New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Black Dragon's Den IX

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    "I'm not much for small talk." The elf admits in a strained voice, sounds she have some problems talking. "Just passing through." She shrugs.

"Passing through means you got a point you came from and a goal to go to. Or in a small way you maybe new here in the nexus."

Andy don't want to force her or is making atemtions. he just tries to find a theme she could talk about.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

Rhyan, meanwhile...edges away from Alysha+cat.
    And sneezes again.
    Grabbing a napkin from the table and pressing it to her nose, as her eyes start to water.

"I...sorry..."

SNEEZE!

"...allergic to cats..."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LadyOfWar View Post
    Alysha has exactly the reaction that Sevet’s boss had hoped Winguardia would have. Only Alysha’s response is magnified about 1000-fold because… well… probably because she’s Alysha and it is what she does. One would have to check with Kerfuffle to confirm that.

With the kitten-cuddling position being hogged by the happy hyper vampire the winged hybrid vampire has time to analyze this situation.

First, she nods to Rhyan, understanding the ‘pick up that thought later’ look very clearly.

Next she pauses to think. She fixes her eyes firmly on the skeleton. At this distance they are completely black with very little white sclera visible on the edges and have an odd slowly swirling sheen to them, like an oil slick on the pavement in July. Her stare is HIGHLY unnerving when she wants it to be.

Mayhala is buying her time to put ten and ten together and come up with something very near twenty. The subtle changes in her expression as she contemplates this situation cannot bode well for the skeleton.

Of course, it is also buying the skeleton EXACTLY what he wants: time. His boss should almost be here by now. Sevet will not have to endure this much longer.

Finally she gives Mayhala a VERY appreciative gaze. One would conclude she is not accustomed to having others come to her defense, and is grateful and slightly caught off-guard. Yet, a knowing glint is in her eyes. She's just had a mental breakthrough. She places one hand on Mayhala’s arm, a gentle gesture asking her to back down just a little. Then her eyes flick to the exits, to Mayhala, then to the exits again. It's subtle, but she thinks the shadow-user will get the message: watch the doors.

“In our boney friend’s defense, Alysha looks like a cute kid, not a blood-sucking vampire. No offence Alysha.” She adds the last sentence even though she’s pretty sure it won’t break through the cute-zone.

Then her eyes return to the skeleton, her gaze as spine-chilling as ever. That is one thing he DOES have.
    “Sit down, please.” She motions to the bench across from her. “And do tell me more about your boss. It is terribly cruel of him not to allow you to keep the little fuzzy. What does he look like?”

Only seconds now... mere seconds... and Sevet will have bought his new boss the six minutes time he wanted.
    Mayhala nods just enough to confirm she understood, and shifts her gaze to the doors, the thin shadow-rope around her wrist detaching, and teleporting over to them, so that it can act as a tripwire, if needed.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Barbarian in the Playground

Alysha has exactly the reaction that Sevet’s boss had hoped Winguardia would have. Only Alysha’s response is magnified about 1000-fold because… well… probably because she’s Alysha and it is what she does. One would have to check with Kerfuffle to confirm that.

With the kitten-cuddling position being hogged by the happy hyper vampire the winged hybrid vampire has time to analyze this situation.

First, she nods to Rhyan, understanding the ‘pick up that thought later’ look very clearly.

Next she pauses to think. She fixes her eyes firmly on the skeleton. At this distance they are completely black with very little white sclera visible on the edges and have an odd slowly swirling sheen to them, like an oil slick on the pavement in July. Her stare is HIGHLY unnerving when she wants it to be.

Mayhala is buying her time to put ten and ten together and come up with something very near twenty. The subtle changes in her expression as she contemplates this situation cannot bode well for the skeleton.

Of course, it is also buying the skeleton EXACTLY what he wants: time. His boss should almost be here by now. Sevet will not have to endure this much longer.

Finally she gives Mayhala a VERY appreciative gaze. One would conclude she is not accustomed to having others come to her defense, and is grateful and slightly caught off-guard. Yet, a knowing glint is in her eyes. She's just had a mental breakthrough. She places one hand on Mayhala’s arm, a gentle gesture asking her to back down just a little. Then her eyes flick to the exits, to Mayhala, then to the exits again. It's subtle, but she thinks the shadow-user will get the message: watch the doors.

“In our boney friend’s defense, Alysha looks like a cute kid, not a blood-sucking vampire. No offence Alysha.” She adds the last sentence even though she’s pretty sure it won’t break through the cute-zone.

Then her eyes return to the skeleton, her gaze as spine-chilling as ever. That is one thing he DOES have.
    “Sit down, please.” She motions to the bench across from her. “And do tell me more about your boss. It is terribly cruel of him not to allow you to keep the little fuzzy. What does he look like?”

Only seconds now... mere seconds... and Sevet will have bought his new boss the six minutes time he wanted.
    It's a good thing Sevet has literally no outward display of emotion. Those looks would easily have a fleshier version of him quaking and stuttering. But alas, he only shows what he wants seen. He's certainly terrified but they'd never know it. "Why, thank you." He says taking the seat. "It was rather cruel of him wasn't it. I you'd like to know what he looks like, he's a middle age man, portly, neck beard." Oh, I'm sorry, was she expecting a description of the boss? Sevet has had plenty of bad bosses to draw from. "Total slave driver, but the good of the job outweighed his fat mouth. Now that the shelter's gone, I'm stuck with him."

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

5. - Top - End - #95

Winguardia's suspicions are correct. Alysha has gone too deep into the cute-zone for mere conversation to grab her attention now.

However, she has moved to sit on the floor, legs sprawled out, so she can play with the kitten better. This may help Rhyan's allergies some, since the kitten is a little further away.

Alysha seems to be enjoying herself, at least.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

Phity-Plat looks over the finished contestants and twists his neck to pop it. "A'ight then, its time to git down."

The elf strides to the center of the room, taking a look around. His hands begin to glow softly with white light and all other sounds begin to die down by magic. He closes his eyes and twists his cap, causing a slow and heavy beat in the air, corresponding to his heart.

His eyes still closed, he throws out his arms before bringing his hands in front of himself as if he had a turntable in front of him. His body begins to rock to the beat, hands steady, but with a sudden twist of his wrists the light shoots from his hands to suffuse the Den. When his eyes open, they glow dimly white and he looks directly at Michicora as he starts singing to her. His words are slow but match the rhythm.

"Couple weeks back, I was walkin' in Red
    3a.m., earla mornin', ever'one in bed.
    Caught a glimpse of a dame
    Didn' think nuthin' an' kept goin' down the lane."

After his first stanza, he falls to his knees in front of Michicora, looking like he's nearly begging. His distraught expression is completely at odds with his original attitude as he continues to sing to the elf.

"Days later, I saw ya again, lookin' ya best
    Ya was walkin the street, wearin' ya cute l'il dress
    You and ya raven hair standin' above the rest
    An' there I was, just gapin' at you.
    Mah heart started poundin', cryin' out in need
    Head was ringin', a warning I just couldn't heed
    Spine started shakin', makin' me fall to ma knee
    Ya cold look tore right through me, like some sorta voodoo."

Phity-Plat says it all to Michicora, holding his hands close to his chest, as if holding in his heart, keeping it from leaping out of him as he looks up at her with pleading eyes.

"Ya took my heart, wanted ya to be my girl.
    When ya said no, ya ripped it out and gave it a hurl.
    Ya rejection hit me like a pendulum on a bell,
    Ripped out mah soul and sent it straight to hell."

Slowly, Phity-Plat gets to his feet turning his back on the elf with a look of hurt and disgust, turning his back to her and giving a dismissive gesture. His head is low, as he takes a couple steps and he looks around the Den.

"I tried to forgit her, for days I did
    But every time, thought of her came from where it hid
    Ev'ra step I took meant three back my mind had slid.
    I knew I'd git over her, but there was no tellin' when.
    But then jus' last week, I saw her again on the street
    My eyes drank her in, takin' all they could eat
    I knew right then, once more we had ta meet.
    I got down on mah knees and begged once again."

"Ya took my heart, wanted ya to be my girl.
    When ya said no, ya ripped it out and gave it a hurl.
    Ya rejection hit me like a pendulum on a bell,
    Ripped out mah soul and sent it straight to hell."

By the time he gets to his chorus again, he's once more on his knees in the middle of his little clearing, looking up at Michicora forlornly. He obviously needed her, completely lost in her beauty and grace, swept away by the sheer force of her presence.

"Today, seeing ya here, I have to ask
    I need to hear your answer, to give me one last chance.
    I've stripped away my pride, stripped away my mask
    Milady, if you'd give me one final answer, what is ya stance?"

The elf looks up at her hopefully, offering her his empty hand for her to take.

"Last time ya 'jection hit me like a bell.
    Ya ripped out mah soul and sent it packin' ta hell.
    Ya last couple answers haven' been too swell.
    What's ya answer Milady? Please, pray tell."

With his last stanza, the beat begins to die off till just a quiet and nervous heartbeat could be heard as Phity-Plat awaits his answer from the complete stranger. Regardless of what it is, he can't help but think this is one of his better performances.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

“I’m sorry, dear.” She tells Rhyan. The ‘dear’ is said in a tone used with a friend, and is there to avoid telling anyone in hearing Rhyan’s name. She only called Alysha by name because the girl had already loudly introduced herself. “Maybe step out for a little fresh air? If you thought the city skyline was pretty by moonlight it is probably even better by day. Pity I can’t see it for myself… oh, you could describe it for me?” Odd... I don't remember Rhyan enjoying the skyline last night...

She isn't sending Rhyan out into an ambush, and she knows it, because the skeleton wasn't here long enough to have observed her interacting with the drow necromancer. If he is here to watch Winguardia, he couldn't have called anything about Rhyan in to his boss.

Attention returns to the skeleton again.

An accurate description of Sevet’s real boss? No, no, she was hardly expecting that. She merely wishes to get him talking. Most of the tells she would usually rely on are missing in this fleshless skeleton, so she focuses on the cadence of his voice. Since he’s describing a real person who truly was his boss at one point, his words lack most of the infinitesimal pauses one employs when spinning a lie from scratch. Reading human emotions is one of her specialties, but it isn’t working well on this undead.

“So you’re looking for a new boss and a little coin. Same here. You shouldn’t be stuck with him….” Her voice trails off as she allows herself to be distracted by the ongoing musical performance.

“Quite the performer that kid is, yes?” she says to the skeleton, pointing in the direction of the fellow on his knees singing his heart out.

Wing is sitting on a bench with her back to the wall. The skeleton is sitting across from her. This means that with her simple motion toward the performance she is trying to get him to turn and look away from her.

Meanwhile, outside, a man with enormous wings has just landed on the rooftop of an adjacent warehouse. His long hooded cape keeps the sun off of his skin and casts his face into impenetrable shadow.
    Expect my character 'Wanderer' to simply vanish. Please always err on the side of continuing without me. My schedule makes my posting patchy at times and I don't want to hold up other folks' fun.

Former alias: wingrae, Wooly Winged Wonder

I'm officially back! Whee! I should be able to post regularly for a few months :-)

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

Gideon is entranced by the music, all rhythm and no melody, reminding him of the tribal chants he'd grown up with. This was more mature though, more evolved in a way he didn't understand, for the skinchanger had never heard of metrical lines.

He sits and watches Michicora with bated breath, hoping she won't turn down her talented admirer, and completely unaware that the performance was part of a musical competition and had thus been for the judges and audience rather than for the girl.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

9. - Top - End - #99

"Looking? Nah, I'm stuck with him til a better gig presents itself or he croaks." Sevet explains, and truthfully no less. "Minion's gotta have rules."

At mention of the rapper he does turn his head, no idea he's being duped, but only for a moment. "I wasn't really paying attention to him. rap's not my thing."

My Characters

10. - Top - End - #100

"Been here before." Michicora replies briefly before the music starts around them.

Part of the reason her replies are so short is that she's paying more attention to their surroundings and potential threats then the conversation itself.
    The rappers look at her doesn't catch her attention right away but she quickly realizes he's actually singing to her.

As he strides closer she have a hard time putting him into a good category, potential threat? Civilian? Assassin?

Once Plat holds his arms against his chest she take a look around the rest of the tavern, starting to getting nervous. Was everyone staring at them right now? Was this some sort of trick?

As he steps towards her again she can't really help but to blush. What in Kouri's name was all this about? She should probably have left there but the thought never really struck her behind as she suddenly felt very lightheaded. This had never happened before, she was completely out of her element here.

Who was this strange man and why in the void was he singing to her in that odd voice?!

The huntress felt the panic building inside, she had no idea what to do, what to say. She just wanted to escape.

Once Plat kneels in front of her he can probably tell she's rather nervous by the fact she's blushing and looks like she want to be anywhere else right now.
    An awkward silence will follow as Michciora desperately attempts to warp her head around the situation.
    Finally she figures it must be some sort of act, a joke and bends down whispering, "Wha-what am I supposed to say?"

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

Rhyan nods to Winguardia, and takes a deep breath, guessing at the hidden meaning behind her friend's words.
    "That sounds like a good idea. Thank you."
    She smiles, sneezes again, then stands to head outside and scan the skyline.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Thenadier stomps his cane on the floor and stares into the judges face with his spiteful emotionless face.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

[Outside the BDD]
    Rhyan will be met with a bright sky, sunlight pouring down between the aging warehouses and melting the fresh snowfall from the night before. Should her eyes promptly fly to the rooftops, she will just catch sight of a dark and slightly larger than man-sized figure ducking behind the housing of a cooling unit on top of an adjacent warehouse roof. The size and shape may give her a bit of déjà vu… if she thinks hard enough, she might place that feeling as arising from her first glimpse of Winguardia the night before.

[Inside the BDD]
    The word ‘Minion’ makes Winguardia’s glare intensify, but it is as if she is not looking at the skeleton anymore, instead she is looking past him at her mental image of the man who hired him.

The instant the boney fellow looks away…

Winguardia slides her hand over the back of her neck, then quickly writes a few words on the rough table in a slick of oil.

Can U Track him?
    She tilts her head toward the skeleton to clarify who she means by ‘him.’ The message is meant for Mayhala, who is sitting beside her. She wipes the oil away with her hand immediately. She only gave Mayhala an instant to read the words.

The moment Sevet turns back to her, Winguardia begins speaking to him once more, though her eyes are still seething and focused beyond him.

“No shelter owner has a Minion. Drop the act. This means my friend’s assessment is correct, you were spying on me. It all fits. My affinity for felines is well known, you were told to try this tactic. And no Celestial would take a ‘Minion’. Ever. So you have just told me who your boss is.” She pauses.

Her eyes focus on the skeleton again and her gaze softens. It becomes kind. If he looks at her eyes they may seem to envelop his entire field of vision as she continues to speak. There is no magic involved, she simply has arresting eyes.

“You held that kitten like it meant something to you. I’ve never seen an evil creature appreciate small animals. You are not evil.” Another pause. “If your boss is the man I think he is… then he is evil."

She waits to see his response to all of this.
    Expect my character 'Wanderer' to simply vanish. Please always err on the side of continuing without me. My schedule makes my posting patchy at times and I don't want to hold up other folks' fun.

Former alias: wingrae, Wooly Winged Wonder

I'm officially back! Whee! I should be able to post regularly for a few months :-)

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

Phity-Plat offers Michicora a sly smile. "Ya don't need to say anything if ya don' want to. Just a song." He whispers back before standing and fixing his hat. "Thanks. If your interested, I don't mind leaving with ya after the judges give their verdict." He says with a smirk.

15. - Top - End - #105

Andy just sits next to her and sights. He wasn't really going to court her, but it's sad to be alone again. After all he won't say anything.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

[Outside the Door]

Ryhan frowns, and (not for the first time) wishes she knew more Diviniation...but as it is, her eyes remain fixed on the cooling unit. As she frowns.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #107

Sevet's focus is pretty entranced on her eyes. He needs to say something, anything to keep the charade going, but it's too late. "I paused too long." he let the surprise get to him. "Any excuse out of my mouth would be taken as a lie. Damn. Though to be fair, 'Minion' is my word. How I identify myself. Boss uses 'apprentice'." He tries not to comment on the cat thing, but he has an insatiable urge to make something clear. "You can't keep that cat by the way. It's mine." He pulls out a book of matches, strikes one, and tosses it into his eye socket, just to break eye contact. "How long has it been since I came out of the back? I lost count."

My Characters

18. - Top - End - #108

"Hrm..."

Judge Maggy frowns thoughtfully, sticking a finger in one of the curls of his enormous powdered wig. He's normally not much of a rap person, and he tends to hate those slimy elves with a fiery passion, but that was a pretty awesome display put on by Phity-Plat. Of course, the Electric Guitar Disco Soul Funk that Flarg showed off was pretty nifty, too. Thenadier's song was also quite stylish, but he's going to have to take a point or two off because it wasn't quite as original as the rest. Oh, and that one elf lady with the harp? Fudge her and her silly ancient medieval primitive monkey music. It sounds pretty and graceful, but it just goes on for far longer than Magtok's anywhere near comfortable sitting through. It takes a while before he finally comes to a decision for his scores, but he finally does so, and awards them as follows.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Phity-Plat's Performance
    A solid 9.

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Thenadier's Song
    An 8.5

Quote Originally Posted by Hipho View Post
    Flarg's Electric Guitar Disco Soul Funk
    A 9.5

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Lellienth's Fancy Harp Playing
    Another 8.5

Of course, whether or not the other judges see things the same way remains to be seen. This is still anyone's contest for now!
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2012-01-26 at 01:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

Thenadier nods at the ridiculously wigged Magtok.

20. - Top - End - #110

Great, after all suggestions both from her father and her friends about her seeing someone a man suddenly came up to her and asked, with a song no less.
    She really had no interest in social connections since they made her feel uncomfortable but she couldn't really say no to her fathers urging when they came up right to her.
    She wanted to sink through the ground and never be seen again rather then this to happen but despite her feelings she felt compelled to at least try. That's what her father wanted her to do.

"Yes... sure." She weakly attempts to smile.

Kouri save her.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

Unfortunately, Muse seems to have been spending the entire competition dozing in his reversed chair, eyes closed, leaning dangerously forwards on the two back legs, hovering on the verge of tipping. Mercutio coughs discretely, and the god wakes up abruptly, chair falling back onto all four legs with a sharp clack.
    "H'h? Wha'? S'competition over'lready?" Says Muse blearily, rubbing his heavily lidded eyes into a bloodshot pinkness.
    "Okay, so judging time, I guess. You'll excuse me if I don't do the whole 'numbers' thing. Math was never a strength of mine. I'd get to about four, and then forget whether nine or thirteen came next. Or was it fifty-three? Anyway."
    He points at Thenadier first.
    "You, just suck. Cribbing Les Miserables? Fail. Get lost."
    He points to Lellienth next.
    "You also suck, but get credit for the illusion work. Very nice. So that evens out to a solid 'meh', I think."
    Then the elf rapper with the ridiculous name that Muse's player refuses to type out in case it negatively impacts his IQ.
    "You... I've never actually heard that before. And I've heard everything, which means that it was an original composition. It also made my assistant here want to claw his ears out..." Mercutio grimaces. "...but luckily I'm the one judging it, not him, which means you get bonus points for your creativity, even though you only seem to have a rudimentary grasp of what 'language', 'rhythm', 'structure' and 'melody' are."
    Then finally Flarg.
    "And you... original composition and sparkly lights? I'd ask you to marry me, but I think my assistant would get upset." Cue said assistant looking at Muse askance.
    "So uh... that's it, I think." Muse frowns for a second.
    "No wait, that's not how you do it."
    "Uh... BEHOLD. I HAVE SPOKEN." Proclaims Muse somewhat more impressively, though it's somewhat undercut by the laughably feeble thunderclap accompanying it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Nexus] The Black Dragon's Den IX

Lewis looks carefully at the contestants, evaluating their performances mentally and with greater seriousness than when fighting exploding golems.

Flarg's show had been quite a groovy piece of music, the simple light effects complementing the style very well, but Thenadier had been much original for the competition, although the Pixie judge didn't recognise the source material.
    Then again, Lellienth's illusion had been very spectacular, quite impressive and very fitting for the song. Which was a good nostalgic song as well.

Phity-Plat's music took the price for showmanship and originality, however. Lewis suspected the mysterious new genre was common in the Nexus, reminding him of fighting the man and enormous sunglasses, but that did not stop it from being very well done!

Finally, the chippy trickster snaps his fingers and summons a series of large illusory tophats to hover above the contestants' heads.

"I have spoken as well! You may behold or be harmonious, but we prefer both!"

The hats show the relevant numbers for the judging in colourful text, jumping about to show itself off to the onlookers with a cheerful jingle.

Flarg: 9!

Thenadier: 8.5!

Lellienth: 10!

Phity-Plat: 9.5!
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

23. - Top - End - #113

GnomeWizardGuy

So I have a 9.5..... a 9..... and a "marry me"...... I believe me and Mr. Flat here are tied. he scratches his chin and shrugs. A tie? A tie breaker? I am fine with either or. Though I'd prefer the tie breaker.
    Last edited by The Bandicoot; 2012-01-26 at 04:10 PM.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

[Inside the BDD]
    The word ‘Minion’ makes Winguardia’s glare intensify, but it is as if she is not looking at the skeleton anymore, instead she is looking past him at her mental image of the man who hired him.

The instant the boney fellow looks away…

Winguardia slides her hand over the back of her neck, then quickly writes a few words on the rough table in a slick of oil.

She tilts her head toward the skeleton to clarify who she means by ‘him.’ The message is meant for Mayhala, who is sitting beside her. She wipes the oil away with her hand immediately. She only gave Mayhala an instant to read the words.

The moment Sevet turns back to her, Winguardia begins speaking to him once more, though her eyes are still seething and focused beyond him.

“No shelter owner has a Minion. Drop the act. This means my friend’s assessment is correct, you were spying on me. It all fits. My affinity for felines is well known, you were told to try this tactic. And no Celestial would take a ‘Minion’. Ever. So you have just told me who your boss is.” She pauses.

Her eyes focus on the skeleton again and her gaze softens. It becomes kind. If he looks at her eyes they may seem to envelop his entire field of vision as she continues to speak. There is no magic involved, she simply has arresting eyes.

“You held that kitten like it meant something to you. I’ve never seen an evil creature appreciate small animals. You are not evil.” Another pause. “If your boss is the man I think he is… then he is evil."

She waits to see his response to all of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Sevet's focus is pretty entranced on her eyes. He needs to say something, anything to keep the charade going, but it's too late. "I paused too long." he let the surprise get to him. "Any excuse out of my mouth would be taken as a lie. Damn. Though to be fair, 'Minion' is my word. How I identify myself. Boss uses 'apprentice'." He tries not to comment on the cat thing, but he has an insatiable urge to make something clear. "You can't keep that cat by the way. It's mine." He pulls out a book of matches, strikes one, and tosses it into his eye socket, just to break eye contact. "How long has it been since I came out of the back? I lost count."
    Mayhala's response forms for a second underneath the table, shadows curling into an elegant script.

I think so.
    And then Sevet asks how long its been since he came out, and she laughs, some of the taint Winguardia sensed in her when they first met showing through when she does.

"Whoever you Sent to will get here when they get here. In the meantime, we're not going to tell you how long you have to keep us talking for,"
    she says, grinning cruelly at him, eyes shifting to full blackness, seeming to stretch into an unimaginable distance, as though they're holes connecting directly to the blackness of space, the spirit she bound to her soul fully expressing itself. "Now, who really hired you?"

When she asks this, she tries to look directly into Sevet's sockets; if it works, and the skeleton isn't especially resistant to such things, the colors of the room should begin to fade, almost imperceptibly at first, everything seeming bleak and grey, and he should start to feel there's no point in hiding things from them anymore, that what he's been doing is doomed to failure, and he might as well simply give up, as well as an apathy that should make it extremely unlikely for him to try to resist the effects, or break eye contact with Mayhala.

Though it should be noted that she's still watching the doors, through the shadows around them.

-----------

Meanwhile, Lellienth is trying to figure out just what Muse's scores mean. Thenadier's pretty obviously out, having been given the lowest score by the other two judges and a 'get lost' from the deity, but the others are... less simple, to say the least.

Lellienth has a quite respectable 18.5 from Magtok and Lewis, but what on earth does a 'solid meh' count for? 3? 5? A few points could mean, at least, the difference between third and second place, even if she's almost certainly not going to take first.

Phity-Plat started with an 18.5 as well, but the elf's score, once again, is indefinable - how many bonus points? And what was his original score?

Flarg started off with the same score as the previous two, and a 'marry me' is clearly a ten, which puts him first.

The drowess stands, and steps forward, in front of the judges.

"I'd like to protest the results of the contest. As far as I can tell, it's impossible to work out what half of the people in it scored, which is pretty obviously unfair to them. As such, I request that the contest be re-held, with a... less cryptic... third judge."

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

Mercutio gives an imperceptible sigh, then coughs discretely, hoping to get the attention of the contestants.
    "If you require numbers, I believe these ones most accurately reflect my Master's wishes." Says Mercutio, reaching into a pocket of his waistcoat to pull out a series of numbered cards, which he flashes at each of the contestants in turn.
    Thenadier gets a 3!
    Lellienth gets a 6!
    Elf rapper gets a 8!
    Flargh gets a 9!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

26. - Top - End - #116

Slowly, Alysha starts paying attention to everybody else again. She notices that Rhyan left, and that there's tension in the air. One hand still holding her Keyblade, and the other still petting the kitten, Alysha watches and listens to her friends and Sevet.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    Mercutio gives an imperceptible sigh, then coughs discretely, hoping to get the attention of the contestants.
    "If you require numbers, I believe these ones most accurately reflect my Master's wishes." Says Mercutio, reaching into a pocket of his waistcoat to pull out a series of numbered cards, which he flashes at each of the contestants in turn.
    Thenadier gets a 3!
    Lellienth gets a 6!
    Elf rapper gets a 8!
    Flargh gets a 9!
    Lellienth bows to Mercutio.

"That would appear to settle the confusion. I withdraw my request," she says, stepping back.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

Thenadier looks abhorred at his scores.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Phity is about to reply to Michicora when the scores are shown. At first, he frowns, but by the end, he's scowling, obviously bothered, but he'd had to accept what they said. He'd object, call for a rematch and try to beat Flarg in a face-off, but he had a Rep to consider. Gritting his teeth, he turns to him. "What instrument?"

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

Unaware of the events that have been going on in the bar for the last little while, a short green woman enters, a glowing staff strapped to her back. Atop her head is a thick bone structure that resembles a tortoise-shell. Her skin is patterned with darker green stripes and swirls, almost like natural tattoos.

She is a Blarg. Not a goblin, a Blarg. There's a difference, no matter how small.

Moving in towards the bar, she isn't quite tall enough to see more than her shell-head and eyes over the counter. Nevertheless, she seems to expect service, demanding a stiff drink before climbing to sit on a stool and looking around the bar.