New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Super Power Lottery

Quote Originally Posted by pffh View Post
    There are still opposites, things that are of equal scale and things of different scales and so I exist.

Edit: Just looking through the wiki there are way to many powers that grant omnipotence. Including mine.
    And you still aren't getting it. I erased that entire concept. As in, it no longer exists. At all. Nor does your power. Nor does anything involved with your power. I then rewrite reality to the point that the status quo remains the same, but balance is not required in any manner.

You power is nice, yes. But it doesn't grant the same level of power as what me or Eldest have

Have a nice day.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    Many thanks to Snowfire for collating all these. He's a madman, but he's a helpful madman.
    Spoiler: Things
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Damn you Snowfire. I cried.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon777 View Post
    T_T I swear, you just made me cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Well, here's another for your sig, Snowfire.

<struck dumb>

2. - Top - End - #332
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Snowfire View Post
    And you still aren't getting it. I erased that entire concept. As in, it no longer exists. At all. Nor does your power. Nor does anything involved with your power. I then rewrite reality to the point that the status quo remains the same, but balance is not required in any manner.

You power is nice, yes. But it doesn't grant the same level of power as what me or Eldest have

Have a nice day.
    And I'll adapt to that and be right back. That infinite power and can adapt to anything clause kinda covers those instances as well.

As in you can't do anything to me and I can't do anything to you since we are both omnipotent.
    Last edited by pffh; 2012-11-01 at 07:53 PM.
    "Elephant trunks should be used for elephant things only. Nothing else."

Thank you Geomancer for the Death avatar.

My lets plays:
    Alien vs Predator: marine chapter - Completed
    Singularity - Canceled

3. - Top - End - #333
    Troll in the Playground

And I'll adapt to that and be right back. That infinite power and can adapt to anything clause kinda covers those instances as well.
    Except it doesn't when you have someone who is incapable of being adapted to. Which is the funny part. As I do.

So as I said, have a nice day not existing
    Many thanks to Snowfire for collating all these. He's a madman, but he's a helpful madman.
    Show

<struck dumb>

4. - Top - End - #334
    Ogre in the Playground

Except it doesn't when you have someone who is incapable of being adapted to. Which is the funny part. As I do.

So as I said, have a nice day not existing
    And now we are into nuhuh-yuhuh territory.

I would think 'anything' covers anything, including other omnipotent beings.

My lets plays:
    Singularity - Canceled

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ettin in the Playground

No, as a part of both of our abilities, we literally have "we are immune to it. Yes, even that." Balance doesn't contain that.

And you are correct, this wiki has a lot of absolute powers, which are very, very strong if you have imagination and willpower. It also has a lot of crappy powers. This is part of why people started trying to see if they could beat omnipotence.
    LGBTA+itP

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldest View Post
    No, as a part of both of our abilities, we literally have "we are immune to it. Yes, even that." Balance doesn't contain that.
    Aye which is why my feeble attempts to affect your powers won't work. But likewise I will adapt to anything you might throw at me meaning at worst we end up in a stalemate and the status quo remains the same.

My lets plays:
    Singularity - Canceled

7. - Top - End - #337
    Troll in the Playground

Aye which is why my feeble attempts to affect your powers won't work. But likewise I will adapt to anything you might throw at me meaning at worst we end up in a stalemate and the status quo remains the same.
    You misunderstand. Nowhere in your entry does it give you similar immunity. Which means we can, quite literally, write you out of existence in such a manner that you are incapable of adapting.

It's like the thought experiment about if an omnipotent created something utterly unliftable/unkillable/unwhatever, would they be able to lift/kill/whatever it?

The answer, as paradoxical as it sounds, is yes. So we are quite literally capable of making something that you are incapable of adapting to. And then murdering you with it (or y'know, inflicting whatever fate we please upon you) in such a way so that you are incapable of ever adapting to it.
    Show

<struck dumb>

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ettin in the Playground

You can adapt? How?
    Lets say Snowfire removes your power from you. What do you do?
    LGBTA+itP

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ogre in the Playground

I do not know but according to that page I will or maybe I'll just make it never have happened since I too have infinite power and can do anything.

Anyway I'm done.
    Last edited by pffh; 2012-11-01 at 08:39 PM.

My lets plays:
    Singularity - Canceled

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ogre in the Playground

And I'll stand around for a few days, watching the epic fray, before I get tired and I have to rest.
    Blank 3.5 Character Creator Iron Chef Style Tables (in Google Sheets)

Chairman Emeritus of Zinc Saucier.

Avatar by Derjuin, sing her praises to Elysium.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    So now you're claiming that spellcasting "lacks a clear, supernatural element?" Being supernatural is literally the only point of magic.

11. - Top - End - #341

The thing is if you remove the concept/force of Balance than you cause a domino effect where everything without expection follows suit as there is now nothing what-so-ever keeping anything in check.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by invinible View Post
    The thing is if you remove the concept/force of Balance than you cause a domino effect where everything without expection follows suit as there is now nothing what-so-ever keeping anything in check.
    Unless I rewrite reality so that Balance is actually not required to do that
    Show

<struck dumb>

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ogre in the Playground

Um, Snowfire, you know Omnilock explicitly states that the user is immune to all powers, right? Which sort of includes, y'know, the three you listed that made you aware of me.

Now. That said, as you pointed out, there are also a couple of flaws in that plan that don't rely on you knowing what I'm doing. So from my nice hidden non-real unspace, I use Nonexistence on the concept of pleasure. All kinds. At best, people will feel apathy, and considering all the stressors in the world, that's rather unlikely. And since Nonexistence erases memories too, and your point about knowing what I was doing would have been unnecessary if you felt that part didn't affect you, well... You would, in this case, almost certainly have to know what I did to put it right, since you can't even conceive of pleasure as a thing. And due to Omnilock, you can't know what I did.

Sure, I probably just royally screwed over the whole multiverse just to hurt you, but at least this way I should get you to kill yourself, rather than having to actually beat your defenses.

Of course, given that I'm using a set of powers that are functionally equivalent to Omnipotence, my original point (based on the understanding that all of those things you're listing were, y'know, potentials, if you thought to apply them, which makes more sense than them being automatic effects... ) that if you have a sufficiently clever plan and a way to keep the Omnipotent person unaware of it, lesser powers can be effective, is sort of moot in my case, but eh, whatever, it's fun to try to kill you.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-11-03 at 02:45 AM.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Bugbear in the Playground

I got Concussive Force. Is that some weird kind of telekenisis? But also makes you super-strong. Cool.

I edited it because I accidently just selected the elemental combat straight away.
    Last edited by Thattaman; 2012-11-03 at 04:41 AM.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Um, Snowfire, you know Omnilock explicitly states that the user is immune to all powers, right? Which sort of includes, y'know, the three you listed that made you aware of me.

Now. That said, as you pointed out, there are also a couple of flaws in that plan that don't rely on you knowing what I'm doing. So from my nice hidden non-real unspace, I use Nonexistence on the concept of pleasure. All kinds. At best, people will feel apathy, and considering all the stressors in the world, that's rather unlikely. And since Nonexistence erases memories too, and your point about knowing what I was doing would have been unnecessary if you felt that part didn't affect you, well... You would, in this case, almost certainly have to know what I did to put it right, since you can't even conceive of pleasure as a thing. And due to Omnilock, you can't know what I did.

Sure, I probably just royally screwed over the whole multiverse just to hurt you, but at least this way I should get you to kill yourself, rather than having to actually beat your defenses.

Of course, given that I'm using a set of powers that are functionally equivalent to Omnipotence, my original point (based on the understanding that all of those things you're listing were, y'know, potentials, if you thought to apply them, which makes more sense than them being automatic effects... ) that if you have a sufficiently clever plan and a way to keep the Omnipotent person unaware of it, lesser powers can be effective, is sort of moot in my case, but eh, whatever, it's fun to try to kill you.
    The issue is, I have Omnilock too. So I'm out there outside of existence with you as you're doing whatever you're doing. And I'm also flat out immune to you using Nonexistence on me - directly or indirectly (which is what you're doing). So you do that whole thing, and I then use Absolute Restoration coupled with Universal Irreversibility to put the universe back the way it was.

I then delete the concept of you, personally, having powers of any kind beyond human norm and go home.
    Show

<struck dumb>

16. - Top - End - #346
    Ogre in the Playground

The issue is, I have Omnilock too. So I'm out there outside of existence with you as you're doing whatever you're doing. And I'm also flat out immune to you using Nonexistence on me - directly or indirectly (which is what you're doing). So you do that whole thing, and I then use Absolute Restoration coupled with Universal Irreversibility to put the universe back the way it was.
    That is somewhat more difficult to get around, yes. Theoretically, as it makes no exception for itself, I'm still immune to your Omnilock.. But, as you said, you're immune to mine, too. So I suppose we both vanish in a flash of logic due to being completely paradoxical?

That, or we end up destroying all of reality for the same reason, and are still stuck outside of it, now with even more reason to kill each other.

And if you're immune to Nonexistence, even indirectly, why didn't you raise that point the first time, when I made any SO you might have nonexistent? Shouldn't that have been something you pointed out when I first used Nonexistence against you, rather than only when it's necessary to break the attack?

Quote Originally Posted by =Snowfire View Post
    I then delete the concept of you, personally, having powers of any kind beyond human norm and go home.
    In response to which I yawn, point out that Omnipotence is in my power set too, so neither of us can affect the other by your argument above, and head off to a universe you take less interest in.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-11-03 at 02:24 PM.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ettin in the Playground

In response to which I yawn, point out that Omnipotence is in my power set too, so neither of us can affect the other by your argument above, and head off to a universe you take less interest in.
    You're welcome in the one I'd be writing, so long as you don't mess with it.
    LGBTA+itP

18. - Top - End - #348
    Troll in the Playground

Can I come too? Not having to make sure everything stays reasonably normal would be...a blessing (all seriousness here, supreme power sucks!).
    Show

<struck dumb>

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ogre in the Playground

Sure, sounds good. (Not messing with it being defined as 'not fundamentally altering the structure of the world, anyway. I'll probably mess around politically and such, just not do anything that require powers other than immortality.)

20. - Top - End - #350
    Troll in the Playground

Sure, sounds good. (Not messing with it being defined as 'not fundamentally altering the structure of the world, anyway. I'll probably mess around politically and such, just not do anything that require powers other than immortality.)
    Heh.

Also, look at our quicktopic. There is third reply.
    Show

<struck dumb>

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ogre in the Playground

Heh.

Also, look at our quicktopic. There is third reply.
    There is 3.5th reply, too. You just can't see it until it becomes fourth reply.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Ettin in the Playground

Can I come too? Not having to make sure everything stays reasonably normal would be...a blessing (all seriousness here, supreme power sucks!).
    But of course. The more omnipotent being, the merrier!

I hope you enjoy steampunk, cultural diversity, large numbers of small islands, airships, landships, regular ships, and piracy.
    LGBTA+itP

23. - Top - End - #353
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

If two truly omnipotent beings exist in the same universe, this state of affairs will only continue until one of them places limits on what the other can do. Whichever one places a critical limit first is the one that wins, with the other one no longer being truly omnipotent from that moment on. Immunity to being limited by the other is, of course, exactly such a limit.

So, who acted first?
    Last edited by Douglas; 2012-11-03 at 11:20 PM.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

24. - Top - End - #354
    Troll in the Playground

I think we both did. Simultaneously...

*extends hand*

Truce?
    Show

<struck dumb>

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ogre in the Playground

But of course. The more omnipotent being, the merrier!

I hope you enjoy steampunk, cultural diversity, large numbers of small islands, airships, landships, regular ships, and piracy.
    Sounds good to me.

I think we both did. Simultaneously...

*extends hand*

Truce?
    If this is an offer to me, then I'll accept a truce quite readily.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ettin in the Playground

Look, if we really have to figure out who's strongest, it'd either be a tie or me. Since I'm either equally omnipotent as you guys, or (in the terms of an RPG) I'm the DM who wrote himself into the game, and you guys are Ao or any other overdiety of your choice.

But I don't like lording over people one bit (took a test, got 1/9 on "likes to control") so truce is good.
    LGBTA+itP

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ogre in the Playground

Only one way for you to settle this.

Replay the lottery.

Sig by Mornings
    My Art!

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cdr.Fallout View Post
    Only one way for you to settle this.

Replay the lottery.
    Bugger that, I like my power. And I'm perfectly happy with sharing absolute power.

Besides, the site has far too many absolutes. We've got three people, all with different named powers, that all have omnipotence, and two other guys who have stuff that, with creativity, approximates omnipotence. And we have the LUTAS people too.
    LGBTA+itP

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ogre in the Playground

Technically, if I'm one of the three you mentioned, I have, like Omnipotence+ or something. I didn't actually get a power, I got a list, and it included Omnipotence, plus a bunch of the other really powerful things.

So mine, at least, was more a condition of the rules of the lottery, namely that those who get lists have everything on them, than that it has too many absolutes (though I do agree that that's the case).

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ettin in the Playground

Technically, if I'm one of the three you mentioned, I have, like Omnipotence+ or something. I didn't actually get a power, I got a list, and it included Omnipotence, plus a bunch of the other really powerful things.

So mine, at least, was more a condition of the rules of the lottery, namely that those who get lists have everything on them, than that it has too many absolutes (though I do agree that that's the case).
    No, you're one of the ones with straight omnipotence: I meant whoever got Balance and whoever got Truth Manipulation for the faux-omnipotence. Would you mind linking your's again, I'm curious and I can't seem to find it.
    LGBTA+itP