New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Sleeping Goblin III: 40% More Drow!

He'll crawl next to her before moving to look down at her. He frowns, he hated seeing her cry. He then moves to kiss her cheek. Sh...baby, my Trissy...you're safe....why are you crying?

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

She visibly tenses when Marty kisses her cheek.

B-bad things... torture...

Trissy continues to cry quietly.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "Hmm, what a shame," Bellan says, waving after the fellow. He turns and studies Rainbow. "Rainbow, he's gone. There's no need to hide your face." The Knight walks over to smile at the young girl.
    Rainbow peeks over her knees.

Then looks at Marty and such.

She then hides her face again. They were freaking her out!
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

4. - Top - End - #34
    Halfling in the Playground

Actually, I believe Marty and his spouse went upstairs. Bellan, meanwhile, looks more tired than before. Calling up the Wheel's power has drained him for a few moments. "So... you wanted a room, Rainbow?" Such a lovely name, he thinks.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

5. - Top - End - #35
    Pixie in the Playground

The two men that rushed upstairs bring down the two female bodies that went up awhile ago. They appear to be dead but are just unconcious. They attempt to carry the bodies away with them and leave the sleeping goblin.

6. - Top - End - #36

"Woah, uh, hold up a second there!" Pausing only to mutter a quick "Sorry, be back in a second." to the deadtimed Sergeant Psionics, Tom attempts to quickly interpose himself between the door and the two miscreants carrying the seemingly dead girls. "Just what's going on here, huh?"
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

7. - Top - End - #37

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Actually, I believe Marty and his spouse went upstairs. Bellan, meanwhile, looks more tired than before. Calling up the Wheel's power has drained him for a few moments. "So... you wanted a room, Rainbow?" Such a lovely name, he thinks.
    "Yes, that'd be nice."
    Though her alleyway was looking better and better as she saw the two people carrying out dead people.
    "Bellan, I think those two just killed those girls..."
    She looked close to crying now.
    Busy with Life

8. - Top - End - #38

Quote Originally Posted by Lazorath View Post
    The two men that rushed upstairs bring down the two female bodies that went up awhile ago. They appear to be dead but are just unconcious. They attempt to carry the bodies away with them and leave the sleeping goblin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    "Yes, that'd be nice."
    Though her alleyway was looking better and better as she saw the two people carrying out dead people.
    "Bellan, I think those two just killed those girls..."
    She looked close to crying now.
    The two 'corpse'-carriers have not escaped Bellan's notice. His eyes narrow. "Rainbow, go upstairs and pick a room you like." He stands and moves to stop the men, giving Rainbow one last look to ensure she's moving. "I'll be back shortly."

That done with, the two men may find themselves confronted by a tall, muscular human warrior. His features are strong, his eyes green, his black hair cut in a military style. He calls out to the men, saying, "Excuse me. What are you doing with those girls?"

He shoots the Sarge and Tom a questioning glance, worried that they'll be hurt if this conversation goes downhill. Oh well, nothing to be done about it now.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-07-02 at 04:24 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

9. - Top - End - #39

Rainbow nods and disappears in a shower of confetti that is coming off of her body.
    One can only assume that she's upstairs.
    Busy with Life

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    "Woah, uh, hold up a second there!" Pausing only to mutter a quick "Sorry, be back in a second." to the deadtimed Sergeant Psionics, Tom attempts to quickly interpose himself between the door and the two miscreants carrying the seemingly dead girls. "Just what's going on here, huh?"
    Oh, finally! Time for some fun. Sergeant Psionics follows Tom over, mentally checking off a list of everything he has on him. If this devolves into a fight (which he sort of hope it does, even if though he won't be the one to start anything first), he'll be ready.

"I think you two should explain yourselves. Now."
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Let's Read the Monster Manual II!

Dwarf Cleric avatar by azuyomi244. Thanks!

Saurial Soulknife avatar by Serpentine. Thanks!

Warforged Fighter Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

11. - Top - End - #41
    Pixie in the Playground

The two brothers, Fenghar and Aladar find themselves in yet another sticky situation. The third situation in the last two days.
    Fenghar sighs as Aladar puts the seemingly dead body on his shoulder. Fenghar throws the body he has onto Aladar's other shoulder.
    "These girls here have been turned and are now partially undead. Judging by the blood stains on them the one on my brother's left shoulder is the one who can control the dead and she turned them."
    The other brother takes on from there.
    "Do you know what happens when you turn undead? The scent of your blood lingers in the air, strecthing over thousands of kilometers and the only ones who can smell it are the undead. You could say...that these two are like hotspots and will be attracting thousands of undead creatures for days. Many of the undead wish to be alive once more and when someone does a ritual to turn undead there's a risk of someone from outside coming in and using the ritual to make themselves whole again...we were just here to protect them."
    Aladar reveals a sinister smirk, knowing that they'd be willing to fight and the thought of a 3 on 2 makes him...excited.
    "Aladar, stop it!"
    "Sorry...i'm just getting pumped."
    "There's no need to fight them."
    Fenghar turns to the three people keeping them from their destination.
    "As I said before...please...excuse...us."
    Fenghar's words seem to be more friendly but the way he says the sentence sounds like all the anger within him's going to explode.
    The last two situations were caused by his brother so you can guess who caused this one.
    Aladar gives off an evil glare and if the will of anyone within the room isn't strong enough they would feel a cold chill shivering down their spine which could leave them temporarily paralyzed. On top of that, Aladar's anger causes all the food and drinks around him to rot and spoil. It's clear that the abilities of these two don't exactly show that their good but whilst Aladar does all the dramatic moves Fenghar just takes off his gloves which would appear to be more ominous seeing as he does less but less could always be more.
    If they look they'd see that his hands appear to be normal but there might be more that meets the eye.

12. - Top - End - #42

"Well, you're lying." Tom, as ever, is just the epitome of tact. "That is, I happen to be undead myself and...... Words peter out, replaced by puzzlement as Tom notices something odd going on. Puzzlement becomes horror as he raises a hand to his face and sees the flesh peeling away, the skin splitting like gum stretched too thin and falling away like old plaster.

This horror is in no way assuaged as Tom begins feeling his face itself, praying to whatever foreign gods he believes in that it is somehow unharmed, only for his fingers to sink right through the putrid, jelly-like mass that his eye has decayed into.

And before he was so well preserved for a decades old corpse...

So this is where Tom has been pushed too damn far, inciting a flicker of actual emotion from the lethargic undead. Well, more than a flicker. Much more. The last remnant of his human life is rotting away thanks to these bastards and Tom is steamed. With a worldless scream of anger he hurls himself at the nearest brother, moving in a blur as he tries to tackle Aladar to the ground and pin him there.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2012-07-03 at 10:46 AM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

13. - Top - End - #43

Blip!

An old man and a teenage boy teleport into the center of the main room. The old man is dressed in very simple wizard's robes with a with a wide brim hat. He looks all around the room. The teenager wears weirdly modern clothing for someone hanging around a wizard, a t-shirt and jean shorts. His very long hair tied back. He takes a seat but keeps his eyes on the door, and the argument occurring in front of it.

"Marty? Marty?" the old man calls looking around. Marty and others may recognize these two as Elio and Romeo.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

14. - Top - End - #44

Bellan watches as a salvageable situation dissolves into combat. With both sides agitated, he'd seen it coming, but not so damn quickly. He sighs at the impending carnage, about to join in, before he hears the relieving sound of a new customer. The tall human turns, walking over while the fight is deadtimed.

"Marty is upstairs. His wife's just been resurrected, I'm afraid. I don't know if he'll be taking customers, Mister...?" He looks between the two men.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Elf Bard View Post
    She visibly tenses when Marty kisses her cheek.

B-bad things... torture...

Trissy continues to cry quietly.
    Marty frowns, why was she tensing? Why do you tense, are you nervous? Do you...what? What bad things....you're fine now...

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Blip!

An old man and a teenage boy teleport into the center of the main room. The old man is dressed in very simple wizard's robes with a with a wide brim hat. He looks all around the room. The teenager wears weirdly modern clothing for someone hanging around a wizard, a t-shirt and jean shorts. His very long hair tied back. He takes a seat but keeps his eyes on the door, and the argument occurring in front of it.

"Marty? Marty?" the old man calls looking around. Marty and others may recognize these two as Elio and Romeo.
    Marty, is upstairs at the moment and cannot answer.

16. - Top - End - #46

"Elio Fabrizio," the old man answers, "and the boy is Romeo. No misters necessary. We're acquaintances of Marty, and . . . Do you work here, actually? This may concern you as well."

My Characters

17. - Top - End - #47

"I'm the bouncer. And a friend of Marty's. What is it you want to say, gentlemen?" Bellan asks patiently, taking the time to glance back toward that fight by the door. As a bouncer and a Knight Ascendant, he'll have to go break that up shortly.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-07-03 at 05:48 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

18. - Top - End - #48

"Great! Now you're not just concerned, you're pivotal! Y'know the wall? That big graffiti-based message board in inside? Well, long story short, a clan called," Elio stops for a moment and turns to his apprentice. "Bex-ren-nef?" he asks, only to be met with a shrug from Romeo. "I'm terrible with Drownese. Anyway, they put up a bounty for a drow woman named Trissylene who's supposedly here. I kinda like Marty, so I wanted to give him a heads up and a helping hand."

"Not to mention, the personal interest in the keeping the Sleeping Goblin safe," his apprentice adds.

My Characters

19. - Top - End - #49

Oh my. This is worse than Bellan thought. The warrior's face darkens rapidly. "I think it would be best if you went upstairs and spoke with Marty after all, gentlemen," Bellan says, turning back to the scuffle at the door. "I have to deal with something. But rest assured, Marty's mate is safe as long as she's here." The Knight will make sure of that.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-07-03 at 07:21 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

A man strides in! He wears long black and purple robes of a priest. He has dark gray hair and seems to be around forty. He strides over to Bellan, staff in hand. He speaks with a harsh bass voice, and speaks with a calm determination. I am Archbishop Claudius Hark. I am here to spread the worship of Beatra. Please, I am taking alms for the poor. He hands out a small cup.

21. - Top - End - #51

"Thank you, sir." Without turning to the alms collector, Elio sticks his arm out to him and five gold coins float their way to the man. "I'll leave Romeo here." He proceeds to go upstairs to look for Marty.

"Why would the Archbishop collect alms himself?" Romeo asks. Archbishops are normally pretty high up the ladder in clergy.

My Characters

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

He walks over to Romeo. He's a menacing man, mainly because he's tall, gaunt, and has horribly black eyes. I wanted to see a bit more of this place. What better thing to do to get a look around at the people of the Nexus then collect alms?

23. - Top - End - #53

"No, I suppose not," Romeo says, leaning back cautiously in his chair. Scary man is scary. "How has it been working for you?" he asks, smiling nervously. "Having fun at all, meeting new folks?"

My Characters

24. - Top - End - #54

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Marty frowns, why was she tensing? Why do you tense, are you nervous? Do you...what? What bad things....you're fine now...
    N-not nervous..... they hurt me... and also... they h-hurt me...
    She curls up in his lap and shivers.

((Did Elio come into the room?))
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, joy! Combat! Quite honestly, the man in the goofy pseudo-Canadian military uniform has no idea about how undead things work. But the fact that these two corrupted poor Tom's form is enough for him. He unlatches his rifle from a special holding bag on his back in a swift motion that ends with the gun's safety being switched off and the gun pointed at Fenghar. At the same time, a skin-tight forcefield begins to form around his body. He'll attempt to do the same for Tom, but he doesn't know how exactly his psionic powers would effect Tom, if they would at all.

On him, however, it provides a higher level of protection strong enough to stop most forms of light arms fire. Anything stronger than that will probably be able to burst through it with little difficulty.
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Let's Read the Monster Manual II!

Dwarf Cleric avatar by azuyomi244. Thanks!

Saurial Soulknife avatar by Serpentine. Thanks!

Warforged Fighter Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

"No, I suppose not," Romeo says, leaning back cautiously in his chair. Scary man is scary. "How has it been working for you?" he asks, smiling nervously. "Having fun at all, meeting new folks?"
    N-not nervous..... they hurt me... and also... they h-hurt me...
    She curls up in his lap and shivers.

((Did Elio come into the room?))
    No?
    I...why? Why Trissy?
    He fetches a small blanket and tries to wrap it around Trissy.

27. - Top - End - #57

Trissy lets out another cute squeak.
    I-I'm tired... wanna sleep... can I use your bed? Just for today?
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

28. - Top - End - #58

The blind halfling strolls over. Hello... have you met anyone new here?

Besides now, of course.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

29. - Top - End - #59

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    No?
    I...why? Why Trissy?
    He fetches a small blanket and tries to wrap it around Trissy.
    Elio knocks very lightly on the door.

The blind halfling strolls over. Hello... have you met anyone new here?

Besides now, of course.
    "Do you mean this inn specifically? Because I've only been here a few minutes. I haven't had time to meet many new people, except you and the archbishop." Romeo answers.

My Characters

30. - Top - End - #60

The halfling laughs good-naturedly. Both!
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,