New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [FiM] Bridle Shores Commercial: Bits or Credit 2

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    "You know, it's killing me that I can't figure out how it even happened," remarked Heartflight. "Even ignoring the spontaneous transformation, the creation of a zerg queen typically requires extended periods of time inside a chrysalis. And don't even get me stared on ..."
    "Well, there was that one day where everypony's ages either went up or down. Maybe it bumped me ahead a few weeks and stuck me there, kind of like how it turned you back into a foal." Mystic hypothesizes.

2. - Top - End - #842
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Oh how foals make table talk weird. Eating Gwynfillion? Grills had not learn to mind his words as yet. "Well I am glad you like it. Maybe next time I will see if you like squash."

The stallion quickly transported his mind to daydream land. A new recipe had popped out of foalish inspiration.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

3. - Top - End - #843
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Silverpine's face scrunched in concentration as he tried to focus. Fairly unsucessfully, judging from his reaction. "Ngh... you're not... *groan* playing... fair... Fiv— Four!" He trailed off as he slumped to the floor, cooing again. Oh dear.

"All's fair in HPK and science! Bwaha'd,"
    She was relentless to get reactions out of him. "Babe...tell me.....your full name if you have one."

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Garion raised an eyebrow. The grown-ups were acting weird again. Oh well, nothing for it, they were silly ponies sometimes. The colt tucked into his grub, not feeling terribly hungry with all the snacks he'd been having, but Mister Grills' food was usually good enough to make room for. "Definitely better than eating Miss Gwyn." he proclaimed with a sage nod, before turning his attention back to his bowl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Oh how foals make table talk weird. Eating Gwynfillion? Grills had not learn to mind his words as yet. "Well I am glad you like it. Maybe next time I will see if you like squash."

The stallion quickly transported his mind to daydream land. A new recipe had popped out of foalish inspiration.
    Gwynfillion herself blushed and stared at her bowl in an awkward BSoD moment. Also an eye twitch. Too many romance books I say, too many.

4. - Top - End - #844
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Spin Top frowns. "Even if we do have it, I don't think AC/DC would really be an appropriate choice of music right now..." she observes disapprovingly. "We're losing enough customers as it is."
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

5. - Top - End - #845
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post

Gwynfillion herself blushed and stared at her bowl in an awkward BSoD moment. Also an eye twitch. Too many romance books I say, too many.
    Grills, with his need to be in charge in matter of food and eating. "Oh and Garion. It is typically not proper to talk about eating ponies. Please do no mention this incident to anypony else."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

6. - Top - End - #846
    Titan in the Playground

Grills, with his need to be in charge in matter of food and eating. "Oh and Garion. It is typically not proper to talk about eating ponies. Please do no mention this incident to anypony else."
    Garion peeked up from his bowl, head bowed. "Oh. I'm sorry Mister Grills. I won't mention it. A gentlecolt's never supposed to be imporp...imprap....rude." He leaned down for a delicate little nibble of rice, ignoring the fact that he'd been casually nomming away just a few seconds before.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

7. - Top - End - #847
    Troll in the Playground

Garion peeked up from his bowl, head bowed. "Oh. I'm sorry Mister Grills. I won't mention it. A gentlecolt's never supposed to be imporp...imprap....rude." He leaned down for a delicate little nibble of rice, ignoring the fact that he'd been casually nomming away just a few seconds before.
    Gwynfillion eventually unBSoD herself and lifted her fork with magic and took a forkful of spinach rice. Twas pretty alright. "Its good Grills, new menu item?"

8. - Top - End - #848
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Grills smiled as the awkward ordeal was now over. "You shall be a ture gentlecolt one day, Garion."

Gwynfillion eventually unBSoD herself and lifted her fork with magic and took a forkful of spinach rice. Twas pretty alright. "Its good Grills, new menu item?"
    Grills had a bite of his own. He wasn't trilled but was satisfied with his second bite. "Yes. A side dish. Something not roasted, baked, or fried. But I need another injection of bits to afford the Thundonions from the seasoning. And blazing horseradish for the cocktail sauce."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

9. - Top - End - #849
    Troll in the Playground

Grills smiled as the awkward ordeal was now over. "You shall be a ture gentlecolt one day, Garion."

Grills had a bite of his own. He wasn't trilled but was satisfied with his second bite. "Yes. A side dish. Something not roasted, baked, or fried. But I need another injection of bits to afford the Thundonions from the seasoning. And blazing horseradish for the cocktail sauce."

"Injection of Bits? Sounds dangerous,"
    She heh'd, though she figured it some business jargon, though Benson figured it some darn auto correct and couldn't help themselves.

10. - Top - End - #850
    Titan in the Playground

Well, now the adults were talking about confusing things again. Garion listened intently, his hoof on the trigger of his questioning mind. Grills looked ready for another mini-lecture, and that meant it was time for learning again.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-09-26 at 11:33 PM.

11. - Top - End - #851
    Ettin in the Playground

"All's fair in HPK and science! Bwaha'd,"
    She was relentless to get reactions out of him. "Babe...tell me.....your full name if you have one."
    "hnn...... Sil.. ver... pineeeeee...." he mumbled, eyes half-lidded as he continued to coo. Looks like Gearstride successfully reduced to stallions to mush with her magic hooves. Huh.

12. - Top - End - #852
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Injection of Bits? Sounds dangerous,"
    She heh'd, though she figured it some business jargon, though Benson figured it some darn auto correct and couldn't help themselves.
    Well, now the adults were talking about confusing things again. Garion listened intently, his hoof on the trigger of his questioning mind. Grills looked ready for another mini-lecture, and that meant it was time for learning again.
    "Quite dangerous. When we go to Manhattan, I have a quick brunch meeting with two big business ponies: Upper Crust and Ladyfingers. They are notorious for taking control of the businesses young ponies own after selling them shares. It'll take all my strength to resist taking to many bits and losing the Grill or Spa in the long term." Grills explained. His head half turned to Garion. "But I'd rather sell the Grill than stoop down to inferior spices.

You see a stallion should have pride in his work. A bit of integrity in each service or craft. I want to make the ponies, donkeys, griffins, or whoever eats my food to smile their greatest smile. No other smile will do.

Now honesly, is the meal in front of you bringing out your greatest smile?"
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

13. - Top - End - #853
    Titan in the Playground

"hnn...... Sil.. ver... pineeeeee...." he mumbled, eyes half-lidded as he continued to coo. Looks like Gearstride successfully reduced to stallions to mush with her magic hooves. Huh.
    *foomp*

*clatter-clatter-clatter*

The cookie tray rattled as it banged against the floor, dropped from the suddenly-slackened jaws of Sandy Shores. The stallion's wide eyes and pinprick pupils took in every detail of the scene before him. It was like a train wreck; too horrible to even contemplate looking away. The shock had unfurled his wings to their full length, nearly toppling a few bins of knick-knacks by the door. Tiny wisps of steam emanated from his red-hot cheeks. Instead of words, a sound like a rattling, stammering gasp crawled its way out of his throat.

Because in this situation, really, truly, there were no words.

"Quite dangerous. When we go to Manhattan, I have a quick brunch meeting with two big business ponies: Upper Crust and Ladyfingers. They are notorious for taking control of the businesses young ponies own after selling them shares. It'll take all my strength to resist taking to many bits and losing the Grill or Spa in the long term." Grills explained. His head half turned to Garion. "But I'd rather sell the Grill than stoop down to inferior spices.

You see a stallion should have pride in his work. A bit of integrity in each service or craft. I want to make the ponies, donkeys, griffins, or whoever eats my food to smile their greatest smile. No other smile will do.

Now honestly, is the meal in front of you bringing out your greatest smile?"
    Garion listened wide-eyed to his caretaker's speech, soaking in the older stallion's wisdom. True, a great deal of it went over the head of the little pony, but he just made it sound so important he had to listen. And some of it just didn't make sense. I mean, how can each meal be the greatest smile? If you smiled bigger at the next meal, then the last one didn't get your greatest smile. But if you didn't smile as big at the next meal, then the next meal didn't get the biggest smile. But for some odd reason, he felt like he shouldn't say that to the chef pony. Like, it didn't feel like the right thing to say, even though his curiosity was eating him alive. Instead, the colt took another nibble of the tasty food and grinned big for Mister Grills.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-09-27 at 10:47 AM.

14. - Top - End - #854
    Troll in the Playground

Now honestly, is the meal in front of you bringing out your greatest smile?"

"Its the chef and the love he puts into his dishes that bring out the greatest smiles,"
    She slightly cheesily said a small lopsided smile. Big smiles were on the hard side for Gwynfillion to do that looked awkwardly forceful making others prefer she didn't try smiling so big.

*foomp*

The cookie tray rattled as it banged against the floor, dropped from the suddenly-slackened jaws of Sandy Shores. The stallion's wide eyes and pinprick pupils took in every detail of the scene before him. It was like a train wreck; too horrible to even contemplate looking away. The shock had unfurled his wings to their full length, nearly toppling a few bins of knick-knacks by the door. Tiny wisps of steam emanated from his red-hot cheeks. Instead of words, a sound like a rattling, stammering gasp crawled its way out of his throat.

Gearstride turned her head and paused her hooves playing with Silverpine's wings like a lyre. A smile crept on her face seeing Sandy walk in on them and wings all going 'poomf'.

"Heya Sandy, how did the date go?"
    She asked casually with that cheeky looking smile of hers saying 'yea, your reaction amuses me'.

15. - Top - End - #855
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Grills

The chef returned a smile to Garion. The colt grin lifted his spirits. "Some of that is true..." then Grills lowered his voice and speaks seriously. "But I need lilies and thundonion spice for my roasts. Or my food won't be the best."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

16. - Top - End - #856
    Ettin in the Playground

*foomp*

Gearstride turned her head and paused her hooves playing with Silverpine's wings like a lyre. A smile crept on her face seeing Sandy walk in on them and wings all going 'poomf'.

She asked casually with that cheeky looking smile of hers saying 'yea, your reaction amuses me'.
    Silverpine slowly stirred, and opened one eye when he felt that delightful sensation coursing through his wings slowly receeding. That and the cookie tray was enough to rouse him from his massage-induced stupor. "Why... did... stop... Sandy?" His eyes went wide as he realised the utterly compromising position he just found himself in. "Oh Celestia."

Because there's truly no words to describe this either.
    Last edited by Grif; 2012-09-27 at 04:50 PM.

17. - Top - End - #857
    Titan in the Playground

Silverpine slowly stirred, and opened one eye when he felt that delightful sensation coursing through his wings slowly receeding. That and the cookie tray was enough to rouse him from his massage-induced stupor. "Why... did... stop... Sandy?" His eyes went wide as he realised the utterly compromising position he just found himself in. "Oh Celestia."

Poor, poor choice of words on Silverpine's part. The blush spread from the points of his ears to the very tips of his wings. By some miracle, the flabbergasted stallion found a voice. A stammering, shaking, pitiful excuse for a voice. "Y-y-you weren't...r-r-really...an' o-o-o-n th' f-floor...w-with her..."

"The date went poorly. I believe I may have hurt her feelings due to a truthful answer." He might've looked sad, or just plain annoyed at the revelation, but he had...slightly bigger things on his mind. His knees started to tremble and shake from the sight; it looked like a stiff breeze would be enough to knock him over at this rate.

18. - Top - End - #858
    Troll in the Playground

Grills

The chef returned a smile to Garion. The colt grin lifted his spirits. "Some of that is true..." then Grills lowered his voice and speaks seriously. "But I need lilies and thundonion spice for my roasts. Or my food won't be the best."

"Where would one find these certain lilies and this thundonion spices anyway?"
    Gwyn asked curiously as she took another bite.

Poor, poor choice of words on Silverpine's part. The blush spread from the points of his ears to the very tips of his wings. By some miracle, the flabbergasted stallion found a voice. A stammering, shaking, pitiful excuse for a voice. "Y-y-you weren't...r-r-really...an' o-o-o-n th' f-floor...w-with her..."

"The date went poorly. I believe I may have hurt her feelings due to a truthful answer." He might've looked sad, or just plain annoyed at the revelation, but he had...slightly bigger things on his mind. His knees started to tremble and shake from the sight; it looked like a stiff breeze would be enough to knock him over at this rate.

"Yes Sandy, we were on the floor together, still are,'
    Gearstride said matter of factly with her grin. At the moment she was sitting on Silverpine's back, him facing down on the floor, wings all mush from her touch.

She then dropped the smile as Sandy managed to tell her how the date went. "Oh....I'm sorry sweetie....darn that stupid truth magick on you...did she like the cookies?" So nice Gear, so nice.

19. - Top - End - #859
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Lilies can be found lots of places. But the best ones are found near manticore caves. And thundonion spices are made when lightning strike near onion plants. Both rare and expensive." Grills had another bite of rice.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

20. - Top - End - #860
    Troll in the Playground

"Lilies can be found lots of places. But the best ones are found near manticore caves. And thundonion spices are made when lightning strike near onion plants. Both rare and expensive." Grills had another bite of rice.

"Oh my....and these two have some sort of monopoly on them I wager?"
    Another nom of rice.

21. - Top - End - #861
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Oh my....and these two have some sort of monopoly on them I wager?"
    Another nom of rice.
    "Yup. Those spices and others. That is why I need to broker a discount." Grills think shared at the rice on his spoon. "Garion, what is your favorite food."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

22. - Top - End - #862
    Ettin in the Playground

"Yes Sandy, we were on the floor together, still are,'
    Gearstride said matter of factly with her grin. At the moment she was sitting on Silverpine's back, him facing down on the floor, wings all mush from her touch.

She then dropped the smile as Sandy managed to tell her how the date went. "Oh....I'm sorry sweetie....darn that stupid truth magick on you...did she like the cookies?" So nice Gear, so nice.

To say Silverpine wanted nothing more than to crawl into a hole and hide for the rest of his life was an understatement. For a brief moment there, the orange stallion seemed more red than his usual orange coat. "I-It's not what it seems... Gear and I were just... fooling around... Oh Celestia that sounds even worse..." He opted for the ostrich approach and covered his eyes with his forehooves instead, ears flattening against his head. He was definitely too preoccupied to address Sandy's other admission at the moment.
    Last edited by Grif; 2012-09-28 at 06:05 AM.

23. - Top - End - #863
    Titan in the Playground

"Yup. Those spices and others. That is why I need to broker a discount." Grills think shared at the rice on his spoon. "Garion, what is your favorite food."
    Garion tapped his chin thoughtfully, brow puckered with pondering. Favorite food? That was a tough one. In the two weeks he could remember, it seemed like he had a different dish each meal. Still, a few came to mind. "A tie between that fancy salad, the spicy stew and...snacks!" The colt grinned. If the sleepover had taught him one thing, it was the deliciousness of snacks.

(left purposely vague, as I know nothing about food and neither does Garion )

"Yes Sandy, we were on the floor together, still are,' Gearstride said matter of factly with her grin. At the moment she was sitting on Silverpine's back, him facing down on the floor, wings all mush from her touch.

To say Silverpine wanted nothing more than to crawl into a hole and hide for the rest of his life was an understatement. For a brief moment there, the orange stallion seemed more red than his usual orange coat. "I-It's not what it seems... Gear and I were just... fooling around... Oh Celestia that sounds even worse..." He opted for the ostrich approach and covered his eyes with his forehooves instead, ears flattening against his head. He was definitely too preoccupied to address Sandy's other admission at the moment.
    Poor, poor Sandy. Gearstride's devil-may-care grin, with Silverpine's shame, just confirmed the worst of his suspicions. His brain lost the necessary functionality to keep himself upright, and he fell down onto his haunches, not once taking his eyes off the scene in front of him. "What...what is it...then?" he managed to croak out. The date wasn't exactly the first thing on his mind either. But as far as the magic was concerned...

"She ate a cookie rather adorably, but beyond that, she did not comment on them. She was a dessert chef, so it is likely she had many thoughts that I was not privy to."

...it was the top priority.

24. - Top - End - #864
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh babe, don't act so embarrassed, it was just a putty making wing massage,"
    Gearstride crooned and stroked his mane.

Poor, poor Sandy. Gearstride's devil-may-care grin, with Silverpine's shame, just confirmed the worst of his suspicions. His brain lost the necessary functionality to keep himself upright, and he fell down onto his haunches, not once taking his eyes off the scene in front of him. "What...what is it...then?" he managed to croak out. The date wasn't exactly the first thing on his mind either. But as far as the magic was concerned...

"She ate a cookie rather adorably, but beyond that, she did not comment on them. She was a dessert chef, so it is likely she had many thoughts that I was not privy to."

...it was the top priority.

"Ooh, a dessert chef? Nice. Anyways, sorry your date didn't turn out so groovy Sandy boy,"
    The mare replied. "You were a good sport though to go along with this...actually...I'm sorry it was pretty much a bust." Sensitive Gear.

25. - Top - End - #865
    Ettin in the Playground

"Ooh, a dessert chef? Nice. Anyways, sorry your date didn't turn out so groovy Sandy boy,"
    The mare replied. "You were a good sport though to go along with this...actually...I'm sorry it was pretty much a bust." Sensitive Gear.
    There was his escape route right there. "Y-Yeah! Only a wing massage... nothing sordid! I swear to Celestia," he blurted out, hoping that it would at least stop that terrible, terrible look that Sandy was giving him.

26. - Top - End - #866
    Titan in the Playground

There was his escape route right there. "Y-Yeah! Only a wing massage... nothing sordid! I swear to Celestia," he blurted out, hoping that it would at least stop that terrible, terrible look that Sandy was giving him.
    Sandy heaved such a huge sigh of relief, it seemed as though his body was filled with air and deflating through his mouth. "I-I'm just...gonna go ahead an' believe that." And remember to fetch the brain bleach. Industrial strength.

With the question of what they were doing out of the way, now he could truly feel disappointed about the speed-dating. Sandy winced at Gear's rather blunt assessment of his day. "Y-yeah. Well, thanks for th' spa treatment anyhow." He laid himself down on the cold, metal floor, resting his head on his forehooves with a frown. "An' you don't got anythin' t'be sorry about, I should've spoken up earlier. I knew I weren't ready for a fillyfriend, all I'd do is screw things up an' end up disappointing some poor mare." Just like his last lady love. And that hottie mark mare. And Eclair. And...well, just about every mare he'd seen today.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-09-28 at 08:04 AM.

27. - Top - End - #867
    Troll in the Playground

"Aww...that almost hurts my feelings, that showing you my lust for you in such a manner would be considered 'sordid'..."
    Gearstride pouted and then returned to grinning as she got up and sat on the bed.

With the question of what they were doing out of the way, now he could truly feel disappointed about the speed-dating. Sandy winced at Gear's rather blunt assessment of his day. "Y-yeah. Well, thanks for th' spa treatment anyhow." He laid himself down on the cold, metal floor, resting his head on his forehooves with a frown. "An' you don't got anythin' t'be sorry about, I should've spoken up earlier. I knew I weren't ready for a fillyfriend, all I'd do is screw things up an' end up disappointing some poor mare." Just like his last lady love. And that hottie mark mare. And Eclair. And...well, just about every mare he'd seen today.
    "Its alright Sandy, I mean, there are plenty of fish in the sea, those mares who ya speed dated, perhaps they just weren't the ones right for ya? Heck, plenty of ponies who I weren't right for eventually moved on, and so can you!" She whinnied in trying to keep this atmosphere cheery.

28. - Top - End - #868
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Grills

"Remember. Snacks are a sometime food. Sometime you can have a snack. Sometimes you can't. We wouldn't want a judge colt round here." Grills said. "Are you finished your food?"
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

29. - Top - End - #869
    Titan in the Playground

Grills

"Remember. Snacks are a sometime food. Sometime you can have a snack. Sometimes you can't. We wouldn't want a judge colt round here." Grills said. "Are you finished your food?"
    Garion nodded sagely. "A true gentlecolt trots where he wants to go. He does not roll there." Wise words indeed. The colt dipped his head into his bowl and gobbled up the last few bites of rice. "All done!" he proclaimed, a bit of rice stuck to his nose.

30. - Top - End - #870
    Ettin in the Playground

"Aww...that almost hurts my feelings, that showing you my lust for you in such a manner would be considered 'sordid'..."
    Gearstride pouted and then returned to grinning as she got up and sat on the bed.

"Its alright Sandy, I mean, there are plenty of fish in the sea, those mares who ya speed dated, perhaps they just weren't the ones right for ya? Heck, plenty of ponies who I weren't right for eventually moved on, and so can you!" She whinnied in trying to keep this atmosphere cheery.
    With the weight of Gearstride off his back, Silverpine quickly got to his haunches and brushed his tussled mane back into shape. "Y-yeah. I mean I'm sure there's just somepony out there, waiting for you," Silverpine added, still faintly blushing from their earlier activities.