New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Wall III: Wall Harder

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post

Thank you for your offer. Though whether or not I accept it depends on his answer, of course, and what I see within you.
    Killing deities that abuse their powers over mortals is sort of my "thing". Somewhere between a hobby and a career, with a slight suggestion of fate.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

2. - Top - End - #32

I do believe I've just accidentally become an energy magnate...

Stop right there you second-rate charlatans! All request for duels with my new client will have to be submitted in writing to his manager: Me.

Zeus, you beautiful deity you, you don't need to prove nothing to these low-class losers. You're way too strong and smart and powerful and tan and good-looking to waste the two and a quarter seconds to watch these chumps hit the ground from fright just looking at you. You have way more important ways to spend your time. Like getting you established. Like so:

Ahem! To the city council of Inside, I offer you power on a scale you've never experienced before at a price formerly thought impossible. You can be powered by THE God of Storms for only one two farm animals and a measly twenty thousand dollars a month, which to any city the size of Inside would be a pittance in cost, and merchandising rights.

Oooh! Merchandising! Doesn't the word just make your mouth water Big-Z? Your gorgeous face on Action figures, T-shirts, children's sneakers, bedspreads, and anything else we can think of! You're going to be bigger than PB&J. They are going to write poems and songs about you! They already did, but these are going to be even better! Homer's going to look at those poems and think "Holy crap! How are these poems about Zeus so much better than mine?" Do you know why they're so much better Big Guy? Because he didn't see how awesome you are. He didn't see your awesome! Your Awesome! You're Awesome!

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

.../\...Brownoser...I'm always ahead actually! My insight is awesome!

4. - Top - End - #34

I thought I told you to quit while you were behind, idiot.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    You're kidding me, right? You're asking me, Me! To put up my MENESS, in some fight? You've clearly never rolled, rumbled, or tussled with the Zeusmeister hotlips, or you'd know that my bod is the worthiest thing around, and there aint nothing you could put up as collateral that's worth that. So no deal baby-doll, I don't take sucker's bets.

Who said that would be the change I made? There are many things I could do...

But if you would not risk your form, what would you risk?

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    Killing deities that abuse their powers over mortals is sort of my "thing". Somewhere between a hobby and a career, with a slight suggestion of fate.

Perhaps, then. It depends on what I see when I meet you.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ahead? You've lost every argument you've started and ruined any chance for success 'cause you couldn't keep your dumb mouth shut. It's getting hard not to kinda pity you, at this point.

So! I'll throw you a bone. Bring one million dollars to the center of the swamp of doom, alone, by twelve o' clock tomorrow, and we'll just sell you the damned soul.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    NOATASS;
    III WEL GIF REW ADRS FOR BRIGNING DLAMACRACKIONS'S'' BODYSS TO ME
    ADN SOM MIILKK
    TO DICSCUS IIT, PLES CAL TIHS NOMMER;:
    <number>
    Anyone calling the number will be met with a pleasant, calm (almost sleepy) voice, quite unlike the deranged purple scrawlings.

Tihs rew ard is lods of emone is iit nutt??

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Winning is everything. I see you've never met The Corporal Executive of Wing Omnicron/Clarke Tower Industries the Great Marciano Louv're!
    Being a good sport while playing the game is everything and then some. Remember kids, there's always someone better out there in the Nexus, but nobody likes a sore winner.

Then again, from what I'm hearing you don't have to fuss over that second reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcomet View Post
    Don't fall for anonymous scams! At Evolution Industries, we produce power units capable of catering to any and all energy needs.

We at Evolution Industries are proud partners of Remnant. If we're good enough for them, we are good enough for all.

Buy now, and all your energy needs will be met!
    And there's a prize in every box! One complimentary secret spy camera and transmitting array wired into every power unit free of charge! That's right, absolutely free!

Well, what are you waiting for? We can see you sitting right there on the couch! Get a move on and call today!

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Anonymous my foot, he's been putting his name all over the place. It's annoying honestly.

I'm honestly curious as to how you power something with souls. Do they burn like coal? Do you use them to heat water and spin a turbine?

Y'know what power Nexus could capitalize on? Wind and Hydroelectricity! I'm sure you could get some Poseidon analogue to conjure endless torrents of wind or water for something like, a sheep a month. Greek gods took sheep sacrifices right? Goats, sheep, cows, chickens, that sort of thing?
    Why of course the Greek gods took sheep sacrifices! Beggars can't be choosers, after all!

On a totally, absolutely, positively unrelated note, you've witnessed firsthand how Zeus hits on everything in sight, right?

I reiterate. Beggars can't be choosers.

No, I won't be dead. There are several of me. Kill one...I can grow another! There's three of you...I get to bring two companions right?

Evolution! EVOLUTION! Bahaha! You know, your lame little remnant reliant pathetic excuse of a company cannot rival the size, power, or even reputation of Clarke Industries!

My name is epic. Duh. Marciano Louv're! Like an awesomely awesome mint candy! I like candy...oh, you burn them like coal, the ectoplasm produces magic whitch powers stuff.
    Reputation? Really? I've never even heard of your corporation. Speaking of, aren't you a little old for make-believe?

Anybody free tonight? I'm looking to organize a raiding party! Let's storm Clarke Industries! So, any takers?

8. - Top - End - #38

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post

I do believe I've just accidentally become an energy magnate...

Stop right there you second-rate charlatans! All request for duels with my new client will have to be submitted in writing to his manager: Me.

Zeus, you beautiful deity you, you don't need to prove nothing to these low-class losers. You're way too strong and smart and powerful and tan and good-looking to waste the two and a quarter seconds to watch these chumps hit the ground from fright just looking at you. You have way more important ways to spend your time. Like getting you established. Like so:

Ahem! To the city council of Inside, I offer you power on a scale you've never experienced before at a price formerly thought impossible. You can be powered by THE God of Storms for only one two farm animals and a measly twenty thousand dollars a month, which to any city the size of Inside would be a pittance in cost, and merchandising rights.

Oooh! Merchandising! Doesn't the word just make your mouth water Big-Z? Your gorgeous face on Action figures, T-shirts, children's sneakers, bedspreads, and anything else we can think of! You're going to be bigger than PB&J. They are going to write poems and songs about you! They already did, but these are going to be even better! Homer's going to look at those poems and think "Holy crap! How are these poems about Zeus so much better than mine?" Do you know why they're so much better Big Guy? Because he didn't see how awesome you are. He didn't see your awesome! Your Awesome! You're Awesome!
    You my friend have just earned an honorary mention in the Hall of Me as the best thing since sliced lightning. Seriously, where the hell was this guy before? You got one thing oh-so-wrong though, aint nobody can manage the Z-God's awesome mights and awe inspiring sights, you dig that duggy? I go strictly commando, and ride those ozone waves wherever the wind takes me. Aint no way no Zeus is bein tied down to some power plant like some Superman on a treadmill.

Who said that would be the change I made? There are many things I could do...

But if you would not risk your form, what would you risk?
    A pile of phoenix teeth and a bucket of yo momma's dignity. If you wanna tempt a God into being stupid, try putting up a stake instead of throwing out challenges like you're a household name.

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    Why of course the Greek gods took sheep sacrifices! Beggars can't be choosers, after all!

On a totally, absolutely, positively unrelated note, you've witnessed firsthand how Zeus hits on everything in sight, right?

I reiterate. Beggars can't be choosers.
    *Stage whisper* Hey duderino, I hate to toss bolts of heavenly wrath at your hovel, but you need to check your spelling. I'm almost positive it's spelled buggerers.

Woah, you guys ever been dangerous sober? I'm so completely that right now. 'Scuse me a moment, this needs fixing. Zeus OUT!
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

9. - Top - End - #39

"Besides the obvious lightning-proof defenses, what would you suggest opening with for this one? Hypothetically speaking, of course."
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

10. - Top - End - #40

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    "Besides the obvious lightning-proof defenses, what would you suggest opening with for this one? Hypothetically speaking, of course."
    This one seems stupid enough to fall to a honey trap, if you're willing to go for that. Depending on your scruples, you may want to open with turning his family against him or slaughtering his priests and razing his sacred sites (Knossos, Dodona, the entirety of Mt. Olympus). As a God of Sky and Thunder, he is theoretically weak to chthonic power. If you have earth or dark magic, try those and let me know how effective they are. His favorite trick, apart from the lightning bolt thing, is changing people into things, so make sure you have a defense against involuntary transformation. He bears a shield that is said to strike terror into the hearts and minds of the wicked and he may fight with a double headed axe. If this Zeus is manifesting his divine powers in a flesh and blood form, then massive trauma may prove effective. It couldn't hurt to start out by shooting him in the head and seeing how well that works.
    Last edited by FireFox; 2012-08-22 at 09:49 AM.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

A pile of phoenix teeth and a bucket of yo momma's dignity. If you wanna tempt a God into being stupid, try putting up a stake instead of throwing out challenges like you're a household name.

In some places, I am...

But if you would have me put up something specific, fine. Myself, or the creation of a goddess for you. Will that suffice?

--Kansheri, Goddess of Change and Transformations

12. - Top - End - #42

This one seems stupid enough to fall to a honey trap, if you're willing to go for that. Depending on your scruples, you may want to open with turning his family against him or slaughtering his priests and razing his sacred sites (Knossos, Dodona, the entirety of Mt. Olympus). As a God of Sky and Thunder, he is theoretically weak to chthonic power. If you have earth or dark magic, try those and let me know how effective they are. His favorite trick, apart from the lightning bolt thing, is changing people into things, so make sure you have a defense against involuntary transformation. He bears a shield that is said to strike terror into the hearts and minds of the wicked and he may fight with a double headed axe. If this Zeus is manifesting his divine powers in a flesh and blood form, then massive trauma may prove effective. It couldn't hurt to start out by shooting him in the head and seeing how well that works.
    Let me level with you guy. You just dropped a nice big strategy on a public wallspace in plain sight against the guy you've been insulting this whole time, while you know for a fact he'd be paying attention, and you're calling me stupid? Call up the sweepstakes and give the man a prize, because this guy must have the biggest stones in the universe here. I have never been drunk enough to be that idiotic, and I once fought Typhon naked, blitzed out of my mind, and in a chariot. Got my sinews ripped out for my trouble too.

And as for canned sherry, making goddesses is just another tuesday night for the King of the Skies hunny. You've got nothing I want, so go pick your teeth on some other god's nethers and leave me to my awesome.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

13. - Top - End - #43

You my friend have just earned an honorary mention in the Hall of Me as the best thing since sliced lightning. Seriously, where the hell was this guy before? You got one thing oh-so-wrong though, aint nobody can manage the Z-God's awesome mights and awe inspiring sights, you dig that duggy? I go strictly commando, and ride those ozone waves wherever the wind takes me. Aint no way no Zeus is bein tied down to some power plant like some Superman on a treadmill.
    I

But

Big-Z

I already have a jet-ski salesman on the phone and-Oh, screw it. Even if I could change your mind, I dig the free spirit thing too much to try. Guess I'm NOT rich beyond my wildest dreams, but props from a Greek god never hurt anybody, so this might be a net gain. You keep being beautiful, Z-Money.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

In some places, I am...

But if you would have me put up something specific, fine. Myself, or the creation of a goddess for you. Will that suffice?

--Kansheri, Goddess of Change and Transformations
    Okay, this is seriously **** sick. You want to create a living thinking being to put up as stakes in a bet? You just toss that off as an option as casually as I'd toss a pair of earrings in to raise a poker bet?

PaleGreen, you really REALLY want to associate with these people? You can do better. A LOT better.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

Please direct all allegations of misconduct to the legal authorities. Evolution Industries is a law-abiding company and will cooperate with any legal investigation.

Evolution Industries power units are 100% spying free at no extra charge! We provide power that is not derived from religious sacrifice or highly illegal practices such as soul-stealing.
    Last edited by Darkcomet; 2012-08-22 at 02:14 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Okay, this is seriously **** sick. You want to create a living thinking being to put up as stakes in a bet? You just toss that off as an option as casually as I'd toss a pair of earrings in to raise a poker bet?

PaleGreen, you really REALLY want to associate with these people? You can do better. A LOT better.
    The message written below this shifts and writhes, cloaked in fog, making it unreadable for anyone save the intended recipient:

Spoiler
    Show

I am a literalist. When I offered to make a goddess for him, I meant only that I would create a new deity, and he would have some amount of input into the process of her creation, the extent of which would be determined by me, and likely, given what he has shown himself to be, minimal.

That said, my wording was intended to confuse him, so I can hardly fault you for misunderstanding my true purpose. My apologies for whatever distress I may have caused you.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-08-22 at 04:37 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcomet View Post
    Please direct all allegations of misconduct to the legal authorities. Evolution Industries is a law-abiding company and will cooperate with any legal investigation.

Evolution Industries power units are 100% spying free at no extra charge! We provide power that is not derived from religious sacrifice or highly illegal practices such as soul-stealing.
    Man, Lou'Vre. An ad-bot is presenting a better case than you and sounds smarter in the process. That's a new low, even by your standards.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

I win all the time! Remember when I stole all that money from Dipsnot and co? (Sup goblinbrains.) And when I robbed that inn...mutilated that drow in front of his girlfriend...became a gazillionaire...and power...

Siege Clarke Tower!!! BAHAHA! Zeta will roast you!

19. - Top - End - #49

Ooooh, you managed to commit a grand two crimes and then blindly stumbled your way into a fortune. I'm so impressed.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Let's not forget that he managed to butcher all of his employees with a beast that had got loose. Which... sort of counts as something, I guess. I mean, it could have been worse. He could have been killed, which would have been hilariously sad instead of just sad.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    ...all of his employees...
    Wait, you mean people seriously went to work for this idiot?

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Hundreds love, I own companies everywhere...other worlds...realms...everywhere...and now, starting back here! The Grundlekrunk? Bah...a failed creation. No one cares about a few dead miners.

23. - Top - End - #53

So, gonna ante up the cash and buy the soul, or what? Cause I think just trying to talk to you is making me dumber.

24. - Top - End - #54

You know that everyone can read this, figure out who you are, decide to not have anything to do with you, and bring your company's value all the way down, right? Either by either leaving their jobs for places that will value their lives, or by buying wares from your competition, or some other third thing I can't think of right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Magtok! Hey! Nah, I don't need this worlds commerce really...soon, the only source of power can only be bought from me!

Yo, the dumbskateers, 'ow much?
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2012-08-22 at 05:56 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56

They already said they want a million souls or a fight. Can you even read?

27. - Top - End - #57

Two million. If you're as rich as you say, that's nothing for enough energy to power the whole nexus.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Course I can read! It comes and goes really...You want a million bucks? Gold? Oranges?

29. - Top - End - #59
    Pixie in the Playground

Siege Clarke Tower!!! BAHAHA! Zeta will roast you!
    Thank you for publicly pleading guilty to two separate counts of criminal activity against upstanding citizens of our humongous City of Inside!

My husband won't badger me now when I claw open your ribcage and nom on your still beating heart and your super-shriveled lungs! And the more clones you have, the more hearts and lungs I could feast upon! Could I use your cloning machines like an automatic food dispenser? Sweet! But not as sweet as your liver!

I think I'll have to stop by and give that a go some time!

And fyi, your pet chiuaua doesn't scare anybody but you, kid.

Hundreds love, I own companies everywhere...other worlds...realms...everywhere...and now, starting back here! The Grundlekrunk? Bah...a failed creation. No one cares about a few dead miners.
    You do know that I care about those miners, don't you? I care and am glad that they're dead and no longer able to reproduce!

But seriously, why someone with the intelligence of a brick wall would work for Marciano is beyond me.

Oh. Right. I forgot. Imaginary friends don't have much of a say in the matter.
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2012-08-22 at 06:15 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60

One million dollars. What the hell would we do with oranges?