New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Default Re: World of Tanks II: Fighting, Bragging, Raging Edition - All aboard the Lemming Tr

Quote Originally Posted by psilontech View Post
    Not seeing the point of being in a clan and participating in clan wars under a leadership who would not reward our actions, a large number of the reserve force, including myself, decided to leave for greener pastures.
    Ah, the life of a mercenary, eh?

EDIT: The S-51 shots cost more than 1000 silver each. That's more than it takes to repair some of the tanks I'm shooting at. And that's just with the 152mm!
    Last edited by Reaver225; 2012-06-09 at 06:04 AM.
    *waves hand* "There are no plotholes here. This isn't the comic you are looking for..."
    Possibility of Interminable Reciprocity! For that Touhou Roleplaying game you always wanted to join, but never managed to!

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: World of Tanks II: Fighting, Bragging, Raging Edition - All aboard the Lemming Tr

The 203mm costs roughly the same, and has the effect of actually damaging enemies enough for you to turn a comfortable profit.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reaver225 View Post
    Ah, the life of a mercenary, eh?

EDIT: The S-51 shots cost more than 1000 silver each. That's more than it takes to repair some of the tanks I'm shooting at. And that's just with the 152mm!
    If you quake at that cost then stop now ~ High Level combat is expensive.
    In a good match i can make a profit in my S-51 but if its been a sparse match with many misses then it can be a credit loss even on a win and if it was a loss then its even worse.

The Fine for TKing should be much more harsh (yes even for unintentional TKs) Getting 619 credits compensation for a T7 Heavy that was TKed by a Ferdinand is not good enough. It should be at least half the average cost of repair if not the whole cost then people would be less inclined to do it or take risky shots that could lead to it
    Last edited by Leon; 2012-06-09 at 12:08 PM.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

4. - Top - End - #154

Yay, finally a game in which I actually felt useful, in a SU-76 (which I still suck at), at Siegfried Line (a map which I still suck at).

I would have been much more useful if I hadn't gone up against that Hetzer. Where on earth do you hit a Hetzer, if it's facing you? The base of the gun, right? I'm not good enough to hit the viewpoint, and hitting anywhere else on their frontal armour doesn't do jack even at near-point-blank range.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Yay, finally a game in which I actually felt useful, in a SU-76 (which I still suck at), at Siegfried Line (a map which I still suck at).

I would have been much more useful if I hadn't gone up against that Hetzer. Where on earth do you hit a Hetzer, if it's facing you? The base of the gun, right? I'm not good enough to hit the viewpoint, and hitting anywhere else on their frontal armour doesn't do jack even at near-point-blank range.
    Anywhere that is not their frontal armour? I kid, the Hetzer's frontal should be easily penetrated by your gun, after all. The more important question is why you're engaging him in point blank range to be with.
    Last edited by Grif; 2012-06-09 at 06:59 PM.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Colossus in the Playground

EDIT: Pointless Rant:
    Spoiler
    Show
    What's it with bad games coming en masse? Tried to play my wins of the day tonight, lost like 80% of my games where I was invariably bot tier; what are you supposed to do in a Tier 8 game as a Sherman? Why do the enemies deserve to win every time? Brings me back to the days when I nuked my KV-2 win rate to 35%...
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2012-06-09 at 09:23 PM. Reason: IDK why I posted this in the first place.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    If you quake at that cost then stop now ~ High Level combat is expensive.
    In a good match i can make a profit in my S-51 but if its been a sparse match with many misses then it can be a credit loss even on a win and if it was a loss then its even worse.
    Augh. I already dislike taking my T-50-2 out due to the ridiculous 9,000 repair bill... At least I'll be doing damage with my shots more often than not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Basically hit it where the armour is flat, anywhere. But try not to engage Hetzer frontal armour, it's too curved to go through most of it.
    *waves hand* "There are no plotholes here. This isn't the comic you are looking for..."
    Possibility of Interminable Reciprocity! For that Touhou Roleplaying game you always wanted to join, but never managed to!

8. - Top - End - #158

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    What's it with bad games coming en masse? Tried to play my wins of the day tonight, lost like 80% of my games where I was invariably bot tier; what are you supposed to do in a Tier 8 game as a Sherman? Why do the enemies deserve to win every time? Brings me back to the days when I nuked my KV-2 win rate to 35%...
    Specials seem to have that effect.

Augh. I already dislike taking my T-50-2 out due to the ridiculous 9,000 repair bill... At least I'll be doing damage with my shots more often than not.
    Its why i don't drive my T-54 anymore unless i am in a Platoon as if i am solo I'll rush and do something silly and the T-54 is to costly to do silly things in.
    Last edited by Leon; 2012-06-09 at 11:36 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground

So I just got my 3rd Steel Wall. First one was on a D1, surprising but not too bad considering decent armor and a lot of low pen shots in those games, second was AMX40, about the same as the D1.
    This last one I wouldn't have expected at all... in my JagdPzIV. Right at 11 hits, with 7% life left, I should have died for sure but the T-34 pulled back at just the wrong time and bought me enough time to hide from their arties to let our arties kill him.

10. - Top - End - #160

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Anywhere that is not their frontal armour? I kid, the Hetzer's frontal should be easily penetrated by your gun, after all. The more important question is why you're engaging him in point blank range to be with.
    Mmm, My first shot almost killed him, but my second didn't ricocheted, and the SU-76 has next to no armour...

It was inside the city, and the guys on one side of the city had completely failed at not-letting-people-get-past-them, so I had to turn around to face a handful of tanks that were about to break past and get our arty.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

11. - Top - End - #161

3 Snipers in a Row on my Tiger tonight. Care of the Weekend Special i have made over a Million Credits mostly with the Tiger
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

12. - Top - End - #162
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Perhaps because you play until you get that X2 game win then switch tanks so your winning games only come once out of several matches?

13. - Top - End - #163

Perhaps because you play until you get that X2 game win then switch tanks so your winning games only come once out of several matches?
    If I play more on one of those days on any given tank, I keep losing more than I keep winning I've noticed; at best I've wrested 50% win rates after a losing spree by playing a lot (50% win rates after the first win; still in negatives overall).
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Barbarian in the Playground

I had the strangest freaking game of my life last night. I'm loading into a game in my Tiger, a rare tier seven capped match, mostly tier fives with myself and another tiger on the other team the only tier sevens.

It takes a freakishly long time for the map to try and load (Himmelsdorf) before it gave up and crashed on me. Load the game back up, try to join the game again, it does the same thing. Start the game a third time, FINALLY get into the game and I see something I wish I had taken a screenshot of.

My entire team is dead. The entirety of the enemy team is dead sans the enemy Tiger. He has 14 kills and he's just SITTING THERE, STARING AT ME.
    He's at 3% health, I'm not much better off and I don't move my turret to let him know I'm finally in the game before typing over all-chat, "Jesus Christ, how horrifying." before quickly turning my turret and blamming him to death.

I felt kind of bad, but... he really, really should have killed me while I was loading the map.
    Master of Orion II: Let's Play! Of Klackons and Gnolams

"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master." - Pravin Lal

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

My entire team is dead. The entirety of the enemy team is dead sans the enemy Tiger. He has 14 kills and he's just SITTING THERE, STARING AT ME.
    He's at 3% health, I'm not much better off and I don't move my turret to let him know I'm finally in the game before typing over all-chat, "Jesus Christ, how horrifying." before quickly turning my turret and blamming him to death.

I felt kind of bad, but... he really, really should have killed me while I was loading the map.
    How much ammo does a tiger carry? Is it possible he ran out of ammo prior to killing you and knew he couldn't ram you to death without killing himself?

16. - Top - End - #166
    Dwarf in the Playground

That's absolutely hilarious.

In the meantime, I managed to kill 4 tanks in 6 seconds today, and survive with a total of seven kills. And it was glorious. Admittedly, all light tanks and arty/TDs, but just so much of a rush-!

The church map; a whole wad of enemies at the end of the long road that leads into the central hill area, held up by an M4 and an SU-85. Both sides are being battered heavily, but I sweep round the side road to hit them from behind - shoot the Luchs, killing him, rammed the M2 - glorious explosion. Took a second shot at the B1 there, he keeps aiming forwards - ramming into the BT-7 who had only started to notice me. Boom. Last shot right into the B1, totalling it. Four tanks dead in a spate of heartbeats, and then I managed to squeeze past the empty husks to safety.

Sadly it trapped the M4 and SU-85 who had to push past the dead tanks, and the tank destroyer died while waiting for the M4 to clear a path, but after that I managed to take down a Marder II, a Wespe and a Sturmpanzer II at the enemy base. Helped cap.

Absolutely fantastic match.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #167

Quite likely if he had the short 88, that thing fails to penetrate the weirdest things and on the weirdest spots.

I have run out of ammo before when on my Lowe shooting of all things an IS8 in the back of the turret and engine.
    The thing was covered in damage decals but...it stayed at 100% throughout this.

A bunch of people on my team were saying I was a **** shot untill one guy went that something fishy was up with the IS8 since I was hitting it (and penetrating quite often) pretty much with every single shot (and YES I ended up using ALL my ammo, including the HE).

That is 40 shells, 8 minutes of shooting, and 32 out of those 40 shells were registered by the game as hits (18 were penetrating hits...).
    I NEVER spend soo much creds on a loss as this.

Just for your info:

Lowe gun
    320/320/420 damage
    234/294/60 penetration

versus

IS8
    201/129/50 armour

When asked the IS8 driver said he was getting some turret damaged crits every soo many seconds or his engine was blown up.
    I must have critted everything on his tank except the crew and the ammo rack and I did not cause any fires :(.

18. - Top - End - #168

Spoiler
    Show
    I had the strangest freaking game of my life last night. I'm loading into a game in my Tiger, a rare tier seven capped match, mostly tier fives with myself and another tiger on the other team the only tier sevens.

It takes a freakishly long time for the map to try and load (Himmelsdorf) before it gave up and crashed on me. Load the game back up, try to join the game again, it does the same thing. Start the game a third time, FINALLY get into the game and I see something I wish I had taken a screenshot of.

A heavily damaged Tiger is likely to have a Damaged ammo rack (maybe a dead loader too) and a rather long reload time.

As to Ammo: Long 88 is 72 shells and Short 88 is 92 Shells

Had a awesome battle on Komorin in my Marder: Sat on South side defense and killed 5 of the 7 tanks that tried to cap then rolled up the side in last few mins and popped 3 Bisons in the back.

Just Completed my 7000th Battle with a Win on Malinkova in my M2 Light (Confederate & 3 kills)
    Last edited by Leon; 2012-06-11 at 05:58 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

19. - Top - End - #169
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Hmm, WG announced Tier X Medium Tanks and Tank Destroyers. Will be interesting to see how they address balancing of said vehicles.

Full article here:
    http://worldoftanks.eu/news/2700-tie...nk-destroyers/

Also have to say that German Tier X tank destroyer obviously isn't compensating for anything with 17cm PaK 45 gun.

Other thing to note is that French tanks from AMX 12t upwards are going to be raised a tier upwards when this update comes. There is going to be new ELC AMX light tank to replace AMX 12t as tier 5 tank.

Edit:

Just had my best game with PzIV at least experience wise. It was Tier 8 capped game. It was in Cliff we went to the hill next to big valley on the edge of map with Eldariel. Basically I stayed whole match there and took pot shots to everybody. I managed to kill three tanks (one of them was Löwe), which ties me in kills with Type. More importantly I got Confederate award. Ended up with 3112xp(first win of the day so with x2) and 38k money without premium.

End results:
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by groz_nez; 2012-06-12 at 11:43 AM.

20. - Top - End - #170

Congratz. I assume you got the tank mastery: ace badge out of that fight?

"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master." - Pravin Lal

21. - Top - End - #171
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Congratz. I assume you got the tank mastery: ace badge out of that fight?
    Thank you and I already had Ace Tanker badge so answer is no.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ettin in the Playground

I could have sworn the confederate badge required 8 damaging non-kills. I could have sworn I had 7 in a few matches and didn't get the badge.

23. - Top - End - #173

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    I could have sworn the confederate badge required 8 damaging non-kills. I could have sworn I had 7 in a few matches and didn't get the badge.
    Maybe those tanks survived 'til the end of the match? Leon pointed this out earlier when I was wondering wtf happened.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    This is the definition of Confederate currrently:

-Hit more enemy vehicles (at least six) than any other player on your team. These enemy vehicles must subsequently be destroyed by another player.

- If two or more players score an equal amount of hits, the achievement is granted to the player who earned more XP in the battle, including additional XP provided to Premium Account users.

- If the amount of XP is equal as well, the achievement is not granted.

So it only requires minimum of six but the catch is that they have to be destroyed otherwise vehicle is not counted.

This conversation actually reminded me about a match, in which receiver of Top Gun award was not so obvious. So I dusted off these screenshots for others to see.

Spoiler
    Show

And the epic conclusion:
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #175

Wargamer technical support is... a bit lacking, as I've found out in the past week or so.

My problem: I had three free tank slots. I sold my T-34/85. It should have gone to four, right? Well, the x3 disappeared, leaving me with only a single extra tank slot. Thinking this was just the game being weird, I 'bought' a tier-1, thinking that the x3 would come back but instead leaving me with no extra tank slots, only the option to purchase more at the very end. I sold the lultraktor and restarted the game, thinking they might come back. They didn't.

So of course, having spent lots of time and a little money to get these slots, I submit a ticket on the WoT website outlining my problem. My response from the wargamer employee came down to 'we consolidated them into one slot, they're still there!', which was obviously a false assumption on the tech's side. I assert that this is not the case, that three of my slots HAVE disappeared as I have filled the one extra slot only to have the ticket closed as having been user error.

This was about a week ago and despite an email, have heard nothing back.

Frustrating, I needed at least one of those three slots...

26. - Top - End - #176
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Had the most awesome last 2 mins of a battle for me, ever.

In my elite Bactchat, on mountain pass. We start on the north spawn.

The battle goes moderately OK. Our heavies eventually push through north and are on the way to cap, but the rest of our team in the middle and south takes a savage beating. As I glance at the map in the closing minutes after finishing off the E75 guarding the middle route to their base, I realise our heavies in the north will be engaged again from the top of the hill near the enemy spawn before they can push through and cap, and that our last remaining TD (704) in the south is holding off 3 mediums (2 x t59 and 1 x E50)

I quickly realise I have two choices...

1 - Push through to the enemy base and hit the back of the last enemy defence, supporting our heavies.
    2 - Head back, and support the 704... he seems to be doing OK... the meds are (rightly) scared of his gun, he already took chunks out of the E50 and one of the 59s.

I realise that if the enemy meds get smart they can simply rush the 704 and be in our base LONG before our heavies would get to theirs, even with my flanking help.

So I go back.

Racing back over the bridge at 65, Ammo drum reloading, I tell the 704 I am coming. Just as I do... the 3 meds all rush the corner together. The E50 eats a BL10 shell to the face and evaporates... YES!... but the 704 is in trouble now... half health with a 59 either side of him. there is no chance I can get back in time to save him, so I divert to our base.

I take up a hull down position (not that the chat's turret armour will stop anything!) just on the edge of the corner cliff, behind a bush. And wait for the 59's to come round. I resign myself to death, and just hope I can deter them long enough for the heavies to do their thing.

Click - The drum has finished reloading. 6 shells ready to fire.
    Seconds later, The first 59 rounds the corner at full speed, he is not jinking, and is on about half health.
    I zoom, and take aim ahead of him, guessing where his track will be.
    The circle closes, I time the shot.
    BOOM! - 5 shells left, Direct hit to the left track.
    He spins wildly, ending up 90 degrees side on to me.
    BOOM! - 4 shells left. The shot was aimed into the right centre hull, under the turret... just where the ammo rack is. Damaged numbers light up above him.
    BOOM! - 3 shells left. Same place. He explodes.
    The second 59 rounds the corner. He knows i am there now and is trying to weave as much as he can without loosing too much speed.
    BOOM! - 2 shells left, Direct hit to the left track!
    Again, he too spins out, ending up in exactly the same position as the first one.
    Several of the dead team are watching and exclaim "lol! - gogogo batchat"
    BOOM! - 1 shell left, He is on 75% health, I only have one hope . Once again aiming for the centre rack. "Critical hit!" Yes! no explosion though
    BOOM Final shell, same place. AMMO RACKED!

1 bat chat, 6 shells, 2 awesome track shots, and two dead Type 59s

The rest of the team eventually finishes the enemy and we win. I sit back, safe in the knowledge that those two 59s would have capped long before our heavies did there thing. I won the game for us.

EPIC!
    Last edited by SanguisAevum; 2012-06-13 at 08:21 AM.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by SanguisAevum View Post

1 bat chat, 6 shells, 2 awesome track shots, and two dead Type 59s
    Epic play and win!

That is what I'm hoping to achieve someday, when I've finished the painful grind though AMX 38 and AMX 40. Firstly though, I would be very happy to just get my AMX 12t and experience the awesomeness of the gun cylinder (or what ever it is called). Of course the fact that you can relocate very quickly, will be huge boon also.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Bugbear in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by groz_nez View Post
    That is what I'm hoping to achieve someday, when I've finished the painful grind though AMX 38 and AMX 40.
    If you think that AMX38/40 is a painful grind and are going to grind AMX12t and 13 75, you're going to have a bad time.

Then again, 13 90 is well worth it.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by darksolitaire View Post
    If you think that AMX38/40 is a painful grind and are going to grind AMX12t and 13 75, you're going to have a bad time.

Then again, 13 90 is well worth it.
    I LOVED the line from the 12t onwards.

Sure, in the 12t and 1375, you sometimes get harsh match ups. But on the whole, i found them worth the grind through the lame ducks that came before them.

and yes, i defy you to not have a OMG! moment the first few times you take your 1390 out :)

30. - Top - End - #180

My 1390 is still sluggish i have not unlocked the top engine but ive had some fun with it - i didn't take it out at all until i had enough free exp to unlock the 90mm.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet