New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Mythos Homebrew Discussion III: Grievous Imbalance Is A Feature

Bdrone, have you looked at the Mythic Illumian? I think it fits with the idea of using sounds to achieve your ends. It may not be exactly what you desire, but it should be interesting to look into.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bdrone View Post
    the Touhou tome of battle
    Are you referring to the Touhou Battle Grimoire, or some Pathfinder-cogent material that I'm not aware of?

As for your thing about a sound-based Mythos things; in that movie, music was a direct metaphor for personal expression. So it's a Katametritis. They create artistic endeavors for the express purpose of the manipulation of people, places, and things. You can find its description here. Sadly it has yet to be written in full.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooPaladin View Post
    Are you referring to the Touhou Battle Grimoire, or some Pathfinder-cogent material that I'm not aware of?

As for your thing about a sound-based Mythos things; in that movie, music was a direct metaphor for personal expression. So it's a Katametritis. They create artistic endeavors for the express purpose of the manipulation of people, places, and things. You can find its description here. Sadly it has yet to be written in full.
    Your link goes to a PICTURE of a sort of index of a bunch of mythos classes (Just the opening images and a paragraph or three of flavor text). Is that what you intended?

Although if you scroll down far enough then the Katametritis IS in there.

As long as I'm here, a few links rather than teasing, regarding who Nightmare Whisper(the one by Alex Warlorn... apparently there is at least one other by that name) is:

The slow way where you actually get to experience the amazing story. Start with this story, then keep right on going through its sequels until you get to her. Nightmare Whisper is in Season Two... you can PROBABLY skip Season Zero if you have to since it is just covering what was going through the Mane Six's head during the periods when they were Discorded.).

The super-quick spoilery version:
    Spoiler: VERY SPOILERY!
    Show
    In this continuity, a Nightmare is when someone becomes the absolute embodiment of one thing, to the exclusion of all other things, especially virtues. Nightmare Whisper is Fluttershy when she becomes the Nightmare of Kindness. She finds an external power source to boot, called the Elder Horn, loosely based on The Elder Wand from Harry Potter (but that happens entirely off-screen I think).

She starts transforming Equestria into a paradise where everyone is foals who play all day and there is no competition for resources, even between the roots of plants. There is enough to go around for everyone. The series later goes on to show us how VERY VERY close she came to making this a good thing. According to later episodes of the story, if she had simply asked permission from The Sisters and gotten their advice, rather than just going ahead blindly, it probably would have all worked out at least enough to make it a huge improvement even over the default Equestria from the show. We get a tiny glimpse after Nightmare Whisper is defeated of MULTIPLE alternate timelines where this actually works out to truly turn Equestria into something... something amazing *tear of joy and sorrow at what was/almost was*. Even in the story we actually get to read, she alters her actual plans mid-execution at least once. It has been a while since I read it, but I am fairly sure this is true. For instance, at one time she was using lotus-eater type dreams but I don't quite remember if that was an overall plan for Kindness, or if she just was using it as a defensive technique.

In order to do this, she had to take on the the suffering for every flaw in people, definitely moral and probably physical as well. The author, Alex Warlorn has the characters use the phrase "the child foal of Omelas" to describe the situation after it is revealed (it is even the title of one of the chapters), but this one was a volunteer.

Here is what she looks like:
    http://fav.me/d4i7kyy

There is a very well written fight between her and the Mane Five and in the end the day is saved by... well, let's just say that sometimes "karma" is a wonderful, WONDERFUL thing. Just as with Luna/Nightmare Moon before her, everything works out pretty well in the end (the paradise is gone, but Fluttershy survives, and a lot of good comes of it across Equestria).
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2016-01-04 at 05:08 PM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Vauron: re-reading the Mythic Illumin, its a wonderful place to start. truespeech as a requirement can be... manipulated in it's own right, so perhaps i can put that to good use indeed... its manipulation has some definite uses I can think of- im loving Black Speech and even the Bull rush mythos right off the bat. Bardic music uses aside, this could be quite the riot... but ill be waiting for more like this in the future for certain.

VoodooPaladin: *cough* right, yes, the Touhou Battle Grimoire. as a fan of both Touhou and Martial initiation, a god number of those disciplines got my interest. I also like skills being involved in combat at times as well, which helped.

looking at the list of Mythos classes, this is a much longer list of ideas then i recall... and so many potentials. so this mythic artist is in the same space as the Epicurean and Epistemian right now. i see. we may be thinking of different Sirens (curse you Rainbow Rocks) but it could work... argh. now i want to see that as well. Annnnd id have to show a friend the Agapon when it arrives- Schrodinger is on the banner with Harley Quinn. jeeze... do i have to say anything about the possibilities of the Amyitos and the Michanikos? this is why i love this subsystem- so much can be done...

Dracodei: ....about Nightmare Whisper. sweet holy buggery. i suspected it would be something like that, but THAT? yeah. yeah. that would count in spades for your banner. unless you can think of something better, I would put her up there. no doubt in my mind.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Halfling in the Playground

So taking the suggestions I was given, Mind-Tarnishing Rose-Thorn Shintai is now just a regular Legendary Mythos and is no longer restricted by a times-per-day caveat. As far as things better suited to actual Shintai, does anybody have any suggestions? I've got the idea of a Phoenix-esque ability to take Int burn in exchange for a serious increase in power but I'm not quite sure how to implement it.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by Rogthnor View Post
    Anyone mind taking a look at my Mythic Bard? I'm having trouble deciding which mythos to put at which level, and it is badly in need of a beta.
    I'd love to see a mythic bard. Has it been posted somewhere yet?
    On a quest to marry Asmodeus, lord of the Nine Hells, or die trying.

7. - Top - End - #127

Quote Originally Posted by Slawth13 View Post
    So taking the suggestions I was given, Mind-Tarnishing Rose-Thorn Shintai is now just a regular Legendary Mythos and is no longer restricted by a times-per-day caveat. As far as things better suited to actual Shintai, does anybody have any suggestions? I've got the idea of a Phoenix-esque ability to take Int burn in exchange for a serious increase in power but I'm not quite sure how to implement it.
    I don't have a suggestion for what a shintai for your class could be, but I would suggest approaching from the fluffy side first. Ask yourself what kind of transformative idea fits with the class, then come up with powers to go with it. Essentially, focus on the "I don't kill people whose time isn't up' bit first, then try for the "Can see how long you have to live and planeshift/teleport" bit.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Maybe the character loses their physical form and now only exists within the minds connected to them?
    On a quest to marry Asmodeus, lord of the Nine Hells, or die trying.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

So I'm running a campaign (3.p/3.5) and I would like a little bit of input on "critters." Namely making BBEGs from mythos characters.
    Spoiler: Stay out of this spoiler Lanth Sor!
    Show
    He's one of my players that's why.
    So for this campaign all the characters were abducted by a huge diety power level dude names Tursue, and he called himself Prophecy. He is more or less a dead god and can't leave his demi plane and has about 0 followers in the prime world. Anyway, he also said that he is the father of all of the death gods and that the group of them (Zyphus, Urgatoya, Pharasma, Charon, and Orcus) are in the relitivly near future going to throw the world out of balance. Tursue wants the party to go and kill all the death gods so the world will be jolly and not cease to exist as the scourge ravages all of the planes.
    Onto the killing dieties: if you want to say "you can't kill dieties and it's stupid to stat them" please don't. Otherwise would it be reasonable to make these dieties as oletherofex's and then give them divine powers based off of their divine rank? Also is there any support for epic oletherofex?
    Also the setting is of my creation, so killing gods requires you to weaken their following and then do a super Planar binding on them to draw them into the prime to be slain, and each god has their own ritual.

Thanks for the help, hopefully the spoiler works
    Last edited by nikkoli; 2016-01-08 at 02:40 AM.

10. - Top - End - #130

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Maybe the character loses their physical form and now only exists within the minds connected to them?
    The Epifovian has a shintai sort of similar to that, except it turns you into Bloody Mary.
    You could look at that for ideas?
    The best way to get information isn't to ask a question, it is to post the wrong information and wait for someone to correct you (often angrily).

Spoiler: Internets
    Show

11. - Top - End - #131
    Dwarf in the Playground

*cough* right, yes, the Touhou Battle Grimoire. as a fan of both Touhou and Martial initiation, a god number of those disciplines got my interest. I also like skills being involved in combat at times as well, which helped.
    Ooh, if your group's cool with Battle Grimoire material, then your Bellator must be ecstatic. You mentioned THF with a bow for backup, so I have to ask if you've looked into using Thousand-Armed Weaponmaster Intuition to get yourself one of the Moon Agent's Yumi bows, or an Oni Brawler's Weighted Chain. They are, after all, just really nice exotic weapons.

I wonder if a Bellator's Open-Minded Smithing Practices would let them make Youkai-Forged Blades? Probably not wield them, since that's the purview of the NetherWorld Gardener feat, but that would be really cool in its own right.

As far as things better suited to actual Shintai, does anybody have any suggestions?
    How about a Shintai that centers around abandoning the ability to perceive reality or formulate opinions outside of the thoughts and perceptions of others?

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

If you were playing a Dinyomi, but wanted to be a Hero, what kind of mythos would you want that would make you sort of like a Necessary Evil Good Guy, or a Bad Guy with a Good Cause?

13. - Top - End - #133
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooPaladin View Post
    Ooh, if your group's cool with Battle Grimoire material, then your Bellator must be ecstatic. You mentioned THF with a bow for backup, so I have to ask if you've looked into using Thousand-Armed Weaponmaster Intuition to get yourself one of the Moon Agent's Yumi bows, or an Oni Brawler's Weighted Chain. They are, after all, just really nice exotic weapons.

I wonder if a Bellator's Open-Minded Smithing Practices would let them make Youkai-Forged Blades? Probably not wield them, since that's the purview of the NetherWorld Gardener feat, but that would be really cool in its own right.
    Really im a Ranged Primary person, and I don't really have a group, just a box i put ideas into to hopefully use someday. i quite prefer Crossbows, but Arching Comet Style is just... amazing. any build that provides me 2+ range feats on entry has my attention alone, nevermind the rest that one mythos does otherwise. if i was big on bows it would be a drooling point all it's own. i brought up THF though because the bulk of the Bellator is a master of all weaponry (rightfully so- they are a shoe in innately for PoW 2.0 Mithral Current, and they can pass on enhancement bonuses between weapons by just BORROWING a magic weapon for a bit) and the THF style can have sunders for more mythos along with the full benefits of more mythos like Tavern-Clearing Cleave, Battalion-Engaging Charge (though id take focusing the iron storm- obvious reasons), and One Kick Ten Thousand Times (this move here? makes me salivate and I'm usually the one furthest back).

However with the expanded Mythos and excellency file alone (my goodness what you can do with Broken feat line and Race Mythos...), you can use melee manuvers with ranged weapons in addition to more ranged usable mythoses and mounted combat ones. other then finding a way to get a mount that is to my liking and fine picking what disciplines I want in that case, this field is amazingly open. especially if One Kick Ten Thousand Times can be synced up with my bow in that way. got a Dex based idea that scares me.

As for the Touhou Battle Grimoire and the Bellator involing it... while i sure didn't think of yoinking their weapon designs (the Yumi in theory would gain the strength mod... hmm), that does make for a good idea. it's just ever since the moon agent and the introduction of Pure Crafting (honestly, that was one of the few times in my life i really felt like using the term overpowered. i could use insight to the Moon Agent and Pure Crafting in general for someone else's opinion on that one), the classes have been interesting, but even im not sure about them in the games i could get. the Mythical Maid (Currently WIP) has my eye right now, but what I'm most intrigued by are the disciplines and the races (Kasha and Inchling in particular- YES, ive considered an inchling ranged martial user on a bird mount). you may indeed be able to craft Youkai Forged Blades with that mythos, but you couldnt use them.

sadly digging in the TBG for the Bellator Seed mythos series comes up slim, because so many of the abilities in a discipline are spelled out to be either directly supernatural (Dream Battle), or whole maneuver lists start by stating the list is supernatural unless otherwise stated (most of the rest). the only disciplines that aren't stated to be supernatural directly that i can recall are oddly enough Mysterious Millennium (which i never really went through before. color me intrigued if i can get Dangerous Drug to work.) and the WIP Lunar Dial, which is stated to be Ex. even ancient temple is SU. a good deal of Path of War has SU elements as well, leaving out among ranged the now improved Solar Wind, but bringing in Tempest Gale as a trick based option (providing line attacks, ranged combat manuvers, and such). for power play, discipline weaponing in Broken Blade from PoW with the ranged to melee expanded excellency is one of my better bets for raw power.

Whatever the case, i feel like ive cracked on something that utterly suits my style when im not feeling natural attack crazy (for that we have Epifovian, which i still enjoy and wish i could cross more effectively). just got a few more things to set. it's given me a crash course in all things animal companion and mounted as well!

Quote Originally Posted by 7th son of sons View Post
    If you were playing a Dinyomi, but wanted to be a Hero, what kind of mythos would you want that would make you sort of like a Necessary Evil Good Guy, or a Bad Guy with a Good Cause?
    huh. Good question, this. I wasn't sure if i could play a Dinyomi because of the glorious/humbled state of things, but when I was thinking on it it felt like to be a good aligned one you had to be a kind of grim commander. I saw myself using the mounted mythos combined with a good deal of the lacky mythos series to go for a Leader of the people design. your thinkin' of Mythos's to allow for a Knight Templar or even Noble Demon?

When I first read it, I thought maybe something diplomacy or intimidate based that perhaps gets people to see your side of things through how certain you truely are (but then, that may have already been done). alternatively, maybe a progression from Altruistic Burden-Bearing Ego Suppression in where in where over time you gain benefits from striking down those who you truely are against, but suffer less and less alignment wise from acts that you wouldn't do or possibly regret until eventually you gain some sort of additional bonus that effects most targets and your alignment can be treated as one you choose, even though you've done so many deeds that would ruin that for you, because the ends justified the means to get you where you did. after all- you know whats best. ehh. its a thought I figured may work. Wish I had something more to add.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Bugbear in the Playground

Planetar

Alright, have a free excellency that spits in the face of what the Bellator is supposed to represent, just because I really really like ToBhou.

Spoiler: Free Excellency!
    Show

Supernal Martial Adaption
    Prerequisite: [Discipline] Seed Awakening in a discipline with Supernatural maneuvers.

Select one disciple that you have selected [Discipline] Seed Awakening with, and contains supernatural maneuvers and stances. You may learn and use supernatural maneuvers and stances from that discipline, although they are still considered Supernatural. This overrides the "[Discipline] Seed Awakening never allows you to learn or activate Supernatural maneuvers or stances" clause in [Discipline] Seed Awakening.

At level 11, your supernatural maneuvers and stances are considered extraordinary (Ex), allowing them to be used even in an Anti-Magic Field. This Excellency may be learned multiple times, once for each [Discipline] Seed Awakening in a discipline with Supernatural maneuvers that you possess.

EDIT: Also, I started to work again on the Mythic Determinator. Please PEACH.
    Last edited by roko10; 2016-01-08 at 05:21 PM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Dwarf in the Playground

i could use insight to the Moon Agent and Pure Crafting in general for someone else's opinion on that one
    Wow, that's quite a lot of text.
    1. The feel I got from Pure Crafting was that it was thoroughly half-baked. Not a very good rules patch, not a very good setting patch, not a very good boost for pure fighters, and still easy to abuse to boot.
    2. Misteryous Millenium not being Su is probably a typo, as none of the clearly magical stuff is marked as such. I could've sworn all the stuff (up until Lunar Dial) was Su, which is why I've joked for years about how headbutts are actually magic.
    3. Bellator who like throwing weapons are completely spoiled for choice. While most of the discipline feats require a stance, Sleep Under The Flowers, Red-White Butterfly only requires a Border of Life maneuver. For two feats and warfan, you'll never need a returning weapon, though you're limited to Point Blank range. Lunar Dial needs no further explanation.
    4. Though it's absurdly feat-intensive, I wonder how much raw power you could get out of NetherWorld Gardener + Till When? + Steel Avalanche Style (Ambidextrous Razor Wrath).

Whichever ones you want to. Dinyomi refuse no path to power.

But in all seriousness:

This guy. Mao, from Disgaea 3, is an example of a heroic Dinyomi. He plays up the Evil Nemesis angle, and then carries forward with the part where a Dinyomi is perfectly able to have and keep a small circle of trusted compatriots. Nothing about a Dinyomi requires you to be an Evil person: merely a violent and egotistical jackass.

Since I don't see this as adequately represented, here's something to help with that.

Spoiler: New Dinyomi Excellence
    Show

Unbound By Common Sense
    Prerequisite: -

Who knows what thoughts pass through the fractious mind of the Conqueror? If there is cruelty in his heart, why does he recruit from among his enemies? If he is merciful, how can he slay his foes with such joyous abandon? Perhaps he is simply too great to be understood. Or perhaps he is too insane for it to matter.

Upon receiving this Excellence, your Alignment ceases to be a meaningful factor in your identity. Whenever an effect or prerequisite would check for your alignment, you are whichever combination of Good, Evil, Lawful, Chaotic, and Neutral you consider most beneficial. Impossible combinations such being both Good and Evil at once are possible, and expected. If you possess an alignment subtype, it is now indeterminate in the same way.

At any point, if you should choose to replace your written alignment with a more accurate representation of your nature, such as a scratch mark, an ink blot, a null symbol, "-", "Not Applicable", or any other pithy dismissal of morality and ethics, you gain Open Minded (CA) as a bonus feat. This can only occur once, as your non-alignment cannot be changed by any effect once adopted.
    Last edited by VoodooPaladin; 2016-01-08 at 09:01 PM.

16. - Top - End - #136

The big thing standing in the way of a good Dinyomi for me is the glorios/humbled mechanic. It's hard to get a really truely good-aligned character when your pride requires you to kill/one-up everyone who insults you or sees you in a moment of weakness. Perhaps add a mythos allowing you to graciously forgive people for not respecting you (after making a show of force to let them know what you could have done).

17. - Top - End - #137
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ImperatorV View Post
    The big thing standing in the way of a good Dinyomi for me is the glorios/humbled mechanic. It's hard to get a really truely good-aligned character when your pride requires you to kill/one-up everyone who insults you or sees you in a moment of weakness. Perhaps add a mythos allowing you to graciously forgive people for not respecting you (after making a show of force to let them know what you could have done).
    Yeah, I just looked that up. A lot of text, kind of hard to parse quickly. To be honest, I'm not sure how you could have a Conqueror who actually spends most of his time conquering if he can't ignore a personal challenge without wasting time killing the challenger. His Ego should probably not be quite the straightjacket it's currently written to be.

If I had to rule an answer on the spot, I'd probably say that beating the tar out of someone non-lethally is an effective way to return to Glory, provided they admit defeat in some capacity. And that even righteous Dinyomi have this problem a lot, so they don't get to have amazingly active social lives.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Pixie in the Playground

New here but I've been playing dnd 3.5 for since I was a teen. I really like the idea of mythos classes and how they work thinking of trying my hand at one. A sort of mythic dragonslayer (focusing on monsters is too broad). Anyone mind, suggestions etc

19. - Top - End - #139

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Zenna View Post
    New here but I've been playing dnd 3.5 for since I was a teen. I really like the idea of mythos classes and how they work thinking of trying my hand at one. A sort of mythic dragonslayer (focusing on monsters is too broad). Anyone mind, suggestions etc
    If your talking about using one my suggestion is the Bellator as it's the most flexible in martial combat. If your talking about making one then I suggest something along the lines of a mythic hunter on mythic nemesis. Hunter for a more general version, nemesis for a more specific version.

Also, for the other people here who want to move their stuff onto the wiki I now have a format guide on the wiki here http://mythos-compendium.wikia.com/w...tting_Template.
    Last edited by Jakman217; 2016-01-09 at 09:09 PM.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I've been working on a Mythic Commoner class, with the idea being that someone ordinary has a catalyst that turns them into a hero. Any advice or suggestions would be welcome.

21. - Top - End - #141

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by ZaneShadow View Post
    I've been working on a Mythic Commoner class, with the idea being that someone ordinary has a catalyst that turns them into a hero. Any advice or suggestions would be welcome.
    I suggest looking at characters you think fit in the class and get inspiration from there.

As for more specific things, how about a mythos that allows an automatic type of ability check. Say so many times per day or week you may do an ordinarily impossible feat, such as lifting a giant monster, or shattering a cliff side with a punch to cause an avalanche that only you will survive.

How about a mythos (probably a shintai) that specifically makes you the bane of a their enemy. No matter what the character does, they will get a generally happy ending.

Maybe a mythos where they can get sparks of inspiration to overcome a challenge almost flawlessly.

Those are just two ideas I can think of for it.

22. - Top - End - #142

Planetar

Or a Shintai that automatically resurrects you when you die, but forbids you from living a normal life. The Call Knows Where You Live.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Pixie in the Playground

> Jakman217
    Hunter is TOO General, and nemesis isn't fitting at all of my class vision. Natsu, Alexstrasza, Nowi, St george, Dovahkiin is what I want to base my idea around

24. - Top - End - #144

I'm curious, how do you intend to distinguish your 'dragonslayer' from the Bellator? While I don't reconize all the names you mentioned, Bellator would work well for most of them. My gut says either a mythic supplement or a couple Favored Enemy-ish mythos for the Bellator. Perhaps that is just a failure of imagination on my part.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

I'm curious: Why Nowi? I know Wyrmslayer is one of her skills, but her personality and role in the story never really make her out to be a dragonslayer like the others you listed.

26. - Top - End - #146

MindFlayer

> Jakman217
    Hunter is TOO General, and nemesis isn't fitting at all of my class vision. Natsu, Alexstrasza, Nowi, St george, Dovahkiin is what I want to base my idea around
    4/5 of the people you listed are either dragons or people with the powers of dragons. Not a good track record for slaying them, is it?
    "No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between his shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style."
    Quote Originally Posted by Xefas
    As the old saying goes, "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby get his ass wrecked."

27. - Top - End - #147

Beholder

> Jakman217
    By nemesis I meant more along the lines of the living bane of the being you hunt. A dragonslayer who reaches Mythos levels should be the bane of all dragons and should be both hated and feared by them. Even a Godslayer, a sidestep away from the original concept would do the same with gods and could kill them. Hence becoming a nemesis to an entire race of beings.

As for the examples you give, I am wont to agree that you should just make a specialized bellator since St. George, the Dovahkiin, already fit into the bellator idea. Natsu (from fairy tail I presume) would probably be more apt in the Kathados as he's more an elementalist than a fighter from what I know. Nowi, yeah, not sure where to put her as I've never played fire emblem, but what little I gleamed from the wiki doesn't really make her sound like a dragon slayer, and Alexstrasza (presumably from WoW) may be unique enough of a concept to not be put in a preexisting class but from the little I read she seems more like a dragon tamer than slayer.

28. - Top - End - #148

Quote Originally Posted by ZaneShadow View Post
    Kyon (or depending on the theories you subscribe to, Haruhi) might be someone to look at. This lends more toward an archetype that wants to blend into the background, but their narrative prevents it (Kyon), or someone who's just sick of being another face in the crowd and actively tries to gatecrash into someone else's story (Haruhi). The Call Knows Where You Live versus Jumped At The Call.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Pixie in the Playground

Well that's exactly it, when you look at dragons. The things slaying them are either Heros (These are the more bellator like guys) and Dragons, Pokemon Dragon type is effective against dragons, Nowi (yes her wyrmslayer skill is why i added her, you dont need to be grim to be a slayer) is effective against dragons, Natsu uses fire dragon magic, Dovahkiin has the soul of a dragon.
    A bane idea would be cool sure. But its too general, and then I cant distinguish it from bellator which ideally I'd do through a heavy focus on the dragon aspect, taking on dragon elements. Finding, hunting dragons and slaying them for power.

30. - Top - End - #150

Beholder

Well that's exactly it, when you look at dragons. The things slaying them are either Heros (These are the more bellator like guys) and Dragons, Pokemon Dragon type is effective against dragons, Nowi (yes her wyrmslayer skill is why i added her, you dont need to be grim to be a slayer) is effective against dragons, Natsu uses fire dragon magic, Dovahkiin has the soul of a dragon.
    A bane idea would be cool sure. But its too general, and then I cant distinguish it from bellator which ideally I'd do through a heavy focus on the dragon aspect, taking on dragon elements. Finding, hunting dragons and slaying them for power.
    You could make it such that the Mythic Nemesis must focus on a specific type of creature or being and as they either kill their target or simply as they level up they gain abilities that negate or reflect the strengths of their targets and exploit their weaknesses.

A Nemesis who focuses on dragons eventually gains the ability to ignore the defenses of dragons, reflect or ignore their breath weapons, fly after them so they can't run, and upon defeating them can add a scale or bone to his armor as a trophy that improves himself. But never becomes a dragon himself.

A Nemesis who kills gods could automatically ignore bonuses granted from divine ranks, remove the target's immortality, and withstand the god's power on their home plane. By drinking their blood he gains the ability to ignore an even stronger god's powers. But he never becomes a god.

A nemesis who kills mind flayers can't have his mind read, or eaten by them, ignores their grappling, and can negate any magical or martial abilities they have, and in turn devour their minds for knowledge and power. But, never becomes a mind flayer.

I mostly give the extra examples as turning the Nemesis into mythos class could work, but focusing on dragons exclusively does kind of limit the class and beg why it isn't part of another. While stealing or gaining power from his opponents is an interesting idea, the class should never turn them into what they hunt.

This is just my thoughts though and if you don't follow the idea of the nemesis I may do it after I finish my Mythic Leader Class I'm currently working on.

Edit: And, as I think about it a Kreikiri may also have similar ideas, but is more about devouring all rather than a specific creature.
    Last edited by Jakman217; 2016-01-10 at 07:32 PM.