New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Black Dragon's Den IX

Quote Originally Posted by LadyOfWar View Post
    She laughingly replies, "Thanks for your honesty, Sevet." to his bit about being safe either way.

Then she becomes a bit more serious, "You might note I said, 'convince him to leave,' but... um..." she glances around the room a little, "I didn't say that would involve talking." she has a little grin to follow this up. The look is a mix of sheepish nerves, sly cunning, and excitement.

Then, for Alysha's sake, she adds, "It hopefully won't involve fighting either. That would end badly."

She looks like she is thinking...
    Intriguing. "So... Posturing? Humiliation? Wishes and clapping?" Sevet's curiosity is piqued. He does so love clever plans.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

2. - Top - End - #212
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

And Winguardia is very much hoping to come up with a clever plan here.

She looks over at Mayhala, hoping the shadow-user will come back quickly. The odd woman has already proven herself to have an excellent tactical mind and Wing would like to hear her ideas.

"His motivations are money and prestige. Bringing my wings back to the Council will earn him both. If we counter those two motives, he will simply give up the chase." Pity is, money and prestige are rather strong motives.

"Humiliation would work on him... he is VERY proud and if he thinks staying here will only humiliate him further while heading back home would leave that humiliation behind him, well, he would leave. Only trouble is... that can backfire. He might decide on revenge...."

"Hmmm...."

"Feel free to kick around ideas here if you have any."
    Expect my character 'Wanderer' to simply vanish. Please always err on the side of continuing without me. My schedule makes my posting patchy at times and I don't want to hold up other folks' fun.

Former alias: wingrae, Wooly Winged Wonder

I'm officially back! Whee! I should be able to post regularly for a few months :-)

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Marciano replies, T' sum i' up. I sai' leave Im here to rest. Not fight. I already had me fun fer th' day wit' combat.
    Mayhala nods, her rather nasty smile widening.

"Good. Then asking you to be quieter about your resting won't cause a fight. Right?"

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

I was hardly being loud lass! Back where I'm from tha' was just a whisper! BWAHAHAHA!! GRANTAIRE UP!

Grantaire has ducked under the table. He won't move. Marciano kicks him hard. Grantaire whines. owwww....

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

Rhyan, meanwhile, finally makes it back inside the Den, and heads to rejoin her companions at their table.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

I was hardly being loud lass! Back where I'm from tha' was just a whisper! BWAHAHAHA!! GRANTAIRE UP!

Grantaire has ducked under the table. He won't move. Marciano kicks him hard. Grantaire whines. owwww....
    Her smile vanishes.

"I see. Well, unfortunately, you're not where you're from. So please be quieter, or I'll see if you're as loud when all of the bones in your body shatter. I suspect you will be, or louder, but not for very long at all."

As she says this, the shadows around them should suddenly form a small dome over the three, blocking them from being seen or heard by anyone else in the Den.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-01-31 at 06:09 PM.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Rhyan will find Winguardia and Sevet at the same table she left them at. Alysha is still cuddling the kitten ((last that her player saw)).

When Wing sees Rhyan coming she promptly holds out a napkin.

"Breath through this."

She then holds out a second one.

"And blow your nose on this."
    Expect my character 'Wanderer' to simply vanish. Please always err on the side of continuing without me. My schedule makes my posting patchy at times and I don't want to hold up other folks' fun.

I'm officially back! Whee! I should be able to post regularly for a few months :-)

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Her smile vanishes.

"I see. Well, unfortunately, you're not where you're from. So please be quieter, or I'll see if you're as loud when all of the bones in your body shatter. I suspect you will be, or louder, but not for very long at all."

As she says this, the shadows around them should suddenly form a small dome over the three, blocking them from being seen or heard by anyone else in the Den.
    Oy, lass. This ain't no fun no more. We came 'ere to enjoy th' tavern. Not t' be attacked by some witch as you are. G'way.

Grantaire starts screaming very loud, DOM"T EAT ME BRAINS!!!!!!!!

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

Oy, lass. This ain't no fun no more. We came 'ere to enjoy th' tavern. Not t' be attacked by some witch as you are. G'way.

Grantaire starts screaming very loud, DOM"T EAT ME BRAINS!!!!!!!!
    Grantaire may find his mouth is very suddenly filled with a solid mass of shadows, which should prevent him from screaming, speaking, or doing much else that requires a mouth.

"I will go away as soon as you have agreed to be more quiet. I won't be distracted, and you won't draw my obviously unwanted attention. A fair deal, yes?"

10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground

"Thank you," Rhyan says, already snuffling a bit, but accepting the napkins. "And there is...somebody outside who bears a striking resemblence to you, you might want to know," she tells Winguardia.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

Grantaire may find his mouth is very suddenly filled with a solid mass of shadows, which should prevent him from screaming, speaking, or doing much else that requires a mouth.

"I will go away as soon as you have agreed to be more quiet. I won't be distracted, and you won't draw my obviously unwanted attention. A fair deal, yes?"
    Whatever woman. G'way. By the way. I must thank ye fo' th' silencing 'o' me fren'.

Grantaire makes a face.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    "Thank you," Rhyan says, already snuffling a bit, but accepting the napkins. "And there is...somebody outside who bears a striking resemblence to you, you might want to know," she tells Winguardia.
    "So Brian has arrived then. Oh, Rhyan, you should meet Sevet." she holds out her hand to indicate the skeleton. "He has decided to work for me and has confirmed what you've just described: Brian, also known as Reclaimer, is here to cut off my wings and bring them back to my world to collect the bounty on them. We are now working on ways to convince Brian that is a very bad idea."

Clearly she has been dealing with this problem in her life for some time. She wouldn't be this casual about it if this experience were new.
    Last edited by LadyOfWar; 2012-01-31 at 06:52 PM.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Troll in the Playground

Rhyan merely nods to Sevet before looking back to Winguardia.
    "He seems somewhat resistant to magic. However I have quite a few tricks up my sleeve that might possibly assist in that endeavour."

(However, I now have to head off for a bit.)

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

Whatever woman. G'way. By the way. I must thank ye fo' th' silencing 'o' me fren'.

Grantaire makes a face.
    She laughs, much more pleasantly than she's done before in their hearing.

"You're welcome. I can leave the shadows in his mouth, if you want."

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

Nah, 'E's occasionally entertaining. Ya' know?

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

"Fair enough," she says with a nod, teleporting back to her place at the table with Siri, Ryhan, Alysha, and Sevet, allowing the dome, and the shadows in Grantaire's mouth, to vanish as she does.

Now that she's broken eye contact with Grantaire, the effects should fade in anywhere from a few minutes to a few days.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

Marciano attempts to follow the woman. Oy. Can I talk to ye fer a minute?

Grantaire's teeth chatter as he follows Marciano.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

"All Celestials and Aerials are resistant to magic. Our wings shed its effects like water. Resistant, however, does not mean completely immune...."

Mayhala comes back over.

"Oh! Mayhala, excellent, you're just in time to discuss sneaky, nasty and otherwise nefarious ways to get rid of Brian the menace. Please, do sit down and voice any ideas you come up with."

She motions to the bench beside her.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Bribery? Fake wings? Ooh! We let him cut off your wings and magic you up some new ones! No that's stupid..." Sevet is quick witted but he needs something to work with.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

Marciano attempts to follow the woman. Oy. Can I talk to ye fer a minute?

Grantaire's teeth chatter as he follows Marciano.
    Following may be hard. She simply stepped into a shadow, in the opposite direction she was teleporting, and vanished.

However, if they're determined to find her despite that, it can be done.

"All Celestials and Aerials are resistant to magic. Our wings shed its effects like water. Resistant, however, does not mean completely immune...."

Mayhala comes back over.

"Oh! Mayhala, excellent, you're just in time to discuss sneaky, nasty and otherwise nefarious ways to get rid of Brian the menace. Please, do sit down and voice any ideas you come up with."

Mayhala smiles a bit, retaking her seat, and thinking the problem over.

"You said you're both resistant to magic? Hm... Does that include solid objects created through magical means? For example,"
    she asks, forming a black rose with a grey stem and thorns from the shadows under the table, "if I were to hand this to you, would it dissolve into its original form? Also, his motivations, if I recall correctly are prestige and money - which is stronger? Is there any way to make him lose so much face in taking your wings that the money alone wouldn't be a powerful enough motivator to do so? You said something about a set of rules he's supposed to follow in doing so, but that you thought he probably wouldn't; can you tell us more about them? Maybe if we could prove he was breaking them, we could blackmail him into backing off."

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

Marciano is determined to find her. It is rather important to him. Does he find her table?

22. - Top - End - #232
    Orc in the Playground

"Greetings fellow bipedals!"

Look who it is, cheerfully skipping into this tavern of ill repute. It's Devi! The young lady is wearing her usual tank top, shorts, sandals, and sunglasses, as well as her golden magi-tech bracelets with their buttons and lights. She seems to be carrying a small metal box.

The Magtern waves cheerfully at the hive of scum and villainy and puts her box down on a table, before sitting down across from it. She pushes the container away from her a bit and in plain view of everyone else. On top of it is a big red button, gleaming and shining enticingly. Written on all of the sides in large capital letters is "DO NOT PUSH THIS BUTTON". Devi settles down in her chair, smiles happily, and waits.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

Marciano is determined to find her. It is rather important to him. Does he find her table?
    *shrugs*

He can. Up to you.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

He can sniff out people with his large red nose and walks to her. He strides confidently showing no fear of any kind. He hums a bouncy flamboyant tune. His one grimy glove makes a conductor of an orchestra's motion. He sways his head and continues walking to her table.Is anyone else at her table?

25. - Top - End - #235
    Bugbear in the Playground

Alysha does indeed have the kitten. Because it is cute and fluffy.

She cringes a little at the mention of cutting off wings. Definitely something she didn't want to think about.

We could try to scare him off. You know, tell him you have powerful friends and stuff. Maybe he'd be too scared to try it.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

26. - Top - End - #236
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Mayhala comes back over.

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    "Bribery? Fake wings? Ooh! We let him cut off your wings and magic you up some new ones! No that's stupid..." Sevet is quick witted but he needs something to work with.
    Following may be hard. She simply stepped into a shadow, in the opposite direction she was teleporting, and vanished.

However, if they're determined to find her despite that, it can be done.

Mayhala smiles a bit, retaking her seat, and thinking the problem over.

"You said you're both resistant to magic? Hm... Does that include solid objects created through magical means? For example,"
    she asks, forming a black rose with a grey stem and thorns from the shadows under the table, "if I were to hand this to you, would it dissolve into its original form? Also, his motivations, if I recall correctly are prestige and money - which is stronger? Is there any way to make him lose so much face in taking your wings that the money alone wouldn't be a powerful enough motivator to do so? You said something about a set of rules he's supposed to follow in doing so, but that you thought he probably wouldn't; can you tell us more about them? Maybe if we could prove he was breaking them, we could blackmail him into backing off."

"Also..." Rhyan asks, somewhat hesitantly, "The...vampiric parts of you. I'm somewhat reluctant to ask this, and you can feel free not to answer if you wish, but how susceptible are they to necromantic control?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #237
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Wings fights back the urge to laugh at Sevet. "Of those three, bribery would work. If I were a mortal, I would fake my death, as you suggested with the fake wings, but he wouldn't buy it."

She holds out her hand to take the rose. Show beats tell any day. The rose remains perfectly intact in her hand. "In all honesty, if you made ropes out of this, you could tie one of us up. You see, the magic is acting on the shadows, making them solid. We then interact with the solid shadows. If you tried to use the magic on us however, it would roll off. This is because we are creatures of the first creation and the magic of your world is incompatible with the nature of the first making of our world." She stares at the rose, twirling it in her fingers as she speaks. Then she breaks out of her reverie and says...

"On to more practical things."

"Alysha, that would work if we could prove to him that I had friends powerful enough to stop him. You know what, you all deserve some extra information here. I'll outline this for you, but it is still a long story, so hold on for a ride."

((Spoilered for length))

Spoiler
    Show

"There are two forms of my species, Aerials and Celestials. Brian and I are both Aerials. This means we are despised by Celestials and treated as third-class citizens in Celestial society. For this reason I refuse to live within or by the rules of that society. For the same reason Brian took the post of 'Reclaimer of Wings' because it was the only post they would give him. His goal is to prove that he is worthy of a place in Celestial society. Barring that, he wishes to become rich.

Bringing in my wings would bring him closer to both of those goals.”

She sighs.

“I am wanted for treason in connection with a military operation that went wrong. It was a terrible disaster. One day I will face Retribution for that, but not on the Council’s time or terms.”

“Anyhow, back to Brian and Celestial society. Breaking any of the rules or traditions of Celestial society would loose Brian his place forever.

1. If he harms a human then he will face Retribution.
    2. If he kills a human he will be hunted by the new Reclaimer of Wings.
    3. If he takes human blood he will be banned from Celestial society.
    4. If he involves humans in our dealings, he will be looked down on.
    5. He must defeat me in fair combat. This rules out sneak-attacks and ranged weapons. Failure to fight fair will taint his victory.
    6. Hiring Sevet would be frowned upon, so he clearly believes that what he does here will not be reported back to the Council. If he thought they would learn of his actions, he would not have hired you, Sevet.

Now, for our species’ eccentricities… Aside from the magic resistance, we live for thousands of years, the only way to kill us is to sever our wings off cleanly, we try to avoid sunlight but we can tolerate it for a time, we need large amounts of meat to sate our hunger in the absence of blood, we are resistant to fire, if harmed grievously enough we will regenerate in the way of phoenixes.

As for necromancy, I do not know. It has never been tried on our species before."

"He has been following me for years. I have avoided him simply by staying on the move.”

She sighs and looks at those around her.

“I am starting to find friends here. I do not want to run again.”
    Last edited by LadyOfWar; 2012-01-31 at 09:19 PM.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Troll in the Playground

Rhyan listens intently, frowning as she digests the information given...and reaches out to take the winged woman's hand, if she can.
    "I promise that I will do my best to ensure that you never have to run again," the half-drowess says. "How far does the definition of 'human' go? I am half-human; would harming me cause him to, well, fall?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

Mayhala, for the moment, hasn't even noticed Marciano, as she's focusing rather intently on ways to deal with Brian.

"Is killing him an option? I've come up with some... Interesting... Applications of my magic, one of which is a blade that also functions like a garrote. If I could get one of those around his wings and constrict it... Are your shadows also resistant to magic, or just your bodies?"

At Ryhan's question, she nods, looking as though she's rather wondering that herself.

"That's a good question... How about me? My physical form is completely human, but I have a spirit bound to my soul, and we've been altering each other for a very long time, until we finally ended up as one entity; me.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-01-31 at 09:58 PM.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

Oy! 'Ello! Is me! Rememba'? Marciano the assassin waves spasmodically.