel like I'm grasping at straws here." Sek's mood seemed to darken for a moment after he spoke, and in the growing silence he began to idly fidget with the Rubuck's cube, twisting it out of alignment and then restoring the pattern.

Suddenly, the mechanical pony's head jerked upward and a new light seemed to lurk behind his eyes. "Wait! Maybe we've been doing things the wrong way... Quick, Tinker, if you were going to build a pony like me, how would you start?"

Could just be those paths reflect you real life personality. I, for example, an am Obrimos in virtually everything I do. And moreover, I've done sustained Jayden RP, and she believes that all other Paths are stupid wastes of time for people who don't have the guts to learn 'real magic' (read: Forces), and for the losers who went to Hell or wherever instead of Heaven. I only haltingly understand the Thyrsus philosophy, and I find the Arcanthus almost offensively incomprehensible. BUT, in my tabletop, our group's Arcanthus regularly floors me by transforming acts of seeming idiocy into acts of inspired genius.
    Yeah, I'm definitely an Obrimos IRL. Almost as clearly as Tarin, although I'm not a Seer of the Throne. I did however come up with a concept for an Acanthus, although there was probably a bit of Obrimos mixed in. Her unofficial motto was "Make your own luck" and I had toyed around with an Awakening sequence for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Neoseanster View Post
    Also, huzzah, Inkblot ponytar.
    Ponytar is looking good! Bravo!
    Last edited by the_druid_droid; 2011-10-23 at 10:39 PM.
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

3. - Top - End - #483
    Banned

Tried searching, but Thanqol keeps making more posts while I delve. It complicates things.

You said purple cover not turquoise?
    Or turquoise cover not purple?

Good gracious, you'd think I'd be able to get a maddening mishmash of all my experiences for the last 3 months straightened out into a coherent whole by now

4. - Top - End - #484
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Tried searching, but Thanqol keeps making more posts while I delve. It complicates things.

Good gracious, you'd think I'd be able to get a maddening mishmash of all my experiences for the last 3 months straightened out into a coherent whole by now
    It's turquoise. I for one am interested to see you as a Mage...you'll have to relay your findings to me.

EDIT: Also, I blame Thanqol for getting me into this Mage talk! He makes it so alluring.
    Last edited by the_druid_droid; 2011-10-23 at 10:42 PM.

DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #485
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by byaku rai View Post
    Or perhaps they're stealth bronies, and you revealing that you're one too could bring them out.

Or maybe they're not, and you can convert them. They might make fun of you at first, but if they try it and like it, you'll have brony friends.
    It's pretty easy to flush out stealth bronies if you interact with them regularly. Just mention that something is 20% cooler or happens in 10 seconds flat and watch their reaction.

You could probably use "this is the WORST. POSSIBLE. THING!" pretty easily too. Non-bronies probably wouldn't catch any of those but anyone familiar with the show and community absolutely would.

But there are only ever two Sith.

OH GOD THE APPRENTICE MAKES SO MUCH MORE SENSE NOW
    Personal canon, from this moment forward. Also still chuckling

I'm also a loner. The pony thing has a nice group (herd lolz?) mentality tag with it that is interesting but I've always been distant from other people. I just can't connect with others on the level required to be a "brony". It's interesting to peer in on your thoughts and workings but I can't directly connect with anyone. Oh well.
    Hate to break it to you, but you are in fact doing what you insist you can't do with every post in this thread. All a brony means is that you like the show. Post when the mood strikes you, say what you want to say, and you'll be a regular in no time.

There's no magical point where you're suddenly initiated into this thread and achieve some kind of special "contributer" status
    Last edited by Eakin; 2011-10-23 at 10:52 PM.
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

6. - Top - End - #486
    Orc in the Playground

Do you like the show? You're a brony. That's all.

You don't have to have a pony avatar, or a certain amount of pony pics, or a pony wallpaper, you don't even tell anyone that you like the show.

There's no 'minimum qualifications' or a bar that says you must be this crazy about ponies to be a part of things.

You don't have to RP, you don't have to discuss new episodes, you don't have to have a favorite fanfic. You don't have to think of FiM as your favorite show. You don't even have to like every episode.
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

PonyFort: IC and OOC threads.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Neoseanster View Post
    BWA HA HA, ditto.

Also, huzzah, Inkblot ponytar.
    Oooh, nice 'do!
    I like. Very "something blew up in the distance and my hair was affected in the best possible way".

Hokkaido Highway Blues, man. Possibly my favourite non-fiction book ever. And, but lesser, Roads to Sato, by Alan Booth. Alternately, any of the other things I mentioned in the Influences post. Culture's a complex enough thing that I wouldn't presume to communicate it in anything less than an entire novel.

Alternately, feel free to play a foreigner living in Japan.
    I keep meaning to get that, actually. I love the premise, even without it's use. But

Psh, listen to me making excuses.
    I'll probably ask in person before you read this, but HEY BRAZ! how's our discretionary fund? I've got 61 hours this week, and did payroll around 3 so check should be in Tuesday.

Why wait? Life is mine for the taking.

-

Hm. Play a foreigner? Make my utter lack of understanding a plot point? Hmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    It's turquoise. I for one am interested to see you as a Mage...you'll have to relay your findings to me.

EDIT: Also, I blame Thanqol for getting me into this Mage talk! He makes it so alluring.
    Hm. That... May explain some things. I can't recall if the book is purple cover, or if I recall a purple inside cover section. It loads SOOOOO slowly... I've left it be for longer than is healthy >>;

EDIT: aarhgogjs purple cover why do you mock me!?!?

I even referenced Thanqol's post, too. I somehow, having memorized the correct title, used a screencap of the words containing the title and the color coded cover, managed to get the wrong one.

I refuse to let this happen. I am Irish. I'm a wizard. I do not have bad luck! I refute you, reality! REFUTE!
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2011-10-23 at 11:01 PM.

8. - Top - End - #488

Clockwork:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Yeah, I know that phase pretty well..." The pony hung his head a bit. "Still, maybe I'm kind of a computer? One that can think, but that doesn't have to be strictly logical all the time...? Oh, I don't know...I feel like I'm grasping at straws here." Sek's mood seemed to darken for a moment after he spoke, and in the growing silence he began to idly fidget with the Rubuck's cube, twisting it out of alignment and then restoring the pattern.

Suddenly, the mechanical pony's head jerked upward and a new light seemed to lurk behind his eyes. "Wait! Maybe we've been doing things the wrong way... Quick, Tinker, if you were going to build a pony like me, how would you start?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Now there's a thought!" Tinker said, brightening. "Second, fetch me my tools! Charger, get the pegasus ponies to schedule a lightning storm! Tonight we are going to create life!"

Yeah, I'm definitely an Obrimos IRL. Almost as clearly as Tarin, although I'm not a Seer of the Throne. I did however come up with a concept for an Acanthus, although there was probably a bit of Obrimos mixed in. Her unofficial motto was "Make your own luck" and I had toyed around with an Awakening sequence for her.
    I've designed two Arcanthus I understand. One was a Banisher who just believed that Fate magic was all part of God's plan. He was almost an extension of it, just casting Fate spells and letting them tell him what to do, not trying to assert his will to change it in any way. The other I'll get into detail about later.

As an aside, I believe the Lotto is a Seer plot. Newbie Arcanthus will instantly use Fate magic to try and win it, which basically points the Seers' guns at their heads. Actual Sleeper lotto winners are mindwashed and processed (think about it - have you ever seen anyone after they've won the lotto?)

OLD mage is Purple.
    NEW mage is turquoise. You want the new one, the shiny green one.

Glee! The best blame! The best blame for the best game!

9. - Top - End - #489

Quote Originally Posted by Beeskee View Post

You don't have to have a pony avatar, or a certain amount of pony pics, or a pony wallpaper, you don't even tell anyone that you like the show.

There's no 'minimum qualifications' or a bar that says you must be this crazy about ponies to be a part of things.

You don't have to RP, you don't have to discuss new episodes, you don't have to have a favorite fanfic. You don't have to think of FiM as your favorite show. You don't even have to like every episode.
    Absolutely! I've never told anyone I like this show IRL, prefer Dexter or Community to ponies if I had to pick an absolute FAVORITE TV show. And "Feeling Pinkie Keen" still ticks me off every time I watch it (Damn it Twilight that's NOT HOW SCIENCE WORKS!).
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Titan in the Playground

So am I really. I have a lot of problems with interacting with other people I know let alone strangers.

As for the pony creator, Hah I say! My likely to never be written OC has a
    In Luna's name just write my story already!
    distinct appearance that I can't duplicate in Pony Creator, though that is a good

starting point. But my laziness trumps all!
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    And then you give in and use the convenient and very user friendly Pony Creator.
    Dammit!

EDIT: Me and my stupid creative complex.

Doesn't mean I have to make use of this thing :P!
    Last edited by gooddragon1; 2011-10-23 at 10:57 PM.
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Firbolg in the Playground

It appears South Park is doing a pony episode.
    Which would be a good 'laugh at yourself' moment, like the Warcraft one...

If that show were still any good.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

13. - Top - End - #493
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Athaniar View Post
    It sounds interesting. Is it a sequel to something, by the way? Also, I could see this storyline presenting an opportunity to use Chargermane in RP eventually...
    Whoops, I had to rush out earlier, so I forgot to include a bit of information for some of the newer ponies here. Yes, it is a continuation of some RP that happened several threads ago now. Basically what happened was that Blueblood was assaulted and insulted, then cursed, and then spent an unknown amount of time being tortured by the Commodore (The other two parts were from two other ponies). He finally was returned to a less-than-supportive Celestia, who shared the sentiment that Blueblood had earned such punishment.

This takes place some time after that, so Blueblood has had some time to heal, and think on what happened. I'd be lying if I said that part of his motivation here wasn't a desire for revenge, but who knows, maybe he can actually change.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    o/////////////////////o

I... wow. I read this, stopped, flushed a little as my brain processed it, and read it again. This has to be one of the absolutely nicest things anypony has said to me in years, if not ever.

And don't say you're useless. Don't you even think that. You are an awesome pony, and I really wish we could have hung out more while we were in New York. You need to come to BroNYcon in January, and I need to give you a hug as thanks. You're seriously amazing.

(Hehe. I didn't think that little RP would evoke jealousy in anypony. )
    Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    You both are awesome ponies, and we're better off having you both around. You both have wonderful qualities and are both intensely creative and positive ponies. Don't either of you think any differently. And if either of you think differently, I'll start having to bring out the drastic measures!

(Also, if you think you both are blushing right now, think of how I feel! )
    Oh, geez, now I'm blushing too. No, wait, creative?! You can't be talking about me! Okay, I'm just kidding. (63.7% cuter than the smalltongue emote (roughly speaking)) Also, BroNYcon in January! I must go! And this time I'll wear my Shadowbolts shirt!

-

Lix! I don't recall seeing any updates for that Elements of Discord thingy you were doing. I'm gonna stare at you now, until I see an update!

Staring at you like this:

-

One more thing. If anypony has been following any of the various weather magic blurbs that I've been posting, please please please tell me what you think! Even if Especially if it's just to tell me how terrible it all is. This goes double for you, ScionoftheVoid, because I feel like I'm stealing your thunder when your character also has the weather unicorn thing. (Speaking of which, I don't recall seeing ScionoftheVoid around lately.)
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

14. - Top - End - #494
    Ogre in the Playground

I am now Rarity.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

15. - Top - End - #495

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post

Yes! Legitimised!

16. - Top - End - #496

A mule made of marshmallow? Preposterous.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

17. - Top - End - #497
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    "Now there's a thought!" Tinker said, brightening. "Second, fetch me my tools! Charger, get the pegasus ponies to schedule a lightning storm! Tonight we are going to create life!"
    Clockwork:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A bit shocked by Tinker's mood swing, Second Hand turned to Charger with a question written on his face. "I started something, didn't I?"

As an aside, I believe the Lotto is a Seer plot. Newbie Arcanthus will instantly use Fate magic to try and win it, which basically points the Seers' guns at their heads. Actual Sleeper lotto winners are mindwashed and processed (think about it - have you ever seen anyone after they've won the lotto?)
    I'm trying so hard to disbelieve this right now... You are seriously too good at the paranoia stuff.

Glee! The best blame! The best blame for the best game!
    Now I just wish I knew how to convert some of my friends...*le sigh*

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #498
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    Absolutely! I've never told anyone I like this show IRL, prefer Dexter or Community to ponies if I had to pick an absolute FAVORITE TV show. And "Feeling Pinkie Keen" still ticks me off every time I watch it (Damn it Twilight that's NOT HOW SCIENCE WORKS!).
    As the fanbase broadens, that definition will broaden too. Eventually there will people in it just for the RP, or the stories, or some other aspect. So technically you don't even have to like the show to consider yourself a brony. And if you don't want to think of yourself as a brony, you don't have to, either. It's an entirely voluntary label.

I've told a few people over chats about the show, and a few people RL in a roundabout way. But you don't have to tell people, either.

Edit: And that episode bugs me too. Probably one of my least favorite overall.

Dammit!
    Spoiler
    Show

EDIT: Me and my stupid creative complex.

Doesn't mean I have to make use of this thing :P!
    Aww, that's adorable. .. Tho maybe not the reaction you were thinking of. But definitely 'adorable' to me.

Edit:

They have so many episodes out that it's definitely 'hit or miss' - losing Chef didn't help, and the amount of stuff they've already done probably makes it very difficult to make new episodes. I can only imagine how many episodes they've scrapped because it was too much like a prior episode. Or the whole "Simpsons did it" thing, which they ended up making an episode about. The original South Park started out as a very edgy, "zomg" sort of thing, but as time moved on they got out-edged by other shows, so there's probably the loss of that feeling too. There's still some episodes I enjoy, and some I don't, and some which I just feel 'meh' about. I think any long-running TV show runs into those kind of problems.

That said, I'm looking forward to their MLP episode. I imagine it will be something like their Mormon episode or WoW episode. Heh, see what I mean?
    Last edited by Beeskee; 2011-10-23 at 11:14 PM.
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

PonyFort: IC and OOC threads.

19. - Top - End - #499
    Titan in the Playground

Hey Thanqol, is there some reason I never see you on MSN anymore?

20. - Top - End - #500
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    So, what's everypony's favorite line/s from Episode four? Or favorite costume? Remember to spoiler things.
    [SPOILER]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Favourite Line has to be:

"Nightmare Night is one of our most popular holidays!"
    "Oh yes, I can tell from all the adoring screams of the children as they run away ..."

Favourite costume ... none really spring to mind ... I'll just go with Spikeception for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Digestive Man View Post
    Why hasn't Braveheart been ponified yet?
    I ... don't know ... somebody should look into this ASAP.

Spoiler
    Show
    "Is the Evil League of Evil a company? I guess that makes sense..." Tinker said, and then shook her head. "Doesn't matter! I ask the questions here! Point is, you just figured out in three minutes what a high tech mystery device does with hardly more than looking at it. Which means... uh, I guess it means you're smart. Like, unnaturally smart. As in, revolutionize-the-field of Mad Science smart. No clues as to what you are yet, though."

Clockwork:
    Spoiler
    Show
    At the compliment, Sek bows his head slightly, and it almost seems that he would blush, if it were possible. "Well, it helps when you have on-board diagnostic equipment. And a lot of free time to play around with mechanical odds and ends..." Glancing back up, something in the pegasus' expression changes. "Actually...would you mind if I kept it? I might be able to put it to good use. I have a couple of ideas already..."

Spoiler
    Show
    "Keep it? Well, I suppose that's 8 years off my prison sentence if that's gone from my lab. Go ahead!" Tinker said brightly. "So by this point I'm thinking you're a supercomputer. Which means," and with the same attitude as her former exorcism attempt, Tinker shouted at the top of her lungs, "THIS - STATEMENT - IS - FALSE!"

Clockwork:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sek cringed slightly as Tinker shouted in his direction. "Uh, did you take voice lessons from the Princess, by any chance, Tinker? And anyway, I don't think my logic is quite that good...I'm much better at working with my hooves."
    Oh Celestia, so much Clockwork to catch up on. That and this thread is CRACKING along ... If i don't post soon I'll be another page behind!

By the by, I love how Tinker can mention things like potential jail time while there's a royal guard in the room.

Clockwork:

EDIT: HOLY GUACAMOLE 2 pages while I was typing up this response, TWO PAGES ... give me a minute to catch up
    Last edited by BlasTech; 2011-10-23 at 11:05 PM.

21. - Top - End - #501
    Troll in the Playground

Aww, that's adorable. .. Tho maybe not the reaction you were thinking of. But definitely 'adorable' to me.
    Reasoning...

Spoiler
    Show
    ++=
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

22. - Top - End - #502

Clockwork:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A bit shocked by Tinker's mood swing, Second Hand turned to Charger with a question written on his face. "I started something, didn't I?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    "One fails to see how you thought asking a mad scientist to create life would end in any other way." Charger said flatly.

I'm trying so hard to disbelieve this right now... You are seriously too good at the paranoia stuff.
    On that topic, I was thinking about what to do with Africa, geopolitically in the Perfect Arrow. I realised that I knew nothing about Africa, except for a random collection of documentaries so fragmented that it'd be outright hubristic to claim any knowledge at all. My solution was to roll with it:

Spoiler
    Show
    And Africa, well. Have you ever been to Africa? Do you know anyone who’s ever been to Africa? Have you ever heard any news out of Africa which wasn’t about violence, famine, disease and death? Do you have any reason to possibly visit Africa? You don’t. Nobody does. Which begs the question – does Africa actually exist? And what’s in that space if it doesn’t? And why are they trying so hard to keep us away?

Now I just wish I knew how to convert some of my friends...*le sigh*
    Mage, as much as I love it, would not be a game I'd be comfortable with running without some actual play experience of what Mages could do and/or with how a good game was structured; I've been blessed in playing in a tabletop run by the best GM ever.

As far as tips for converting people to it, Mage doesn't have the same easy sales pitches as, say, Exalted ("You start as a demigod beating up gods and you go up from there"). The only time I've tried to formally make a conversion pitch to Mage, it looked like this:

Spoiler
    Show
    "Back in THE DAY things WERE GREAT until some guy ****ED UP and now THINGS SUCK."

- Billboard, Free Council Obrimos

"Back in the time before times the Heavens and the Earth were One. Magic was as natural as Spring, and the gods would walk alongside mortals. Souls would fly freely up to Heaven to observe Earth for a time, and choose to be reborn the moment the fancy struck them. And amongst those souls, many brought down fragments of the Supernal with them. These were the Mages.

"They were drawn together to build a great city, the first and greatest city. And it was known as Atlantis. And from there the Mages began to study enlightened Human Will and enforce Human designs upon the world. They called down the Supernal Truth from Heaven and rewrote the old laws. The power of gods and demons began to weaken and Humanity Ascendant stood victorious over Earth.

"And there it should have ended, but for the hubris of Awakened Man..."

- Kajaili, Mysterium Thyrsius

"Don't listen to any of the bull****. Atlantis - pah, the city was called Babel. What other place was there where all the languages of the world would come together and blend into one? Where the Wise would build a tower to the Sky - and more than that, Atlantis just sounds ****ing silly, innit?

Anyway. Babel. Bunch of ****in' brilliant wizards get together and decide, 'hey, calling the Supernal down to Earth is pretty great, right? Why don't we go up to the Supernal and pretty much hang out at the source?'. And they do it, right? They build this Silver Ladder - listen to me, I sound like a right tosser, but you can't say the words Silver Ladder without capitalisin' it. It's just the way it is. Anyway, build a Silver Ladder all the way up to heaven.

"And that's the good part, right? Humanity was about to storm up there and murder Zeus and whoever-the-**** else and take his chair. Everythin' was lookin' pretty ****in' sweet, let me tell you."

- Krossier, Silver Ladder Arcanthus

"Ten and One Mages Ascended the Ladder. And the Ten turned on the One and struck a blow on the half-ascended, tearing the One asunder, shattering the ladder, and cutting the World in half. The Supernal, the Heavens, the Realms of Truth were forever cut off from Earth. The Mages who had ascended became the Exarchs, the Tyrants who rule all reality from thrones with titles like DEATH, TIME, and FATE.

The Exarchs were afraid others would follow them and challenge their rule of Heaven, so they created the Abyss from the body of the One and placed it between the Supernal and Earth. No longer would souls be able to cross and refresh themselves in the Heavens upon death. And any magic that was called down from Above to Earth had to pass through the Abyss on it's way there. And everything the Abyss touched it destroyed, utterly.

The use of Magic in this world, this Fallen World, is the most dangerous thing imaginable for it brings with it the End of All Things."

- J, Guardian of the Veil Mastigos.

"Good news and bad news. The good news is that five other Mages got up to the Supernal however-the-**** and built these Watchtowers that call to human souls, and lets the occasional lucky bastard Awaken as a Mage. The bad news is that some Mages decide that fighting the guys who essentially built the entire ****ing world in a suicide war is a dumb idea. Those cowardly *******s go and suck up to the Exarchs and hope that maybe if they're precious little pawns they'll maybe get a decent afterlife. We call 'em Seers when we're not setting 'em on fire. We decent, honourable courageous sorts are Pentacle members.

"All of human history has Mages everywhere, but it's nowhere near an organised thing. Seers and Pentacle have fought on both sides of every major war in the past 500 years or so. The Free Council helped the Russian Revolution, but so did the Seers of the Throne for entirely different reasons and probably while viciously fighting the Free Council every step of the way.

"Really, I wouldn't call it a war so much as I'd call it a cluster**** of enormous throbbing Mage egos. So it has been, so it shall always be. Now let's get a drink and I'll show you how to throw a lightning bolt."

- Sgt. Ryner, Adamantine Arrow Moros.

The World is a Lie.

It is made to cage humanity, keep the Exarchs Above safe from the mass of Humanity below.

The World is a Prison, designed to oppress every soul to the point where none Awaken and the Exarchs are unchallenged and supreme forever.

There is a riot in the prison.

And the Mages are the ones who set the fire.

To Awaken as a Mage is to one day, for whatever reason, be called by a Watchtower to visit the Supernal. This process is, as far as anyone can determine, completely random. Occasionally a superhuman paragon is Called, sometimes a cowardly, drivelling bureaucrat. The one thing, the only thing, Awakening has in common is that it involves a shock. Maybe a car accident, maybe a drug overdose, maybe turning your headphones up a little too loud by accident. Something happens. And it changes everything.

The soul crosses the Abyss and arrives in the Supernal, in one of five cosmic realms - the Aether, Pandemonium, Arcadia, Stygia or the Primal Wild. They're also respectively known as Heaven, Hell, Fairyland, the Underworld and the Great Forest. The experience is incomparable; one way or another it changes the visitor. And then they do something to write their name there, or make some mark of their passage, and then they're thrown unceremoniously back into their mortal bodies with a whole lot of questions and absolutely no answers.

But the connection lingers. The name written in the Supernal provides a connection there, and the Mage can call some part of that realm down to the Fallen World. A Mage who visited the Aether may be able to call down Heaven-Fire, or one who went to Hell understands how to bend and shatter minds. Like it or not, they are a Mage.

Last edited by Thanqol; 2011-10-23 at 11:14 PM.

23. - Top - End - #503
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

i sooooo called that a couple or 3 threads ago
    but where did you see this info? promo on comedy central?
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2011-10-23 at 11:15 PM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

24. - Top - End - #504
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    "Sort of! Not directly, you understand, but science involves the occasional reign of terror, which means that I've got to at least sound the part." Tinker said, scrunching up her notepaper and throwing it over her shoulder. "I've been working with a vocal coach. Anyway, all the big obvious ideas are crossed off the list. No golemism, no haunting, no supercomputer, no possession, maybe vampirism -" Charger rolled her eyes "- and you don't seem like much of a werewolf to me. I'm getting close to the guessing stage."

Clockwork:
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Clockwork:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Clockwork:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Munching happily on his popcorn, and sporting a fashionable new pair of blast goggles, Igneous sat on his haunches and enjoyed the show. He leaned over to provide his thoughts on the matter to Charger.

"Evil League of Evil eh? I think I heard of them. They make custom plushies out of Trottingham if I remember right." He commented, as Tinker completed her next test. "Then again, I haven't placed an order there for some time, so they might have changed their business model by now for all I know."

Like Sek, he had to shield his ears to protect them from Tinker's next bellowed words. Fortunately, he noticed her intake of breath early enough to set his popcorn down and stuff his hooves into the side of his head before they hit. Once the wind and dust subsided, he promptly resumed eating popcorn without missing a beat.

In fact, he didn't stop enjoying the delicious salt and butter flavoured condiments until Tinker joyfully stated her ambition to disrupt the natural order of life.

For it was about then that Igneous realised he was beginning to feel thirsty.

Fortunately, in the infintesimally small gap of time where nopony was observing him, he substituted his bag of popcorn with a jumbo size smoothie, complete with squiggle straw.

"Mmmm, chocolate. Do you want some?" he asked Charger.

Agreed, don't feel like you have to do any of the above to participate That said, the crazy part sure helps ... MWAHAHAHAHAHA.
    Last edited by BlasTech; 2011-10-23 at 11:24 PM.

25. - Top - End - #505
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post
    Whoops, I had to rush out earlier, so I forgot to include a bit of information for some of the newer ponies here. Yes, it is a continuation of some RP that happened several threads ago now. Basically what happened was that Blueblood was assaulted and insulted, then cursed, and then spent an unknown amount of time being tortured by the Commodore (The other two parts were from two other ponies). He finally was returned to a less-than-supportive Celestia, who shared the sentiment that Blueblood had earned such punishment.

This takes place some time after that, so Blueblood has had some time to heal, and think on what happened. I'd be lying if I said that part of his motivation here wasn't a desire for revenge, but who knows, maybe he can actually change.

Oh, geez, now I'm blushing too. No, wait, creative?! You can't be talking about me! Okay, I'm just kidding. (63.7% cuter than the smalltongue emote (roughly speaking)) Also, BroNYcon in January! I must go! And this time I'll wear my Shadowbolts shirt!

-

Lix! I don't recall seeing any updates for that Elements of Discord thingy you were doing. I'm gonna stare at you now, until I see an update!

Staring at you like this:

-

One more thing. If anypony has been following any of the various weather magic blurbs that I've been posting, please please please tell me what you think! Even if Especially if it's just to tell me how terrible it all is. This goes double for you, ScionoftheVoid, because I feel like I'm stealing your thunder when your character also has the weather unicorn thing. (Speaking of which, I don't recall seeing ScionoftheVoid around lately.)
    ScionoftheVoid, Kyouhen and RebelHero all stopped posting at roughly the same time span. Prior to this, there were two thread regulars who said, functionally, they were going on holiday and would be unavailable. I think one was about a week, other was three weeks.

RebelHero returned, and much rejoicing was had! Though I still need to collate my thoughts on his story and get Back to him.

Kyouhen and ScionoftheVoid were both targeted for tactical messaging to ascertain their whereabouts, but I got distracted and why am I typing this instead of messaging? Back in a spell, mates.

26. - Top - End - #506

My favorite E4 line that haven't seen any love for yet:

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm going to do what I do best! LECTURE HER!

But yeah 90% of Luna's lines are gold

27. - Top - End - #507
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    "One fails to see how you thought asking a mad scientist to create life would end in any other way." Charger said flatly.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Clockwork:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Munching happily on his popcorn, and sporting a fashionable new pair of blast goggles, Igneous sat on his haunches and enjoyed the show. He leaned over to provide his thoughts on the matter to Charger.

"Evil League of Evil eh? I think I heard of them. They make custom plushies out of Trottingham if I remember right." He commented, as Tinker completed her next test. "Then again, I haven't placed an order there for some time, so they might have changed their business model by now for all I know."

Like Sek, he had to shield his ears to protect them from Tinker's next bellowed words. Fortunately, he noticed her intake of breath early enough to set his popcorn down and stuff his hooves into the side of his head before they hit. Once the wind and dust subsided, he promptly resumed eating popcorn without missing a beat.

In fact, he didn't stop enjoying the delicious salt and butter flavoured condiments until Tinker joyfully stated her ambition to disrupt the natural order of life.

For it was about then that Igneous realised he was beginning to feel thirsty.

Fortunately, in the infintesimally small gap of time where nopony was observing him, he substituted his bag of popcorn with a jumbo size smoothie, complete with squiggle straw.

"Mmmm, chocolate. Do you want some?" he asked Charger.

Clockwork:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Well, I didn't realize she was a mad scientist. She was just a friend of my Dad's..." Suddenly, the scent of popcorn wafted over to make Sek's nose twitch.

Turning, he gave Iggy and indecipherable look. "W-where did you get popcorn?!"

On that topic, I was thinking about what to do with Africa, geopolitically in the Perfect Arrow. I realised that I knew nothing about Africa, except for a random collection of documentaries so fragmented that it'd be outright hubristic to claim any knowledge at all. My solution was to roll with it:

Spoiler
    Show
    And Africa, well. Have you ever been to Africa? Do you know anyone who’s ever been to Africa? Have you ever heard any news out of Africa which wasn’t about violence, famine, disease and death? Do you have any reason to possibly visit Africa? You don’t. Nobody does. Which begs the question – does Africa actually exist? And what’s in that space if it doesn’t? And why are they trying so hard to keep us away?
    How do you not go around in a tinfoil hat? I mean that in the best possible way, of course; it's really creative, just creepy at the same time.

Also, have ponies (d'awwww warning, some spoilers):
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #508

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    i sooooo called that a couple or 3 threads ago
    but where did you see this info? promo on comedy central?
    Well someone posted one of those screencaps of previews from a satellite/cable receiver. Then I did research, and it's not the next episode. And comedy central keeps plots of new shows secret until the week they air anyway.

So false alarm.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #509

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, mate, but I've known plenty of people who have either been to Africa, or have lived in Africa. I'm afraid your paranoid ramblings are incorrect.

30. - Top - End - #510
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    My favorite E4 line that haven't seen any love for yet:

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm going to do what I do best! LECTURE HER!

But yeah 90% of Luna's lines are gold
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cue "In the Hall of the Mountain King".
    Last edited by Dirtytabs; 2011-10-24 at 12:22 AM.
    Blargh slaves crystals crystals blargh zimmerwald1915. Internets: 3
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Fedora View Post
    Dirtytabs, Dirtytabs
    Friendly Ponythread Dirtytabs
    To her friends she's a gem
    She makes lovely art for them
    I don't always save pony images, but when I do, they're usually DirtyTabs.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    +100 Exp for Dirtytabs.