New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Radikalskippy's Random Banter #85 of lost ideas and where to find them...

Quote Originally Posted by Malmagor Andrigal View Post
    Well, i read that from a book i bought there, that showed some urban legends of Buenos Aires; like the ghost of Eva Perón, the diabolic chatroom, the forbbiden tatoo, etc.

the book was called "Buenos Aires es legenda 2"; i tried to find the first one, but i wasn't lucky enough
    I have to find that, I love urban legends. They tell lots of a particular culture.

BTW, so much posting in english is getting to your spanish spelling; it's "leyenda" :D Don't worry, same things happen to me...

Since I'm in this forum I'm sad to report that both my english and my (written) spanish have gotten worse. And that sucks because I have a lot of exams to take which require a high level of english production...which I definitely don't have as of late. Crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Ego Slayer View Post
    That's awesome! We've got some like that here. Just last week my cousin found one...
    Awesome as in "I wouldn't mind finding one in my bedroom"? :p
    I didn't think so :D

Hey, I'd take a roach instead of one of those any time. Those pincers look nasty, it would surely put a fight.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Radikalskippy's Random Banter #85 of lost ideas and where to find them...

Quote Originally Posted by FdL View Post
    BTW, so much posting in english is getting to your spanish spelling; it's "leyenda" :D Don't worry, same things happen to me...

Since I'm in this forum I'm sad to report that both my english and my (written) spanish have gotten worse. And that sucks because I have a lot of exams to take which require a high level of english production...which I definitely don't have as of late. Crap.
    Same here buddy... Definitely this is affecting my Spanish writing... Is that alarming?
    So I herd you liek Mudkipz by Mr. Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

I was a Custom Title ITP!
    Lucky "Guess the Number" quote:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

3. - Top - End - #183
    Bugbear in the Playground

well...crud...

and you know what's worse? i have the book right here next to me...

i think i'm gonna keep trying to translate the first adventure of "The Age of Worms" adventure path...should help a little.

Inner Circle

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy
    But I must say the Izzet bunch are as crazy as a rabid goat with a rat biting its tail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    *ahem* *picks up megaphone*
    Attention everyone! Mal absolutly rocks!

Mal, I name you Fangirlfreind. Whenever you are in aid, call and we shall answer.
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...alpromteal.png

4. - Top - End - #184
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ceasar (cocktail): It typically contains vodka, clamato (a blend of tomato juice and clam broth), Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce, and is served on the rocks in a large, celery salt-rimmed glass, and typically garnished with a stalk of celery and wedge of lime.
    Clamato: a drink made primarily of reconstituted tomato juice concentrate and reconstituted dried clam broth, with a dash of high fructose corn syrup, and USDA Red 40 to maintain a 'natural' tomato colour.
    I feel quite nauseous all of a sudden. I must remember not to order a Bloody Mary next time I'm in Canada incase I get one of these instead. (They'll be carting me out of there on a stretcher)
    Spoiler
    Show

Watching television is like taking black spray paint to your third eye. - Bill Hicks

5. - Top - End - #185
    Barbarian in the Playground

Awesome as in "I wouldn't mind finding one in my bedroom"? :p
    I didn't think so :D

Hey, I'd take a roach instead of one of those any time. Those pincers look nasty, it would surely put a fight.
    I'll take neither, myself. And definitely no spiders.

I think it was stunned for a minute from hitting our door, so it stood still long enough for me to get a decent picture. Once it started moving again, however, I kinda backed off.

I have a sort of freaked-out fascination with insects and arachnids...

~PS
    Last edited by Penguinsushi; 2007-07-15 at 09:57 PM.
    "One Penguin To Rule Them All..."

Spoiler
    Show
    "I'm invisible...I'm invisible...I'm baby mice-ing invisible!" ~ Diva De

The Boot. Fear it.

Thanks to Trog for OotK icon
    Also, thanks to El J, Kubb Ambassador

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieRockStar View Post
    Ow...pun damage...
    Yeah. >_< As puns go, that was a pearl.
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

7. - Top - End - #187
    Dwarf in the Playground

My sister and I used to find beetles like that dead in our yard now and then. I'm not sure we ever found a live one, but then we weren't exactly looking, since even the dead ones terrified us. It was only made worse when we showed one to our dad, who's immediate reaction was one of nostalgia: "Oh, yeah, when I was a kid we used to try to catch those. Then we would grab them behind the pinchers and chase eachother around with them. They really hurt when they pinch you."
    Many thanks to Castaras for the avatar!

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy View Post
    Same here buddy... Definitely this is affecting my Spanish writing... Is that alarming?
    It sure is.

But honestly I wouldn't give a damn if it wasn't for the fact that I'm a translation student and I'm expected to have a high level of linguistic production in both languages. And besides that, that I pride myself in being someone who knows how to express himself correctly, has practically no spelling mistakes and has a very broad vocabular (all mainly in my first language, of course).

You know what? It's the internet, videogames and anime that are killing my literacy :( No one cares about spelling in the internet, and you get used to those monstruosities. You become lazy...and start thinking things like "LOL" and "pwn" are words.

Quote Originally Posted by Yiel View Post
    I feel quite nauseous all of a sudden. I must remember not to order a Bloody Mary next time I'm in Canada incase I get one of these instead. (They'll be carting me out of there on a stretcher)
    Sounds delicious to me. I don't like alcohol, but I enjoy tomato juice or whatever it's called. Clamato, eh? Isn't that the name of a japanese carrier or something?
    Last edited by FdL; 2007-07-15 at 10:04 PM.

9. - Top - End - #189

Quote Originally Posted by Yiel View Post
    Aww...c'mon. Caesars are great drinks. Clamato on its own isn't any good, obviously, but add vodka and spices and you've got one nice drink.

I suddenly want one, but there's no ingredients in the house. *goes to grab a glass of wine instead*
    Last edited by ZombieRockStar; 2007-07-15 at 10:04 PM.
    Remember when I had an avatar?

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

It sure is.

But honestly I wouldn't give a damn if it wasn't for the fact that I'm a translation student and I'm expected to have a high level of linguistic production in both languages. And besides that, that I pride myself in being someone who knows how to express himself correctly, has practically no spelling mistakes and has a very broad vocabular (all mainly in my first language, of course).

You know what? It's the internet, videogames and anime that are killing my literacy :( No one cares about spelling in the internet, and you get used to those monstruosities. You become lazy...and start thinking things like "LOL" and "pwn" are words.
    That's why you need to hand around here more often: only pixies use lol around here, and we use reasonably corpulent words. Like...pulchritudinous. Or...Lugubrious. Or...Calypigian.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieRockStar View Post
    Aww...c'mon. Caesars are great drinks. Clamato on its own isn't any good, obviously, but add vodka and spices and you've got one nice drink.

I suddenly want one, but there's no ingredients in the house. *goes to grab a glass of wine instead*
    I'll take your word on it... but that wine sounds much yummier.

I did however link the wiki article to Mr.Yiel and this conversation ensued.

Yiel: Sounds more like a killer seafood from the deeep: "Then the hideous giant Clamato rose from the deep and snapped the ship in twain!"
    Mr.Yeil: hehe clamato, son of cthulu
    Yiel: HAHAHAHA
    Mr.Yiel: *mmmrrgglelelgggeelelgfelgelglelee" if you look at the picture on the can it looks like teh drink is trying to escape the glass and attack someone!
    Mr.Yeil: "killer vampire clamato, coming to a town near you this summer"
    Spoiler
    Show

Watching television is like taking black spray paint to your third eye. - Bill Hicks

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Skenardo View Post
    That's why you need to hand around here more often: only pixies use lol around here, and we use reasonably corpulent words. Like...pulchritudinous. Or...Lugubrious. Or...Calypigian.
    Jolly! Remind me to check user status before I challenge someone to an online game of Scrabble.

Oh, and Yiel, sorry but I find that "Mr. Yiel" way of addressing your boyfriend to be uncool to use an euphemism :S Hope he doesn't mind, 'cause I kinda would in his place. Nevermind.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

It sure is.

Internet killed the language star, yes... But no, LOL and "pwn" are still monstruosities for me, in real life and here...
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

Spoiler
    Show
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground

Hee hee. Anyone here familiar with the game "Bookworm Adventures?" It's kinda like a mixture between scrabble and boggle, but with a central plot behind it.
    Basically, you are a little green bookworm that fights off enemies by spelling words from a pool of sixteen letters.
    My best words so far? Paradoxes, acclimated and Catastrophe.
    If you spell a good enough word, the little worm goes super-sayan and causes a mushroom cloud to white-out the screen.

I have the nerdliest taste in games

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

Ick...I don't like tomato juice and I have yet to find a wine that suits my palate. In fact...alcoholic beverages in general seem to not like my tounge. So far only Baileys and a Malibu with Pineapple have pleased me. Any one have any suggestions? My 21st is this next May, so I'm already planning the drinking fest that it will be.

(Probably, and hopefully, the only time I get drunk...Thank god I'll have my friends...The shamings which ensue should be humorous....)

Cheers,
    Syka
    Show me how pretty the world is
    'Cause I envy the way that you move
    'Cause I want something a little bit louder
    'Cause you're brilliant when you try
    Show me how pretty the whole world is tonight
    -Matt Nathanson "Pretty the World"

Various Syka-Foxes done by the wonderful Ceika

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Skenardo View Post
    Hee hee. Anyone here familiar with the game "Bookworm Adventures?" It's kinda like a mixture between scrabble and boggle, but with a central plot behind it.
    Basically, you are a little green bookworm that fights off enemies by spelling words from a pool of sixteen letters.
    My best words so far? Paradoxes, acclimated and Catastrophe.
    If you spell a good enough word, the little worm goes super-sayan and causes a mushroom cloud to white-out the screen.

I have the nerdliest taste in games
    Nonono, don't take it back, this DOES rule.
    I'm a fan of the original Bookworm, I have to say I'm really good at it. It's my type of game. It only lacks multiplayer, then it'd be perfect.

I've read about Bookworm Adventures in Penny Arcade, but I didn't fully buy the concept. I guess I'll try it anyway, because I might like it a lot. And it's not like there are so many word games out there...

Speaking of Scrabble, it's a sin that there's not a decent modern day online multiplayer version out there. I'd be all over it if there was.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jolly! Remind me to check user status before I challenge someone to an online game of Scrabble.

Oh, and Yiel, sorry but I find that "Mr. Yiel" way of addressing your boyfriend to be uncool to use an euphemism :S Hope he doesn't mind, 'cause I kinda would in his place. Nevermind.
    Oh well. I can go back to typing "my partner". Then again, I'm not a particularly cool person. As for him minding? He has a high degree of tolerance when it comes to me... it is (unfortunately) necessary in his position. I can be one of those people who would benefit from an "off" button.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #198

Erm, I don't mind, and find it rather funny that you choose to refer to him that way. I think recent conversation in another thread has upped tension around these parts, which is never good.
    -Vonriel

"DEMONS RUN WHEN A GOOD MAN GOES TO WAR."

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vonriel View Post
    Erm, I don't mind, and find it rather funny that you choose to refer to him that way. I think recent conversation in another thread has upped tension around these parts, which is never good.
    I think we're all posting in both threads ^^

And I often think forums like this one are a poor substitute for multiuser chat. Because that's the way we use them in times like now. Hence ninja'd posts and all that.

Yiel, it's alright, it's just that it called my attention.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

I think we're all posting in all threads possible...

And by that I don't say we're posting in all threads, but in those where we can add something to the conversation...
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #201

Why are the forums always most active when I'm not on them? I get back, have to speed read through pages of multiple threads, and by that time, activity has returned to normal. Looks like the only response is to give up on sleep and work, so that when the time comes I'll be doing nothing.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy View Post
    I think we're all posting in all threads possible...

And by that I don't say we're posting in all threads, but in those where we can add something to the conversation...
    Sure, but it's funny to see I've spent the past...2, 3 hours?????? clicking the refresh button and reading and posting in the same two threads. But it's cool when the conversation gets interesting like now.

Now seems like You Part V has started having some movement (it's actually like watching TV and watching a couple programs simultaneously). Sadly it's lile 1 AM here and I'm getting sleepy, plus I might have a little fever right now.
    So goodnight to everyone, it's been a pleasure in all threads involved. See you in the tomorrow of my time zone.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Colossus in the Playground

Speaking of disturbing creepy-crawlies... Last year my mum had an elderly woman come in and ask her to check her ear. The night before, she woke up to a painful scratching in her ear, put her hand to it and pulled out a cockroach that had been looking for a cosy place to sleep. She was understandably pretty freaked out, and just wanted reassurance from a doctor that she'd gotten every bit of it out. Apparently there were scratch marks in her ear... The coast in the subtropics is not a pleasant place for bugs
    Also, there's no simple list of dangerous Australian animals on the 'net. To be fair, though, almost anything here could be on it...
    Also also, what other thread are you lot talking about?

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also also, what other thread are you lot talking about?
    Awww, can't go to sleep without including you in my "goodnights", Serpentine. ^^

The other thread was the one about chivalry. It's got pretty heated but actually that's what brings the most interesting contributions.

25. - Top - End - #205

Heh, g'night Fdl. Chivalry, eh? Don't really have much of an opinion about that...

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

That's because chivalry's dead...
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #207

No, stop it, you're going to bring them down upon us. We won't be safe anywhere if that happens.
    Last edited by Nomrom; 2007-07-15 at 11:09 PM.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

All right... Theme change...

I'm moving on Tuesday. Returning to me mum's... That implies lots of boxes all around and lots of good byes... I'm gonna miss my friends... And her, above everyone... But it will be a relief not to have her around... It is just a torment for my soul, to have her near me and still not having her at all...

I think I must go to the Relationships advice thread, if you'll excuse me... Talking to her is really something that moves my world...
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #209

I wasn't a huge fan of bugs, but I could tolerate them before helping the turf entomology prof with some research, and then taking his class when I was in college. After, bugs don't bother me what so ever. In face, some bugs can be quite interesting. I just found an adult Green June Beetle on the infield at work the other day. I was kind of excited actually since it's the first bug I've found/identified while actually working.
    Grinning Purple Gelatinous Cube avatar courtesy of Lord_Herman
    Attacking Cube courtesy of Sampi
    Current avatar courtesy of Rutskarn

My GiTP stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    DM
    Currently none

Player
    currently none

Creations:
    Fimbulwight

I have my own RB thread right here.

Come and join in the newly minted Fictional Character Contest

30. - Top - End - #210

I found the weirdest bug while gardening some weeks ago! The bf's brother, who's doing entymology, found out what it was called but I can't remember. It looked kinda like a cockroach with no carapace or wings, its legs were tucked under its body like a caterpillar's, and it was bright blue with bright orange spots. Soooo cool!