New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default You've been sucked in.

Everyone has gathered around for a game of dungeons and dragons. A table is set up with drinks and snacks, everyone has their dice ready and has present with a blank character sheet and pencils. The books have been opened to begin the creation of the characters.

Suddenly throughout the room a booming voice is heard. "We need you heroes, come to us." It says. As soon as the voice stops talking a bright light forms in the center of the room and quickly expands to encompass everyone.
    When the light fades away you find yourself in a room with hewn stone walls and a wooden door. You are standing facing the door, and between you and it is a being that appears as a humanoid figure, but without distinguishable facial features. It's body appears to be glowing. You find no matter how hard you try you cannot move.

As you look onwards at it, the being begins to speak. "I have called you all here because this world needs help, it needs heroes. The world is falling into darkness and is nearing it's destruction if that darkness cannot be pushed back." It pauses for a moment. "While you are here no time will pass in your world. Win and you will be able to go back, loose and you will perish with the rest of this world. Die here and you will never see your world again. For millennia good and evil have fought here, sometimes winning, sometimes failing. Now the darkness threatens to overwhelm any light in the world. It threatens existence itself and must be broken, or this world will be gone, and so will you, my champions. You will be tested, and if you are worthy, you will be given more powerful and experienced bodies in which to go about your task. I am Light, and I am Weal. Welcome to Faerun." It finishes it's long and windy speak before disappearing in a flash and leaving you in the empty room. You find you can move again.
    Last edited by Katasi; 2009-03-22 at 10:28 PM.
    Better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: You've been sucked in.

(Could not resist to post despite having said I'm gone for the night)

Blake: Woah, what the hell. Hey, *feels face* eye patch, scar, goatee... I must be Right-Eye, oh wait I'm still human...nevermind. So uh... am I like dreaming or. *Waits for response from anyone else in party*.
    Note: Okay NOW I'm done for the night.
    Last edited by The Blackbird; 2009-03-24 at 07:43 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Jonathan:

"Why does every all powerful being crib from The Last Starfighter? It wasn't even a great movie! Theo, I apologize for every time I complained about your plots being to hackneyed." Jonathan shakes his head and looks around for a moment, then continues speaking to the air. ""Well, if every bodies okay, I guess we better get on with this.
    Last edited by MeklorIlavator; 2009-03-23 at 01:34 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Bobbie turns to Jack when the voice is heard, but before he can say anything...

Who's that? Where are we? Why can't I move? As the glowing humanoid tells them the situation. This can't be real. This can't be real!

After the glowing humanoid leaves, Bobbie turns to everyone. Are you guys all right?

Out of Character Thread.
    Players Chart
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table=head]Player|Character|Race|Class|Align.
    thorgrim29|Sam|Human|Bard|CG
    MeklorIlavator|Jonathan|Human|Warlock|CG
    Blackbird97|Blake|Human|Rogue|CG
    Tanaar|Brandis|Human|Duskblade|LN
    Lex-kat|Bobbie|Elf|Fighter/Sorceress|NG
    Malmagor Andrigal|Alej|Aasimar|Archivist|TN[/table]
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2009-03-25 at 09:59 PM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

Brandis

"The hell...? Come on, Blake, Jon. Don't tell me you actually fell for that! Jack's just messing with us."
    Looking around, Brandis blinks at the changed surroundings. "Wow...okay, that's a good one Jack!" He raises his voice, "You can come out now though!" With no response forthcoming, and the surroundings unchanged, the stocky man walks over to the "stone" wall and places a broad hand on it. His grin vanishes in horror as he encounters not wood and plaster, but solid rock.

Spoiler
    Show

Apologies for being nit-picky, but could everyone keep OOC and such in spoiler tags at least? Even better if its in an OOC thread (could we get one of those?)
    Last edited by Tanaar; 2009-03-23 at 01:42 AM.
    Ferret in the Playground!

6. - Top - End - #6

GnomeWizardGuy

As you begin to get your bearings the being's voice resonates through the room. "The test has begun." It says. Nothing changes as far as you can tell, and after the voice stops the room is silent. You notice a musty smell in the room, as though it hadn't been used in years, and the floor is covered in dust, making this seem even more likely. You note that while the dust where you are standing has been disturbed, the dust where the being was standing is untouched.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Jonathan:
    Well, might as well try the door...

In a few steps, Jonathan reached the door and attempts to open it.

8. - Top - End - #8

GnomeWizardGuy

Jonathan attempts to open the door, and finds that his hand goes through it about half an inch, and then slams against hard rock. When he does this the illusion of the door disappears revealing only more stone wall.
    Last edited by Katasi; 2009-03-23 at 05:45 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

Brandis

As Brandis walks around the room, scratching his head, a grudging thought comes to mind. Okay, suppose I believed this were real...and I don't! If we're being tested, and illusions are involved...then the actual door probably looks like stone. Easy enough to dispel, just interact with it. Reaching out tentatively to the stone wall, (real stone, not sheetrock!), he walks the perimeter of the room, applying pressure to the barrier.
    Last edited by Tanaar; 2009-03-23 at 09:40 AM.

10. - Top - End - #10

Alej

"I'm fine."

Okay, Don't Panic. panic will only make this worse. observe first.

"okay, the door is actually stone. there's a chance any of the other walls are the door. Seems a little too easy for a supposed test.... i think i'll check the floor, may be a ridiculous option, but hey, you never know."

Saying this, Alej focuses on the floor, carfuly inspecting the wooden planks.
    Last edited by Madmal; 2009-03-23 at 11:09 AM.

Inner Circle

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy
    But I must say the Izzet bunch are as crazy as a rabid goat with a rat biting its tail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    *ahem* *picks up megaphone*
    Attention everyone! Mal absolutly rocks!

Mal, I name you Fangirlfreind. Whenever you are in aid, call and we shall answer.
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...alpromteal.png

11. - Top - End - #11

GnomeWizardGuy

Brandis searches around the walls, but finds no more illusions. Alej, searching the floor, has more luck. She finds a button craftily stuck between two floorboards. When she presses it a panel slides away from one of the walls revealing a passage.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

All this time, Sam was having a blue screen moment, his eyes were unfocused, and he did nothing to contribute to the situation. Then, he shook it off, physically shaking a bit to refocus.

So.... what the ****? We're supposed to save Fearun from something? Freaking Fearun? This can't be real, just can't, can it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    So what do you think? What is best use for Signatures?
    To curate my brilliance and wit, of course. Any other use is a waste.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Blake: Hmmm, so I'm crossing out the dream theory otherwise I bet there would be dancing bananas or whatnot. As for this save Fearun thing, well I gotta be honest. It freaken rocks!Blake grins broadly.I've dreamed of doing this sorta thing for like years, being the hero I mean. This is gonna kick ASS. He pauses then says Let's go down the passage guys I wanna check this out

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

Brandis

Brandis rolls his eyes at his friends' exuberance. "Yeah, well, I'm still not ruling out that this is a prank. Highly sophisticated and elaborate, sure, but this kind of thing just doesn't happen. I'll believe it when I see proof." Continuing to mutter to himself, Brandis pulls open the trapdoor, easily hefting the heavy wood. "After you."

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Blake:Well I'm going in, you all comming? Blake goes into the trapdoor, but does nothing else waiting for others.
    Spoiler
    Show

Left-Eye by NamonakiRei
    Stick swordsman of the Kyrie fanclub!
    My bro's homebrew class.

How to: Glibness

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Might as well. But, in the case this is true.... Do you have any idea how big Fearun is? And, assuming this is the same one we know from TSR, how many insanely powerful bad and good guys there are in it?

He moves on.

17. - Top - End - #17

GnomeWizardGuy

(Assuming you all go through the passage, if not this is just for those of you that do)

You walk through the passageway for about a hundred feet before it opens into a large room. The walls are made out of more of the hewn stone, and the floor is made of dirt. Across from you is an iron door with no handles or lock that you can tell. On the door is written the following riddle:

The lowest below is above the highest above, while above the highest below is the lowest above.
    What sits atop is the lowest of low.

In the middle of the room stands a raised platform,made seemingly raised out of the dirt from the floor holding 4 statues. There is a solar, a lantern archon, a lemure, and a pit fiend. Carved into the wall next to the door are 4 shelves. There is nothing else in the room worth noting.
    Last edited by Katasi; 2009-03-24 at 02:48 AM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Jonathan:

As he walks into the passage way, he replies to Sam.
    Yeah. I mean, you think they'd just go ask one of their epic barkeeps.

After entering the room with the statues, Jonathan pause for a moment, mumbling to himself, "...lowest above...lowest below....", then turns to the others. "I think it's asking us to order the statues in some way. The first part of the first line seems clear, so the lantern archon above the Pit Fiend. But the next part seems to contradict itself: if the lowest creature is on top, how can something be above it? "

Spoiler
    Show
    How are the shelves oriented? Are they like one atop the other, or cut side to side?
    This
    [_]
    [_]
    [_]
    [_]
    of This?
    [_][_][_][_]

19. - Top - End - #19

GnomeWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    on top of eachother, I shoulda stated that. Also I had mixed up the riddle a little, it's fixed now, should make more sense.
    Last edited by Katasi; 2009-03-24 at 02:49 AM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Katasi View Post
    The lowest below is above the highest above, while above the highest below is the lowest above.
    What sits atop is the lowest of low.

Well, the lowest of the low..... that'd be a lemure right? Assuming that's what the half-finished statue is. The lowest above would be the ball of light, a lantern archon probably, the highest below is the pit fiend, and the highest above is the solar. Unless the hierarchy of the Abyss works differently, as in the strongest is below, I don't know.

So It'd be -lemure
    -solar
    -archon
    -Pit fiend

what do you think?

21. - Top - End - #21

Alej

Well, if this is a dream, i should congratulate myself that i have actually managed to achieve lucid dreaming. i don't remember my dreams, less interact with them.

makes sense Sam, if this is the Faerun we've heard about, put them in place!
    Last edited by Madmal; 2009-03-24 at 10:06 AM.

Inner Circle

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy
    But I must say the Izzet bunch are as crazy as a rabid goat with a rat biting its tail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    *ahem* *picks up megaphone*
    Attention everyone! Mal absolutly rocks!

Mal, I name you Fangirlfreind. Whenever you are in aid, call and we shall answer.
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...alpromteal.png

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Jonathan:
    Sounds good to me. Let's do it.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Blake: I concur.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Shrugging, Sam takes each statue and puts it down where he figures they should be.

25. - Top - End - #25

GnomeWizardGuy

The door swings open towards the party, revealing another room behind it. The doors take up an entire wall of this room. To the sides are two doors on each side. To the left are a door made of gold and a door made of iron. To the right are one made of silver and one of wood, painted red.
    Directly in front of you is yet another hewn stone wall, with another riddle written on it.

Gold is bold, red is bloody, silver is mysterious, iron is an arrows point. Four doors before you, which to take? The answer to the question is set in stone.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Blake: Hmm, you know I bet each door has something on the otherside based off the what the riddle represents. For example guys, the "bloody" red door might means there is some terrible danger, this theory said I would like to check out whats behind the door thats silver. Because the riddle said "Silver was mysterious" and that interests me. What do you all think?

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

Bobbie silently follows the others. He is horrible at riddles. Maybe there is a clue on the stone wall here. He begins to check the stone wall over.

Spoiler
    Show
    Search (1d20+5)[15]
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2009-03-24 at 10:13 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28

GnomeWizardGuy

Bobbie does her search and finds a hidden latch in the stone wall.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Bobbie smiles and looks to the others. I found a latch in the wall. Should I pull it?
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2009-03-24 at 10:39 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Honathan:
    "'The answer to the question is set in stone.'...Sure, why not."