New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXII: Mutual agreement? What's that?

Quote Originally Posted by Tired N' Drowzy View Post
    Please don't spam the forums.

Also: Yes, dogs do do none of that. Sure, they do need to be potty trained, but that's about it. Dogs feel attachment to owners. Dogs will actually play with you (not just petting and scratching), and, although they're slightly obnoxious when they bark, it's hilarious; mine is 15 pounds, and she always tries to pick fights with dogs ten times her size.

Q: I have a dog, and I've never had a cat, and I've been bitten by cats at least ten times as much as I've been bitten by dogs. Plus, unless you pick them up off the street, there's no chance they have rabies; if you do, there's a very slim chance.

Dogs can ask for food or to go outside; cats will instead go ahead and steal food from your cupboards/counters, as they can climb on stuff.

Vampire: My dog is much cuter than that. Her ears are at least four times as big, her eyes are twice as big, her snout is a more baby-like proportion (as opposed to scrunched), and she's almost nine years old. That kitty looks ugly. I feel sorry for it.

Rand: I approve.

Also, trump card: dogs are fun to be licked by. When cats lick you, it feels like gravel is being scratched across your hand or face.

EDIT:
    Badass dog.
    Spoiler
    Show

'Badass Cat' typed into Google Images... WTF...
    Spoiler
    Show

Seriously, the cat looks like it's confused. I bet the poor thing got glued there... And that dog has some issues, though not nearly as many as that abused cat.
    Cats are loners and hunt at night, that is cool to me. My cats don't do any of that I told you But let us not fight about it and just accept them as parts of the cycle of life

EDIT: Oh and they named a dog after my people, YAY! (Great Dane/grand danois)
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2009-06-12 at 04:28 PM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXII: Mutual agreement? What's that?

Now that's a badass cat.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXII: Mutual agreement? What's that?

I do believe we're talking about house cats, Mad. <.<

4. - Top - End - #124
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    Now that's a badass cat.
    Whar'd Chang go?

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXII: Mutual agreement? What's that?

Now that's a badass cat.
    Normal cats can look badass too, especially if it's at night (glowy eyes, silent movement, etc.)
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Orc in the Playground

Please don't spam the forums.
    It's not spamming. I posted a picture to prove a point instead of arguing with a wall of text.

Also: Yes, dogs do do none of that. Sure, they do need to be potty trained, but that's about it. Dogs feel attachment to owners. Dogs will actually play with you (not just petting and scratching), and, although they're slightly obnoxious when they bark, it's hilarious; mine is 15 pounds, and she always tries to pick fights with dogs ten times her size.
    Cats play with you too. A feather or fake mouse on a string can be great fun with a cat. And the 15 pound dog is hilarious. But the main thing is, dogs are normally pack animals while cats are solitary. So, dogs do make for a bit better pet. Some poeple (like me) just like cats better.

Dogs can ask for food or to go outside; cats will instead go ahead and steal food from your cupboards/counters, as they can climb on stuff.
    Cats can ask to go outside by scratching on the screen. And they can ask for food to, they just get it themselves because they know how and they're more independant than dogs.

Vampire: My dog is much cuter than that. Her ears are at least four times as big, her eyes are twice as big, her snout is a more baby-like proportion (as opposed to scrunched), and she's almost nine years old. That kitty looks ugly. I feel sorry for it.
    Both kitten and puppy are both extremely cute. That was my point.

Also, trump card: dogs are fun to be licked by. When cats lick you, it feels like gravel is being scratched across your hand or face.
    Yes. Dog licks are much less scratchy. But lots of people find the incredible amount of dog saliva in one lick repulsive. It really is a matter of your personal preferences.

Badass dog.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Huskies are awesome.

'Badass Cat' typed into Google Images... WTF...
    Spoiler
    Show

Seriously, the cat looks like it's confused. I bet the poor thing got glued there... And that dog has some issues, though not nearly as many as that abused cat.
    And that's why I didn't use that particular picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

7. - Top - End - #127
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    And just because a dog plays with you doesn't mean he's doing it for your enjoyment. Dogs don't care about humans just as much as cats don't. They're just more active.
    See, but that's the thing. Dogs don't always do it for your enjoyment, but they do like to play with their owners simply to form a bond with them, much in the same way children would rather play together than go to some drifter on the street. Cats don't mind, as long as they have fun. Dogs like the attachment in addition to the fun.

Plus, dogs can tell when you're upset, and come walk up to you, lick your hand, and show you how cute they are to make you happy again. I doubt cats ever do that, as they don't give a rat's ass about your condition.

@Vampire: Your last comment made me laugh.

And you posted a LOLcat. How is this not spamming?

@Keveak: Never, as I'd then be living a lie. I must prove the awesomeness of dogs with logic in a heated debate; I will not come out as 'the better man' who can shy away from the issue. I will be the guy who makes his opponent regret liking what they like. That is how strongly I feel about this pointless debate.
    Last edited by Wreckingrocc; 2009-06-12 at 04:45 PM.
    The artist formerly known as Tired N' Drowzy, master of puns.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

Utonagans, cross breeds of German Sheperds and Huskies, as well as some minor mix ins here and there are real badass. They look exactly like wolves.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Banned

Can we talk about something else?

10. - Top - End - #130
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Threeshades View Post
    Utonagans, cross breeds of German Sheperds and Huskies, as well as some minor mix ins here and there are real badass. They look exactly like wolves.
    ...or you can just get a Siberian Huskey.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

See, but that's the thing. Dogs don't always do it for your enjoyment, but they do like to play with their owners simply to form a bond with them, much in the same way children would rather play together than go to some drifter on the street. Cats don't mind, as long as they have fun. Dogs like the attachment in addition to the fun.

Plus, dogs can tell when you're upset, and come walk up to you, lick your hand, and show you how cute they are to make you happy again. I doubt cats ever do that, as they don't give a rat's ass about your condition.
    See, but here's the reality: Dogs don't do anything for you at all. We all might like to think they do, but they don't. Not intentionally.

They suck up to you not because they like you or anything, but because it benefits them. They don't form a bond with their owners, they just know that their owners won't kill them and will feed them. If you die and are replaced, dogs will notice, but worry about themselves rather then you and worry that the new guy might not feed them the same way.

Cats might not care as well, but at least they admit it. Sort of.

And yes, my cats have cheered me up in the past. A lot more then my past dogs have. *&^%#ing mutts.
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2009-06-12 at 04:50 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Gentlemen (and ladies), I need your help. We must capture Nameless, and remove his hood. I have to discover the truth about his face!

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Xartyve2 View Post
    Can we talk about something else?
    I finished my part of the debate long ago, so yeah NEXT TOPIC!
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanie Lirle View Post
    I do believe we're talking about house cats, Mad. <.<
    I knew someone who had a house cougar.

So it's not a stretch that some tigers are house (big) cats.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    Gentlemen (and ladies), I need your help. We must capture Nameless, and remove his hood. I have to discover the truth about his face!
    I am here you know.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    I am here you know.
    Damn!

I, um, was joking?

Seriously guys, warm me about stuff like this before I start plotting!

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Gentlemen (and ladies), I need your help. We must capture Nameless, and remove his hood.
    That sounds dirty.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

I knew someone who had a house cougar.

So it's not a stretch that some tigers are house (big) cats.
    Actually, I once new a guy who had a pet tiger. He let it sleep in bed with his son. When it died, it was stuffed and put into their living room.

True stroy.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #139

Damn!

I, um, was joking?

Seriously guys, warm me about stuff like this before I start plotting!
    What are you talking about? I didnt hear anything!

20. - Top - End - #140

See, but here's the reality: Dogs don't do anything for you at all. We all might like to think they do, but they don't. Not intentionally.

They suck up to you not because they like you or anything, but because it benefits them. They don't form a bond with their owners, they just know that their owners won't kill them and will feed them. If you die and are replaced, dogs will notice, but worry about themselves rather then you and worry that the new guy might not feed them the same way.

Cats might not care as well, but at least they admit it. Sort of.

And yes, my cats have cheered me up in the past. A lot more then my past dogs have. *&^%#ing mutts.
    ...Q, did you remember to take your medication this morning?

WTF are you talking about...?

I'm sure you're going to continue and say that World War II never really happened, and it was all a conspiracy to try to get people to hate Germany and Japan for no reason... Or maybe that the Swine Flu was started by a racist government with civilians resistant to it as an attempt to kill off the rest of the world.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Threeshades View Post
    That sounds dirty.

>.>
    <.<

22. - Top - End - #142
    Troll in the Playground

Actually, I once new a guy who had a pet tiger. He let it sleep in bed with his son. When it died, it was stuffed and put into their living room.

True stroy.
    Was its name 'Hobbes'?

23. - Top - End - #143
    Troll in the Playground

...Q, did you remember to take your medication this morning?

WTF are you talking about...?

I'm sure you're going to continue and say that World War II never really happened, and it was all a conspiracy to try to get people to hate Germany and Japan for no reason... Or maybe that the Swine Flu was started by a racist government with civilians resistant to it as an attempt to kill off the rest of the world.
    I take offence to that.

But I tire of this arguement. Let's just agree that both cats and dogs rule, but some of them (like your cats and my dogs, and Garfield and Maraduke) suck.

Okay? Can we agree to that?

@^: No it wasn't. I can't remember it's name, actually. I think it was a human's name, though.
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2009-06-12 at 05:02 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #144

Ladies and Gentlemen, Nameless - the hood
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2009-06-12 at 05:03 PM.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

Wasn't there already an entire thread dedicated to what Nameless looked like without the reaper get up?

26. - Top - End - #146

I take offence to that.

But I tire of this arguement. Let's just agree that both cats and dogs rule, but some of them (like your cats and my dogs, and Garfield and Maraduke) suck.

Okay? Can we agree to that?

@^: No it wasn't. I can't remember it's name, actually. I think it was a human's name, though.
    See, but that's the thing. I never made the mistake of buying a cat.

Also, what is "offence?"

I kinda feel like you're trying to back out of the debate with a "let's just say we're both winners" kind of approach. But you entered into it, and I'm not gonna back out until I've won. Your points are... Shall we say... Lacking. I'd like to see either some counter-arguments or a surrender here.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Orc in the Playground

Under his hood, Nameless is...

Spoiler
    Show
    The Monster in the Darkness!

Nexus characters

28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground

No, under the hood, instead of a head he has
    Spoiler
    Show
    boobies.

29. - Top - End - #149

I still think he has cat-ears....
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #150
    Orc in the Playground

I have decided this dog vs. cat war must end. These are my points:

Both puppies and kittens are extremely cute. Neither is cuter than the other, as it really depends on the individual animals appearances.

Both dogs and cats, due to their wild ancestry, are badass.

Both dogs and cats make excellent pets. Which one is better depends on the individual animals personalities and behaviors, and the owner's preferences.

Both dogs and cats are insignificant compared to the complete awesomeness that is...

Spoiler
    Show
    Penguins!

Last edited by VampireRot; 2009-06-12 at 05:18 PM.

Nexus characters