New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 80 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3055707172737475767778798081828384858687888990105130 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,400 of 4053
  1. - Top - End - #2371
    Banned

Daemon

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

OOTS everyday is listed as "mystery prize 6". Not 5, as it should be. Is that a math error?

2. - Top - End - #2372
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

You miscounted. The mystery prizes are:

- Julio Scoundrel
    - Dim Sun
    - Sir Francois and Elan
    - The Hit Point Pad
    - Haleyo and Julelan
    - Daily OOTS
    Last edited by RMS Oceanic; 2012-02-14 at 06:35 AM.
    "They couldn't know that the points from the mainline to the siding were frozen, and the signal should have been set at 'DANGER', but snow had forced it down."
    - The Flying Kipper

3. - Top - End - #2373
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RMS Oceanic View Post
    You miscounted. The mystery prizes are:

- Julio Scoundrel
    - Dim Sun
    - Sir Francois and Elan
    - The Hit Point Pad + Wallpapers + Stickers
    - Haleyo and Julelan
    - Daily OOTS
    Fixed that for you, but the count is right.
    Nothing to see here, move along.

4. - Top - End - #2374
    Banned

Daemon

But Haleo and Julean is listed as mystery prize 4! Although, really, we have 8 mystery prizes.

5. - Top - End - #2375
    Ettin in the Playground

Just roll with it. Mystery Prize Five, Six, Eight, Eleventy-twelve. Just roll with it.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

6. - Top - End - #2376
    Pixie in the Playground

Beholder

I am after Snips and Snails myself as I have the other books - I picked the $25 option and added $30 (plus shipping) for a book, and I will choose Snips as it says 'any' book.

7. - Top - End - #2377
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ChuddleyFuttock View Post
    I am after Snips and Snails myself as I have the other books - I picked the $25 option and added $30 (plus shipping) for a book, and I will choose Snips as it says 'any' book.
    I don't think that works considering it was a limited edition and most of the awards giving it has run out. Your order will probably be considered last, after filling everyone elses. Perhaps you should ask Rich.
    But best of luck to you.

Edit: I'm sorry.
    Last edited by Forbiddenwar; 2012-02-14 at 10:49 AM.

8. - Top - End - #2378
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

Don't ask Rich. It will work just fine. "Pick any book" means exactly that. Let me worry about the stock levels, I don't expect to run out during this drive unless there is a sudden surge of 1000+ orders for SSADT on the last day.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

9. - Top - End - #2379
    Ettin in the Playground

So just looking at the drive.

Since the last update, we're up roughly $50,000. We are also up about $80,000 from the last goal line.

Rich, unless you keep finding ways to spend our money, it looks like you'll be able to stick a hefty hunk of change in the bank to save toward the printing of the next book after all.
    Last edited by SaintRidley; 2012-02-14 at 11:00 AM.
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

10. - Top - End - #2380
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flame of Anor View Post
    HEY GUYS LISTEN

There's an Erfworld Kickstarter that just got going, so those of you with any money left (I know, not great timing on Rob's part) should go and contribute!
    Damn. That's a good 5,000 option.

11. - Top - End - #2381
    Dwarf in the Playground

Question Kickstarter

Will any of the surplus be used to help fund any charities? I erroneously believed (to nobody's fault but my own) that some of money was going to an educational charity. Don't get me wrong, I like where this fundraiser's going, and I'm still glad I donated (even if I didn't read all the details). I'm just curious if there are plans to give away some of the money.
    If wishing for an apocalyptic zombie infestation is wrong, then I don't want to be right. (Not an actual quote, but true to me .)

With enough kinetic force, you can solve anything.

12. - Top - End - #2382
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Brau View Post
    That's a very good "pool" option for large gaming groups.
    Let the Yaggle Gakkle-ing begin.
    Beware! Beware!
    All children of the 'ground

13. - Top - End - #2383
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Kickstarter

Quote Originally Posted by A Gray Phantom View Post
    Will any of the surplus be used to help fund any charities? I erroneously believed (to nobody's fault but my own) that some of money was going to an educational charity. Don't get me wrong, I like where this fundraiser's going, and I'm still glad I donated (even if I didn't read all the details). I'm just curious if there are plans to give away some of the money.
    No. From what I read, any money left over would be set aside for future products, like the $16k Rich had already set aside to reprint W&XP before the Kickstarter began. I have no complaints about that.
    "They couldn't know that the points from the mainline to the siding were frozen, and the signal should have been set at 'DANGER', but snow had forced it down."
    - The Flying Kipper

14. - Top - End - #2384
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RMS Oceanic View Post
    No. From what I read, any money left over would be set aside for future products, like the $16k Rich had already set aside to reprint W&XP before the Kickstarter began. I have no complaints about that.
    Likewise, this. Having some operating funds to get us out more books is not something that bothers me.

I admit, I'd like to see an option to add on a deluxe edition for those of us already ordering books. Extra for S&H, whatever...Gots to get my Snips, Snails, etc, and I tragically do not yet have a copy of the OOTS board game. Also, there's no obvious upgrade for Snips and snails + war and xps + board game unless I've missed it. If it doesn't happen, Im sure my local game shop will eventually upgrade to the deluxe edition instead of the normal ones they have now, though. So, worst possible outcome still results in me getting all the things.

I admit I am pretty happy to see this fundraiser doing so well. Back to fifth place!
    Last edited by Tyndmyr; 2012-02-14 at 12:00 PM.

15. - Top - End - #2385
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tyndmyr View Post
    Likewise, this. Having some operating funds to get us out more books is not something that bothers me.

I admit, I'd like to see an option to add on a deluxe edition for those of us already ordering books. Extra for S&H, whatever...Gots to get my Snips, Snails, etc, and I tragically do not yet have a copy of the OOTS board game. Also, there's no obvious upgrade for Snips and snails + war and xps + board game unless I've missed it. If it doesn't happen, Im sure my local game shop will eventually upgrade to the deluxe edition instead of the normal ones they have now, though. So, worst possible outcome still results in me getting all the things.

I admit I am pretty happy to see this fundraiser doing so well. Back to fifth place!
    The Really Big Box option at $115 lets you pick one book and then add on others books at an additional cost.

16. - Top - End - #2386
    Halfling in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

I don't want to bug Rich with this if i dont have to so can anyone tell me if this has been answered already?

Is the "Sticky Shticks" mini expansion a pledge drive exclusive? I don't own the game (and can't afford to pledge to get it just now, international shipping being what it is) but am planning on getting it at some point. I don't want to miss out on the mini expansion if this is going to be my only chance to pick it up.

17. - Top - End - #2387
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Brau View Post
    Think anyone will go for the $10,000 option?

18. - Top - End - #2388
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LightsOnNo1Home View Post
    I don't want to bug Rich with this if i dont have to so can anyone tell me if this has been answered already?

Is the "Sticky Shticks" mini expansion a pledge drive exclusive? I don't own the game (and can't afford to pledge to get it just now, international shipping being what it is) but am planning on getting it at some point. I don't want to miss out on the mini expansion if this is going to be my only chance to pick it up.
    Best to get it now. Extras will be thrown up on Ookoodook, but it will be a small number and when it's sold out it will be sold out forever and never reprinted.

19. - Top - End - #2389
    Orc in the Playground

Is the "Sticky Shticks" mini expansion a pledge drive exclusive?
    Sort of. To wit:

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Burlew at Kickstarter, in the comments for Update #19, "about 19 hours ago"
    It is not strictly exclusive to the drive in the sense that we will probably print few hundred extra and throw them up on Ookoodook when they come in for people who can't pledge due to not having a US credit card. But it is a limited edition, in the sense that we won't reprint it once those run out.

20. - Top - End - #2390

HalflingWizardGirl

Thank you both :)

21. - Top - End - #2391
    Troll in the Playground

Relavent information:
    Here's the important part: You can add the Sticky Shticks mini-expansion onto any reward package for an additional $6. Just increase your pledge like I showed you in the last update. But—and this is important—you'll need to remember that you did so and mark it on the survey we send out asking for your shipping addresses after the drive is over.

Sticky Shticks will fit in anything.
    Got the $10 award? Add $6 to get the cards (20 cards doesn't add that much to international shipping, in fact none at all)
    Last edited by Forbiddenwar; 2012-02-14 at 01:17 PM.

22. - Top - End - #2392

HalflingWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Forbiddenwar View Post
    Relavent information:

Got the $10 award? Add $6 to get the cards (20 cards doesn't add that much to international shipping, in fact none at all)
    Sorry, it's the game I can't afford to pledge for, not the expansion. I just didn't see the point in getting the expansion just now when I don't own the game if I could pick it up along with the game at a later date.

Given that it looks like it will be a very limited run, I'm probably better off getting it just now rather than waiting.

Again, thanks all for the assistance :)

23. - Top - End - #2393
    Pixie in the Playground

Imp

At $741,711 pledged and 9,559 backers, the average pledge is about $77.59

24. - Top - End - #2394

Sorry, it's the game I can't afford to pledge for, not the expansion. I just didn't see the point in getting the expansion just now when I don't own the game if I could pick it up along with the game at a later date.

Given that it looks like it will be a very limited run, I'm probably better off getting it just now rather than waiting.
    For what it's worth, I am in the same position and came to the same conclusion; I think that is the best thing to do for someone who does not own the game but is or may one day be interested in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gift Jeraff View Post
    It'd be fun if the ending of the graph story depends on how much money is raised at the end.
    All joking aside, if Rich added several goal levels to the chart at greater intervals than we've seen so far with each representing a happier ending for the chart comic, it would probably be the most effective carrot for the entire Kickstarter. Gamers would eat up the idea of multiple endings and eagerly work towards influencing the outcome of this gaiden. I don't think that this is something that Rich would do as an author (doubly not now that he's committed to working so hard this week on the regular strip), but if he did—if he made a real game out of this last stretch with the result that a comic's story would actually turn out differently depending upon what the community managed to raise—I think it would be powerful enough to pull the whole thing up to a million by the end. More importantly, it would raise money without also having already allocated the funds for reward fulfillment, simply padding out Rich's coffers a bit for the future.

Incidentally, ever since the dragon showed up, I've felt a little confused. I saw someone say it might be an "off the map thar be dragons" sort of deal, but since it breathed ice I have surmised that its appearance is related to the high atmosphere of the chart. Is this how other readers are taking it?
    Last edited by internisus; 2012-02-14 at 05:08 PM.

25. - Top - End - #2395
    Troll in the Playground

So, I hate to say this, The giant will look stern and then the mods will come by and sweep up my fanboy broken heart

But
    After I've read a few "I wish I could get the books, but they are out of print" in this very forum
    perhaps we should buy the banner for a day. For great justice?

No one doubts that this forum and the amazing community around it would not be here if it wasn't for the comic. And this would be the easiest way to get the whole forum to know of the kickstarter to support the comic that made this forum possible.

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by internisus View Post
    All joking aside, if Rich added several goal levels to the chart at greater intervals than we've seen so far with each representing a happier ending for the chart comic, it would probably be the most effective carrot for the entire Kickstarter. Gamers would eat up the idea of multiple endings and eagerly work towards influencing the outcome of this gaiden.
    Better than "$X or Haley dies" which I detest, perhaps "If the final amount is an even number, than Y will happen" I doubt we are the community to take money away just to get a certain outcome, but adding an additional dollar or two will make it even more fun.

Edit again: Math geniuses ( geniusi?) out there, what was the highest pledge day and how does the last one (around 70k I think) compare?
    Last edited by Forbiddenwar; 2012-02-14 at 05:16 PM.

26. - Top - End - #2396
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by internisus View Post
    Incidentally, ever since the dragon showed up, I've felt a little confused. I saw someone say it might be an "off the map thar be dragons" sort of deal, but since it breathed ice I have surmised that its appearance is related to the high atmosphere of the chart. Is this how other readers are taking it?
    The dragon's horns don't match the other white dragons' horns we've seen in the comic. Rich has been good about consistency on horn shape for the various colors. See Comic here for all basic chromatic dragons and horns/frills.

So I'm guessing Cloud or Mist variant.
    It could also be Silver, but it seems very disgruntled since Silvers are traditionally LG.
    Last edited by WampaX; 2012-02-14 at 05:28 PM.
    Let the Yaggle Gakkle-ing begin.
    Beware! Beware!
    All children of the 'ground

27. - Top - End - #2397
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forbiddenwar View Post
    Edit again: Math geniuses ( geniusi?) out there, what was the highest pledge day and how does the last one (around 70k I think) compare?
    From my point of view highest pledge day was before Update 10 and was around 60-70k which makes today at least one of the two highest pledge days.
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #2398

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by A Gray Phantom View Post
    I don't care of Rich spends any surplus over planned projects on hookers & blow. As far as I'm concerned, it's his money (stipulated that all of the goodies are delivered). It's business.

I assume he'll put some aside for capital for future publishing efforts, of course. This would give him some breathing room for planning stuff out.
    My God.... It's full of stars....

29. - Top - End - #2399
    Dwarf in the Playground

biggrin Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

ATTENTION ATTENTION ATTENTION ATTENTION ATTENTION

I've already made my pledge, but just read all the updates for the first time, and got to this part:

Quote Originally Posted by Rich
    We crossed the $500,000 mark about an hour after my last update, making it official: half a million dollars of OOTS stuff. Mind you, before anyone thinks I'm buying a yacht with it or something, my best estimate is that around $200,000 of that is going strictly to the postage for shipping out the rewards!
    Hence my request: I only pledged $10, and I don't actually want any physical rewards - I'm only really interested in the 20-page .PDF O-Chul download (and possible subsequent downloads, but O-Chul is worth the $10). The way the pledge is set up I'm basically forcing Rich to spend monies on sending me a fridge magnet I don't want, when I'd rather it be spent on him being awesome, or rolling around in giant piles of cash if that's what he'd prefer. This especially because I'm an international customer and sending me things is more expensive.

If there's time, what I'd like is an extra option for $10 (AND NO LESS) where I ONLY get the .PDF and opt out of the magnet.

If this demand (I mean request) is fulfilled I may do something wildly extravagant like raise my pledge to $12 purely because of the warm feeling the attention will give me.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
    Last edited by Antacid; 2012-02-14 at 06:05 PM.

30. - Top - End - #2400
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

I noticed that the dragon has red eyes. This could this be an indication of it being an albino, or even just having different color eyes possible.

Quote Originally Posted by WampaX View Post
    The dragon's horns don't match the other white dragons' horns we've seen in the comic. Rich has been good about consistency on horn shape for the various colors. See Comic here for all basic chromatic dragons and horns/frills.

So I'm guessing Cloud or Mist variant.
    It could also be Silver, but it seems very disgruntled since Silvers are traditionally LG.
    Also, we know those horns are Tiamat's horns, however, if you look at the Familicide incident, see 639, you will see three different horn types, and in fact, in comparing the two strips, you will discover that Mama Dragon had horns different from Tiamat's black dragon head.

So, we can deduce that some dragonic characters have more than one phenotype possible.