New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: The Hayle Region (IC)

Quote Originally Posted by Jacior View Post
    Spoiler: Battle Info
    Show
    Dominic - Health: 51/51; Initiative: 10; Evasions: ATK 1 SATK 1 ANY 2; Injuries: 0
    Arlo - Health: 35/51; Intiative: 2; Evasions: ATK 3+1 SATK 2+1 ANY 0+1; Injuries: 0

Buffs/Debuffs:
    Arlo:
    -Focused Training: +1 to Accuracy, +2 to Skill Checks
    -Inspired Training: +1 to Evasion, +2 to Save Checks
    -Trained: +1 Attack Combat Stage
    -Intimidate: -1 Attack Combat Stage
    -Momentum (Start of Turn): 0

Arlo is hit by the strike, a much more potent blow than what the trapinch had dealt already, and with Arlo already cowering at the sandile it was going to be a horrifically tough fight. "Hold in there Arlo! Hit it with Fury Cutter!" The sandshrew rears up on its hind legs and strikes at the sandile with his claws.

Spoiler: Actions, Turn 1
    Show
    Dominic
    Done

Arlo
    Standard: Use Fury Cutter

Fury Cutter
    Attack vs AC 3: (1d20)[10], +1 from Focused Training
    Damage: [roll1] Physical Bug (DB 4: 1d8+6, +13 Attack)
    If Crit: [roll2]

Gain 1 Momentum at end of turn, Plus 1 Momentum if Fury Cutter hits
    The Sandile grunted in pain from the super effective attack. Again Troy!! Go at full power this time. The pokemon nodded and opened its jaws unatturaly wide and snapped down hard, hoping to land a solid blow on the Sandshrew.

Spoiler
    Show

Katie uses brutal training as an order to boost flinch and crit ranges!

Troy cashes in the Spicy Wrap digestion buff for +10 physical damage this round!
    Bite
    AC 2, (1d20)[10], crit 19+, flinch 13+
    52 Dark physical damage
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2015-08-19 at 09:31 PM.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

World at War (PTA) as Francis May

GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Marcus looks at the unconscious Pawn, then at Puck, then back at the Pawn.

"Did we just?" he says slowly, before slumping to the ground, although whether from shock or blood loss is not quite certain. Gelver hops over towards Marcus, appearing to be in similar condition to his Trainer, causing Marcus to shake his head, pull out a Potion and spray it over his Froakie. The amphibian certainly seemed grateful as it edged closer to Marcus, but the Trainer was already focused on Puck again.

"We just fought Jamba," he finally says, still shocked, staring at Lily almost as if he was zoning out.

At the question, Marcus looks at the woman before pulling out his Pokegear and typing in the emergency number.

"We call the cops I guess? See if they can get Augustus out here? Whatever they were going to do, it sounded big," Marcus says, putting the Pokegear to his ear as he waits for the dial tone. "Also, how did you do that?" the Trainer asks incredulously, pointing at the trees.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Going to use that last AP to add Lily to my Profile Archive.
    I ... Puck seemed a bit hesitant to answer. I've got a bit of a connection with grass type pokemon and the forest. I connect with grass types like Lily easier and am able to act like a pokemon myself in a lot of ways. Growing those trees is one of my stronger tricks though, and I can't use any powerful grass attacks yet. I try to keep it a low profile, so if you would avoid mentioning it to anybody, that'd be great.

And as for Jamba, well these two, he gestured at the two figures, they're just pawns, the grunt level workers for the organization. As for the girl in green ... he shuddered I've no idea who she was, but she was much stronger than the other two, that's for sure.

The phone finally picked up. "Hayle call center, this is an operator. How may I help you?" a droll voice asks as if they'd been sitting at a desk for hours already today.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2015-08-19 at 09:32 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #243
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Arlo is cleanly knocked out from the horrendous crunch, the sandile's teeth piercing straight through his tough hide. He lets out a bit of a pathetic squeak as Troy bites down and pushes all the air from his lungs. "Arlo!" Dominic runs over to his unconscious pokemon and picks him up. He doesn't look up as he checks Arlo over to make sure he's still breathing after such a blow. "I know you were mad at me... But you didn't have to take it out on Arlo like that... You could've just punched me in the face or something..." He stands up and starts walking back towards town, carrying Arlo in his arms.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

"Don't worry about it," Marcus says, looking at his very red hand.

As soon as the phone picks up, Marcus begins talking far too quickly.

"Uh, hey, this is Marcus Ticker," the boy says, wincing as he talks. "Me and a friend just got attacked by two Jamba members. We're a ways outside Stormwrack, by a river. Can you track a Pokegear? You should be able to track one if you can't," Marcus says, rambling slightly.

"One of the members is unconscious, the other one trapped. Can you tell the police, and maybe send a medic?" the boy pleads, hoping for the best.
    Last edited by Arcran; 2015-08-19 at 10:16 PM.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ettin in the Playground

Arlo is cleanly knocked out from the horrendous crunch, the sandile's teeth piercing straight through his tough hide. He lets out a bit of a pathetic squeak as Troy bites down and pushes all the air from his lungs. "Arlo!" Dominic runs over to his unconscious pokemon and picks him up. He doesn't look up as he checks Arlo over to make sure he's still breathing after such a blow. "I know you were mad at me... But you didn't have to take it out on Arlo like that... You could've just punched me in the face or something..." He stands up and starts walking back towards town, carrying Arlo in his arms.
    Katie quickly returned her pokemon and raced after you until she was beside you. When she spoke, her voice sounded frustrated. First off, I was never mad at you. Did I want to knock you down a peg? Sure, but it isn't like I have anything against you. Hell, I barely know you.

Second off, what just happened was completely normal. I wasn't even using super effective damage like you were, and don't pretend like your next fury attack would have done the exact same thing. Right now Arlo is fainted. Fainted. That's it. And to be quite honest, if you can't even see your pokemon faint once without breaking down, then you don't deserve to be called a trainer, let along a candidate for Champion. I thought that you could be a good rival for me since we had the same goal, but now all I feel is disappointment.

At that she stopped walking, having said her peace and content to let you walk off.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2015-08-19 at 10:24 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ettin in the Playground

"Don't worry about it," Marcus says, looking at his very red hand.

As soon as the phone picks up, Marcus begins talking far too quickly.

"Uh, hey, this is Marcus Ticker," the boy says, wincing as he talks. "Me and a friend just got attacked by two Jamba members. We're a ways outside Stormwrack, by a river. Can you track a Pokegear? You should be able to track one if you can't," Marcus says, rambling slightly.

"One of the members is unconscious, the other one trapped. Can you tell the police, and maybe send a medic?" the boy pleads, hoping for the best.
    The man, sounding much more interested in what was happening now, immediately transferred you to the Stormwrack Ranger station where you talked with one of their dispatchers. We've located your position on your pokegear, and a Ranger will soon be headed to your location. We've also alerted Augustus, who said he'd be coming as well.

For now just stay calm and let us know if you need anything at this moment. If you ever feel unsafe, please leave the scene immediately. For now however I'll remain on the line until help arrives.
    The woman's voice was calm and practiced, and hearing of Jamba attacking didn't seem to phase her in the slightest.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2015-08-19 at 10:30 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

"I think I'm alright," Marcus says, in a voice that would imply he's anything but. "Thanks a bunch," he adds, pulling the phone away from his ear for a second.

"Augustus and Rangers are coming," the boy says with a pained grin. "We should be alright," the boy says, allowing himself to lay back on the ground. For now, Marcus just lays back, keeping his phone close to his ear, idly trying to pat Gelver on the head with one hand.

Show

8. - Top - End - #248
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

"Yeah, well we all can't be the children of gym leaders!" Dominic says, trying to figure out if was feeling irritated or silly from her big speech. "I've never seen Arlo get hurt so bad before ok? I'm not used to it." He decides his more irritated and gets fired up. "It's not going to happen like that again. The next time we fight Arlo is gonna win easy." He takes one arm off the sandshrew and does a fist pump. "I just don't know enough yet, that's the problem!"

After a couple minutes of walking, he decides Arlo would probably be safer in his ball and recalls him.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Torak nodded. Then its best if you leave quickly youngster. In my experience, your father is not a terribly reasonable or flexible man, and I was the blacksmith here when he took his test against Androssi's father back in the day. And I'll be fine. We've had storms before and I just come out with a few more wrinkles on my face. If it comes it comes, but Androssi is probably the strongest trainer in the whole city, so this might actually be the safest place to be. And Before you go I have something that I planned to give you when you became a trainer. He handed you a small vial of liquid to you that he pulled out of his pocket.

If you apply this liquid to Gladia or any other blade it can grant her attacks an extra power behind them This much is only good for one battle though, so use it wisely. Oh, and I'd avoid heading to Desert Oasis first if you plan on leaving anytime soon. The environment's not terribly friendly to beginner trainers.

Spoiler
    Show
    You gained one vial of mystery blacksmith liquid! Consider it a Snack Item usable only on Honedge. You can cash in on the digestion buff for a +1 critical hit range to all melee moves for the remainder of the battle
    Angus accepts the gift gratefully. "Thank you, Torak. Androssi said I should stop by the Temple of Mew on my way out. I've never been there before. Do you know where it is in the Fortress? I don't feel like running around looking for it all afternoon."

10. - Top - End - #250
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Adam frowned as they inched back into cover, remembering his lessons at the gym. Those spearows weren't going anywhere until they finished with the peppers, and any attempt to so much as get near them would end with them getting pecked at. Moreover, the lad lacked anything that might serve as a sure fire trade (risky his spicy wrap might just as easily be fruitless if they aren't interest, or end up hating it).

There was little they could do to avoid this fight, but thankfully they had a plan for this.

The boy quietly reminded Thistle of the gist of the plan; and though a bit nervous at the thought of taking on two flying type, the little grass type was soon ready for his task. Once the two were in position behind their cover Thistle would act, lashing out a vine at the nearest spearow with the swiftness of a viper. The emerald tendril effortlessly grabbed hold of the Spearow's talon before suddenly being dragged away from the pepper patch and into the forest in the blink of an eye; vanishing from the sight of it's companion.

Once there, the fair fowl would barely have a moment to take stock of itself before it was met by Thistle's flashing teeth as it bit down on it and Adam's thunderous fist; before the pair dashed away, deeper into the bushes. Using the very forest cover to hide from their targets before their prey could make sense of what had happened.

Spoiler
    Show

Thistle: HP (45/45); Evasion (Physical 3, Special 3); Initiative 4
    *Shift Action: Threaded on Spearow 1; hit. Pulled towards Thistle and Adam
    *Standard Action: Bite
    **AC 2: (1d20+1)[3] (+1 Focuses Training)
    **Damage: (2d6+17)[22] (DB 2d6+10+9ATK) Physical-Dark
    **Roll of +15 Flinches
    *Being carried by Adam.

Adam: HP (54/54); Evasion (Physical 1, Special 1, Speed 2); Initiative 12; AP (4/5)
    *Standard Action: Strength
    **AC2: (1d20)[20]
    **Damage: (2d8+22)[28] (DB 2d8+10+12ATK); Natural 20 rolled in OOC +19 damage. Total Damage: 47 Physical-Normal
    **On a hit, Free Action Push Manuever to knock it through the cover and back into the pepper patch.
    ***Target must roll a COmbat or Athletics roll higher than 22 or be Pushed.
    *Shift Action: Move to different cover without being seen
    **Stealth Roll: (3d6+3)[14] (+2 Favored Terrain, +1 AP)
    **Nature Walk allows me to treat the bushes and all surrounding terrain as Basic Terrain for all purposes.
    Last edited by Regalus; 2015-08-20 at 08:18 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

Hug me, you know you want to.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ettin in the Playground

"I think I'm alright," Marcus says, in a voice that would imply he's anything but. "Thanks a bunch," he adds, pulling the phone away from his ear for a second.

"Augustus and Rangers are coming," the boy says with a pained grin. "We should be alright," the boy says, allowing himself to lay back on the ground. For now, Marcus just lays back, keeping his phone close to his ear, idly trying to pat Gelver on the head with one hand.
    About five minutes went past before help arrived. You saw the ranger first, flying in on the back of a fearsome Fearow that dived to the ground before sharply pulling up and hopping off its back. He was tall, with a baton on his belt and the Ranger blue jacket and pants. Augustus showed up directly after on the wings of a giant pokemon that you recognized as a Mantine. You heard a small gasp from the female pawn as she saw the gym leader and a fully fledged Ranger.

Well this seems like an exciting first day for my two new trainers! Augustus laughed. You don't even get a good night's sleep before running into trouble.

The Ranger took a moment to observe the scene, gaze lingering on the two pawns, before he turned to the two of you. He pulled out a recorder and switched it on. My name is Inspector Aaron, he said. Could the two of you explain what happened here

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ettin in the Playground

"Yeah, well we all can't be the children of gym leaders!" Dominic says, trying to figure out if was feeling irritated or silly from her big speech. "I've never seen Arlo get hurt so bad before ok? I'm not used to it." He decides his more irritated and gets fired up. "It's not going to happen like that again. The next time we fight Arlo is gonna win easy." He takes one arm off the sandshrew and does a fist pump. "I just don't know enough yet, that's the problem!"

After a couple minutes of walking, he decides Arlo would probably be safer in his ball and recalls him.
    When you reached the pokemon center, the nurse smiled at you. Welcome back! I assume that you need some healing after the battle? I'm surprised that Katie didn't come back as well.

Spoiler
    Show
    Since I forgot to do this earlier, 12 exp to Arlo, 1 trainer exp for you

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prehysterical View Post
    Angus accepts the gift gratefully. "Thank you, Torak. Androssi said I should stop by the Temple of Mew on my way out. I've never been there before. Do you know where it is in the Fortress? I don't feel like running around looking for it all afternoon."
    Torak quickly explained where the nearest Temple to Mew was. It wasn't far really, just outside of the palace complex and down the main road for a bit. He said they'd be able to take care of all the needs for healing you'd ever need, plus quite a few other services.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

Marcus looks to Puck, trying to get some signal to explain what happened before going into it.

"Puck and I had gone out to catch some Pokemon," Marcus says with a small wince, adjusting his position so he could talk without more pain. "We were chasing some Phanpy when we came into this clearing. We saw three Jamba members, so we hid," Marcus says, pointing to his hiding spot. "The third one seemed... important? She had a green dress and a gold mask and seemed like she was in charge. She wanted the two to plant some Pokeballs in place of starter Pokemon at the Gym."

"After she said her plan about a million Spinarak flew out of the trees and went inside her dress. She must have seen us, because she told the Pawns to deal with us and then went down the river,"
    Marcus says, shuddering slightly at the memory of all the spiders.

"After that we fought the Jamba members and somehow won," Marcus finishes. "That's when I called for help," he adds, looking at Augustus.

"Did I miss anything?" Marcus asks his companion, wincing once more. Who knew getting stabbed would hurt so bad?

Show

15. - Top - End - #255
    Dwarf in the Playground

While the nurse healed their pokemon, Ray talked a little with Yellow. They exchanged Pokegear numbers to stay in contact and when Jasper was healed, Ray realized just how late it was getting. "I should get home. I already vanished on my Mom once today, I don't think she would appreciate me doing it a second time. It was nice meeting you, Yellow."

Grabbing up his pokeball, he released Jasper back out onto his shoulder and hoofed it back to the house. As the closed in on the family home, Ray's stomach growled. "Oh wow. I completely forgot to eat lunch today, Jasper," He said to his Joltik, "I guess I got all caught up in the excitement." The boy made his way to the door, pulling it open and heading inside. While his hunger had become apparent, his excitement hadn't yet faded. Tomorrow he was going to put in even more work, train even harder, so that when the train arrived he could hold his own against any trainers on board.
    Awesome avatar by Dashwood

“Had every Athenian citizen been a Socrates, every Athenian assembly would still have been a mob.” -- The Federalist No. 55

16. - Top - End - #256

On his way out, Angus waves to Torak. "Thank you for all your help. May your forge burn hot and your blade stay sharp. Take care." With that business concluded, Angus exits the gym and makes his way down to the Temple of Mew.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Dominic frowns. "I guess if her sandile had really gotten hurt, maybe. That thing was a beast. She's probably mad at me too..." He holds up the pokeball sheepishly. "But yeah, Arlo is in pretty bad shape."

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Regalus View Post
    Adam frowned as they inched back into cover, remembering his lessons at the gym. Those spearows weren't going anywhere until they finished with the peppers, and any attempt to so much as get near them would end with them getting pecked at. Moreover, the lad lacked anything that might serve as a sure fire trade (risky his spicy wrap might just as easily be fruitless if they aren't interest, or end up hating it).

There was little they could do to avoid this fight, but thankfully they had a plan for this.

The boy quietly reminded Thistle of the gist of the plan; and though a bit nervous at the thought of taking on two flying type, the little grass type was soon ready for his task. Once the two were in position behind their cover Thistle acted, lashing out a vine at the nearest spearow with the swiftness of a viper. The emerald tendril effortlessly grabbed hold of the Spearow's talon before suddenly being dragged away from the pepper patch and into the forest in the blink of an eye; vanishing from the sight of it's companion.

Once there, the fair fowl would barely have a moment to take stock of itself before it was met by Thistle's flashing teeth as it bit down on it and Adam's thunderous fist; before the pair dashed away, deeper into the bushes. Using the very forest cover to hide from their targets before their prey could make sense of what had happened.

Spoiler
    Show

*Shift Action: Threaded on Spearow 1; hit. Pulled towards Thistle and Adam
    *Standard Action: Bite
    **AC 2: [roll0] (+1 Focuses Training)
    **Damage: [roll1] (DB 2d6+10+9ATK) Physical-Dark
    **Roll of +15 Flinches
    *Being carried by Adam.

Adam: HP (54/54); Evasion (Physical 1, Special 1, Speed 2); Initiative 12; AP (4/5)
    *Standard Action: Strength
    **AC2: [roll2]
    **Damage: [roll3] (DB 2d8+10+12ATK); Natural 20 rolled in OOC +19 damage. Total Damage: 47 Physical-Normal
    **On a hit, Free Action Push Manuever to knock it through the cover and back into the pepper patch.
    ***Target must roll a COmbat or Athletics roll higher than 22 or be Pushed.
    **Stealth Roll: [roll4] (+2 Favored Terrain, +1 AP)
    **Nature Walk allows me to treat the bushes and all surrounding terrain as Basic Terrain for all purposes.
    Chespins vine whizzed past one of the Spearows, which reacted to the vine with a short squawk. The two glanced around angrily, looking for the one who disturbed their meal.

Spoiler
    Show
    Since threaded failed, Chespin still has a standard action, and Adam a full turn left in this round,

Then we'll move to the top of initiative with the spearow.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ettin in the Playground

Marcus looks to Puck, trying to get some signal to explain what happened before going into it.

"Puck and I had gone out to catch some Pokemon," Marcus says with a small wince, adjusting his position so he could talk without more pain. "We were chasing some Phanpy when we came into this clearing. We saw three Jamba members, so we hid," Marcus says, pointing to his hiding spot. "The third one seemed... important? She had a green dress and a gold mask and seemed like she was in charge. She wanted the two to plant some Pokeballs in place of starter Pokemon at the Gym."

"After she said her plan about a million Spinarak flew out of the trees and went inside her dress. She must have seen us, because she told the Pawns to deal with us and then went down the river,"
    Marcus says, shuddering slightly at the memory of all the spiders.

"After that we fought the Jamba members and somehow won," Marcus finishes. "That's when I called for help," he adds, looking at Augustus.

"Did I miss anything?" Marcus asks his companion, wincing once more. Who knew getting stabbed would hurt so bad?
    Puck shook his head. I think you got everything. It was scary, real scary.

The Ranger nodded and continued taking notes on his pad while Agustus commented Green Mask and spiders? That'd have to be -

Inspector Aaron continued naturally - Djinni, yeah. The question is why Stormwrack and why now?

Agustus shook his head Arceus only knows. She's here now though, and that's all that really matters. You two, he said turning to look at you should remember to never fight her. She's one of the four Knights of Jamba, and serves directly under their leaders. She's the backbone behind recruitment these days, and she's set up a massive breeding operation somewhere in the Claw to supply potential members with a pokemon or two.

For now we'll get you two back to the pokemon center to get patched up while we finish up what we have to do and talk with these two goons.

His Mantine came down near the ground, and Augustus gave it instructions to take the two of you to the nearest center. I'll be in contact with the two of you soon, so don't head out of town until we talk. I hope to get to the center before you leave, but who knows how long this will take?

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Venetian View Post
    While the nurse healed their pokemon, Ray talked a little with Yellow. They exchanged Pokegear numbers to stay in contact and when Jasper was healed, Ray realized just how late it was getting. "I should get home. I already vanished on my Mom once today, I don't think she would appreciate me doing it a second time. It was nice meeting you, Yellow."

Grabbing up his pokeball, he released Jasper back out onto his shoulder and hoofed it back to the house. As the closed in on the family home, Ray's stomach growled. "Oh wow. I completely forgot to eat lunch today, Jasper," He said to his Joltik, "I guess I got all caught up in the excitement." The boy made his way to the door, pulling it open and heading inside. While his hunger had become apparent, his excitement hadn't yet faded. Tomorrow he was going to put in even more work, train even harder, so that when the train arrived he could hold his own against any trainers on board.
    A wave of scents blasted you as you walked into the door. Your mother certainly had fulfilled her promise to whip up a feast. The table was laden with all your favorite dishes. As soon as you entered, your mother walked into the kitchen with a heaping bowl of cooked peas still steaming.

Welcome back honey! she called. I do hope that I've made enough, but we can just save the rest for later. How did it go out there? Did you do anything exciting? Tell me about it while we wait for your father. He's just out finishing with the Tauros.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ettin in the Playground

On his way out, Angus waves to Torak. "Thank you for all your help. May your forge burn hot and your blade stay sharp. Take care." With that business concluded, Angus exits the gym and makes his way down to the Temple of Mew.
    You managed to avoid seeing your father on the way out, and only got lost once on your way to the Temple. Well, it was more of a cathedral than a temple. It had a high vaulted ceiling. A massive stained glass window filled with the 18 depictions of mew - one for each type of pokemon she mothered - in a ring around the classical depiction of the pokemon.

One of the healers came up to you, a beam on his face. Welcome to the The Temple of Mew. How may I help you today?

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ettin in the Playground

Dominic frowns. "I guess if her sandile had really gotten hurt, maybe. That thing was a beast. She's probably mad at me too..." He holds up the pokeball sheepishly. "But yeah, Arlo is in pretty bad shape."
    We'll take good care of him, she said, taking the pokeball to the back room. It'll be about a thirty minute wait while we heal him. If you could just -

The nurse was cut off as the doors slid open and a man was carried in on a stretcher with an Audino frantically minster to the man's wounds. He clothes were stained with blood and he was groaning. The room became a flurry of noise as several other nurses and doctors raced out to handle the immediate care necessary.

- needs urgent care -
    - how did it happen? -
    - can't believe
    - faster than anything I've ever -
    - looks like a punctured his -

It was only as the stretcher was being wheeled into the ICU unit that you recognized the face under the blood coming from a large wound.

It was your father.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2015-08-21 at 10:52 AM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

Marcus can't do much aside for nod as Puck states how terrifying the situation had been, still recovering from the shock of it all.

When Augustus says who the woman in green was, Marcus' eyes go wide in terror. They'd been that close to almost fighting somebody that made a Gym Leader concerned? They were even luckier to be alive than he had thought before. One of Jamba's Knights? Whatever they had stopped by accident couldn't have been good.

At Augustus' orders to wait at the Center Marcus just gives a feeble nod, allowing the Mantine to carry him to the nearest Center. It wasn't like he'd be in any fit shape to go anywhere for some time anyways.

Show

24. - Top - End - #264

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    You managed to avoid seeing your father on the way out, and only got lost once on your way to the Temple. Well, it was more of a cathedral than a temple. It had a high vaulted ceiling. A massive stained glass window filled with the 18 depictions of mew - one for each type of pokemon she mothered - in a ring around the classical depiction of the pokemon.

One of the healers came up to you, a beam on his face. Welcome to the The Temple of Mew. How may I help you today?
    After taking in the beautiful architecture, Angus nods respectfully. "My Pokemon is need of healing, brother. Also, Androssi gave me... this..." Angus pulls the TM out of the bag. "She said that Gladia could learn a new move with it. Tell me, brother, how is it done?"

25. - Top - End - #265
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

But of course it didn't work. Nothing could be quite that easy.

Racing against the clock, and with little chance the birds would go away now; the young man was forced to make his move, and hope for the best. The pair rushed the now wary pair of birds; Adam going in for a swift kick to one of their backsides, while Thistle rolled itself up in preparation for plan B.

Spoiler
    Show

*Shift Action: Threaded on Spearow 1; Miss
    *Standard Action: Defense Curl; +10 DR, immunity to Crits.
    *Being carried by Adam.

*Standard Action: Strength; on Spearow 1
    **Damage: (2d8+22)[28] (DB 2d8+10+12ATK); Natural 20 rolled in OOC +19 damage. Total Damage: 47 Physical-Normal
    ***Target must roll a Combat or Athletics roll higher than 22 or be Pushed.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

Hug me, you know you want to.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ettin in the Playground

Marcus can't do much aside for nod as Puck states how terrifying the situation had been, still recovering from the shock of it all.

When Augustus says who the woman in green was, Marcus' eyes go wide in terror. They'd been that close to almost fighting somebody that made a Gym Leader concerned? They were even luckier to be alive than he had thought before. One of Jamba's Knights? Whatever they had stopped by accident couldn't have been good.

At Augustus' orders to wait at the Center Marcus just gives a feeble nod, allowing the Mantine to carry him to the nearest Center. It wasn't like he'd be in any fit shape to go anywhere for some time anyways.
    The Mantine drops you off a the Center without trouble, and the two of you manage to stagger in. The nurse takes one look at you before pressing a button behind the counter calling several doctors, nurses, and aids to quickly shuttle you to the emergency care unit, which was otherwise empty. The doctors quickly began administering antisceptics, stitching your wounds, and having one of their Chanseys ease the pain throughout the process.

The whole process took about an hour before you were let out of the room, feeling much better for the amount of time you were in that room. The nurse told you that you should be fine, but don't do anything strenuous tonight either of you. No sense in opening those wounds up if we can help it. Just as she was giving you instructions on medications that she handed to you, Augustus walked in.

Ah, I see the two if you got patched up nicely. I swear the people here are geniuses. You'll be happy to know that those two Pawns are at the Ranger Station, and we've gotten all the information they had, which admittedly wasn't much. They really only knew what you two told us. Jamba doesn't exactly focus on team unity, and they only tell people what they need to know.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ettin in the Playground

After taking in the beautiful architecture, Angus nods respectfully. "My Pokemon is need of healing, brother. Also, Androssi gave me... this..." Angus pulls the TM out of the bag. "She said that Gladia could learn a new move with it. Tell me, brother, how is it done?"
    Well, the man replied We take the liquid inside the vial and combine it with earthblood to make an ochre, which we will then paint onto your pokemon. From there, it is but a simple spell to attach the move to your pokemon. The process usually takes an hour and a half, as there are many steps and the spell itself takes time to prepare and apply.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Regalus View Post
    But of course it didn't work. Nothing could be quite that easy.

Racing against the clock, and with little chance the birds would go away now; the young man was forced to make his move, and hope for the best. The pair rushed the now wary pair of birds; Adam going in for a swift kick to one of their backsides, while Thistle rolled itself up in preparation for plan B.

Spoiler
    Show

*Shift Action: Threaded on Spearow 1; Miss
    *Standard Action: Defense Curl; +10 DR, immunity to Crits.
    *Being carried by Adam.

*Standard Action: Strength; on Spearow 1
    ***Target must roll a Combat or Athletics roll higher than 22 or be Pushed.
    Squaking, the two pokemon leaped into the sky, glaring down at the bushes, searching for those who had attacked them. The Spearow that you hit looked badly damaged, almost on the verge of fainting.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spearows take to the sky, they are currently 5 squares above the ground.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

Marcus simply nods as the nurse commands him to not do anything strenuous. The last thing he wanted to do was open up his stitches again.

A wide grin appears on the boys' face as Augustus arrives, although that didn't last. They hadn't learned anything?

"Did you at least find out what was in the Pokeballs?" Marcus asks, partially out of curiosity and partly to try to justify why he'd gotten stabbed repeatedly.

Show

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ettin in the Playground

A pair of rather nasty Gyarados, a Tentacruel, and a Kabutops. All were quite powerful, and all had been starved to the point of feral hunger. If any potential trainer of staff member had opened them ... Let's just say it wouldn't have been pretty. All of Augustus's jovial humor from your gym battle was gone, replaced with a dark anger. Needless to say, she's on my list now. Maybe not today, but someday I will defeat her.

He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. In any case, I'm glad the two of you are alive. While they may be relatively weak, defeating two pawns as rookie trainers is quite a feat. To thank the two of you for your help, I've selected two of my highest quality eggs from my collection.

He pulled out two eggs from his pack and handed them to each of you. Puck looked over the egg thoroughly before responding. Thank you sir. Umm, what's in it?

Augustus laughed, his sense of humor back. Oh it wouldn't be any fun if I told you! You'll have to figure it out yourselves!

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show