New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1176
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Vicious Betrayals

Sephyrdiam- Finally, Opportunity Strikes!

When Voimond says, "You are acting irrationally and violently." , Sephyrdiam appears in a billow of wind.

"And why shouldn't she be? She is the Mother Goddess, after all. How should she react if she sees her child being presumably attacked? Think logically and wait to see the result? No, she's going to strike down those who harm her prodigies. It was out of pure Maternal instinct why she struck. Would you not have done the same if one of your creations were being attacked or destroyed without your knowledge?"

He turns to both Voimond and Akna.

"And it is true: I was delusional, and performed actions under false pretenses. I am sorry for the confusion. It is... an annoying habit of mine. It is also my fault why you are so angered and confused at this moment, Akna. Again, I can only apologize for my rudeness.

Also..."

Sephyrdiam turns to Voimond specifically.

"I highly doubt that forcing her leave on actions of violence and irrationality is anywhere near justified enough. All of us here have acted out of irrationality and violence once or at least because of them, except for a handful of the newer Gods and Goddesses. Regardless, none of us can call upon that as justification, and none of us should. We are Gods; we should act like Gods."
    Last edited by TechnOkami; 2012-04-26 at 04:44 AM.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kansheri - Planar and Contractual Confusion]

"In addition to Sephyrdiam's points, I must point out that we are not, in fact, on the moon. We were when I issued the challenge, but the duel itself was in the Void, where we still are. Unless, of course, you were suggesting that Akna leave the Void because it abuts your home?"
    , the Formless One asks sweetly, though with a touch of ice underlying her tone. "Also... I never specified that either of us could not bring aid. My conditions were simply that the duel be held in the Void, and the agreed upon penalties for loss. If Artoran chose to interpret my exact phrasing as meaning that the duel was to be one on one, that is hardly my fault."

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Perhaps unwisely, Arziak interrupts. If I may, let me remind us allvthat the very definition of a duel implies two equal parties engaging each other. Though it does not truly concern me, I do believe strongly in upholding proper terminology, and acting accordingly to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha
    Fates I think you are a psychotic genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand
    Fates, you are a god amongst men. Like, the god of bad luck.

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    Sephyrdiam- Finally, Opportunity Strikes!

When Voimond says, "You are acting irrationally and violently." , Sephyrdiam appears in a billow of wind.

"And why shouldn't she be? She is the Mother Goddess, after all. How should she react if she sees her child being presumably attacked? Think logically and wait to see the result? No, she's going to strike down those who harm her prodigies. It was out of pure Maternal instinct why she struck. Would you not have done the same if one of your creations were being attacked or destroyed without your knowledge?"

He turns to both Voimond and Akna.

"And it is true: I was delusional, and performed actions under false pretenses. I am sorry for the confusion. It is... an annoying habit of mine. It is also my fault why you are so angered and confused at this moment, Akna. Again, I can only apologize for my rudeness.

Also..."

Sephyrdiam turns to Voimond specifically.

"I highly doubt that forcing her leave on actions of violence and irrationality is anywhere near justified enough. All of us here have acted out of irrationality and violence once or at least because of them, except for a handful of the newer Gods and Goddesses. Regardless, none of us can call upon that as justification, and none of us should. We are Gods; we should act like Gods."
    Voimond - Geminus

"It is my home, and I may choose who may or may not stay for any or no reason at all. I thought asking her to leave was more measured than assaulting her and forcing her to leave. The first time someone violated the rules of hospitality here by threatening Nsyv, I attacked them and forced them away. You also are misunderstanding my objections. It is not the violence, it is that she intruded upon a duel and intervened in an affair that she should not have."

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post

"In addition to Sephyrdiam's points, I must point out that we are not, in fact, on the moon. We were when I issued the challenge, but the duel itself was in the Void, where we still are. Unless, of course, you were suggesting that Akna leave the Void because it abuts your home?"
    , the Formless One asks sweetly, though with a touch of ice underlying her tone. "Also... I never specified that either of us could not bring aid. My conditions were simply that the duel be held in the Void, and the agreed upon penalties for loss. If Artoran chose to interpret my exact phrasing as meaning that the duel was to be one on one, that is hardly my fault."
    Voimond - the Moon

"I will point out the fact that you two in the Void but many people have been talking to you here on the moon with no problems in you hearing us at all. So your delusion of not being on the Moon is noted. Akna still must leave my plane."

Spoiler
    Show
    THAT is why you should tell people who you are and where you are in your posts, especially if there is a chance for confusion. Other than the fight itself, NOONE but Shmee and I have said where we are. We have both been in this conversation an declared ourselves on the moon. You never did and ergo we are on the Moon.
    Last edited by planswalker; 2012-04-26 at 08:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Plans, we said the duel was in the Void.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeriah View Post
    Akna seems unswayed.

Anyone who attacks my children has to go through me first.
    "You're a fool! You don't see Nysv or Voimond leaping in every time I get in a fight! Nysv, despite being my mother, only helps if I pay! Voimond has attacked me three times!" he shouts. "She made her choice. You have no right to intervene in an agreement made by two godlings that are fully in control of themselves.

"You are the only one out of line here, Akna," he says, spitting out the name like a curse.

"I said the duel was to be one on one and you made no objection! That was my condition" Artoran shouts. "Nysv, I'm right, right? I don't have to be a goddess, do I?" he says, in a panic. "I said it, that makes it part of the deal!"
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nysv, the Moon

The god of Shadows gives a sigh at Atoran's questions "Very well... I suppose that as you are a good customer who paid his dues on time, I can act as your witness for once, free of charge. However let this be another lesson... do not trust anyone's word, for words are easily broken."

"A duel was agreed by both godlings. I stand witness to this. By definition, a duel is a contest of strength arranged by two people. For what my opinion is worth? Just like your opponent broke the terms of your duel, as you did not agree to a two on one fight, so you too reserve the rights to claim that the result is null and void, considering that this ceased to be a duel from the moment that Akna was involved."
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Titan in the Playground

Artotan - The Moon

Artoran lets out a laugh. "See? The duel is void!"

Show

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Arziak smirks. Ah, what a pity. I was looking forward to seeing Artoran turned into a goddess. I'm sure she would have been every bit as lovely as Artoran is. With a chuckle, the godling of the arcane sits, crossed-legged, and closes his eyes. I have a bit of thinking to do now, so please, try not to disturb me.
    Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha
    Fates I think you are a psychotic genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand
    Fates, you are a god amongst men. Like, the god of bad luck.

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Ogre in the Playground

Akna, the Void
    Spoiler
    Show
    I had also thought that the fight was taking place in the Void. Hence why Akna started in the void and never left it when going to Kansheri's side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    "You're a fool! You don't see Nysv or Voimond leaping in every time I get in a fight! Nysv, despite being my mother, only helps if I pay! Voimond has attacked me three times!" he shouts. "She made her choice. You have no right to intervene in an agreement made by two godlings that are fully in control of themselves.

"You are the only one out of line here, Akna," he says, spitting out the name like a curse.
    Then you have a poor excuse for a mother. I suppose next you'll tell me you have a father who only cares about you if you actively do his work for him.

Quote Originally Posted by planswalker View Post
    Voimond - Host

"Akna, you are out of line. I suspect Sephyrdiam was very delusional when he told me that this foul mood you're in has to do entirely with you blaming me for the evil meddler's death, but whyever you are like this, you interrupted a friendly duel where neither party intended to harm each other. You are acting irrationally and violently. I am asking you to leave. The Moon is still my home and I will not have guests on it who behave in such a rude fashion. Feel free to come back when you can think rationally."
    Turning to Voimond now that Akna feels she has dealt sufficiently with Artoran.

As for you, be silent. You accuse me of doing only what you have done repeatedly from the very moment of your birth. The difference is that I protect my offspring while you protect only your ego.

Akna merely gives Sephyrdiam a look of mixed anger, confusion, and frustration.
    Homebrewer's extended signature

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Click an award to see the entry.

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Titan in the Playground

Akna, the Void
    Spoiler
    Show
    I had also thought that the fight was taking place in the Void. Hence why Akna started in the void and never left it when going to Kansheri's side.
    Then you have a poor excuse for a mother. I suppose next you'll tell me you have a father who only cares about you if you actively do his work for him.

Turning to Voimond now that Akna feels she has dealt sufficiently with Artoran.

As for you, be silent. You accuse me of doing only what you have done repeatedly from the very moment of your birth. The difference is that I protect my offspring while you protect only your ego.

Voimond - Geminus

"Once again, let me reiterate that it is not that you fought, but why. You ran in and, in an attempt to "protect" your child from a non-existent threat, disrupted an agreement between two gods. This in fact made it impossible for your child to do what she wanted. Yes, I fight a lot. But I do my best to fight when it is called for. All hail Akna, the mighty goddess of smothering her children! Never engage in a friendly competition with one of her children. She will run in and crush you for daring to touch her children."
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Titan in the Playground

Akna, the Void
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Bah! There's no sense in trying to reason with you!" he shouts. "I'm done trying to talk with you. This is a waste of my time."

The God of War then turns to Kansheri. "If you need to find me, I'll be on Curon. If you want to arrange a new battle, fine, but leave your psychotic mother out of it."

And in a flash Artoran returns to Curon. He takes Smasher and in a rage begins flinging it around the plane, turing the already chaotic landscape into one even more so, leaving deep canyons and leveling mountains in his divine rage.

Show

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Ogre in the Playground

Akna and Kansheri, the Void

Akna, pointedly ignoring the other deities, looks Kansheri over for injuries. Finding nothing serious, she silently scolds her daughter for getting into scuffles with someone like Artoran.

Kansheri, I've been looking for you. Our family is banding together so that we might be strong in the times to come. There is something coming, and we must stand together.

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Ogre in the Playground

[Akna and Kansheri, the Void]

"My apologies, Mother,"
    Kansheri replies, smiling apologetically at her. "I was unaware of your search, or I would have made myself less obscure. I take it this is the same threat Yiasial spoke of before her death? But in any case, I would be honored to stand with the rest of my family."

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Ogre in the Playground

[Akna and Kansheri, the Void]

"My apologies, Mother,"
    Kansheri replies, smiling apologetically at her. "I was unaware of your search, or I would have made myself less obscure. I take it this is the same threat Yiasial spoke of before her death? But in any case, I would be honored to stand with the rest of my family."
    I believe that it is the same threat. Sadly, she never told me much about it. Still, since taking over her watch tower, I have been able to hear them coming... Their voices are like to drive me mad. It is no wonder Yiasial was so distant, so cold.

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Titan in the Playground

Artoran - Curon
    Artoran, his divine rage finshed, gets to plotting. Devious plans run through his mind. Ones to get back at Akna, the self righteous goddess.

What did she prize the most? Her family. Artoran knew how to hurt her, and in his own special way. Grinning widely, the Lord of Battle blinks out of Curon, heading towards his birthplace.

Artoran - The Moon
    Landing on the Moon in a cloud of dust, Artoran seeks out Nysv.

"Nysv, mother, I have a favor to ask of you," he says, striding forward, speaking for the first time since his creation in a hushed tone, making it so only Nysv can hear.

"As always, I will pay. I simply require your cloak for a short time, a few breaths," his eyes almost glowing with joy for the plans of bloodshed he has.

Show

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Posting this now, because I missed posting it when it was first introduced.

AP ?? = ??? - 3(Create Artifact: Aegis of the Mother Earth)
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Aldhaven - May 27, 2010 and ongoing.
    Aldhaven Rules and Homebrew (aldhaven.com)

Character Repository
    Homebrew List
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post

Artoran - The Moon
    Landing on the Moon in a cloud of dust, Artoran seeks out Nysv.

"Nysv, mother, I have a favor to ask of you," he says, striding forward, speaking for the first time since his creation in a hushed tone, making it so only Nysv can hear.

"As always, I will pay. I simply require your cloak for a short time, a few breaths," his eyes almost glowing with joy for the plans of bloodshed he has.

"Mother eh? Cute. If that is the title you wish to bestow upon me, so be it."
    Nysv listens as Artoran makes his request. Nysv whispers back while chuckling "You would dare undress your own Mother? But in all seriousness... do you understand the consequences of what you are asking? Who ever puts what I wear becomes one with the emptiness of the Void. Anything they have ever done, from the start of creation until it ends will be blotted out... or the credit given to someone else. The wearer is cursed as if to never have existed at all."

"For one such as myself, whose deeds come from the shadows and are best left there... this is no burden. I care little about recognition about what I do. But can the same be said of you godling? All your fights... all your combats... fight and win as many as you want, the honor shall not be yours. Everything you do... and indeed... even yourself... will either be forgotten. The bards will not sing their epics about your deeds, and boast as you may the tavern wenches will look at you with a funny look on their faces as they will not know who you are."

"So here is my advice once more godling... let it not be said that I failed to give you a fair warning. Are you sure that you wish to put my burden on your shoulders?"

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shmee View Post

"Mother eh? Cute. If that is the title you wish to bestow upon me, so be it."
    Nysv listens as Artoran makes his request. Nysv whispers back while chuckling "You would dare undress your own Mother? But in all seriousness... do you understand the consequences of what you are asking? Who ever puts what I wear becomes one with the emptiness of the Void. Anything they have ever done, from the start of creation until it ends will be blotted out... or the credit given to someone else. The wearer is cursed as if to never have existed at all."

"For one such as myself, whose deeds come from the shadows and are best left there... this is no burden. I care little about recognition about what I do. But can the same be said of you godling? All your fights... all your combats... fight and win as many as you want, the honor shall not be yours. Everything you do... and indeed... even yourself... will either be forgotten. The bards will not sing their epics about your deeds, and boast as you may the tavern wenches will look at you with a funny look on their faces as they will not know who you are."

"So here is my advice once more godling... let it not be said that I failed to give you a fair warning. Are you sure that you wish to put my burden on your shoulders?"
    As Artoran hears the full extent of what would happen, his face drops.

"No, I cannot have that. My triumphs are too important. I cannot sacrifice that, not matter the gain," he says, dissapointed. "This is a lot to ask of one such as you, one who always keeps her face concealed, but could I borrow the Mask instead? The powers are similiar, but it lacks the terrible consequences, correct?" he says, hopeful.

Show

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nysv, the Moon

Nysv chuckles again "Fool! I am Darkness Incarnate! Do you really think it is beyond my powers to conceal a godling like you in the shadows?" With one of its Shadow Tendrils, Nysv slightly pulls back the hood of the Voidcloak until Nysv's Mask emerges from it, its bright eyes staring deep into Artoran's soul.

All of a sudden, Artoran would notice that he had become one with the shadows. No one else would notice him besides Nysv, who had also melted into the shadows, and seemed to have grown taller and much more menacing in its own element.

"You are now one with the Darkness and can move through the shadows undetected. Normally I would charge you, but I have a disdain for those who would break an honored deal. Thus you have one hour till my Masks' effects wears off... otherwise you merely have to will yourself to return to your normal state. You are fortunate that you are a godling... a mortal would not be able to do this."

"I wont ask what you plan on doing... nor do I want to know. But as always... my services are always for hire."

And with that, Nysv returns back to the Moon. In his shadow form, Artoran can actually see Nysv's silhouette, and next to it, that of Voimond. Indeed, everything now seemed like a shadowy silhouette to Artoran.

Spoiler
    Show

Just reminding you of the powers of Nsyv's Mask as described when I created it:

"Nysv Mask is a powerful artifact which embodies both entities of Light and Darkness. Its primary function is that Nysv can use it to drop itse;f or anything else it wants completely out of sight, thus not only hiding itself from view, both mortal and divine, but also any attempts to scry will result in failure as only shadows and darkness can be seen."

In any case, Artoran is now invisible for one hour.

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Barbarian in the Playground

Yatel: Lunaeri Delegation

"Thank you, Your Majesty."

The Lunaeri delegation would stay with the High Onari for a few weeks, exchanging their respective knowledge of healing. Only two of the Lunaeri are learned in the arts of Grace Magic and they train whichever Onari are chosen to become practitioners.

The Void: Gazardiel and others

Following his mother and twin to the site of the duel, Gazardiel witnesses his mother's intervention and the conversation following the fight. He stands close behind his mother, silent yet seething with anger at those who would taint her dignity. After listening to his mother speak to one of the gods involved in the duel, he comes to the conclusion that this goddess, Kansheri, is his sister. "Hello Kansheri. I am Gazardiel, god of beauty and preservation as well as father to the Lunaeri. In a way, I am also their king. I know little about you, but it is good to see that you are loyal to the family."

Tamriel: High King Maedro

The loss of Lunaeri life was a constant damper on the king's life. Why should the flames of his children flicker out while his lived on, ageless and immortal? He would share the gift of eternal life with them, but it had to be at a cost.

Immortality is granted to the Children of the Moon. But the Children also learn a new concept: cremation. The High King teaches his children of the gift that has been granted to them, but also of the even greater gift that awaits them when the day comes that they die in ways that even immortality cannot preserve. Through the process of cremation, their bodies and souls pass on to another plane. In that plane, known as the Citadel, they have the pleasure and honor of serving their god in his most direct form. But such a reward can only be achieved by serving Gazardiel to the fullest in their first lives. Such behavior is rewarded with the high honor of cremation after death.

Over time, the glory and honor that awaits them in death becomes an obsession of the Lunaeri. It drives them to seek glory and honor in their lives on the mortal plane. The Lunaeri preserve their accomplishments through song and physical form, becoming known for their art and music. At the same time, they use their talents to create lamentations and ballads of the woes of their own immortality. Other mortals like the short-lived kobolds who serve the Lunaeri may envy them for their immortality, but they have no understanding of the suffering that it oft causes for the Children.

Based on the gifts of knowledge that the Lunaeri have received one way or another as well as the pursuit of honor and glory, an organization of religious warriors is created by the people of Tamriel. High King Maedro serves as the head of the order, Grandmaster of Paladins. The Paladins of the Angel is an order that contains the finest and most accomplished warriors of the Lunaeri-kind. Most Lunaeri boys seek membership throughout their eternal lives for it is believed that the higher the achievements and glory achieved in their first lives, the greater the honor they receive in their second. The Paladins of the Angel are recognized by outsiders for their skill in protection and healing. In battle they are equipped with thick, lavishly decorated armor, and the Paladins are skilled in the arts of grace magic, medicine, and the innate abilities of protection that they inherit from being children of the god of preservation.

Spoiler
    Show
    Beginning AP: 6AP (5AP/1PAP)

Teach Populace [Cremation - The Lunaeri]: Sept of Gazardiel Utility Artifact. As described in the OOC, cremation becomes very important for the Lunaeri. As a way of preserving the beauty and souls/lives of his children, Gazardiel teaches them cremation. After death, Lunaeri who are burned pass on to the Citadel plane where they serve their god. On the mortal plane they serve his avatar, Maedro, so it has a sort of symmetry to it. Lunaeri who die glorious deaths are thought to be given places of honor in their second life. The worst disgrace a Lunaeri can suffer is failure of their corpse to be burnt after death.

Intervene [Immortality - The Lunaeri]: 1AP. As described in the OOC thread, I'm totally stealing ideas from Tolkien here. But who doesn't when writing in a fantasy setting? Along with the way Lunaeri pass on to the Citadel, I am granting them both a gift and a curse. The Lunaeri will be immortal while their servants, the underground kobolds, live very short lives. (Just some more symmetry for you) Being able to interact and serve Gazardiel in the Citadel is something they long for, though it is achieved only through death. Suicide will become a sin for Lunaeri. Instead, they are expected to live their lives in service to their god. It is assumed that one day they will die whether in battle or through other means and then they are permitted to pass on to the Citadel if their bodies are cremated. Thus, the Lunaeri will be adopting much of the sad qualities that Tolkien's elves possess. Art and glorification will be a deep part of their culture. Because their lives are so long and they see so much while longing to be in the presence of Gazardiel, they will devote much of their life to works of art and things that preserve their accomplishments. At the same time, they also serve as lamentations to the second lives that they long for.

Create Organization [Paladins of the Angel]: 1AP + Lunaeri Domain. This is a sort of religious/warrior organization of the highest honor. Lunaeri boys train and work during their immortal lives to achieve the highest honor of becoming a Paladin of the Angel. Thus far, Lunaeri have learned the concepts of Metalworking, Medicine, Grace Magic, and I intend to have them learn the Flow (specializing in the creation/evil side) and Preyomancy. These concepts have made them specialists in the art of healing and defense. Paladins of the Angel are feared in battle not for their skill at killing, but for their skill of preserving (my domain). They are total "tanks" to put things in MMORPG terms and in that field they are probably unmatched so far. Paladins of the Angel falls into the "glorification" category because they're thought to be greatly honored for their achievements in the second life. (Noting this because I want the Glorification Portfolio eventually)

By the way, I never specified which two classes I would create when I created the concept of Grace Magic. Clerics and paladins. Now, creating the organization, I've created the prestige class of Paladins of the Angel.

Ending AP: 4AP (3AP/1PAP)

Beauty Domain: Available
    Preservation Domain: Exhausted
    Lunaeri Domain: Exhausted
    Sept of Gazardiel: Exhausted
    The Angel's Forge: Available

For my own sake:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Actions:
    Create Race [Lunaeri]: 1AP & Beauty Domain
    Mold Land [Lunar Vale]: Preservation Domain
    Join Pantheon [Guardians]: 1AP & Preservation Domain
    Create Plane (with Guardians) [The Citadel]: 1PAP
    Create Utility Artifact [Sept of Gazardiel] (Teach Populace Artifact): 2AP & Beauty Domain
    Create Concept [Grace Magic]: 2AP & Preservation Domain
    Teach Populace [Grace Magic - The Lunaeri]: 1 Free Teach Populace Action
    Gain Portfolio Element [Lunaeri-kind]: 1PAP
    Gain Divine Level [Warrior]: 2AP
    Create Avatar [Maedro, High King of the Lunaeri, the Shining One]: Lunaeri-kind Portfolio Discount + 2AP
    Mold Land [Gardens of the Moon]: Beauty Domain
    Teach Populace [Metalworking - The Lunaeri]: Sept of Gazardiel Utility Artifact
    Gain Domain [Lunaeri]: 1PAP + 1AP
    Create Utility Artifact [The Angel's Forge]: Preservation Domain & 2AP
    Create Subrace [Gryphons]: Lunaeri Domain
    Create Combat artifact [The Guardian's Shield]: Preservation Domain, the Angel's Forge, and 1AP
    Mold Land [Golden Caverns]: Lunaeri Domain
    Intervene [Underground Kobolds - Gold Lust]: Beauty Domain
    Teach Populace [Domestication - The Lunaeri]: Sept of Gazardiel
    Gain Divine Level [Warrior]: 2AP
    Join Pantheon [Cosmic Conclave]: 1AP + Preservation Domain
    Teach Populace [Cremation - The Lunaeri]: Sept of Gazardiel Utility Artifact[/SPOILER
    Intervene [Immortality - The Lunaeri]: 1AP]
    Create Organization [Paladins of the Angel]: 1AP + Lunaeri Domain
    Last edited by TsukikoJ; 2012-04-26 at 02:47 PM.
    Total War Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Celestial Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    MIL:+++++ +++-
    ECO:+++++ +++++ +++++ +++++
    MOR:+++++ ++-
    ESPD:+++++ +++++ +++++ ++
    ESPO:+++++ +++++ +++-
    WO:+++++ +

Gobotopia
    Spoiler
    Show
    ADV:++
    ECO:+++++ +++++ +++++ +++++ +++++ +++-
    ESP:+
    LOY:+++++ +++++ ++
    MAG:+++++ +++++ +++++
    MIL:+++++ +++++ +++++
    REP:+++++ +++++ +
    STA:+++++ +++++ +
    Lost Woods: ++

Greater Egypt
    Spoiler
    Show
    MIL:++
    ESP:++
    ECO:++++
    RES: ++
    MOR:+++++ ++
    WO:+++++
    REP: +++

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Titan in the Playground

Voimond - the Moon

Struck by an inspiration, Voimond will enter the Deep Caverns, ignoring the surface guests. Great tearing and grinding sounds can be heard echoing from below.

William the Bloody - Where has be been?

William the Bloody has not been inactive in the intervening years. Far from it. All over the world, there are whispers of a great assassin, one who never kills the same way twice. A water master with such control of the water that it appears out of the air itself to protect him from harm.

The whispers are true. For now, William has kept a low profile, not choosing to assault any large targets. Until today. Today, he stops being an assassin and becomes a one-man army.

He is standing just outside the gates to a city of Alorn's followers in the form of a high onari. He takes out a fist-sized flat stone of an odd type of rock not previously seen by the residents of the city and throws it at one of the guards near the gate.

The Dominator (former kobold slave) - Grand Plans

Just as he was about to defeat the oppressors who had enslaved him, God died and an invader race came in and enslaved them. Only for a new God to come and take most of his people away. But not all left. Some stayed behind and were freed from the burden of the invaders. They mostly scattered in all directions, leaderless and directionless.

One particular band of wanderers were all young and healthy. Their leader carried a whip with him at all times. They set up a camp, and over the years it grew into a respectable-sized city. The former slave with the whip had a powerful, domineering personality only made stronger by the power at his command. He never took a name for himself, and whatever one he had in his old life was lost in history. He came simply to be known as the Dominator, and he was the absolute tyrant of his small city.

Spoiler
    Show
    using balance domain to teach the unclaimed kobols the art of citycraft.

justification: balance in Voimond's philosophy is stability and sustainability. Kobolds who live in cities have more stable, productive lives than those who have no such protection.

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Ogre in the Playground

I believe that it is the same threat. Sadly, she never told me much about it. Still, since taking over her watch tower, I have been able to hear them coming... Their voices are like to drive me mad. It is no wonder Yiasial was so distant, so cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by TsukikoJ View Post
    The Void: Gazardiel and others

Following his mother and twin to the site of the duel, Gazardiel witnesses his mother's intervention and the conversation following the fight. He stands close behind his mother, silent yet seething with anger at those who would taint her dignity. After listening to his mother speak to one of the gods involved in the duel, he comes to the conclusion that this goddess, Kansheri, is his sister. "Hello Kansheri. I am Gazardiel, god of beauty and preservation as well as father to the Lunaeri. In a way, I am also their king. I know little about you, but it is good to see that you are loyal to the family."
    Kansheri nods at her mother, looking concerned, but is distracted before she can speak by her brother.

When he's done speaking, the Changeling Queen smiles at him, remembering the 'day' she was born, and her experiment upon the Lunaeri. "I am Kansheri - as you heard, it seems -, goddess of change and transformations. And it would appear I have you at a disadvantage, brother... I remember you, or at least your creations. They are most pleasing, as befits one responsible for beauty. I trust you do not object to the change I made to some of them, the ones now known as Lunethi, since you have said nothing against them, or changed them to be as they once were?"

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Barbarian in the Playground

Meanwhile, Among the Kobolds...

In the service of the Lunaeri, the kobolds work hard for their masters but learn as well. Farming, herding, city-building, and even metalworking all become known to the kobolds with the help of Lunaeri teachers. Having lived underground their whole lives, the Lunaeri were not so cruel as to force the kobolds to dwell only above the earth. Instead, their own city is built at the mouth of the Lunar Vale. The great river runs through the city itself which extends on either side of the river all the way into the mountains that guard the Vale from outsiders. Now, the only way into the Vale is through the gates of the kobolds. The kobolds spend most of their time in the parts of the city beneath the mountains and that's where their most important structures are placed and most of the work is done.

One of the older underground kobolds, named Rakkum, is raised up by the High King as governor of Gamouth, the kobold city. Governor Rakkum oversees his populace and is careful to make sure that half of the gold mined is handed over to the Lunaeri. On the one hand, the kobolds hate having to give up their beloved yellow rocks. On the other, they are gracious for being allowed to mine the yellow rock at all.

To demonstrate that the Lunaeri were different from the previous kobold overseers, High King Maedro demonstrates his power by creating a magnificent depiction of the friendship between kobolds and Lunaeri in the form of a stone carving within the main chambers of the kobold's city. All kobolds would pass the work of art in their travels throughout Gamouth.

The Void: Gazardiel, Kansheri, and others

"Ah, you are the one responsible for the Lunethi. It is unfortunate that you felt the need to tamper with that which is already perfection. But the Lunethi are not all that different from their brethren of pure form. Fortunately you were wise enough to only alter them slightly and make them few in number. I can appreciate the uniqueness and complexity that they add to the Lunaeri."

Gazardiel stops and analyzes the goddess of change and transformations. "I have no love for those who try to change that which I try to preserve though. I hope that your changes stay far away from my creations unless it's something I can approve of."

Spoiler
    Show
    Using beauty domain to create the mural as an Intervene action which subtly reminds the kobolds every day of the "good will" of the Lunaeri.
    Last edited by TsukikoJ; 2012-04-26 at 05:56 PM.
    Total War Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Celestial Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    MIL:+++++ +++-
    ECO:+++++ +++++ +++++ +++++
    MOR:+++++ ++-
    ESPD:+++++ +++++ +++++ ++
    ESPO:+++++ +++++ +++-
    WO:+++++ +

Gobotopia
    Spoiler
    Show
    ADV:++
    ECO:+++++ +++++ +++++ +++++ +++++ +++-
    ESP:+
    LOY:+++++ +++++ ++
    MAG:+++++ +++++ +++++
    MIL:+++++ +++++ +++++
    REP:+++++ +++++ +
    STA:+++++ +++++ +
    Lost Woods: ++

Greater Egypt
    Spoiler
    Show
    MIL:++
    ESP:++
    ECO:++++
    RES: ++
    MOR:+++++ ++
    WO:+++++
    REP: +++

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Void - Akna and Her Children]

"My Shapers will change them in battle, or if asked, as will the Bloodthieves. But otherwise, you can preserve them without my interference, save as requested by yourself, or as I - or another who asks my intercession - desire and gain your approval for,"
    the Evershifting agrees, shedding a plate of chitin, before reverting fully to her winged Onari form, and creating a small bowl, the sides of which are much like a dragon's wings, from her flesh, supported by an upcurved outcropping from her sternum, which is slowly, but steadily, being filled with her silver-gold blood by a new vein protruding from her throat, which she then dips a specially formed feather from her wings into. "I'll even sign to it, if desired."

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by planswalker View Post
    William the Bloody - Where has be been?

William the Bloody has not been inactive in the intervening years. Far from it. All over the world, there are whispers of a great assassin, one who never kills the same way twice. A water master with such control of the water that it appears out of the air itself to protect him from harm.

The whispers are true. For now, William has kept a low profile, not choosing to assault any large targets. Until today. Today, he stops being an assassin and becomes a one-man army.

He is standing just outside the gates to a city of Alorn's followers in the form of a high onari. He takes out a fist-sized flat stone of an odd type of rock not previously seen by the residents of the city and throws it at one of the guards near the gate.

Vardheim, an unexpected guest

The stone careens off the guards helmet. Fortunately for him, Vardr heads and as the very stone they sprang from. He and his counterparts quickly level massive crossbows. "Speak quickly or perish."

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post

Vardheim, an unexpected guest

The stone careens off the guards helmet. Fortunately for him, Vardr heads and as the very stone they sprang from. He and his counterparts quickly level massive crossbows. "Speak quickly or perish."
    "Read the message written in stone." the onari male said.

If they do so, the message reads "Surrender the city by sunset or the walls will be leveled."
    Last edited by planswalker; 2012-04-26 at 09:29 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Ettin in the Playground

Sephyrdiam- Scary Eyes
    Sephyrdiam shrinks away slightly from her looming gaze, but does not turn to leave. Instead, he listens to the words of his sister and niece, the whispers and rumors of an unseen foe, unseen to everyone but Yiasial.

"A threat... what kind of threat? Against who, the Gods? Did she say anything other than hints of its existence?"

Spoiler
    Show
    AP: 3 (rollover)
    Last edited by TechnOkami; 2012-04-26 at 10:26 PM.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Ogre in the Playground

Akna, the Voices in the Void

I... I don't know. It's just the voices I hear. I don't know what they say, but they are getting louder... closer. I sometimes hear their whispers.

Akna seems worried, even fearful, but a look of hard determination fills her eyes, and she sets her jaws firmly when she thinks about her children.

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Ettin in the Playground

Sephyrdiam- Voices...

Sephyrdiam turns, his direction now towards the depths of the void, specifically the location of Yiasial's tower.

"...tell me... where did you first hear these voices?"
    Last edited by TechnOkami; 2012-04-27 at 12:22 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Murdock?

Akna, Confused...

I don't know. I didn't realize I heard them at first. When I did, I knew that I had been hearing them in the background for awhile... They're always loudest from inside the tower though, but I think that's because it was built to listen for them. They sound so far away... as if they're on the edge of reality in the distance where the Void ends...

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show