New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 5

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Scoops finishes the bottle of soda, which, despite being something no sane pony would drink in one sitting doesn't have much of a visible effect. She gleefully trots over and opens the door.

"Ooh, here for paperfoal job?!"
    "Yep!" The filly strode in confidently, a slip of paper held in her mouth. It was from Whadda's Help Wanted poster at the bar. "Ginger Pippin, your new newsfoal, reporting for duty!" The foal certainly looked the part; she even had the trademark flat cap of newsfoals everywhere.

(I'll get a better description up, still tracking it down on my old laptop. She's a light green Earth Pony)
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 5

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    "Yep!" The filly strode in confidently, a slip of paper held in her mouth. It was from Whadda's Help Wanted poster at the bar. "Ginger Pippin, your new newsfoal, reporting for duty!" The foal certainly looked the part; she even had the trademark flat cap of newsfoals everywhere.

(I'll get a better description up, still tracking it down on my old laptop. She's a light green Earth Pony)
    "Wow that's great! So much to do and cute little hooves to help with the deliveries now!.." Scoops hops slightly and, given the opportunity will go on and on about being a paperfoal. Two things are made perfectly clear, hard work and Ginger's need to look adorable for tips.

"...Don't even need to bundle them since they're going to stores. I'm not even going to be mean, you can sleep in and not be in until 5 in the morning!"
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

3. - Top - End - #753
    Titan in the Playground

"Wow that's great! So much to do and cute little hooves to help with the deliveries now!.." Scoops hops slightly and, given the opportunity will go on and on about being a paperfoal. Two things are made perfectly clear, hard work and Ginger's need to look adorable for tips.

"...Don't even need to bundle them since they're going to stores. I'm not even going to be mean, you can sleep in and not be in until 5 in the morning!"
    Before Whadda can get much further into her explanation, Ginger pipes up again. "Ma'am, you're talking to the number one paperfoal in Manehatten. They made us get up at 1 in the morning, trot 'till we dropped, and only gave us a pat on the back when it snowed eleventy-five feet." She puffed out her little chest, obviously proud of her "exploits". "I can handle this, no sweat!"
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2011-10-21 at 11:53 PM.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zylan View Post
    Trying to hide the slight blush that now colored her cheeks, she turned back to the maps and began stacking them neatly. "Thank you so much, I really do appreciate it. Do you know of any open place I could set myself up at? Somewhere that would be ideal for a jewelry workshop and store, but also where I could safely sleep?"
    "Well, uh, not really" Serilus replied with an embarrased look on his face, but he quickly regained his composure. "Though that doesn't matter, finding it will be half the fun. A quest if you will. Shall we head off?" Serilus trotted to the door of the Civic Center and waited there for Diamond.
    Thanks to Skeppio for my avatar.

5. - Top - End - #755

Before Whadda can get much further into her explanation, Ginger pipes up again. "Ma'am, you're talking to the number one paperfoal in Manehatten. They made us get up at 1 in the morning, trot 'till we dropped, and only gave us a pat on the back when it snowed eleventy-five feet." She puffed out her little chest, obviously proud of her "exploits". "I can handle this, no sweat!"
    Being a reporter and everything makes it easy to see through what's meant as an exaggeration and what's just a plain lie. Still, it's all about the eagerness to get the job done isn't it?

"So then, I'm sure that 'Manehatten's #1 paperfoal' would like a tour of our humble little facility?"
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

6. - Top - End - #756
    Titan in the Playground

Being a reporter and everything makes it easy to see through what's meant as an exaggeration and what's just a plain lie. Still, it's all about the eagerness to get the job done isn't it?

"So then, I'm sure that 'Manehatten's #1 paperfoal' would like a tour of our humble little facility?"
    In response, Ginger straightened her little hat and nodded fiercely. "Let's do it!"

And just then, Whadda is suddenly able to get a good look at the foal, as if her image suddenly became clear and posted in this next spoiler because Amish stopped being lazy.

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #757

In response, Ginger straightened her little hat and nodded fiercely. "Let's do it!"

And just then, Whadda is suddenly able to get a good look at the foal, as if her image suddenly became clear and posted in this next spoiler because Amish stopped being lazy.

Spoiler
    Show
    Scoops leads Ginger around the building. The fact that it is mostly a house means that things would be a bit off if the filly was actually an experienced paperfoal. The presses in the basement, 'Staff Lounge' painted on a sign next to the kitchen. The chief editor's office seems to have a bed rolled away under the desk.

"Oh and the espresso machine. Can't let you have any without your parents' okay!"
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #758
    Titan in the Playground

Scoops leads Ginger around the building. The fact that it is mostly a house means that things would be a bit off if the filly was actually an experienced paperfoal. The presses in the basement, 'Staff Lounge' painted on a sign next to the kitchen. The chief editor's office seems to have a bed rolled away under the desk.

"Oh and the espresso machine. Can't let you have any without your parents' okay!"
    "Blech, you can keep the coffee." Ginger stepped lightly around the "Staff Lounge", half expecting to find a spare bedroom in the cupboards. "It's a bit small for an office...does somepony live here usually?"
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2011-10-22 at 01:55 PM.

9. - Top - End - #759
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Level8Mudcrab View Post
    "Well, uh, not really" Serilus replied with an embarrased look on his face, but he quickly regained his composure. "Though that doesn't matter, finding it will be half the fun. A quest if you will. Shall we head off?" Serilus trotted to the door of the Civic Center and waited there for Diamond.
    Replacing the last map, Diamond smiled and trotted after him to follow. This is going to be exciting, she thought to herself happily. A new town, a new start, the ponies here already seemed friendly, and to top it all off, she didn't think she'd have any jewelry-making competition here at all. She couldn't wait to get started on some new pieces and dazzle the ponies with her talent!

As the stallion lead her among the buildings, she kept quiet despite her constant scanning. She wasn't sure which buildings were taken and which weren't, or if any of them were going to be used in the near future, or if any were likewise going to be vacant. Her over-analyzing kept her in an awkward silence.
    Last edited by Zylan; 2011-10-22 at 04:31 PM.

10. - Top - End - #760

Replacing the last map, Diamond smiled and trotted after him to follow. This is going to be exciting, she thought to herself happily. A new town, a new start, the ponies here already seemed friendly, and to top it all off, she didn't think she'd have any jewelry-making competition here at all. She couldn't wait to get started on some new pieces and dazzle the ponies with her talent!

As the stallion lead her among the buildings, she kept quiet despite her constant scanning. She wasn't sure which buildings were taken and which weren't, or if any of them were going to be used in the near future, or if any were likewise going to be vacant. Her over-analyzing kept her in an awkward silence.
    Serilus had no idea where an available building would be, but nevertheless, he needed to maintain the illusion of knowing what he was doing. He muttered to himself, "Perhaps it would have been better to check with somepony at the Civic Center first". Serilus trotted around town until he stumbled upon a building with a For Sale sign outside of it.

Turning to Diamond, he said "Perhaps you could inquire here?"

11. - Top - End - #761

"Blech, you can keep the coffee." Ginger stepped lightly around the "Staff Lounge", half expecting to find a spare bedroom in the cupboards. "It's a bit small for an office...does somepony live here usually?"

"Oh just me. Moved into town recently and there's really no reason to be wasting money on it. Besides, always busy don't and don't need to sleep that much."

Scoops is still quite perky and oblivious to whether that last part was unsettling or not.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #762
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh just me. Moved into town recently and there's really no reason to be wasting money on it. Besides, always busy and don't need to sleep that much."

Scoops is still quite perky and oblivious to whether that last part was unsettling or not.
    "Rrrright." Not exactly a professional paper then. Still, bits were bits. "Where's pickup in the morning, out back?"

13. - Top - End - #763

"Rrrright." Not exactly a professional paper then. Still, bits were bits. "Where's pickup in the morning, out back?"

"Right out back yes, there's an alley that leads right back onto the main street!"
    It's a good thing that scoops had managed to snag a tiny-sized cart and convinced the old chief to part with one of the saddlebags.

"I'll be able to help load it up if you need it."
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #764
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Level8Mudcrab View Post
    Serilus had no idea where an available building would be, but nevertheless, he needed to maintain the illusion of knowing what he was doing. He muttered to himself, "Perhaps it would have been better to check with somepony at the Civic Center first". Serilus trotted around town until he stumbled upon a building with a For Sale sign outside of it.

Turning to Diamond, he said "Perhaps you could inquire here?"
    Diamond looked up at the building and immediately her eyes sparkled. "...Oh it's perfect! Wow... it has so much potential. I love it!" The place didn't look so impressive to the average pony, it was dark and spooky, falling into minor disrepair. But it was fairly large, with two stories; and judging from the looks of it, had previously been a shop of some kind.

She galloped up to the door and turned her eyes this way and that, before settling on the For Sale sign. Unfortunately, there wasn't any other information on it aside from the fact that the property was For Sale. She frowned slightly and turned back to Serilus.

"Hmm, would you by chance know who I could speak to about this? This town does have a mayor, right? It doesn't look like anyone in particular still owns it, so I assume it belongs to the town now..." She watched him expectantly.

15. - Top - End - #765

Civic Center
    A green coated foal wearing aviator sunglasses too big for his face and a cane on his back barges into the Civic Center! He is tracking his uncle Soaring Spark's scent! He has a sock in his hoof, his uncle's sock!
    He is like a bloodhound! Tracking him down!
    He makes it to a balcony!
    "Uncle Soaring Spark? Are you around here?"
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

16. - Top - End - #766
    Titan in the Playground

Umm...Hi? Who are you? *Is currently shocked and horrified. She does NOT want to have to switch back to her male voice.*

Naturally, having a nephew won't be a problem. It's just Awkward.

(Her voice doesn't sound masculine at the moment. If you're familiar with the singer, it sounds vaguely like Holly Brook right now.)

17. - Top - End - #767

He realizes that he must have made a mistake! A mare was here! Not the strapping stallion that his mother described!(though his mother probably was pulling his chain...)
    "Oh, I'm very sorry ma'am. I was looking for my uncle Soaring Spark. I must have walked into your room by accident."
    He bowed for forgiveness!
    Busy with Life

18. - Top - End - #768
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    He realizes that he must have made a mistake! A mare was here! Not the strapping stallion that his mother described!(though his mother probably was pulling his chain...)
    "Oh, I'm very sorry ma'am. I was looking for my uncle Soaring Spark. I must have walked into your room by accident."
    He bowed for forgiveness!

Nervous laugh. Well uh, your uncle Soaring Spark is here. He just wasn't aware he had a nephew and is unsure how to react. Also, he's changed quite a bit since your mom last saw him, in a way she didn't like, so your mom is kind of in denial about the whole thing. she says without elaborating, still laughing kind of nervously.

19. - Top - End - #769

"Well where is he? I can smell that he is here but you're a mare!"
    He sniffed around her.
    "You smell like him too! Do you know him well, miss?"
    He hasn't realized that there's another pony in the room, he is blind after all.
    Last edited by Mindfreak; 2011-10-23 at 02:23 PM.
    Busy with Life

20. - Top - End - #770
    Titan in the Playground

"Well where is he? I can smell that he is here but you're a mare!"
    He sniffed around her.
    "You smell like him too! Do you know him well, miss?"
    He hasn't realized that there's another pony in the room, he is blind after all.
    Umm...well....Kinda. See, that change I was talking about that your mom didn't like? Well...uh...it was a gender change. Your uncle Soaring Spark is now your aunt Mystic Muse. she says, worried about some form of backlash, but better to get it done quickly than draw it out. Besides, she didn't like lying.

21. - Top - End - #771

"Oh. That would explain why mom doesn't like to talk about him..."
    He then hops up and down! He is excited about meeting his aunt!
    "So where is she! I wanna give her a hug!"
    He is taking this pretty well, although he isn't the brightes bulb...
    Busy with Life

22. - Top - End - #772
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh. That would explain why mom doesn't like to talk about him..."
    He then hops up and down! He is excited about meeting his aunt!
    "So where is she! I wanna give her a hug!"
    He is taking this pretty well, although he isn't the brightes bulb...
    Well, I'd let you hug me, but I'm kind of stuck underneath my sleeping fillyfriend. Mystic elaborates.

23. - Top - End - #773
    Titan in the Playground

"Right out back yes, there's an alley that leads right back onto the main street!"
    It's a good thing that scoops had managed to snag a tiny-sized cart and convinced the old chief to part with one of the saddlebags.

"I'll be able to help load it up if you need it."
    "I can handle it!" The filly looked at the cart (which was sizeable for her, anyway) uneasily. "Well...I guess it could get filled faster with two ponies on the job...."

24. - Top - End - #774

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    Well, I'd let you hug me, but I'm kind of stuck underneath my sleeping fillyfriend. Mystic elaborates.
    Lionheart goes to hug both of them then!
    "It's okay! I can hug both of you then!"
    He jumps and lands on the floor next to her.
    "ow."
    Busy with Life

25. - Top - End - #775

Diamond looked up at the building and immediately her eyes sparkled. "...Oh it's perfect! Wow... it has so much potential. I love it!" The place didn't look so impressive to the average pony, it was dark and spooky, falling into minor disrepair. But it was fairly large, with two stories; and judging from the looks of it, had previously been a shop of some kind.

She galloped up to the door and turned her eyes this way and that, before settling on the For Sale sign. Unfortunately, there wasn't any other information on it aside from the fact that the property was For Sale. She frowned slightly and turned back to Serilus.

"Hmm, would you by chance know who I could speak to about this? This town does have a mayor, right? It doesn't look like anyone in particular still owns it, so I assume it belongs to the town now..." She watched him expectantly.
    "I'm glad you like it, but sorry, I don't know who would be in charge of property. I just live back at the Civic Center, and I'm new enough in town that while I know my way around, I'm unaware of any mayor." Serilus stopped for a few moments as a puzzled look crossed his face. "Perhaps somepony else would know, it would be quite a trek back to the Civic Center, but I'm sure we could ask there. Or perhaps we could find a nearby pony who would know."

26. - Top - End - #776
    Titan in the Playground

Lionheart goes to hug both of them then!
    "It's okay! I can hug both of you then!"
    He jumps and lands on the floor next to her.
    "ow."
    Mystic gets up from underneath her fillyfriend, likely waking Sweet Dreams up. She goes over to her nephew, helps him up, and helps him with the injury.

Anything sprained or broken? she asks, slightly worried.

27. - Top - End - #777
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    Mystic gets up from underneath her fillyfriend, likely waking Sweet Dreams up. She goes over to her nephew, helps him up, and helps him with the injury.

Anything sprained or broken? she asks, slightly worried.
    "Huhwha...?" murmurs Dreams.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

28. - Top - End - #778

"Nope, I'm a-okay!"
    His aviator glasses are broken though, revealing his milky, pale eyes.
    "Awwww, my sunglasses broke!"
    He pouted. Guess he was going to show everyone he was blind now.
    Busy with Life

29. - Top - End - #779
    Titan in the Playground

"Nope, I'm a-okay!"
    His aviator glasses are broken though, revealing his milky, pale eyes.
    "Awwww, my sunglasses broke!"
    He pouted. Guess he was going to show everyone he was blind now.
    Well, we can get those fixed. As long as you aren't hurt.

She notices his eyes, though she had her suspicions before.

Are you blind? she asks, not as if she's trying to insult him, more just a query along the lines of "Are we out of milk?" with about the same amount of casualness.

Foal sitting is not what I had in mind when I came here. she thinks to herself, sighing internally.

30. - Top - End - #780

"Yeah, why?"
    He walked here all the way from Califoalnia to here by himself! Sure, he got lost plenty of times but he made it!
    ...eventually.
    Busy with Life