New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,478 of 1478
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Riverside 16: Turn and face the strain

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    [EI Headquarters]

The envoy stops as the guards address him.

"I am Archibald Ferrumpugno, of the Stormy Isles. As part of an agreement with the government of Inside, we have been sent to keep the power plant from exploding. But in order to do, I and my men will need some information about the functions of the power plant. Mainly about its reaction and how it might overload, so that we can stop that from taking place."
    "I'm not one of the techs, and frankly, this situation is already beyond what we can do. If the boss was still here, he'd have those damn goons dead, but no, the 'heroes' went and ****ing killed him, and now the ****ing Syndicate is here. But I'll tell you what I've been told. They shouldn't be able to overload the plant if they can't access the computer controlling its output. Boss himself designed that thing, and we've shut out everything we can from here, so you've got time, but we're talking about the Chimera Syndicate." The guard sighs. It was obvious to anyone that EvSec morale since their old boss's death has been pitiful. "He briefed us on 'em, was obvious when they first attacked who it was. World superpower back where they're from. They'll crack it eventually, and then we're all dead." The guard pauses and coughs. "Uh, I can get you one of the techs, but they won't know everything either."
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Bugbear in the Playground

[A Rooftop]

The strange elf is almost deferential as he takes the reigns, to the steed rather than the rider. He holds them carefully and firmly, offering a hand to first let the bat take his scent, and then to scratch beneath its neck with affection, searching for the sensitive spots behind its ears. "Now here's a beautiful beast." He whispers, and imitates the clicking noise the rider made to sooth. The painted elf turns to the drow in the leather flightsuit, offering an approving nod. "Teach me the other signs I'll need."

To the other members of the 'team' he gives only his back. He's already contributed what his skills are, and that should be enough.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Fourth Tower Compound]

"I'll be sure to." Vax says. She doesn't leave though. No, she just stands there. Watching Kate.
    Kate is confused. "Can I... help you?" She's obviously nervous, and has no desire to get working while this woman in there.

The idea of turning her back on this woman seems... foolish.

4. - Top - End - #1474

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcomet View Post
    "I'm not one of the techs, and frankly, this situation is already beyond what we can do. If the boss was still here, he'd have those damn goons dead, but no, the 'heroes' went and ****ing killed him, and now the ****ing Syndicate is here. But I'll tell you what I've been told. They shouldn't be able to overload the plant if they can't access the computer controlling its output. Boss himself designed that thing, and we've shut out everything we can from here, so you've got time, but we're talking about the Chimera Syndicate." The guard sighs. It was obvious to anyone that EvSec morale since their old boss's death has been pitiful. "He briefed us on 'em, was obvious when they first attacked who it was. World superpower back where they're from. They'll crack it eventually, and then we're all dead." The guard pauses and coughs. "Uh, I can get you one of the techs, but they won't know everything either."
    "A tech would be nice. I want to make sure our technique will work, but it sound like we will be able to keep the plant from overloading."

An overloading can be handled, just making an explosion couldn't be handled by them.

5. - Top - End - #1475

[Malechenar Castle - The Gardens]

"You probably shouldn't have done that." Lihanna comments as he starts summoning. "The lords get's so mad when you take people in here uninvited!" And sure enough, the people working in the gardens are giving them worried looks. Two of them even stops working and slips out one of the doors.

The flying head then looks between the two brothers, seemingly unsure what to do. "Uh, hello? I simply want a body. A body as beautiful as the one they buried. Is that really too much to ask for? I don't how mister Sharpe told you all this but it should be so simple. I can already inhabit these disgusting heads so another type of body shouldn't be so hard to fix."

[Eastside Townhall]

"I will." Celestel replies in a dry tone. "I don't believe I need to tell you what's going on so let's go to the heart of it. We have a way to save the city in case the worst thing happens. The power plant detonates. Right now we have member of the fourth tower, a cabal of warlocks working for us, performing rituals in North and Westside. If the unthinkable happens the entire city will planeshift for a few minutes, just long enough to be clear from the explosion. But as always with their magic, there is a cost to pay. A great deal of material belongings will be taken as a toll by the owners of the plane the city will shift into. I realize this sounds bad but this only if the bomb goes off and I think it's preferable to the entire city being destroyed. So what I'm asking you here is if you allow the fourth tower to perform these rites in Eastside. Just a simple yes and no will do."

[Malechenar Castle Entrance]

"I see. What sort of assistance can you provide? I can direct all this to lord Ryhe, or at least someone working underneath him." The guardsman replies.

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Ogre in the Playground

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Warehouse Clinic]

Kestrel just watches him remove the garments. Let his foolish pride trouble him and slow him down. Unlike a waiting living being, it is perfectly still.

Then it is moving, gathering pieces it needs: motors, actuators, wires and grippers and pressure sensors and tension-fibers.
    Needles with chemicals to lessen the pain, knives and bandages for opening the flesh to attach it. A hissing sterilization rig is set up, and the machine approaches the figure laid on the table.

The flesh has to be cut into to reach the nerves. The bone has to be nearly reached to make the arm properly resting on what's left of his shoulder, part of his skeleton. It is bloody, excruciating, and will take a while to heal.

But it's not that simple, is it? The demonologist's body is flowing with demonic energy, and this is dead metal and plastic, quite susceptible to corruption.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [Warehouse Clinic]

Kestrel just watches him remove the garments. Let his foolish pride trouble him and slow him down. Unlike a waiting living being, it is perfectly still.

Then it is moving, gathering pieces it needs: motors, actuators, wires and grippers and pressure sensors and tension-fibers.
    Needles with chemicals to lessen the pain, knives and bandages for opening the flesh to attach it. A hissing sterilization rig is set up, and the machine approaches the figure laid on the table.

The flesh has to be cut into to reach the nerves. The bone has to be nearly reached to make the arm properly resting on what's left of his shoulder, part of his skeleton. It is bloody, excruciating, and will take a while to heal.

But it's not that simple, is it? The demonologist's body is flowing with demonic energy, and this is dead metal and plastic, quite susceptible to corruption.
    While seated on the bench he pulls out a small pouch and a folded piece of parchment and hands it over.
    On the parchment were detailed runes, directions how to draw them and where to place them, along with locations that required the placement of rare and quite unholy spell components. In the pouch was those unthinkable exotic items.

"Sorry in advance" he says as more of a warning than an apology.

He had inherited a gift from his mother, a power, a double bladed safe keep. From her chronomancy he was stuck with the ability to slow time when injured or in fear. He couldn't act outside of normal time but he could analyse all that was around him and react acordingly. During this time all his senses were heightened, including his susceptibility to pain...

It had served him well on many occasions, it made him the master summoner that he was, makes him seem faster then he is, allows him to redact quicker and plan steps way ahead.
    However this was not completely on his control, the time slow is proportional to the pain, this was going to last forever to him.

There would be many evil spirits that would like to witness such a horrid event, taking pleasure in the retribution he would receive. Such a gathering of evil, even though on another plane, is bound to leak across manifestating in some form of chaos and darkness.
    Last edited by Holy-hunter; 2015-06-18 at 11:52 AM.