New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: I need something broken

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Of course, if you truly want game-shatteringly levels of broken, don't just go Druid, go Planar Shepard.
    Druid 10/Planar Shepherd 10 - now there's an option that doesn't sacrifice power for flavor - she gets both, and in large amounts. Just pick your plane of Dreams (or anything else with a lot of good Outsiders to Wildshape into, and of course Flowing Time) and you're set.

Of course, I prefer Druid 6/Prestige Ranger 4/Planar Shepherd 10, with Sword of the Arcane Order and Natural Spell of course, for CL 18 Druid and Wizard casting and full Cleric casting (from some angel or another) - but that's just me.
    No levelled malice
    Infects one comma in the course I hold;
    But flies an eagle flight, bold, and forth on,
    Leaving no track behind.

Andrew Eldritch Avatar by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
    Psionic Tricks Handbook (WIP!)

Brainstorming thread for a Basic FAQ (WIP!)

Oh, and you can just call me KA.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HappyBlanket View Post
    Never before have I seen such a selfless and devoted display of altruism mustered for the sole purpose of imbuing the OP with the means to horribly mutilate himself and everyone around him.
    Obviously he's not happy. Play something obscenely powerful and scale down as necessary: he and everyone else will be happy. Yay.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mihiale View Post
    Please give me your expert knowledge on a core class build that is broken to all hell.
    Sincerely,
    Mihiale
    Fighter 20. You get eleven bonus feats. That's almost as many as every other core class combined. You could get +1 to hit on eleven different weapons, PLUS your standard feats from levelling. If you really want to shatter the campaign, play a human for ANOTHER feat.

Consequences will never be the same.
    Last edited by squeekenator; 2011-07-09 at 05:29 PM.
    Honesty
    Kindness
    Laughter
    Generosity
    Loyalty
    Magic

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Oh yeah, regarding SNA-line:
    SNAII: Small Elementals. Earth Elementals are very good for scouting, Whirlwind from Air Elemental & Vortex from Water Elemental are also decent though mostly in larger versions; Fire Elementals are mostly useful for burning something.
    SNAIII: Thoqquas are basically living drills. Satyrs are worth noting as speech-capable humanoids.
    SNAIV: Unicorns have Magic Circle and a goodly bunch of healing spells. Tojanidas have Fog Cloud (effectively) and Minor Xorn are basically more Humanoid Earth Elementals. Juvenile Arrowhawks are flying creatures with lazers, with obvious benefits against groundbound opponents without efficient anti-air.
    SNAV: Janni can cast Plane Shift for up to 8 creatures. Just saying. They can also Enlarge/Reduce two allies and create food, as desired. Satyrs with pipes have terrible save DCs but they can be called on unconscious creatures if desired. Nixies have better Charm Person (still meh, tho) and Water Breathing, and very impressive +11 Wild Empathy (though by these levels, you probably have them beat anyways).
    SNAVI: You can get Pixies to do Permanent Images and maybe some minor Dispelling (they have CL 8, it's 1/day). That's about it. Worth noting that Huge Elementals really begin to be able to use their special abilities on most creatures.
    SNAVII: Elder Arrowhawks have serious lazers, Djinni...uuuh, permanent vegetable Major Creation (and Food, Wine, Persistent Image & Air Elemental's Whirlwind but vegetable Major Creation can e.g. make Black Lotus Extract), Invisible Stalker is decent for short tracking operations and these Pixies...are largely worse than normal.
    SNAVIII: Noble Salamanders have Wall of Fire, Flaming Sphere & Dispel Magic at CL 15 - if that was GDM, they could be fairly good.
    SNAIX: Pixie comes with Otto's Irresistible Dance (autowin if your target is vulnerable), and you can memory wipe unconscious targets. Celestial Charger can cast Restoration.
    Just want to point out that the "permanent" SLA effects might not be permanent from a summoned creature, depending on how you interpret this:
    When the spell that summoned a creature ends and the creature disappears, all the spells it has cast expire.
    SLAs work just like spells in a lot of ways, so this might apply to them as well.
    Last edited by Claudius Maximus; 2011-07-09 at 05:57 PM.
    Editor and playtester for Legend.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Claudius Maximus View Post
    SLAs work just like spells in a lot of ways, so this might apply to them as well.
    That simply means all active spells it's cast end. Instantaneous spells should not be affected. Tho I guess even though permanent, Major Creation is not instantaneous so that would end. Meh.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by squeekenator View Post
    Fighter 20. You get eleven bonus feats. That's almost as many as every other core class combined. You could get +1 to hit on eleven different weapons, PLUS your standard feats from levelling. If you really want to shatter the campaign, play a human for ANOTHER feat.

Consequences will never be the same.
    Though they help, feats aren't the way to game breaking proportions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalaska'Agathas View Post
    Druid 10/Planar Shepherd 10 - now there's an option that doesn't sacrifice power for flavor - she gets both, and in large amounts. Just pick your plane of Dreams (or anything else with a lot of good Outsiders to Wildshape into, and of course Flowing Time) and you're set.

Of course, I prefer Druid 6/Prestige Ranger 4/Planar Shepherd 10, with Sword of the Arcane Order and Natural Spell of course, for CL 18 Druid and Wizard casting and full Cleric casting (from some angel or another) - but that's just me.
    I believe the original forum post stated the build had to be core.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

Time for a lesson in power gaming at low levels. First off power gaming can be done with any character. I can make any low level base class and break the game. This isn't hard, of course it really depends on how flexible your GM is.

For example, if you are starting at say 6th level, playing a Pixie Rogue, Pixie Warlock, Pixie Bard, or Pixie Favored Soul will break the game almost instantly. Pixies have permanent natural greater invisibility and the ability to fly. Magical darts and spell like abilities per day. Following the core rules. As a rogue you can have almost every attack be a sneak attack, and with weapon finesse and fly by attack you can do a lot of damage. With the fly speed you can over come 90% of traps that exist and it gives the upper hand in sneaking around. As a Warlock all the same stuff applies as it does with the rogue except you can use your eldritch blast at a distance and you don't have sneak attack. Reading through the invocations that you can get (which include all the Dragon Invocations BTW excluding dragon breath weapon specific invocations) you have a large set of options to work with.

As a Bard you can work as a musical rogue essentially and you can ignore taking spells for invisibility and flight freeing up spell slots, the same goes for the sorc.

If you're starting at a similar level the Archon Hound is a great base creature and it gives you unlimited greater teleport.

The Tengu has no level adjustment has a fly speed and gives you some cool racial bonuses depending on which book you take it from. I prefer the Paizo Pathfinder Tengu versus the Oriental Adventures/Unapproachable East version. While you can't fly with this version you do gain Sword Trained and no level adjustment. Sword trained means you're proficient with all sword-like weapons (including halbertds, bladed spears, sais, bastard swords, even double bladed swords) thus you don't have the negatives with those weapons you normally would.

A lot of people on here are saying Druid, I disagree. I think the Druid has quite a few flaws, though it is fun to play and if you know what you're doing you can break the character class very easily. That said the Warlock, Favored Soul, the Artificer, and the Rogue are my favorite classes for power gaming.

If your DM is very flexible and allows Psionics, you could argue the point that magic and psionics aren't the same. If he agrees than any psionic character (especially the Psion) with a ring of anti-magic is extremely nasty. Mainly because the anti-magic field doesn't effect the psionic powers but stops all magical powers from operating, even area effect spells shot from a distance into the field. What more a ring of anti-magic isn't that expensive and the standard distance for coverage is a 60 foot radius. If you can get one that was widened and extended you can get that to 180 foot radius. (Base ring/amulet is 10,000 gp, where as the widened and extended one is 200,000 gp).

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

I find Ruby Knight Vindicator overly broken. I had one in my campaign and in the right hands it totally rocks.
    Dorkness Rising

9. - Top - End - #39

Quote Originally Posted by Delcor View Post
    I believe the original forum post stated the build had to be core.
    No such limit is given:

Quote Originally Posted by Mihiale View Post
    Dear Forum Readers,
    I am sick of being the underpowered player. I am sick of the fighting with dragon knights, large sized paladins, vop monks whos stats do not line up. I want to play something horribly broken that sucks the fun out of the game completely. Please give me your expert knowledge on a core class build that is broken to all hell.
    Sincerely,
    Mihiale
    In fact, VoP is not core, nor are Dragon Knights (or Knights of any sort).

If we were dealing with a core only environment, I would recommend Diviner 5/Red Wizard 10/Archmage 5 (or you could fit some Loremaster in, if you prefer) banning Enchantment and Evocation. Take Leadership, have your Cohort follow the above build, and use Simulacrum to fill out your Circle - congratulations, now all of your spells are cast at CL 40. And in fact simulacra of your character can lead their own great circles, so enjoy the spells, caster level, and Ultimate Arcane Power. That or Druid 20 with Natural Spell.
    No levelled malice
    Leaving no track behind.

10. - Top - End - #40

Are you trying to imply that fighters aren't game-breakingly overpowered?
    You're correct, of course. Clearly monks are much better.
    ELEVEN BONUS FEATS
    Last edited by squeekenator; 2011-07-09 at 07:38 PM.
    Honesty
    Kindness
    Laughter
    Generosity
    Loyalty
    Magic

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

No such limit is given:

In fact, VoP is not core, nor are Dragon Knights (or Knights of any sort).

If we were dealing with a core only environment, I would recommend Diviner 5/Red Wizard 10/Archmage 5 (or you could fit some Loremaster in, if you prefer) banning Enchantment and Evocation. Take Leadership, have your Cohort follow the above build, and use Simulacrum to fill out your Circle - congratulations, now all of your spells are cast at CL 40. And in fact simulacra of your character can lead their own great circles, so enjoy the spells, caster level, and Ultimate Arcane Power. That or Druid 20 with Natural Spell.
    Read the last sentence again - he said core class build.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

I think he's joking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.
    avatar by me. Extended sig here.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground

If it must be purely core classes than a Human Rogue Sorcerer or Human Bard Cleric combination is your best bet. Its hard however to give any great detail because we don't know what level you're starting at. If its level 1 then you've got a long way to go to breaking the game and hopefully your DM won't over power you with poorly chosen monsters.

Feats however are key, and when I say KEY I mean KEY, to breaking a character. Choosing the right combination of feats can allow you to do miraculous things. A great combination for the rogue for example, is Deft Strike and Neraph Charge.

If you need help beyond this check out: http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndlive/index.php and http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/lists/feats

Also don't forget about Skill Tricks.
    Last edited by Xtomjames; 2011-07-09 at 08:21 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Druid 20 is one of the strongest characters in the game. Wis > Con > Int > Dex > Cha > Str.

Feat choices in order of power (and where to find each one):
    1st (and bonus at 1st via human, flaws, etc.): Greenbound Summoning (LEoF), Companion Spellbond (PH2), Wild Cohort, Natural Bond (CV), Spell Focus: Conjuration + Augment Summoning, Combat Reflexes, Extend Spell. Companion Spellbond is high on the list due to the long duration buffs you can share, which will end if it gets out of range (5 ft. normally, 30 ft. with that feat).

3rd: Natural Bond (CV), this is not optional unless you took it at 1st, in which case get Item Familiar (UA). Get a 'level -3' companion at 4th level such as a Fleshraker dinosaur (MM3) or a Dire Eagle (RoS, text > table) and the 'level +3' for Natural Bond will make up for that drawback and you can count your full Druid level for its benefits. If you got Wild Cohort, at 7th level you dismiss both your wild cohort and your animal companion and get a new companion which is both, thus gaining the benefits of both progressions.

6th: Natural Spell, this is not optional. It should be self-explanatory.

9th+: Persistent Spell*, Quicken Spell, pretty much anything you want. *If you choose an Illumian (RoD) for your race with the Naenhoon sigil and apply quite a few Unguent of Timelessness (DMG) to eight times as many Bone Talisman (turning) spell foci. Cast that spell during downtime at 365 times the normal duration (doubled again if Extended) and during adventuring days expend those turning uses to add Persistent Spell to Bite of the Weretiger (SpC). At 9th level and extended each Bone Talisman should last over 45 days. With Wis 16 you'll have five 2nd and four 3rd level spells per day, so with two Lesser Metamagic Rods of Extend and Extending them in the 3rd level slots normally that's nine Bone Talismans per day without using up even higher level spell slots. Number each bone and rotate them so that you always use the oldest, shortest-remaining-duration bones first. Ideally you'll have at least thirty days of downtime, which will give you enough bone talismans for 45 days worth of persisting one spell per day, using the oldest ones first so that the last six you use will still be on the last day of their duration. Just spending two 2nd level spells per day of adventuring to replenish your supply will extend that to 67 days worth of bone talismans, and on the last day of that you'll use the two you cast that same day. Definitely get Companion Spellbond if you do this so that you can share that Persistent Bite of the Weretiger with your animal companion, though it will end if you get further than 30 ft. away from each other.

Animal Companion: Wolf at 1st-3rd level (Wolf at 1st-6th as a Wild Cohort), Fleshraker Dinosaur (MM3) or Dire Eagle (RoS) at 4th+. Use the Handle Animal skill to give each of those the Warbeast template (MM2). A Dire Eagle should get Combat Reflexes and probably the Mage Slayer line of feats (CA). A Fleshraker should get Ability Focus: Poison (MM), Virulent Poison (SS), Power Attack, and Leap Attack (CV).

Items:
    A wooden tower shield will serve you well at levels 1-4, don't worry about the nonproficiency penalty just cast Enrage Animal and other spells that don't require an attack roll.
    Wilding Clasps (MIC) which allow items to continue to function when wild shaped.
    Healing Belt (MIC) as early as possible, to be replaced when you can afford...
    Monk's Belt, which gives you a Monk Unarmed Strike which can be used in animal forms and the Monk AC bonus including adding your Wisdom bonus to AC. It should be Wilding Clasped, and it 'continues to function' when you wild shape; one function of a belt is to hold other items, so nothing you store on/in your belt will need its own Wilding Clasp.
    Armor/Mantle/Ring of the Beast (CC) great bonuses, Wild Armor melds into your form when you wild shape and you're not considered to be wearing armor so you can still benefit from the Monk's Belt with it. None of these need a Wilding Clasp, that effect is already built in.
    Lesser Metamagic Rods of Extend, get at least three. Store them on your belt.
    One Standard Metamagic Rod of Extend and one 6th level Pearl of Power at level 14+, to be explained later.
    Circlet of Rapid Casting (MIC), with an Enhancement bonus to Wisdom added as per MIC page 233-234. While you're on those pages, see what other bonuses you can add to your existing items, particularly your Mantle and Ring of the Beast.
    A truckload of Unguent of Timelessness (at least 51), and a lot of free bones, see above. Decorate your belt with them.
    Standard Metamagic Rod of Empower at level 11+, to be explained later.
    Wand of Lesser Vigor (SpC) to heal up between encounters.

Spells, presume a Lesser Metamagic Rod of Extend should be used with any hour/level buffs of 3rd level or lower, all buffs should be shared with your animal companion whenever possible:
    1st: Longstrider, Snowsight* (FB), Produce Flame*, Summon Nature's Ally 1*, Enrage Animal* (SpC)
    Snowsight is in Frostburn, see the 2nd level spells below. Produce Flame should be used to add fire damage to your natural attacks when wild shaped, use the Circlet of Rapid Casting and a Lesser Rod of Extend to cast it and full attack. Summon Nature's Ally 1 can get a Greenbound Dire Rat which can use its Wall of Thorns spell-like ability as soon as it appears, then spam Entangle for the remainder of its duration. With a Ring of the Beast you can instead get a Greenbound Dire Bat which can do the same thing but is also a capable melee combatant. Enrage Animal should be cast on your animal companion in the lower levels to make it even better at fighting when you have nothing better to do than concentrate on a spell the whole fight, later on you can get the Swift Concentration skill trick (CS) and start using it again.

2nd: Creeping Cold* (SpC), Bone Talisman, Obscuring Snow* (FB), Heat/Chill Metal, buffs, etc.
    Creeping Cold can be cast with a Lesser Rod of Extend to deal 21d6 damage over six rounds at 3rd level. Obscuring Snow combined with Snowsight creates a battlefield environment that opponents cannot see in but your party can. Get your other party members who want Snowsight cast on them each day buy you a 1st level Pearl of Power and 1/3 of a Lesser Rod of Extend, so it costs you no additional spell slots to put an Extended Snowsight on each of them. Heat Metal and Chill Metal cast on an opponent's metal weapon should cause it to be dropped, as per Gandalf pwning Aragorn in Fangorn Forest.

3rd: Greater Magic Fang (+1 to everything, on your animal companion), Sleet Storm, buffs, etc.

4th: Summon Nature's Ally 4 for a Unicorn to heal people better than your 4th level spell could, and it has Magic Circle against Evil in case anyone is charmed or dominated or if there's extraplanar enemies. Use the 3rd level summon with a Ring of the Beast. Greater Resistance (SpC), Ice Storm, buffs, etc.

5th: Animal Growth on your summoned lions and animal companion, you can choose not to make them greenbound so this will work on them. Entirely optional. Call Avalanche in Frostburn, buffs, etc.

6th: Fire Seeds (berry bombs) cast with the Rod of Empower, give the berries all the same command word and put them in a pouch; drop it at the center of four opponents and deal hundreds of damage to each of them. Superior Resistance* (SpC), Energy Immunity* (SpC), buffs, etc.
    By the time you get higher level spells you should probably know what to look for.

Once you get a few 6th level spells per day, you should have a Rod of Extend and a 6th level Pearl of Power. Every other day prepare Energy Immunity twice and recovering one with the pearl use the rod to cast it three times. Pick a different energy type for each one, they'll all last 48 hours thus doing this every other day. On the days you don't do that, prepare Energy Immunity once and Superior Resistance once, and use the rod to cast each of those and Energy Immunity again using the pearl. Pick the last two energy types, all of those will last 48 hours. That makes you continually immune to all five energy types (Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fire, Sonic) and gives you a +6 Enhancement bonus to all your saving throws.

15. - Top - End - #45

I thought the OP meant core class build, as opposed to a core-only game.

16. - Top - End - #46

Quote Originally Posted by Flame of Anor View Post
    I think he's joking.
    "You could get +1 to hit with eleven different weapons!"

He's joking.
    Avatar by the one and only Ceika.
    "I'll be whatever I wanna do." - Philip J. Fry
    my fake wizard|my fake one-shot|my fake link

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Biffoniacus_Furiou View Post
    3rd: Natural Bond (CV), this is not optional unless you took it at 1st, in which case get Item Familiar (UA). Get a 'level -3' companion at 4th level such as a Fleshraker dinosaur (MM3) or a Dire Eagle (RoS, text > table) and the 'level +3' for Natural Bond will make up for that drawback and you can count your full Druid level for its benefits. If you got Wild Cohort, at 7th level you dismiss both your wild cohort and your animal companion and get a new companion which is both, thus gaining the benefits of both progressions.
    Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20031118a
    Druids and rangers who take the wild cohort feat gain an animal cohort in addition to their animal companion. Although the two abilities are similar, they follow different sets of rules and must be tracked separately.
    Explain please.
    Last edited by Urpriest; 2011-07-09 at 08:54 PM.
    Lord Raziere herd I like Blasphemy, so Urpriest Exalted as a Malefactor

Meet My Monstrous Guide to Monsters. Everything you absolutely need to know about Monsters and never thought you needed to ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    One of the unwritten rules of Giantitp is that Urpriest is always right.
    Trophy!
    Spoiler
    Show

original Urpriest (by Andraste)

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

It does not directly prohibit using both on one animal (though it is certainly a questionable practice).

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

They are tracked separately as opposed to stacking for a total effective level. There is nothing prohibiting you from making the same creature both an animal companion and a wild cohort. It's just specifying that you use the Wild Cohort chart for the Wild Cohort benefits, and you use the Animal Companion chart for the Animal Companion benefits, and that they are independent of each other and not the same ability.

You can dismiss your wild cohort and gain another one. You can dismiss your animal companion and gain another one. You can dismiss both and gain one creature to fill the role of both your animal companion and your wild cohort, provided that creature can fit within the restrictions of both.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Flame of Anor View Post
    I think he's joking.
    Yeah I figured that out later haha

Also I'm assuming that since you're asking for a core class build, that goes for races as well so none of this pixie crap.

I would recommend druid as people have been doing, they are fun to play have lots of room for versatility. Since you are looking for earth shatteringly broken, they are a fairly powerful class at low and high levels, just make sure you take natural spell.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

Question Re: I need something broken

Yeah I figured that out later haha

Also I'm assuming that since you're asking for a core class build, that goes for races as well so none of this pixie crap.

I would recommend druid as people have been doing, they are fun to play have lots of room for versatility. Since you are looking for earth shatteringly broken, they are a fairly powerful class at low and high levels, just make sure you take natural spell.
    Pixies are core by any stretch of the imagination, unless core contains no monsters whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Biffoniacus_Furiou View Post
    They are tracked separately as opposed to stacking for a total effective level. There is nothing prohibiting you from making the same creature both an animal companion and a wild cohort. It's just specifying that you use the Wild Cohort chart for the Wild Cohort benefits, and you use the Animal Companion chart for the Animal Companion benefits, and that they are independent of each other and not the same ability.

You can dismiss your wild cohort and gain another one. You can dismiss your animal companion and gain another one. You can dismiss both and gain one creature to fill the role of both your animal companion and your wild cohort, provided that creature can fit within the restrictions of both.
    Not only are they tracked separately, but it's explicitly an additional creature. Further, animal companions must be unmodified when chosen, so you have to choose it as an animal companion before choosing it as a wild cohort. Then the animal you're choosing for a wild cohort has bonus hit dice etc. The question then becomes, is it possible to gain a wild cohort with arbitrary bonus hit dice? If so, then just gaining a wild cohort with maximum advancement would be more effective, and could be done by any character.
    Last edited by Urpriest; 2011-07-09 at 09:15 PM.
    Lord Raziere herd I like Blasphemy, so Urpriest Exalted as a Malefactor

Meet My Monstrous Guide to Monsters. Everything you absolutely need to know about Monsters and never thought you needed to ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    One of the unwritten rules of Giantitp is that Urpriest is always right.
    Trophy!
    Spoiler
    Show

original Urpriest (by Andraste)

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

So, you want to break the world in half? Shatter WBL into tiny, tiny pieces?

Make your DM break down crying?

Artificer.

The level doesn't matter, so long as it's above 9.

Your first few feats should be Apprentice (Craftsman), Legendary Artisan, and Extrordinary Artisan. Then pick up Magical Artisan for wondrous items, and for... Well, whatever you want to make dirt cheap. Then pick up Bind Elemental ASAP, and Landlord. Then make an airship of doom. For. Free.

Your party will love you. Your DM will... Not.
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Urpriest View Post
    Pixies are core by any stretch of the imagination, unless core contains no monsters whatsoever.
    I don't consider monster races as a core race, even though they are contained in the core three books, I should have specified.

If I were a DM, I would not allow something with greater invisibility on, I mean really? GREATER INVISIBILITY, that opens doors to fun draining.
    Last edited by Delcor; 2011-07-09 at 09:32 PM.

24. - Top - End - #54

Quote Originally Posted by Szar_Lakol View Post
    Read the last sentence again - he said core class build.
    So he did. If that does indeed mean using Core only (I'm not convinced it does) then I would recommend Druid 20 with Natural Spell as I previously mentioned, or if you prefer (as I do) Ultimate Arcane Power, then the following build is what I would recommend:

Human Diviner 5/Red Wizard 10/Archmage 5, banning Enchantment and eventually Evocation. Take leadership, and have your cohort follow the same build. Then, by using Simulacrum, you (ab)use Circle Magic to cast level 20 spells at Caster Level 41+, while your Cohort does the same, and while your Simulacra of yourself do the same. Congratulations, now things need to make DC 36+ saves against all of your spells, you can dispel anyone (well, anyone not using the same trick), and you use the normal Wizard "I win" spells to win the game. All in Core.

Edit:

I don't consider monster races as a core race, even though they are contained in the core three books, I should have specified.

If I were a DM, I would not allow something with greater invisibility on, I mean really? GREATER INVISIBILITY, that opens doors to fun draining.
    If I'm not mistaken, that is part of what the OP wants.
    Last edited by Kalaska'Agathas; 2011-07-09 at 09:59 PM.
    No levelled malice
    Leaving no track behind.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Urpriest View Post
    Not only are they tracked separately, but it's explicitly an additional creature. Further, animal companions must be unmodified when chosen, so you have to choose it as an animal companion before choosing it as a wild cohort. Then the animal you're choosing for a wild cohort has bonus hit dice etc. The question then becomes, is it possible to gain a wild cohort with arbitrary bonus hit dice? If so, then just gaining a wild cohort with maximum advancement would be more effective, and could be done by any character.
    It initially grants a separate creature from an animal companion, which is why you must dismiss both the initial creature and your current companion to gain one creature which is both.

"A 1st-level druid’s companion is completely typical for its kind except as noted below." There is nothing prohibiting you from recruiting a creature which is not typical for its kind at 2nd or higher level. That's irrelevant though, because it is completely typical for its kind when it appears, and then it gains the benefits of both wild cohort and animal companion simultaneously.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

So he did. If that does indeed mean using Core only (I'm not convinced it does) then I would recommend Druid 20 with Natural Spell as I previously mentioned, or if you prefer (as I do) Ultimate Arcane Power, then the following build is what I would recommend:

Human Diviner 5/Red Wizard 10/Archmage 5, banning Enchantment and eventually Evocation. Take leadership, and have your cohort follow the same build. Then, by using Simulacrum, you (ab)use Circle Magic to cast level 20 spells at Caster Level 41+, while your Cohort does the same, and while your Simulacra of yourself do the same. Congratulations, now things need to make DC 36+ saves against all of your spells, you can dispel anyone (well, anyone not using the same trick), and you use the normal Wizard "I win" spells to win the game. All in Core.

Edit:

If I'm not mistaken, that is part of what the OP wants.
    First off Archmage is the only class I see in your build that is core.

Second I'm assuming the DM will not allow pixies even though they are technically a core race. I'm assuming based off my experience that the DM will not allow them (as most of the DMs I've played with don't), specifically because they are fun drainingly broken, even though that is what the OP wants. So it is best to assume that ONLY PHB1/DMG races and classes are allowed, thus I extend the Druid recommendation again.

27. - Top - End - #57

Planetar

First off Archmage is the only class I see in your build that is core.

Second I'm assuming the DM will not allow pixies even though they are technically a core race. I'm assuming based off my experience that the DM will not allow them (as most of the DMs I've played with don't), specifically because they are fun drainingly broken, even though that is what the OP wants. So it is best to assume that ONLY PHB1/DMG races and classes are allowed, thus I extend the Druid recommendation again.
    All of the classes he listed are Core
    Last edited by Squiggles; 2011-07-09 at 11:47 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IthroZada View Post
    You're going to need to be a Psion Kobold with 18 intelligence and a Sage Psicrystal. Take Skill Focus (Knowledge: the Planes), and put 4 ranks in the same skill. Spend your money on a masterwork skill tool (say a book) to give a bonus to your K: the Planes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drynwyn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Timeless Error View Post
    This build is out of date. Pun Pun can now be achieved with a level 1 kobold psion.
    I think Pun-pun has been mentioned almost as much as Druid by now.
    Last edited by IthroZada; 2011-07-09 at 11:58 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59

Quote Originally Posted by IthroZada View Post
    I think Pun-pun has been mentioned almost as much as Druid by now.
    You'd think we'd have a variant of Godwin's law for Pun-Pun by now.

Edit: On topic, do we know what level he's at?

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Boci View Post
    So Candlejack kindly presses enter for y
    what's a candlejack? I have never h