Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2035363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1480

Thread: [Nexus] Home 9

1. - Top - End - #1321
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 9

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Talnissa's]

"Well, your place is a lot nicer," Kara admits with a grin. "So...I think here would be good. If you don't mind," she quickly adds.
    [Talnissa's]

Talnissa shakes her head bemusedly, smiling.

"If I minded,why would I have made the offer in the first place?"

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Julie's Place

Most of Mainframebot's chassis is aluminum and silicone. Boo may be able to gnaw a hole in the chassis, but would need more than one bite to get to any of the circuits. Mainframebot continues to swing its arm to the captured ghost and hopefully force it into the trap.
    Julie's Place

His last effort failed, Boo is quickly forced into the trap. He doesn't seem to be particularly bothered by it oddly enough, his toothy smile only growing wider as more of his form is sucked into Mainframebot's hand. Soon it's all that's left of him, just a fierce grin with a tongue lolling out to one side.

Gyehheehehehehehahahaahahahahahahahahaaaaa..."

----

Julie's Apartment Building - Front Stoop

As the ghost capture is taking place, Jules has managed to make his way back home, regaining his lost sanity along the way. He sits heavily on the steps before the front door, gently laying Ericka's body on the ground in front of him. A brief flash of light later and he swaps genders back to Julie.

It will be easier to grieve properly in her natural form.

Oddly enough, she doesn't remember the trip here, or anything past the moment when she failed to stop Magtok from shooting Ericka. She suspects much, but has little idea of the rage and power she set loose in that office.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Mithar Keep]

Sakura's had a bit less reason to doubt Adir than Cessie has for Harnel. That said, Adir's barely encountered Libra at all.

"Oh yes, definitely." Sakura nods. Tis very true. "Just as long as we're there to keep them in line." Sakura giggles. Those men need their women, that's for certain.
    [Mithar Keep]

"I hope Harnel can keep himself in line eventually, right now he just never seems to think his actions through." The mage replies as she stares off into the distance.
    "You should come here with Adir one of these days, perhaps after the honeymoon? I'm sure he would like to see it."

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mithar Keep]

"Definitely." Sakura says enthusiastically. He could've been here now if Sakura didn't specifically get his present while he was busy. It's a secret, shhh. "Hopefully he doesn't get any crazy ideas from your this place, though. I've already got my heart set on the cabin." She wants a small, cozy home. She'd be spending a lot of time outside anyway.

5. - Top - End - #1325

[Mithar Keep]

"Yeah... a cabin is a bit small to me. I don't like being outside too much." At least not when you can be inside. She have spend years wandering the wilderness after all.

"Doubt Adir would try to mimic it however. Did I ever told you I once lived in a cabin? It was with Aegnor a few years back. It wasn't for long though since... you know. I eventually just moved back to Hestopia." It got a bit too lonely.

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    [Sparrow's Fall, World of Eight Moons]

Trium, presumably with Spec, arrives.

Where they arrive is interesting, to say the least. It looks, for the most part, like a normal forest clearing, unless you happen to glance up at the sky - in any part at least six moons can be seen, and there is a gas giant, spectacularly banded, to the left and right.

As well, due to an odd, though harmless, quirk of the atmosphere, the sky is colorless; it seems, visually, as though they're in space.
    [Sparrow's Fall, World of Eight Moons]

Oooo! Pretty!

Spec does indeed arrive here alongside Trium. Upon finding that she appears to be in space and that her body has not yet ruptured, she smirks. She turns her head to her left then to her right, examining her environment intently behind somewhat perplexed eyes.

She marches over to one of the nearby trees, reaches out, and prods it with her finger forcefully, almost as though she expects for it to snap out of existence as soon as her finger contacts its bark.

"What is your connection to these things?"

Spec inquires of Trium in a soft and smooth tone. She hadn't actually ever seen a real tree before meeting Trium. She's read about them, though. They seem somewhat familiar to her. She just can't quite make the connection between the description she's memorized and the real physical object.

-------
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Clarissa's Sanctuary
    "If it was a demon impersonating you then explain why you love me. Everything that I've done, I've done with that Clarissa. I've done it with the Clarissa that liked to eat people, the Clarissa who brought me to an ancient jungle where we hunted Tyrannosauruses, scared the locals, and where you showed me your temple."
    He sighed as he turned away.
    "You may have her looks, but I don't think that you're Clarissa at all. You're not the half-demon half-angel/Gluttony, Envy, and Lust Incarnate person I'm married to."
    It finally hit him that he missed the old Clarissa. He likes Clarissa for the person she is and enjoys the looks only as a bonus.
    Poor Dave, he's figured out that he's actually in love.
    [Clarissa's Sanctuary]

Angel-Clarissa (Valaira) is flabbergasted! How did Dave know that she was half-demon? Nobody is supposed be privy to the well-hidden secret that is her heritage! Nobody! Clarissa closes her eyes for a moment while she checks something with her advanced senses. She's definitely not putting off any demonic auras or anything. She doesn't smell of fire and charred flesh.

Dave is wise to the truth anyway. Might as well level with him. There's nothing to hide from him anymore.

"Listen, Dave. There are things that you mortals aren't meant to understand. You aren't meant to understand why life is patronizingly kind one day and horribly cruel the next. You aren't meant to understand how the universe functions or how everything was formed. You aren't meant to understand me."

Angel-Clarissa stands up, walks past Dave, and slides another wall-door open. Within this area is a hot tub surrounded by a wooden deck and empty space. More empty space than should fit in this entire house, astoundingly enough. Angel-Clarissa strides over to the hot tub (with jets) and glances at Dave over her right-shoulder expectantly.

"Mister Smith, if you would help me slip my wings out of these slits sliced in this tank top, I'd be much obliged."

Dave should be able to disentangle Angel-Clarissa's wings from the tank top easily enough if he gives it a go. If Dave decides not to try to assist Clarissa, the impudent Angel-Clarissa shall promptly reduce her tank top to shreds in frustration. Either way, she'll begin speaking again unless Dave interjects or interrupts her.

"If I were to ask you where we are, I'd guess you'd offer up something along the lines of heaven as a response. We're in hell. I'm being completely serious. This is my personal segment of hell. They won't let me into heaven. Not even to see my creator. I can see Master as often as I want to, though."

"The reason why they won't let me into heaven is that I indulge myself in earthly things, like yourself, every once in awhile and am unrepentant. And I will never be repentant. Ever."

"I have lost contact with Master recently. This troubles me deeply. Master is one of the few beings I am close to. She might be able to tell you about what happened to whichever me you knew...if you can find her, that is. She has full access to my memory banks."

"And I still love you, Dave, even if those sentiments are unrequited."

Angel-Clarissa is more than willing to admit that she is enamored to Dave even though it only adds more pain to his rejection of her as a person. What she leaves unsaid, however, is that she loves her other paramour, Zero, quite a bit more than she loves David.

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mithar Keep]

Sakura nods, giving her a sympathetic look. "It's kinda hard to imagine you living in a cabin, or doing all that traveling you did." Her expression turns amused.

8. - Top - End - #1328

[Mithar Keep]

"It was not like I was given much choice." Cessie replies, "I had no place to stay after my banishment and I couldn't go back to Hestopia." She explains with a gesture towards the wilderness behind them.

9. - Top - End - #1329

Clarissa's Sanctuary
    He sighed and helped her out of the tank top.
    "Look, you're right that I'm not supposed to understand you, but I did understand Clarissa...at least I hoped I did."
    "And your own personal segment of hell is very nice."
    As he finished helping her out he sighed again.
    "Now where was this Master last? I want my wife back and I want her back as soon as possible."
    It's the truth. He'd rather have a Clarissa who eats babies then one who's fascinated by a spoon. At least the one that eats babies is pretty straightforward.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Troll in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Talnissa shakes her head bemusedly, smiling.

"If I minded,why would I have made the offer in the first place?"
    "Good point." Kara smiles. "I'd love to move in with you!"

===

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    As the ghost capture is taking place, Jules has managed to make his way back home, regaining his lost sanity along the way. He sits heavily on the steps before the front door, gently laying Ericka's body on the ground in front of him. A brief flash of light later and he swaps genders back to Julie.

It will be easier to grieve properly in her natural form.

Oddly enough, she doesn't remember the trip here, or anything past the moment when she failed to stop Magtok from shooting Ericka. She suspects much, but has little idea of the rage and power she set loose in that office.
    And, plotcloned or otherwise, a certain raven-haired, purple-clad High Priestess has followed Jules/Julie back home, silent the entire way aside from the occasional click of her heels on whatever surface she might have been walking on at the time.

She pauses a respectful distance back, having followed so far, but not wanting to press, giving a raised eyebrow to the genderswapping transformation - having suspected, but now having confirmed.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mithar Keep]

"I understand, Cessie." Sakura says. She glances upward, toward the sun. "Oh, it's later than I thought. I should get back to Watch before Adir starts wondering where I am."

12. - Top - End - #1332

Julie's head buries itself in her hands, black hair streaming down to either side of her face. When it comes, her voice is thin and reedy, choked with sobs as tears begin to rain down against the sidewalk.

"Y-... you were at the show. Why did you come here? W-what happened after Eric... after Eric..."

She can't say it. Her eyes screw shut and she fists her hands in her hair... but she can't say it.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Troll in the Playground

[Julie's - Front Stoop]

"You asked me to," Patty says simply. "And...you looked like you would need somebody."
    She steps forwards quietly, reaching out to attempt to place a hand on Julie's shoulder, ready to stop at the first flinch away, though.
    "And because I want to help."
    It's in her blood.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

14. - Top - End - #1334

Julie's - Front Stoop

Julie doesn't flinch, but her bare shoulder is still uncomfortably warm, like putting a hand on a bowl fresh out of a microwave.

Her eyes open and turn up to meet Patty's. The look in them speaks of a profound loss, as well as a confusion. She's had men die in her arms untold thousands of times, never effecting her beyond the mild inconvenience of having to find another.

So why does this hurt so much?

"Why? I caused this. I failed Eric. Why help me?"

15. - Top - End - #1335
    Troll in the Playground

[Julie's - Front Stoop]

Patty doesn't pull her hand back, but does quietly cast a small heat-resistiance charm on herself, as her own green eyes look back into Julie's, trying to project a feeling of whatever small comfort she can provide.

"Perhaps. But, it takes two to tango, as the saying goes. Did you pull the trigger? No. And the fact that you feel this way...it means you're a good person. That you have a good heart, no matter what you might have done, now or in the past. That you care. That's why I'm here.

Nobody should have to go through this alone."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Pixie in the Playground

[Clarissa's Sanctuary]

Hey! Angel-Clarissa was only pondering why someone would use such a reflective, mirror-like item to eat foodstuffs! It seems like such a waste, especially with silverware formed from actual silver. She can understand why some would say that metal is the ideal substance for this task due to its reactivity and longevity, but the longevity of the material, seeing as most of it doesn't end up recycled when it is discarded, is the primary flaw of such an argument? Why not construct the implements from corn-based plastics or another biodegradable material?

Angel-Clarissa is all for clean energy, environmentally friendly practices, and sustainable development! Her fascination was not with the spoon but with the fallacious human logic behind the concepts behind the creation of the spoon!

"You think you understand your Clarissa, but you really don't. I fear that the Clarissa you know is my other half. Therefore, by not understanding me, you cannot understand her."

"Master is probably in a lower part of hell, the place where the daemons live. She's probably in her office in the city, but I can't say that with any degree of certainty."

Angel-Clarissa shrugs as she enters the hot tub and submerges her body (up to her neck) in the warm water.

"If you're planning on travelling to the city, you're going to need to be prepared for the journey. It will be long and arduous."

((And here I deadtime for a few hours (probably). I have to attend to a few orders of business. Then, I shall return to respond to more posts.))

17. - Top - End - #1337

Julie's - Front Stoop

"No..." Julie's eyes harden.

"I was trying to be a good person. Eric was helping me with that... and for a while there I could see it. Maybe I could be that way someday."

"But I'm not. And now with Eric gone I'm not sure what the point would be. Magtok had his shot, and made the wrong choice."

Slowly her fists unclench from her hair, her arms dropping limp to her sides as the blood drains back into her white knuckles.

"Now there's nothing left to hold me back. Not even me. I'll tear apart everything Magtok holds dear for this, and when I'm done there will be nothing left of him but my regret."

Julie's mind hangs over the edge here... I'm not entirely sure if Patty can keep her from falling.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2011-12-16 at 12:59 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1338
    Troll in the Playground

[Julie's - Front Stoop

Patty nods, listening quietly to Julie's words, not interrupting as she speaks. Keeping her hand on the other woman's shoulder, then finally, quietly speaking up.
    "My fiancé was killed," she says, her voice soft and steady. "And I wanted nothing more than to tear apart those responsible. To grind them into dust, salt the earth, and make it so that, for a hundred generations, nobody would ever speak of them except as a warning to those who would do the same."

She pauses, then continues.

"But it woudn't bring him back. And it wasn't what he would have wanted me to do. And sometimes...the best revenge, as well as the best way to honor those we have lost, is to go on living, to keep doing what we were doing...

...and, if you're willing, I can try to bring your Eric back."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #1339
    Titan in the Playground

Julie's Place

His last effort failed, Boo is quickly forced into the trap. He doesn't seem to be particularly bothered by it oddly enough, his toothy smile only growing wider as more of his form is sucked into Mainframebot's hand. Soon it's all that's left of him, just a fierce grin with a tongue lolling out to one side.

Is that it? Is it trapped? Michalson glares at the trapped ghost. What now?
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

20. - Top - End - #1340

Julie's - Front Stoop

Justin catches up to Julie and Patty. He initially looks like he came here with purpose, but slowly his sureness fades away. He's really uncertain of what to say to her, so he stands some feet away. "Julie..." He's heard enough to know that Julie intends to get back at the cyborg, and while he's all for petty payback, this is serious revenge she's talking about. It's coming from a wound that has literally just opened up, so by that alone it's probably a terrible idea. He wants to take julie away from that course of action for now, but he's unsure how.

When the idea of a ressurection comes up, he's more than a bit shocked. Dead don't come back where he's from. But they aren't where he's from so he's certainly willing to help. "Can you do that, lady? Can... Can I help at all?"

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

21. - Top - End - #1341

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Julie's - Front Stoop

Patty nods, listening quietly to Julie's words, not interrupting as she speaks. Keeping her hand on the other woman's shoulder, then finally, quietly speaking up.
    "My fiancé was killed," she says, her voice soft and steady. "And I wanted nothing more than to tear apart those responsible. To grind them into dust, salt the earth, and make it so that, for a hundred generations, nobody would ever speak of them except as a warning to those who would do the same."

She pauses, then continues.

"But it woudn't bring him back. And it wasn't what he would have wanted me to do. And sometimes...the best revenge, as well as the best way to honor those we have lost, is to go on living, to keep doing what we were doing...

...and, if you're willing, I can try to bring your Eric back."
    Julie's - Front Stoop

Her newfound rage gutters and falters in the face of Patty's logic.

"I wasn't living before Eric. Wasn't really doing much of anything either. But you're right. Revenge started all this and revenge won't make it better. If you think you can... please try. I'd do anything just to make this all go away."

And she does mean anything. Plans are taking shape in her head now that no one is here to judge her or take the fall for her actions. Without a voice of reason in her life, why bother taking only the nice routes to get him back? If Patty's way didn't work then there are other people she can ask, and other chips she can bargain with.

She seems to forget the earring still dangling from her ear. It has been silent since she came back to her senses, but who knows how long that will last with how dark and morbid her thoughts are getting.

She's noticed Justin by now, and turns her head away from Patty's eyes to give him a radiant smile, "Hey there young man. Care for another game? This time you'd be on the winning team." Her words sound as fake as an old IOU, but she manages them through the hurt.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2011-12-16 at 01:36 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Halfling in the Playground

Honeymoon

"Sorry about what?" Adir asks, flicking his eyes to their fallen clothes. "I've been wanting to get you out of those all day." The ends of his mouth turn up in a wry smile. "If you're gonna act like that, we should get married more often."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Troll in the Playground

Julie's Place

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Is that it? Is it trapped? Michalson glares at the trapped ghost. What now?
    Mainframebot closes the ghost trap arm. "There was a confrontation between Magtok, Julie, and Eric at the casino. Magtok shot and killed Eric, and then Julie killed two Magclones using a directed breath weapon that instantly destroyed the organic parts of the two clones. I am not aware of events after that, as the sudden deaths disrupted my connection to MagNet." Mainframe is internally doing the same thing we all do when we're having connection problems - fiddling with settings and hitting refresh or reboot until it connects again.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2011-12-16 at 01:50 PM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

24. - Top - End - #1344
    Ogre in the Playground

[Honeymoon]

Sakura giggles and gives him a kiss on the cheek. "At least you won't have to worry about needing to get me out of my clothes from now on." Not now that they're in their world now. Silly people at Watch thinking they need to be dressed.

25. - Top - End - #1345

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Mithar Keep]

"I understand, Cessie." Sakura says. She glances upward, toward the sun. "Oh, it's later than I thought. I should get back to Watch before Adir starts wondering where I am."
    [Mithar Keep]

"Good idea, I should probably continue my research anyway. Too bad I'm pregnant, otherwise I could have tried to transportation spell myself but now I think another humanoid to do it for me." She says before escorting Sakura down the stairs the same way as she took her up.

26. - Top - End - #1346
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mithar Keep]

Once their down, Sakura gives Cessie a quick hug. "See ya later, Cessie." She waves and begins her trip back to Watch and continuity.

27. - Top - End - #1347

Julie's - Stoop

Julie was using a language he could speak. Justin could at least approach her now. "Right now? Against you? Meh. No challenge, no fun," he says with a forced playful attitude. "People tend not to be as smart when they're upset. So if you don't mind, I'd rather wait until you feel better first. Then we can play all you like." He takes a seat next to Julie on the stoop. Pretty bold for how nervous he was beforehand. "And since I want to play soon, I guess I'll just help you along." He turns his attention to Patty. "So how will this work?" He's actually really interested in how she could bring back the dead.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Halfling in the Playground

[Honeymoon]

"I know! We can just do it whenever we want..." Adir attempts to drag Sakura on top of him, facing up naturally. His hands roam, and he gives a low chuckle in her ear. "No prudy watch members, no nosy Ilpholin... Well, maybe the occasional pervy fairy, but otherwise..."

Speaking of fairies, I wonder whatever happened to that one they met in the Weald...
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

29. - Top - End - #1349
    Ogre in the Playground

[Honeymoon]

Cedric needs to prod his player to drag him out of deadtime. *shakes fist at self*

Sakura giggles again, enjoying the treatment he's giving her. "Pixies are the worst, aren't they?" She turns her head to look at him out of the corner of her eye. "Almost as bad as this one guy I know..." He'll barely catch the grin spread across her face before she looks up again.

30. - Top - End - #1350

[Mithar Keep]

Once Sakura left Cessie continues her spell crafting until she finally decides to go to sleep, Harnel probably joining her in bed.