New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 48

[9'th Bell At The Gates]

Having traded out the rather draping merchant's robes from the day before, Nephea now wore much more functional attire. Or, well, simpler at least. And possibly more complex at the same time given that while her shirt was unadorned, the vest she wore over it seemed to have almost more pockets than it had room for; many of which had the neck of a small bottle or phial sticking out just a bit for easy retreval. Her slacks were a bit on the gaudy side but she really couldn't help it as she had the choice between purchasing clothes made by dwarves and gnomes and the former was either too starchy or itchy for her taste.

When found the catamander would be sitting on a bench and resting her head against the wall behind her. Eyes closed as she dozed in the light of the morning sun. Beside her was a small shoulder pack that seemed to be stuffed to the brim with several kinds of plant matter and, of course, more potions.

2. - Top - End - #902
    Pixie in the Playground

[Dave's Clinic]

Dave really shouldn't have yelled at Clarissa.

He really, really shouldn't have.

"Why don't you just come out and say it! You don't love me anymore! You think you're too good for an evil spouse, Mister Assassin! I hate you! If you want to threaten me, Mister Doctor-Man, you can bear your own children!"

Uh-oh! Yep! Dave's in deep water now! Clarissa is crying! He wasn't supportive when Clarissa needed him to be so Clarissa is gonna show him the torture of childbirth firsthand!

Clarissa attempts to magically transfer their children to Dave and magically transform Dave into a female! She wants to know how he feels with the shoe on the other foot!

-------
    [Abandoned-Looking Factory]

And wait Zefir shall! He'll wait for a good hour before the egg begins to shake from side to side and a hairline crack breaks through the smooth, strong surface of the dragon's egg. Moments later, a small red muzzle punches through the top of the egg! It's hatching! Zefir had better prepare himself to meet his baby dragon!
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2012-11-11 at 09:35 PM.

3. - Top - End - #903
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Streets - Krystal and The Lady
    The Lady shrugged.
    "Considering it's a scientific fact...I'd freak out if I wasn't in some TV show or some sort."
    Krystal opens her mouth to respond, but catches herself. She thinks about that for a moment, then gives a little sigh.

Okay, you got me there. But it's still weird to hear it. Even to think about it, really.

Anyways, you said you coming here was accidental, right? Or am I just making that up?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

4. - Top - End - #904

WolfInSheepsClothing

Kribulkin Street

Latalla stirs slightly. Looks like she is coming out of it soon. They might want to hurry up if they don't want her awake before they are finished.

Or... I don't know... I guess they could hit her a few more times or something.
    Still not really here. Still just an illusion.

5. - Top - End - #905

9'th Bell at the Gates

Spotting Nephea across the street, the Wizard shoves, jostled and squeezes his way through the crowd, doing his best to avoid the sentient oozes or similarly slimy members of the populace.

Miss? Nephea? If that isn't enough to waken here, he'll restate himself, this time tapping the napping catamander on the shoulder.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

6. - Top - End - #906
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Aegis Vaults

The bank manager still has a pulse and stirs noticeably when Gelley tries to wake him, but he doesn't look like he'll be standing under his own power anytime soon. The best he can do is mumble out a disjointed slurry of gibberish and mush-mouthed noises, drooling over the floor in the process.

Which is a real shame, 'cause the big hand scanner on the control panel to get the door to open prob'lly isn't gonna accept Gelley or Dr. Dec's handprints.

Meanwhile, Decibel tries to punch a ghost! This is exactly as effective as you would think, succeeding only in forewarning said ghost it's presence has been detected. The ethereal cloud collapses in upon itself, re-entering the visible spectrum as it takes once more a humanoid form.

Yeeeaaah, that ain't gonna work to well, buddy. Suggest you knock it off 'fore I get mad.
    Aegis Vaults

Ow ow ow. Decibel's fist. Decibel's face. But he's not going to let a silly thing like a concussion stop him! Superheroes shrug off things like those and so does our probably not certified Doctor!

He hops to his feet. "Justice never ceases!" And claps his hands together for a sonic boom attack at the ghost. Though it's weaker than usual, if the shaking and holding of that injured hand after the fact is any indication.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

7. - Top - End - #907
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hanks Hookahs

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post

"I paint too, but not as often - it's not as portable as a sketchpad and pencil, plus there's the cleanup. I've done a bit of sculpture here and there, but drawing is my favourite."
    "That is cool, I never got too far beyond stick figures, though I did try working with clay for awhile. I was pretty terrible at it."

The first time he tried his hand at throwing a pot, he literally ended up throwing the pot at his instructor.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

8. - Top - End - #908
    Troll in the Playground

Institute of Humanist Studies

"We study non-human creatures here, as well as human, Dr Roberts. We can't very well make a case for racial segregation without that! A mishmash like this one is the perfect example of the sort of thing we are trying to stop."
    Professor Bauer says.

Laneside Bowling

Lily pokes at the orange bit, lightly enough that it just leaves a fingerprint, then pokes at the red thing. "The red thing is different than the orange stuff." She holds the opened packet out to the cat. "Do you know what this is?"

"It's a cat, Leelee, it doesn't know."

"It's a magic cat. It might!"

For once, Tito realizes that Lily's logic actually makes sense.

In the bathroom, Brand notices Justin's change in tone, and looks up from his scrubbing. "Of course you can."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

9. - Top - End - #909

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post

And wait Zefir shall! He'll wait for a good hour before the egg begins to shake from side to side and a hairline crack breaks through the smooth, strong surface of the dragon's egg. Moments later, a small red muzzle punches through the top of the egg! It's hatching! Zefir had better prepare himself to meet his baby dragon!

What? He has prepared himself. Fireproof blanket, check. Meat, check. Fireproof clothes, check (partly). Not touching while hatching... check. So he will need to wait until the little dragon is out. It's good that all the doors are closed so none should be able to enter.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

10. - Top - End - #910

Laneside Bowling

Lily pokes at the orange bit, lightly enough that it just leaves a fingerprint, then pokes at the red thing. "The red thing is different than the orange stuff." She holds the opened packet out to the cat. "Do you know what this is?"

"It's a cat, Leelee, it doesn't know."

"It's a magic cat. It might!"

For once, Tito realizes that Lily's logic actually makes sense.

In the bathroom, Brand notices Justin's change in tone, and looks up from his scrubbing. "Of course you can."
    Arena

Yes, it's "magic" in a sense, more "Extra-normal", but it's still a magic cat that hasn't spoken a word of Common. The cat sniffs at the orange stuff. Then licks at it, it's tounge going through the cheese without any imprint.

Bleh. Ten points for the effort, but minus five for ignoring it. "Meow."

It pads back to the ball return and curls up right above the hand return. It was always warm there. It's head is still up, waiting for how they'll appease it next.

"After you and your family were rescued, did you guys go to any sort of therapy?" Justin asks. He immediately regrets asking, like he just picked at his friend's wound. "I'm sorry. I'm not saying he needs it, but traumatic experiences... I'm sorry."

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

11. - Top - End - #911
    Troll in the Playground

Laneside Bowling

"Do you think it's food?"
    Lily asks, since the cat tried to eat it. She tries again to pet the cat.

"It can't be." Tito says, and sniffs it. "Ugh. I bet Justin thinks it is!"

"What sort of therapy?"
    Brand asks. "They don't have any wounds left. Just some scars on their feet."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

12. - Top - End - #912

Laneside Bowling

These kids are going to pick at Justin's tastes forever aren't they? Also, at the very least, the cheese spread should at least smell sort of like cheese.

Lily is also met the the same cold air, but at the very least the cat reacts this time. It moves it's head along with her hand. Although neither feels any actual resistance, it can at least pretend like it's being petted.

"Feet? No. No no, Brand. I mean, like trauma therapy. A psychiatrist or something," Justin says before realizing those words likely don't mean much. "Sometimes when people go through bad experiences... Sometimes get through it and they're fine, but sometimes... most times I'd guess, it affects their behavior. Sometimes again, this can be bad for their health. A therapist tells them ways to... heal their emotions? Sort of? Helps them understand their problems and ways to curb harmful behavior. But, I'm so sorry Brand. It really wasn't my place to suggest all of that. Tito is happy boy and you have a wonderful family and I'm really, really sorry."

My Characters

13. - Top - End - #913
    Halfling in the Playground

[Institute of Humanist Studies]

Roberts coughs, raising an eyebrow at Bauer's remark. "...I am quite aware of that. However surely it makes sense to focus our efforts on the more common races present here? All I'm saying is that if this creature is entirely non-human, we're unlikely to learn anything of more value than we'd learn from something more commonly encountered."

After all, the scientists here aren't seriously intending to do a complete case-by-case analysis of every single living thing, are they? There's so much random stuff turning up in the Nexus every day...

Got to draw the line somewhere, right?

"Hmm, nothing in the external features stand out well enough to suggest what the ingredients that went into this were. Well, nothing that I recognise anyway. Have you encountered anything like this before?"
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

14. - Top - End - #914

[9'th Bell at the Gates]

Nephea snorted lightly in her sleep before muttering what sounded like an alchemical formula... Or at least started out like such. "..Ground wheat... Extract of chicken's egg... *Snerk* Dewclaw of a fruit bat... Pastrami on rye boiled for seven days in a clay monkey and a hint of fried strawberr-... Wait, what?" Blinking blearily, the catamander's green eyes focused on the wizard after a moment.

"What time is it..?" she yawned, reaching for a small bottle filled with what appeared to be a dark liquid that was the color of burnt caramel. Prying the cork out of the phial, she quickly downed the concoction and made a rather amusing face although it was easy to tell that it was a very bitter liquid. "Always forget to add sugar and cream..." she muttered as she stuffed away the empty container. "Right then!" she said, eyes now much more alert. "I guess this means you're ready to go?"

15. - Top - End - #915

[Outside Trog's - Waiting for a date]

Hours in the future, but not many, from Justin's cleaning in Laneside Bowling, the vault boy waits outside of the aforementioned nuthouse tavern dressed in his Sunday best, his blue vest over his only dress shirt and a tie and pants to match. The tie, of course, has a specially embroidered 47 on the front. The boy sticks to his theme. His hair is also parted and pointing strangely for some... Oh my goodness did he comb his hair. I didn't even know he could do that! This is new ground, this is insane. Also you look like a dork, Justin.

He also has a bouquet of Flowers hidden behind his back. He's currently in the middle of an intense mental debate on whether or not to through them the hell away. It'd be rude not to have them, But what if she thinks you're a dork, What would Nina or Laura say? There were no flowers back home, They'd still be on the pro-flower side! It's so old fashioned, It's classic! They're pretty, she's pretty, It's a metaphor! We're going to a party! What is she going to do with Flowers?

This has been going on for a while

My Characters

16. - Top - End - #916
    Pixie in the Playground

[Outside Trog's - Head out on the highway! Looking for a Vault Boy!]

And whatever comes our way!

Cruising! And listening to awesome music! In an Aston Martin! Does life get any better than that?

Out of nowhere, Alyca and Miriah come roaring around the corner! Both are wearing sparkly high heels! One is dressed up in a gorgeous frilly purple dress with a pink flower accentuating her features while the other is modelling a plain black gown and a radiant white scarf. The purple dress is low cut while the black gown is a touch more relaxed.

There are four things about them that Justin might notice straightaway.

They both look nice. They both smell even nicer. And one of them is driving the car while the other is chilling in the back seat.

And, last but by no means least, there's not even the slightest indication of who is who.

Which girl is Alyca and which is Miriah? The purple-dressed one sitting in the front or the black-gowned one kicking back behind?

... Who is he gonna give the classy flowers to?

"Hop in, Justin!"
    "Hop in, Justin."

They simultaneously chime! They couldn't make this easy on Justin. That wouldn't have been any fun at all for Miriah, and Alyca was so worried about looking perfect for when she met up with Justin that it slipped her mind entirely!

17. - Top - End - #917

[Outside Trog's - Head out on the highway! *Looking for a Vault Boy!]

And whatever comes our way!

Cruising! *And listening to awesome music! *In an Aston Martin! *Does life get any better than that?

Out of nowhere, Alyca and Miriah come roaring around the corner! *Both are wearing sparkly high heels! *One is dressed up in a gorgeous frilly purple dress with a pink flower accentuating her features while the other is modelling a plain black gown and a radiant white scarf. *The purple dress is low cut while the black gown is a touch more relaxed.

There are four things about them that Justin might notice straightaway.

They both look nice. *They both smell even nicer. *And one of them is driving the car while the other is chilling in the back seat.

And, last but by no means least, there's not even the slightest indication of who is who.

Which girl is Alyca and which is Miriah? *The purple-dressed one sitting in the front or the black-gowned one kicking back behind?

... *Who is he gonna give the classy flowers to?

"Hop in, Justin!"
    "Hop in, Justin."

They simultaneously chime! *They couldn't make this easy on Justin. *That wouldn't have been any fun at all for Miriah, and Alyca was so worried about looking perfect for when she met up with Justin that it slipped her mind entirely! *
    Outside Trog's - Which seat will he take.

What classy flowers? Justin vaguely remembers seeing a bouquet flying away when he saw that both of them were driving up. Oh, do you mean these two single flowers. Well it's only polite that he give both girls a flower.

Justin almost immediately recognizes that a game is afoot. He goes over his options in his head. The question is, does he play? He's completely at a disadvantage, so how can he cheat his way out or to the top of this?

Two words: Plausible deniability.

They don't know he's the sort for head games. Simply refusing to play and acting like there's no game puts him at an advantage next time, from being underestimated. It also makes him seem vaguely simple and innocent, which is endearing.

"Ladies," he says, offering each of them a flower, "You're both looking lovely tonight." He then looks back and forth between them, a confused look on his face like, "Oh wait, they're twins!" just occurred to him. "Umm. Which one of you... is Alyca?" He asks. Let's see how well playing dumb works.

My Characters

18. - Top - End - #918
    Troll in the Playground

Laneside Bowling

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Laneside Bowling

These kids are going to pick at Justin's tastes forever aren't they? Also, at the very least, the cheese spread should at least smell sort of like cheese.

Lily is also met the the same cold air, but at the very least the cat reacts this time. It moves it's head along with her hand. Although neither feels any actual resistance, it can at least pretend like it's being petted.

"Feet? No. No no, Brand. I mean, like trauma therapy. A psychiatrist or something," Justin says before realizing those words likely don't mean much. "Sometimes when people go through bad experiences... Sometimes get through it and they're fine, but sometimes... most times I'd guess, it affects their behavior. Sometimes again, this can be bad for their health. A therapist tells them ways to... heal their emotions? Sort of? Helps them understand their problems and ways to curb harmful behavior. But, I'm so sorry Brand. It really wasn't my place to suggest all of that. Tito is happy boy and you have a wonderful family and I'm really, really sorry."

"I didn't know there were healers for emotional hurt," Brand says. "Do you think it would help?"

In the other room, Lily giggles. "Look. It's pretending I can pet it!" She continues to pretend as well. "Why can't I touch you?" she asks.

"Magic cat,"
    Tito says dismissively. He tosses the cheese and cracker things in the trash. "I wonder how many days it's going to take to get this place all the way clean?"

Now I'm confused. Did the cat really eat the mutton? Or just pretend to eat it?

Institute of Human Studies

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Institute of Humanist Studies]

Roberts coughs, raising an eyebrow at Bauer's remark. "...I am quite aware of that. However surely it makes sense to focus our efforts on the more common races present here? All I'm saying is that if this creature is entirely non-human, we're unlikely to learn anything of more value than we'd learn from something more commonly encountered."

After all, the scientists here aren't seriously intending to do a complete case-by-case analysis of every single living thing, are they? There's so much random stuff turning up in the Nexus every day...

Got to draw the line somewhere, right?

"Hmm, nothing in the external features stand out well enough to suggest what the ingredients that went into this were. Well, nothing that I recognise anyway. Have you encountered anything like this before?"

"I have not," Bauer says.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

19. - Top - End - #919
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post

What? He has prepared himself. Fireproof blanket, check. Meat, check. Fireproof clothes, check (partly). Not touching while hatching... check. So he will need to wait until the little dragon is out. It's good that all the doors are closed so none should be able to enter.

((Derp! Sorry! I missed this yesterday! >.<))

The doors being closed and sealed also stops the little guy from making a break for it!

Crackle! Crack!

The egg wiggles from side to side as the baby red dragon pecks its way out of the egg with its little red snout! D'aww! It's so cute! The scaly little dragon with emerald eyes and a spiky, pointed tail pops out of the egg and unsteadily crawls toward Zefir on all four of its new legs!

The precious baby dragon attempts to psychically probe Zefir's mind to establish contact with him.

"Daddy?"

... D'aww! So cute!

-------
    [Outside Trog's - Cheater, Cheater Cola-Eater]

Justin decided to not decide! What?! Darn! How are the girls supposed to prolong the hilarious hijinks of Justin, Alyca, and Miriah if Justin refuses to play along?

Ah, no matter! They'll cook up with something else! In the meantime...

As Justin hands a flower to the triplet in the backseat, he'll receive this teasing, witty remark in exchange!

"You do know that no matter how dapper you look tonight, Justin, you can't wine and dine the both of us."

Well, the girl has the mannerisms and signs of being-

"Miriah!"

-so the girl in the driver's seat must be...

"What? I'm not allowed to give your boy-toy a hard time, Alyca?"

Alyca dressed up in light, bright colors and a low-cut dress for her date while Miriah chose to be clad in a dark gown so she'd be seen as aloof at the social function! This is just practice for Justin so that he can use personality clues to distinguish between the triplets after they bust Toy outta the slam!

"Thanks, Justin. It's beautiful. And a sweet gesture."

"Oh, knock it off already, Alyca! You're making me nauseous and we haven't even smelled the stinky hors d'oeuvres they always serve at these shindigs! Yuck! And if you haven't figured it out, brainiac, she's the one that thinks you have a cute rear, not me."

Oh! Alyca is literally steaming in her seat right about now! Miriah is engaging in light, playful banter but she is really embarrassing Alyca and Justin hasn't even buckled up yet!

"Oh, sister! Do you want me to whip out those handy-dandy cue cards you printed for me now or later?"

"Miriah. Shut. Up."

"... Fine. Let me help you with something first."

Miriah helps Alyca adorn herself with Justin's flowers! Miriah may harass her dear sister but that's only because she cares for her!

"You're riding shotgun up front with me, Justin."

Because those ejector seats in the back might just earn their keep tonight if Miriah keeps this up!

20. - Top - End - #920

Laneside Bowling

"I didn't know there were healers for emotional hurt," Brand says. "Do you think it would help?"

In the other room, Lily giggles. "Look. It's pretending I can pet it!" She continues to pretend as well. "Why can't I touch you?" she asks.

"Magic cat,"
    Tito says dismissively. He tosses the cheese and cracker things in the trash. "I wonder how many days it's going to take to get this place all the way clean?"

Now I'm confused. Did the cat really eat the mutton? Or just pretend to eat it?
    Laneside Bowling

It didn't actually eat the mutton, or lick the cheese.

Because it's dead. "Mrrow."

Yep. Laneside is haunted by a ghost cat. It can enjoy offerings, but doesn't actually eat them.

"Yes," Justin answers honestly, "But only if you think there's a problem. I'd really hate to make you four think about that only for there to be nothing wrong."

[Outside Trog's - Cheater, Cheater Cola-Eater]

Justin decided to not decide! What?! Darn! How are the girls supposed to prolong the hilarious hijinks of Justin, Alyca, and Miriah if Justin refuses to play along?

Ah, no matter! They'll cook up with something else! In the meantime...

As Justin hands a flower to the triplet in the backseat, he'll receive this teasing, witty remark in exchange!

"You do know that no matter how dapper you look tonight, Justin, you can't wine and dine the both of us."

Well, the girl has the mannerisms and signs of being-

"Miriah!"

-so the girl in the driver's seat must be...

"What? I'm not allowed to give your boy-toy a hard time, Alyca?"

Alyca dressed up in light, bright colors and a low-cut dress for her date while Miriah chose to be clad in a dark gown so she'd be seen as aloof at the social function! This is just practice for Justin so that he can use personality clues to distinguish between the triplets after they bust Toy outta the slam!

"Thanks, Justin. It's beautiful. And a sweet gesture."

"Oh, knock it off already, Alyca! *You're making me nauseous and we haven't even smelled the stinky hors d'oeuvres they always serve at these shindigs! Yuck! And if you haven't figured it out, brainiac, she's the one that thinks you have a cute rear, not me."

Oh! Alyca is literally steaming in her seat right about now! *Miriah is engaging in light, playful banter but she is really embarrassing Alyca and Justin hasn't even buckled up yet!

"Oh, sister! Do you want me to whip out those handy-dandy cue cards you printed for me now or later?"

"Miriah. Shut. Up."

"... Fine. Let me help you with something first."

Miriah helps Alyca adorn herself with Justin's flowers! Miriah may harass her dear sister but that's only because she cares for her!

"You're riding shotgun up front with me, Justin."

Because those ejector seats in the back might just earn their keep tonight if Miriah keeps this up!
    Outside Trog's - Don't push the red button.

The plan worked, the girls revealed who they were, and he has a clue about separating them in the future. Alyca thinks he has a cute rear!

"Got it," Justin says, sitting in shotgun and buckling in, because it's the law, and a good idea. "Do you two go to business parties often?"

My Characters

21. - Top - End - #921

Zefir looks confused. Why didn't Clarissa tell him he would mindtalk. The little thing just got lucky that Zefir wasn't preparing for this otherwise he wouldn't have a chance. Well he should answer him.

"Yes I'm your Daddy."

He slowly tries to reach the baby dragon with his hand, trying to pet it.

22. - Top - End - #922
    Pixie in the Playground

[Outside Trog's - Don't Push the Red Button...Push the Big Red Button!]

And eject Miriah! Yay! That would make Alyca very, very happy!

"Yes, we do."
    "No, we don't. We go to business parties six or seven times a month."
    "That counts as often, Miriah."
    "Whatever."

Sisterly arguing! Yay?

"Have you ever been to a party before, Justin? And are you hungry or thirsty? We were planning on driving through MagDonalds before we show up just in case the food is terrible."

Alyca steps on the gas and they're off! Vroom! Man, this car figuratively flies!

Oh Justin! Look at all the buttons in front of you! And...is that a television with a video game system hooked up to it suspended from the ceiling? Swag!

-------

Because Clarissa is chaotic evil! Mwahahahaha!

The cute baby dragon cutely stares up at Zefir with wide eyes! Cuteness overload! D'aww!

It is petted! Usually, these dragons aren't that affectionate with anyone but...

Daddy!

The baby dragon attempts to rub itself against Zefir's legs!

"Where's mommy?"

Because mommy is supposed to be even more affectionate than daddy!

23. - Top - End - #923
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Aegis Vaults

Ow ow ow. Decibel's fist. Decibel's face. But he's not going to let a silly thing like a concussion stop him! Superheroes shrug off things like those and so does our probably not certified Doctor!

He hops to his feet. "Justice never ceases!" And claps his hands together for a sonic boom attack at the ghost. Though it's weaker than usual, if the shaking and holding of that injured hand after the fact is any indication.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Aegis Vaults

The bank manager still has a pulse and stirs noticeably when Gelley tries to wake him, but he doesn't look like he'll be standing under his own power anytime soon. The best he can do is mumble out a disjointed slurry of gibberish and mush-mouthed noises, drooling over the floor in the process.

Which is a real shame, 'cause the big hand scanner on the control panel to get the door to open prob'lly isn't gonna accept Gelley or Dr. Dec's handprints.

Meanwhile, Decibel tries to punch a ghost! This is exactly as effective as you would think, succeeding only in forewarning said ghost it's presence has been detected. The ethereal cloud collapses in upon itself, re-entering the visible spectrum as it takes once more a humanoid form.

Yeeeaaah, that ain't gonna work to well, buddy. Suggest you knock it off 'fore I get mad.
    Gelley, not sure what to do about a ghost, decides to see if the bank has any spectral countermeasures. She drags the drooling heap of a man over to his hand-scanner, trying to press his palm against it.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

24. - Top - End - #924

Because Clarissa is chaotic evil! Mwahahahaha!

The cute baby dragon cutely stares up at Zefir with wide eyes! Cuteness overload! D'aww!

It is petted! Usually, these dragons aren't that affectionate with anyone but...

Daddy!

The baby dragon attempts to rub itself against Zefir's legs!

"Where's mommy?"

Because mommy is supposed to be even more affectionate than daddy!

"She isn't here."

Zefir answers a bit sad. The cute dragon really seems to get something out of him. It's really sad that he don't knows where his mommy is.

"Are you hungry?" he asks friendly.

25. - Top - End - #925

Altca and Miriah's Car - This car literally flies, doesn't it?

It's probably one of the buttons. Ejector seat, knockout gas, oil slick, caltrops, restraints, wings, turbo, air conditioner. Standard spy car stuff.

"Yeah, I could eat." Justin answers. "As for parties, probably nothing like this one. Some birthday parties back in the Vault, a victory party in Atlanta, a wedding at GLoG, that's about it."

My Characters

26. - Top - End - #926
    Pixie in the Playground

"No mommy?"

That's odd! There has to be a mommy around here somewhere! Oh! The baby dragon knows! This must be a test! The baby dragon just has to search hard enough for her around her nest!

The baby dragon attempts to search around its nest for mommy!

"What means hungry?"

The baby dragon asks, curiously sliding its head under the fireproof blanket its egg is on top of.

-------
    [Alyca and Miriah's Car - Ride On The Magic Aston Martin!]

Well, shoot. No, not the concealed mounted machine guns, shoot as in drat! Ride on the Magic Aston Martin just doesn't have the same ring to it as Ride on the Magic Schoolbus...

"Then prepare yourself to be bored to death, Justin. These parties are a real drag."

Miriah chuckles from the backseat, texting someone idly about smiley faces.

"Oh don't listen to her. She's such a downer. It'll be fun!"

"And what was the victory party about?"

Look over yon port bow, mate! MagDonalds ahoy! Woo! Yeah! Swarthy! Freshly ground protein paste fried, dipped in artery-clogging finger-licking oils, and shoveled onto a two day old sesame seed bun-like apparatus or something like that! Actually, I'd imagine that MagDonalds food is quite delicious but not quite nutritious! Even with the mystery meat. But you'd have to ask Magtok about that for the definitive answer, and I'm not gonna bug him about drive through service.

27. - Top - End - #927

"No mommy!" he says in a certain voice.

Then he goes over to the barrel while thinking how to describe it.

"It's a feeling near your stormatch. If you hav worked hard and it feels like something is missing there."

After all he isn't that kid guy, but he wonders how the new born knows about the mommy.

28. - Top - End - #928
    Troll in the Playground

Laneside Bowling

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Laneside Bowling

It didn't actually eat the mutton, or lick the cheese.

Because it's dead. "Mrrow."

Yep. Laneside is haunted by a ghost cat. It can enjoy offerings, but doesn't actually eat them.

"Yes," Justin answers honestly, "But only if you think there's a problem. I'd really hate to make you four think about that only for there to be nothing wrong."

Somehow I missed that the mutton wasn't eaten. So I guess the kids did too. "Hey look! It didn't really eat the mutton!" Lily offers the mutton again. "Don't you want to eat this?"

Tito is finished with his kitty break, and returning to work.

Brand is silent for a bit. Finally he says, "I don't know. Maybe he's just growing up faster than I did. But maybe it's more than that. Pansy and I just don't know."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

29. - Top - End - #929

Laneside Bowling

((That was my bad, I was unclear))

It did. It was good. No need for more. You don't get points for piggy backing little thing. "Meow." And just what the heck is other little thing doing? "Mrrow."

"Oh man. I guess, I would ask if how he was feeling, why he doesn't want to play as much as his sister. Do you have a regular doctor? Or a pediatrician?" Justin asks, but quickly amends, "A children's doctor. They'd give you a decent first opinion."

Alyca and Miriah's Car - Magdonald's: We really don't care if you smile or not.

"We won a war," Justin explains vaguely. "The badguys were captured, and their base went kaboom." Justin had essentially finished the storyline of his "game," before he came to the Nexus. He did so much stealing he barely finished with positive Karma. "It was probably only a week before I came to Nexus."

He then reaches into his pocket for a gold coin or two. He's paying. He's totally paying for the food and they can't stop him. The man pays. That's how it works, that's how his forefathers did it, and he's not marring his first date (doesn't matter if Miriah's there, it counts) by being a skinflint. He is a true gentleman.

My Characters

30. - Top - End - #930
    Pixie in the Playground

[Alyca and Miriah's Car - Four Fathers?!]

Geeze! Justin had four fathers? Is that normal for people back in his homeworld?

"A week? So you had just enough time to sleep off the hangover from the afterparty, eh?"

Miriah chuckles from the backseat, snapping a picture of Alyca and Justin with her phone then sending it to someone.

"I've a better hangover cure than sleep. You just take an IV and hook it up to yourself and you're done. I don't drink, but the more you know! And living with Miriah, you do have to know all this trivia because if you don't she'll whinge at you all day. Do you drink, Justin?"

"My friend says you guys are a cute couple. What should I text back?"

Alyca herself places the order for fries and cheeseburgers! And when that's finished, she drives up to the pay/pick-up window and automatically fishes around in her purse for her wallet! But Justin already has it covered!

"I know it is in here somewhere..."

Justin will have to lean over Alyca to pass his money to the guy in the window before Alyca locates her wallet!