New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Echo Bazaar

1. - Top - End - #541
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Echo Bazaar

Quote Originally Posted by Bodez View Post
    Thanks for the link. And I can't seem to get that cat in box. Or anything really, how much layers do I need to unwrap?
    The rare success is, apparently, really darn rare.

There's some theorising that the odds of getting a second kitty decrease once you already have one.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

2. - Top - End - #542
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey, just to throw this out there, but once Bodez gets the amount of Starveling cats that he needs, if anyone would like to send me a couple of boxes, I'd be appreciative, I've been trying to get a cat for a while now(I don't actually NEED one right now, just WANT one), but haven't had any luck.

Starwulf is my twitter handle. Bodez, what is your info, I'll make you the recipient of any cat cards I get until you don't need them anymore ^^

Also, how many "Connected" pets can you get? I wasn't thinking and just randomly took the dockworkers pet(some Mynah bird), but I had forgotten that you could get the maverick bloodhound, and that's the one I wanted! lol
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2012-02-27 at 06:18 PM.

3. - Top - End - #543
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    Also, how many "Connected" pets can you get? I wasn't thinking and just randomly took the dockworkers pet(some Mynah bird), but I had forgotten that you could get the maverick bloodhound, and that's the one I wanted! lol
    You can only have one at a time, as far as I know.

On the flip side, the opportunity card associated with your connected pet has an option to get rid of it. Take that and you can trade it in for a different one.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Orc in the Playground

Starwulf is my twitter handle. Bodez, what is your info, I'll make you the recipient of any cat cards I get until you don't need them anymore ^^
    PanjDagger. Or so I think, it's the name it displays when I actually go on twitter (and in EBZ). I would also send my boxes to you, so let's see who can get the cat first

Oh and, if anyone is doing Mr. Eaten, don't. It's really really not worth it, I'm soooo far right now, and everything I have to show is multiple visits to Boatman, and Mirror Marches, and so many lost Connections. But I can't seem to stop now. I actually find it funny that it's the same as with ingame storylets that deal with Mr. Eaten.
    "Don't make me go all Darth Vader on your teddy." - BBEG of the month
    ---
    Awesome avy by Serpentine <3

5. - Top - End - #545
    Troll in the Playground

Oh and, if anyone is doing Mr. Eaten, don't. It's really really not worth it, I'm soooo far right now, and everything I have to show is multiple visits to Boatman, and Mirror Marches, and so many lost Connections. But I can't seem to stop now. I actually find it funny that it's the same as with ingame storylets that deal with Mr. Eaten.
    We will, quite possibly, get to learn the name at the end of it though. Even if we don't, there are undoubtedly some interesting secrets to learn along the way. That's enough for me.

6. - Top - End - #546
    Ettin in the Playground

PanjDagger. Or so I think, it's the name it displays when I actually go on twitter (and in EBZ). I would also send my boxes to you, so let's see who can get the cat first

Branimir@PanjDagger? If so, I just "followed" you on Twitter, so that should add you to my friends list on Twitter! Congratulations, you are, I think, the second REAL person I've followed on twitter.

Actually, ya know, we should consider adding a list of everyones twitter or facebook accounts to the OP of this thread, so we can have easy access to fellow GITPers. Hell, we could form a group on Echo Bazaar, I know that's possible now ^^

edit: So, ya know, now I"m wondering, if I missed the Regretful soldier because he came up as an opportunity card in Watchmakers Hill, what other interesting people/storylets did I miss because their cards only came up when you are in a specific area???
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2012-02-27 at 06:49 PM.

7. - Top - End - #547
    Orc in the Playground

Branimir@PanjDagger? If so, I just "followed" you on Twitter, so that should add you to my friends list on Twitter! Congratulations, you are, I think, the second REAL person I've followed on twitter.

Actually, ya know, we should consider adding a list of everyones twitter or facebook accounts to the OP of this thread, so we can have easy access to fellow GITPers. Hell, we could form a group on Echo Bazaar, I know that's possible now ^^
    Yup, that's me. I didn't even know that my real name was showing (well, first part of it anyways). And yeah, we should add it to the OP, because just a minute ago I was going the check it, and saw none there. Because it would be really nice to actually have a Gitp group rolling. Oh, and, I followed you by the by
    ---

8. - Top - End - #548
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Narkis View Post
    I'll be sure to pass along any boxed cats I might come across, and I'd appreciate if some soul was kind enough (even if stained) to send some my way. May we all find what we seek.
    Hey, get in line. I forgot to say I'm narkis24 on twitter, btw.

And this really sucks. You guys made me remember that I'd neglected my seeking, and I paused my mahogany hall exploits to resume. Now I'm dead. For the first time. The Spider-Council couldn't best me. Feducci was a pushover. But just a bit of seeking did it. God____it, how will I get back to the surface now?
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

9. - Top - End - #549
    Orc in the Playground

And this really sucks. You guys made me remember that I'd neglected my seeking, and I paused my mahogany hall exploits to resume. Now I'm dead. For the first time. The Spider-Council couldn't best me. Feducci was a pushover. But just a bit of seeking did it. God____it, how will I get back to the surface now?
    I't's long. And tedious. And my Watchfull is too low to play chess. You I am dead currently, how did you know?
    Added you btw.
    ---

10. - Top - End - #550
    Ogre in the Playground

There is rumoured to be a way, hidden deeply in the personal stores of Mr Wines. A drink said to be able to heal any wound. a drink that can grant the imbiber true immortality:

Hesperidian Cider.

11. - Top - End - #551
    Ogre in the Playground

New goal: Gather enough echoes to buy some cider.

My stay in London may be a bit longer than anticipated.

12. - Top - End - #552
    Troll in the Playground

It's speculated - and this is only speculation mind you - that you may also be able to acquire Hesperidian Cider from the Capering Relicker as the 'something secret' he offers for 3200 scraps at Persuasive 200.

Spoiler
    Show
    One of the things he mentions identifies him as likely being from the First City. And having brewed something that the Masters would dearly like him to make more of.

Considering his longevity, and certain other hints, it's thought that what he brewed was Hesperidian Cider.

Either way, there is no way to actually acquire the cider yet. And probably won't be for a while.
    Last edited by Tome; 2012-02-27 at 08:04 PM.

13. - Top - End - #553
    Ettin in the Playground

You were warned, you know.

14. - Top - End - #554
    Ogre in the Playground

True, I got no one to blame but myself (even if it's completely your fault). I figured it'd be like the whole "sell my soul" thing, which I fixed eventually, even ending up better off than I started. I can fix this too. It'll be a little more difficult, but still not as difficult as I'd thought if that thing with the relics is true.

All this did is leave me even more determined to find the name. I can't let my death be in vain.
    Last edited by Narkis; 2012-02-28 at 07:07 AM.

15. - Top - End - #555
    Ettin in the Playground

True, I got no one to blame but myself (even if it's completely your fault). I figured it'd be like the whole "sell my soul" thing, which I fixed eventually, even ending up better off than I started. I can fix this too. It'll be a little more difficult, but still not as difficult as I'd thought if that thing with the relics is true.

All this did is leave me even more determined to find the name. I can't let my death be in vain.
    Sunk Cost Fallacy, m'dear. Turn back now, while there's still enough pieces of you left to save.

16. - Top - End - #556
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eurus View Post
    Sunk Cost Fallacy, m'dear. Turn back now, while there's still enough pieces of you left to save.
    I must agree here. Unless your curiosity is great enough to make any price justifiable, pursuing the name is most unwise.

Needless to say, my curiosity is insatiable and I am quite prepared to pay truly horrific costs to learn the name. Unless the same can be said of you, I'd back out now. The things you loose will only grow greater as you proceed.

17. - Top - End - #557
    Ettin in the Playground

Uh-Oh....I am now Seeking Mr. Eatens name ><
    Spoiler
    Show
    It happened because I took the "Requires Unaccountably hungry 1" option for a Dream thing(I think it was the Water one).
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2012-02-28 at 08:00 PM.

18. - Top - End - #558
    Troll in the Playground

Uh-Oh....I am now Seeking Mr. Eatens name ><
    Spoiler
    Show
    It happened because I took the "Requires Unaccountably hungry 1" option for a Dream thing(I think it was the Water one).
    Don't worry, there's an option on every single card for you to drop it.

Do it as soon as the option comes up and you can avoid anything untoward happening.

In general though, avoid options linked to Unaccountably Peckish if you don't want to Seek the Name. The two are somewhat linked.

19. - Top - End - #559
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    In general though, avoid options linked to Unaccountably Peckish if you don't want to Seek the Name. The two are somewhat linked.
    That's what got me in the first place.
    ~Oh cool, there is this dude in a well. Could that be this "Mr. Eaten" I keep hearing about? Oh, I'm really hungry now? And this guy is named Mr. Eaten? I am going to get on bottom of this!~
    Too late now, I suppose
    ---

20. - Top - End - #560
    Ettin in the Playground

Don't worry, there's an option on every single card for you to drop it.

Do it as soon as the option comes up and you can avoid anything untoward happening.

Hmm, interesting to know. what's really scary, is it honestly appears as though you all here on the thread are truly warning people away from the storyline! LOL. Are the things that happen that monstrous, or is it just dramatic flair? ^^

On another note: The regretful soldier(or whatever his name). someone mentioned I could get acquainted with him by going to watchmakers hill and waiting for an opportunity card as long as my dangerous was 45. Does my dangerous have to be fairly close to 45, or am I fine with my 109 base Dangerous? Should I Lower it with some negative stat equipment? I've gone through about 50-70 cards in the last day and a half, and still no sign of him :-(

21. - Top - End - #561
    Bugbear in the Playground

No idea about the solider unfortunately. The only thing I can suggest it time.

As for Seeking the Name, I would stop this foolish course of action now. It will only end in disaster.

Seriously though, it is a really bad idea. You end up dead, incarcerated, and soulless. Multiple times. You lose connections, valuables, attribute points, and the game says you will lose more. Heed our warnings.

I actually sought the name once just so that when Mr.Irons told me stop, I could. I had hoped following his advice might net me a point of Connected: Masters of the Bazaar, but all that happened was a decrease in steadfast. Still, glad I quit when I could.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Rogers
    "When I say it's you I like, I'm talking about that part of you that knows that life is far more than anything you can ever see or hear or touch. That deep part of you that allows you to stand for those things without which humankind cannot survive. Love that conquers hate, peace that rises triumphant over war, and justice that proves more powerful than greed."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mother Teresa
    If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one

22. - Top - End - #562
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Nil View Post
    No idea about the solider unfortunately. The only thing I can suggest it time.

As for Seeking the Name, I would stop this foolish course of action now. It will only end in disaster.

Seriously though, it is a really bad idea. You end up dead, incarcerated, and soulless. Multiple times. You lose connections, valuables, attribute points, and the game says you will lose more. Heed our warnings.

I actually sought the name once just so that when Mr.Irons told me stop, I could. I had hoped following his advice might net me a point of Connected: Masters of the Bazaar, but all that happened was a decrease in steadfast. Still, glad I quit when I could.
    Sadly, after reading all of that, all I can see inside my head is "Once you figure it out, you'll have one HELL OF A REWARD". LOL

Does sound pretty insane though!

23. - Top - End - #563
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm, interesting to know. what's really scary, is it honestly appears as though you all here on the thread are truly warning people away from the storyline! LOL. Are the things that happen that monstrous, or is it just dramatic flair? ^^
    It is really a bad idea. I just dabbled out of idle curiosity and ended up getting killed right at the start. I know it would be a terrible idea to continue. Just a name cannot possibly be worth the cost. And yet, I find myself obsessed.

What's more worrying is that my dreams are changing. Even the thunder said
    Spoiler
    Show
    North... go North... do not go North... never go North...

when everything used to point me there

24. - Top - End - #564
    Ogre in the Playground

A little of both.

You will die, you will lose your soul, you will lose Significant Connected qualities. You will lose items you will lose Dangerous, Watchful, Persuasive, and Shadowy.

Seeking the Name is a task which can surely only bring nothing but despair.

25. - Top - End - #565
    Troll in the Playground

On another note: The regretful soldier(or whatever his name). someone mentioned I could get acquainted with him by going to watchmakers hill and waiting for an opportunity card as long as my dangerous was 45. Does my dangerous have to be fairly close to 45, or am I fine with my 109 base Dangerous? Should I Lower it with some negative stat equipment? I've gone through about 50-70 cards in the last day and a half, and still no sign of him :-(
    We really are. The warnings aren't just for show, we don't want you to press on and then suddenly realise later that you've just sacrificed months of work for no reward what so ever. The costs aren't too bad, to start with, but they grow rapidly.

If you're looking for the Soldier, I'd keep as much stat-decreasing gear on as you can. Though even that may not be enough.

Sadly, after reading all of that, all I can see inside my head is "Once you figure it out, you'll have one HELL OF A REWARD". LOL

Does sound pretty insane though!
    There is no reward. Whatsoever.

I believe one of the devs is on record as stating that there is not, and never will be, any sort of reward for the Seeking Mr. Eaten's Name storyline. One mentioned that he was tempted to make the final step cost some staggering amount of Fate for the privilege of permanently erasing your entire character, to give you an idea of the direction this storyline goes (though it's unlikely they'll go that far, but expect just about anything short of that).

It is nothing but an unending stream of steadily greater costs. The first step looses you all of your Connected: The Masters. Subsequent steps will drain your main qualities, inflict truly massive amounts of Menace, ruin your Connections, give away your soul and all manner of other terrible things. Multiple times over.

Speculation is that a future step may destroy your ship and/or lodgings.

If you are going into this under the illusion that there is some sort of reward at the end, stop. There is no reward, there is no in-game benefit at all.

26. - Top - End - #566
    Troll in the Playground

Yo, I have a boxed cat, my name on Twitter is ImposteurInRed. Anyone wants one?
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode

27. - Top - End - #567
    Ettin in the Playground

We really are. The warnings aren't just for show, we don't want you to press on and then suddenly realise later that you've just sacrificed months of work for no reward what so ever. The costs aren't too bad, to start with, but they grow rapidly.

If you're looking for the Soldier, I'd keep as much stat-decreasing gear on as you can. Though even that may not be enough.

There is no reward. Whatsoever.

I believe one of the devs is on record as stating that there is not, and never will be, any sort of reward for the Seeking Mr. Eaten's Name storyline. One mentioned that he was tempted to make the final step cost some staggering amount of Fate for the privilege of permanently erasing your entire character, to give you an idea of the direction this storyline goes (though it's unlikely they'll go that far, but expect just about anything short of that).

It is nothing but an unending stream of steadily greater costs. The first step looses you all of your Connected: The Masters. Subsequent steps will drain your main qualities, inflict truly massive amounts of Menace, ruin your Connections, give away your soul and all manner of other terrible things. Multiple times over.

Speculation is that a future step may destroy your ship and/or lodgings.

If you are going into this under the illusion that there is some sort of reward at the end, stop. There is no reward, there is no in-game benefit at all.
    Wow, that is honestly quite depressing sounding :-(. Still....even with no reward, knowing the true name of one of the masters of the city, I think it could very well be worth it. I don't have a soul anyways, sold mine to a devil quite a while back, like...before any of my main qualities were even 50, lol. The loss of everything else sounds lousy, but again, it IS a master of the bazaar. Just the knowing would be pretty cool.

on another note, I wonder if they would at least give you a call title for all that trouble ^^ Nothing tangible, but something you could echo would be cool.

28. - Top - End - #568
    Ogre in the Playground

Wow, that is honestly quite depressing sounding :-(. Still....even with no reward, knowing the true name of one of the masters of the city, I think it could very well be worth it. I don't have a soul anyways, sold mine to a devil quite a while back, like...before any of my main qualities were even 50, lol.
    You'll be needing it back. Mostly because you'll have to lose and regain it another seven times to learn the number of candles.

29. - Top - End - #569
    Troll in the Playground

Wow, that is honestly quite depressing sounding :-(. Still....even with no reward, knowing the true name of one of the masters of the city, I think it could very well be worth it. I don't have a soul anyways, sold mine to a devil quite a while back, like...before any of my main qualities were even 50, lol. The loss of everything else sounds lousy, but again, it IS a master of the bazaar. Just the knowing would be pretty cool.
    Then it sounds like you have the right frame of mind for pursuing it. Welcome to the ranks.

But yes, as Aidan said, you will need to recover your soul for this.

30. - Top - End - #570
    Orc in the Playground

I'll just have to add, they will give some reward.
    "Are you guys ever going to finish Seeking Mr. Eaten’s Name?

We're going to finish all the content in the game, unless we die or go bust first. There are no abandoned threads: we want to tell all the stories, we’re really passionate about this stuff. "
    That is qouted from their blog, I think there is some other piece of information, but I can't seem the find the search function there
    Here is the blog, so you can all subscribe it, it's really really good.
    ---