New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Protoss

1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Protoss

This is a race adapted from the game StarCraft. StarCraft is copyrighted by Blizzard.

Protoss
    Spoiler
    Show

Pictured: Dark Templar (Front), High Templar (Back). Picture drawn by Devon Cady-Lee on Elfwood.

Arriving on the world through a mysterious means relatively recently, Protoss are a striking new race that stands out amongst the humans, elves, dwarves, and other humanoids of the world. Their general want to keep to themselves has kept them a mystery.
    Personality: Protoss, in general, are secretive an aloof. They view the other races of the world as beneath them in power, skill, and knowledge. Because of this, they value intelligence and zealotry above all. This does not mean that Protoss are outright rude. At least, not intentionally; they may overlook other races as insignificant, but they won't object to working with them.
    Physical Description: Protoss are about three meters tall and have two luminous eyes, digitigrade legs, four digits on each of their hands (of which two are opposable), toes, broad chests and shoulders, and narrow waists with slim midsections. Their skin is smooth and becomes rough and cracked with age. Extending back from the crown of the head, Protoss have a bony crest. Otherwise the head of a Protoss may be subtly different varying on which tribe they are descended from. Their eyes are typically blue, yellow, orange or red, with the latter two colors more common (but not exclusive) for Dark Templar. Additionally, Protoss do not have any visible mouths, noses, or ears. Though it is unknown how their senses of hearing or chemoreception operate, they are widely believed to possess such sensitivities. Protoss reach adulthood at around 250 years, and live to be much longer (some have been reported to live over a millenia.
    Relations: Protoss get along famously with no race, believing all to be beneath them. However, they grudgingly put up with dwarves, who they can see as fellow warriors. Elves and Half-Orcs sit at the bottom of the barrel for Protoss, one for flightiness despite their long life and the other for their apparent stupidity. Other races populate a neutral ground, only being noticed when they do something to stand out to one extreme or the other.
    Alignment: In general, the ordered structure of the High Protoss society causes a heavy tendency towards the lawful alignment. In contrast, the Dark Protoss break from this strict system and favor neutral or chaotic alignments.
    Protoss Lands: Nobody knows where the Protoss hail from, although their peculiar appearance and mindset causes many to debate over alternate planes. However, the fact of the matter is that the Protoss are likely to have come from another planet on the material plane, having crashed any ship they may have travelled in.
    Religion: United under the teachings of Khas after several generations of warfare, the Protoss began to adhere to Khas's teachings of the "Khala", or Path to Ascension. When Protoss warriors die in battle it is believed that they have reached the "Khala's End." These teachings hold to a strict caste system that unites the entire race, putting individual achievement low on the scale of priority. Dark Protoss split from this philosophy, embracing the value of the individual. They respect this belief and hold to other parts of its tenant, but would argue heavily with any High Protoss they encountered.
    Language: Due to the telepathic nature of the Protoss, few, if any, have heard the Protoss language, Khalani. Many terran scholars debate that the Protoss normally speak in a "thought-language" that possesses neither words nor true structure.
    Names: Protoss names may be based in their language, or it may be taken from some other culture as a temporary name while interactions are necessary. Each Protoss belongs to a tribe, although they may or may not choose to be referred to by this name.
    Male Names: Aldaris, Artanis, Fenix, Tassadar, Zeratul.
    Female Names: Raszagal, Selendis.
    Clan Names: Akilae, Ara, Auriga, Furinax, Sargas, Shelak, Venatir, Velari.
    Adventurers: Despite their aloof nature, Protoss hunger for knowledge and often travel worlds where they are in search of it. Alternately, they may also be looking for a way to return to their home if they have been stranded.

High Protoss
    Large Humanoid (Psionic)
    • +4 Str, +2 Con, +2 Wis, -2 Cha. High Protoss are strong and hardy and wise, but may come across as self-righteous to outsiders.
    • Large Size: -1 penalty to Armor Class, -1 penalty on attack rolls, -4 penalty on Hide checks, +4 bonus on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits double those of Medium characters.
    • High Protoss base land speed is 30 feet.
    • Naturally Psionic: High Protoss gain 4 bonus power points at 1st level. This benefit does not grant them the ability to manifest powers unless they gain that ability through another source, such as a level in a psionic class.
    • Naturally Telepathic (Psi): High Protoss are naturally telepathic, and can thus following abilities. At Will: Detect Psionics, manifested as the power, manifester level equal to class level. Additionally, they speak mind-to-mind to characters. Protoss are unable to speak to creatures who have their minds blocked off entirely, but are able to understand to some rudimentary extent any language of thought.
    • Augmented Movement (Psi): So well versed are the protoss in their psionic powers, that they often use psionic energy to boost their own movement. By expending a single power point, a High Protoss can augment his movement in one of two ways: it may increase its movement speed by 15 ft or it may ignore impediments due to rough terrain by floating a short distance above the ground. Both of these effects last for a number of rounds equal to half the High Protoss's class level, rounded down (min 1).
    • Photosynthetic Feeding: High Protoss gain sustenance through solar energy, even energy reflected from other orbiting bodies, such as moons. They consume water, but only in minute amounts, absorbed through their skin. They do not breathe.. They attain the feat Greater Sustenance as a racial ability.
    • Martial Training: High Protoss gain the feat Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Psionic Blade) and Weapon Focus (Psionic Blade) automatically. High Protoss are trained from an early age with psionic weapons.
    • Automatic Languages: Common, Khalani. Bonus Languages: Any. High Protoss are well-traveled and learn new languages easily.
    • Favored Class: Psionic Warrior. A multiclass High Protoss's Psionic Warrior class does not count when determining whether he/she takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.
    • Level Adjustment: +1.

Dark Protoss
    Large Humanoid (Psionic)
    • +2 Str, +2 Con, +2 Dex, +2 Wis, -2 Cha. Dark Protoss are strong and agile and considered more amiable than their high brethren, but are still secretive and aloof.
    • Large Size: -1 penalty to Armor Class, -1 penalty on attack rolls, -4 penalty on Hide checks, +4 bonus on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits double those of Medium characters.
    • Dark Protoss base land speed is 30 feet.
    • Naturally Psionic: Dark Protoss gain 4 bonus power points at 1st level. This benefit does not grant them the ability to manifest powers unless they gain that ability through another source, such as a level in a psionic class.
    • Naturally Telepathic (Psi): Dark Protoss are naturally telepathic, and can thus following abilities. At Will: Detect Psionics, manifested as the power, manifester level equal to class level. Dark Protoss are unable to speak to creatures who have their minds blocked off entirely, but are able to understand to some rudimentary extent any language of thought.
    • Aspect of the Void (Psi): Drawing on the emptiness of space, Dark Protoss can vanish from sight and mind. They gain Hide in Plain Sight automatically as a racial abililty, but only while near shadow or darkness or any kind. While taking advantage of this ability, Dark Protoss are almost undetectable by psionic means (Caster level check to sense the Dark Templar with DC 10 + 1/2 class level + Wis modifier).
    • Hunted Race: Dark Protoss gain a +4 racial bonus to Hide checks. Due to their outcast and infidel status, Dark Protoss have become adept at hiding despite their size.
    • Photosynthetic Feeding: Dark Protossgain sustenance through solar energy, even energy reflected from other orbiting bodies, such as moons. They consume water, but only in minute amounts, absorbed through their skin. They do not breathe. They attain the feat Greater Sustenance as a racial ability.
    • Martial Training: Dark Protoss gain the feat Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Psionic Sword) and Weapon Focus (Psionic Sword) automatically. Dark Protoss are trained in the use of this psionic weapon from an early age.
    • Automatic Languages: Common, Khalani. Bonus Languages: Any. Dark Protoss are well-traveled and learn new languages easily.
    • Favored Class: Lurk. A multiclass Dark Protoss's Lurk class does not count when determining whether he/she takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.
    • Level Adjustment: +1.

New Item: Psionic Blade
    This wrist-mounted device allows a psionic user to manifest a blade of pure thought energy at will.
    Damage: 2d4
    Critical: 19-20/x2
    Cost: 150g
    Category: Light Exotic Weapon
    Special: While the wielder is psionically focused, they may add their manifesting stat to damage. Additionally, they may expend their focus to make all attacks with any psionic blades for that round into touch attacks, without the benefit of adding their manifesting stat to damage.

New Item: Psionic Sword
    Similar in design to the Psionic blade, this device allows a psionic user to create a more chaotically restrained blade, increasing its damage while draining more of the psi power that is used to create the blade. Thus, Psionic Swords may not be dual-wielded.
    Damage: 2d6
    Critical: 19-20/x3
    Cost: 250g
    Category: Medium Exotic Weapon
    Special: While the wielder is psionically focused, they may add their manifesting stat to damage. Additionally, they may expend their focus to make all attacks with any psionic blades for that round into touch attacks, retaining the benefit of adding their manifesting stat to damage for that round.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Protoss (PEACH)

accidental double post.
    Last edited by elliott20; 2007-02-12 at 11:32 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

I always felt that the various protoss units could be done through what is already available out there with a slight rule twist.

A templar could just as well be a psionist. A zealot could just be any of the warrior base classes with maybe a level or two of psychic warrior thrown in. And the dark templars could just be fighter rogues with some pretty kick ass technology in place.

Also, I'm quite surprised that the protoss blade only does 1d6. But then again, since we have seen them use it in both hands, I guess it would make more sense to make it a light weapon with that damage level.

4. - Top - End - #4

Quote Originally Posted by elliott20 View Post
    I always felt that the various protoss units could be done through what is already available out there with a slight rule twist.

A templar could just as well be a psionist. A zealot could just be any of the warrior base classes with maybe a level or two of psychic warrior thrown in. And the dark templars could just be fighter rogues with some pretty kick ass technology in place.
    True, in many cases, but in reading of the books, you find that the castes are very different from each other. Judicators are almost paladin-like in their stick-up-the-rear attitude, while the Templars are generally not so bad about things, and stronger to boot. Haven't quite made a distriction between High and Dark Protoss, however... But the dark templar "cloaking" ability was natural, not technology-based. :)

Also, I'm quite surprised that the protoss blade only does 1d6. But then again, since we have seen them use it in both hands, I guess it would make more sense to make it a light weapon with that damage level.
    I thought about making the dmg 2d4, but that seemed kinda silly...

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

hmm... well, but are they necessarily born into their differences like say, an elf would be from a dwarf? or are all protoss babies the same biologically at birth?

6. - Top - End - #6

hmm... well, but are they necessarily born into their differences like say, an elf would be from a dwarf? or are all protoss babies the same biologically at birth?
    I would argue that they aren't quite the same at birth... For example, its early on that a Dark Templar loses their connection to the Khala. Additionally, the caste system causes quite a difference between the warrior class and the ruling class. Extreme differences. The caste system is by birth in the protoss, similar to nobles and peasants (but not quite the same stigma). A young adult (classless) in the Judicator caste wouldn't have the same physical prowess as a Templar caste Protoss.

I suppose you could argue one way or the other, really. However, the difference between high and dark protoss would stand.

7. - Top - End - #7

Taking what was said into account, I'm going to rewrite the two races a bit... thread on hold until then :)

8. - Top - End - #8

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

Protoss do not eat (they have no mouth, duh ). I would suggest specifying that they feed of psionic energy only and adding some kind of telepathic communication ability while removing the ability to speak. Also, are you sure about wilder as a favored class for dark protoss? I would suggest lurk form Complete Psionic.
    My Skill-Based Magic System!
    Complete, except for some world-specific stuff.

NOTHING
    Transmutation
    Level: Sor/Wiz 5
    Components: V, S, M
    Casting Time: 1 standard action
    Range: Long (400 ft. + 40 ft./level)
    Area: 20-ft.-radius spread
    Duration: Instantaneous
    Saving Throw: Will negates
    Spell Resistance: Yes

Absolutely nothing happens. Everyone get on with their lives.
    Material Components: Several large and healthy camels.

10. - Top - End - #10

Quote Originally Posted by dead_but_dreaming View Post
    Protoss do not eat (they have no mouth, duh ). I would suggest specifying that they feed of psionic energy only and adding some kind of telepathic communication ability while removing the ability to speak. Also, are you sure about wilder as a favored class for dark protoss? I would suggest lurk form Complete Psionic.
    Yeah, I was wondering about the food thing... And I forgot to put in some of the details i was thinking about the telepathy deal...

Lurk? I'll look into that.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm... I suppose you could substantiate the differences between a dark protoss and a light protoss through ability score mods. I personally think that dividing castes by usage of ability score mods is kind of like dividing by virtue of say, nation. "Oh, well, Americans tend to get better nutrition, so +2 to con" that sort of thing.

You can argue it. But differences in caste, unless a truly biological one, (such as the severed connection to a certain being that will effect their development) I think could be created through the use of the proper classes.

After all, the samurai class is definitely a whole caste apart from the peasants, but last we checked, their ability scores are modded the same way.

12. - Top - End - #12

Hmm... I suppose you could substantiate the differences between a dark protoss and a light protoss through ability score mods. I personally think that dividing castes by usage of ability score mods is kind of like dividing by virtue of say, nation. "Oh, well, Americans tend to get better nutrition, so +2 to con" that sort of thing.

You can argue it. But differences in caste, unless a truly biological one, (such as the severed connection to a certain being that will effect their development) I think could be created through the use of the proper classes.

After all, the samurai class is definitely a whole caste apart from the peasants, but last we checked, their ability scores are modded the same way.
    True, that's why I dropped it to only Dark vs High protoss. Of course, not many people seem to be itching to comment on it all. Probably 'cause almost nobody seems to be into psionics

13. - Top - End - #13
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Protoss

Psionics always stuck out like a sore thumb for me. But then again, the most I've touched was in 2nd edition.

Either way, I do have one comment (right now): When describing the Augmented movement, you say they can use this ability once per level per day for a duration equal to their level. Well. In what? In microts? In cycles? What?
    — Nicolaos of Aepternacos

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

I have yet to really understand psionics all that well myself. else I would be able to be of better help too.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

*Starcraft Fanboy Powers Activate!*
    Protoss actually DO have mouths. Look carefully at the neck of Artanis, I think it was (the Brood War heroscout), you'll see it. Instead of giving them detect psionics, I'd just give them a telepathy range of, say, 50 feet? Maybe just 20. Also, outside of their armor, protoss are scrawny little buggers, so I'd say a racial PENALTY to CON. Say, +2 STR, -2 CON, +2 INT, -2 CHA (Protoss are strong, but without their specially made armor tend to be weak of body. They are smarter than your average psionic monkey, but they tend to view other races as less intelligent at best, beneath them entirely at worst)
    with dark templar getting +2 DEX instead of +2 STR. But that's just me.
    *Starcraft Fanboy Powers Deactivate!*
    Got Fire?
    Spoiler
    Show

Siggies by Dr. Bath. Avatar by Dr. Bath. Thanks a bundle, guys!

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm just waiting for somebody to start writing up zerg monsters.

17. - Top - End - #17

I'm just waiting for somebody to start writing up zerg monsters.
    I'd love that person forever.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

well, it's raelly not that difficult. we just need to find a template to work off of and we'll have our monsters.

in fact, that's what I'll try to do tomorrow.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Some suggestions from how I'd do it:

Protoss
    - 1 extra power point a level.
    - +2 Str, +2 Con, +2 Int, -4 Cha.
    - Telepathy 100 feet.
    - Languages: any
    - Psionic Feeding: Protoss have no mouths to speak of, so they have no use for food, drink, or air. They attain the feat Greater Sustenance as a racial ability.
    - LA +1

In addition, make some Racial substitution levels (like this)

Protoss Soulblade ("Zealot")
    {table="head"]Level|BAB|Special
    1st|+1|Way of the Khala, Psionic Blades, Weapon Focus (Psionic Blade), Two Weapon fighting
    2nd|+2|Leg Enhancements
    4th|+4|Will of the Khala[/table]

Way of the Khala: A Zealot has full BAB instead of three quarters.
    Psionic Blades: A Zealot starts off with two Psionic blades, and is proficient with the Blades. You may not throw these blades.
    Weapon focus(Psionic Blade):Gain as a bonus feat
    Two Weapon Fighting: gain as a bonus feat
    Leg Enhancements: You gain an extra 20 feet of movement
    Will of the Khala: Your Weapons are both enhanced by the mind blade bonus, with only one blade being being one behind.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ilovefire View Post
    *Starcraft Fanboy Powers Activate!*
    Protoss actually DO have mouths. Look carefully at the neck of Artanis, I think it was (the Brood War heroscout), you'll see it. Instead of giving them detect psionics, I'd just give them a telepathy range of, say, 50 feet? Maybe just 20. Also, outside of their armor, protoss are scrawny little buggers, so I'd say a racial PENALTY to CON. Say, +2 STR, -2 CON, +2 INT, -2 CHA (Protoss are strong, but without their specially made armor tend to be weak of body. They are smarter than your average psionic monkey, but they tend to view other races as less intelligent at best, beneath them entirely at worst)
    with dark templar getting +2 DEX instead of +2 STR. But that's just me.
    *Starcraft Fanboy Powers Deactivate!*
    Protoss do not have any visible mouths, noses, or ears. Two of the Protoss portraits (namely those of Aldaris and the Arbiter unit) appear to have mouths, but these "mouths" do not ever open. Though it is unknown how their senses of hearing or chemoreception operate, they are widely believed to possess such sensitivities. They can communicate telepathically with each other, especially over long distances. A Protoss' average life expectancy is several hundred years, as the Protoss Artanis, who is 262 years old, is considered young. Protoss have a psionic pulse encased in a physical body. Once that body is destroyed, the psionic pulse dissipates, flaring with a pale, blue light.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

must...

not...

explode...

WOW.

oh and Dragoons are mortally wounded protoss who still wish to serve... so killing one outright would take some doing.

how will shields work?

and don't forget the Zelot's Psy blades are different to the Dark Templar's Warp blades...
    they can sever telepathic connections...

i need to be in research mode for this...

Quote Originally Posted by daedu View Post
    I would argue that they aren't quite the same at birth... For example, its early on that a Dark Templar loses their connection to the Khala. Additionally, the caste system causes quite a difference between the warrior class and the ruling class. Extreme differences. The caste system is by birth in the protoss, similar to nobles and peasants (but not quite the same stigma). A young adult (classless) in the Judicator caste wouldn't have the same physical prowess as a Templar caste Protoss.

I suppose you could argue one way or the other, really. However, the difference between high and dark protoss would stand.
    Don't the Dark Templar cut the part of the brain that allows the Khala out of their brains?
    Last edited by Archonic Energy; 2007-02-13 at 12:32 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatars by various artists my thanks to them all

i won silver Protoss itp... and a Magtok!
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmiles View Post
    I know you...kind of...the hippie is always picking on you...
    Quote Originally Posted by smellie_hippie View Post
    The local Troglanders have decreed that Archie was victorious for actually bringing a KNIFE to a Skype fight.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

A Dragoon would almost have to be a Construct type, rather like the Warforged.In the cutscenes, they're pretty big, so probably Large size. Their ranged attack is likely around the 2d4-2d6 range. It has no melee attack, but may make it's ranged attack in melee without provoking an AoO.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

High templars
    Psionic Storm
    chain lighning 1/day?
    Hallucination
    Simulacrum 1/day?

Archons are... problematic.
    Psionic blasts are pretty powerful

But not as problematic as...
    Dark Archons
    Feedback
    hard to translate...

Malestrom
    Slow/Stun 1/day

Mind Control
    potentionally game breaking...
    anyone else think that we should "forget" them...
    Last edited by Archonic Energy; 2007-02-13 at 12:58 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

The local Troglanders have decreed that Archie was victorious for actually bringing a KNIFE to a Skype fight.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Feedback: Opponent takes xd4 damage, where x is the number of spell levels the opponent has remaining in memory.

Mind Control: Dominate Monster, permanent.

PsiStorm: Something like Acid Fog with Lightning substituted for acid

Hallucination: Major Image, without Concentration or range requirements.

Archons: D4 hit die, but insane AC (lots of Deflection AC from their shielding). Blast does something like 3d6. Not too powerful for a Large creature's attack.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25

Dang. It seems like this thread picked up readers AFTER I basically gave up on it.

Umm... so much. Ha. Well, I agree mostly with Gralamin about things.. though, it would be good to have a form where one didn't have to take racial sub levels.

When I wrote the movement, I meant it as number of times per day equal to class level, for a number of rounds equal to 1/2 class level.

Thus, a level 13 would have it 13/day for 6 rounds.

Yes, the dragoon would essentially be a PrC that gives construct traits to zealots, as that was the 'main' type that was fit into one (ala Fenix). It's only a thought at the moment.

Also, when I started this up, I planned to simply insert them into the Psionics realm of things. Thus, that means no shields, no tech. The dragoon as a construct PrC. But that can be modified if people give good enough reason or vote.

As to the "weak without armor" idea, I'm basically going on a comparison of a naked human (10 con/str) vs a naked protoss. Seeing as the protoss is generally larger and stronger in melee combat, I think a +2 bonus would work out for that.

Also, the dark templars DO have a dex bonus... +2 it is. With a penalty to Con due to the "feeding on the void".

And lastly.. yeah, sort of about the "cut out brain". From what I gathered, they cut off a good portion of those dreadlock-like protrusions in the back. That is the physical "limb" of their mind-collective-based khala psionic-stuff :) they still have the powers, but not the mind link.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    Feedback: Opponent takes xd4 damage, where x is the number of spell levels the opponent has remaining in memory.

Mind Control: Dominate Monster, permanent.
    Feedback would be Too deadly... Mages get 1d4 HD per level but gain more than that spell levels (well after level 4) maybe half it...

again mind control would be TOO powerful.

BBEG: i will destroy the world
    DA: *Mind control*
    BBEG i will be good forever.

see.

also, does Wis or Int help Psionics? both dark and high protoss should get the bonus which helps...

not good with psi...

soal bow (i think) for the dragoon?
    Last edited by Archonic Energy; 2007-02-13 at 01:47 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27

Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy View Post
    also, does Wis or Int help Psionics? both dark and high protoss should get the bonus which helps...

not good with psi...

I believe it is Int that does, but the favored class of a dark templar would be more rogue-lurk type of deal, rather than psion.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy View Post
    Feedback would be Too deadly... Mages get 1d4 HD per level but gain more than that spell levels (well after level 4) maybe half it...
    IIRC, it pretty much destroyed any unit with a full energy bar too, except maybe a BC. Make it 1/day, and it's pretty balanced.

again mind control would be TOO powerful.

BBEG: i will destroy the world
    DA: *Mind control*
    BBEG i will be good forever.
    BBEG What, do you think I cannot make a will save? *SMITES*

Yea, you get a will save with Dominate Monster.

not good with psi...

Soul Bow, I think is what you are aiming at... and the casting stat depends on class. Psions manifest based on Int, PsiWarriors on Wis.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

IIRC, it pretty much destroyed any unit with a full energy bar too, except maybe a BC. Make it 1/day, and it's pretty balanced.

BBEG What, do you think I cannot make a will save? *SMITES*

Yea, you get a will save with Dominate Monster.
    actually that's about right only the BC could suvive a hit if the mana was at full... however i still see the BBE Wizard getting the feedback.

Or MC'ed... the units in SC never got a will save

Soul Bow, I think is what you are aiming at... and the casting stat depends on class. Psions manifest based on Int, PsiWarriors on Wis.
    no i wanted the Dragoon to fire fish...

ok so i should probably sleep at some point...
    Last edited by Archonic Energy; 2007-02-13 at 06:06 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

Ok, I was going to post some additional comments here but everything seems to be covered by now. I'd just like to point out the elan race in EPHB, they also do not eat and can do stuff to their bodies with their inherent psionic energy...
    My Skill-Based Magic System!
    Complete, except for some world-specific stuff.

NOTHING
    Transmutation
    Level: Sor/Wiz 5
    Components: V, S, M
    Casting Time: 1 standard action
    Range: Long (400 ft. + 40 ft./level)
    Area: 20-ft.-radius spread
    Duration: Instantaneous
    Saving Throw: Will negates
    Spell Resistance: Yes

Absolutely nothing happens. Everyone get on with their lives.
    Material Components: Several large and healthy camels.