New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail IC] Academy City II: Electrokinesis Is Love~

Krystal sighs. Kin, I appreciate that you're trying to get me to cut loose more...but, I feel bad about making most of these decisions. We're supposed to be doing this together. So, we should make the decisions together.

Besides, you might have some better ideas than me. If you let me choose everything, we'll never know.

That being said, I would suggest we call this...the Stronghold. What do you think?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

2. - Top - End - #692
    Ettin in the Playground

Kin finally dropped her arm, because she needed it to casually wave away Krystal's concerns. Her carefree smile made it clear that she wasn't the least bit bothered by taking a back seat.

"You feel bad about leaving me out? Well don't. Rest assured that I'm not making some noble sacrifice here; It's just that I don't get my happiness from the same things that you do. I've already told you exactly what I want out of our time together; So long as you keep up a steady supply of that, there's not the slightest need to worry about disappointing me."

3. - Top - End - #693

Clearly, Krystal wasn't going to get Kin to go along with joining in the decisions. At least, not this way. Time to change tactics.

What if asked you to help with these decisions? Because I like doing group things? Because it makes me feel better about it?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

4. - Top - End - #694
    Ettin in the Playground

Kin's dismissing arm dropped to her side, unable to swat away this latest volley. Her formerly carefree face suddenly looked decidedly uncomfortable, as two conflicting desires collided headlong inside her mind. It may not have seemed much to obsess over, but to Kin this was serious business. Should she risk contaminating the purity of her new friend's vision, or refuse and thereby go against said friend's creative wishes? Truly the sort of dilemma which would weigh on the hearts of even the greatest sages. When she did eventually give an answer, it was with a hesitation which showed that she wasn't at all sure about her decision

"T-Then I'd say okay. I'm not exactly comfortable with mixing our mental palettes, but if that's what you want..."

5. - Top - End - #695

Krystal smiles. Thanks. The way I see it, two heads are better than one.

She looks around the room. Guess we should pay for this place and start getting things ready, huh?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

6. - Top - End - #696
    Pixie in the Playground

There was a flicker of static as Daisuke responded.

"Why, yes, as a matter of fact-Shunkei Ina was her name. Have you happened across her, by any chance? According to Hanako, she was on a shopping excursion with a friend."

The second that Tobio mentioned Daisukes' name, Inas' face immediately drained of blood, becoming as white as a sheet. Reflexively, she clung onto Soujis' arm more tightly, before regaining a semblance of composure. Still, the trembling in her knees would have immediately given her away to anyone with a decent sense of observation; she clearly wasn't somewhere she was supposed to be, and she knew it.

__________________________________________________ _______________

While he was thankful for her kind words regarding monetary wealth, Shougo said nothing in response to her; to him, the shame regarding this set of circumstances was so deeply ingrained that it would take a lot more than that to change his mind about it; and waited for Moroe to finish what she had to say. As she did so, he looked at her, a little ill at ease, as she mentioned the various methods of subterfuge and espionage. He clearly was not fond of the idea of using such dishonorable tactics against even his hated foe, but seeing it as his only available choice, he swallowed his disdain and nodded in agreement. Still, although her plans had merit, he had to concede, if victory was purely what he was after (and arguably it was), it had left out one very important factor.

He could barely walk.

And even if Daisuke hadn't visited him today, for some obscure reason, it was pretty much an inevitability that he would at some point in the near future; and it was just as likely that he would pay Moroe a visit, too. That would be a spanner in the works, to say the least. And if she was right about them wishing to destroy him, regardless-And he had no difficulty at all in believing that-He doubted that he would even have a chance to get off his feet and help Moroe help him; as undeserving as he was of her help.

"You are correct, Ishimaru-senpai-But there is just one problem. I am still injured...Even though Daisuke has not yet visited me today, he will in the near future; I am sure of it. And he will find you, also."

He struggled to get out of bed. If Moroe let him, she would find that he was capable of standing by leaning on the bed frames, and maybe even be strong enough to walk on his own power, but little more than that. The very effort left his face taut with exertion.

7. - Top - End - #697
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Krystal smiles. Thanks. The way I see it, two heads are better than one.

She looks around the room. Guess we should pay for this place and start getting things ready, huh?
    "At your convenience, my lady!"

After travelling back down to the lobby, it was the work of only a few minutes to arrange their new purchase. Soon enough the receptionist was handing them a digital pad which only awaited their signatures to make everything official, which Kin promptly placed back on the desk because she couldn't hold and sign it at the same time. Her eyes briefly scanned the details before signing, paying special attention to the room's features but sparing barely a glance for the surprisingly high rental fee; Well, high by the standards of kids who didn't regard caviar as a mid-morning snack. Her half of the procedure accomplished, she stepped smoothly aside to allow Krystal access to the pad.

"There you go, ready and waiting. You should probably check it over just to be sure, but as far as I can see everything looks perfect."

----------------------------------------

Moroe quickly motioned for Shougo to lie down again before he did himself another injury. Also, the sight of him struggling to stand was making her distinctly uncomfortable. Now it was time for the part of this discussion that he really wouldn't like.

"You're right. I've been talking as if we're going to be fighting side by side every step of the way, but the truth is that...Well, it's basically just going to be me. Before you start convulsing again, let me make two things clear: First, I'm going to do this regardless of your opinion, because if I don't then you'll probably die. And second, I didn't have to tell you any of this. It would have been much easier to just leave you in the dark and start the fight without your knowledge. But instead I decided that you deserved to know what I was doing; Don't make me regret that."

Her aura of authority had intensified over the course of this speech; By the end, it was practically visible to the naked eye. Every word and gesture she made almost screamed 'lie back, shut up and let me handle this'.

"As for them reaching you, don't worry; I've got that part covered. Besides, they'll probably be more interested in going after me right now. Now, if there's nothing else, I'd better be going..."
    Last edited by Anyr; 2011-12-04 at 11:16 AM.

8. - Top - End - #698

Krystal nods and looks over the pad. If nothing seems out of the ordinary, she'll sign as well.

Alright! Time to start setting things up.

Should probably start with furniture and stuff. Oh, I know! We're gonna need a mini-fridge.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

9. - Top - End - #699
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

She might as well have be holding a sign that had in all bold letters 'I'm guilty!' under Tobio's observant eyes. He nods his head as he says, "I see. You said she was an almost ganguro looking girl correct? Cause I have a ganguro looking girl here with me along with the criminal Astraphobia. He had called her by her name otherwise I might not have asked you. She was with him at the arcade earlier when we started chasing him down. There is some familiarity between the to of them so I would wager that they have been together for a while. A few hours to say the least. We're apprehending Astraphobia now and we'll keep her with us." Tobio hated to do this, but she was assisting the man that had killed so many. He really didn't want to report her to her superior, but he had no choice.

10. - Top - End - #700

Technically, Souji hadn't killed anyone. Nearly tortured them to the brink of insanity, yes, but never killed.

"I am afraid that Ina-san is not going with you. She is not involved with these allegations you have made towards me."

He doesn't flinch as Ina's grip tightens on his arm.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

11. - Top - End - #701
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio simply keeps his look on Astraphobia. His face is the epitome of calm. However Souji may be able to see that the fact that he has to report Ina is tearing him up inside. After all the eyes are the window to the soul. "She may not have been involeved in your allegations but she has been around you for sometime. The closeness coupled with the fact that she went missing a few hours ago point to this fact. There is also the fact that she did not report you. If she didn't know you were Astraphobia she would at least have some reaction to all of this. Instead she has merely been looking apprehensive and now fearful. She probably would have even defended you. However the fact that she has not done any of these things point to the fact that she in fact did know who you are. This constitutes to aiding a criminal which is against the law." He pulls out a set of handcuffs and says, "Now if you would please get down on the ground. Any use of powers, use of force, or attempts to run will be seen as resisting arrest."

12. - Top - End - #702

Souji rolls his eyes. Cover was definitely blown. "Tell you what Judgement-san. Considering how... callously you have just insulted me and my friend, over, and over, and over, no. We're not going to let you arrest us for no reason. We're going to go away, and you're going to go away, and rethink you're prejudices against people with died hair and contact lenses. I'm Rei Nakamura, and I will be reporting you to your superiors in regards to your actions."

With a huff, Souji turns and begins walking away swiftly, Ina in tow.

13. - Top - End - #703
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio sighed. How stupid was this guy? No one puts in one contact, it didn't make any sort of sense. Besides, if he wasn't Astraphobia he would be arresting him to bring him in for identification. When people weren't sure of the person who commited a crime people with said person's features that the witness listed were brought in. The witness then identifies. If he had nothing to hide he wouldn't be trying to defend himself. "You know it would have made more sense had you said you had heterochromic eyes. Now stand still." With that firmness in his voice he skates forward to try to cuff Souji, preparing himself for an electric shock.

14. - Top - End - #704

Souji just turns sharply on his heel suddenly, and begins dragging poor Ina to the left.

"That wouldn't make much sense though. I am wearing contacts to cover my rather oddly colored eyes, and considering I died my hair silver on a dare, it makes an awful lot more sense to wear contacts to cover silver eyes that connect to me to someone I am not."

15. - Top - End - #705
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio simply follows his skates still rolling. As he does Astraphobia gives a good reason. However Tobio is rather good at thinking on his feet too. "That would maeke senes. However it would make more sense to just dye your hair a different color. If it was a dare then you completed it by dyeing your hair silver. Even if it wasn't complete a dare is hardly a reason to risk getting mistaken." At that moment they pass by one of the bulletin boards that has what Souji looks like on it, both parties seeing it. "It is also the fact that it is not just your hair and eye color. You also have the same facial structure and body build."

16. - Top - End - #706

Souji smiles condescendingly, inwardly cursing. How could this idiot notice such ridiculous things?!?! Those weren't even important features! "I have to allow the dye to wear off naturally, otherwise I would have to dye my hair pink. And I don't want that."

He bites his lip, almost as if in thought, as his mind runs rapidly to come up with a solution to Tobio's question. "The Clone Theory? There are sixteen people in the world who look exactly like you, statistically. Perhaps I am one of Astraphobia's sixteen."
    Last edited by Terry576; 2011-12-04 at 05:55 PM.

17. - Top - End - #707
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio was just really observant unless he was distracted. However now he is as focused and concentrated as he is going to get. He had once been a part of the Jr. detective club. Of course he quit when he learned about the kids in there lying about liking him and being his friend to his face. "So very true. However there are well over 1 billion people in the world. The probability that the even one of these clones lives in this singular city, never mind the area, or even the continent, is extremely slim."

18. - Top - End - #708

Souji couldn't help it - he let out a roar of laughter. He laughed and laughed and laughed. Damn did it feel good. He hadn't laughed like that in ages.

It was funny, after all. He was 2796, and this boy had just said it was a 'slim' chance of a clone of Astraphobia being in the area - when there had already been 2795 clones of Astraphobia previously. Good joke. Great joke.

"It's still a possibility. Besides, you've seen my ID card. It doesn't identify me as whatever Astraphobia's real name is. What did that boy call me... Fu-shi-chou... Souji?"

It's like he's never even heard the name before, stumbling over the unfamiliar syllables.

19. - Top - End - #709
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio shakes his head as he starts to speed up. "If that were really true you wouldn't have anything to worry about. You would go to the station get checked out and once it was confirmed that you were not Astraphobia you would be on your merry way. Running like you are now does nothing except for pile more suspicion on to you."

20. - Top - End - #710

"Except I'm not running. I'm walking away from an unjust accusation of a friend with said friend in tow. Perhaps if you had been a tad more polite about accusing random passerby of being your target, I wouldn't have been so crass about it."

21. - Top - End - #711
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio catches up to them as he says, "It's not unjust if it makes sense. After all didn't I confirm it with her superior? Plus her facial expressions and the shaking of her knees practically gave her away." He then tries to cuff them.

22. - Top - End - #712
    Dwarf in the Playground

It was at this point of listening patiently in on the conversation that something inside of Carver snapped. With a twitching eye he unsheathes his sword and has his illusion say,

" All right thats it, I've had enough of this. There will be no more of this blabbering. I have personally identified you which in of itself is more than enough to bring you in. On top of that you have in your compony someone who wasn't even the least bit surprised at being called an alleged criminal."

"I now only give you two options. Choice number one, you come with us for questioning. Choice number two, I knock you out and drag you there. Oh, and pick quickly because I'm at the point where I'm just going to do the second anyway."

To add to this threat the illusion takes on a near furious expression.
    There is good, there is Evil, and someplace inbetween.

The main difference is Evil is much more fun.

23. - Top - End - #713
    Atrum-Persavor
    Guest in the Playground

The air behind Tobio begins to... Warp, for the lack of a better term. A large sphere of air begins to refract light heavily for a second, before Ren and Mei appear.

"Hm. Seems like Tobio's got him. Anyway sir, you'll have to come with me. We need your help for an investigation."
    Last edited by Atrum-Persavor; 2011-12-05 at 06:41 AM.

24. - Top - End - #714

Souji floods his brain with electricity, hoping to increase his reaction time, and starts, the flood evaporating.

One of the people in front of him had vanished. And the other two weren't even reacting? Abilities that could do that were few, but the utter lack of reaction meant that they didn't even know. The clear double-take of astonishment vanishes as Ren and Mei appear. "Very well then. Ina-san? Please inform Daisuke-san that your day out has been cut short by Judgement, and you'll be returning home shortly."

He's decided to ignore everyone who isn't Ren, Mei, or Ina.

"Tobio-san? Judgement-san? That is how you request help for an investigation. Running up to me and shouting accusations makes me want to go away, not aid you."

25. - Top - End - #715
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tobio barely resists the urge to growl at Souji. However he restrains himself to remain professional. He was really glad that Ren came along as he was starting to get really annoyed. However he had to wonder now, how would the slippery eel try to get away this time. Everytime they seemed to have him he would slip away once again. It was only chance that they found him at the arcade. Well he agreed to help Ren at least so that meant that he would have trouble just walking out. As he tells Ina to leave he thinks for a moment. Ren-taichou seemed to have everything under control, and his continued involvement conversation wise did not seem to have any helpful benefit. He simply shrugs, after all he had already relayed everything to Daisuke-san including where she was. Still a shopping excursion with no new bags or merchandise? Not likely. Instead he simply says, "I'll make sure to be more polite and say please next time." in a flat tone of voice.

26. - Top - End - #716
    Pixie in the Playground

"O...Oh no, you must be making a mistake, Judgement-dono, haha, yeah...Y...You see, I was just out on a date with Rei-kun, my boyfriend...Not a criminal, totally not a criminal or Astraphobia, yeah..."

Very obviously a lie-Ren and Mei would have been able to see through it right away, again. By now, the thrill that was coursing through Inas' veins had turned almost entirely into ice-cold fear. There was no longer any fear of being caught-She pretty much already was! It was a lose-lose-lose situation any way it landed, and that was what killed her thrill. Even if she did make it out alive and without Judgement pressing charges on her, Daisuke would know she was with Astraphobia...And the thought of that was more terrifying than she could imagine.

She whimpered.

__________________________________________________ _______________

Shougo said nothing as Moroe told her what she was going to do; outwardly, his face was a blank wall, inwardly, he was a torrid mass of confusion, gratitude and self-loathing. Here he was, letting his senpai, who had nothing to do with his problems, really, face a dangerous man with a dangerous cadre of friends, alone. But then again, it was not like he had a choice in the matter; given his current physical incapability, he was more likely to get in her way more than anything else. And Moroe was clearly more than she let on; given what he knew of her, Shougo would not have been at all surprised if she was an experienced ex-gang member, with a powerful psychic ability that she would rather keep hidden.

But even so, his upbringing screamed at him to do something, anything, even though she was clearly very competent, even though she seemed so certain that she had it under control. But he could not. And at least she told him about what she was planning to do. So he grit his teeth, clenched his teeth, and mumbled a brief thanks to her; the true meaning of what he had felt being unable to be truly expressed in words.

"Understood, Ishimaru-senpai. Thank you."

As she left, and as he lay in bed, he was silently willing his body to recover faster, stronger, so that she wouldn't have to fight Daisuke and the Pure Streets alone-Not when he already owed her so much.

27. - Top - End - #717

Souji nearly sends a withering glare towards Ina. All he'd had to do was get into Judgement, tell Judgement-chan to bring up the file for Nakamura Rei, then they could have left.

In between of course, he would have made silly faces at Tobio, and laughed mockingly as he left the station. But these things would still be possible, just harder to accomplish.

"Ina-chan, bringing up my past isn't something we do in polite company!" He smiles politely, his mind racing. "You see, I used to be a part of a Skill-Out gang. We were called the Pure Streets, as we wanted to fix everything. Then we let in a few members with abilities. Not many, mind you, just a few, who wanted to help with our ideals - fix the Skill-Out gangs, fix the government, et cetera, et cetera. Then those few took over our gang, and kicked us out."

He winked at Ren. "Once we get to your headquarters, you can pull up my file and it's all there."

The funny part of Souji's story was that it was all true. The Pure Streets was originally a Skill-Out gang, and Nakamura Rei had been a part of them. Admittedly, that was back when Nakamura Rei went around as "Astraphobia" and his eyes exuded electricity, but nevertheless, Nakamura Rei was registered as an Ex-Con, because of his affiliation with the old Pure Streets. The new Pure Streets had taken over the old ones in that way - just a few members with abilities joined the ranks, and then Daisuke had, and then the entire organization went crashing down.

It was a pity too. The Pure Streets were a fairly respected Skill-Out gang, and had been getting closer and closer to their goal - fix up Skill-Out, then fix the world.

28. - Top - End - #718
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

(OOC: huh I think that I just realized something.)

Tobio is still wary, mostly because he is sure of what Carver showed him and how nervous Ina got. YOu don't get that nervous if your 'boyfriend' is an Ex-con. He was already busted for it, so I shouldn't be an issue. There was also the fact that she could have just said criminal, not Astraphobia directly. People tended to blabber when pressure was put on them. If Tobio was right Ina was one of these people. With a raised eyebrow he prepares to comment...only to crinkle his nose and say, "Ugh what is that acrid and horrible smell?" One might notice very small plumes of smoke rising from Ina's pocket. Souji did melt it after all.

29. - Top - End - #719
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Krystal nods and looks over the pad. If nothing seems out of the ordinary, she'll sign as well.

Alright! Time to start setting things up.

Should probably start with furniture and stuff. Oh, I know! We're gonna need a mini-fridge.
    "There you go again; Mini this, mini that. Maybe with you around I'll be able to make one of those 'budget' things that people are always talking about. Then again, we'll have to keep things small without some help with moving it here. Oh, and let's not forget our current...well..."

Kin glanced down at their linked hands.

"...So I don't think we'll be carrying any furniture today. But that won't stop us from browsing, right?"

----------------------------------------

Moroe strode out of Shougo's room with a purposeful step and a stony face. The first thing she saw upon leaving was a new recycling bin which now stood opposite the door, and to which she was careful to pay no special attention. The drone inside it had the easiest job among its 'squad': Stay there and watch for anyone (staff included) trying to enter the room. In contrast, the drones guarding the hospital's entrances would be taxing their basic AIs to the limit, as they sorted through the mass of visitors in search of anyone 'suspicious'. Moroe held out little hope that they'd be much good at it, but it was better than leaving them idle when she wasn't personally controlling them. Speaking of which, her gaming device was already in hand as she walked, its screen flipping rapidly between camera views.

With her partner hopefully protected, it was time to begin the operation. The first steps of this little dance between her and the Pure Streets would most likely be simple and predictable. Even knowing little about the people she was facing, Moroe felt confident in making some predictions about their next few moves.

"First they'll find an excuse to look at my file; Then they'll wonder how someone with a Level 1 food-based ability was able to rig a drone like that, but still be relatively sure that I was behind it; They'll also find out my address. From there they'll probably either break in and search the place, lie in wait for me, or both. If they break in they'll almost certainly find nothing, since I wasn't stupid enough to leave incriminating evidence lying around this time; And if they stage a surprise, it'll just be a cheap attempt to scare me...Probably."

Okay, so maybe there was more room for error on this than she'd care to admit. But regardless, the next step was obvious: Go home. Even if she was wrong about the lack of danger, at least she wouldn't be in her pyjamas this time...

30. - Top - End - #720

Krystal smiles. I was just thinking that since it's just the two of us, we don't really need a regular fridge.

But, yeah, let's go looking for stuff.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS