New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Minecraft Thread X: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the ... SSSSSSSS

Hey guys, aries is running tekkit again...

2. - Top - End - #632
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Minecraft Thread X: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the ... SSSSSSSS

Same server as posted earlier on the thread?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #633

Quote Originally Posted by Phhase View Post
    I'm making a redstone circuit, and the T flip-flip is not working. Every design part checks out, and yet it doesn't toggle when it receives an on then off signal, it just immediately switches on when it gets an on signal, then off when it gets an off. And I built one exactly like it earlier, and it works. Wtf is going on? If someone could come troubleshoot my circuit or tell me what's going on, I'd be appreciative.
    It could only maybe be the north south quirk; that's torches, not pistons. In any case, just send a 1 tick pulse to a sticky piston as a flip flop; far more efficient and reliable.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

4. - Top - End - #634
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eledragon View Post
    Hey guys, aries is running tekkit again...
    What is aries?
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

5. - Top - End - #635

BlackDragon

I was talking to Technoscrabble and Eldest, who have been visiting the server I mentioned upthread. Aries is the server admin.

6. - Top - End - #636
    Ettin in the Playground

Do you mean that that server is now a tekkit server?, could i come visit it as well?
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

7. - Top - End - #637

BlackDragon

It's not primarily a tekkit server, just the admin likes to play tekkit sometimes. We're thinking about having themed mod days, and I imagine tekkit will be common.

8. - Top - End - #638
    Ettin in the Playground

ah, thats what you meant, also, one advantage tekkit, yogbox, and hack/mine have is that they have an automatic launcher thingy, which is easy enough for even me to figure out how to reconfigure for those various modpacks, so those could be good choices for some of the special mod day thingies
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-07-04 at 09:39 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)

9. - Top - End - #639
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Scuzzball,

Since you said that you would host a tekkit server temporarily I'm curious about how long your planning on keeping the server up once it's back. Or is the move to a old minecraft box mean the server will be up indefinitely.

On thoughts of Tekkit

would it be a good idea to assign ranges to players for things like the Tekkit Ender Chest, and Teleport pipes so that overlapping isn't a problem. For example each player would have the first two colors of the Ender Chest specific to themselves.

10. - Top - End - #640

Quote Originally Posted by sentaku View Post
    would it be a good idea to assign ranges to players for things like the Tekkit Ender Chest, and Teleport pipes so that overlapping isn't a problem. For example each player would have the first two colors of the Ender Chest specific to themselves.
    No. Nobody owns any part of the Ender Chest; that's only for transporting items across distances between players. If you want something for yourself, use an Alchemy Bag. And there are plenty of frequencies for teleport pipes.
    Last edited by Saposhiente; 2012-07-06 at 11:09 AM.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

11. - Top - End - #641
    Bugbear in the Playground

OKAY so I'm home for a bit this weekend.
    The director at the camp I'm working at is a ****ing awesome guy, who actually threw together his own modpack, similar to tekkit, but without the OP magic stuff, and a computer mod. He has liscences to distribute it, so I'm going to be switching to that, whenever I get it. Until then, I'll try to get the tekkit server up and running on the Imposterbox. Starting to work on that in a few hours.

Sleep now.

12. - Top - End - #642
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Saposhiente View Post
    No. Nobody owns any part of the Ender Chest; that's only for transporting items across distances between players. If you want something for yourself, use an Alchemy Bag. And there are plenty of frequencies for teleport pipes.
    I never said there wasn't plenty of frequencies for Teleport pipes, there's a ton. I personally think that with 4096 different Ender Chest a ban on players using them for them selves is strange. But lets go back to Teleport pipes, even though there a lot of them, I'm confident that most people would want to use frequencies like 300 and not 573, especially in the case were someone wants to have organize there frequencies they use.

Quote Originally Posted by Scuzzball View Post
    The director at the camp I'm working at is a ****ing awesome guy, who actually threw together his own modpack, similar to tekkit, but without the OP magic stuff, and a computer mod. He has liscences to distribute it, so I'm going to be switching to that, whenever I get it. Until then, I'll try to get the tekkit server up and running on the Imposterbox. Starting to work on that in a few hours.

Sleep now.
    So no Equivalent Exchange I take it then, or computer craft? :( Any chance we could get a list of mods that are part of it?
    Last edited by sentaku; 2012-07-06 at 02:54 PM.

13. - Top - End - #643
    Ettin in the Playground

Sleep now.
    how is EE2 over powered?, it was the fun part of the pack
    Meow(Steam page)

14. - Top - End - #644

Cobblesteone generator -> diamonds.

Also, computercraft.
    It's like industrialcraft, redpower, computercraft, and some others.

15. - Top - End - #645
    Ogre in the Playground

Sleep now.
    In that case, no longer interested in the server, sorry. Specifically interested in a Tekkit server.

And yeah, EE2 is awesome.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

16. - Top - End - #646
    Troll in the Playground

Don't quite understand the point of EE2. If you want that many diamonds, just play in creative, or mine for them. They are very easy to find, and with a fortune pick you can get a stack real quick, perhaps even quicker than with EE2.

17. - Top - End - #647

Okay Imposter is a bum and won't go fix the server. I'll host it for a bit, starting right now.

18. - Top - End - #648
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Cobblesteone generator -> diamonds.

Also, computercraft.
    It's like industrialcraft, redpower, computercraft, and some others.
    Um, computercraft is part of tekkit.

Cobblestone generator -> diamonds is still fairly easy to create with those mods. It's slower though at least at first.

Quote Originally Posted by Forbiddenwar View Post
    Don't quite understand the point of EE2. If you want that many diamonds, just play in creative, or mine for them. They are very easy to find, and with a fortune pick you can get a stack real quick, perhaps even quicker than with EE2.
    1. People can't switch to creative on the server, that and creative is a different game type then survival.

2. Getting the fortune pickax requires, killings mobs, not dying, and luck. I personally am very bad at both killing mobs and not dying. So I would have to build and experience grinder.

That said EE is overpowered. It's "endgame" material is reached at a much faster then other mods in tekkit, and not only that it gives access to the other mods material faster then they do.

19. - Top - End - #649
    Ogre in the Playground

Mmmm... still, Scuzzball... a lot of us are interested in Tekkit, not something that's 'like, but different'. So, yeah. Requesting you don't go for the alternate thing.

Is it still on the same IP as you've posted before?

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

20. - Top - End - #650
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sentaku View Post
    That said EE is overpowered. It's "endgame" material is reached at a much faster then other mods in tekkit, and not only that it gives access to the other mods material faster then they do.
    Last time I played EE I got diamonds before food. Seems broken to me. But then, some people like broken games.

21. - Top - End - #651
    Ogre in the Playground

Right now, for some reason, Tekkit isn't installing a lot of the mods... erugh...

I don't really have the time to troubleshoot right now, and I can't go on the server until I do, so I won't get on in a bit anyway.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

22. - Top - End - #652
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Forbiddenwar View Post
    Last time I played EE I got diamonds before food. Seems broken to me. But then, some people like broken games.
    That's not hard, punch a couple of punch a couple of trees, make an wooden ax and start digging down to around level 10. Making sure to get some coal and iron on the way, along with cobblestone. Create a couple of stone pickaxes and an iron one, along with torches with the wood you brought and start branch mining, and or cave spelunking. You should probably get a least a diamond.

Food availability on the other hand is based on where you spawn, and at least for me has required a bit of walking to find food. (aside from growing a farm).

Sure a divining rod is faster, but that part of EE is not broken.

23. - Top - End - #653
    Ettin in the Playground

So if I'm trying to download Tekkit, and it keeps getting an error message saying "Cannot Find Java Directory" even after I've updated Java, what gives?
    LGBTA+itP

24. - Top - End - #654
    Ettin in the Playground

Any chance you could at least try keeping the server full tekkit for now?, Even though ee2 makes diamonds easier to get, it isn't over powered, as many recipes require hundreds of diamonds.
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-07-07 at 01:28 AM.
    Meow(Steam page)

25. - Top - End - #655
    Ogre in the Playground

Anyone have an idea on how to fix Tekkit for me?

I assume we're using the latest version of it, right? Because it's not actually running all the Tekkit 'mods' (most notably, Tekkit's not running RedPower when I start it up).

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

26. - Top - End - #656

Java problems: Have you restarted computer.
    Tekkit stuff: Just keep restarting, I had that for a while. Twenty restarts later, it worked. Fun times.
    Other stuff: Tekkit server is staying up for right now, but what I really wanted was the industrial bits. Tekkit just had those, and looked cool. I don't like pieces of it, so I will be moving to a modpack that is actually what I want. If someone else wants to host the tekkit server, I can give you the map and everything. It requires forwarding a port to the computer it's running on, and then just running it.

27. - Top - End - #657

My little bro has a home at X=66, Y=74, Z=46 on the creative world group that's been a little roughed up. (I don't know if there is more than one map or what not, so this might not be helpful)

There are some pretty huge cubes of blocks removed and filled with water or just thin air. One of these took out a good chunk of his redstone wiring and someone else's long of road of restone (I dunno what it powers)

He's a little discouraged, and HA looked into it and said I should post here. Did he take up too much space with his designs and encroach into someone's turf? If he didn't break any sort of rule, can his wiring can be restored?
    Szilard has all of those sweet trophies for a reason. Awesome avatar is his handiwork.

28. - Top - End - #658
    Firbolg in the Playground

Not the right coordinates, but i found the place anyway.

No and no. That was a chunk error, and I can't find any way to fix it easily besides reading his mind and rebuilding it. He can rebuild.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

29. - Top - End - #659

Quote Originally Posted by memnarch View Post
    Not the right coordinates, but i found the place anyway.

No and no. That was a chunk error, and I can't find any way to fix it easily besides reading his mind and rebuilding it. He can rebuild.
    Sorry bout that, I just put what he told me. That's a shame.
    Szilard has all of those sweet trophies for a reason. Awesome avatar is his handiwork.

30. - Top - End - #660
    Ogre in the Playground

There's a tekkit server? What's the IP?
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.